PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Evolution packs

Kidhuman
07-27-2007, 04:06 PM
This is a great thing. I am looking forward to these. The Darth Bane is a great figure and surprised me. This is where the SA Qui-Gon will be more than likely.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24895&cat=5416

darko666
07-27-2007, 05:15 PM
the sith and fett figures look cool, especially the sith. will def buy these when they come out. glad to see another Maul figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Holy sweet nuts, this is fantastic!!! Thankfully they're rereleasing the Sith set as I never got that one. The Mandalorian set looks amazing - an SA ESB Boba and an SA Jango, damn, sign me up. The SA Qui-Gon and Bultar Swan look awesome too, and the EU figures at least look nice (not sure on their backstories).

Hopefully they keep making more as I love these packs.

pegger
07-27-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm slightly disappointed with the Jedi set. It's awesome we're FINALLY getting a SA Qui Gon...but we're getting Bultar with the comic pack...why do I need another EU jedi?

Don't even get me started on the NJO Luke.....

The other 2 sets look OK.

Battle Droid
07-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Bultar was in AOTC, she isn't EU.

pegger
07-27-2007, 06:02 PM

OK Mr. Nitpicky...- why do I need a second fig in the same year for a Jedi that had less than 2 seconds of air time....

My sentiment still stands.

Battle Droid
07-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Different outfit? :p

pegger
07-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Different outfit? :p

Are you my wife or something? :bangingheadagainstwall:

2-1B
07-27-2007, 06:58 PM
QUESTION: Why is that one dude's head neon green ?

Kidhuman
07-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Holy Sh!+ I just noticed Boba's helmet comes off. Isnt this a first for him?

Devo
07-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Its a small pic but that fett helmet looks the wrong size and shape again just like the VOTC - which would be a shame. QUI-GON looks good from what I can see though.

Jargo
07-27-2007, 07:35 PM
the mandalore looks a bit odd. removable helmet Boba might be worth getting the set for alone. Prefer regular Jedi robes Bultar to that comic pack one. Qui-Gonn is good. though his robe looks craptacular. The Luke will make decent custom fodder.
the sith set looks like joke. I mean a joke like the yarna/wilrow hood one. really unfunny.
what is that item next to Jango?

2-1B
07-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I think it's Jango's Slave I headgear ?

Jargo
07-27-2007, 10:24 PM
ah yes the thing that looks like an autism head protector thingy.

evenflow
07-28-2007, 10:21 AM
I am loving these sets, probably my favorite thing shown so far from SDCC. The Sith set is incredible.

AmanaMatt
07-28-2007, 10:53 AM
I wish I was into EU, but I am not. The only set that I truly want is the incredible looking Boba, Jango, Mandalore (who?!) set

The two Fetts looks awesome.

DarkArtist
07-28-2007, 11:07 AM
I can't wait till these hit retail. I just hope Hasbro doesn't make them an exclusive or short pack them. the Darth Bane is alright however I wish they went with the way he looks in the novel Darth Bane Path of Destruction instead of the neon spike head figure we are getting.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-28-2007, 12:55 PM
I'll definitely be getting these. I won't need the re-releases, but I might get another of the Stormtrooper packs.

jjreason
07-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Zzzzzzzzz.... Huh? Oh. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'm getting dangerously close to being sick of collecting this stuff.

bigbarada
07-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Are they rereleasing the "Evolution of Anakin" set? If so, then I hope that they keep the Sebastian Shaw Anakin under Darth Vader's helmet; but give him the improved hands and cape (no silver string) of the ANH Tin Set Darth Vader.

darko666
07-28-2007, 02:01 PM
the Darth Bane is alright however I wish they went with the way he looks in the novel Darth Bane Path of Destruction instead of the neon spike head figure we are getting.

agreed. i don't know why they went and changed his appearance. i'm more interested in the Darth Nihilus and Maul figure.

Kidhuman
07-28-2007, 02:06 PM
I agree about the Bane figure, the Path of Destruction would have been nice. Still a nice set. If it sells well, maybe we can get a fig from the novels.

Old Fossil
07-28-2007, 03:09 PM
I'll buy all of these if I see them at retail. Jango looks GREAT.

