PDA

View Full Version : August Hauls

pbarnard
08-01-2007, 11:04 AM
McQ Fett, which I'm thinking of trading away over at http://www.ffurg.com/FForums/index.php?showtopic=357&st=45

DarthQuack
08-01-2007, 11:52 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/Quack34/9004.jpg

Not a bad deal for $12 bucks, and I look awesome now too.

CaptainSolo1138
08-01-2007, 12:16 PM
"Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s" for PS2

Beast
08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
300: Two-Disc Special Edition
Monster Squad: Two-Disc 25th Anniversary Edition

And a pox on Wal-Mart for screwing up the exclusive Hot Fuzz 2-Pack. 65% of them are fullscreen, and due to crappy distribution... most areas only got FS. :p

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-01-2007, 03:34 PM
I got my Hyperspace membership kit today.

Its way better than the last one, but it still bites.

UKWildcat
08-01-2007, 11:14 PM
And a pox on Wal-Mart for screwing up the exclusive Hot Fuzz 2-Pack. 65% of them are fullscreen, and due to crappy distribution... most areas only got FS. :p

My area has only received FS versions. :mad: I heard that they are trying to fix it and redistribute more WS copies. I'll continue to check my WM on a daily basis (now that I work right across from one) and look for the WS 2 pk. :rolleyes:

Beast
08-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Comics. As per my usual...

Exiles Vol 3 #96
Marvel Spotlight World War Hulk
Marvel Tarot
New Warriors Vol 4 #3 (The Initiative Tie-In)
Spider-Man/Fantastic Four #4
Uncanny X-Men #489 (X-Men Endangered Species Part 6)
X-Men #200 David Finch Door Poster

Classic Marvel Figurine Collection Magazine #11 Phoenix
Classic Marvel Figurine Collection Magazine #13 Daredevil
Classic Marvel Figurine Collection Magazine #41 Invisible Woman
Classic Marvel Figurine Collection Magazine #42 Nightcrawler
Classic Marvel Figurine Collection Magazine #43 Medusa

General_Grievous
08-02-2007, 05:53 PM
PaRappa the Rapper for PSP.

Kick, punch, it's all in the mind...I GOTTA BELIEVE!!

DarthQuack
08-02-2007, 07:28 PM
PaRappa the Rapper for PSP.

Kick, punch, it's all in the mind...I GOTTA BELIEVE!!

Haven't seen one of those games in feels like 10 years....

bobafrett
08-02-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm so broke,I can't even buy attention.

DarthQuack
08-02-2007, 11:39 PM
For my birthday at midnight, my brother surprised me with an awesome Vintage Ewok village!!! With box as well, I'll have to take pics tomorrow, but it's freaking sweet. Everything is included......best gift I've gotten in a while.

General_Grievous
08-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Awesome, DQ! Happy Birthday! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
08-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Just ordered 3 AOTC clones from HTS. Less than 25 left get em quick

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=78&ST=SO&ID=18837&PG=1

DarthQuack
08-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Got Wave 2 of TAC in the mail today, now I'm all caught up. All McFigs as well. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
08-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Wave 3 comic 2 packs: Vader/Leia, Luke/Jade.
TAC: Stormtrooper, Jawa
VTAC Leia(2.98 at target)

Beast
08-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Red Dawn: 2-Disc Collectors Edition DVD

Superhero Squad - Wolverine vs. Sabretooth
Superhero Squad Mega Packs - Sentinel vs. Wolverine

"Wolverines!"

UKWildcat
08-03-2007, 08:25 PM
A little late, but I just got around to picking up the Star Wars stamps today.

pbarnard
08-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Bunch of polo and solid colored t-shirts. Sales Tax Free weekend for clothes in Iowa.

2 bbi Figures with the accessories I've wanted for a long time.

UKWildcat
08-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Received my Comic Con Obi/Yoda today.

Kidhuman
08-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Got my Comic Yoda/Ben today also and 2 R2-KT's(slicks stuff actually, not mine)

figrin bran
08-04-2007, 07:03 PM
1 AOTC clone
1 ROTS clone
TRU Batman exclusive 4 pack
JLU comic #36
Buffy comic #5
Cars Yeti, RPM, Tex, Bug McQueen
Lego JSF w. Hyper ring
McDonald's LOSH Superman and Timber wolf toys

Kidhuman
08-04-2007, 07:20 PM
300 DVD Widescreen

figrin bran
08-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Dark Woman/A'sharad Hett comic pack
Mara/Luke comic pack
Mcdonald's Legion Mano
$1 popcorn + soda from Target

DarthQuack
08-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Mario Strikers Charged for the Wii.

JediTricks
08-06-2007, 01:47 AM
2gb Sandisk Cruzer Micro flashdrive - $18 down from $40 at Circuit City. Packed with software I don't want, the U3 stuff won't leave. LED is too bright and orange, drive gets hot, but nice and small anyway with retractable USB plug end.

Babylon 5: The Lost Tales 1 DVD - took 3 tries to track this down, $18 at Best Buy, guy tells me if I had been there on Tues I could have gotten it signed by the stars of the movie: d'oh!!! And I had been right there that day too but didn't go in because I didn't know it was out that day.

Spider-Man 3 Glow in the Dark Venom - very good GITD even if sloppy. Black Venom is better than purple. Articulation is good but still not quite there.

2x McQuarrie Stormtrooper - thanks to mtriv73 for getting me these, I wanted a small squad.

Laptop surge protector - $5 on clearance from $20, Target. Conveniently small.

TAC Commemorative Tin ANH set - $5 on clearance from Target. Figs are ok, not thrilling but a good set. Tin is what I expected, not much. J-hooks caught me by surprise.

