PDA

View Full Version : Verizon / Blackberry Customers Sound Off!!

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-26-2007, 08:48 AM
So, my 2 years is up and I want a new phone. Since I have completed 2 years, I will recieve $100 off the new customer price, making most free or very cheap.

Leaving Verizon is not an option, its the best in service and coverage up here in the northland.In the last 2 years I have not had a problem with service, my bill, or my phone; while with T-Mobile my phone broke down about once a month and they would not offer unlimited texting, until I said I wanted to leave.

I need something that I will be able to check email and be online. I dont care about TV or music downloads or any of that stuff. A camera would be nice but not neccessary.

I have narrowed it down to 3

Blackberry 8830
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3015

Reviews on this are fair. It looks like it came out a few months ago. Peoples problems include: buttons way to close together, need to often reset (I think this is mostly while traveling in other countries), low ring tone, and some call it a complete failure. This supports multimedia while the other one I was looking at does not. People either love it or hate it. It does have the new scroll ball instead of the wheel on the side which is pretty nice. I played around with it and was unable to find the internet on my own. Customers also say it does not come with an actual manual, rather a cd with troubleshooting, and customer support in less than knowledgeable.

No camera.

This one would cost me only 100 all said and done
Cost / month - ~80.00

Blackberry 8703e
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=2546

This one got very high reviews. People seem to love this one. Im not sure how old it is, it does have the click wheel on the side and does not support multimedia. I was able to find what I was looking for on my own, although it seemed like there was less features to look through. The buttons are easier to use and are not all packed in there. Its a little bigger than the 8830, but that doesnt bother me.

This one is at the top of my list so far.

No camera

Cost to me - 50.00
Cost / month - ~80

LG enV
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=2694

I havent looked at this one so much, but a little. It does support the internet at only 15.00, but is extremely slow as it runs off the regular Verizon goods, the same as calls. It supports a tom of extra multimedia, none of which I really care about, but it was a nice large keypad. I dont know about this one but most people say its great. Im not sure if this is what I need, but it might be.

Camera with the ability to insert an SD card looks nice.

Cost to me - Nothin'
Cost / month - ~60

Well, I will greatly appreciate anyone who can give me some help.my current LG flip phone has been good to me but with my job going the way it is, that online / email feature will be a great help, especially when I am not always in one of the stores.

Thanks folks
Nate

BountyHunterScum
07-26-2007, 05:23 PM
I have the Env, I love my phone. I never really used the internet on it except a few times. I really don't see the point in having internet on the cell phone when I have it at home.

General_Grievous
07-30-2007, 08:14 PM
I've been the owner of an LG VX8600 for about two months now, and I love it. It's the best phone I have ever had. Great service, nice and compact, plus VCAST really helps if I'm in one place for a while with nothing to do.