PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Wave 1!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2007, 06:19 PM
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24880&cat=5416

Talk about awesome! Po Nudo, 2-1B, Octuparra, Kashyyyk Trooper, and Commander Gree. The resculpts all look amazing, and the new figures are of course very welcome.

Battle Droid
07-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Love them all, exspecially Po Nudo and the Octuptarra Droid!:D

General_Grievous
07-27-2007, 06:46 PM
What's the deal with the new Gree and Kashyyk trooper? Are those really necessary? I'll definitely get 2-1B and Po Nudo. The Octuparra droid just looks like the Spider-Droid.

pegger
07-27-2007, 06:53 PM
What's the deal with the new Gree and Kashyyk trooper? Are those really necessary? I'll definitely get 2-1B and Po Nudo. The Octuparra droid just looks like the Spider-Droid.

It looks like the Kashyyk trooper's head is different than the current one. Perhaps they fixed it (so it's more movie accurate).

I can't tell if the modified the Gree mold.

In either case, I'm not sure why they would choose to resculpt these too, since the first molds only came out 2 years ago...

Jargo
07-27-2007, 07:10 PM
yes to Po Nudo. Yes to the Octuptera droid. maybe to 2-1B and no to the other two.

pegger
07-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Mabs must be bouncing off the walls for twobers....

Kidhuman
07-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Loving this wave. I will get a few troopers, pass on Gree and get the rest.

jjreason
07-27-2007, 08:18 PM
I think they made this the "Action" Deuce... he has Stanse. Mabs WILL be very proud. The other figures are "fine", but not really ringing my bells. The big point of interest here for me (which is really, really sad) is that they're keeping the same cardbacks for next year.

bigbarada
07-27-2007, 08:28 PM

Yes, because the Saga2 Kashyyk Trooper was just a repainted Biker Scout and the Ep3 Scout armor was very different from the ROTJ armor.

Same with Commander Gree, I didn't like the "suspenders" just being painted onto the last one.

pegger
07-27-2007, 10:41 PM
I would preferred a resculpted Bacara over Gree. Bacara's flaws are much more problematic than Gree's were.

CaptainSolo1138
07-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Deuce, Deuce, Deuce...

Jargo
07-27-2007, 11:23 PM
I changed my mind about the kashyyk trooper. I need to see the pics properly before I can make proper judgement. if hasbro put it out in plain white and black same as the regular scout trooper i'll be more likely to buy it.

Old Fossil
07-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Nice, but if this is the entire wave then Hasbro is really scraping the bottom of the unmade action figure barrel...

DarkArtist
07-28-2007, 12:12 PM
sign me up they look great. I really wish Hasbro would give us the 2-1B medical droids from the game Dark Forces II Jedi Knight. I think they look cool with the skirt.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-28-2007, 01:29 PM
As far as the troopers only having been released within the past two years, well, those ones sucked. Gree's helmet was all wrong and he didn't have the holster (fixed here, it looks like). I can't tell how different the Kashyyyk Trooper is apart from the obviously new helmet and longer rifle but I'm very glad that they decided to make a more accurate version.

bigbarada
07-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Is that an Ep3 version of 2-1B? I'm not sure if I'm sold on the "bell-bottom" feet.

Kithaba
07-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Is that an Ep3 version of 2-1B? I'm not sure if I'm sold on the "bell-bottom" feet.

I'd like to know this too. If that's the case then I'll defo pass on all of them as they belong to the Films Of Evil.

pegger
07-28-2007, 02:49 PM

I'm assuming so, as the rest of the wave is ROTS - perhaps someone that was there can confirm...

mabudonicus
07-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Doubt it can be confirmed, as in pre-production for ROTS there was talk of folks trying to figure out if Deuce rolled or walked or what- IIRC the problem was that the OT Deuce never had legs made for him- the one scene where you see his feet is where he's dissecting/inspecting the dead tauntaun, and there his legs are telescoped down- judging from that single shot, I'd say that fig is probably the ROTS version, but the details on the chest look kinda wrong...
That being said DEUCE DEUCE DEUCE!!!!! DUDE I KNOW WHAT I WANT FOR MY NEXT BIRTHDAY AND THAT'S THE ONLY FIG I'LL NEED ALL NEXT YEAR WOOOO HE LOOKS F&*%ING AWESOME!!!!!!!

:beard: Iso & Baws

HOLY CRAP IT'S WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR SOOO LONG!!!!

Jargo
07-28-2007, 03:26 PM
the CGI version of the deuce has those feet. SW.com have a pic of him. it's also how he appears in the essential guide to droids. 'tis as accurate as a toy can two one be.

kashyyyk trooper has a new chest plate which is shorter and less bulky than a scout tropper as well as the different parially cut away helmet. there's changes to the arms and legs too and the ankle holster is gone. it appears the waist articulation is not that good and the torso articulation is gone. definitely a new figure can't see any reused parts. but that's just comparing the pictures.

jedi master sal
07-31-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm down for these figs!

I'll build up yet another Kashyyyk company of troops. Kind wish Hasbro didn't remake this one so quickly, but eh, it's the only army builder so far, so it's all good. (And the only one that really needed a good do-over.)

Gree doesn't look much different than the helmet being repainted and the leg holster. Still, I'll def. get one. I'm actually glad I held onto the Grees I had from the previous release. These will now serve as field Lieutenants to the "Real" Gree.

I'm good with 2-1B. Interesting interpretation and the bell bottom ankles don't really bother me too much.

bigbarada
07-31-2007, 05:04 PM
The size and shape of Gree's helmet makes me think it's removable.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Im down with the ROTS Scout Trooper, i missed out on the orginal one and wouldn't have gotten it if i ever found it... The aqualish senator is cool, though i thought there was more interesting senators than him but hey i'll get him anyways. The droid is just a out of scale spider droid...sad.... Gree might be worth getting if he has removeable helmet, soft goods skirt or something worth making the figure worthy.

kool-aid killer
07-31-2007, 07:02 PM
I'll get Po Nudo and the Octuparra droid for sure. Im on the fence with 2-1B but i wont be grabbing Gree or his clone troops.

jedi master sal
07-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Im down with the ROTS Scout Trooper, i missed out on the orginal one and wouldn't have gotten it if i ever found it... The aqualish senator is cool, though i thought there was more interesting senators than him but hey i'll get him anyways. The droid is just a out of scale spider droid...sad.... Gree might be worth getting if he has removeable helmet, soft goods skirt or something worth making the figure worthy.

