PDA

View Full Version : SSG SDCC coverage reactions

jedibear
07-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Once again team SirSteve is the place to be for the best coverage.

The photos are EXCELLENT...from Hasbro's latest offerings in multiple angles to the great Sideshow coverage highlighting every detail from the great sculpts to the fine tailoring...and all the other vendors too!

The photos here are ALWAYS the best! Thank you SirSteve...can't be there this time but your coverage is the next best thing!

JEDIpartner
07-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah... definitely!! Thanks for the pics!!

I do have to say that I am really unimpressed with the new Jango. His sleeves are rolled up and he has no armour for his forearms. To have the leg armour and helmet as well as the jetpack mean nothing unless the outfit is complete. Do they have inter changeable forearms? If so, then I'll reconsider!

Also unimpressive is the Droideka's 1/2 shield. It's so opaque that you can't really see the figure inside of it. Not so cool!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2007, 12:32 PM
I like the AOTC wave even more now that we can see some of them without their stupid snap-on armor. The Destroyer Droid looks nice, though I'm not sold on the shield. The new Comic Packs look pretty cool (Luke and a lady as Imperial officers, two dudes as Stormtroopers, and a Commando with an SBD), as do the Battlepacks and vehicles. Have they shown the rest of the Mystery Set yet?

Kidhuman
07-26-2007, 05:22 PM
As always Steve did a wonderful job with his crack on the spot team. Thanks again fellas.

pegger
07-26-2007, 05:38 PM
I do have to say that I am really unimpressed with the new Jango. His sleeves are rolled up and he has no armour for his forearms. To have the leg armour and helmet as well as the jetpack mean nothing unless the outfit is complete. Do they have inter changeable forearms? If so, then I'll reconsider!

If you notice on the sleeve, there are 2 little holes...I wonder if that's to "plug" the forearm armor in....

JEDIpartner
07-27-2007, 09:15 AM
I saw that but wasn't counting on it. I mean, they nixed the guns from the Holo Leia a couple years ago, so if it's not part of the display piece, which it's not (they only show the leg armour and the jet pack), I'm not counting on it to be there!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Why do you want more snap-on armor? Even if it's complete it looks like junk. Also, as far as his sleeves, when he comes out he was rolling them up a little bit, so that's technically correct.

Jargo
07-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Is there a pic of this Jango figure without his poncho on anywhere?

Battle Droid
07-27-2007, 03:00 PM
:eek:

'08 Wave 1

- Po Nudo, 2-1B, Octuparra Droid, brand new Kashyyyk Trooper, Commander Gree (NEW!) more figs in wave.

pegger
07-27-2007, 03:49 PM
What's this fan choice wave for '08 about? More repacks, or all new figs? (I'm guessing repacks myself...)

Beast
07-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Very happy with the Indiana Jones figures.

I was just going to get the Adventure Heroes, but the figure line looks aces! :D

mtriv73
07-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Very happy with the Indiana Jones figures.

I was just going to get the Adventure Heroes, but the figure line looks aces! :D

Ugh! They don't even have knee articulation! I'm not asking for a SA Indy or anything, but at least give him bending knees for petes sake.

Beast
07-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Ugh! They don't even have knee articulation! I'm not asking for a SA Indy or anything, but at least give him bending knees for petes sake.
Most of the figures are wearing robes. So naturally they wouldn't have it.

I'm sure we'll get more than one Indy. So the next one will probably have knees.

TheRealDubya
07-27-2007, 08:45 PM
And keep in mind these are early prototypes. I was hoping for more softgoods myself. The Indy they showed in the Q&A had knee joints.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24905&cat=5416

Kidhuman
07-27-2007, 08:49 PM
What's this fan choice wave for '08 about? More repacks, or all new figs? (I'm guessing repacks myself...)

It is a vote like RS did last year, but this time all the boards are in on it and then a final vote on Hasbro.com. It will be 5 figures, so hopefully Yarna can get in on this. Noting mentioned about all new or all repacks

08 Fans Choice news: Another fan choice vote over the next month, will be different, will be a final wave of 5 figs for Spring of '08. All SW Fan Sites in Q&A list will be able to participate. Sites will generate lists from within their own communities, get those lists together and do a vote from them on Hasbro.com/StarWars. Last 2 weeks of August, nothing is out, even Ephant Mon. Kicks off Aug 3rd.

figrin bran
07-28-2007, 02:31 AM
I got to meet up with Tycho, Jeditricks, Deoxy and Sirsteve today for lunch at SDCC. Even then Steve was working on some stuff. I don't think we thank him enough for all of his hard work for each and every event like SDCC or Toyfair.