A trip to Tycho's house punctuated by violent rushes out the door to the San Diego Convention Center for hours of wall-to-wall people and missing every good panel scheduled.

Some cool new buddies.

Oh, and this stuff I got at SDCC: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8452/img0003aek4.jpg

And the 3.5' duffel I had to buy to get it all home on the train:
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9201/img0004apl6.jpg
(the bag in the lower right is my 20" gym bag I took to the con with my clothes and stuff inside, for a sense of scale)

bobafrett
08-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Arrived in the mail today the Comic Con MQ Ben and Yoda! Awesome, my first catch of the month!

pbarnard
08-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Bunch of Marauder Inc stuff from the new wave. Planning on making some Star Wars rifles from this stuff that'll post up in my customs thread.

DarthQuack
08-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Got my McYoda and McObiwan as well today.

Blue2th
08-06-2007, 02:15 PM
At Target yesterday:
Forces of Valor Military Diecast 1/72:
Blackhawk Helicopter
Dragon Wagon
LST Landing Craft
These are the new ones in the long boxes.

Oh yeah, I did see the new Star Wars Comic packs there as well, but didn't buy them as the only ones left had bent cards and bad paint etc.. I'm liking the "Heir to the Empire" one with Luke and Mara. I would have bought at least one of those for loose display if I could have found one without Mara's Lightsaber hilt all bent in her hand like a Dooku hilt. I don't think it's suposed to be that way. Then again I can't remember in the story if it's suppose to be lavender either.

Kidhuman
08-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Picked up another TAC Stormtrooper

bobafrett
08-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Arrived in the mail today the Comic Con MQ Ben and Yoda! Awesome, my first catch of the month!

BTW, it came from a fellow forumite here, so I'd like to thank her, otherwise I would not have this fine addition to my collection!

JetsAndHeels
08-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Box of score nfl football
Lightning Lad LOSH mcdonalds toy
Robot Heroes Prime/Unicron set (thanks to el chuxter)

figrin bran
08-06-2007, 09:32 PM
blaster box of Upper Deck Football
Superman dogtags

mtriv73
08-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Rome Season 2 and a filter for the water system on my refrigerator :thumbsup:

Exciting stuff!

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-07-2007, 11:55 AM
4 tickets to see Gordon Lightfoot:thumbsup:

pbarnard
08-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Ashrad Hett/Dark Woman Comic Pack
Luke and Mara Comic Pack
Titanium BSG Pegasus

Beast
08-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Dusturbia (WS) DVD
TMNT - 2-Disc Deluxe Edition DVD (Target Exclusive)

General_Grievous
08-07-2007, 02:29 PM
The Simpsons: The Complete Tenth Season

Blue2th
08-07-2007, 04:05 PM
4 tickets to see Gordon Lightfoot:thumbsup:
"The legend lives on from the Chippiwah on down to the big lake they call Gitcheegoomee"
I love saying that in a simulated Canadian accent.

After getting me a 1/64 SDCC HW Batmobile last week on eBay, (people are going nuts over them now) I found the old 2-pk Batmobile set with the armored Batmobile and bought it also.

JetsAndHeels
08-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Box of Fleer nfl football
Hobby box of topps nfl football
TMNT 2-disc (target)
LOSH Superman figure from McDonalds

Ji'dai
08-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Conjured some NECA Harry Potter 7" figures today:

Death Eater version A
Death Eater version B
Dementor
Sirius Black

expecto patronum!

EDIT: bugger, forgot I also nabbed a NECA Cannibal King Jack Sparrow too

Jargo
08-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Saitek Eclipse II keyboard with backlight in blue or red or purple depending on your mood.
Advent wireless mouse with quad scroll button.

bunch of Doctor who figures:
Flight control Tardis with motion sensor activated sounds and lights.
Tenth Doctor in stripey suit.
Rose and K9.
Dalek Sek.
Dalek Thay with panels missing on his tush.
Assault Dalek.
Last Dalek with mutant reveal.
Cyber controller with throne and two Cybermen guards.
Moxx of Balhoon with two spider robots.

I'm gonna be in heaps of trouble for using my credit card. I'm not really in the mood to care though. I have cool toys to play with.

Blue2th
08-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Hastings has the 1/350 scale Polar Lights Enterprise Refit (or A) for half off from $59.00 to $29.00. So I bought one today.
I've seen pictures of one assembled and they're 37 inches long! That's over a yard. That's huge.
Don't know when I'll have time to put it together, but I couldn't pass on that as I've been wanting one for a while.

I also saw that some of the Star Wars Sideshow 12" figures were half off at $25.00. I already have the exclusives, but that's a good deal if any of you guys live near a Hastings.
I forgot to check the MR Lightsaber prices though. Need to do that in case they are on sale. Like to get a Yoda FX

JediTricks
08-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Hastings has the 1/350 scale Polar Lights Enterprise Refit (or A) for half off from $59.00 to $29.00. So I bought one today.
I've seen pictures of one assembled and they're 37 inches long! That's over a yard. That's huge.
Don't know when I'll have time to put it together, but I couldn't pass on that as I've been wanting one for a while.

I also saw that some of the Star Wars Sideshow 12" figures were half off at $25.00. I already have the exclusives, but that's a good deal if any of you guys live near a Hastings.
I forgot to check the MR Lightsaber prices though. Need to do that in case they are on sale. Like to get a Yoda FX
Curses to Hastings for not being in my area!!! The closest ones are in the next state over. Man are those good gets.

Kidhuman
08-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Futurama Season 1 DVD

Ji'dai
08-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Simpsons 10th Season x2

Beast
08-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Comics Haul...