Sorry, Sinscia Fat'o, but you're wrong about the Octuptarra droid.
it WAS seen on Utapau.
Go here for more info:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/octuptarradroid/index.html

Not to be confused with it's extremely close cousin the Tri-Droid, seen here:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/tridroid/index.html
It was on the bridge in the Mygeeto (Death of Ki-Adi Mundi) scene.

Neither looks like the Dwarf Spider droid (see here: http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/dwarfspiderdroid/index.html )

The difference is the first two have three legs and their "body" is very much oblong. Whereas the Dwarf Spider droid has four legs , not three) and has a half sphere body.

This was really for everyone's benefit not just Sinscia Fat'o's.

It's a good figure and I'll get several to flesh out my huge Utapau diorama. I'll prolly get a couple for the Mygeeto scene too, even though they are different. It's more of a "just in case they don't make the other" thing.

-Sal

bigbarada
07-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Sorry, Sinscia Fat'o, but you're wrong about the Octuptarra droid.
it WAS seen on Utapau.
Go here for more info:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/octuptarradroid/index.html

Not to be confused with it's extremely close cousin the Tri-Droid, seen here:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/tridroid/index.html
It was on the bridge in the Mygeeto (Death of Ki-Adi Mundi) scene.

Neither looks like the Dwarf Spider droid (see here: http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/dwarfspiderdroid/index.html )

The difference is the first two have three legs and their "body" is very much oblong. Whereas the Dwarf Spider droid has four legs , not three) and has a half sphere body.

This was really for everyone's benefit not just Sinscia Fat'o's.

It's a good figure and I'll get several to flesh out my huge Utapau diorama. I'll prolly get a couple for the Mygeeto scene too, even though they are different. It's more of a "just in case they don't make the other" thing.

-Sal

If I get nothing else from this wave, I'm getting 2-3 of those droids.:yes: I just hope that they're not made of the usual rubbery plastic and they don't begin to warp after only a few minutes of standing on their own.

Speaking of the Dwarf Spider Droid, we really need a better one of those, without the oversized nose-gun and wind-up feature.

figrin bran
08-01-2007, 02:46 AM
I guess I'll be getting rid of my Elite Corps Troopers and my 2 Commander Grees as well.

Gree is definitely not going to have a soft goods skirt

jedi master sal
08-01-2007, 08:54 AM
I guess I'll be getting rid of my Elite Corps Troopers and my 2 Commander Grees as well.

Gree is definitely not going to have a soft goods skirt

Hold onto them F_B. You may find a use for them afterall. If anything, keep them seperate from the movie accurate ones. Call them Imperial Forest Commandos if anything.

If you do eventually decide to sell them, let me know and maybe we can work out a deal.

-Sal

Gothiczartan
08-01-2007, 01:00 PM
It looks like the Kashyyk trooper's head is different than the current one. Perhaps they fixed it (so it's more movie accurate).

I can't tell if the modified the Gree mold.

In either case, I'm not sure why they would choose to resculpt these too, since the first molds only came out 2 years ago...

I hope the kashyyyk trooper have a removable helmet. of course it a diffent helmet and the rest of the body!

Phantom-like Menace
08-01-2007, 03:04 PM
As much as we needed a more movie accurate Kashyyyk clone, I'm fairly invested in the original version. I'm only about three away from my target goal of twenty. I'm disinclined to replace them with the new ones, so I will most likely supplement them.

Gree kind of looks like the original version with more accurate helmet colors and a gun on the thigh. If that's the case, he'll still be inaccurate as Gree has extra gear on his back. Either way I'll probably get him just for the more accurate helmet.

jedi master sal
08-01-2007, 05:43 PM
As much as we needed a more movie accurate Kashyyyk clone, I'm fairly invested in the original version. I'm only about three away from my target goal of twenty. I'm disinclined to replace them with the new ones, so I will most likely supplement them.

Gree kind of looks like the original version with more accurate helmet colors and a gun on the thigh. If that's the case, he'll still be inaccurate as Gree has extra gear on his back. Either way I'll probably get him just for the more accurate helmet.

Well the first one was off. Well documented what was wrong with that one. We'll call him Gree "A."

This next one looks to have improvements to the helmet and the addition of the leg holster, but no backpack or actual "suspender" straps. We'll call him Gree "B."

Next one will have either the Back Pack or actual straps. We'll call that Gree "C."

Finally Hasbro will get this right in the last version and have it totally movie accurate. And we'll all call it...GREEDY! lol

El Chuxter
08-02-2007, 01:53 AM
So, Ducks, are you going to re-film "Rockin' Deuce" with the new figure and call it a Special Edition?

mabudonicus
08-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Wel Chux, I have actually planned out the second installment, which is to be called "Take Care Sir" and will feature Deuce out and about helping folks fix various emergencies- that's all I can say without spoiling it- as for this new one (which STLL gives me a Star Wars Chubby on my mantlepiece) I am TOTALLY planning something- I think if the "series" were to end with a third, Double Deuciness instalment, everyone would be quite pleased. I have been having issues with the production studio (mostly it's WAY TOO HOT to film lately and it makes the mac act up) but it's looking like I should get the "middle" installment ready ASAP, so as to have some time to properly plan for this all-out assault of PURE DEUCE that's gonna hit next year...

I still can't say properly how totally STOKED I am about this figure, I'm afraid that a small tear will roll down my cheek when I finally lay hands on hte damn thing, even in that grainy format he looks SWEEEEEET
I'm seriously considering army-building this one

figrin bran
08-02-2007, 11:30 AM
awesome! we'll look forward as much to "Take Care Sir" as we will the actual Deuce figure.

Tycho
08-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm not going to replace my Kashyyyk Troops. Jedi Master Sal? Your opinion on this?

Originally, I had extra AOTC Clones and I wasn't going to care as to whether my scene was authentic.

Then I decided to get 11 or so Kashyyyk painted Biker Scouts. I'm so DONE at this point!

I'll buy 21-B for the Vader Operating Table scene.

I think the Droid might be useful for some Clone Wars stuff.

