PDA

View Full Version : The Official Hasbro Fans Choice Poll 08

Kidhuman
07-30-2007, 11:32 AM
According to Hasbro Voting is to begin on August 3rd(Friday) and nothing is off limits to vote for. The figures will be in the final legends wave next spring. We can vote for any and all figures, with the final vote being on Hasbros website. I got all this from the Panel news here at SSG. If JT or Steve has any different info or further updates, please post here.

With that being said, since nothing is off limits, it means we can vote for the McQ exclusive figures to be remade onto regular cards. Ephant Mon to be repacked. I suggest to start thinking about what you need so we can get the vote up and running on Friday.

'08 Fans Choice news: Another fan choice vote over the next month, will be different, will be a final wave of 5 figs for Spring of '08. All SW Fan Sites in Q&A list will be able to participate. Sites will generate lists from within their own communities, get those lists together and do a vote from them on Hasbro.com/StarWars. Last 2 weeks of August, nothing is out, even Ephant Mon. Kicks off Aug 3rd

Beast
07-30-2007, 11:40 AM
So it's only for repackaging figures, not for anything new? Yawntastic.

figrin bran
07-30-2007, 11:46 AM
it's great that they're including every SW site out there for this and not just limiting the poll to just one.

i agree with KH. Ephant Mon definitely needs a repack.

Beast
07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
I have no clue how he lost the last time, I don't recall him being put up against anyone incredibly interesting that should have caused him to lose. Wasn't it the 'Yellow Clonetrooper' he lost to in the first round? Seemed pretty fishy the last time.

mtriv73
07-30-2007, 12:06 PM
He-man Luke (must be ss/lt) and Monkey faced Leia!

Seriously,
1. Zev Senesca
2. Beru Lars with Moisture Vaporator
3. Owen Lars with Moisture Vaporator
4. Dr. Evazan (hopefully they'll be so embarrassed by the old one that we'll get a new sculpt.
5. Royal Handmaidens (I never saw/got enough of these.)

Kidhuman
07-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Beast, in the last poll run off, it was RS ony voting. I dont think Ephant was included then.

Beast
07-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Beast, in the last poll run off, it was RS ony voting. I dont think Ephant was included then.
Yeah he was. He lost in the first round of voting if I recall.

He was the #1 vote getter of the Saga version of the poll.

1) Ephant Mon
2) Clone Trooper (Republic Gunship Pilot)
3) R4-I9 (Imperial Forces)
4) R3-A2 (The Battle of Hoth)
5) Battle Droid (Arena Battle) (2 versions)
6) Coleman Trebor
7) Sandtrooper Troop Builder (4 versions)
8) AT-ST Driver (Imperial Forces)

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Greatest_Hits_2007_Fan_Favorites_Round_1_Results_1 00933.asp

And then lost to the Coruscant Clone Commander (Evolutions).

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Saga_Legends_Fans_Choice_Showdown_4_Still_Time_To_ Vote_101442.asp

Kidhuman
07-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I thought HAsbro said he was off limits then, so I dunno. I never visited RS when they did the poll.

The Owen and Beru with Vaparators is a good idea.

I just dont want a bunch of clones and Army Builders again. I am gonna go with Padme Accension gun for sure as one of mine.

Beast
07-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Agreed, after all the repackaged clones people need to choose some actual HTF figures this time. Ephant Mon, Padme w/ Ascention Gun, Swimming Jar Jar. :D

Kidhuman
07-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Hasbro will continue to release clones and army builders until the line ends. We have gotten Stormtrooeprs every year for awhile now. This poll needs to be about the HTF figs, Sio Bibble, Padme Accension, Swimming JJB etc....

pegger
07-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Does that mean Jorg Sacul is open game too?

Beast
07-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Does that mean Jorg Sacul is open game too?
Last time he wasn't. Probably due to some agreement with Lucas.

I saw that on Rebelscum. So not sure, they said that nothing is out this time.

Kidhuman
07-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Hell, I will vote for Sacul, even the George in Stormtrooper outfit.

pegger
07-30-2007, 03:21 PM
I think in the RS poll they said something to the effect that *SOME* things had to remain as exclusives...and the nixed him...

But if EVERYTHING is on the table, I'd vote for him. I'd love to have an opened one.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-30-2007, 04:11 PM
1. Jorge Sacal (George Lucas as a X-wing pilot)
2. Sio Bible
3. Hand Maidens (Rabe)
4. Wuhler
5. Snow Bunny Padmae (Battle of Illum)
6. Slue Snaggle Tooth
7. Ree Yees
8. Wedge Antillies (Internet Exclusive)
9. Space MArine (POTF2 EU Collection)
10. FX-7

Honorable Mention: Ephont Man

jjreason
07-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Don't forget TC-14 - that one's still fetching some good $$ on ebay (as is the aforementioned Amidala with Ascension Gun).

darko666
07-30-2007, 05:23 PM
My main vote is for :
Oola (she deserves to have her own card)

other suggestions:
Han Solo as Stormtrooper
Jorge Sacul
Imperial Probe Droid
Prince Xizor
Dash Rendar
Sio Bibble
Slave Leia

pegger
07-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Don't forget TC-14 - that one's still fetching some good $$ on ebay (as is the aforementioned Amidala with Ascension Gun).

