PDA

View Full Version : Signing off...

bigbarada
02-08-2002, 09:53 AM
Well, after almost eleven years my days in the Army are drawing to a close. By this time next week I will officially be Mr. Rosario, no more of this Sergeant crap. My internet connection is getting shut off today as I will be moving back home next Saturday. I hope to be able to get internet access within a few weeks after I get home, but I'm not really sure how long I will be offline.

Anyway, it's been fun and I'll see y'all on the flipside!:cool:

stillakid
02-08-2002, 11:37 AM
Thanks for your service. Welcome back to civvies.:)

Mandalorian Candidat
02-08-2002, 12:18 PM
Vaya con dios.

Rollo Tomassi
02-08-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
Thanks for your service. Welcome back to civvies.:)

Ditto. Thanks for your services. "Back home" is ?? See you in a week.

Beast
02-08-2002, 12:46 PM
I agree with the above posters, thanks for your service. And welcome back to civvies Sergeant Big Barada. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
02-08-2002, 01:46 PM
Have a safe trip and good luck getting settled back in! :)

JetsAndHeels
02-08-2002, 02:03 PM
Thanks for your service, and may the force be with you!!

General Veers
02-08-2002, 03:51 PM
Welcome back to the civilian life;)

Jargo
02-08-2002, 06:17 PM
I'll make sure no-one steals your locker. you take care ya big baboon and I'll speak to you soon matey. :D ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
02-08-2002, 07:13 PM
The SSG site will be less gooder until you return, BB! See? Now I cain't talk nothin' good, neither. Dang! :rolleyes:

p.s. When you went in 11 years ago, George Bush was the president. Now it's his son with the same name, not a 4-term presidency. Just helping you out! ;)

LTBasker
02-08-2002, 08:10 PM
And you didn't even have to go Klinger for a section 8. :D

derek
02-08-2002, 11:11 PM
get a hair cut, you hippie!:D

GNT
02-09-2002, 01:21 AM
Who is Mr bigbarada?I only know a Sergeant bigbarada

Emperor Howdy
02-09-2002, 02:36 AM
Pssssst, if you get a chance, snag me a grenade!....or an M-16....no..wait...they don't use M-16s anymore, right? AR-15?.....whatever.....I'll trade you a FF Weequay! :crazed:

JediTricks
02-09-2002, 02:48 AM
Wow, it's a whole new world for the bigbarada! Wait, your internet connection was from the Army? Are you saying your 1700+ posts here on SSG were paid for by our taxes?!? ;)

Well, hurry back, Jargo's closing on your #3 status. ;)

Obi-Don
02-09-2002, 03:32 AM
Get home,Get hooked up and get back here. Somebody has to keep us in line. Good luck in the real world. I was in the Army to and wish I wasn't to old to go back. Thank you for the time you gave us.

Rollo Tomassi
02-14-2002, 04:26 PM
Just bumpin' this back up for when the bigb gets back.

Well, hurry back, Jargo's closing on your #3 status.

And I'm closin' in on his #4!:)

What happened to master jedi, my fellow Iwegian?

Jargo
02-14-2002, 05:48 PM
I ate him down with some jelly beans and a nice Coca Cola *slurp sllrp slirp* :crazed: MWAHAHAHAHA!

PloKoon2385
02-14-2002, 05:51 PM
Good job Big B and welcome. I hope you will come back to us soon, I always look forward to hearing (seeing) what you have to say and your opinions are always important. Thanks!

Jargo
02-14-2002, 06:42 PM
It's okay though, cuz we can just go find all those old comments of BB's and think about our missing friend and then open up his profile pic and gaze at him....... :eek: yeesh! and then go back to reading the threads and wishing he was here with us and counting the days until his return from the non internet wilderness of somewhere OUT THERE......... *sniff*:cry:

Wolfwood319
02-14-2002, 11:04 PM
I miss his level-headedness. He seemed to keep things in line. It really hasn't been the same since he left, IMO. I want to know what he thinks about the Toy Fair pics, and so on.

The last thing we want is Jargo at number 3, and Rollo at number 4, IMO. I thought we were trying to keep these forums respectable? (j/k)

Where is MasterJedi, anyway? Haven't seen him in a while either.

SithDroid
02-14-2002, 11:46 PM
I thought I noticed that BigBarada wasn't around for a couple of days. I don't know about the competition at the top, but it looks like Rollo Tomassi might be close to passing Emperor Jargo. Oh I wish I was up there, but alas I registered way later than everyone else. Hopefully I can catch up if I can get a nack for post padding like GNT.:D

And where has Master Jedi been? I've noticed he has been gone as well.

