PDA

View Full Version : Battlefront 2 multipacks

mtriv73
07-18-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm still not entirely sold on these (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13823&mode=retail), because of the oversized weapons and all the repacks, but there are enough repaints to pique my interest. Has anyone seen these available for pre-sale anywhere else that's cheaper?

JediTricks
07-18-2007, 03:34 PM
$60 doesn't seem too bad for the 2 sets. I totally agree on the oversized weapons though, I love BF2 and the weapons were realistically-sized, not taller than a battle droid! And some of the weapons look phoned in.

LTBasker
07-18-2007, 04:03 PM
It's an interesting set as just a generic Clones vs. Droids pack, but just feels too much like it was thrown together because all they had to create was a new head (Clone Engineer), a few accessories and a jetpack for a 501st Clone.

I think mostly because the blue varies too much on the Clones and I feel they need some weathering/dirt/"battle damage" on each one to make it look like they've been in the same enviroment.

The gattling cannon for the Galactic Marine looks pretty accurate but a bit too large, same to the rocket launcher with the Trooper using the Bacara sculpt. The Battle Droid's sniper rifle is grossly inaccurate (in fact it's just the rifle from the ROTS Deluxe Clone) and the Droid rocket launcher as well. It's not supposed to be that big and it is more than just one long cylinder.

The Engineer and Jetpack Clone are really the only figures I'm interested in from this set. Honestly, I don't see the Droids as being worth it.

The Super Battle Droid sculpt appears to be from ROTS/AOTC Yoda&SBD 2-pack so it won't be able to stand, the Destroyer Droid sucks as usual and the Battle Droids won't be able to hold their weapons with two-hands without looking ridiculous (like shown). And I've accepted that the POTJ Security Droid is the last decent Battle Droid we're going to get. The Grievous bodyguard is okay though.

It's really surprising, they could've taken the opportunity to include Vader in something for the billionth time and yet they didn't. FX-7 would've been nice to see to go with the Power Droid but probably too expensive due to all the little arms.

Overall, I'll probably try to pick it up. I'm ashamed. >_<

evenflow
07-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I really want the Power Droid, but thats about it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Battlefront II is my favorite game, and these look overall pretty nice, so I'll be sure to get them. It would also be cool to see a set of Rebels and Imperials.

jedi master sal
07-19-2007, 02:42 AM
I'll get a set of each and actually keep them MIB. Then maybe one of the clone sets to open. But I'm in no hurry for them. These won't sell out. Especially the droid set. Inferior molds will kill that set quick.

DarkArtist
07-19-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm on board to get at least one of each perhaps two.

Dark Marble
07-20-2007, 09:39 AM
I don't say this very often, but I really hate this set. I have been one of the poor fools collecting gangs of clones for the last few years and at this point I expect a lot more out of a $60 set then playskool weapons and green eye paint jobs. If the price drops $20 and there is free shipping...nope nevermind.

figrin bran
07-20-2007, 10:31 AM
I don't say this very often, but I really hate this set. I have been one of the poor fools collecting gangs of clones for the last few years and at this point I expect a lot more out of a $60 set then playskool weapons and green eye paint jobs. If the price drops $20 and there is free shipping...nope nevermind.

But the green eye paint job is to keep the Jetpack Trooper game accurate! :p

I'll buy just the clones set and only one at that.

darko666
07-20-2007, 02:28 PM
thank god i'm not an army builder, or i would be broke. plus, the set doesn't seem all that great.

Kidhuman
07-21-2007, 01:23 AM
I might get these sets. I might order them for my kid since he loves the BF games. Would make a nice Christmas gift

Phantom-like Menace
08-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Somehow I missed the fact that we are getting the engineer clone's head. It would be nice if Hasbro could give us Commander Faie now since they have his head. I'm sold on that set for that reason alone. The 501st rocket trooper is just icing.

kool-aid killer
08-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Im probably going to pass on these. I dont see enough to warrant me wanting them. Ive already got a sizable amount of clones so the only thing missing is the weapons. The droids arent terribly impressive either, though i do like the power droid.

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 07:18 PM
I think I may end up getting them just for the BF2-ness of it. I already have all these figures I can reenact game scenes with, vehicles too, so these are more about what they're representing.