Po Nudo is just incredible. I'm really excited for that one. I may buy 3-4:

E1 Senate
E2 Separatist Council
E2 Geonosian War Room
E3 ? - I'm not doing the Separatist Council on Utopau and just need several dead (Mustafar)

Gothiczartan
08-02-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm not going to replace my Kashyyyk Troops. Jedi Master Sal? Your opinion on this?

Originally, I had extra AOTC Clones and I wasn't going to care as to whether my scene was authentic.

Then I decided to get 11 or so Kashyyyk painted Biker Scouts. I'm so DONE at this point!

I'll buy 21-B for the Vader Operating Table scene.

I think the Droid might be useful for some Clone Wars stuff.

Po Nudo is just incredible. I'm really excited for that one. I may buy 3-4:

E1 Senate
E2 Separatist Council
E2 Geonosian War Room
E3 ? - I'm not doing the Separatist Council on Utopau and just need several dead (Mustafar)

do you want to had a all new sculpt luke snowspeeder pilot figure to a AT AT Walker to recreate movie scene?

Tycho
08-02-2007, 08:20 PM
do you want to had a all new sculpt luke snowspeeder pilot figure to a AT AT Walker to recreate movie scene?

No. I don't go for resculpts. I have a 1996 Luke Snowspeeder Pilot (which is admittedly kind of a poor figure by today's comparisons) but I'd rather have new figures that have never been made before.

Hasbro can keep making small improvements on figures like Luke Snowspeeder - such as giving him all the accessories but not enough articulation. Then they improve him and sell it to us again. I don't really want to play that game. Bring on Wioslea or Cliegg Lars - I don't have anything like them in my collection.

jedi master sal
08-03-2007, 01:22 PM

Well knowing your penchant for not upgrading figures to better sculpts, I'd say it's par for the course. However this is not just a figure that has better articulation or paint job. This is wholly a new figure. The previous release was from a mold of a different character. The new release is movie accurate.

As for myself, I built up a decent company of the 1st version. This was really the only one I had hoped Hasbro would redo as movie accurate...some day. I really didn't think they would redo it so soon. But actualy the soone the better as I'm shying away from army building now. I'll build this one up too and just have a company of the 1st and a company of the 2nd version.

I'm going to keep the differentiated in dioramas. If I need to flesh out a scene with the 1st ones augmenting the 2nd version, they'll be placed near the back and partially hidden to hide the fact that they aren't the same.

I wish I could say I was looking for more of the first run, so I could buy those off of you, but I'm done with that version. Bring on the movie accurate one. This will be one of the last figures I army build to any degree (well for me as I don't count anything less than 5-10 as army building. I'll get 40 of these new/accurate Kashyyyk clones.

Oh and BTW for everyone, note that the first run (Camo Biker Scout) was called the "Elite" Kashyyyk clone, whereas the second one (the movie accurate one) is just a Kashyyyk Clone. So I'll "pretend" that the first issue was an elite version while the other a more common grunt.

-Sal

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Better pic of the slide: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=25003&cat=5416

This wave looks interesting, but my first thought when they showed it was "what's that 2-1b, ROTS?" and "Didn't they say they were NOT going to be doing Gree and the Kashyyyk Elite Trooper any time soon?" Ultimately, I have 2 of the Elite guy and he doesn't look as good as the new version, so I'll probably buy 2 of those (mostly for Battlefront 2-themed display :D) but I'll keep the others in the background behind them. That's what I'm doing with the CTC and '95 Stormtroopers, the further back they are the less I care how they look. ;)

If I get nothing else from this wave, I'm getting 2-3 of those droids.:yes: I just hope that they're not made of the usual rubbery plastic and they don't begin to warp after only a few minutes of standing on their own.You KNOW it will be, look at the Vader's Medical Droid/Chopper Droid figure, that thing can't stand for 5 minutes anymore.

Battle Droid
08-06-2007, 03:45 PM
You KNOW it will be, look at the Vader's Medical Droid/Chopper Droid figure, that thing can't stand for 5 minutes anymore.

It looks alot better than that piece of crap, lots more articulation, and the legs aren't as thin.:D

Jargo
08-07-2007, 12:53 PM
the octuptarra droid is actually the tri-droid. the feet give it away. the tri-droid http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/tridroid/img/eu_bg.jpg has two toes with a downward facing spike behind. while the octuptarra droid http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/octuptarradroid/img/eu_bg.jpg has single toe feet similar to the chopper droid.
they're both so similar it's an easy mistake to make and there's only .1 of a meter between them in height. i actually prefer the tri-droid's feet. aside from those and the weapons i can't discern much else different between the two droids.

and the dwarf spider droid definitely needs a retool. to give it feet and change the gun to movie accurate and fix the positioning of the 'eyes'. plus lose the wind up feature. detail over gimmicks i say.

Battle Droid
08-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Tri-Droids are actually alot bigger than Octuptarra Droids, that's a mistake on their size in the Databank.

JediCole
08-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Po Nuda and the Octuparra Droid are must-haves for my collection. I may consider the Clones but when troop inflation set in at Episode III I really began to shy away from all of the various types of clones. I open all of my figures (except the Lucas Stormtrooper and R2-KT) for my display. I have collected since the original Early Bird set at the age of 12 so my vintage figures were all loose and well cared for.

I take it that 2-1B is the Episode III incarnation. I love the sculpt until I get to the wildly inaccurate (for Episode V) legs! Having just seen the original 2-1B movie prop face to face I am impressed at how accurate the upper legs were even back in the vintage years.

All in all it looks like Hasbro is off to a great start for 2008. With every obscure character they produce I am hopeful for more to follow. Senators, Cantina Patrons, Jabba's Palace Denezins, and Podracers. Not to mention even more droids!

The more that Hasbro reveals of their late 2007-early 2008 plans the more I want to know what the future holds!

Jargo
08-07-2007, 11:38 PM
well size of the octuptarra/tri-droid aside it still looks fabulous. I've got no use for it in my collection but somehow it calls out to me. don't even know if I'll buy one but it sure is nice looking.

JediTricks
08-08-2007, 02:25 AM
Tri-Droids are actually alot bigger than Octuptarra Droids, that's a mistake on their size in the Databank.
Give the man a cigar! Yeah, BD is right, the Tri-Droid is the size of a building in the movie, and not a small one either, a few stories high. By comparison, the Octuptarra is only a couple guys tall when it's standing. The official site even mentions "the tri-droids are gigantic versions of the smaller anti-infantry octuptarra droids" yet list it 0.1 meters taller. Unfortunately, it appears that confusion found its way to Hasbro's design for the octuptarra, and they made the wrong droid.