Rollo Tomassi
02-15-2002, 08:58 AM
I'd give major Kudos if Jargo could make up the 600+ post deficit between he and BigB in the next week or two that Sgt.excuse me..MR. Rosario is out of commision.

of course, it would turn him into a soulless posting machine, whose comments would be devoid of any intellect or real content.:(

SithDroid
02-15-2002, 01:45 PM
You can do it Jargo.

PloKoon2385
02-15-2002, 06:00 PM
Well I just realized that BigBarada isn't even hearing/seeing this. Oh well, it will be a nice welcome back card when he gets back. I would have more posts except for that darn thing called Highschool.......*shutters*

stillakid
02-15-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
I would have more posts except for that darn thing called Highschool.......*shutters*

I remember that! Damn, that was a long time ago...:eek:

PloKoon2385
02-15-2002, 06:07 PM
Only one more year.......then.........college........ugh.

Rollo Tomassi
02-16-2002, 12:18 AM
College is a breeze compared to High School. Two classes a day instead of 7 or 8. Big lectures where they don't care if you show up or not. And the tests are all fill in the circle. Plus, you can drink and get laid every night. (try that at your parents house...)

The downside? Tuition.:(

Rollo Tomassi
02-16-2002, 12:20 AM
Keeping this thread on course. Are you, bigbarada, going to take advantage of the G.I. Bill and enroll in higher education?

SithDroid
02-16-2002, 12:43 AM
Man I wish I went to your college Rollo. I was a theatre major and boy was it time consuming. Plus I had to take tons of English classes and had to do tons of papers, which I hate. Oh well I'm all done now, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Anyway back to the subject. Hope you get back soon BigBarada.

PloKoon2385
02-16-2002, 01:42 AM
I am planning on becoming a Marine Biologist or some sort of zoologist and that would require lots of science classes and some math classes, ugh. But I also have thought about some sort of photography work in the movie business or maybe editing. I dunno, we'll see.

Jargo
02-16-2002, 10:55 AM
Holonet transmission begins...

Well guys, I've done my fighting against the pathetic shiny happy rebellion. They have overpowered the Emperor and I must wend my weary way down the poopy chute to the reactor core. I bid you all (mostly) a fond farewell and may you fight the good fight and find your gold amongst the logs that LFL and and Hasblo churn out. Adieu, so long, au revoir, ttfn, chin chin, toodle pip.

It was fun while it lasted. Maybe one day soon I'll find my way back here.........
I'll miss all my friends here. keep my locker free for me will you Rollo?

Jargo. :dead:
Holonet transmission ends.....

stillakid
02-16-2002, 11:06 AM
They're dropping like flies...:confused:

Rollo Tomassi
02-16-2002, 11:59 AM
:(

:cry:

Bel-Cam Jos
02-16-2002, 12:46 PM
There is a void left by the departing Emperor. We can remember all the times of the past:

jargo messing up the "I don't even collect the cards, but..." thread in the Old Forums :p

jargo's obsessions with potatoes or natalie Portman :eek:

jargo's dry, British humour :rolleyes:

jargo's many avitars :cool: :sur: :zzz: ;) :D :o :p :greedy: :Pirate: :happy: :stupid: :confused:

jargo's CAPITAL LETTER posts :sur:

Sorry to see ya go, e-jargo. Hopefully it wasn't anything I said... :(

mabudonicus
02-16-2002, 01:49 PM
first off- is it jango or gango(heh!) Two things-
1- ever notice that Jargo and Anthony Daniels are NEVER seen together? Could this explain the sudden disappearance?
2- Notice how Jargo signed off with post 1137? HMMMMMMMM...... Could he simply be taking time off to compose a suitable post for #1138? Let's hope so.
I never agree with everything ANYONE says(myself included), but I liked Jargo's perspective and his dry irreverence was always appreciated. I haven't been checking out these forums for too long, but many of Jargo's posts (the real ones,not the pads!!) stuck in my head like hilarious darts.
Jargo, take care and come back soon, I need more heretical anti EU allies, the sharper the better. Woooooo!!!

