PDA

View Full Version : repaint scout trooper to create biker scout from ROTJ

Gothiczartan
08-02-2007, 11:55 AM
http://www.rebelscum.com/tacSDCCshadowscout.asp

this is a great sculpt with a figure has wide legs to sit on a speederbike, maybe they should had him with ball jointed hips.

how about they can repaint this figure to create a scout trooper from ROTJ the same sculpt figure with wided legs and the speederbike!

Kidhuman
08-02-2007, 02:52 PM
The VTSC biker scout fits perfectly fine on a vintage speeder bike. No need for a repaint of this figure. What we need are new speeder bikes released for the Endor figures released over the least year and change

bigbarada
08-02-2007, 03:13 PM
It's the exact same figure with new thighs for a wider stance.

With the way Hasbro been repainting the trooper figure recently, I'm sure we'll see this retooling in movie-correct colors soon enough.

Gothiczartan
08-02-2007, 08:06 PM
The VTSC biker scout fits perfectly fine on a vintage speeder bike. No need for a repaint of this figure. What we need are new speeder bikes released for the Endor figures released over the least year and change

that is the same mold but with retooling on legs to get it wider to sit on a speederbike and there is no need for new speederbikes, the same speederbike mold will due ok for repack with repainted figure to be scout trooper.

bigbarada
08-03-2007, 02:37 PM
that is the same mold but with retooling on legs to get it wider to sit on a speederbike and there is no need for new speederbikes, the same speederbike mold will due ok for repack with repainted figure to be scout trooper.

NONONONONONO! We need a completely new Speeder Bike vehicle, with proper handlebars, a clear plastic stand, no T-bar, and properly sized foot pedals (no more bird-legs to hold it up). The Speeder Bike that came with the Ep2 Ultimate Clonetrooper was an improvement, but I would prefer for Hasbro to start from scratch.

KH is right, the current Biker Scout figure fits just fine on the current Speeder Bike. If Hasbro remade the vehicle and properly scaled it (the vintage mold is just a little too "husky"), then there should be no need for a new figure.

Kidhuman
08-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks BigB for posting that. I am for an all new mold on the speeder bike as well. As a matter of fact, head to the Hasbro Question voting and I posed it to them rather politely about a new one.

bigbarada
08-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks BigB for posting that. I am for an all new mold on the speeder bike as well. As a matter of fact, head to the Hasbro Question voting and I posed it to them rather politely about a new one.

I seem to remember that question being asked already and Hasbro basically shooting it down because they said that there were other speeders that they wanted to do before remaking an existing speeder. Sooo, at the rate we are getting speeder vehicles, we'll probably see a new Speeder Bike about two months from never.:mad:

But hey, I'll vote for it again. If we can't get what we want, then we can always just annoy the crap out of Hasbro, that's always fun.:D

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Here's the thing, we need a new Biker Scout already and this remold guy ain't gonna cut it. Here's why:

- Biker Scouts are shown leaning deep into riding position, VTSC figure can't move hips past 90 degrees.
- Biker Scouts' hips splay while riding, but the VTSC figure is stuck with hips in whatever angle the designer gives which doesn't cut it for either standing or riding all the way.
- Biker Scouts are seen bending their knees way far back for a closer riding pose, VTSC figure can't go past like 100 degrees: good but could be better.
- Biker Scouts who are leaning deep into the riding position need to crane their necks upwards, but VTSC figure can't go that far due to large ball-joint neck design: really, it should be bending at the base and top of the neck, and the head joint should be smaller and deeper in the helmet.
- The biker scout helmet is about 30% bigger than the VTSC shows it.

Sadly, we also need a new bike to go with it, the Saga dlx version is close but needs a stand and needs movable pedals (part of the posing involves the pedal positions).

Gothiczartan
08-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Here's the thing, we need a new Biker Scout already and this remold guy ain't gonna cut it. Here's why:

- Biker Scouts are shown leaning deep into riding position, VTSC figure can't move hips past 90 degrees.
- Biker Scouts' hips splay while riding, but the VTSC figure is stuck with hips in whatever angle the designer gives which doesn't cut it for either standing or riding all the way.
- Biker Scouts are seen bending their knees way far back for a closer riding pose, VTSC figure can't go past like 100 degrees: good but could be better.
- Biker Scouts who are leaning deep into the riding position need to crane their necks upwards, but VTSC figure can't go that far due to large ball-joint neck design: really, it should be bending at the base and top of the neck, and the head joint should be smaller and deeper in the helmet.
- The biker scout helmet is about 30% bigger than the VTSC shows it.

Sadly, we also need a new bike to go with it, the Saga dlx version is close but needs a stand and needs movable pedals (part of the posing involves the pedal positions).

why can't they just added ball jointed hips for better way to sit on a bike?

JediTricks
08-10-2007, 04:15 PM
That'd require a significant retooling to the lower torso section, and collectors would probably complain like they did with the AT-TE Driver. Actually, looking at the VTSC Biker Scout right now up close, it'd require a whole new lower torso and upper legs - pretty much starting over from scratch there.

Gothiczartan
08-10-2007, 08:48 PM
That'd require a significant retooling to the lower torso section, and collectors would probably complain like they did with the AT-TE Driver. Actually, looking at the VTSC Biker Scout right now up close, it'd require a whole new lower torso and upper legs - pretty much starting over from scratch there.

can can reuse the scout with bike and repaint him to create a biker scout from the movie, that should do the trick!

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 04:33 AM
That action-man pose on the Shadow Scout doesn't look particularly good to me, reminds me too much of the perma-squatting figure that came with the '96 bike.

And the hands need to be redone to hold the grips better while we're at it.