PDA

View Full Version : Jabbas Band 5 packs

Kidhuman
07-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Here is a pic of both of them. I will get the Max Rebo set and not the others.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24868&cat=5416

darko666
07-27-2007, 06:13 PM
it would have been cool if Hasbro released the Max Rebo band as the original trio, instead of adding in the other 2 members(which should have been in the other set). i will have to see what they look like in the box set to decide if i will buy it. from the photo, they also seem to just be repacks.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2007, 06:17 PM
A nice set, but an easy pass. They sure are rereleasing everything they can this year, eh?

pegger
07-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Repeat after me:

PASS!

pbarnard
07-27-2007, 09:25 PM
And why oh why did you get your hopes up for new material when all previous multipacks here re-releases? This is not a suprise at all beyond that there will be two.

Kidhuman
07-27-2007, 09:31 PM
And why oh why did you get your hopes up for new material when all previous multipacks here re-releases? This is not a suprise at all beyond that there will be two.

For me, I missed the first go around on the WM two packs, so I will get those, but I have the 2nd pack with the dancers and Rappertunie.

Battle Droid
07-27-2007, 10:20 PM
I don't have any of these except for Rappertunie, I'll be picking up both sets.:D

Here's boxed pics,

http://www.galactichunter.com/gallery/albums/cc07_hasbro_fri/CC7_3725.JPG

http://www.galactichunter.com/gallery/albums/cc07_hasbro_fri/CC7_3728.JPG

http://www.galactichunter.com/gallery/albums/cc07_hasbro_fri/CC7_3731.JPG

http://www.galactichunter.com/gallery/albums/cc07_hasbro_fri/CC7_3733.JPG

Jargo
07-27-2007, 11:31 PM
good for newbies and peeps who missed them first time. not for me. happy that I have all of those figures already.

DarthQuack
07-28-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm happy to see this and will be picking up, I've always seemed to miss these whenever they came out.

evenflow
07-28-2007, 11:15 AM
I was excited for these sets but not after seeing them. If i do pick one up it would be the rebo band set and not the dancers.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-28-2007, 11:49 AM
I have all of these figures. The only reason I would get them would be the diorama it appears you can make from the two sets as shown on the back. I could put it with my existing Jabba's palace diorama set. I probably won't spend the money just for that though.

kool-aid killer
07-31-2007, 01:52 PM
This isnt a bad set for people who missed out on the Rebo two packs years ago. I'll be passing on it because ive already got all of the figures included in these packs. I just want another Droopy McCool so i can turn him into a Jedi.

jedi master sal
07-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Whew this is even more money I'll be saving!

big fat PASS

DarkArtist
07-31-2007, 05:19 PM
I'll be passing on these. now if they were to re-release the Kenner verisons and perhaps give us the other drummer guy then maybe I'd be on board but it's a big no for me.

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 06:38 PM
What was Hasbro thinking? All the good figures are in the Musicians pack and all the loser figures are in the other pack, Entertainers! If these ship together we're going to be inundated with the second pack - hopefully they shortpack it to make up for the fact that it's going to be grossly unpopular.

DarthQuack
01-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Saw these today at my local WM....might get them.....or might wait for clearance....they look pretty snazzy though.

Kidhuman
01-09-2008, 05:06 PM
I think I will only get the Max Rebo one, I dont care for the SE figs

bigbarada
01-09-2008, 05:18 PM
The only 5-pack Rebo Band that I want would be a non-SE version of the band, plus a new SA Oola, and Yarna.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-09-2008, 05:33 PM
The only 5-pack Rebo Band that I want would be a non-SE version of the band, plus a new SA Oola, and Yarna.
Well, that ain't happenin' any time soon.

I like the cardboard display, but I'm not going to re-buy ten old figures just to get it.

Kidhuman
01-09-2008, 05:33 PM
The one with Max Rebo I beleive is all OT figs. The otehr one is Josh Yowza and the dancers with Rappertunie.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-09-2008, 05:38 PM
The one with Max Rebo I beleive is all OT figs. The otehr one is Josh Yowza and the dancers with Rappertunie.
No, the one with Max also has Sy Snootles, Droopy McCool, Barquin D'an, and Doda Bodonawieedo (two original version, two SE, and one somewhere in the middle). The other is the dancers, Joh Yowza, and Rappertunie. So for anyone who seems to be dodging SE stuff for whatever reason, both of these sets should be a pass.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-09-2008, 07:39 PM
I missed most of these the first time around, so I'll pick them up, and hand off any of the extras to my nephew.