TC-14 is already coming out in the Legends line...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2007, 07:36 PM
These are the ones I am missing and will vote for.

*Princess Leia (Expanded Universe)
*Mara Jade
*Admiral Motti (already re-released in the Briefing Room set, so I might not vote for him again)
*Princess Leia with Sporting Blaster
*R2-B1 Astromech Droid (though I doubt they'd re-release him with the new version coming out)
*Queen Amidala (Battle)
*Sio Bibble
*Pit Droids (2-Pack)
*Covert Ops Clone Trooper
*VTAC Snowtrooper (only army builder they should add back in, all the others are already in the main line or Legends this year)

Jargo
07-30-2007, 08:02 PM
i really can't think of anything i want repacked. I can think of lots of figures that could do with tweaking and having more articulation or new arms or new heads but simple repacks - hasn't hasbro already almost repacked everything?

jjreason
07-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Good call, Pegger. Mr. JJL -the Pit Droids 2 pack is coming again as well - apparently 3 versions of it.

How 'bout R1-G4 then? That great figure definitely deserves a repack - it never came to Canada the first time.

Jargo
07-30-2007, 08:10 PM
JJL means the POTJ pit droids 2-pack I think with the superior mold droids. more solid and chunkier.

jjreason
07-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Dang, I don't even remember those ones. I remember Anakin coming with one weird turquoise one, and the ones from EpI.... I'll have to look them up.

Kidhuman
07-30-2007, 08:15 PM
How 'bout R1-G4 then? That great figure definitely deserves a repack - it never came to Canada the first time.

What makes you think it will come a 2nd time?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2007, 08:20 PM
JJL means the POTJ pit droids 2-pack I think with the superior mold droids. more solid and chunkier.
I meant the Episode I figures, but you got the idea. The last few waves of the older lines were always hard to find.

jjreason
07-30-2007, 08:25 PM

Because even after all this time, I'm not too stubborn to let go of all hope. Most of it, mind you, but not all. :razz:

Jargo
07-30-2007, 08:27 PM
oopsy my bad. just got mixed up memories of when things came out. They're definitly the best pit droids though.

I wish they could take the captain piett head and shove it on a modern Imperial officer body. Too bad they went with the bobble heads and can't do it.

Old Fossil
07-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Snowtrooper (I would not be able to resist at $7 a pop)
red R2 (from Queen's starship)
501st Airborne clone (from Order 66)
Pablo-Jill (I only saw it at retail once)
Colonel Wulf Yularen
R2-X2
Luke X-Wing (VTSC)
Chewbacca (VOTC)
AT-AT Driver (Saga) (not really needed, but I love those guys)
blue Snaggletooth (from the KMart exclusive scene)

Not that I'd actually buy each one of these, but they're ones I'd vote for.

Jargo
07-30-2007, 09:14 PM
yaddle. maybe not a great figure but I missed out on the jedi packs and she's near impossible to find now. maybe a 2-pack with Even Piell or Oppo Rancisis? or push the boat out and fit all three in one blister. if they van fit Hermie Odle in one they can do that for a weird Jedi trio.

having said that. all these ideas worth typing? how will the voting be organised?

pegger
07-30-2007, 10:12 PM

SNAP!

Probably right tho - legends haven't made it out here yet either...

pegger
07-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Colonel Wulf Yularen

Good Call.

Also ditto on the R1.

I would add any exclusive from this year. Concepts Luke, Obi Wan, Yoda and C-3P0 and R2-D2.

Umbra
07-30-2007, 11:10 PM
As of now the ones i can think of that I'd want are:

1. Jorg Sacul
2. Durge (or is it confirmed hes getting a new comic pack version?)
3. Red Arc Trooper
4. Red Twi'lek from Watto's box cinema scene
5. Exclusive Shadow Scout trooper and McFigures
6. THe McBoba version i'm probabaly not gunna find >_>

Sinscia Fat'o
07-31-2007, 03:22 PM
As of now the ones i can think of that I'd want are:

1. Jorg Sacul
2. Durge (or is it confirmed hes getting a new comic pack version?)
3. Red Arc Trooper
4. Red Twi'lek from Watto's box cinema scene
5. Exclusive Shadow Scout trooper and McFigures
6. THe McBoba version i'm probabaly not gunna find >_>

Great list forgot about the red twilek from watto's box, never could find that 3 pack. Durge would be very cool as well. and Jorg is my number one as well.