General_Grievous
07-28-2007, 03:30 PM
I'll be getting the Jedi and Mandalorian sets. Then I'll be trading off NJO Luke and the Mandalorian Warrior.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Zzzzzzzzz.... Huh? Oh. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'm getting dangerously close to being sick of collecting this stuff.Is there a specific complaint about these sets? You should only collect what you want to collect.

Devo
07-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Definitely think boba fetts helmet is still too small and the wrong shape. If I can get me more 300th bobas some head transplants may be in order. Older head sculpts being better than new ones seems to be so common now.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-28-2007, 05:01 PM
This is a great thing. I am looking forward to these. The Darth Bane is a great figure and surprised me. This is where the SA Qui-Gon will be more than likely.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24895&cat=5416Just noticed a couple typos in their slide. "Dath Nihilus" and "Qui-Gonn Jin".

jjreason
07-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Is there a specific complaint about these sets? You should only collect what you want to collect.

Sorry I wasn't more specific. :rolleyes: The only figure that I'm remotely interested in out of the new stuff I've seen pics of is the Evolutions Qui Gon - and I've got about 10 figures of him already. It wouldn't matter what they were giving, there'd be an aspect of me feeling like I've seen it all before.... that's what you get for spending a lifetime (and a fortune) on one hobby.

Phantom-like Menace
07-28-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm slightly disappointed with the Jedi set. It's awesome we're FINALLY getting a SA Qui Gon...but we're getting Bultar with the comic pack...why do I need another EU jedi?

OK Mr. Nitpicky...- why do I need a second fig in the same year for a Jedi that had less than 2 seconds of air time....

My sentiment still stands.

I'm just glad it was pointed out because I'm so sick of the hair trigger response some have for *****ing about EU. Like you can't even find out before you fire that same old complaint from the hip.

pegger
07-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Dude- I've got no complaint for EU figs - if they are cool and different.

I'm excited about Darth Bane, and all the KOTOR figs. I like a lot of EU concepts...HOWEVER, I DO think that 2 of ANY EU fig is overkill, as is 2 of ANY minor background character (with costume changes).

You want to get to the root of my comment - The one in the Evolution set is canon...the one in the comic pack is EU. Given the number of other figures that *could* be made, I don't think we need 2 Baltar's in the same year. They could have put UMPTEEN different Jedi's in that set...or in the comic pack. I want variety...not the same damn character over and over again.

Can't get a Yarna, can't get the yellow R5 (from ANH), can't get a number of other figs, but CAN get 2 Bultar's in one year? Please.

And stop being so defensive about EU. We've been getting a TON of EU stuff lately.

figrin bran
07-28-2007, 08:03 PM
JT and Tycho, you didn't tell me these were coming!!! grrr!!! :p

I am most definitely buying the Jedi pack and will thus pass on the Bultar comic pack and I'll want the Bane/Nihilus pack as well.

Old Fossil
07-28-2007, 08:23 PM
It wouldn't matter what they were giving, there'd be an aspect of me feeling like I've seen it all before.... that's what you get for spending a lifetime (and a fortune) on one hobby.

Amen to that!!!

Phantom-like Menace
07-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Dude- I've got no complaint for EU figs - if they are cool and different.

And we don't complain nearly as much of movie figures if it's the same old crap over and over again. We complain maybe, but not with the shear hatred nor with the frequency we hurl complaints thoughtlessly at EU. It's a laughable double standard. We can have Darth Vader number 1000 and maybe someone says, "Wow, there are a lot of Darth Vaders." You get the second of an EU figure and it's already time to complain. And again, it wasn't even an EU figure! It's that important that we make sure the complaint is filed as many times as possible. As Mad Slanted Powers said, "You should only collect what you want to collect." You don't lose sleep over the two Bultars, and I won't lose sleep over Darth Vader x1000.

And I'll say it every time: when they make the waste of plastic that is Yarna, you're not going to hear a peep out of me. I don't like her. Others do. It's that simple and that done.

And stop being so defensive about EU. We've been getting a TON of EU stuff lately.

Point out one time I've done anything other than respond to someone who started *****ing about EU in any capacity and I won't have reason to want others to stop being so offensive about EU. If I've complained so much, it's only because others have complained so much.