Slicker
01-09-2008, 09:20 PM
I love the boxed pics! I must've missed this thread but have these been released yet? If not then what's a release date?

DarthQuack
01-09-2008, 09:26 PM
I love the boxed pics! I must've missed this thread but have these been released yet? If not then what's a release date?

I saw some today at WM Slick, so they're out there!

Kidhuman
01-09-2008, 09:45 PM

they are out now. I saw them once in West Va. They were 25 a pop

Slicker
01-10-2008, 02:27 AM
That price is a bit steep but I really like 'em.

Would anyone be willing to pick 'em up for me? I can make it worth there time. :o

JediTricks
01-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Why is it that these molds are always WM exclusives? That just dawned on me, the original 2packs were also WM exclusives, only Rappertunie was a single-carded regular release figure (which is an extremely sad statement about SW collecting).

Kidhuman
01-10-2008, 10:08 PM
The dancers were WM exclusives? I remember getting those in NYC when I lived there and no WM's were to be found there(hence why I missed the 2 packs)

Slicker
01-11-2008, 05:52 PM
The dancers were WM exclusives? I remember getting those in NYC when I lived there and no WM's were to be found there(hence why I missed the 2 packs)The dancers came in one of those Cinema Scene 3 packs from waaaaay back in the day. I remember getting mine at KB.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-11-2008, 06:23 PM
The dancers came in one of those Cinema Scene 3 packs from waaaaay back in the day. I remember getting mine at KB.
I got mine for $5 at Celebration II or III. :bored:

Neuroleptic
01-11-2008, 06:35 PM
The only one I like is Max Rebo, or whatever the heck his name is. I may get him on Ebay some day if I find him for reaaaaaaly cheap by himself.

TheRealDubya
01-11-2008, 07:47 PM
The only one I like is Max Rebo, or whatever the heck his name is. I may get him on Ebay some day if I find him for reaaaaaaly cheap by himself.

That's the only one I like. These 5 packs are craptastic. I'd much rather have seen Max re-released on a single card.

General_Grievous
01-12-2008, 07:17 PM
I was looking at the pics of these sets on Rebelscum with the cardboard display and I was thinking, "This set combined with the Jabba's Palace cardboard diorama from ten years ago would make for a pretty awesome diorama."

For reference:

Jabba's Throne Room
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/potf2/potf23Dpalacefront.jpg

The Band Set
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TAC/TACjabbaband2.jpg

Ric Olie
01-13-2008, 02:06 PM
The original two packs were MAJOR peg warmers at my local Walmarts. One stored had them collecting dust for several years. I can't believe Hasbro fooled Walmart into putting these back on their shelves again.

One store already has them on the marked down rack.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-13-2008, 02:18 PM
The original two packs were MAJOR peg warmers at my local Walmarts. One stored had them collecting dust for several years. I can't believe Hasbro fooled Walmart into putting these back on their shelves again.

None of my local Wal-Marts have even put these out yet.

Kidhuman
01-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Same here, I only saw them in a different state.

bigbarada
01-13-2008, 03:12 PM

I think that was true for just about every Special Edition related toy. I remember the Han & Jabba, Jawa & Ronto sets collecting dust and they couldn't even get rid of them at clearance prices (the Sandtrooper & Dewback set seemed to do a little better).

The Rebo Band 2-packs pegwarmed for years at my Wal-Mart as well, I didn't remember them selling at all. I only bought the Max Rebo set and that was just because he was a rerelease of the vintage figure. Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool were substandard resculpts compared to their vintage counterparts, so I passed on both of those sets.

Even the Jabba's Dancers 3-pack rotted on the toy shelves.

In the standard line, the ASP Droid and, more recently, Umpass Stay haven't done so well. The only SE figure that I remember having a hard time finding was Rappertunie, but I think that was because he was shortpacked.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-13-2008, 11:32 PM
BigB, I think you must get your figures delivered from bizarro world. I remember never finding the Max/Doda pack, and the others went fairly quick (it was ten years ago, so I may be off). Umpass-Stay is doing much better than CZ-4, the Death Star Trooper, or the Rebel Honor Guard. And apparently you always see wave 5, whereas everywhere else in the world they fly off the shelves. Interesting.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-14-2008, 12:15 AM
I can't speak for the POTF2 days because I wasn't collecting then, but Umpass-Stay is pretty common here. I've only just seen the new Jabba's Band sets at Wal-Mart, and they have no space for basic figures at the moment. As far as Wave 5, I've pretty much only seen that at Kohl's around here.