Avengers Classics #3
Exiles Vol 3 #97
Gen 13 Vol 4 #11
New Avengers #33
Ultimate X-Men #85

Very annoyed. My shop had a bunch of boxes get delievered damaged. So 3 of my books I couldn't even get, and have to wait for replacements. Meh. :(

JetsAndHeels
08-08-2007, 05:29 PM
DC Superfriends Superman w/space crane figure
GIJoe 25th ann Storm Shadow figure
National Lampoon's Animal House dvd ($3.99 at target)
TMNT Season 5 (old toon) dvd set
TMNT Fast Forward dvd vol. 2

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-08-2007, 05:45 PM
*Darth Vader's Sith Starfighter
*POTF2 A-wing (waiting to ship)
*Legends Sandtrooper
*Legends maroon Battle Droids
*Legends 501st Trooper
*2 Legends Shock Troopers
*McQuarrie Chewbacca
*Futurama Bender shirt
*Sirius Black shirt (waiting to ship)
*HP Dementor figure (waiting to ship)
*David Gilmour's About Face CD

Yep. :yes:

UKWildcat
08-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Received my R2-KT and Shadow Scout today.

figrin bran
08-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Burger King Homer toy
from a trade with another collector, JLU Barda. still need the 3 pack for Deadshot though

Blue2th
08-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Nothing Star Wars lately. Still waiting for my Mcfigures to arrive from SW shop and Hasbro.com.

Did manage to buy some Greenlight 1/64 cars that Target just now started carrying. They are super-detailed more along the lines of Johnny Lightning (but better detailed if you can believe that) which they are putting next to as a direct competitor. It's a new company.

They have a chase vehicle kinda like a treasure-hunt or a White Lightning called a Green Machine. Which are limited to about 70 vehicles in the whole run, are numbered and painted metallic green. Though even the regular versions of cars are numbered. I managed to find a Barrett-Jackson 69 Ford Mustang 429 Geen Machine. This is the Holy Grail of this run, and worth about $100+. Not bad for a $3.99 car. Not that I would scalp it anyways cause I collect them.

It was amusing to see the Hot Wheels guys waiting for the stockers to open the cases of cars (that were already opened by someone) yet they knew nothing about the Greenlights. HaHa!

JediTricks
08-09-2007, 03:39 PM
2th, where are those hitting? I haven't heard about them.

Blue2th
08-09-2007, 04:29 PM
2th, where are those hitting? I haven't heard about them.

Just this week at all Targets in my area. It was anounced by Greenlight as sometime in August I do believe. Still I was taken by suprise when I saw them. They're pretty cool if you like the realism die-cast body and chassis thing. http://www.greenlighttoys.com/

JetsAndHeels
08-09-2007, 04:36 PM
2 boxes of upper deck nfl football

darko666
08-09-2007, 06:58 PM
The Riddle Grave (https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/images/product/6/158/RiddleGrave_small/productDetail.png)(i love this)
GI JOE 25th Anniversary COBRA Set
GI JOE 25th Anniversary Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Flint, Cobra Commander
Sigma 6 Cobra Commander
Sigma 6 Zartan
Saga Boba Fett
Saga Holograhic Darth Maul
Legends Darth Maul
McChewie
McDroids
McObi/Yoda
R2-KT
Shadow Scout

Kidhuman
08-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Another TAC Stormie

darko666
08-09-2007, 10:29 PM
[b]Death Eater version A
Death Eater version B
Dementor

where did you buy those? i know Borders carries them, but do any other stores have them? thanks.

Jargo
08-10-2007, 10:02 AM
I've been bad and bought more Doctor Who figures.

Tenth doctor in his long coat
Ninth doctor
Cassandra with three spider robots
Face of Boe
Cyberman with arm gun x2
RC dalek set with black and gold and bronze and gold dalek and Cyberman with removable chest plate.

Aside from the comic con battle damaged Cyberman i think i have one of each variant dalek and Cyberman now. Just want to get the Slitheen with space pig and series one Rose and Dalek Sek human hybrid and I think I'll be done for a while. although The tenth doctor in blue suit with 3D glasses and Martha look tempting.......

JediTricks
08-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Just this week at all Targets in my area. It was anounced by Greenlight as sometime in August I do believe. Still I was taken by suprise when I saw them. They're pretty cool if you like the realism die-cast body and chassis thing. http://www.greenlighttoys.com/
Ah, good to know, thanks! That might explain why Target's been thinning their Johnny Lightning pegs the past few months. The site has some good pics, I am not sold on the wheels yet but the 1:64 bodies look pretty nice overall. Not into those 1:24th or 1:18th yet, I hope they look better in person.

darko666
08-10-2007, 04:39 PM
GI JOE 25th Anniversary Cobra Officer
NECA Snape(Borders Exclusive) (bought this for a friend)
NECA Voldemort

General_Grievous
08-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Went to Borders today (hey, Darko did too...whaddaya know?) and picked up NECA Voldemort and the 4 inch three pack of Harry, Hermione and Ron w/ Marauder's Map.

Also bought Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest from the iTunes store for my video iPod. That should come in handy.

Ji'dai
08-10-2007, 08:24 PM
where did you buy those? i know Borders carries them, but do any other stores have them? thanks. I bought them at Spencers. I've seen the Goblet of Fire series at Hot Topic a few months ago and the Order of the Phoenix series at FYE. The local Waldenbooks, which I didn't realize is part of Borders, has a few Tri-Wizard Harrys so they probably had the others too. I've seen the 18" Harry around here but not the Graveyard Duel or Hagrid yet.

darko666
08-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Spencers, Hot Topic, FYE, Waldenbooks

thank you for the info.

i should have figured they would be at Hot Topic. i avoid that place like the plague, but i may have to venture in to see if i can find the Dementor and Death Eaters. but i will check FYE and Waldenbooks first. luckily the mall has all these stores.

figrin bran
08-10-2007, 11:22 PM
McDonalds LOSH Superman
another Dark Woman/A'Sharad comic pack

DarthQuack
08-10-2007, 11:50 PM
A few DVD's at Wal-Mart after getting out of work tonight.