Kidhuman
07-28-2007, 11:04 PM
OK fellas, enough of the arguing. This thread is about what is being released. We have been through the EU arguement hundreds of times. No need to do it again. Please dont make me delete posts on this. Thank you for understanding.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-28-2007, 11:51 PM
I'd say these sets are evidence that Hasbro is responding to what the people want, at least sometimes. After the first Evolutions sets were released, I read a lot of suggestions on here of other Evolutions sets they could do. When the comic pack Bultar Swan was released, people wished they could have a movie version rather than the comic version.

As to what's in the sets, I think my first impression is that I like the Jedi set the best. Luke is an EU version we've not had. The comic pack with Bultar Swan is not out yet, so this is like a never done before character at this point. Qui-Gon is hopefully a much improved and better articulated figure than any previous version.

On closer inspection, the Fett set should be good as well. Jango looks to be the figure we should have got in the Saga line rather than three mostly sub-par versions. I'm not sure which Mandalore this is referencing as I've not read all the comics and books. It's not what I recall from any of the Mandaloreans in the KOTOR games. Still, it will be a nice figure to get. Not necessarily excited about another Boba, but if it's a decent figure, I won't mind.

The Sith set seems okay. I don't have any reference for Darth Bane other than the cover of the paperback of the novel that I just got. They don't appear to look the same. Nihilus looks about right compared to the cover of KOTOR II. Not too excited about another shirtless Darth Maul.

pegger
07-29-2007, 07:48 AM
OK fellas, enough of the arguing. This thread is about what is being released. We have been through the EU arguement hundreds of times. No need to do it again. Please dont make me delete posts on this. Thank you for understanding.

Sorry KH - Sorry PLM....I felt my post was misunderstood, I see that I'm not making myself more understood.

Perhaps I'll restate it this way - the only figure I am looking forward to in that set is Qui Gon, as long as he is SA.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-29-2007, 09:13 AM
I liked these when they were specific to the evolution of one character, Anakin / Troopers.

I think they should do Boba Fett, however, it should only be him. Its pretty obvious how it would start and end, but the middle could be the best part. Im not totally into EU, so I dont know if there is some sort of backstory to his teenage years? If not, we could guess. So it could look like:

1. Boba as a child
2. Boba ~18 w/ magnetic hands, making him able to do a handstand on his keg accessory, must also have a "vintage" Model Nodes t-shirt and sandals
3. Boba ROTJ

1. Boba as a child
2. Boba ~15 w/ a base that plays phrases like - "You'll never understand me!" or "You are ruining my life!" (These sound much better for Luke the more I think about it) Must have pants with a dozen different straps and zippers, none of which serve any purpose and probably multi-colored hair.
3. Boba ROTJ

1. Boba as a child
2. Boba ~20 w/ pants that only go up to his knees but it would be ok becuase he has a shirt long enough to cover any possible exposed areas. Because of the pants he must be bow-legged. He could also have assorted bing: Chains, changable grillz, or goblets.
3. Boba ROTJ

OR

The ultimate Boba Fett Evolutions set

1. Boba as a child
2. Boba ROTJ
3. Boba post-Sarlacc This would look a lot like the Cripy Anakin we got with ROTS. He could have severly damages armor, and of course there wouldnt be much paint left on it. It could even be snap on armor to reveal his acid burned body.

What makes this set so special, is that it would be a K-Mart Exclusive and when you send in the POP + 12.95 shipping, in 8-12 weeks you will recieve a FREE MYSTERY FIGURE!

It's pretty obvious that the figure would be Wedding Attire Dengar, but we would all still act surprised. This figure will also head up the Toyfare Top 10 for 6-7 months. You could also buy this via "another" online SW store AFA graded U90 for roughly 850.00.

Better ship that baby insured!!!!

I mean really, I would buy all of the above.

But yeah, Im passing on those sets.