JediTricks
07-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey gang, glad to hear some nice words about the work. My apologies to any of my JT fans who are looking for more news from me during the show, it's just been so busy that I'm storing it all up. I haven't had a chance to take ONE photograph yet, there's just so much to take notes on, and I'm helping Steve when he takes photos when I can, trying to catch some panels, and generally have fun. I doubt I'll do another CIV-style epic adventure story just because there's so much more to see than I was able to.

It's been really cool meeting up with some of my forums buddies after all these millennia online. :D I wonder who among you will be the first to admit surprise at all the swearing. ;) Lunch was so cool yesterday, I only wish more of you guys could have been there with us.

Hope the insane ramblings when I posted the live Q&A text wasn't too difficult, they ended up jamming through so much that there's a few things that I couldn't get onto the page - though I think Steve got shots of all the slides up. They literally crammed the last 15 minutes of slides into 3 minutes.

Thanks for the comments about the coverage, they've also helped me add a few questions onto our list, I'll add them later. I'll try to bring them directly to Hasbro's face when I can, so if you can think of anything big and pressing, post here and I'll try to get it by the end of the show.

Anyway, we're not done yet, so keep checking back.

Is there a pic of this Jango figure without his poncho on anywhere?There will be at some point, possibly today, if it's not up already.

figrin bran
07-28-2007, 04:22 PM
It's been really cool meeting up with some of my forums buddies after all these millennia online. :D I wonder who among you will be the first to admit surprise at all the swearing. ;) Lunch was so cool yesterday, I only wish more of you guys could have been there with us.

well, next time you ban Caesar or anyone else for profanity, we're calling you out! :p

Everyone else on the board, just imagine - I met JediTricks and Tycho and Deoxy and SirSteve and I live to tell about it! lol

Kidhuman
07-28-2007, 04:29 PM
But did you get pics of it to post?

figrin bran
07-28-2007, 06:10 PM
But did you get pics of it to post?

Alas no, the batteries in my camera died for some reason right before i met up with them. :p

(and that's the truth!)

Beast
07-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Alas no, the batteries in my camera died for some reason right before i met up with them. :p

(and that's the truth!)
I knew JT had some mystical power of avoiding getting photographed. ;)

AmanaMatt
07-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the cool pics, guys.

This year is kinda mixed as far as Hasbro goes for me. Since I am not an EU fan, I will be passing on most of what was showing.

I am super happy to get a Kashayakk (SP?) trooper and a corrected Gree, though. And the Fett: Jango & Boba Evolutions set looked awesome

Kidhuman
07-28-2007, 09:37 PM

You're one to talk Beast. :p

Beast
07-28-2007, 10:02 PM
You're one to talk Beast. :p
Nah. I just choose not to allow my image to be seen. :D

JediTricks
07-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Actually! I think there's a picture of Figgy, myself, Deoxy, Tycho, and a few other good folks in our party were coerced by some company's roaming photog to take a miserable-looking group photo and we could pick it up later, but we did not.

mtriv73
07-29-2007, 10:00 PM
The coverage was great. I especially liked the live coverage. I have one question though. You guys mentioned that they cancelled 2 of the planned battlepacks (Stap attack-which I want, and Hoth which I already have all the parts for.) Are these gone for good, merely postponed, or did I imagine the whole thing in the first place?

figrin bran
07-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Yes! New versions of The Deuce, Gree and Kashykk Troopers are coming along with Po Nudo and an Octupara droid!

