PDA

View Full Version : TIE Bomber repaint?

pegger
07-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Is the TIE bomber a repaint?

It looks grey or even white in the pics....I think the previous one was blue...

Kidhuman
07-28-2007, 09:45 PM
The previous one was blue, I just looked at it tonight as I moved some stuff around.

mtriv73
07-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Well, it's just different enough that I want one. The one they're showing at SDCC looks like the best paint job yet.

DarkArtist
07-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I rather would have seen this in the 181st TIE Squadron colors with perhaps another TIE Pilot like the one that is coming with the interceptor

jedi master sal
07-29-2007, 03:27 PM
So we've only had a Bomber done in Blue then?? If that's the case and there's been no grey version, then I'll get this. Otherwise I'll pass. (if it came out in grey I'm certain I would have bought one. Just can't remember...getting old, heh heh.

Kidhuman
07-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Trust me, only one release and blue on it Sal. Looks like you are getting one. And you are so old you forgot to close the parentheses

bigbarada
07-29-2007, 03:53 PM
It's been released twice prior to this: once in the POTJ line, a second time in the Saga1 line with more extreme (annoying) battle damage paint. Both releases were bluish-grey, however.

POTJ:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/potj/potjtiebomberboxtopangle.jpg
Saga1:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/swsaga/sw02tiebomberboxfront.jpg

jjreason
07-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Well the first one is about the most solid Star Wars toy I own. I'd almost consider getting this version if it showed up in Canada - I think the light grey finish looks awesome.

pegger
07-29-2007, 08:05 PM
I just hope the colour matches with either the wing TIE or the grey large wing TIE.

At least the blue TIE matched the interceptor colour....

But it is my favorite imperial ship - I'll be picking it up...

Old Fossil
07-29-2007, 09:05 PM
I have the POTJ one... it is indeed a sturdy ship... superior in most ways to many similarly-sized ships in the line. A reissue in grey is most welcome.

Those who do not have it would do well to add it to their fleet this time around.:thumbsup:

pbarnard
07-30-2007, 02:07 PM
I rather would have seen this in the 181st TIE Squadron colors with perhaps another TIE Pilot like the one that is coming with the interceptor

Outside of the 181st being an Interceptor squadron, this version looks to be the Death Star docking bay version while the previous were the ESB versions.

Definitely my favorite of all the TIEs as well.

Jargo
07-30-2007, 07:09 PM
I did used to own the POTJ version. I gave all my TIE ships away though. it's a good solid ship but it doesn't do much. could do with a small hatch over the bomb insertion hole to stop them dropping out when the ship is inverted. perhaps even a bigger top hatch to allow you to take passengers. as i believe some TIE bombers wre in uses as cheap shuttles. even though the the actual imperial shuttle was pasted in over the top of it in ESB. there's a big fuselage with not much going on. a double fuselage. that space could be better utilised for play features. whether that be figure transport or just a cargo/payload hold.

jedi master sal
07-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Trust me, only one release and blue on it Sal. Looks like you are getting one. And you are so old you forgot to close the parentheses

Nah, I don't need no stinking closure. Heh heh

TheDarthVader
07-31-2007, 01:33 PM
If this one turns out to be grey, I am going to get it. I prefer the grey coloring of all ties as opposed to the blue. I had a bomber but got rid of it a while back. I had a feeling they were going to "update" all of these ships. So far I have one big winged blue tie, two big winged grey ties, the 30th white tie, pre-30th (saga) Darth Vader's tie, and I have two interceptors on order. All of my ties are loose except for the two grey ones. I have not opened them yet. They look sooooo purrrrrdy in that package. ;)

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 05:31 PM
It looked gray at the show, I didn't think anything of it at the time but yeah, that's what the difference was.

I too wish they would pop a cover over the bomb chute, that thing sucks when you invert the ship!