DarthBrandon
07-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Well, Well, Well, with all the talking etc. going on, I'll add my two cents to slow it down a bit. I plan on picking up 4 Sets of these babies, 1 Palpy (Brandons') & the rest of the newbies. I'm really excited about the Jango & Gin ones mostly. Please note; I've said in many threads I'm done buying single carded figures at the end of this year. These do not count as they are Evolution packs. Once I find all the figures that I want from this years line-up, which could run into Jan/Feb of next year; I'm pretty much finished after that. I'll still pick up the AT-TE if it comes out, other than that, it's extremely picky times a hundred for me.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-29-2007, 10:31 AM
One thing i dont understand is why movie collectors hate it when there's EU being made...It's strange i thought if you collected star wars you loved star wars whether it's Vader, or Bane it's all still star wars. Now someone on here said collect what you want and leave the rest, i personally feel that is the best way to collect star wars because it's stupid to collect it all, but it's fun to collect what you like and or want.

Now as for these evolutions packs i cant wait!!! The sith pack is awesome, and i hope they rerelease the older one's since they where very hard to find in my area. Im looking foward to the mandalore figure as well, since he should have been in the EE mano mystery pack but hey i'll take that figure anyway i can get it. Nihilous or whatever his name is from KOTOR isn't the best of choices but i'll still get it because of bane. I'm not a big KOTOR fan but im glad they're making them because i know alot of people in my area who got back into star wars because hasbro starting making figures from these games. Bultar Swan and Qui Gon is good news even though i think they should have placed someone else in that slot but hey if the figure is cool i'll be getting this set as well...my bank account will cry in 2008!

Tycho
07-29-2007, 10:32 AM

I'm just the opposite of you Pegger. I'll sell you Qui-Gon at 1/3 of the cost of the set and just pay for Luke and Baltar Swan - the figures I want. If you want multiple Qui-Gons, I can also continue doing this deal with yourself or others here. I don't want Qui-Gon.

Next, amongst the Sith, I might only want a Bane figure. I could care less for another shirtless Maul or Nihilus - though they do look cool.

Amongst the Fetts, I'd only want Mandalore and hope they do a Ulic Qel Droma and Exar Kun to go with him.

And since they did do a NJO Luke, let's hope they make Yuuzhan Vong figures and the Solo Kids in the Comic packs somehow.

Meanwhile, I hope this means they can get some of the remaining Padme figures out of the way via an-all-Padme Evolutions set.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-29-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm just the opposite of you Pegger. I'll sell you Qui-Gon at 1/3 of the cost of the set and just pay for Luke and Baltar Swan - the figures I want. If you want multiple Qui-Gons, I can also continue doing this deal with yourself or others here. I don't want Qui-Gon.

Next, amongst the Sith, I might only want a Bane figure. I could care less for another shirtless Maul or Nihilus - though they do look cool.

Amongst the Fetts, I'd only want Mandalore and hope they do a Ulic Qel Droma and Exar Kun to go with him.

And since they did do a NJO Luke, let's hope they make Yuuzhan Vong figures and the Solo Kids in the Comic packs somehow.

Meanwhile, I hope this means they can get some of the remaining Padme figures out of the way via an-all-Padme Evolutions set.

Ulic Qel Droma, Exar Kun and a sprit of Freedon Nadd, thats a great sith set!
NJO luke is a test figure im sure to see how we respond to a figure from the books i personally cant wait for this one either. i just hope they do the figure right...SA please....Some soft goods on robes and i'll be a happy camper.

pegger
07-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Wow...I am expressing myself very poorly today (and yesterday)....

I will be getting this set. I think Qui Gon has gotten the shaft on any figure made of him, and would like 1 good SA fig of this character.

NJO Luke - while not my first choice for a fig (as I don't read the comics and have only read a few of the books) I guess can understand the choice, as it "book ends" the concept of the evolution of Jedi (in my mind) - but again it's Luke. Why not do an Evolutions Luke set, and include him there, and pick Corran Horn, or another Skywalker Jedi for this set...

I question the inclusion of Bultar Swan in the Evolutions set, for the following reasons:
1) How is she a step in the evolution of the Jedi from Qui Gon to NJO Luke? Wouldn't AOTC Obi Wan, ROTS Obi Wan, ANH Obi Wan, Yoda, Mace or even ROTJ Luke, or ESB Luke make a more logical choice? I don't see her connection in the line.
2) Bultar Swan (a "blink and you miss her" background character) is being released in a comic pack (granted with a different outfit) around the same time. Would it not have made sense to release either a different Jedi in the evolutions set, or a different Jedi in the comic? Smells like laziness to me.

