PDA

View Full Version : When was the last TAC figure you found?

JediTricks
07-23-2007, 03:27 AM
For me, it's been over a month! June 18th: 556218 Seems like a long time to go through a dry spell in summer, I could see it in 1st quarter but not after that.

So, when was your last TAC figure find?

bigbarada
07-23-2007, 05:12 AM
For me, it's been over a month! June 18th: 556218 Seems like a long time to go through a dry spell in summer, I could see it in 1st quarter but not after that.

So, when was your last TAC figure find?

We got a small number of wave 1 & 2 about 2-3 weeks ago, but we had been dry for well over 4 months prior to that. Nothing since then, however.

Kidhuman
07-23-2007, 07:48 AM
I found wave 3 about 2 months ago. I havent seen anything new since then, but did buy 2 McChewie's this weekend.

Kithaba
07-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Try living in Australia. There's never been anything here. Ever.

(Online shops, I love you).

tagmac
07-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Found the entire Wave 3 at TRU last month, including McChewie, by taking advantage of the one shot I had to go to TRU when they opened. Since then I found all but him at TRU once more, and the usual pegwarmers from Waves 1 & 2 at Target. Yesterday I saw a bunch at KB, mostly Wave 2 (minus McBoba, of course :rolleyes:), and the recently pegwarming Galactic Marine and Airborne Trooper.

Val Da Car
07-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Found Wave 3 on Friday at WM near me..

Old Fossil
07-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Found Wave 3 and the VTAC figures the first week of June. Nothing new since then, though.

figrin bran
07-23-2007, 12:03 PM
So this doesn't include duplicate/army builder figures? I got most of my wave 3 figures back on 6/9. Finally got my first McChewie on 6/16.

mtriv73
07-23-2007, 12:48 PM
It's been over a month since I found anything new that I didn't already have. I've picked up several Stormtroopers (VTAC and wave 3,) but haven't seen anything new since mid june. I still haven't seen a McCHewie on the pegs (though I already have 2 so I haven't been killing myself to get to the stores recently to look.)

Jawas, any McQuarrie figure, and Stormtroopers are still hard to find in my part of Maryland though. As popular as even the McChewie is, McVader is going to be an abolute nightmare.

darko666
07-23-2007, 01:11 PM
found the Jawa figure about a week ago. McChewie is still on the loose, but I'll eventually get him and be all caught up.

tagmac
07-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Jawas, any McQuarrie figure, and Stormtroopers are still hard to find in my part of Maryland though. As popular as even the McChewie is, McVader is going to be an abolute nightmare.

Maybe not. Unlike the first three figures, McVader appears in two different cases, in both Waves 4 and 5. And after McLeia (1 per case), it appears future McQuarrie figs will finally be 2 per case.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Technically, the last, new TAC figure I found was the jawa, found by my mom when she was in New York City with my sisters. I honestly don't remember that, and I STILL haven't seen any of the McQuarrie figures in the stores (though I have Boba). They're now stocking the Legends figures, though I'm done with the first set.

pbarnard
07-23-2007, 07:48 PM
I've seen the Jawa and Stormtroopers with Biggs Pilot warming.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Last new figure I got was Concept Chewie on 6/24. Go a duplicate of him on 7/1, a 3rd VTAC Snowtrooper on 7/13, and a 2nd Stormtrooper on 7/14. I still haven't found Concept Boba Fett. The past couple weeks I think I have missed a chance to get him because I have seen most of wave 2 except him.

I did find one new thing on 7/21, and that was the Trade Federation Armored Assault Tank.

AmanaMatt
07-24-2007, 10:08 AM
I am 'caught up' for the last TAC wave, which included Concept Chewie.

bigbarada
07-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Well, last night my Wal-Mart got a fresh new shipment..... of Saga2 figures.:mad: What the heck? I thought these were done shipping?:confused:

Ji'dai
07-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Bought my last "new" TAC figure, McChewie, on June 16. Since then I've only seen TAC Legends and the non-McQuarrie figs from waves 1-3.

Tycho
07-24-2007, 12:35 PM
I got everything I wanted from Wave 3. I'm not even going to the stores again until I hear of Wave 4 hitting. There's nothing else I want.

Kill Solo
07-29-2007, 11:04 AM
I found the new comic packs this morning.

Tycho
07-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I found the new comic packs this morning.

The A'sharad Hett wave? Which store?

DarkArtist
07-29-2007, 11:37 AM
I think it was back in the beginning of July, I found a McQ Boba and McQ Stormie at Walmart. since then the only new figure would be the variant Ceremony Luke with the corrected lightsaber.

Kill Solo
07-29-2007, 12:04 PM
The A'sharad Hett wave? Which store?

