PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Resculpts

Sinscia Fat'o
08-07-2007, 12:37 PM
I know not everyone likes resculpts but everyone does have to acknowledge the fact that some figures need a second chance at being great or at least better than they were before. After looking at my collection i have noticed that some major characters and some minor characters first figures well just plain suck...so if you as a collector had to chose 10 figures that need a modern update who would they be...why? What would you change about them from their previous offerings? Here's mine.

1.) Mon Mothma: I have a soft spot for this character, she's not exciting but when the POTF2 version was made i was in heaven and checked every store until i found her...i bought three of her...but after opening the figure i was greatly dissappointed.... She doesn't have legs...she's a glorified PVC figure which sucks...theres no action to this action figure. She needs to at least have legs...It would be great to have soft goods at least from the waste down, so she can sit down.

2.) Emperor Palaptine: Much like Mothma the POTF2 version was horrid. The chain lighting figure from the Episode one flashback was an improvement but not by much. The Sidious figure from Episode one was argueably the best version of this character to date on a single card, and thats not even the emperor. He needs soft good robes, articulation, a lightsaber, a cane, or at least a throne....

3.) Prince Xizor, resculpt Xizor with soft goods and articulation. The basic POTF2 figure has a good likeness but lacks movement, which hurts the figure.

4.) Luke Skywalker Snow Speeder pilot, this figure has alot of requests made for it. It was good for it's day, but needs an update or at least a repaint of the vintage version...he needsa removeable helmet, articulation, still have the gray gloves and a grenade to recreate the classic AT-AT duel.

5.) Obi Won Kenobi, not counting the obi pilot figure from ROTS there isn't a good obi figure. A new hope Kenobi has suffered more than any other version of this character. The vintage kenobi is good looking but has no knee articulation, which sucks though that is a great starting place to finally finish kenobi. He needs soft goods, but he also needs articulation more. I think a hybrid version between the pilot and the vintage is the way to go with this figure.

6.) Weeoquy skiff guard, he looks great, paint apps are awesome, but he's stuck in a scene specfic pose much the same as the kenner version. He needs some articulation.

7.) Ponda Bobba (Walrus Man) Soft goods jacket like vintage Greedo, Removeable hand to recreate the kenobi scene. Articulation would also be nice as well...no posed out PVC's like the cinama scene figure...A holster for his pistol would also be nice.

8.) Bespin Security Guard, we need the black repaint like the kenner days. The POTJ version was a great figure but he needs knee articulation and to have a black counterpart. Another head with facial hair like the kenner version would also be cool and welcomed.

9.) Jar Jar Binks, his TPM figures we okay for the times...but time has changed since then. Jar Jar needs to be modern with articulation and a removeable toungue like ROTS Mas Ameda.

10.) Princess Leia...not counting the vintage endor scout/poncho figure...just start over on Leia. She has yet to really get a good figure.

Battle Droid
08-07-2007, 03:17 PM
San Hill (Soft goods, SA, and better head sculpt)
General Grievous (Correct scale, SA, and soft goods)
IG-100 MagnaGuard (SA, soft goods, and with TAC Obi-Wan's electro staff.)
Battle Droid (SA)
Destroyer Droid (SA, and can fold up)
Imperial Probe Droid (SA & with Hyperspace Pod that it can fit in.)

Droid
08-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Red Leader, Dr. Evazan, Episode IV Uncle Owen.

bigbarada
08-08-2007, 12:45 AM
These figures have that almost cartoonish POTF2 sculpting and need an update:
Weequay
Gamorrean Guard
Admiral Ackbar
Yak Face
EV-9D9
Luke Snowspeeder Pilot
Wicket
Logray

Barada - one of my favorite characters and I think it would be great to see a new version with added articulation, although I'd settle for a Kithaba figure.
Paploo - the old version was just a retooled Wicket with a new cowl, he needs a complete redo

figrin bran
08-08-2007, 12:47 AM
BigB's list is a really good one but lacking Nien Nunb!

Sinscia Fat'o
08-08-2007, 02:25 PM
These figures have that almost cartoonish POTF2 sculpting and need an update:
Weequay
Gamorrean Guard
Admiral Ackbar
Yak Face
EV-9D9
Luke Snowspeeder Pilot
Wicket
Logray

Barada - one of my favorite characters and I think it would be great to see a new version with added articulation, although I'd settle for a Kithaba figure.
Paploo - the old version was just a retooled Wicket with a new cowl, he needs a complete redo

forgot about Ackbar and Nien numb. Otherwise awesome list, and agree with everyone of them.