Now, I am NOT bashing EU figs (I see I poorly worded my first post, but I'm not trying to slam EU figs) I get it that for the line to last, EU figs MUST be part of the mix, as the movies are pretty bare now for figure choices. I AM questioning the choice of Bultar Swan in this particular set, and put another choice that would have made more logic in terms of the "Evolutions" moniker. Right now it's just a "Jedi 3 pack" for me.

Even with the Darth Set - I question the inclusion of Maul. Bane makes sense. Even Nihilis I can questioningly accept as he comes after Bane in terms of the story line, but why Maul? Why not a Sith POST the movies or something?

Does anyone understand me, or am I still talking gibberish?

Sinscia Fat'o
07-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Wow...I am expressing myself very poorly today (and yesterday)....

I will be getting this set. I think Qui Gon has gotten the shaft on any figure made of him, and would like 1 good SA fig of this character.

NJO Luke - while not my first choice for a fig (as I don't read the comics and have only read a few of the books) I guess can understand the choice, as it "book ends" the concept of the evolution of Jedi (in my mind) - but again it's Luke. Why not do an Evolutions Luke set, and include him there, and pick Corran Horn, or another Skywalker Jedi for this set...

I question the inclusion of Bultar Swan in the Evolutions set, for the following reasons:
1) How is she a step in the evolution of the Jedi from Qui Gon to NJO Luke? Wouldn't AOTC Obi Wan, ROTS Obi Wan, ANH Obi Wan, Yoda, Mace or even ROTJ Luke, or ESB Luke make a more logical choice? I don't see her connection in the line.
2) Bultar Swan (a "blink and you miss her" background character) is being released in a comic pack (granted with a different outfit) around the same time. Would it not have made sense to release either a different Jedi in the evolutions set, or a different Jedi in the comic? Smells like laziness to me.

Now, I am NOT bashing EU figs (I see I poorly worded my first post, but I'm not trying to slam EU figs) I get it that for the line to last, EU figs MUST be part of the mix, as the movies are pretty bare now for figure choices. I AM questioning the choice of Bultar Swan in this particular set, and put another choice that would have made more logic in terms of the "Evolutions" moniker. Right now it's just a "Jedi 3 pack" for me.

Even with the Darth Set - I question the inclusion of Maul. Bane makes sense. Even Nihilis I can questioningly accept as he comes after Bane in terms of the story line, but why Maul? Why not a Sith POST the movies or something?

Does anyone understand me, or am I still talking gibberish?

nope pretty much got understood ya! :) and i do agree with ya on the maul, even though im looking foward to it because i missed the deluxe figure in the power of the jedi line.

Kidhuman
07-29-2007, 12:58 PM
NJO luke is a test figure im sure to see how we respond to a figure from the books i personally cant wait for this one either.

I will; tell you why it isn't a test figure to judge the books on. Because its a 3 pack that he is included in. People will buy this pack for the SA Qui-Gon alone. If they want to judge book characters, they need to single card them.

Pegger, I understand what you are saying. If they wanted to repack an obscure Jedi, why not Pablo Jill or Coleman Trebor.

As for the Sith pack, I would have loved Jorus C'boath in it. I could go with out Nilhius as I never played the game and really dont care for his figure. Bane is a great choice as I loved Path of Destruction. Maul....Meh.

The Fetts: A good looking set, but could do without Mandolore. I never heard of him and he should be in the EE set, not this one. But who could have been the third one, Maybe Montross if they are tossing out video game characters

2-1B
07-29-2007, 02:05 PM
QUESTION: Why is that one dude's head neon green ?

jedi master sal
07-29-2007, 03:18 PM

Hey Tycho! I'll take you up on the offer of your extra Qui-gons. I need 5 at least. I'm getting one complete set myself, so I'd need four extras. Let me know on that.

As well, I need multiples of the Jango fig. I'm getting one set of the EvoMando's but need another 4 Jango's. So let me know on that as well.

I'm only getting one Sith set, so I'm all set there.

Keep this in your notes Tycho. You know I'm good for those multiples. (and I'm fairly certain you can trade away any extra Bobas you get too. There are some Boba lovers out there who might not want the EU or PT fig from that Evo set.

