PDA

View Full Version : Must see artist

JimJamBonds
07-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Tomorrow night I have the oppertunity to cross off John Fogerty from my "must see" list and next Monday I'll be crossing off Weird Al. After those two fellows there really isn't anybody else that I feel I 'must see' although it would be cool to see AC/DC or Paul McCartney I don't have that huge of an urge to see them. Next month I'm planning on seeing Alice Cooper, while he is not a 'must see' I've wanted to see him for some time now.

What about the rest of you, are there bands that you feel you want to see while they are still around? These are bands that you have not yet seen. For example I've seen Metallica 6 times and I'll go see them again for sure next time they come around.

2-1B
07-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Al Cooper is more of a must see than Al Yankovic. Are you kidding me ???

Rocketboy
07-24-2007, 01:12 AM
Norah Jones is on the top of my list right now.

JimJamBonds
07-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Al Cooper is more of a must see than Al Yankovic. Are you kidding me ???

My own council I will keep.

Kidhuman
07-24-2007, 08:26 AM
I saw Fogerty and he is must see. I saw him 9 years ago and he ws awesome. Played for 3 staright hours. You shall enjoy it

arctangent
07-25-2007, 11:09 AM
there are not many groups that i want to see but haven't (other than those no longer together obviously - what i wouldn't have given to see thin lizzy or AC/DC with bon). the only two that spring to mind at the moment are my dying bride and radiohead.

bobafrett
07-25-2007, 11:19 AM
I saw Little Big Town last weekend at the Country Music Festival. Wasn't much of a country music fan before I met my woman. I think the thing that draws me to LBT is there vocal harmonization. They sounded great in concert, and I picked up an autographed copy of their first CD.

I'd like to see Rush another time or two, they will be here in September.

Off my to see list (already seen)
The Eagles
Fleetwood Mac
Cheap Trick
INXS (with the original lead singer before he ended his life)
ZZ TOP
Pearl Jam
CSNY
Neil Young and Crazy Horse
Barry Manilow (yeah I said it, and I saw him, so there)

figrin bran
07-25-2007, 12:02 PM
there are not many groups that i want to see but haven't (other than those no longer together obviously - what i wouldn't have given to see thin lizzy or AC/DC with bon). the only two that spring to mind at the moment are my dying bride and radiohead.

I've seen the latter six times :D

Kidhuman
07-25-2007, 02:40 PM
The only person I have left to see is Billy Joel on my must see list. I have seen:

Pearl Jam(twice)
STP
Beastie Boys
Radiohead
U2
LIVE(3 times)
Smashing Pumpkins.
NIN(twice)
Fogerty
ZZ Topp/Skynard(same show)

JimJamBonds
07-25-2007, 11:41 PM
I saw Fogerty and he is must see. I saw him 9 years ago and he ws awesome. Played for 3 staright hours. You shall enjoy it

He played for about 2 hours and it kicked maximum booty!

TeeEye7
07-26-2007, 04:32 AM
I saw Alice's Welcome to My Nightmare Tour back in the old college days (1970-something). Awesome! Very much a showman, and the stage production (yep, it was like a play) was w-a-y ahead of its time. He doesn't take himself seriously, and that was fun, too.

Fogerty came through my town about two years ago, and a buddy of mine here at work went and said it was great. Sets, band, the whole 9 yards.

I think you've got two good prospects on you list, JJB. :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
07-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Weezer is still A1 on my must see list and I would love to see Nerf Herder again. To date:

Bloodhound Gang (x2)
Barenaked Ladies
Velvet Revolver
Stone Temple Pilots
Nerf Herder (Opened for BHG)
Vanessa Carlton
Ted Nugent
The Hippos (Opened for BHG)
Smashing Pumpkins
John Denver (My first concert ever!)
Garbage (Opened for Smashing Pumpkins)
Cheap Trick (Opened for STP)
Godsmack
Staind (Opened for Godsmack)

TeeEye7
07-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Ted Nugent

Ah, Uncle Teddy (*puts hand over heart*) :cool:

CaptainSolo1138
07-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Ah, Uncle Teddy (*puts hand over heart*) :cool:
I think it's a state law here in MI that everyone must see him at least once in their lifetime.

Rocketboy
07-26-2007, 05:52 PM
I've seen:
Stone Temple Pilots (X2)
Velvet Revolver
Bloodhound Gang (X2)
Michelle Branch
Jason Mraz (Opened for Michelle Branch)
Pearl Jam
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Matchbox 20 (X2)
Train
Everclear
Lifehouse (X2)
Nerf Herder
Cheap Trick
Seven Mary Three
And a few more I can't remember right now...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Roger Waters is the only "true" concert I've been to, and is really the only one on my "must" list. If David Gilmour comes around here (not likely) then he is too, and if they reunite, but I doubt that'll happen. Queen would be awesome to see but I'm not completely sold on Paul Rodgers.

TeeEye7
07-27-2007, 02:49 AM
I think it's a state law here in MI that everyone must see him at least once in their lifetime.

I need to make a pilgrimage to the Holy Land (aka Michigan) to see Uncle Teddy in his element. I have several friends who have moved to MI and say they will NEVER live in California again (kiss my Glo...). I'm beginning to have thoughts like that, myself, since my career is on the downward slope (22 years and counting....:tired:)

I like that state law, Cappy! :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
07-27-2007, 07:40 AM
I need to make a pilgrimage to the Holy Land (aka Michigan) to see Uncle Teddy in his element. I have several friends who have moved to MI and say they will NEVER live in California again (kiss my Glo...). I'm beginning to have thoughts like that, myself, since my career is on the downward slope (22 years and counting....:tired:)

I like that state law, Cappy! :thumbsup:
I would only recommend making a move here if you have no use for employment. Ranking last in economic growth in the nation doesn't provide for too many job choices if/when you get here. I love it here, but I have no misleadings. I'll be gone as soon as I graduate.

TeeEye7
07-27-2007, 07:55 AM
I could check it out for retirement purposes....and become a Senior Citizen Lanny when I retire ;).