Devo
08-08-2007, 06:56 PM
I wish Hasbro would do a fans choice resculpt poll. Lets do a poll and see how many people would be down with that. :thumbsup: I'm serious though. It'd be so we could choose a resculpt that gets done of figures from the vintage line up to present.

Most notable ones for me are:

Dr-Evazan
Admiral Ackbar
Gamorrean guard
DSII Luke
Snowspeeder Luke
Wedge antilles (a new sculpt for all that is sacred!! NO kitbashing - and an accurate size compared to Luke)
Wicket
Weequay
Uncle Owen ANH
Ben Kenobi ANH (VOTC was crap - crap head, crap articulation, crap softgoods - crap)

Moff jerrjerrod!!! I realise this is most unlikely, and unwanted by many I'm sure after the pegwarming horror of the last one but this figure was crap...which possibly contributed to the pegwarming. I honestly don't think any attempt was made on this guy to do an accurate likeness. I bears no resemblance whatsoever to the actor and then there was the wide stance and no knee articulation...

mericen
08-08-2007, 09:06 PM
The figures I would most like to see resculpted are:

1. Weequay, I agree the other is not so good
2. Gamorrean Guard, ditto
3. Qui Gon Jinn, assuming the one in the Evolutions pack is not SA
4. Jar Jar Binks, I also want to see a better articulated one
5. Uncle Owen, I want one that does not look drunk
6. Dr Evazan, the face on the other one is not good
7. Jawas, just because I like more Jawas
8. Tusken Raider, same reason as above
9. Mon Mothma, the other one was not good
10. Padme, the white outfit from The Phantom Menace

bigbarada
08-09-2007, 05:05 AM
Nein Nunb is another figure who desperately needs a resculpt!

Add to that, Sy Snootles, Max Rebo and Droopy McCool as the original band for Jabba's Palace.

Devo
08-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Can't believe I forgot Captain Piett!! The coolest of the imperial officers.

Sinscia Fat'o
08-09-2007, 06:12 PM
I wish Hasbro would do a fans choice resculpt poll. Lets do a poll and see how many people would be down with that. :thumbsup: I'm serious though. It'd be so we could choose a resculpt that gets done of figures from the vintage line up to present.

Most notable ones for me are:

Dr-Evazan
Admiral Ackbar
Gamorrean guard
DSII Luke
Snowspeeder Luke
Wedge antilles (a new sculpt for all that is sacred!! NO kitbashing - and an accurate size compared to Luke)
Wicket
Weequay
Uncle Owen ANH
Ben Kenobi ANH (VOTC was crap - crap head, crap articulation, crap softgoods - crap)

Moff jerrjerrod!!! I realise this is most unlikely, and unwanted by many I'm sure after the pegwarming horror of the last one but this figure was crap...which possibly contributed to the pegwarming. I honestly don't think any attempt was made on this guy to do an accurate likeness. I bears no resemblance whatsoever to the actor and then there was the wide stance and no knee articulation...

actually hasbro really should let the community as a whole decide what needs to be done. It worked for their repack line this year since everyone is gathering them up, so why not do a fans choice repack for 2009. LOL. :)

Rogue II
08-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Look at me, I'm kitbashing lists!

Dr. Evazan
Admiral Ackbar
Gamorrean guard
Weequay
Uncle Owen ANH
Ben Kenobi ANH
Emperor Palaptine
Imperial Probe Droid
Bespin Security Guard
Tusken Raider

Or just look at this thread ("http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=19407).

Gothiczartan
08-21-2007, 10:45 PM
wedge antilles dutch body with same helmet from dutch.

the wedge helmet does not have a chin strap. I think a dutch helmet mold will due and it might fit on the head.

if you don't want a kitbashed figure like a duch body. maybe luke x wing pilot will do since wedge and luke are almost same heights?

lando (VOTC) retooled for a removable cape
luke jedi knight with all the accessories needs.
luke pilot from ESB (new sculpt)
han solo honor at the end of ANH retooled han VOTC for new torso
wedge pilot from ESB movie accurate

luke x wing pilot (VTSC) hew head (possibly TAC luke jedi), helmet (VTSC luke pilot) new hands (no gloves, blast damage on right hand) and a removable right black glove

Devo
08-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Actually I would like another ANH han resculpt. I don't like the VOTC figure. The articulation was very well done but the anorexia is just too glaringly distracting. Han should be bigger built than Luke and the VOTC figure looks like any Luke figure could take him in a physical contest. And as a consequence of the VOTC figure being so skinny we now have endor and bespin Hans with skewed proportions - buff torsos and anorexic limbs. An end to this please. A new properly proportioned Han.