Kidhuman
07-31-2007, 03:25 PM
The Red R1 droid was recently in the Tin set for TPM. The McBoba is being put out in the UGH line also. They are 2 recently repacked figs, I cant vote for either of them. I will vote for Con Exclusives of the McQ line though.

jjreason
07-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Wasn't the red R2 unit a totally new version? As stupid as that sounds - it's not the same figure. I had a crack at that Royal Starship R2 one time for $15 and passed... I'd like to have the chance back. :upset:

Also, I realized I still need Deluxe Han with Smuggler's backpack from 1996 - anyone else up for a big organized push to get a re-release of this underrated figure? :D

JON9000
07-31-2007, 04:38 PM
VOTC Chewbacca
VTSC X-wing Luke
VTSC Snowtrooper
VTSC Bossk
VTSC IG-88
Celebration Amidala
Amidala moisture farm (or whatever they called the figure).
Final Jedi Duel Emperor (seated)

I think everyone finally has a little bit of Clone fatigue. they don't move like they used to!

DarkArtist
07-31-2007, 05:15 PM
I'd like to see the Graxel Klevan figure from Watto's Box set, Admiral Ozzel, Alpha Arc Trooper, Red Clone Wars Arc Trooper, EU SpaceTrooper, Saga Clone Pilot, Naboo Solider.

and just because I am tired of seeing them on Saga Cards Jerjerrod, Naboo Solider, Endor Rebels and General Riekan. Just Kidding.

pbarnard
07-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Jorg Sucal, EU Emperor, EU Leia, the 2 figures from Watto's box set, and VOTC Han Solo and VOTC Chewbacca. Random astromech color schemes using VOTC R2 body with tool attatchments.

It started off as a "We want Ephant Mon" thread, but has at least progressed beyond what was an available and cheaply found figure eventually.

Kidhuman
07-31-2007, 05:32 PM
The VOTC Chewie has been released again a few times, in the Early Bird set in 2005 and again after that I believe. I dont think any of the VTAC, VTSC, VTOC showuld be released or voted on here.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-31-2007, 06:42 PM
The VOTC Chewie has been released again a few times, in the Early Bird set in 2005 and again after that I believe. I dont think any of the VTAC, VTSC, VTOC showuld be released or voted on here.
He's coming in the Betrayal on Bespin pack later this year in his original form. The Early Bird set used his body but added a new head with a closed mouth and his ANH hairdo. The ESB Tin set also used his body with a new "crying" head and snow on his fur.

dindae
07-31-2007, 06:45 PM
I would vote for the AOTC clone pilot with the gun pod so I can outfit the rest of my gunships. If they want to repaint the helmets blue for a running change that would be good too. Other than that I did miss the Covert ops trooper. I don't think they will put out the Mc figures in the legends line because they continue to say they will pack these in later waves.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-31-2007, 06:58 PM
I would vote for the AOTC clone pilot with the gun pod so I can outfit the rest of my gunships. If they want to repaint the helmets blue for a running change that would be good too. Other than that I did miss the Covert ops trooper. I don't think they will put out the Mc figures in the legends line because they continue to say they will pack these in later waves.
Oooh, good call on the Clone Pilots. Though I like the Evolutions figure better, I would like a few more of the pods (at least six). I think Hasbro said they're making the blue ARC Trooper Pilot next year, but who knows for sure.

bigbarada
07-31-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm voting for Pote Snitkin, Amanaman and Ephant Mon. Hopefully they fix the side-split on Pote's cloak, though.

jjreason
07-31-2007, 10:04 PM
Good call, BigBarada, I still love that Pote Snitkin figure!!! :thumbsup:

bigbarada
07-31-2007, 11:16 PM
This also might be a great way to break up those Entertainment Earth sets. The only figure I really wanted from the Death Star Briefing was Colonel Wulf Yularen, but I don't want to buy the entire set just for him. Same with the Astromech 5-packs. I don't need ten astromech droids, but there are one or two out of those sets that I like.

Old Fossil
07-31-2007, 11:57 PM
The Red R1 droid was recently in the Tin set for TPM. The McBoba is being put out in the UGH line also. They are 2 recently repacked figs, I cant vote for either of them. I will vote for Con Exclusives of the McQ line though.

Yep, that's the version of the red droid I meant. Only reason I mentioned it is I figure not many were willing to drop $25 just to get that one figure, easily the strongest selling point of that particular tin. For $7 I'd pick up a second one; it's a really nice R2 figure.

figrin bran
08-01-2007, 12:07 AM
Commander Neyo needs to be released again. Not every WM got in the Saleucemi sets so at least let everyone have a chance to finish their Clone Commander sets.

bigbarada
08-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Commander Neyo needs to be released again. Not every WM got in the Saleucemi sets so at least let everyone have a chance to finish their Clone Commander sets.