2-1B
07-29-2007, 11:59 PM
well, next time you ban Caesar or anyone else for profanity, we're calling you out! :p

Yeah, WTF ? lol lol lol

All claims by any of you who "met" JT will be roundly rejected until someone actually makes with the photographic evidence of such an encounter. Until that day, you're all a bunch of liars. Except Steve, of course. :p

Tycho is running around the web talking about how he took JT to see Transformers on one of his multiple viewings...come on people, April 1st was almost 4 months ago, enough with the tall tales already. :crazed:

figrin bran
07-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Tycho is running around the web talking about how he took JT to see Transformers on one of his multiple viewings...come on people, April 1st was almost 4 months ago, enough with the tall tales already. :crazed:

Seeing as how JT didn't deny seeing Transformers again and that his opinions on the film are well documented, there's no way he would've gone unless he was dragged there. :p

kool-aid killer
07-30-2007, 04:32 PM
I think the staff of SSG did a great job of covering the SDCC news. Ive been able to see great pictures of upcoming Star Wars figures on SSG and its sister site (Actionfigs.com) i was able to see the pictures of the upcoming Transfomers animated dinobots and classics Sunstreaker and Swideswipe. Good stuff.

General_Grievous
07-30-2007, 05:11 PM
I like the AOTC wave even more now that we can see some of them without their stupid snap-on armor.

Same here. The SSG photos really did the wave justice, along with the other new figures. Great job once again, guys! :thumbsup:

Gothiczartan
08-01-2007, 04:58 AM
I was there at the hasbro booth for star wars figures.

I meet this darryl depriest in charge of hasbro marketing. he was nice enough for me to show him one of my ideas of a luke skywalker snowspeeder pilot figure to be made, he says like he is not in charge of the making figures, they day like I have to go to portifio review to show them my concept of a luke snowspeeder pilot figure to be made.

I like the han solo with torture set, lando looking cool.

I heard there will be a new jango fett figure in full armor and I hope he will have two jetpacks.

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 06:36 PM
First off, due to crazy Comic Con scheduling, the Hasbro Q&A didn't happen at all, so you can stop wondering about that. That bummed me out because that was my chief focus in going to the show, but there are only so many hours in a day and the con was so insane. There are so many little notes and everything's such a mess in my folders that I'm not sure what I've covered and what I haven't, very overwhelming.

The coverage was great. I especially liked the live coverage. I have one question though. You guys mentioned that they cancelled 2 of the planned battlepacks (Stap attack-which I want, and Hoth which I already have all the parts for.) Are these gone for good, merely postponed, or did I imagine the whole thing in the first place?They said they were looking at these for exclusives next year, but no solid plans yet.

Yes! New versions of The Deuce, Gree and Kashykk Troopers are coming along with Po Nudo and an Octupara droid!Gree and Kashyyyk troopers threw me because they were so adamant about NOT doing them when they issued the first versions, very surprising. Still, they looked sharp at the presentation photos.

Yeah, WTF ? lol lol lol

All claims by any of you who "met" JT will be roundly rejected until someone actually makes with the photographic evidence of such an encounter. Until that day, you're all a bunch of liars. Except Steve, of course. :p

Tycho is running around the web talking about how he took JT to see Transformers on one of his multiple viewings...come on people, April 1st was almost 4 months ago, enough with the tall tales already. :crazed:No, it's all true! Heck, I met some of the gang at Hasbro's nutty panel, and had lunch with others outside the con, and phone numbers were even exchanged! You missed out Caes, that was your big chance!

And friggin' Tycho dragging me to Transformers the day before the con was surreal, he wanted to take his other guest but I was going to head back to his pad to work on some stuff, then the timing broke down and I realized if I made Tycho drag me back they'd miss the movie for another hour, so I agreed. Still boring, but I got to annoy Tycho with more of my "why did they do that? What's the point of that scene?" stuff during the film. :p

I think the staff of SSG did a great job of covering the SDCC news. Ive been able to see great pictures of upcoming Star Wars figures on SSG and its sister site (Actionfigs.com) i was able to see the pictures of the upcoming Transfomers animated dinobots and classics Sunstreaker and Swideswipe. Good stuff.Yeah, the team's cameras were burning up the web during the con! I don't know how well I did, I think I let it get to me, my overconfidence from the success coming off CIV turned into mush when SDCC was so overwhelming. Ultimately, I was able to do live update for Hasbro Star Wars (which is always a challenge for me but this time it was utterly impossible :p) and Transformers (which went very well, but I had to duck out of Q&A with 20 mins to go), then wrote up my notes on Sideshow later. Honestly, I'm not sure what else I actually have material on at this point, lots of little stuff. Luckily, the pics the gang shot tell the tales pretty well. :D

BTW, dunno if you saw my report from Hasbro TF panel, but Sunstreaker/Sideswipe will not have the same chest in production, they found a way to make them look different without changing the molds.