PDA

View Full Version : ARC-170 Battle Pack

Kidhuman
07-26-2007, 02:56 AM
Not a bad looking set, the droid is kind of kooky looking with the colors.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24298&cat=5361

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24296&cat=5361

jedi master sal
07-26-2007, 09:25 AM
I actually LIKE the droid. Better than the repaint of the pilots. The clones are cool. It just bothers me why they didn't have THREE pilots instead of two. Then instead of the clone troopers, either have a commander or a Fire pilot fig repainted to be a maintenance tech.

I wouldn't mind getting a few of these sets, but not at full price. I'll get one at that price jhust to make sure I get it, but if this doesn't fly off the shlef, then I'll wait for them to clearance.

If I do, I won't want the extra pilots (well I'll need 1 to fill the ARC), but the rest of the pilots and the droids will be up for trade/sale. I'll just want the clone troopers.

-Sal

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2007, 01:33 PM
They showed this at CIV, it's not really new . . . at any rate, it looks nice and will go well with the ship.

Jargo
07-26-2007, 03:16 PM
I like the droid. and that is all.

Phantom-like Menace
07-26-2007, 04:37 PM
This is where someone can accuse me of buying whatever Hasbro gives me. I don't really like the pilots, nor do I especially like the astromech. Ignoring the fact that I need to get at least one set to fulfill my desire to have all of the astromechs, I'm going to have to get at least seven pilots to fill up my gunships and the ARC I'll hopefully get. Yep, Hasbro says they go with those vehicles, and I'm suckered.

jedi master sal
07-26-2007, 05:13 PM
SUCKER!

(Me too..)

DarkArtist
07-28-2007, 12:23 PM
might have to get 2 of this battlepack as well as the ARC 170 since I missed the first ARC from ROTS and this would look great alongside the Clone Wars deco Gunship. if it's a decent price may even have to get 2 ARC's as well.

jjreason
07-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Man, I really don't like those pilots or the R2 unit - they look like they came straight from the 80's Marvel Comics.

pegger
07-28-2007, 08:18 PM
I like the droid. But I'm a sucker for droids....and clones...

kool-aid killer
07-29-2007, 12:48 PM
I'll pick it up. But i dont see any need to pick up their ride.

More and more, i get tired of buying clones. Not that i dont like them, its just that when i think about the diaromas im going to assemble, my Separatist forces are going to be outnumbered 5-1, at least. Hasbro needs to do a better job of putting out quality baddies. Battle Droids are worthless if they arent going to stand up.

jedi master sal
07-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I like the droid. and that is all.

Hey Mr.DP, I'll be getting a second set and won't need the droid and one of the Pilots from the second set. You wanna deal? Take them both for $8+shipping. LMK (PM please)

-Sal

jedi master sal
07-29-2007, 04:26 PM
I'll pick it up. But i dont see any need to pick up their ride.

More and more, i get tired of buying clones. Not that i dont like them, its just that when i think about the diaromas im going to assemble, my Separatist forces are going to be outnumbered 5-1, at least. Hasbro needs to do a better job of putting out quality baddies. Battle Droids are worthless if they arent going to stand up.

Dude you are so spot on with that comment. I'm appalled by the 2-pack of droids coming out and have only bought one of the commander/grunt sets. I may break down and buy more of the maroon sets.

However I'm in complete agreement that these droids need to be better quality. I am a big proponent for the EP1 sculpt. Yes I know the legs are thick on it. However the plastic as good, they stood up just fine and have excellent articulation.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Indeed, I have my Saga camouflage droids on stands and they still fall over. Actually, I think the one on the stand it came with stays up, but the one I put on one of the oval stands from the Pride Display diorama keeps falling over. The pegholes aren't very deep. The plastic is like rubber. They make the Saga battled droids look great by comparison. I'd much rather have the Episode I version or the POTJ Security droid.