-Sal

darko666
07-29-2007, 03:58 PM

my guess is, Hasbro is including a recognizable character from the movies to help sell the product. the jedi set has Qui-Gon, the Fett set has both Boba and Jango(being more popular with the kids), and the sith set has Maul. if Hasbro is releasing a second series of these, i'm sure the first series sold well enough, and there is a good chance we'll see more in the future.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Bultar Swan (a "blink and you miss her" background character) is being released in a comic pack (granted with a different outfit) around the same time. Would it not have made sense to release either a different Jedi in the evolutions set, or a different Jedi in the comic? Smells like laziness to me.
How is it laziness? They're two different sculpts. I've wanted a movie-accurate Bultar Swan for a long time and the EU figure is just gravy.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-29-2007, 06:25 PM
How is it laziness? They're two different sculpts. I've wanted a movie-accurate Bultar Swan for a long time and the EU figure is just gravy.Mmmmm. Gravy.

I don't remember her from the movies, so I never knew who it was people were so excited to get. I haven't read the comics yet that she was in. However, I still want both of these.

Kidhuman
07-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Mmmmm. Gravy.

I don't remember her from the movies, so I never knew who it was people were so excited to get. I haven't read the comics yet that she was in. However, I still want both of these.

She is in the Geonosis Arena during the battle.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-29-2007, 06:58 PM
She is in the Geonosis Arena during the battle.
Yes, I learned that. However she never stood out to me to begin with as say, a blue Twi'lek. So, when she started showing up on lists of wanted figures, I didn't know who they were talking about.

pegger
07-29-2007, 08:04 PM
How is it laziness? They're two different sculpts. I've wanted a movie-accurate Bultar Swan for a long time and the EU figure is just gravy.

sigh....

To quote Jar Jar - "My give up."

Can't believe you made me quote Jar Jar...that's how beaten down I am.

kool-aid killer
07-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Ive wanted a Bultar Swan figure for a while now. Shes a unique character: a human female Jedi. If you look at all the others (aside from the EU Leia) theyve all been alien females.

Ive only picked up the Obi and Alpha comics pack so far, i plan on getting Quinlans soon, but i'll be grabbing most of the new ones shown.

jjreason
07-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Mr. JJL - Pegger just doesn't think the character rates two figures, and I'm pretty much with him on that one. If you'd called the EU figure by another name, it likely would have made more sense to him (even if he hadn't read the source material).

The only reason I'm suggesting this, is because that's how I feel. :D

Phantom-like Menace
07-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Sorry KH - Sorry PLM....I felt my post was misunderstood, I see that I'm not making myself more understood.

Perhaps I'll restate it this way - the only figure I am looking forward to in that set is Qui Gon, as long as he is SA.

There's no reason for you to apologize, but I'll apologize for being so sensitive about this issue.

Phantom-like Menace
07-30-2007, 06:46 PM
One thing i dont understand is why movie collectors hate it when there's EU being made...It's strange i thought if you collected star wars you loved star wars whether it's Vader, or Bane it's all still star wars.

I've responded in PM so as not to continue the argument.

Just to nitpick: I actually thought it was funny that they messed up the chronological order in the picture. Darth Nihilus came before Darth Bane. Bane was the Sith one thousand years ago who decided there would be only two Sith.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Just to nitpick: I actually thought it was funny that they messed up the chronological order in the picture. Darth Nihilus came before Darth Bane. Bane was the Sith one thousand years ago who decided there would be only two Sith.

None of them are in chronoligical order in the picture, so it's all good. :thumbsup:

2-1B
07-30-2007, 07:44 PM
They are in order of suckiness.

pegger
07-30-2007, 09:10 PM

Hey - at least I tried!

Phantom-like Menace
07-30-2007, 10:05 PM
They are in order of suckiness.

Best to suckiest or suckiest to best?

figrin bran
07-31-2007, 12:20 AM
Best to suckiest or suckiest to best?

doesn't matter, he (meaning Caesar) doesn't even buy SW figures anyhow!

Phantom-like Menace
07-31-2007, 11:47 AM
doesn't matter, he (meaning Caesar) doesn't even buy SW figures anyhow!