I think we've had enough of clones, I really hope we don't see a single clonetrooper make it in this poll. If we get another clone heavy year like 2006 and 2007, it'll tank the line.

jedi master sal
08-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Okay, I'm going ALL the way back to POTF2 and working my way forawrd for these. So the list I'm giving is only in order of toyline, not desired.

POTF2:
Ree-Yees: (It's been way to long for this character. Yes, it needs an upgrade, but I know there are STILL people who have yet to get this figure. Besides it would make for great custom fodder.
Pote Snitkin: Another Jabba's Palace Alien that was limited. Good BIG figure.
Aunt Beru: It's been a long time for her as well. She wasn't long on the pegs that I recall. She might not do so well single carded again, but in a "Lars Family homestead" pack with Owen would work very well.
Probe Droid: Okay yes it's not the greatest, but I doubt Hasbro is going to remake this one. So instead of the stupid orange firing missle, paint it black and call it a day. Ther have been figures as big as this one, so the Probe droid could easily come out on card.
Wuher: Take a look at this figure. Does it not look like a middle aged fanoby trying to be a Jedi?? ha ha. Okay seriously though, I don't recall him being to easy to get before. He IS dressed similar to a Jedi without the outer robe on. So this might be good for customs as well as for those who actually never got the figure. (I'm talking newer collectors and kids. This did come out in 2000 afterall.)
Ewok (That came with the "Complete Galaxy" set): Another Ewok. Whitish yellow fur. Comes with the hanglider I'm pretty certain this would do well at retail.

Shadows of the Empire:
Luke Skywalker (In Imperial Guard Disguise): Just a cool looking figure. It would do better with added articulation, but even then, I still find myself wanting more of this figure for a troop. There are custom possibilities since it's a figure who's helmet comes off.

Episode I:
Anakin (Jedi): A decent kid figure. Would make for good customs. As I recall there was good distribution of this figure. He didn't pegwarm in my area.
Battle Droid!!!!! Okay, I've held off of Army Builders til this point, but dangit, I WANT more of this mold of Battle droid with GOOD STRONG plastic. I prefer the clean and dirty variants. I'm not one for same battle damage on troop type figures.
I so want to say the Gungan Warrior, but can't due to very poor articulation. If this figure was upgarded with elbow, knee and ankle joints then I'd say hell yeah.
Graxol Kelvyyn (From the "Watto's Box" set): Very tall figure. It was unique. Still gets some dollars on the Bay. Yes it's a blink and you miss character, but this will prolly be the last time we have a chance to see it made again.

Power of the Jedi:
Security Battle droid: Another VERY good battle droid mold. My second favorite. Heck use this mold for both the regular and security versions and save pulling a mold.
Rorworr (Wookiee Scout) From the "INVASION OF THEED Adventure Game": This was a very hard figure to get as it has only been available with the game and that game wasn't around for too long and many people at the time didn't even know about it. Its a decent figure for a younger wookiee. Certainly adds some variety to the Wookiee ranks, in amongst those behemoths from ROTS, lol.

Star Tours:
R3-D3
R4-M9
R5-D2
All three of these, because the can easily fit with continuity of droids in the saga. R3 is a clear domed astro droid, while R4 is the conical topped droid in white and teal, and R5 being a close cousin to R5-D4 except it has two "eyes" instead of 3.

SAGA (The first one):
EWOK with Attack Glider (Assault on Endor): Yet another Ewok with a glider. This one with a better glider. It has dark fur (and would blend in better than the other one). I'd be happy with either, but prefer this one of the two.

Nothing from Clone Wars, Clone War Animated, or OTC.

ROTS:
Shadowtrooper: (This is the one with the same markings as the Utapau trooper but in black and grey instead of white and orange.) It was a Target Exclusive. I'd still like to build a small squad of these. This could be a short pack.
CovertOps trooper: This is the one with a grey/purple sheen to it. It was a StarWarsShop.com exclusive. This could be a short pack.
Anakin EPIII (From the Evolutions set): Good articulation, maybe the best to date.

Saga 2:
Sunfac: ONLY if he can be redressed as a generic Geonosian warrior. We need one with good articulation and this figure has that.
Baron Papanoida: Hey! It's George Lucas afterall! I think many would have preferred him to come on a single card instead of in the set. Thus why the set never did well in sales. Well that and the fact that it included a previously released figure and Lucas's two daughters. Neither or which is desireable as an action figure. No diss intended ladies...
R2-C4: (Yellow R2 unit): Was seen in the movie on the Naboo craft. Looks just like R2 except in yellow instead of blue.
R2-Q2: Bigg's grey R2 unit!
R2-X2: Serves with Red 10 at the Battle of Yavin. This is the black with white dome (and black stripes) R2 unit. Very cool. IMO
R2-M5: Maroon R2 unit, also on the Queens Ship (Naboo)
R2-A6: Green R2 unit, also on the Queens Ship (Naboo)
General Tagge: Would have been nice to get this one single carded so I didn't have to buy Vader again, or that crappy Tarkin Redux.
Chief Bast: Just please come with a removable hat now!!! Again would have been better single carded.
Colonel Wulf Yularen: The white dressed Imperial in the Death Star Briefing room. And the third from this set that should have been single carded.