Tycho
08-08-2007, 03:51 AM
Then those were not the droids they were looking for....

Someone had to say it! :D

mabudonicus
08-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Man, what is WITH all the wacky applications of lines from the film lately?? I still laugh myself silly over Caesars "That's what your uncle told you" in response to JT's remark about someone having been a navigator on an aircraft carrier- too bad no-one else I know seems to understand- Good One tho, Tycho!!

Stil can't WAIT for an awesome pic of the Deuce tho- the video is almost written, it's gonna feature me AND the Deuce rockin all over the place :beard:
Iso & Baws

I'm serious, I CAN'T WAIT :D

JediTricks
08-09-2007, 04:46 PM
What? I gave Caes major props for that one! Then I got returned the favor with my "Ronald Reagan, the actor?!?" ref!

aussietrooper20
08-12-2007, 05:54 AM
it's good that this will be another set, cause i remember that in 2004, they sold some saga figures and then went to the OTC figures, and I think there doing the same starting with this wave first, and only releasing about 4 to 6 waves and then clone wars figures.

I like the commander gree and medical droid, especially the legs.

Battle Droid
09-29-2007, 12:31 AM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87500K

Anakin
Obi-Wan
Lava Panning Droid with Lava Sled

:D

Tycho
09-29-2007, 12:34 AM
I like the Lava thing. I'll buy 1 or 2 of those.

The Anakin / Obi-Wan figures look to be new improvements. But I have to check my collection. I think I have those characters. ;)

CaptainSolo1138
09-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Wow, that Lava Droid is the epitome of excitement! What daring adventures will young minds come up with for it?!:rolleyes:

Also, I'm not a fan of the "Let's-slap-a-Jango-head-on-everything" mentality employed by Hasbro, but that Biker Scout looking clone* is pretty sweet looking.

*The fact that I can't even remember what they're called or who the "commander" is is a good indicator of my recent feelings towards SW.

Adam
09-29-2007, 03:13 AM
Wow, that Lava Droid is the epitome of excitement! What daring adventures will young minds come up with for it?!:rolleyes:

I was feeling like this at first, but if its made so that Anakin can ride on the droid seperate from the platform, I'd probably get it.

Luuuuuuke
09-29-2007, 05:09 AM
I'll definitely get one Gree. May get two Kashyyk troopers, depending if they're an improvement over the previous ones. The rest I'll pass on. I'm mostly about clones now.

Kidhuman
09-29-2007, 07:46 AM
I preordered a case of them. Will help me with the repackas save on antother few figs as well.

jjreason
09-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Po Nudo, the panning droid and Fett clone in red jumper are my favorites.

jedi master sal
09-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Okay I know I'll get two cases of these, but here's what I ultimately want from this wave:
2x Obi-Wan Kenobi
2x Darth Vader
3x Clone Commander Gree
40x Kashyyyk Trooper
6-8x Tri-Droid
2x 2-1B Surgical Droid
2x Po Nudo
5x Clone Trooper (Poncho)
20x Clone Trooper (red training outfit)
2x Jango Fett with Poncho
3x Mustafar Panning Droid

I won't need Anakin Skywalker (Nelvaan, Clone Wars) from either case, so it will be up for trade/sale-at cost plus shipping of course.

This version of the Kashyyyk trooper is one of the last three army builders I'm planning on getting in high numbers. The other two being the Grey Coruscant commander and the SA 501st trooper (when Hasbro can get their head out of their butt and get this manufactured-I'm not buying the crap AT-TE gunner mold figure of the 501st trooper again).

-Sal

JEDIpartner
09-29-2007, 10:26 AM
I preordered a case of them. Will help me with the repackas save on antother few figs as well.

I preordered the revision one case. I figured that a couple more Ewoks and the Rebel sentry would be good for "troop building" and a little variety.

I was feeling like this at first, but if its made so that Anakin can ride on the droid seperate from the platform, I'd probably get it.

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully, they made that droid big enough that Anakin CAN ride on it. The SA figures of Anakin and Obi-Wan will help me replace some of the other Anakins and Obi-Wans in the collection. Those older ones can go to my nephew or co-worker's kid. :) So glad to have a 2-1B for the resurrection of Vader piece. WOOO!!!!!

Kidhuman
09-29-2007, 11:46 AM
JP, revision 2 has the McQuarrie Rebel Trooper in it. Might change my order.

General_Grievous
09-29-2007, 12:05 PM
The Anakin / Obi-Wan figures look to be new improvements. But I have to check my collection. I think I have those characters. ;)

The Anakin looks like a straight repack of the Evolution pack figure, and the Obi-Wan seems to be the ROTS Pilot figure, but with a new head. Still, that's not bad. I'm sort of liking the Lava Droid, and the fact that it came with the platform.

Qui-Long Gone
09-29-2007, 12:26 PM
I'll take the Anakin/Vader...I hate that they keep selling that fig in packs....

The other figs seem nice....but why to Clones keep getting those dang pistols...I want more rifles! That's what made those ROTS quick draw clones so bad @ss....optional weapons!

Would have liked to have seen the Obi as AOTC...still haven't seen a good Kenobi fig from that film....nothing will beat the red piolot ROTS fig, so why re-re-release it?

CaptainSolo1138
09-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I was feeling like this at first, but if its made so that Anakin can ride on the droid seperate from the platform, I'd probably get it.My feeling is that if that is the intention, why didn;t they just include it as a pack in with the Ani in the wave? They could've toned it down a bit to make it more economical. As it stands right now it's just another $6.99 pice of carp.

aussietrooper20
09-29-2007, 08:05 PM
I must say that this medical droid in this wave has better legs. I dont remember seeing him with these legs, unless its a sneak peak to how GL will add them later in the film.

aussietrooper20
09-29-2007, 08:25 PM
from what I've seen, I think the 3 new figures added to wave 1's list is great, plus the tri Droid was 2 version. the one on Utapau was small, while the ones on Mygetto were big.

this one in wave 1 for 2008 is the small version.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-30-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm surprised by the Mustafar figures but quite pleased.

Obi-Wan looks like he has "battle hair" (yes I care about these things) and new soft goods. He also might have new legs that aren't in such a wide stance, which would be a great change of pace.