Smallville Season 5(at a nice price of 21 bucks!)
Robin Hood
Muppet Show Season 2

jedi master sal
08-11-2007, 04:18 AM
So I'm in Wal*Mart with my fiancee last night. She's over in the food section getting lunch stuff for me for the next work week, and of course I'm over in the toy section.
I happen on over to the Transformers section and what do I see?
This:
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&SBR=56&ID=20237

Now I've wanted it since seeing it online, but didn't think I'd have a chance to get it as I'm on a tight toy budget until the beginning of September due to a lot of deals I have in progress. But I figure, what the heck I'll show it to her so she knows what I want for my birthday, which is the 28th of this month.

So with that (and an "ARCEE" Transformers fig-the purple deluxe one, not the small blue one that's only a Target Exclusive) in hand, I march on over to the food section to find her.

As I approach her, I exclaim that I have found what I want for my birthday.

So she says to me, well, you can have that or this... It was a "Chicago" greatest hits CD, something I've been wanting for awhile. However, when faced with getting the Ultimate Bumblebee or a CD, well I think you all know which one I picked.

I can't believe she actually bought it for me last night. I really didn't think she would, but would just look at it and say something like "yeah right," and would log it away until closer to my birthday.

All I can say is she's awesome. Good news is we got it for $10 less that what it's listed at on Hasbro's site, plus of course no shipping cost.

It's freakin' amazing. Plays quite a number of sound bites from songs and sayings. Some of the sayings are hokey and aren't the movie voice, but I'm SO willing to over look that, as the sounds that do match are spot on, and besides, it's freakin' HUGE. Bigger than the "Leader" sized Megatron I have. And it completely transforms from robot to car.

It's sweet looking in either mode. And heavy. As the car, it's REALLY compact. When you roll it across the floor (or as I did-spin the wheels) the engine revs up as if speeding up and then once you hit a certain "speed," it plays a song snippet.

I have to say this is by far my most favorite Transformers toy of all time, even going back to my childhood with the Gen1 stuff. (Sorry Jetfire and original Optimus Prime...)

So yeah, that and two comic packs (Vader/Leia, A'Sharad Hett/Dark Woman) were my haul from last night. And she bought that stuff for me to-but as a payback deal. Still she's very cool for doing that for me.

Call me a sap, but you gotta love a woman who totally gets collecting.

-Sal

TeeEye7
08-11-2007, 05:00 AM
I can't believe she actually bought it for me last night. I really didn't think she would, but would just look at it and say something like "yeah right," and would log it away until closer to my birthday.

All I can say is she's awesome.

She's obviously a keeper, Sal! :thumbsup: I'm lucky to married to one wonderful lady just like that.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the find, and happy birthday (early)!

TI7

El Chuxter
08-11-2007, 11:07 AM
I would've taken the Chicago CD, personally.

"Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?"

jedi master sal
08-11-2007, 04:06 PM
She's obviously a keeper, Sal! :thumbsup: I'm lucky to married to one wonderful lady just like that.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the find, and happy birthday (early)!

TI7

You betcha she's a keeper. It helps that she's been a collector as well. Though she's basically quit collecting things herself, she still understands my passion. Even more so now that I've laid out a plan for collecting for the next several years and how I'm going to reduce my budget for such stuff. That translates to a whole lot more money for the both of us, which I have to say I actually looking forward to.

Oh and thanks for the BD well wish. I wasn't digging for that, just using it as a point of reference within the story.

jedi master sal
08-11-2007, 04:07 PM
I would've taken the Chicago CD, personally.

"Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?"

LOL, well it was a tough choice for about .68 seconds.

darko666
08-11-2007, 05:28 PM
NECA Death Eater Ver. A
NECA Death Eater Ver. B

Kidhuman
08-11-2007, 06:43 PM
MallRats DVD.

figrin bran
08-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Legends Boba Fett, Sandtrooper, Red Battle Droids
TRU exclusive JLU Original Members set
25th AC Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Flint, Cobra Officer
McDonalds LOSH Brainiac 5, Lightning Lad, Therok

Blue2th
08-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Legends Darth Maul. To hang in my black vehicle. With all the other black things.
I didn't know McDonalds had LOSH. Gonna have to check that out.

Rocketboy
08-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Best Buy had some great deals on DVDs this week, so I stopped in and picked some up on the last day:

King Kong: Extended Edition $10 - Wanted it for a while, but the price was never good enough (A $30 price tag!)

Shooter $10 - I rented it a few weeks ago and I surprised how good it was.

United 93 $7 - I wanted the 2 disc edition, so I held out until now, when I found out that the 2 disc was so damned limited they sold out on the very first day of release and were instantly out of print.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit? $7 - One of the classics from my childhood that I've wanted for years.

$75 worth of DVDs for $34!

figrin bran
08-11-2007, 09:08 PM
I didn't know McDonalds had LOSH. Gonna have to check that out.

Blue2th, honestly those LOSH toys aren't that great. They're not even toys so much as they are pvc figurines (about 2.5-3" tall) They come in a nice but thin cardboard display box. Unfortunately, not all of them can stand.

