PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro's Transformers: Armada

chewie
02-08-2002, 12:03 AM
Not only am I a Star Wars fan, I also collect a lot of Transformers. Both lines just happen to be made by Hasbro these days.

Due to the smaller nature of the transformers fandom, pics of Hasbro's super-secret new line of toys under the name "Armada" were kept secret almost until nearly the time of this year's Toy Fair.

Well, pictures have finally leaked. You can see them here. (http://www.bwtf.com/armada/)

I know many of you have seen the leaked pictures of SW E2 action figures and have felt some displeasure at the action poses they are in.

Well, the same thing has happened here with these new Transformers. Robots that look clunkier and uglier than the previous years.

It just doesn't make much sense to me.

GNT
02-08-2002, 03:15 AM
They look pretty cheap to me :mad:

Rollo Tomassi
02-08-2002, 08:06 AM
My interest in Transformers wanes slightly, to be replaced by the new hyper-articulate Marvel figures like Spidey Classics and Marvel Legends.

JediTricks
02-09-2002, 01:21 AM
I gotta admit, I'm not thrilled at all...

mista_carrot
02-11-2002, 04:00 AM
Just saw the pics of these...things. Good gawd, talk about a huge step backwards!! I am so appalled by these hunks of junk that I want to do physical harm to the person(s) in charge of their design.

The RID line had waaaay better designs than any of these. Man, those Armada toys are ugly! I would rather collect Beast Machines than those (and I don't much like Beast Machines)! Even Optimus Prime got the ugly stick treatment! What a sad day for this Transformers fan. :cry:

hamsterboy
02-12-2002, 01:10 AM
Heh. Kinda reminds me of the originals. The toys look nothing like what I've seen of the pictures for the cartoon.

SithDroid
02-13-2002, 03:35 PM
The original Toys rocked! I for one refuse to collect any new transformer toys because they all look like Cr*p. And what is up with the new toys anyway. Grimlock is mysically a construction vehicle. Last time I checked he was a dinosaur. Everything IMO got way stupid after the original series ended. Hopefully we will see a return of the CLASSIC line with the new interest in Transformers, (ie. All the episodes coming out on DVD, the new comic book, plus all the oldschool clothing that has been released lately.)

Sliver FBI
02-14-2002, 12:04 AM
I never liked the futuristic vehicles... The toys really suck, but Im still looking forward to the new show and the Dreamwave comics.

Darth Rage
02-25-2002, 09:13 PM
I don't collect transformers but I think these toys look awesome!

Rollo Tomassi
02-26-2002, 08:19 AM
I wish they would hurry up and release Scourge.:mad:

Now I'm hearing late March/April and exclusively at TRU.

This will be my last Transformers purchase until I see some old school figures hit the market.

SithDroid
02-27-2002, 01:02 AM
I agree Rollo. I want some original oldschool transformers as well. That is what I grew up on, and that's what I'll collect.

Rollo Tomassi
02-28-2002, 11:37 AM
There was a fan drive to get Hasbro to rerelease the classic G1 figures on today's market. Hasbro said no dice. I wouldn't want to see the old molds back on the shelves as mush as I wouldn't mind seeing updated versions of all the classic characters. Takara and Hasbro are capable of creating some great Transformers like RID Optimus and the Car Bros. So bust out with a new Yellow VW, a red van, an Ambulance, a black SUV, a yellow 'ghini, an orange semi, a blue indy car, etc.. make the transformations similar to the originals, but improved. I don't like it when they create a whole new character and slap an old school name on it. (The Spychanger pick-up named Ironhide, the silver SUV named Brawn.) That's what I want to see. New and Improved G1 TF's.

SithDroid
02-28-2002, 09:48 PM
I'd settle for the oldschool just the way they are. There was never anything wrong with them. Bring them on Hasbro, oh wait I forgot, you don't listen to what collectors think.