PDA

View Full Version : ComiCon Exclusives

DarkJedi5
07-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Maybe it's wrong of me to post a new thread just for this (I couldn't find an existing thread that was along these lines) but as some one who is going to have to visit ComiCon via Sirsteves, I want to know if anyone has gotten any details on the exclusives (the McQuarie Yoda and Ben, the shadow scout trooper, and the R2-KT droid to name a few) such as when/if/how they will become available to the rest of us?

figrin bran
07-27-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm fairly certain that hasbrotoyshop will be selling the McQuarrie Yoda/Kenobi as well as R2-KT.

R2-KT should also be sold by starwarsshop.com along with the shadow scout.

as for when, it could be anytime during the next few days or weeks so keep checking this site and other collecting sites as well.

DarkArtist
07-28-2007, 11:19 AM
I've been checking both sites and found nothing yet. here's hoping that they become available in large numbers for those of us who couldn't attend SDCC. I have to get the R2-KT figure above all the others. I really want to donate my part for this figure and I have a niece whose name is Caity and loves pink so I think it would be cool to give her a figure with her name and in pink. plus she is a R2-D2 fan so this would be ther icing on the cake.

dindae
07-31-2007, 05:52 PM
The www.starwarsshop.com exclusives are up.

DarkJedi5
07-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Nice catch. I was a little worried cause the hasbrotoyshop one were up for about five minutes before selling out. Hopefully they'll be up again.

DarkJedi5
08-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Rebelscum is reporting that the exclusives were available again on hasbrotoyshop but of course by the time I got there they were unavailable. These "blink and you miss 'em" quantities are killing me. I bet it's a few lucky scalpers buying a ton.

figrin bran
08-01-2007, 12:53 AM
But HTS usually has limits per figures, especially exclusives like these

DarkArtist
08-01-2007, 05:24 PM
placed my order for 2 of the Shadow Scout Trooper and Bike at SWS.com. can't wait to get these guys, they will look great next to my squad of Shadow Stormies.

Blue2th
08-01-2007, 07:11 PM
So far I have been able to purchase every exclusive I wanted from SDCC without going there.
Got the SW McQuarrie figs from Hasbro Toys,
SW Shadow Biker from SW Shop,
1/64 Batmobile from eBay (which cost me less than a membership to RLC, after paying the club fee and the buying one there, plus I'll get it sooner)
The pink droid always seems to sell out quicker. If you hesitate it's gone.
Though it's for a good cause, I don't absolutely have to have it.

kool-aid killer
08-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Rebelscum is reporting that the exclusives were available again on hasbrotoyshop but of course by the time I got there they were unavailable. These "blink and you miss 'em" quantities are killing me. I bet it's a few lucky scalpers buying a ton.

I just ordered R2-KT and McObi and Yoda from HasbroToyShop.com. It says i should be getting them in seven to ten days. Heres hoping they are still there when you check.

DarkJedi5
08-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks Kool-aid. I finally got 'em ordered up and so baring any McLuke fiasco I should be set. Hope everyone else is just as lucky.

kool-aid killer
08-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah, im desperate i dont get any email telling me either one of the figures i ordered wont be coming along.

BanthaPoodoo
08-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Just ordered the R2-KT & The McFigs, seems everything was still a go.

The Shadow Trooper is still over at SWS as well.

Heres hoping everyone gets what they need.... glad I didnt have to go to SD just to get em (even though it would have been fun)

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 07:31 PM
McJedi 2pack traveled really well, I had to buy a giant duffel bag to carry all my swag on the train and when I got home only 1 was dented at all (I opened that one). However, the Shadow Scout box was OBLITERATED in the bag because the under-box cardboard is thin and hollow and just died a painful death - now I'm extra glad I didn't get a second one for trading.

Kidhuman
08-05-2007, 07:45 PM
I got my con exclusives yesterday and they rock. They are awesome.

DarkJedi5
08-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Yeah my Shadow Scout and R2-KT showed up Friday. SW Shop is pretty quick and the items were well worth the wait. Still waiting to see when hasbro shop gets me my McObi and McYoda.

darko666
08-06-2007, 01:14 AM
ha, quick if you live in Cali. slow if you're from NY. it took over 2 weeks just to get the McDroids. in about a month i should get the R2-KT and Shadow Scout.

figrin bran
08-06-2007, 01:16 AM
I got my con exclusives yesterday and they rock. They are awesome.

That's probably because you haven't or will not open them. The McYoda/Obi-Wan set is pretty underwhelming when you open it.
R2-KT is pretty nice though.

Kidhuman
08-06-2007, 07:42 AM
I am not opening my McQ figs. This subline I am leaving closed. I opened Chewie on accident. I had a bunch of figures on my bed opening them and he was mixed into it. I grabbed him and ripped while paying attention to a Yankee game

jedi master sal
08-06-2007, 10:14 AM
I am not opening my McQ figs. This subline I am leaving closed. I opened Chewie on accident. I had a bunch of figures on my bed opening them and he was mixed into it. I grabbed him and ripped while paying attention to a Yankee game

OUCH....