Since he's called Darth Vader and not Anakin Skywalker, I hope this figure has red and yellow eyes. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but it sort of looks like he does. If so, I'll get it; if not, then it's the best Anakin to re-release but not for me.

I really like the lava panning droid. They likely could have included the droid with Anakin and the base with Obi-Wan, but whatever.

The other figures are really looking nice, especially Gree (with binoculars this time, thankfully).

aussietrooper20
09-30-2007, 09:46 PM
one thing I'm hoping for the Gree figure is that I hope it has a removable head to re-create that battle scene.

Also I'm going to mention the sith eyes for vader to Hasbro australia, so I think everyone should do the same to there countrys hasbro too.

General_Grievous
10-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Has 2008 wave 2 been announced?

CaptainSolo1138
10-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Has 2008 wave 2 been announced?I don't know, but I bet it breaks down as such:

8 Clones
4 EU something-or-others
15 Repacks...err..."Legends"
1 Decent figure that will come one per case

tagmac
10-01-2007, 12:36 PM
This one came out of left field! Looks good, but it would be nice if the wave had all new figs, without the re-packs. Ah well, what can you do.

TheRealDubya
10-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Are the Kenobi and Anakin head sculpts new? They look great.

master J
10-01-2007, 02:11 PM
I wonder if the obi-wan will have lava damage to his clothes? that would be great!

JEDIpartner
10-01-2007, 02:50 PM
JP, revision 2 has the McQuarrie Rebel Trooper in it. Might change my order.

I know... I considered it, but I have no interest in the duplicates from that wave. I will try to find a second McQuarrie Rebel Trooper elsewhere. :)

aussietrooper20
10-01-2007, 09:46 PM
these figures are really upgraded version since hasbro continue to improve there figures.

I'm hoping that wave 2 get's revealed soon.

Battle Droid
10-01-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm hoping that wave 2 get's revealed soon.

Wave 2 is the Force Unleashed Wave, which we've seen already.

Tycho
10-02-2007, 04:23 PM
The Anakin looks like a straight repack of the Evolution pack figure, and the Obi-Wan seems to be the ROTS Pilot figure, but with a new head. Still, that's not bad. I'm sort of liking the Lava Droid, and the fact that it came with the platform.

I would love a repack of the AOTC Anakin Evolutions figure. I still want 8 of those but don't need Vader or E3 Anakin.

I also agree with General Grievous that we need a great AOTC Obi-Wan with Jedi cloak and awesome mullet hairstyle!

General_Grievous
10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't know, but I bet it breaks down as such:

8 Clones
4 EU something-or-others
15 Repacks...err..."Legends"
1 Decent figure that will come one per case
Ehh...that's lame.

Are the Kenobi and Anakin head sculpts new? They look great.
Obi-Wan's head is new. Not sure about Anakin's.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Obi-Wan's head is new. Not sure about Anakin's.
It looks like his hair is darker and his eyes are red and yellow, but who knows for sure.

aussietrooper20
10-03-2007, 07:13 PM
I'd like to know the force unleashed figures for wave 2.

Qui-Long Gone
10-03-2007, 11:29 PM
I also agree with General Grievous that we need a great AOTC Obi-Wan with Jedi cloak and awesome mullet hairstyle!

Agreed!!!!:thumbsup:

Man they always crapped up that figure in EVERY version....plus a TPM with some more articulation would be nice....

aussietrooper20
10-04-2007, 06:37 AM
since these figures will have coins, I wonder if there will be another coin binder since this years can only carry 2007's coins.

TheRealDubya
10-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Actually, they won't have coins. The coins end in 2007. I think they're being replaced with figure stands.

aussietrooper20
10-04-2007, 10:02 PM
I dont think there will be figure stands since the obi-wan and vader figures will stand on those mustafar droid set.

Qui-Long Gone
10-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Why did they stop with stands?

How are coins a better option?

TheRealDubya
10-05-2007, 02:20 AM
Why did they stop with stands?

How are coins a better option?

They should have done both -- last year they did the min-holo-fig AND the stand. I love the coins though.

aussietrooper20
10-05-2007, 06:28 PM
since this set for 2008 will be short, non will have a stand from what I know.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2007, 06:45 PM
since this set for 2008 will be short, non will have a stand from what I know.
They will ALL have stands.

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 11:13 PM
And they're the same TSC stands, as I understand it.

aussietrooper20
10-08-2007, 02:47 AM
where did you hear about stands being with this set?

Also Palpatine with force lighting will be part of the force unleashed figures.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-08-2007, 10:48 AM
An easy pass on all of them, just like this years Wave 1, or almost the whole TAC collection at that.

Blue2th
10-08-2007, 12:49 PM
where did you hear about stands being with this set?

I think this was answered in the Hasbro Q&A.

I bought the 40 pack stands from Hasbro.com, and thinking about getting more, as I already ran out of the Expanded Universe ones.
I'll be happy to get stands again with the name printed on the stand.
There aren't 2 Biggs Darklighters stickers in the 40 pk... but there sure are two Biggs figures.... hmm.

I love the coins, it's alot of fun, and I'm sure a good marketing gimmick. I'll hate to see them go.

JediTricks
10-08-2007, 08:04 PM
where did you hear about stands being with this set?Sept 14th:
JediDefender.com: Talk popped up during SDCC that the 2008 waves of 30AC basic figures would go back to using stands in pack-ins instead of the coins. Since you’ve already confirmed the first wave of figures for 2008, can you confirm for us that stands will be the 2008 pack-in prize?
Hasbro: Beginning with the Wave 1 2008 figures, which should be on shelf around February, stands (same as the 2006 TSC line with printed names) will be the pack-in. This will run through the Spring basic figure line.

aussietrooper20
10-09-2007, 10:33 AM
well I think the stands that were a part of the saga collections were bad, but I did like that grass one with the at-te gunner.

Battle Droid
10-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Some bigger pics of the three new figures.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Some bigger pics of the three new figures.

Is that an all new anakin and obi wan? The anakin looks like the evolutions one, and obi looks like the pilot mold, but im not sure...???

Blue2th
10-16-2007, 12:29 PM
The Pilot Obi-Wan and Evolutions Anakin should be the ones released.
Only they need to have Mustafar battle-damage. Then there would be a reason to get them, for me anyways.

I think that battle damaged ones were requested a while back in the Q&A.