Yeah, I just had a curiosity about me.

jedi master sal
07-31-2007, 02:18 PM
Wow some harsh criticisms on these sets....lol

Well, as I mentioned previously, I'll get one of each set and then look to get extras of Qui-gon and Jango.

(Tycho-still waiting to hear your response from the deal I offered to you.)

-Sal

Tycho
07-31-2007, 06:05 PM
Hey Tycho! I'll take you up on the offer of your extra Qui-gons. I need 5 at least. I'm getting one complete set myself, so I'd need four extras. Let me know on that.

As well, I need multiples of the Jango fig. I'm getting one set of the EvoMando's but need another 4 Jango's. So let me know on that as well.

I'm only getting one Sith set, so I'm all set there.

Keep this in your notes Tycho. You know I'm good for those multiples. (and I'm fairly certain you can trade away any extra Bobas you get too. There are some Boba lovers out there who might not want the EU or PT fig from that Evo set.

-Sal

I'll work with you on two (2) of the JEDI Evolution Packs, possibly 4. Baltar Swan is the issue. I want her for:

1) Arena Battle
2) extra Geonosis scenes (1 or more - that's the question) I might be able to swing 4. I just have to look at my notes. But yeah, it's probable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mandalorian Pack? I can only say I'll pay for 1/3 of 1 to get Mandalore. This largely depends upon whether he is Mandalore from Ulic Qel Droma's days.

IF they announce Ulic, Exar, and Nomi and more are coming out - I'll possibly swarm in on 2 or 3 more of these (only for Mandalore). You see where I'm going with this? I can make good deals with you, but I'm not sure how many deals I'm interested in making.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The SITH Evolution pack? Darth Bane is after his tragic encounter on the Dxun Moon and it's now-indigenous lifeforms. If the face cage is removeable, that will change a lot of things! I could use him WITHOUT the face cage for scenes from Jedi Vs. Sith or with, possibly, from later work. Nihilus looks cool, but I'm not a gamer and really need more background (and to spend some time on Wookieepedia). Darth Maul is dead-dead-dead! (Well so are these other 2 Sith Lords - but I have lots of figures of Maul already anyway).

I can't even say if I'm interested in a deal for the Sith at this point in time.

So we'll work with the Jedi Sal, and maybe with the Mandalorian set - I just didn't think if I could say anything definite, I should say anything at all. Now many who might be totally uninterested in my thoughts about this have been given an opportunity to read a lot of text that basically says nothing. :sleeping:

I'll PM you further on this when I hear the sets are being released.

jedi master sal
07-31-2007, 06:45 PM
Um, ok. You've got me totally confused. But we'll figure something out. I'm only getting the one Sith set, so no need to deal with that one.

I'm just looking for 4-5 more Quis and 4-5 more Jangos.

El Chuxter
08-02-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm with Pegger. I've wanted a Bultar figure for years, but now two in a year?

And I have to buy another Topless Bar Maul and that other dude to get Darth Bane?

Sigh....

darko666
08-02-2007, 12:13 PM
wow, so much hatred for another Maul figure, when there's been a crap load of Vaders and clone troopers with a diff paint sceme for the past few years. granted they're more geared for the army builders out there. oh well, i'm pleased to see another Maul. all thats left is the Visionaries Maul, and that should just about cover it.

El Chuxter
08-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Not really hatred. The first topless Maul was released twice, and it's a damned fine figure. It doesn't need an update.

jedi master sal
08-02-2007, 12:31 PM
...all thats left is the Visionaries Maul, and that should just about cover it.

Now that one I would look forward to getting. I thought that was a neat idea. I was hoping for a Maul reprisal in ROTS. He could have taken out Dooku, tried to take out Palpatine and Anakin could have killed him. What a battle that could have been.

pegger
08-02-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm with Pegger. I've wanted a Bultar figure for years, but now two in a year?

And I have to buy another Topless Bar Maul and that other dude to get Darth Bane?

Sigh....

Chux - you are a wise, wise man.

2-1B
08-02-2007, 07:41 PM
at first I thought Chux said "Topless Bear Maul" . . .and I was pretty excited about it.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Most bears are topless, and I wouldn't want to be mauled by one.