I'm getting two sets of each to have opened and MOC. I think it will be nice to see them all in one shot. I'm thinking about making a special display case for the loose ones.

bobafrett
08-06-2007, 10:15 AM
That's probably because you haven't or will not open them. The McYoda/Obi-Wan set is pretty underwhelming when you open it.
R2-KT is pretty nice though.

Does the R2-KT have the story behind the droid on the back? If not, the link below at Hasbro shop says it.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=275&ID=20334

Young Katie is one of the people I walk for in my "Relay for Life" cancer walks.

figrin bran
08-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Does the R2-KT have the story behind the droid on the back? If not, the link below at Hasbro shop says it.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=275&ID=20334

Young Katie is one of the people I walk for in my "Relay for Life" cancer walks.

Yes, the story is on the cardback as well as on the trading card that's inside the package.

JediTricks
08-06-2007, 04:25 PM
You're missing out, the McQ figures have some great designs out of package, I especially love the Stormtrooper, Fett, R2, and Chewie so far, they're pretty swell action figures as well as homages.

darko666
08-06-2007, 04:53 PM
I am not opening my McQ figs.

same here. the McFigures look great hanging on my McWall. looking forward to getting the rest.

DarkArtist
08-06-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm saving a set of Mc Figures MOC and getting another set to display loose. What to have them look like the concept artwork posters for Star Wars.

Kidhuman
08-07-2007, 06:17 AM
I wasnt going to collect the McFigures line as a whole, but decided to. I cant get an extra McStormie as I havent found one yet, as well as an Extra McFett. The extra one I have I ended up getting it to Slicker since he cant find one. By the time the the UGH ones come out, I will not be able to get doubles of the McCon figs, so I dunno anymore.

waboritas
08-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I guess I have been pretty lucky. I got 2 each of McStormie, McFett and McChewie at retail. This is a great little sub-set and ideally I would like to have one to hang on the wall (as mentioned above) and one to open.

jedi master sal
08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I wasnt going to collect the McFigures line as a whole, but decided to. I cant get an extra McStormie as I havent found one yet, as well as an Extra McFett. The extra one I have I ended up getting it to Slicker since he cant find one. By the time the the UGH ones come out, I will not be able to get doubles of the McCon figs, so I dunno anymore.

KH, I think I have an extra McTrooper for you. Maybe we can work out a trade.

PM me if you're interested.

-Sal

DarkJedi5
08-08-2007, 09:25 AM
I gotta say I was hesitant to open the Mcfigs (mostly because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find them all) but these figures are about a million times better out of the package. The detail is incredible. Now I need to dig out my old Concept vehicles from the POTF 2 line....

JediTricks
08-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Those, unfortunately, are not incredible. :p Also, I don't believe any of them are actually McQuarrie-inspired, I think they're all Joe Johnston... not that Celeryman and his Carrotmobile wasn't always in the mythos somewhere, right? ;)

Kidhuman
08-09-2007, 02:55 PM
JT, what company makes the Sonic Screwdriver? I want one. I would like a real one, but that aint happening.

JediTricks
08-09-2007, 04:13 PM
They're made by "Character Options LTD" and imported by Underground Toys.

Character's website: http://www.character-online.com/
Underground's site: http://www.undergroundtoys.co.uk

BTW, the Sonic Screwdriver makes "the sound" and has an alternate, slightly different version. The whole thing slides in and out of the body, the tip lights up purple because it's a UV LED. The black wallet holds The Doctor's psychic paper which is actually wipe-clean vinyl-type material. The screwdriver has 2 interchangeable nibs, either a regular pen or a UV-ink marker to write on the pyschic paper. The set totally rules.

Kidhuman
08-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Son of a bizzle, I can only find them in the UK and cant order online at most sites. I will get me one though. Wouldnt happen to have an extra would you?

JediTricks
08-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Sorry, 'fraid not. Check your local comic shops though, Underground is distributing them and apparently Diamond has started buying.

Kidhuman
08-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Local comic shops, hah. Not aorund here. Seriously, the local comic shops have all gone to Magic and Pokemon shops. I hate this damn town. I will get one soon. I will order it from a website sooner or later. If Diamond has bought them, maybe they will show up on EE or another place. We shall see.

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 03:34 AM
Write to EE, demand they start carrying it. Suggest they contact the importer for the line, Underground Toys.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-22-2007, 12:57 AM
Just got an e-mail from Hasbro Toy Shop saying that my concept Obi-Wan & Yoda have shipped.

jedi master sal
08-22-2007, 11:23 AM
I forgot to post that I got my Shadow Bikers Scout. I'm actually very happy with this set. I didn't get a set with rubbery plastic. My bike is nice and stiff, doesn't bend when you play with it. The figure sits on it right and the t-bar doesn't get in the way. A good set indeed and the $25 cost wasn't too off the mark now that I have it in hand.

Of course I'd have rather been able to buy it for $15 so I could have built it up a little, but one is fine for now.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I got two of those as well, but haven't opened one yet. They look pretty good though.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-23-2007, 03:14 PM
I guess I didn't read that shipped notice very well. The subject said my order had shipped, but the actual message said it had not shipped. That's why I was confused today when I got another message saying it had shipped. This time it appears it actually has shipped.

DarkArtist
08-23-2007, 05:01 PM
got my email from HasbroToyShop.com that both the 2 McObi and McYoda and the 2 R2-KT figures have shipped.