PloKoon2385
02-16-2002, 08:28 PM
Sniff, sniff.......... They are abandoning us. This is horrible! But now there is room for a moderator. Who is going to fill in? Well anyways, farewell Jargo and see ya around.......maybe......:cry:

bigbarada
02-16-2002, 11:31 PM
Woooo, 36 replies! I expected maybe one or two (or a closed thread), but 36??? I'm touched, really.:cry:

Just borrowing my brother's computer for a few minutes. My Army days are were officially over at 1206 this morning when I signed out. Civilian life is going to be an interesting change. Anyways....

Thanks for keeping this thread in the limelight Rollo, you're a true pal. BTW, I've determined that college just really isn't for me and plan to just find a nice little minimum wage job for now. I might go to college later though.

No, the Army didn't provide me with free internet access, JT, I paid $60 a month for a cable internet service from Time/Warner.

Is Jargo really gone? I hope I haven't started a trend. We'll miss your unique look at the world.:cry:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'll try to post again here soon once I get my **ugh** dial-up connection at my parents' house.

SithDroid
02-17-2002, 01:44 AM
What happened to Jargo? Does anyone know? Is it a joke?

Wolfwood319
02-17-2002, 01:50 AM
I can't believe Jargo left...:(

He will definately leave a void that can not be filled.

We will miss you...

GNT
02-17-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
Hopefully I can catch up if I can get a nack for post padding like GNT.:D

And where has Master Jedi been? I've noticed he has been gone as well.

I'll teach you the ropes,first you...

Master Jedi who? :p

I guess its a down time in Star Wars collecting,nobody can find any new products and the sculpts s**k. :(

ITS ALL HASBRO'S FAULT!

Rollo Tomassi
02-17-2002, 12:33 PM
ooh..bigb's back(kind of) dammit. And I was ALMOST caught up to him, too.:mad: :rolleyes: ;)

SithDroid
02-17-2002, 12:47 PM
I see GNT has just reached 2,500. Can anyone catch GNT? Come on JediTricks. You're the only one close enough.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-17-2002, 05:54 PM
It's all about quality and not quantity SithDroid. Look at me; I have about 760 posts as of this one. But my posts are good, so I figure I really have 3xs that many.

760 X 3 = 2280

So I'm right in the race!

Besides, how many members post entries from noted publications?

wizard: noun 1. one supposed to be in league with the devil; a male witch; sorcerer. 2. [pop.] a very skillful or clever person; as, he's a wizard with machinery. - adj. 1. having magical powers. 2. fascinating; enchanting. Funk & Wagnalls New College Standard Dictionary, copyright 1947

Now you know where Anakin and Kitster got their "cool" word from!

mabudonicus
02-17-2002, 06:11 PM
If only you would start embedding MIDIs and flash movies in yer posts, you could start calling yerself the ILM of SSG. Nice ring to THAT, eh?
( ehy GNT-does this count as a good or bad example of post padding? Or would you file it under "quality, Bel Cam- no wait, I haven't quoted anything with an ISBN number- NUTS!!!)

PloKoon2385
02-17-2002, 06:33 PM
Hi BigBarada welcome back! You can't keep a good skiff guard down that's what I always say! Well, Hope you can start contributing your wise thoughts again soon BigB!

Rollo Tomassi
02-18-2002, 04:34 PM
While I certainly enjoy climbing the ranks, this is becoming an epidemic...:(

"I have a bad feeling about this...":(

PloKoon2385
02-18-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
While I certainly enjoy climbing the ranks, this is becoming an epidemic...:(

I feel as if my days are numbered...:(

That's ok Rollo, I am still 700 behind you! :D

PloKoon2385
02-18-2002, 04:37 PM
Oops......Math isn't my strongest subject....... Sorry Rollo, I am almost 800 behind.......sigh:crazed:

SithDroid
02-18-2002, 06:34 PM
As am I

El Chuxter
02-18-2002, 07:25 PM
Whrrrrm, whrrrm, whrrrrrrrm. . . .

Probe droid scouting. . . . No potatoes found. . . . Just a naughty little boy--now go away!

Whrrrrm, whrrrm, whrrrrrrrm. . . .

Sorry, just trying to fill a bit of a void there. I hope it's not my breath. :cry:

And now I leave you with some immortal words. . . .

*QUOTE*
"A Jargo is akin to a Morglyflamp, but looks more like a Phlengee Wa crossed with Diethyl Wontuphenate."

I'm actually more like a phooglewert with a hint of gunthinodon biosphetate. Kinda cute when you get used to the smell.