Blue2th
08-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Too bad. I'm a fan of LOSH from way back. The cartoon is kinda cheeze-ball kids stuff, but it's ok.
I'll take a look next time I get a McBurger anyways. Thanks

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 04:37 AM
12" Sideshow Asajj Ventress Exclusive - very nice, nicer than I expected. Lots of potential, second head is going to be tough to decide on as they're both really good. Too pricey but whatcha gonna do?

Luke/Mara Comics 2pack - flawed but good. Mara paint is a mess tho' and Luke's elbows suck.

Leia/Vader Comics 2pack - nice set all around, impressive Vader.

Transformers Real Gear High Score - cute but underwhelming bot mode, alright alt mode.

JetsAndHeels
08-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Comic hauls from yesterday:

Action Comics #'s 852, 853
Superman #665
Supergirl #19
Legion of Superheroes #4

Other hauls:

Carolina football t-shirt
Tons of autographs, schedules, posters from unc football signing day
Free pass to advance screening of The Invasion

Ji'dai
08-12-2007, 11:20 AM
NECA Death Eater Ver. A
NECA Death Eater Ver. B Where did you score those two? Mine were starting to lean after the first day OOP. Now I remember why I dislike figures sculpted into a walking pose. Looks like NECA anticpated this by adding a rigid strip of plastic to the inside of the cloak to create a tripod support so the fig can stand, but it's not really long enough.

darko666
08-12-2007, 03:30 PM
i found those figures in FYE. lucky too, since the rest of the figures were Harry, Sirius, Hagrid and one Hermoine, and also The Riddle Grave playset(which looked good when actually seeing it up close, might have to buy it). i also saw the Death Eaters in Hot Topic(i was hoping to find a Dementor in there, but no luck). Borders only seemed to carry Harry, Snape, and Voldemort. i currently have a bid on ebay right now for a Dementor, since it's proving difficult to find in stores.

the Death Eaters i got were leaning too after i displayed them. the piece of plastic used for a support is pointless since, like you stated, it fails to do anything. i had to reposition them so they would actually stand up straight. cool figures though, look great standing next to Voldemort. i just hope NECA makes a Bellatrix figure in a future series.

figrin bran
08-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Legends Sandtrooper, Darth Maul
Cars Cruisin Ramone
for custom fodder - Dark Woman 2 pack, McDonald's LOSH Brainiac 5

JetsAndHeels
08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Superfriends the Legendary Super powers show dvd set

also picking up madden 08 later tonight

darko666
08-13-2007, 03:13 PM
went dvd crazy today:

Monster Squad (it's about time it got the dvd treatment)
ROTK: Extended Eiditon (don't know why i waited this long to get it)
Clash of the Titans (only $5 for such a great movie)

figrin bran
08-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Superfriends the Legendary Super powers show dvd set

haha, I bought that as well from WM.

TeeEye7
08-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Clash of the Titans (only $5 for such a great movie)

Dang!

Only $5, Darko? Where did you pick it up at that price? It is a cool movie...I haven't seen it anywhere, let alone for five bucks. Great haul!

JetsAndHeels
08-14-2007, 12:13 AM
haha, I bought that as well from WM.

Watch the 3rd ep on disc 1....entitled The wrath of Brainiac..there is a great quote from supes on there

as a bridge section is destroyed in the city, supes stops it from falling and fixes it with his heat vision..he then says "This will save the tax payers some money!!"

classic line from good ol Supes

darko666
08-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Only $5, Darko? Where did you pick it up at that price?

got it at Best Buy. i was always looking for this movie, but never had luck finding it. then today it was in the discount section with an original price of $10, but was on sale for $5.

Kidhuman
08-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Dang!

Only $5, Darko? Where did you pick it up at that price? It is a cool movie...I haven't seen it anywhere, let alone for five bucks. Great haul!

I found me a copy at WM for 5 bucks in the cheap bin a few months back. Can also check there.

Jargo
08-14-2007, 10:32 AM
More Dr. Who figures. Loose from Ebay. Series #1 Rose, Space pig and two Slitheen. Veeeeery close to winning a loose auction for the Dalek Genesis Ark.

General_Grievous
08-14-2007, 01:58 PM
I got the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie on DVD.

Beast
08-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Dr. Strange DVD (From Best Buy for the exclusive trading cards). :D

DarthQuack
08-14-2007, 03:02 PM
25th Anniversary Dark Crystal DVD

Beast
08-14-2007, 03:38 PM
25th Anniversary Dark Crystal DVD
I was going to get that and Labyrinth myself.

But it wasn't on sale anywhere. Lame. :p

JetsAndHeels
08-14-2007, 06:32 PM
TMNT Jungle Leo figure
Madden 08 at midnight this morning

DarthQuack
08-14-2007, 07:06 PM
I was going to get that and Labyrinth myself.

But it wasn't on sale anywhere. Lame. :p

Yea, just got it at BestBuy for 19.99, I don't mind paying that....thankfully I passed on the previous releases.

El Chuxter
08-14-2007, 07:09 PM
What's the diff on Labyrinth and Dark Crystal versus the earlier SE's?

DarthQuack
08-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Not sure to be honest, I checked out this review, maybe it'll help.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=29457

TeeEye7
08-15-2007, 07:05 AM
got it at Best Buy. i was always looking for this movie, but never had luck finding it. then today it was in the discount section with an original price of $10, but was on sale for $5.

I found me a copy at WM for 5 bucks in the cheap bin a few months back. Can also check there.

Thanks, guys! I've been a Ray Harryhausen fan since forever! I'll see what I can find.

If my older brothers and I knew it was a Harryhausen movie (when we were little kiddies), we were there! Best special effects movies had to offer until CGI!

