PDA

View Full Version : Drew Carey to host The Price Is Right!?!?

JimJamBonds
07-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Interesting.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=269773&GT1=7703

2-1B
07-24-2007, 12:22 AM
I've never been a fan of DC. And since I don't watch The Price is Right either, I can live with this news.

Rocketboy
07-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Its crazy enough to work. Drew is a pretty likable guy.

Personally I thought Tom Bergeron of America's Funniest Home Videos would have been perfect.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-24-2007, 01:22 AM
Let's just be happy that they didn't go with their first choice: Rosie O'Donnell. THANK GOD.

TeeEye7
07-24-2007, 01:53 AM
Let's just be happy that they didn't go with their first choice: Rosie O'Donnell. THANK GOD.

Amen, JMG! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
07-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Think about Family Feud. After Richard Dawson left, it was Ray Combs, I believe. Not bad, a little different in style, but he was no Dawson. Then there was a run of various hosts (Dawson again, Louie Anderson, Jon O'Hurley); I hope that doesn't happen with TPIR. I think Drew will be okay, and yes, better than Ms. O'Donnell. I'm not around to watch it, but in summer I sometimes get bored and flip channels.

JediTricks
07-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Drew Carey is funny, but doesn't seem like the right fit for this role. He's not "safe" enough.

Kidhuman
07-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Chuck Norris should have gotten the nod, afterall, he trained Bob

TeeEye7
07-26-2007, 03:54 AM
What do you think they'll call the models? "Barker's Beauties" will have to go.

Drew's________.

Carey's_______.

(Remember, this is a family website!)

CaptainSolo1138
07-26-2007, 08:17 AM
What do you think they'll call the models?The Cleveland Steamers?

As was mentioned, the end result could've been mush worse (i.e. Rosie). I've never been a big Drew Carey fan, but I don't dislike the guy. I'm willing to give him a shot, though, even though he will always be Bob's replacement and never the true "host" of the show.:)

Bel-Cam Jos
07-26-2007, 11:57 AM

Drew's________.

Carey's_______.

(Remember, this is a family website!)Drew's Beaus? (bee-yous)
Drew's Crew?
Drew's Yahoos?
Drew's Whoo-Hoos?

Carey's Marys?
Carey's Verys?

Cleveland Rockers? (oops, the WNBA already got that one)
Ohio Players? (already taken?)
Buckeye Beauties? (state motto represented, perhaps)
Rivers of Flame? (got to know the history of the Cuyahoga River for that one)

Will they all have to wear dark-rimmed glasses and have crew cuts? :eek:

Lord Malakite
07-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Think about Family Feud. After Richard Dawson left, it was Ray Combs, I believe. Not bad, a little different in style, but he was no Dawson. Then there was a run of various hosts (Dawson again, Louie Anderson, Jon O'Hurley).
Don't forget Richard Carne.

Honestly, as much as I like Drew I don't think there is anyone that can fill Barker's iconic shoes as host. Without Barker I'd imagine the show may last one, maybe two more seasons tops before it is cancelled.

DarthQuack
07-28-2007, 10:34 AM
I like Drew Carey a lot, enjoyed his TV show and Whose Line....but trying to replace Bob Barker was like trying to replace Rod Roddy.....just isn't the same....

JediTricks
08-02-2007, 06:36 PM

Drew's________.

Carey's_______.

(Remember, this is a family website!)
Drew's Dames

Carey's Cuties

Cancelled.

I just realized, this is a daily show, Carey is used to a weekly format. He's going to burn out so fast.

2-1B
08-02-2007, 08:28 PM
My money is on JT's prediction...Cancelled. lol lol lol

El Chuxter
11-02-2007, 02:34 AM
I saw a few minutes of this, and, ugh, man, I couldn't watch more. I'm thinking this is going to sink what's left of Drew's career. Maybe they should've gotten Wanda Sykes to host instead. That would've been funny. "What the hell you got that crap written on your shirt for? You walk down the street with that this morning? You look like a damn idiot!"

Lord Malakite
11-02-2007, 07:57 AM
I saw a few minutes of this, and, ugh, man, I couldn't watch more.
Well, at least he is getting slightly better and more enthusiastic as time goes. You should of seen his first episode. I've never seen a game show host wiggle and rush through games (especially the Price is Right) as fast and as unenthusiastic (as if bored or waiting for a doctor's visit) as Drew did that day.

JediTricks
11-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah, it's unwatchable. And Carey giggles all the time, like he's incredulous to the fact that they're paying him for this silliness.

JimJamBonds
11-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I saw a few minutes of this, and, ugh, man, I couldn't watch more. I'm thinking this is going to sink what's left of Drew's career.

That or his pot crusade.

Lord Malakite
11-06-2007, 02:00 AM
That or his pot crusade.

The Pot Crusades. That sounds like the kind of war I'd see mabudon actively participating in. :D

UKWildcat
03-11-2008, 11:23 AM
I've watched a few episodes of TPIR lately, my first viewings since Bob Barker left - all I have to say is that Drew Carey is terrible!

Banthaholic
03-25-2008, 12:05 AM
He sure ain't Bob, though I do enjoy how he mocks people who do the outbid your neighbor by $1 strategy. That always got to me. At the least give them $10 if not $24.

Then the guy that does $1 bid, why... I think bidding $50 would be just as safe...

Bel-Cam Jos
04-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Now he's hosting another improv show. It's on the Game Show Network, and has many of the regulars from Whose Line is it Anyway?, at least in the series premiere (which was in Vegas at the MGM). Some very funny parts. Same improv bits you all know and love.

I'll likely give it a few watches.

JimJamBonds
04-14-2011, 11:05 PM
I saw it and wasn't really impressed. It looked like a revamped WLIIA. Also of "note" Chazz Scheen was in the second episode.