PDA

View Full Version : 30AC Stormtrooper

JON9000
07-30-2007, 09:14 PM
You have come close to making the ultimate Stormtrooper. Between VOTC, 30AC, and Tantive IV, we've got some good figures, but each one is flawed. If you took the best characteristics of each you would have the ultimate trooper.

Tantive IV trooper looks the best with regards to helmet paint deco and the slightly wider stance of the legs.

VOTC and 30AC have better paint on the torso, articulation, and a nicer belt/holster.

Tantive IV and 30AC are brighter white- better.

I don't particularly like the removable helmet. It sits kinda funny and makes the trooper look as though his shoulders are hunched.

So-

Articulation: VOTC
Color: Tantive IV
Belt: VOTC
Helmet: VOTC
Stance: Tantive IV
Torso paint: VOTC
No removable Helmet

That would make the ultimate Stormtrooper. Thanks!

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 05:15 PM
I think Tantive IV version has the best sculpting as well, but I love its overall shape the best of any of the versions - pose, shoulders, helmet. The belt is wonky and there's that slot in his back and he's got no torso articulation though.

I don't care for the removable helmets either, but they do make the helmet sit nicely on the shoulders without a big ugly neck ball joint. Perhaps make the ball-joint cup smaller and sit higher up inside the helmet, best of both worlds.

But yeah, I think folks are still waiting for "the" Stormtrooper to hit, and it's so frustrating because we're so close right now.

Devo
08-06-2007, 01:02 PM
I don't think we've quite gotten a stormtrooper yet that has nailed the eyes. The VOTC looks, I dunno, kind of like it has bubble eyes...can't describe it. Just not quite right.

JediTricks
08-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Part of the problem is that the helmets are never designed after 1 film version, they try to mishmash ideas together from all 3 film versions and it ends up with the ANH lenses on the ROTJ helmets or something. Part of the problem is also that it's very hard to paint the band above the eyes without running it into the lenses, very annoying.

Devo
08-07-2007, 12:38 PM
I seem to remember a stormtrooper in ROTJ that has really droopy eye lenses. Its when the rebels are captured at the shield generator bunker and are being led back outside. Wouldn't mind a figure based on that particular stormie.

Kidhuman
08-07-2007, 02:05 PM
You have come close to making the ultimate Stormtrooper. Between VOTC, 30AC, and Tantive IV, we've got some good figures, but each one is flawed. If you took the best characteristics of each you would have the ultimate trooper.

Tantive IV trooper looks the best with regards to helmet paint deco and the slightly wider stance of the legs.

VOTC and 30AC have better paint on the torso, articulation, and a nicer belt/holster.

Tantive IV and 30AC are brighter white- better.

I don't particularly like the removable helmet. It sits kinda funny and makes the trooper look as though his shoulders are hunched.

So-

Color: Tantive IV
Belt: VOTC
Helmet: VOTC
Stance: Tantive IV
Torso paint: VOTC
No removable Helmet

That would make the ultimate Stormtrooper. Thanks!

What I find funny in this post is not 1 mention of the 30AC stormie to make the best one. :D

Sinscia Fat'o
08-07-2007, 05:43 PM
I think hasbro has done a great job on the stormtroopers. All of them they've given us has been great figures, though i understand where you'r coming from i just can't agree, espically since i like the removeable helmets.

JediTricks
08-08-2007, 12:31 AM
What I find funny in this post is not 1 mention of the 30AC stormie to make the best one. :DI've noticed a lot of distaste for that figure... mainly 'cause it disappoints on every front. :p

Devo
08-08-2007, 06:15 PM
I'll take amy stormie I can get for less than 10euro but the TAC figure wouldn't be my first choice either. I've got two and, like the VOTC, the torsos aren't as white as the limbs and the midsection articulation is very loose. Also their legs are warped due to Hasbros insistence on silly in-package poses. And the hands still can't hold the barrell of the gun - not that it'd matter because the gun would bend but still...

jedi master sal
08-10-2007, 07:51 AM
I'll take amy stormie I can get for less than 10euro but the TAC figure wouldn't be my first choice either. I've got two and, like the VOTC, the torsos aren't as white as the limbs and the midsection articulation is very loose. Also their legs are warped due to Hasbros insistence on silly in-package poses. And the hands still can't hold the barrell of the gun - not that it'd matter because the gun would bend but still...

Yeah loose articulation, bendy weapons, mish-mash of white/offwhite armor all have contributed to me not really army building this one. Not to mention the helmet is too loose to stay on properly without giving the head a little twist to the side to make the helmet fit better. However that then warps the helmet to bulge on one side of the "jaw" of the helmet.

I prolly have 10-15 of them. And yes while that is army building to some, you all know that I'm a more extreme army builder. I would have kept building this trooper had it been the definative version. Much more than a standard 40 or so that I seem to stop at for most troops.