Thanks again!

TI7

JediTricks
08-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Titanium Series AT-AP - good, but I was expecting a little better. Sculpting's alright, and the paint's fine, but the legs don't move at the hips which is tragic. So you get all the cannons swiveling side to side, and the middle leg moves at the 2 knees, but the only side-leg movement is the inner hip which is next to useless.

Kidhuman
08-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Got a delivery today from HTS and JJL:

HTS: 3 AOTC Saga Legends Clones
JJL: McLuke

At a WM picked up anohter AOTC Clone.

Beast
08-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Thank the maker. My LCS got some of the replacement comics in. :)

Marvel Two-In-One #2
New Excalibur #22
New X-Men #41
X-Factor #22

DarthQuack
08-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Fair candy from the county fair where I saw plenty of white trash people that should have stayed in their homes.

UKWildcat
08-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Hot Fuzz 2 disc Walmart Exclusive

Jargo
08-17-2007, 09:30 AM
I caved and bought the Doctor Who damaged cyberman SDCC exclusive. found a buy it now on ebay at half the regular asking price. still a bit expensive and I'm definitely in trouble with my partner for overspending on my overspend but I just HAD to have it. My Cyberman collection is complete. unless i buy more gun arm Cybers and build an army. but then i'd have to buy more Daleks........

Kidhuman
08-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Bought the Zahn Trilogy and Tales from Jabbas Palace. Also got Futurama season 2.

LTBasker
08-18-2007, 02:47 PM
HML2 Juggernaut x1
Titanium Green A-Wing x2
Titanium AT-AP x2
Saga Legends Darth Vader x1
30th Anniv. Jawa x1
Hotwheels '66 Batmobile with smooth grille on short card x1

CaptainSolo1138
08-18-2007, 03:15 PM
25th anniversary Snake Eyes

Those things are pretty damn cool, even moreso since I didn't even know about them!

figrin bran
08-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Joe and Cobra 5 packs
Titanium Cheetor (6" version or is it 5?)
JLU Blue Devil
Lego Sith Infiltrator

Kidhuman
08-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Ben/Yoda McQ figs from Tycho.

figrin bran
08-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Cobra Trooper
McDonalds LOSH Validus
TMNT Shredder
a few packs of Topps Football

bobafrett
08-19-2007, 09:38 PM
McQ Stormtrooper
McQ Fett (this is the third Fett I picked up, so it is available if you need one, PM me)

Galactic Heroes Han Solo / Logray
Galactic Heroes Death Star trooper / Imperial officer
Galactic Heroes Luke (Bepsin) / Lando Callrissian
Galactic Heroes At-At commander / At-At Driver
Galactic Heroes Duros / Garindan

bobafrett
08-19-2007, 10:10 PM
McQ Fett has been claimed! Sorry.

CaptainSolo1138
08-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Two tickets to Saturday's SOLD OUT Tigers/Yankees game :pleased:

Kidhuman
08-20-2007, 11:50 PM
2 concept stormies, 1 to open, 1 for Slicker
Concept Fett to open.

DarthQuack
08-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Two tickets to Saturday's SOLD OUT Tigers/Yankees game :pleased:

Want me to overnight you a Yankees hat so you can root for the right team? :thumbsup:

LTBasker
08-21-2007, 12:23 AM
DST "Soldier of the Empire" Worf x2
DST Nemesis Geordi LaForge x2 (Numbers 1100 and 1101)

DST TNG Wave 1 case:
Riker x3
Worf x4
Thomas Riker x1
Tapestry Picard x1 (included freebie from NewForce)

Fortunately my Aunt wanted my extras (only needed 2 of each of Worf and Riker) so no big deal there. Basically completes my TNG DST collection that's out so far, just gotta grab FC Picard.

General_Grievous
08-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Today I picked up South Park: The Complete Tenth Season and BioShock for Xbox 360.

Beast
08-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Serenity: 2-Disc Collector's Edition

JediTricks
08-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Saga Legends Battle Droids 2pack - lame. This mold does them no justice, and the weak plastic for the legs is worthless. Paint's almost nice, but somehow doesn't quite bring it all the way to the required location.

SL Sandtrooper - the Evolutions gray filthy paintscheme on the TSC Sandtrooper works for me pretty well. They dialed back the filth a little, it's still a little ridiculous but somehow works; but it does bring out the disparity between the torso's white plastic and the limbs' white plastic. My only real complaint, besides the fact that this mold's legs are WAY too close together, is that they didn't include the concussion rifle that's shown on the cardback, just the stormie blaster from the TSC fig.

TF:Cybertron Downshift - Hasbro sent this to me because they didn't have a replacement for the defective figure I sent to customer service.

pbarnard
08-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Saga Legends Battle Droid 2 pack, Episode I scheme (could've gotten Ep II scheme), but passed. Mara/Luke, and McQ Chewie that some scalper creased, but hey, I open and trade with people who do, so he'll have a home to some one who won't put him on ebay tomorrow.

Beast
08-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Just my usual comics and figurine hauls. :)

Astonishing X-Men #22
Marvel Adventures: The Avengers #15
Mystic Arcana: Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man Family #4
X-Men #200 (Gambit Cover - 2nd Printing)
X-Men #202
X-Men: First Class #3

Classic Marvel Figurine Collection #15 - Thor
Classic Marvel Figurine Collection #16 - Beast
Classic Marvel Figurine Collection #44 - Iron Fist
Classic Marvel Figurine Collection #46 - Captain Marvel
Classic Marvel Figurine Collection #46 - Captain Marvel (Variant)

Blue2th
08-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Titanium Green A-Wing. I like this repaint ok because we've already had it in the larger plastic Galoob Action Fleet, and also the 3.75 Target exclusive.

