View Full Version : The Simpsons Movie soundtrack
07-30-2007, 02:45 PM
That icon is meant to be a donut (ummm... poor quality...), BTW.
I picked this up ($9.99 on sale at Target). It does have the orchestral "Spider Pig" version, but no Green Day "Simpsons Theme" (I heard that'll be a single, so maybe on a GD collection? It's mainly just the "mood music" of certain scenes, except the last track (still trying to figure out where #15 "Recklessly Impulsive" would've been: cool song, though).
The "Bonus Material" is bogus: just a website link. :(
Does it have Ralph doing the 20th Century Fox fanfare ?
07-30-2007, 07:53 PM
The Green Day single is on iTunes.
08-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Does it have Ralph doing the 20th Century Fox fanfare ?Nope. I would call this a "serious" soundtrack. There's only one song with words in it (Spider Pig). It's mainly the background music. Since it's not on the Fox label, I wonder if they couldn't use the fanfare. :(
The Green Day single is on iTunes. Does that mean it won't be released as a physical single? Do they even do that anymore? Does anybody really know what time it is? (about time... oh no...)
07-07-2008, 12:07 PM
I bought the Simpsons: Testify CD of the TV show's songs and themes (hey, it had the Weird Al "Jack & Diane" parody, plus several other good songs). I have Songs in the Key of Springfield already, but I never got The Simpsons Sing the Blues. Anyone know if TSStB was also a CD compliation of TV show songs, or something else?
07-08-2008, 06:11 PM
I never got The Simpsons Sing the Blues. Anyone know if TSStB was also a CD compliation of TV show songs, or something else? I bought this CD when it first came out. The tracks on The Simpsons Sing the Blues features the cast singing R&B or early-90s rap/hip-hop songs. To my knowledge, none of the songs were actually featured on the show, with the exception of "Do The Bartman," which aired as a special music video in addition to the regular episode. "Do The Bartman" was released as a single and I remember it getting a lot of radio airplay back then.
1. Do The Bartman / writer: Bryan Loren 1990
2. School Day / writer: Chuck Berry 1957
3. Born Under a Bad Sign / writer: Booker T. Jones 1967
4. Moanin' Lisa Blues / writer: Mike Reiss, et al. 1990
5. Deep, Deep Trouble / writer: Matt Groening/DJ Jazzy Jeff 1990
6. God Bless The Child / writer: Arthur Herzog/Billie Holiday 1941
7. I Love To See You Smile / writer: Randy Newman 1989
8. Springfield Soul Stew / writer: Curt Ousley 1967
9. Look At All Those Idiots / writer: Sam Simon, et al. 1990
10. Sibling Rivalry / writer: James L. Brooks, et al. 1990
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.