TAC:
R2-R9: From the EPI tin. Red R2 Unit. Was only ever released before with the Queen's ship. This has never been on card by itself before. Many passed the first time becauase they didn't want to pay $100 for the ship. Many passed it up a second time, because they didn't want to buy the tin. It's about time we get this on card by itself.
Clone Trooper Leiutenant: From EPII tin, it is the version whose helmet can be removed. I want this figure, but didn't want to get the whole tin set for it!
AT-RT driver: The all white one from the EPIII tin set. A good idea for a paint variant. This needs to be single card.
Scout trooper: from the ROTJ tin set. I'd like to have at last one of the flip top visor Scout troopers. I'm not buy a whole set just for this one fig. It should be single carded as well.

So there we have it. My list is not loaded with troopers. Yes it has some, but more obsure/unique ones. Several droids made the list too, but overall I think I picked a good mix of figures.

So that's what I'd like to see rereleased.

-Sal

Jargo
08-01-2007, 11:56 AM
AT-ST driver from the Imperial forces battlepack. With the helmet from the Saga Han in AT-ST driver disguise.
Ishi Tib.
VTSC tusken raider
Ewok and glider. though not the galaxy globe one which was pants.
30AC flying R2 without the pants paint apps.
R1-G4 without the silver thing on the top of the dome. it was a magnetic coupling used to lower the droid to the ground not an antenna.
Pablo Jill
Senator Yarua.

figrin bran
08-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for mentioning it Sal,

I do want more of the Clone Wars animated white Clone Troopers...I have 3-4 of them...not much of an army at all plus I need some to give legs to the Clone Wars animated bust ups.

JON9000
08-01-2007, 12:39 PM

Why not? I think they are perfect candidates... they were overpriced upon release and represent excellent figures, in many cases. If you wanted VOTC Chewie, you had to either get him on a $10 card or get an early bird set which was $30 at best in most markets. The later release was as ROTS with stupid blonde highlights.

The only reason I can see not to is to keep people who payed those outrageous prices from feeling rooked.

I believe we should get the figures that are currently too expensive to get on ebay. Ephant Mon? you can get him for $5. VOTC Chewie? More like $14.

Saga Han in AT-ST driver disguise.
VTSC tusken raider

I forgot about these guys. I want them as well!

Ree-Yees: (It's been way to long for this character. Yes, it needs an upgrade, but I know there are STILL people who have yet to get this figure. Besides it would make for great custom fodder.
Pote Snitkin: Another Jabba's Palace Alien that was limited. Good BIG figure.

although I have these two, they are both great figures and would do well.

bigbarada
08-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Why not? I think they are perfect candidates... they were overpriced upon release and represent excellent figures, in many cases. If you wanted VOTC Chewie, you had to either get him on a $10 card or get an early bird set which was $30 at best in most markets. The later release was as ROTS with stupid blonde highlights.

The VOTC Chewbacca has only been released once; but looks to be included in the upcoming Bespin Battlepack. The Early Bird version had a different head sculpt and the ROTS Chewbacca was a completely different figure, it has nothing in common with the vintage-style figure.

VOTC Chewie:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/OTC/votc04chewbaccalooseB.jpg
EP3 Chewie:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/ROTS/rots0505chewbaccaloose.jpg

Jaina Solo
08-01-2007, 02:30 PM
It kind of sucks they'll only do repacks, but at least this way we can get some GOOD ones for a change.

I'd go for:
Padme w/ascension gun and TC-14, for starters. Much as it annoys me to have to list TMP figs, but the local stores had so much overstock of the older TPM figs, we never saw these guys. One of the Jorj Sacul versions, if they'll do it

Beast
08-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Jaina, remember that TC-14 is being repackaged in the current Legends line.

TheDarthVader
08-01-2007, 05:06 PM
The ones I agree with so far: Baron Papanoida, Pablo Jill, Ephant Mon, Padme w/ acension gun, Sio Bibble

would like to add: Target Lava Vader (machine, not the man)---although I doubt they would do it since he was a limited edition...so nevermind

Beast
08-01-2007, 05:29 PM
The ones I agree with so far: Baron Papanoida, Pablo Jill, Ephant Mon, Padme w/ acension gun, Sio Bibble

would like to add: Target Lava Vader (machine, not the man)---although I doubt they would do it since he was a limited edition...so nevermind
I hope they wouldn't do it, because he's a craptastic figure in general. ;)

Devo
08-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I'd like 8D8. He's the only OT character, far as I can remember at this time, apart from Oola that I missed out on originally and have never since had the chance to acquire.