El Chuxter
10-16-2007, 12:29 PM
God, will they just lose the frigging Pilot Obi-Wan sculpt already? That has to be the single most overrated piece of s*** Hasbro has ever produced. It's a great figure... if you don't care that his legs are almost entirely without detail, narrower than chopsticks, and made of rubber.

Qui-Long Gone
10-16-2007, 07:56 PM
I agree it's an overused figure but disagree...it is one of the finest figures.

Agree on the chicken legs...

Am I the only one who hates the balljoint heads on figures who do not have helmets? They work well on troopers, Fetts, etc. but ALWAYS LOOK LIKE SH## ON EVERYONE ELSE...name one figure without a helmet who looks better with a ball joint head. None.

Battle Droid
10-16-2007, 08:21 PM
StarWarsShop.com is listing Obi-Wan & Vader as coming on Lava Platforms, so does that mean the Lava Droid doesn't come with anything, and the platform in the pic is the one that comes with them?

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=414472;category_id=;pcid1=; pcid2=

aussietrooper20
10-17-2007, 02:10 AM
The thing is that this is not the anakin figure, but really Darth Vader cause from the moment palpatine named anakin Vader, anakin became Darth vader.

JediTricks
10-17-2007, 04:54 AM
That does appear to be Evo Anakin, the head looks to be the same with its flaws (big jaw, too much forehead) and the body doesn't seem any different with its odd plastic/cloth matchup, diagonal-cut elbows, and oversized cuffs.

I'm not sure if that's the Obi-Wan Pilot body, but it's not a straight reuse because the "skirt" is cloth and looks preggo - it could be the same upper body and legs but a new lower torso and waist.

TheDarthVader
10-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Unless new pictures surface of the final product, I am going to be passing on these three figures. BOOOORRRING Hasbro has a way of tempting us to buy the SAME figures that we have already bought in the past. Well I am putting my foot down this time. I am not going to keep buying the pilot obi wan kenobi twenty times over. I am so over this little game.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-17-2007, 04:29 PM
I'll pass on Anakin but maybe look and Obi if he has soft goods, reason being i hate the pilot is that he cant sit down very well, though other than that it's the best obi figure ever made. Has anyone heard anything else we might be seeing yet?

aussietrooper20
10-17-2007, 10:33 PM
aparently, these are inproved version and that isnt anakin but darth vader figure with red sith eyes this time.

El Chuxter
10-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Y'know, the more I think about it, the more it p***es me off that they're redoing the Kashyyyk Trooper barely a year after the first one, which I still can occasionally find at Wal-Mart. So what if he's inaccurate? Yeah, that makes him a candidate for a resculpt, but so soon? Same goes for Gree. "Oh, they painted on the suspenders! That's a travesty!" So what? Again, candidate for resculpt, but years from now. I want Ewoks, I want Cantina denizens, I want podracers, I want Jabba's courtiers, I want resculpts of characters who have needed them for longer than these clone bungholes. I am so f***ing sick of Clonetroopers and slight changes to Anakin and Obi-Wan. I want 2-1B, since he's 2-1B, and probably Po Nudo. Possibly the two droids, though it's way past the time where plastic representations of goofy little CG window dressing get me excited.

If I were rich, I'd buy all the Kashyyyk Clonetroopers and Grees and have them recycled into something useful, like hair dryers.

TheRealDubya
10-18-2007, 02:52 PM
If I were rich, I'd buy all the Kashyyyk Clonetroopers and Grees and have them recycled into something useful, like hair dryers.

I would do the same with Jerkjerrod and Naboo Pikachu. I'd make myself some new moonboots.

jedi master sal
10-18-2007, 05:50 PM
I would do the same with Jerkjerrod and Naboo Pikachu. I'd make myself some new moonboots.

Who is this Naboo Pikachu you speak of?

Kidhuman
10-18-2007, 06:24 PM
The Naboo Soldier

TheRealDubya
10-18-2007, 07:55 PM
The Naboo Soldier

Yeah, that's him. AKA, the Bane of My Hunting Existence.

JediTricks
10-18-2007, 10:15 PM
What should be annoying about Gree and the Elite Kashyyyk clone is that Hasbro said when they came out that we wouldn't see the corrected versions any time soon, then these crop up a year and a half later.

jedi master sal
10-19-2007, 06:51 AM
What should be annoying about Gree and the Elite Kashyyyk clone is that Hasbro said when they came out that we wouldn't see the corrected versions any time soon, then these crop up a year and a half later.

Exactly. Had I known then that we'd get a correct Kashyyyk trooper this soon, I wouldn't have bought over 40 of the previous version. But as this is the last army builder I want, I'll get 40 of the correct version as well. And with that, it will be my last great clone hunt. And should be my last "great" army building effort of any figure as well.

-Sal

Luuuuuuke
10-19-2007, 02:14 PM
I "only" got 5 of the original Grees because to me that was not Gree. It didn't bother me too much, but I just never really thought of these as Commander Gree. In fact, I had a Gree customized and it looks great. It's the best Gree I have right now.

So to me a corrected Gree is good news. As such, I'm only getting one of these because to me that's all you need of a commander figure, such as Cody. Finding one shouldn't be too hard.

As for my other 5 so-called Grees, they along with the Kashyyk troopers I already have will make for a nice little army.

Battle Droid
10-20-2007, 01:20 PM
CARDED PICS!

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3965.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3966.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3968.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3969.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3970.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3971.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3972.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3973.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3974.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3975.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3976.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3977.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3978.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3979.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3980.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3981.JPG

Blue2th
10-20-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm liking it! :thumbsup:

Looks like the peg-holes for Obi-Wan and Anakin are on the Mustafar Platform as was asked by a SSG forumite in the Q&A. (unless that's for the droid?)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-20-2007, 06:02 PM
That base with the panning droid looks too small.

HOLY SWEET MOTHER, that Tri-Droid looks awesome, even if it's a little inaccurate.

The image on Deuce's card is reversed so at first I thought the figure was wrong.

I hope Anakin's eyes are different colors; if not, I have no reason to get him.

The others look good.

Kidhuman
10-20-2007, 08:55 PM
They look good. I probably am not getting Anakin or Obi-Wan.

Can anyone make out who the blacked out figures are? I couldnt figure any of them out. The last one looks to be female.

jedi master sal
10-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, I was planning on getting a case of this anyway.

The Ani/Vader is meh, same with the Obi.