I saw the blue trimed Tantive but passed on it because other than the A-Wing I'm getting sick of the Titanium repaints.

Also got that Fans Choice doo-doo Sandtrooper with grey paldron, and Rebel Trooper with variation brown/olive belt the other day.

darko666
08-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Sideshow 12" Asajj Ventress
new denim jacket

Kidhuman
08-22-2007, 09:52 PM
McFett(for the 2nd head sculpt to open) and one for the kid for Christmas.
McStormie for JJL if he still needs it

General_Grievous
08-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Spider-Man (the first movie) for PSP for only five bucks.

JediTricks
08-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Sideshow 12" Asajj Ventress
new denim jacket
How does that work? One is from now, and the other you can only get from 23 years ago. :p

darko666
08-24-2007, 03:06 PM
ha, it works perfectly fine. in my world, i still live in the 80's.

Kidhuman
08-24-2007, 03:13 PM
I picked up the latest wave of GH figs last night.

mericen
08-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Today, I finally found the new comic 2 packs at one of the Wal-Marts in Springfield, OH. I bought the Leia/Vader and A'Sharad Hett/Dark Woman sets. But they had the Luke/Mara set. It was the first new things I have seen in almost 2 months.

Kidhuman
08-24-2007, 08:17 PM
A'Sharad Hett/Dark Woman

Package from Jango Speck with 6 POTJ/potf2 figs.

Rocketboy
08-24-2007, 09:50 PM
I finally got my Big Damn Special Edition of Serenity today.

El Chuxter
08-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Does Whedon apologize for being a putz on the special edition? 'Cause he's a putz.

Rocketboy
08-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Does Whedon apologize for being a putz on the special edition? 'Cause he's a putz.He's better than George Lucas.

El Chuxter
08-24-2007, 11:44 PM
I didn't say Lucas was a putz. So's Whedon, and Stephen King. No one can finish an epic anymore. Except JK Rowling. She's no putz. She would totally kick everyone's butt in Mortal Kombat.

JediTricks
08-25-2007, 02:51 AM
ha, it works perfectly fine. in my world, i still live in the 80's.So your Asajj is just a pile of raw materials? ;)

Transformers Movie leader-class Brawl - decent in both modes, weak deco hidden by simple camo colors. Vehicle mode is small but bot makes up for it. Transformation is complex, instructions make it worse. You can tell the inclusion of electronics kept this from being even bigger and cooler. Grade: B+

Jada Toys 1:32nd '09 Camaro - nice for $5 but sloppy paint, soft sculpt, and narrow wheels keep it from being top drawer.

VTAC Bossk & IG-88 - not even sure why I bought these guys full price again myself, but now I have a second set like I said I would.

Blue2th
08-25-2007, 04:24 AM
At Walmart yesterday: Most of wave four except the droid and Mc Vader. I can't believe I found anything, though all were on crushed cards so that's why. Good for me., as I'll be opening them. I took one look at that Luke though and left him there. What a lame figure! I noticed him being the only wave 4 figure left at two other Walmarts too. Again what a dud figure! What's with the nubby knees? Will we ever get a decent Jedi Luke? Puke!

Titanium Battlestar Galactica Viper Mk II in black. The "expanded universe" for BSG. About as close as we're gonna get to a stealth ship I guess.

The three SW Comic packs.

Five or six Greenlight 1/64 die-cast cars in "hobby exclusive" colors at TRU. Including one Concept Challenger Green Machine.

Ji'dai
08-25-2007, 01:45 PM
LEGO SpongeBob Adventures in Bikini Bottom (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3827) for half price in WM's clearance aisle.

Also picked up three Jane Wooster Scott 1000-piece Americana puzzles in collector tins on clearance at WM for my mom's bday next month.

Kidhuman
08-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Picked up an Ultra Titanium Falcon and Galactica at Tuesday Morning for 10 bucks each. They also had Titanium figures there for 6 bucks each.

figrin bran
08-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Movie Jazz G1 repaint
a few of the movie Robot Heroes sets
Shock Trooper
Leia/Vader comic pack

TeeEye7
08-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Fixodent
Depends
Tucks Hemorrhoid Pads

Jargo
08-26-2007, 06:59 PM
snagged a Dr. Who Krillitane from the six figure series 2 set. this is the one with the closed mouth not the normal carded version. was very cheap too.

can't remember if i said or not but had my entire computer system upgraded for me. have no idea what was put into it but it goes like dung off a shovel and is apparently darn hot according to the guy who built it for me. lots of processing powah and a motherboard that's pretty nifty. was given the motherboard and graphics card, Ram, CPU, case fans cables sata 2 hard drive DVD rw drive and various bits and bobs like cables. Also got my second Dell tft monitor hooked up to increase work space. so i've got about 500 gigs of hard drive space, 6.8 gigs processing powah and apparently My RAM is still to be added to. i'm not conversant with terminology realy which s why i let someone do the tech side. but frankly, not having to pay for any of this and paying the engineer with the old parts rather than cash i think it's a pretty cool haul.

Beast
08-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Found the latest Spider-Man SHS series at Wal-Mart today. So grabbed 'em.