Or would this figure be a better candidate for a resculpt?

jedi master sal
08-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks for mentioning it Sal,

I do want more of the Clone Wars animated white Clone Troopers...I have 3-4 of them...not much of an army at all plus I need some to give legs to the Clone Wars animated bust ups.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. I have a bud in VA. that did some great customs using the lower half of the Animated clones with the GG Bust-Ups.

So yes, I'm 100% behind getting at least the all white Animated Clone.

I want to do this myself to and can't bring myself to destroy the Animated clones I have, so this would be a good idea. Hmmm, I even smell battle packs!! If not those then a running change including the white grunt and the red, yellow, and blue officers; AND the never before done animated GREEN officer.

Thanks for reminding me back, F_B!
-Sal

Rogue II
08-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Here are my choices:

Wedge (from internet exclusive)
Blue Snagletooth (K-mart pack, with straight bar section)
Ewok (Paploo?) w/Speeder Bike from the POTJ AT-ST set.
VTAC Snowtrooper

I'm a little suprised no one asked for the Could Car Pilot.

And if they do another re-paint wave, I'd like to see grey repaint of the TAC Death Star Trooper to pay homage to the Vintage Death Star Commander.

I'm not a carded collector, but I do have some carded figures. What's funny about that is from Sal's list, I think I have a carded Aunt Beru, Ree-Yees, Wuher, Amanaman, and Pote Snitkin. I had an extra Ephant Mon, but traded him.

figrin bran
08-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Ah yes, I forgot about that. I have a bud in VA. that did some great customs using the lower half of the Animated clones with the GG Bust-Ups.

So yes, I'm 100% behind getting at least the all white Animated Clone.

I want to do this myself to and can't bring myself to destroy the Animated clones I have, so this would be a good idea. Hmmm, I even smell battle packs!! If not those then a running change including the white grunt and the red, yellow, and blue officers; AND the never before done animated GREEN officer.

Thanks for reminding me back, F_B!
-Sal

Thanks for your support Sal! Hasbro, listen up! between Sal and myself, you'd sell TONS of these animated clones!!!

Because they're so tough to get and rather expensive, i had someone make casts of the bodies so I could give legs to the latest CW bust ups. Currently I'm working on Saesee Tinn in clone armor.

Gothiczartan
08-02-2007, 01:19 AM
I have a question about a possible luke skywalker snowspeeder pilot figure getting made into new sculpt figure.

will we see luke as a figure from ESB?

what about having the dutch vander figure retooling for ball jointed shoulders and elbows, new legs for ball jointed ankles and the black collar should be on the right leg, the torso with a life suport chest piece w/cord, can you make it removable and the cord will be attached on the left lower side of torso just like the VTSC luke x wing figure.

how about a evolution pack of rebel pilots in all new sculpts x wing pilot, snowspeeder pilot and wedge antilles (anh and rotj)

El Chuxter
08-02-2007, 01:58 AM
I'm all over Zev Senesca.

jedi master sal
08-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks for your support Sal! Hasbro, listen up! between Sal and myself, you'd sell TONS of these animated clones!!!

Because they're so tough to get and rather expensive, i had someone make casts of the bodies so I could give legs to the latest CW bust ups. Currently I'm working on Saesee Tinn in clone armor.

Here's some links to my friend's customs (he ended up having to use some of the 3-pack clone legs besides the animate clone legs, but they still came out great, IMO.)

Obi and ARC troopers:
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/seetomskate/animatedclone/?action=view&current=DSCN2559.jpg
Saesee Tiin:
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/seetomskate/animatedclone/?action=view&current=DSCN2554.jpg
Saesee and his squad:
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/seetomskate/animatedclone/?action=view&current=DSCN2557.jpg

-Sal

pegger
08-02-2007, 10:37 AM
what about having the dutch vander figure retooling for ball jointed shoulders and elbows, new legs for ball jointed ankles and the black collar should be on the right leg, the torso with a life suport chest piece w/cord, can you make it removable and the cord will be attached on the left lower side of torso just like the VTSC luke x wing figure.

Personally I would much rather have they make Tyre, or a new Red leader (which is totally inaccurate) as opposed to a reculpted Dutch. I know it isn't perfect, but it's certainly not the worst of the bunch.

how about a evolution pack of rebel pilots in all new sculpts x wing pilot, snowspeeder pilot and wedge antilles (anh and rotj)

By my notes, these are the pilots we still "need"

(I don't know all the names - feel free to add the names if you know)

ANH -
Tyre,
Red Leader
Pilot who says "I'm hit!"
Gold 5
Pilot who says "too much interference"

ESB-
Dak
Wedge in snowspeeder gear
Jansen in snowspeeder gear
Pilot who says "2 starfighter's against a Star Destoyer?"
Luke in snowspeeder gear

ROTJ
Luke in x-wing gear, with black glove
Grey Leader
Black pilot who says "She's gonna blow!"
Red 2
Wedge
X wing pilot who bets blown up inside the Death Star
A Wing pilot who says "Copy Gold Leader" (inside Death Star)
Pilot who says "There's too many of them" (Asian B-wing pilot (I think)) - I think he also says "I'm hit!!!" - if it's a different character, thne add him to my list too.

