PDA

View Full Version : Who's watching Torchwood?

plasticfetish
08-02-2007, 05:41 PM
While on the other side of the Atlantic they've been watching the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood for a year now, it'll just be starting here in the US a few weeks from now.

On September 8th at 9pm, Torchwood premiers on BBC America.

Anyone else gonna be watching?

2-1B
08-02-2007, 08:35 PM
I would if they changed the name to Deadwood.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-23-2007, 01:48 AM
While on the other side of the Atlantic they've been watching the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood for a year now, it'll just be starting here in the US a few weeks from now.

On September 8th at 9pm, Torchwood premiers on BBC America.

Anyone else gonna be watching?Perhaps if I remember and there is nothing else on. By that time, some new shows might be showing up on the regular networks, and I tend to overlook the cable stations.

plasticfetish
09-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Just a bump for Torchwood... as the show starts in about 5 minutes here on the west coast.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Dang, I forgot to watch it, but it looks like it is going to be repeated many times so I should be able to watch or record it one of those times.

plasticfetish
09-09-2007, 01:27 AM
Yeah, unlike the SciFi Channel, who only play a Doctor Who episode once (maybe twice), BBC America plays things a few times during the week.

Check the schedule at their Web site... looks like the first episode's on 6 or 7 times this month. Looks like Doctor Who is playing on Sundays also.

This was the only episode that I've seen. The wife watched the whole first season online... assuming that the show would never get over here. (Silly wife.) I was willing to hold out, so all of the rest will be a surprise to me... sort of.

orionlukteel
09-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Got it TiVo'ed. :thumbsup:

Funny thing was, my 13-year old knew about it and I didn't. He watches waaaaaaaay too much BBCA. :) (Mostly for "Whose Line")

Jargo
01-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Saw the premier of Torchwood S2 on BBC2 UK last night. first change is no speaking over the title credits. just makes the theme sting sound like a drunk one man band in an elevator shaft on a bungee rope. however. James Marsters co stars. looking very old and gaunt and still doing the fake British accent when it would have worked somuch better if he's used his native accent.

a fair amount of tension and some kickarse scenes between Marsters and Barrowman. the end credits had a preview of the season tagged on. And I believe Marsters is in more than one episode but don't quote me.

Kidhuman
01-19-2008, 10:42 PM
I just watched my first episode of Torchwood. Pretty solid show. Tomorrow I have a marathon(which is on BBC America) set up to record. 7 episodes of it. If I would have known Capt Jack from Dr. Who was in it, I would have watched it sooner. I didnt know it was a spin off of Dr. Who either.

plasticfetish
01-20-2008, 12:47 AM
I didnt know it was a spin off of Dr. Who either.Hah! That's gotta be a surprise for you.

It's a great show. A house favorite around here. We watched the last episode (13) of season one again tonight, and they announced that season two would be starting up next Saturday at 9PM. Not bad huh? Only a few weeks behind you kids in the UK there MR. DADDYPANTS. (Now we can talk about the show without and spoiler angst.)

Jargo
01-22-2008, 04:00 PM
i think I might have missed episode two. :( I think as long as you can take both doctor who and this with a pinch of salt and suspension of disbelief then it's great. just have to tap into your 12 year old mindset again. but then, anyone who can get into star wars or star trek shouldn't have too much of a problem.

Kidhuman
01-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Episode one season two was pretty solid. We all know where Capt Jack went, to see Professor Yana and fight the Master. Am I the only one who gets annoyed with Owen?

Jargo
01-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Gwen annoys me. Owen doesn't bother me much.

JEDIpartner
06-30-2009, 11:15 AM
I JUST started watching this and I really like it. Just sayin'...

I heart Naoko "Titicaca" Mori. :love:

Kidhuman
06-30-2009, 11:15 AM
July 20th. BBC America the 5 part series comes on. I can not wait.

JEDIpartner
06-30-2009, 12:01 PM
July 20th. BBC America the 5 part series comes on. I can not wait.

We are rushing to get there! We've just finished series one.

A.J.
06-30-2009, 12:14 PM
LOVED Torchwood, save for a few of the less stellar episodes in both seasons. Can't wait for the "season 3" mini-series to hit DVD as I don't get BBC Am.

Kidhuman
06-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Too bad, BBC AM goes HD with TW kicking it off.

JEDIpartner
07-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Oooooh... I didn't know BBC-A was going HD!! I hope we get it!!!

AFCollector
07-05-2009, 10:24 AM
I just read John Barrowman's book, pretty interesting guy. I too am waiting for the mini-series to hit.

Kind of sad that the only TW and Dr.W we get this year are specials and mini-series, but I'll take what I can get.

JEDIpartner
07-07-2009, 10:54 AM
LOVED Torchwood, save for a few of the less stellar episodes in both seasons. Can't wait for the "season 3" mini-series to hit DVD as I don't get BBC Am.

Didn't that already come out?

I'm just sad that Dr. Sato was fatally shot. :( You know, they really do a great job at ripping one's heart out from time to time. I thought the last two episodes of series one ("Captain Jack Harkness" & "End of Days") were about the most amazing television I'd ever seen.

I just read John Barrowman's book, pretty interesting guy. I too am waiting for the mini-series to hit.

Kind of sad that the only TW and Dr.W we get this year are specials and mini-series, but I'll take what I can get.

I know. It seems a bit too little for the fans. Oh, well.

sith_killer_99
07-07-2009, 10:56 AM
I can't wait for the new episodes/mini series!!!:thumbsup:

sebillba
07-07-2009, 03:06 PM
The new mini-series "Children of Earth" started here last night, it's on every night, concluding on Friday. Pretty exciting first episode, with rather a dramatic cliffhanger!

Kidhuman
07-08-2009, 11:42 AM
I will have it over the weekend, cant wait to watch it all.

Kidhuman
07-24-2009, 07:26 PM
I thought CoE was awesome. DOnt want to go too much into detail as others might not have yet watched Day5. Holla back when ya have

sith_killer_99
07-24-2009, 07:50 PM
I watched this and it was awesome!

plasticfetish
07-24-2009, 10:00 PM
I thought CoE was awesome. DOnt want to go too much into detail as others might not have yet watched Day5. Holla back when ya haveI'm watching it in an hour (9pm my time) and I'm DYING!!!

Kidhuman
07-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Spoilers:

I cant believe Jack actually killed his grand kid. I was half way hoping the kid would come back to life. And then he leaves. Wow!!!

Ianto dead. Crazy series all around.

A.J.
08-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah series 3 was amazing and horrible all at the same time. Felt the same way as I did at the end of series 2. I love that they make the stakes so high as it makes for really good story telling, yet I mourn the loss of the "happy ending" that I know--in my heart of hearts--I wouldn't find half as satisfying.

I did miss having a complete season, but a little bit of Torchwood was much better than none at all. And it did feel like they took the best of the regular series elements and made a really creepy and compelling story.

A.J.
03-24-2010, 09:31 PM
FOX has optioned Torchwood... I have a bad feeling about this. I had heard from a friend in the UK that series 4 had been "green lighted" a while ago. I've been going through withdrawls made slightly better by listening to the BBC Audio Dramas featuring the show's cast. Bring on season 4 and don't mess up a U.S. version if it comes to pass!