I'll ALL OVER that Kashyyyk clone. Last big army builder for me.

I'm digging the Gree, though I wish it were pastic suspenders instead of painted on ones.

Po Nudo is okay. Might have to pick up a couple extras of him for senate customs.

The mining droid is neat, but that platform is WAY too small.

And WOW the Tri-droid is freakin' awesome! MUCH bigger than I had thought. I'll get at least a half dozen of them. Need two for Mygeeto and the others for Utapau. I'm not too picky about them being size accurate. Besides for the diorama I plan on having them in, I can easily fake the scale size with the perspective distortion I'm incorporating into my dioramas.

El Chuxter
10-20-2007, 10:20 PM
The last one looks sort of like her head is turned and she has her hair in a bun. I'm guessing another Padme. I hope I'm right. The first one is definitely sporting some heavy armor. Almost Mandalorean from the outline. We already know that, for reasons unrevealed, the Spacetrooper was taken out of the poll, so I'm guessing it's him (if they don't put him in a comic pack). No idea on #2.

AmanaMatt
10-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the pics, but, you guys need to stop drinking when you take the shots - some are very blurry! :razz: :love:

Blue2th
10-21-2007, 09:48 AM
So, is that just a corrective repaint of Gree or a different sculpt altogether?

The Kashyyyk Trooper looks more along the lines of the Camo Trooper in the Target 2-Pack with yellow plastic. I like this new camo sceme better.

Too bad Obi-Wan doesn't look like he has any battle-damaged burnt clothes, though his hair looks a little different with sweat in his bangs, like the Mustafar scene.

Anakin-Vader's scar looks more pronounced, my guess is that he will have Sith eyes. As was said, it would make the difference on whether I would purchase him or not.

All the other droids and alien are definite buys as they are new figures, and 21B is a new sculpt. Though I still really like the old POTF2 one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-21-2007, 03:34 PM
KH and Chux, wave 2 is the Force Unleashed wave. Those look like the stormtroopers and Juno Eclipse, or something like that.

El Chuxter
10-21-2007, 03:55 PM
I forgot about that.

Guess I was wrong to hope Hasbro finally had their collective heads out of the posteriors on the whole Padme thing. :(

aussietrooper20
10-22-2007, 01:42 AM
CARDED PICS!

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3965.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3966.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3968.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3969.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3970.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3971.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3972.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3973.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3974.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3975.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3976.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3977.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3978.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3979.JPG

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3980.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbro1/100_3981.JPG

I must say these packaging are good, but the commander gree photo is a bit blury, cause I think the one who took it moved too fast.now if we can see wave 2's carded packaging.

also why is it that alot of people call the Darth Vader figure Anakin? It's Darth Vader not Anakin Skywalker.

Battle Droid
10-22-2007, 11:33 AM
New loose pics,

Gree has ball jointed hips.

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/dallas_fandays_2007/pics/images/img_1287.jpg

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/dallas_fandays_2007/pics/images/img_1123.jpg

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/dallas_fandays_2007/pics/images/img_1121.jpg

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/dallas_fandays_2007/pics/images/img_1120.jpg

The Panning Droid has a pegs also!

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/dallas_fandays_2007/pics/images/img_1288.jpg

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/dallas_fandays_2007/pics/images/img_1266.jpg

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/dallas_fandays_2007/pics/images/img_1124.jpg

AmanaMatt
10-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Finally, good pics!!!! Thanks for the links. Gree is awesome, of course, but its the ROTS 2-1b that I am lovin'!

Battle Droid
10-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Here's more loose and carded pics,

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWFD/Hasbrobasic/

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Now it looks like Anakin's head is new, which is cool. 2-1B's legs look like they're already buckling, and that's the freakin' first one! I hope they're better on the production figures.

JediTricks
10-23-2007, 06:39 PM
I don't like the sculpt on 2-1B, not only do the legs look like they're not holding up well, but the chest design seems oddly flat and the joints bulky.

Battle Droid
10-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Gree has ball-jointed wrists. That's a first for a Star Wars figure.

The Panning Droid and Platform were originally accessories for Obi-Wan & Vader, and the Droid's arms plug into the lava base.

Read it here, Rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Figure_Focus_2008_Wave_1_Revenge_of_the_Sith_10967 3.asp)

Qui-Long Gone
10-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Not sure if ball-jointed wrists are a good thing or bad....wait and see. Probably good in this case.

Sometimes ball-jointed makes a character look weird-er....especially ball-jointed head/neck.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-27-2007, 12:46 PM
im kinda mixed on the 2-1B figure i love that droid and his look but those legs are really really out of place on that droid... though ill get it anyway im sure. The pan droid and the aqualish sennator are what im looking foward to the most from this line up. Though Gree looks like it might be a cool figure to have as well.

bigbarada
10-27-2007, 01:10 PM
That Panning Droid should have just been an accessory.

As tired as I am of Clones, I do plan to get a small squad of those Biker Scouts and a couple of Commander Grees, so I'll have some troops ready for the AT-TE when it comes out. Plus I'll get a couple of those three-legged walkers, so if the AT-TE never comes out, it won't be a big deal.

Blue2th
10-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Looking at Obi-Wan, it's kind of odd the placement of just those few slashes of what I assume is battle-dammage.
Surely Hasbro can do better than that. I'd almost say it's some kinda Japanese writing, but you can actually make out the letters E and F. What the heck is that!??
We can only hope Hasbro puts a little better paint apps than what's shown. I mean how hard could it be? We've seen alot better b-d on previous figures.

I don't see Sith eyes on Anakin, so I probably won't buy him. Too bad. It would make him a definite buy for something simple for them to do.

Did we actually see the feet of 2-1B on screen, or a concept drawing in a book of them? They are odd but the figure looks like one I'll buy for sure, as well as the walker droid and lava droid.

The Senator is just another alien Senator. I need to open more Target battle-packs just to have a place for all the Senators.

bigbarada
10-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Looking at Obi-Wan, it's kind of odd the placement of just those few slashes of what I assume is battle-dammage.
Surely Hasbro can do better than that. I'd almost say it's some kinda Japanese writing, but you can actually make out the letters E and F. What the heck is that!??
We can only hope Hasbro puts a little better paint apps than what's shown. I mean how hard could it be? We've seen alot better b-d on previous figures.

A few of the figures seem to have some text stamped onto them.