JediTricks
02-19-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
No, the Army didn't provide me with free internet access, JT, I paid $60 a month for a cable internet service from Time/Warner. Rats, the army should have paid for your internet access, especially with those ISP fees! Anyway, hope you get back to having fun here soon.

bigbarada
02-21-2002, 07:10 PM
Well this whole month is looking to be a no-go when it comes to getting internet access established. Still stuck relying on my brother's computer when he and his wife don't need it for school.

BTW, what happened to GNT? He's no longer listed as the top poster. Did he get banned?:eek:

Lord Malakite
02-21-2002, 08:30 PM
No, his counter reset. GNT is a moisture farmer again.

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 07:58 AM
BTW, what happened to GNT? He's no longer listed as the top poster. Did he get banned?:eek:

Oh, he's still the top poster, bigb. Just mentally add '2520' to his current post count.;)

Rollo Tomassi
03-27-2002, 09:33 PM
Did he sign off again? Did he get booted? Is he quietly watching? I've not heard from him in some time now and I'm gettin' kind of worried about the big galoot.:(

Wooooof! Where are you?!?

PloKoon2385
03-28-2002, 12:37 AM
Oh NO! Its true! He hasn't been on in a while. Oh.. he did say that he couldn't get online perhaps for a while, so maybe he really couldn't get on. I hope he's not kaput!:stupid: :eek:

stillakid
03-28-2002, 12:38 AM
He's appeared a few times since he moved back to civilian life. Not often, but enough to know that he's still alive. He must be back to dial-up. :rolleyes:

2-1B
03-28-2002, 02:45 AM
Earlier this month he posted a few times, so I PMed a "welcome back". He replied to that, so I know he's come back a few more times.

Maybe he got that security job with LFL and is watching AOTC in the editing room ? :D

bigbarada
03-29-2002, 10:48 PM
"Rumours of my death are greatly exagerrated."

:rolleyes:

Alamogordo is stuck in the middle of an ISP war, and the online service is crappy and unreliable and slow and did I mention crappy? I decided to go with a server in Las Cruces. It's about $5 more per month; but what good is saving $5 a month when you can never get online? Anyways, I've got my permanent dial-up (:rolleyes: ) connection going so I will actually be able to visit this site on a regular basis again.

Since we have this time together, I might as well catch everybody up on what I've been doing the last few weeks.

ummm......well, okay, not much; but I did find the Ep2 preview figures :D at $7 apeice :mad: and I must say I am very impressed with the quality of the sculpting; but not so impressed with the weapons made out of Suran Wrap.

I know, I know, I vowed to never buy any of the EP2 figures; but I caved. I know this makes me Hasbro's dirty *****; but what're ya gonna do?:stupid:

2-1B
03-29-2002, 11:31 PM
"Master [bigbarada] , it's so good to see you fully functional again"

:D

bigbarada
03-30-2002, 10:54 PM
Well, it's good to be back. Even though this new "high-speed" 56k modem (which has yet to connect faster than 33k) makes navigating this site dreadfully slow. So I won't be all over the boards anymore like I was in my glory days, I'll just stick to a few key sections from now on.

I'm like that crippled old geezer who yells at the young punks driving their cars too fast and playing their music too loud.:D

Rollo Tomassi
03-31-2002, 02:01 AM
oooooh...drat! And I was this close!:(

WELCOME BACK, bigb! How's civilian life treating ya?:p Will we be seeing any of your "friends" around? ;) Place hasn't been the same without you..well, okay I'm not gonna lie. It's been pretty much the same. Did you miss us? Did you say *****?

It's funny how jezebel and hooker get by, but ***** gets censored. I think we are all Hasbro's *****...every last one of us.:)

bigbarada
03-31-2002, 10:05 AM
I didn't know Jezebel was a synonym for *****, I just kept thinking of it as a reference to the woman mentioned in the Bible. I can never use "hooker" when talking about a *****, since one of my best friend's last name is Hooker.

Handy facts - other words for ***** include:
trollip
skank
prostitute

Any other interesting names for 'ladies of the evening' out there?

2-1B
03-31-2002, 04:04 PM
Any other interesting names for 'ladies of the evening' out there?

Walking pincusion ? :eek:

mabudonicus
03-31-2002, 04:22 PM
How bout ******* ***** ***? I guess not.

2-1B
03-31-2002, 04:29 PM
Strumpet? Hussy? Camp Follower? :stupid:

JediTricks
04-02-2002, 09:57 PM
Please end this new line of discussion before it gets to a point where it creates a problem.

Anyway, good luck with your ISP barada, I'd suggest mine, but I'm currently hating them quite a bit (which explains my 4-day absence last week).