Yes, A'sharad Hett, Mara Jade, Jedi Leia, @ Walmart.

DarkArtist
07-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Yes, A'sharad Hett, Mara Jade, Jedi Leia, @ Walmart.

nice find, but I thought these weren't coming until September. where abouts are you east coast or west coast ?

Mad Slanted Powers
07-29-2007, 02:54 PM
I decided to check after work on Thursday and I finally found a concept Boba Fett at Fred Meyer. I had just missed one at the Fred Meyer on my side of town, as I saw the rest of the case there last weekend. I had also just missed it at Wal-Mart the week before as I saw someone else holding one.

jedi master sal
07-29-2007, 04:07 PM
I bought a Jawa a week ago. Thugh it appears that wave one is done in my area and wave two is nowhere to be found anymore. Wave three is barely there, except for the refresh Galactic Marine holdover from the previous wave. There is hardly any TAC on the shelves at all and even Legends isn't pegging too bad.

But many of my stores STILL have SAGA 2 stuff. So that's the real problem here. That crap need to clearance out.

Otherwise it's going to be slim pickings in my are for both TAC and Legends. Though Legends seems to come in to stores at least.

Still, I gotta say I'm thankful for the break. I needed this time to get those confounded GG Clone commander busts. So at least for me the timing was right. However I know that's NOT the case with 99% of the rest of you good folk.

bigbarada
07-29-2007, 04:58 PM
But many of my stores STILL have SAGA 2 stuff. So that's the real problem here. That crap need to clearance out.

My Wal-Mart is actually still getting new shipments of Saga2 stuff.:upset: They opened up a couple more cases of the last Saga2 assortment last week and now the store's pegs are clogged, once again, with Endor Troopers, Hoth R2s, Endor Threepios, Endor Lukes, etc.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-29-2007, 05:05 PM
The Wal-Mart here seems to be finally getting a fair amount of TAC, but there are still a few pegs with the TSC. There is not much TSC left at Target or Fred Meyer, but they have fewer pegs to begin with. If Target had more room, then maybe they would put more out and have a better selection. I've hardly seen the Legends here. Just a lone AOTC clone at Target I think. I saw some more when I was in Springfield, MO last month, but not here.

jjreason
07-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Retail = wave 2. I did, luckily, find a few wave 3 figures at a toy show near my place and picked up a few extra Jawas. There were no Stormtroopers though, and looking back I likely should have grabbed a US carded McChewie. Life goes on.

DarthQuack
07-29-2007, 06:23 PM
I have been the same....found waves 1 and 3 very easily then kind of drifted off a little bit.....although I did stumble upon a McFett the other day so that repeaked my interest from falling asleep the last few weeks.

General_Grievous
07-30-2007, 09:21 PM
The last ones I got were Wave 3 and the Vintage wave, which was near the end of May. I hope Wave 4 hits soon.

jjreason
07-30-2007, 09:27 PM
I can't believe it's August in two days, and you guys are only on wave 3!

I can, however, believe we're on wave 2. :(

DarkArtist
08-01-2007, 06:36 PM
just picked up the Vader vs Leia Comic Pack at Wally World along with another Luke and R2 Comic Pack and 2 TAC Stormies. switched out the head of the TAC Stormie and the Comic Luke, and clean Luke.

I have to say I love the Vader figure from the new Comic Pack. looks amazing and really love the comic armor. and the pose is great. I have him leading the 501st into battle.

pbarnard
08-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I've seen waves 2 and 3 usually in stores. And even gotten there at the right time because I did grab the McQ Fett.

jedi master sal
08-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Whoo-hoo, picked up McChewie last night. Surprisingly he was right out in front! I couldn't believe my luck.

Old Fossil
08-03-2007, 02:08 PM
I picked up Vader (the one with the Kenobi cloak stand) at TRU last week. They had a few Biggs (Academy) and some holdovers from Wave 1. TAC (along with Legends) has nearly dried up everywhere else in my area.

darko666
08-03-2007, 03:47 PM
actually came across a McChewie(first McFigure i've found in stores) and also picked up a Legends Darth Maul(another figure that is hard to find in stores). Granted i already ordered them from HTS, i still bought them, just for the mere fact of actually seeing them on the racks.

Kidhuman
08-03-2007, 03:59 PM
I picked up a Jawa and another Stormie today.

AmanaMatt
08-04-2007, 07:32 PM
I am in Texas, which for those of you not familiar with, is Walmart-ville. I have a Walmart within 6 miles of each other, literally. I know of 5 stores local to me just off the top of my head.

At the store closest to me, I have not see anything in the way of TAC except for the Vader/coin folder. That store has only Saga, Saga, and more Saga.

Luckily the Target near work stocks really well on Tac. I saw the McChewie wave yet again this week.....