EU - I would love a Piggy in X Wing, or any of the other Rogue Squandron pilots as well. Can't think of all their names....

But in any event, I think we need more pilots.

El Chuxter
08-02-2007, 10:39 AM
We still need the old lady, the bearded dude, and the black dude from TPM, too.

pegger
08-02-2007, 10:48 AM
We still need the old lady, the bearded dude, and the black dude from TPM, too.

Well, of course.

I haven't finished my lists for the PT...mostly because it would involve me watching them again...

Gothiczartan
08-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Personally I would much rather have they make Tyre, or a new Red leader (which is totally inaccurate) as opposed to a reculpted Dutch. I know it isn't perfect, but it's certainly not the worst of the bunch.

By my notes, these are the pilots we still "need"

(I don't know all the names - feel free to add the names if you know)

ANH -
Tyre,
Red Leader
Pilot who says "I'm hit!"
Gold 5
Pilot who says "too much interference"

ESB-
Dak
Wedge in snowspeeder gear
Jansen in snowspeeder gear
Pilot who says "2 starfighter's against a Star Destoyer?"
Luke in snowspeeder gear

ROTJ
Luke in x-wing gear, with black glove
Grey Leader
Black pilot who says "She's gonna blow!"
Red 2
Wedge
X wing pilot who bets blown up inside the Death Star
A Wing pilot who says "Copy Gold Leader" (inside Death Star)
Pilot who says "There's too many of them" (Asian B-wing pilot (I think)) - I think he also says "I'm hit!!!" - if it's a different character, thne add him to my list too.

EU - I would love a Piggy in X Wing, or any of the other Rogue Squandron pilots as well. Can't think of all their names....

But in any event, I think we need more pilots.

Hey! I got an idea

how about evolution of the rouge squadron?

Gothiczartan
08-02-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm all over Zev Senesca.

we needed a zev with retooling on arms for ball jointed shoulders and elbows, new sculpt feet with ball jointed ankles, a new helmet sculpt with a thermal cap underneth if possible!

figrin bran
08-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Sal, thanks for sharing your friend's pics! Surprisingly, the legs from the realistic clones blend in quite well with the animated bust ups.

jedi master sal
08-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Sal, thanks for sharing your friend's pics! Surprisingly, the legs from the realistic clones blend in quite well with the animated bust ups.

That's what I thought. Before seeing these I was seriously considering selling off some of my 3-pack clones. But I'll hold onto some of these now for customs.

bigbarada
08-03-2007, 03:52 PM
So how exactly do we vote for the figures we want. Do we just make a list in this thread and the overworked SSG staff compiles those lists?

If that's the case then I vote for:
Pote Snitkin
Amanaman
Ephant Mon
Nikto (from "Skiff Guards" 3-pack)
Klaatu (from "Skiff Guards" 3-pack)
Tessek
Ree-Yees
Chewbacca VOTC
Colonel Wulf Yularen
Imperial Dignitary Janus Greejatus
Imperial Dignitary Kren Blista-Venee
J'Quille
Tanus Spijek
General Madine
Orrimarko (Pruneface)

I'm almost tempted to vote for Hermi Odle and Umpass Stay since, the way things are going, we'd see the Saga Legends rereleases before the VTAC releases.:rolleyes:

Old Fossil
08-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Rather heavy on ROTJ, eh, BigB?

JediTricks
08-03-2007, 04:14 PM
I just got the official info on this Fan Choice Saga Legends poll and, despite claims otherwise, there are some figures that are off-limits, and I'll post that list in the suggestions/voting thread.

I think it's going to work a lot like our Hasbro Q&A thread, numbered voting via posts, and due to the time constraints we'll have to do 2 brackets instead of more.

I'll post again in a few moments, there will be a SEPARATE THREAD for this.

JediTricks
08-03-2007, 04:58 PM
There are several on this list which can't be included because of eligibility issues, including Padme Ilum who was released after the deadline, and TC-14 who is already in the Saga Legends line, and VTAC Snowtrooper.

9. Space MArine (POTF2 EU Collection)Please clarify who you mean in the voting thread. Spacetrooper? I dunno.

Han Solo as StormtrooperI want to include that, but if it's a repaint of the Comics 2pack version, I'm not allowed, and I can't see why we'd want to go back to the POTF2 era versions or the Saga Screen Scene ones.

Imperial Probe Droid They're gonna kill me for that one, but it's in until I hear different.

Prince Xizor I assumed you meant the basic, if you meant 2pack version, LMK.

