PDA

View Full Version : Good Idea for Vader case

vader121
08-03-2007, 02:47 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-lot-starwars-darth-vader-case-action-figures_W0QQitemZ260144674263QQihZ016QQcategoryZ75 1QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Although what was done to the above hurt the "value" of the case it was a really good idea. I never liked the Vader case as a kid because the figures always fell out when you opened it. Major design flaw. Didn't happen with the later C3PO case. Even after the C3PO case was released they didn't redesign the Vader case or at least the straps for it.

I ended up either throwing my Vader case away or put it in a garage sale or something to get rid of it. I disliked it that much. I actually stored all my figures in a cardboard box as a kid.

jjreason
08-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah, it was far from perfect... still a far cry better than the vinyl suitcases in my opinion. :)

LusiferSam
08-03-2007, 09:34 PM
That is a very good idea. Although I'm not about to do that to mine. I think the Vader would work much better if the insert was left in. I know my 3PO case works better with the insert in than out, so I can only image the Vader case would be the same way. The other thing is the case works better if left upright and not banged around (like a little kid is going to do that).

2-1B
08-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Gotta love the dust in the corners of the figure slots...I remember that fondly. lol

stillakid
08-03-2007, 11:52 PM
I have four of these cases to keep my vintage figures safe. :)

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Someone should just build clear doors that cover the whole slot. That'd require a bigger modification but the end results would be WAY better.

Kidhuman
08-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Not a bad idea. Not a bad lot to purchase either, but the shipping is outrageous as always with epay

Sinscia Fat'o
08-08-2007, 06:01 PM
What did they do to the case the auction has ended and it didn't have a pic left to show the modification. I have the same case and would love to know how to modify the case to store my vintage collection a little more safer.

Kidhuman
08-08-2007, 10:42 PM
What did they do to the case the auction has ended and it didn't have a pic left to show the modification. I have the same case and would love to know how to modify the case to store my vintage collection a little more safer.

Scroll down the page and the pics are there.

vader121
08-13-2007, 12:57 PM
In relation to the insert yes it does work much better with it left in but I don't even recall even getting the insert with the case. I must've threw it away almost immediately.

This makes me wonder ... Did they update the newer Vader and C3PO cases design? Did they come with an insert? I never got the POTF2 or later versions so hence the Question.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-13-2007, 01:17 PM
This makes me wonder ... Did they update the newer Vader and C3PO cases design? Did they come with an insert? I never got the POTF2 or later versions so hence the Question.I never opened (or saw open) the ROTS Vader case (with 2 figures, two different sets of 2), so I can't tell you, but I'd wager that the cases are the same as the Kenner one.

Kidhuman
08-13-2007, 03:47 PM
The ROTS case is no better than the original release. It is the same issues.

Old Fossil
08-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Yeah, it was far from perfect... still a far cry better than the vinyl suitcases in my opinion. :)

Are you kidding??? Aside from issues with the vinyl tearing at stress points, those cases were light years better than the Vader case. The figures (and their accessories) mostly stayed put, no matter how you shifted or carried the closed case. Plus, the trays could be taken out and used as display bases. How cool is that?:thumbsup:

vader121
08-16-2007, 10:01 AM
I agree with Old Fossil. Although I never had a vinyl case as a kid I always liked them and do to this day. I did like the closeable section for the guns in the Vader case which the vinyl case should've included. I'm sure after plenty of use the guns could fall out of the vinyl case because the corners could fray. The display pegs were cool though. The pictues on the front of the vinyl cases were real cool too.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-16-2007, 10:53 AM
The old vinyl cases are better at storing the new loose figures than the character-shaped ones. I have about 8 of them, that have a mixture of vintage and post-1995 figures. I finally found a ROJ on eBay, so I have all 3 (there's even some "variants" of the vinyls) film cases.