Blue2th
10-27-2007, 04:56 PM
A few of the figures seem to have some text stamped onto them.

Does that mean they are prototypes, even though we've seen the card-backs?

That would actually be a good thing, as these wouldn't be the final versions, so Hasbro can get it right (they need to observe these forums)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-27-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure what "HFE" (or whatever it is) stands for, but this year, Hasbro has been writing it on most of their sample figures for shows such as this. I assume it's to track it if it gets stolen, but could be wrong.

I don't know why everyone's up-in-arms about the style of 2-1B's legs - we see them in ROTS. They look to be made of poor material, but that's a different conversation.

In the same Q&A that said Anakin's eyes are still blue (which really sucks), it also said that he has a new torso. Hopefully it's ball-jointed, otherwise I'll likely pass.

Blue2th
10-27-2007, 05:19 PM
I don't know why everyone's up-in-arms about the style of 2-1B's legs - we see them in ROTS. They look to be made of poor material, but that's a different conversation.

I don't remember them being like that? I mean the POTF2 ones aren't like those. (Do I have to watch ESB again? Not that I'm complaining. lol)
I just find them odd.
Say, 2-1B kinda looks like the "Iron Giant" or rather he looks like 2-1B. Ya think Hasbro is returning the favor with "Iron Giant" like feet?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-27-2007, 05:29 PM
I don't remember them being like that? I mean the POTF2 ones aren't like those. (Do I have to watch ESB again? Not that I'm complaining. lol)
I just find them odd.
Say, 2-1B kinda looks like the "Iron Giant" or rather he looks like 2-1B. Ya think Hasbro is returning the favor with "Iron Giant" like feet?
The ESB prop had wood sticks for legs for scenes when he was standing and no legs when he wasn't, so Kenner made them up (or used another non-film source). The new ones were invented for ROTS.

mabudonicus
10-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Yeah, remember in the months before ROTS came out Caesar started that "Mabs was right, 21B IS in ROTS!!!!!" thread?? We discussed at LENGTH what might be done with his legs, there was production discussion about whether he rolled or "walked". That discussion lead to the creation of Rockin Deuce- available on youtube :D
I am SO getting this fig- hopefully they put in alternate wooden sticks to maek him movie accurate

JediTricks
10-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Surely Hasbro can do better than that. I'd almost say it's some kinda Japanese writing, but you can actually make out the letters E and F. What the heck is that!??Samples that come out of the factory sometimes have "HFE" written on them - Hasbro Far East - either for verification or to ensure they don't get resold.

I don't see Sith eyes on Anakin, so I probably won't buy him. Too bad. It would make him a definite buy for something simple for them to do. They confirmed, not there.

Did we actually see the feet of 2-1B on screen, or a concept drawing in a book of them? They are odd but the figure looks like one I'll buy for sure, as well as the walker droid and lava droid.ROTS 2-1B has those legs in the film, barely noticeable.

Qui-Long Gone
10-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Samples that come out of the factory sometimes have "HFE" written on them -

Some of the lesser figures have HWTF written on them....:lipsrsealed:

JediTricks
10-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Some of the lesser figures have HWTF written on them....:lipsrsealed:
Maybe they should have "WHY?" on them, but that might cause employees to start sobbing uncontrollably.

AmanaMatt
10-31-2007, 01:09 AM
This Obi Wan plain Sucks! Terrible.

aussietrooper20
11-02-2007, 06:43 PM
One thing just came to me that maybe this 2-1B is the same one from episodes 5 and 6, cause he was damaged by vader in E3, so the rebels found him, and repaired him for the rebellion.

also so far, no mistaken or variant bases. all ROTS.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-03-2007, 01:07 PM
One thing just came to me that maybe this 2-1B is the same one from episodes 5 and 6, cause he was damaged by vader in E3, so the rebels found him, and repaired him for the rebellion.

also so far, no mistaken or variant bases. all ROTS.
This is most definitely not the same 2-1B. His torso is completely different . . . compare pictures of the two and you'll see that they're close but not identical.

El Chuxter
11-03-2007, 10:01 PM
He's in the witness protection program.

aussietrooper20
11-04-2007, 03:09 AM
you say the legs are different, well yes, but there are 2 ways it can be answered.

1. the rebels could have given him new legs.
2. perhaps geroge lucas will add them by CGI later on.

Tycho
11-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Just checked and there are

8 figures offered
11 purchases I plan amongst them
4 different figures I will buy as part of those eleven purchases

So half the first wave is a decent offering to me, a few multiples over.

In 2007

60 figures offered
37 of those I have plans to purchase
77 figures may be bought total, so I am still purchasing more than they are releasing

That is how I gauge the appeal of the line for the year. Hasbro made 61% of their selection appealing to me for at least 1 purchase this year, but I bought 128% of their product releases (assuming I get what I want from the TAC for the rest of the year).

So for 2008, I am buying more than they've announced they're releasing thus far, so over 100%, but only 50% of the first wave is appealing to me.

Cane_Adiss
11-06-2007, 01:57 PM
I'll pick up Po Nudo and the droids, but pass on the troopers and Jedi. Po Nudo looks amazing! Love his sculpt and articulated elbows, and I'm really glad he doesn't have a ridiculous lightsaber slash wound on his body like Cat Miin and Passel Argente did. 2-1B looks cool but I'd rather Hasbro resculpt the ESB version. hopefully they don't repackage this later on as the ESB version as there are several differences between the two. The lava droid looks cool as well, and I don't really mind that it was originally an accessory. The mini Tri-Droid looks awesome, and I hope they do an Octuptarra Droid eventually. A full size Tri-droid seems unlikely to me.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-06-2007, 03:18 PM
i plan on getting the whole wave with the exception of anakin and obi wan. I will get two-three of the troops and one commander just because, the lava droid is cool as well as it comes with the platform, which is the only reason i would even think of buying the anakin and obi's anyway. I the aqualish senator is cool as well, the spider droid thingie is cool, though overall im not real exceited by the entire wave this far, though wave 2 has my attention, and i will actually army build with it a little harder than i will the wave one troops...though my army building days may be coming to an end...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2007, 12:04 AM
you say the legs are different, well yes, but there are 2 ways it can be answered.

1. the rebels could have given him new legs.
2. perhaps geroge lucas will add them by CGI later on.
Look at the chests and overall shape of everything in that area. It's not the same droid.