Slave LeiaWhich one? I'll put POTJ Dlx for now.

yaddle. maybe not a great figure but I missed out on the jedi packs and she's near impossible to find now. maybe a 2-pack with Even Piell or Oppo Rancisis? or push the boat out and fit all three in one blister. if they van fit Hermie Odle in one they can do that for a weird Jedi trio.I'll not push it to a 3pack, but choose one of those 2 and I'll add it to the Yaddle entry since she's a small figure.

... JT's still organizing the list

Beast
08-03-2007, 05:28 PM
... JT's still organizing the list
Talking about yourself in the third person JT? :D

JediTricks
08-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Rats! Had to pull VOTC Chewie due to that Battle Pack coming up. I put Early Bird Kit Chewie in there though.

Durge (or is it confirmed hes getting a new comic pack version?) Which version? The basic seems vastly inferior to the deluxe IMO, I'd much rather include the deluxe with a note to paint him like the basic. I'll include the deluxe for now since it's my show. ;)

Also, I realized I still need Deluxe Han with Smuggler's backpack from 1996 - anyone else up for a big organized push to get a re-release of this underrated figure? :DAww, c'mon! I'm adding it and I'm telling everybody to blame YOU! :p

Final Jedi Duel Emperor (seated)I am not adding that right now because the seat is part of the base and would not be included. Do you really want a perma-seated Emperor with no chair?

Naboo SoliderUh... the actual one named that? They're re-releasing it in red real soon so it's out. If you mean another though, LMK.

Random astromech color schemes using VOTC R2 body with tool attatchments.Can you give me anything less vague than that?

Commander Neyo needs to be released again. Not every WM got in the Saleucemi sets so at least let everyone have a chance to finish their Clone Commander sets.No can do, came out past the deadline.

Battle Droid!!!!! Okay, I've held off of Army Builders til this point, but dangit, I WANT more of this mold of Battle droid with GOOD STRONG plastic. I prefer the clean and dirty variants. I'm not one for same battle damage on troop type figures.
Ugh, no! Man, I hate that figure, it's got serious sculpt problems, lots of inaccuracies and not ONCE did the BDs actually pose that way. I'll include it, but under protest.

EWOK with Attack Glider (Assault on Endor): Yet another Ewok with a glider. This one with a better glider. It has dark fur (and would blend in better than the other one). I'd be happy with either, but prefer this one of the two.Here's the thing, this is Saga Legends, it's a basic carded size. I've been pushing it with some of these entries, but there's NO way that glider is gonna be in the set, it's HUGE. So I'm including this without the glider, he is a new fig after all, but no glider.

AT-ST driver from the Imperial forces battlepack. With the helmet from the Saga Han in AT-ST driver disguise. What set and figure are you talking about? It's not ringing a bell with me.

30AC flying R2 without the pants paint apps.Can't have it unfortunately. Can try to suggest the R4-G9 mold repainted in R2-D2 colors though. LMK.

R1-G4 without the silver thing on the top of the dome. it was a magnetic coupling used to lower the droid to the ground not an antenna. It's part of the mold though, I'll put it in there but I suspect it won't play.

Ewok (Paploo?) w/Speeder Bike from the POTJ AT-ST set. I can't include the speederbike unfortunately, but I will include the fig.

I have a question about a possible luke skywalker snowspeeder pilot figure getting made into new sculpt figure.

will we see luke as a figure from ESB?

how about a evolution pack of rebel pilots in all new sculpts x wing pilot, snowspeeder pilot and wedge antilles (anh and rotj)This is not a retools poll, just repacks - maybe if we push hard a few repaints, but that's it.

OH MAN! I'm ready finally! Look for the poll thread to go up in a few minutes.

Talking about yourself in the third person JT? :D
Sanity is overrated when you have this little amount of time to do this.

JediTricks
08-03-2007, 06:18 PM
First off, while this thread turned into a mess, it was very helpful for creating the list, so thanks to everybody who came up with figures they wanted to see.

None of the votes in THIS thread are going to be counted in the poll, so make sure you vote in the poll thread itself:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=35809

bigbarada
08-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Rather heavy on ROTJ, eh, BigB?

Of course, someone has to counter this prequel madness that still seems to be gripping people. I know it's like a flea trying to hold back a tidal wave, but if someone doesn't stand up for the original trilogy, we'll be buried up to our eyeteeth in clones, Jedi, and more clones.

Plus, ROTJ is the most underrepresented movie in the entire line.

jjreason
08-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Make it 2 fleas, BigB. If we can even stem the tide a little, we'll have done everyone a huge favor.

bigbarada
08-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Make it 2 fleas, BigB. If we can even stem the tide a little, we'll have done everyone a huge favor.

Woohoo! Fight the good fight, brother!:thumbsup:

Gothiczartan
08-04-2007, 10:49 AM
lando (VOTC) with retooling for a removable cape