Spider-Man Superhero Squad - Green Goblin & New Goblin
Spider-Man Superhero Squad - Spider-Man vs. Lizard
Spider-Man Superhero Squad - Spider-Man vs. Scorpion

And cause I've heard good things... Marvel Heroscape.

figrin bran
08-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Leader class Movie Optimus Prime
BTAS Animated Two-Face from the grocery store

Kidhuman
08-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Picked up an Ultra Titanium ARC-170 at Dollar General today, only to discover I already had one. Return it tomorrow for a snowspeeder or IG-88 and Clonetrooper titanium figures

DarthQuack
08-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Donkey Kong Classics CIB for NES.

darko666
08-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Iron Giant DVD

Kidhuman
08-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Picked up an Ultra Titanium ARC-170 at Dollar General today, only to discover I already had one. Return it tomorrow for a snowspeeder or IG-88 and Clonetrooper titanium figures

Got the snowspeeder today in exchange for the ARC

pbarnard
08-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Umpas Stay, M'iiyoom Onith, Elis Helrot, Animated Fett.

figrin bran
08-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Heroes Season 1
Sandtrooper
a few packs of Topps Football

El Chuxter
08-28-2007, 05:44 PM
I hauled sixteen tons, and what did I get?

Another day older and deeper in debt.

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-28-2007, 06:06 PM
UGH Animated Boba Fett

General_Grievous
08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Heroes Season One Target Collector's Edition

Rocketboy
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Heroes Season One Target Collector's EditionYep, same here.

kool-aid killer
08-29-2007, 12:24 PM
My R2-KT came in today from hasbrotoyshop.com, now wheres my McObi and Yoda?

bobafrett
08-29-2007, 01:07 PM
TAC #16 Darth Vader
TAC #17 Biggs Darklighter
TAC #18 Luke Skywalker
TAC #19 Jawa and Lin Droid
TAC #21 Mc Chewy

I also got sole custody of my son in court today, and I bought the above figures to celebrate that!

kool-aid killer
08-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Congrats on winning sole custody.

figrin bran
08-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Leader class Brawl
Sandtrooper

JediTricks
08-30-2007, 03:58 AM
Pocket infinity mirror

Bright & Shiny wind-up tin toy Bender

Fisher Space Pen - to replace the one I lost on the trek back from SDCC.

money for new boots

my patented chocolate cake with lemon frosting and filling - my sister made this for me as she has for the last 6 years or so. I first asked for it when I turned 18, she didn't believe it'd work out at all so she let my dad's then-girlfriend make it while she made a german chocolate cake in case my idea failed... it didn't. :D

Dr Tran dvd volume 1 - he's the world's greatest action hero!

Beast
08-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Interesting cake, JT. Now I want to try it. :)

Avengers: The Initiative #5
Teen Titans #50
World War Hulk: X-Men #3

Ji'dai
08-30-2007, 05:26 PM
TAC:
Elis Helrot
M'iiyoom Onith

Comic Packs
A'Sharad Hett & Dark Woman
Leia & Vader

JediTricks
08-31-2007, 01:34 AM
Interesting cake, JT. Now I want to try it. :)
It's a good cake, the lemon frosting is mild but a good friendly note while the lemon curd carries the lemon flavor the rest of the way. Most people believe lemon and chocolate don't go together because they're both in the bitter family of flavors, but the truth is that the sweetness in everything lets the other flavors play more harmoniously. It's actually considered a baking taboo by many, which I find a fun little bonus. :p The closest I've ever seen for this generally is white chocolate/lemon cake but that's a totally different animal.

Lemon chocolate is a fairly easy cake to throw together, everything's at the supermarket - get a not-overly-dark chocolate cake mix, one of the major frosting companies sells lemon frosting in a can, and lemon curd is with the jellies and peanut butters.

Ji'dai
08-31-2007, 03:08 PM
My last haul for this month:

TAC:
UGH Animated Debut Boba Fett x2
Umpass-stay x2

MASTERKESSLER
08-31-2007, 03:16 PM
TAC
Elis Helrot
M'iiyoom Onith
Umpass Stay
MCQUARRIE OBI-WAN AND YODA

COMIC PACKS
DARK WOMAN AND A'Sharad Hett

LEGENDS
SANDTROOPER

VINTAGE
B-WING PILOT CARDED

PLUS I HAVE ALSO PICKED UP THE TIE INTERCEPTOR AND Y-WING.

Kidhuman
08-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Picked up Heroes Season 1 today. Just got the regular version, dont need those extras.

JediTricks
08-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Sideshow "This Is No Cave" Space Slug Enviorama - review going up soon. It's very nice though.

Master Replicas scaled Yavin Medal - looks nifty, I haven't had a chance to open it yet though. I really wish they hadn't switched from those slick boxes to these welded blisters though, it leaves me nowhere to display it open.

TAC SW Weekends Cantina Band Member - technically, Nalan Cheel with the bandfill, not that Hasbro named them, not my first choice but still adequate. Great carded figure, Hasbro's insane for not releasing these to a wider audience, everybody'd want 6 of them at least. The base is nifty, it sells this item for sure, I love the footlight even if it is the wrong color.

Blue2th
08-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Walmart on sale for 7.00 each:
Two VTSC Snowtroopers
Two VTSC IG-88's. Thought I'd use one for a Cantina beverage machine.

Target; One Johnny Lightning 1/64 Pony Power R2 '68 Ford Shelby GT 500. This is a new tooling (sculpt) for JL, and is much more accurate than the one it replaced.
We'll have to see if Greenlight's upcoming new Shelby is better. It's good to have two companies vying for the same market share. We (the consumer) are getting better cars. :thumbsup:
Also: JL R2 Pony Power '70 Cuda

Beast
08-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Picked up Heroes: Season 1 from Target for the bonus disc.

Also saw Halloween, and was pleasently surprised. So all in all, a good day.

figrin bran
08-31-2007, 06:53 PM
Elis Helrot
Jedi Luke
Lego Y-Wing for $16 at WM
JLU Sinestro, Elongated Man, Luthor, Vigilante