Cane_Adiss
01-14-2008, 12:21 AM
In my area, the Max Rebo band 2-packs came and went fairly quickly. The only set that pegwarmed even a little was the Jabba's dancers 3 pack. In the current line all the alien figures have sold quickly in my area. I will agree with BigBarada tho that most SE figures sit longer than usual. Ketwol, the beast packs he mentioned, ASP-7 and even Rappertunie all pegwarmed when they first came out.

My area Wal-Marts havent even put out any of these new band sets yet as they are still swamped with clones and Vaders and Tantive IV battle packs from the Legends line. I dont think these sets suck that bad, and I will pick them up to get replacements for some of the figures that I lost/broke.

What I really would like for Hasbro to do would be to resculpt Sy Snootles using her pre-special edition, "vintage" alien design (tusks, second mouth, feather hat and microphone) and put her in an evolutions style 3 pack with a new Max Rebo and Droopy McCool. And maybe include the other piece of Max's organ so it's complete. That would be an awesome set!

bigbarada
01-14-2008, 01:31 AM
BigB, I think you must get your figures delivered from bizarro world. I remember never finding the Max/Doda pack, and the others went fairly quick (it was ten years ago, so I may be off). Umpass-Stay is doing much better than CZ-4, the Death Star Trooper, or the Rebel Honor Guard. And apparently you always see wave 5, whereas everywhere else in the world they fly off the shelves. Interesting.

Well, I move around a lot so that might have an effect. When I was in the Army, I was stationed in central Texas for 5 years, in Ft. Hood. That was where I saw the Jabba's band 2-packs and all the other SE related toys of the time rotting on the shelves. I even remember seeing about 5 or 6 POTF2 Han & TaunTaun sets sitting around at the Ft. Hood PX for like 3 months. I wish I had known they were so rare, I would have picked them up and made a little bit of money on the side.

Between 2002 and 2006, I lived in Alamogordo, NM and that was the only time that SE related figures became hard to find; but I do remember seeing 11 of the 12 original VOTC figures pegwarming like mad (Threepio was the only one who was hard to find). I remember buying ten VOTC Stormtroopers one day and there were still plenty on the pegs when I left the store.

I've been living in southern, central Illinois since late 2006 and Umpass Stay pegwarmed pretty good here last year, but there're are only a couple left right now. I haven't seen a single Jabba's Band 5-pack yet, however; but I did spot one in a St. Louis Wal-Mart while heading back home from my trip to Vegas last month.

So, i think the region that you are in has a lot to do with what's available to you.

Oh yeah, except for Roron Corob, I don't see any signs of wave 5 anymore.

DarthQuack
01-14-2008, 11:33 AM

What were they priced down to so far?

JediTricks
01-14-2008, 06:42 PM
The dancers were WM exclusives? I remember getting those in NYC when I lived there and no WM's were to be found there(hence why I missed the 2 packs)Heh, whoops, I totally forgot the Dancers are in this set, they mean so little to me that I had completely ignored them. No, they were mass-release.

Man, I think the eyes on Sy and Joh actually stand out MORE in this set!!!

Ric Olie
01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
What were they priced down to so far?

They're $12.50

Jedi_Kal-El
01-22-2008, 05:07 PM

None of my Wal-Marts have even put these out yet. Did the same thing with the Treachery on Saleucami. Didn't see any until 7 months after and then only one store put 2 on the shelf.

El Chuxter
01-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Wal-Mart is insane with exclusives. The local one gets some exclusives in huge numbers, and others not at all. I never saw Neyo, for instance, (though I got one thanks to a friend in the OC). And there are still tons of Labrias and Kitkiks sitting around from late 2006.

They didn't get the new comic 2-packs until about two weeks ago. They went right to clearance for $7. I got the last Keller set and one of three Boba sets. Four days later, I went back, and they had about a dozen of each. All on clearance. And no sign of the twins (which, luckily, were shipped in huge numbers to the local store the first time around).

Even Target isn't this inconsistent.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-22-2008, 08:01 PM
A couple weeks ago I saw the Jabba's band packs and there weren't even any spots for regular figures anymore. This past weekend, I didn't see them and they seemed to be in the process of resetting. The SW section had been moved but no basic figures yet and only the the Boba Fett / RA-7 Droid comic pack.