Gothiczartan
08-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Actually I would like another ANH han resculpt. I don't like the VOTC figure. The articulation was very well done but the anorexia is just too glaringly distracting. Han should be bigger built than Luke and the VOTC figure looks like any Luke figure could take him in a physical contest. And as a consequence of he VOTC figure being so skinny we now have endor and bespin Hans with skewed proportions - buff torsos and anorexic limbs. An end to this please. A new properly proportioned Han.

they said hasbro have to save money by reusing the VOTC han figure to create the honor han from ANH with a new torso. whatever is best as long we might get to see a new han figure from the end of SW ANH with a medal after a new sculpt luke yavin has been made which I'm quite happy for that as much I am for VTSC luke x wing pilot.

Nighthawk
08-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Actually I would like another ANH han resculpt. I don't like the VOTC figure. The articulation was very well done but the anorexia is just too glaringly distracting. Han should be bigger built than Luke and the VOTC figure looks like any Luke figure could take him in a physical contest. And as a consequence of he VOTC figure being so skinny we now have endor and bespin Hans with skewed proportions - buff torsos and anorexic limbs. An end to this please. A new properly proportioned Han.

I agree. However, as a positive side effect to this, at least the Endor Han's trenchcoat fits nicely on him because of his anorexic limbs...haha. As for the Han at the end of ANH, maybe they can use the new Smuggler Lando's torso. Unfortunately though, it doesn't have buttons on the front of it, but then again, it might be just the pictures.

Gothiczartan
08-25-2007, 10:18 PM
how about a new resculpt x wing pilots with VTSC x wing luke's arms/torso w/chest box/leg straps/feet?

all they can do is make a new sculpt lower half torso/waist and upper legs with added luke body parts (arms, upper half torso and feet including removable chest box and leg straps). share with to create wedge antilles, biggs (he needed SA) and other pilots from ANH and ROTJ.

the only x wing pilot has all the SA is luke skywalker from the VTSC line and the TAC a wing pilot.

why not x wing pilots?

I would like a new sculpt luke snowspeeder pilot with upper torso (retooled with collar and a small hole on the left for attach grenade) with removable new chest box for cord attach to the left thigh and upper legs with leg straps the rest of body parts will be new sculpt. must have a working holster for blaster.

accessories, removable helmet (no visor), grenade, blaster, lightsaber, hilt and working harpoon weapon

lando needs simply a retooled for a removable cape!

hoth leia
han solo bespin
nien numb
zuckuss
slave leia
ewok celebration leia
padme area w/soft good cape
padme battle damage area AOTC

bigbarada
08-26-2007, 01:21 AM
how about a new resculpt x wing pilots with VTSC x wing luke's arms/torso w/chest box/leg straps/feet?

all they can do is make a new sculpt lower half torso/waist and upper legs with added luke body parts (arms, upper half torso and feet including removable chest box and leg straps). share with to create wedge antilles, biggs (he needed SA) and other pilots from ANH and ROTJ.

the only x wing pilot has all the SA is luke skywalker from the VTSC line and the TAC a wing pilot.

why not x wing pilots?

Well that's not really a resculpt more of a retooled kitbash and not really the point of this thread. I will support the idea of an all-new X-Wing Pilot figure that could serve as the base for more figures in the future.

I want to add to my list an all-new SA TIE Fighter Pilot. The 2004 version is one of the greatest Star Wars figures ever in terms of sculpt, but the articulation is a little outdated. Plus, we've never had a TIE Pilot with the grey stripes and writing on his helmet, that would be a great version to finally make. See attachment.

Also, a new Emperor's Royal Guard, with soft-goods inner and outer robes. No ridiculous EU armor underneath just make it movie accurate and SA.

Gothiczartan
08-26-2007, 02:31 AM
Well that's not really a resculpt more of a retooled kitbash and not really the point of this thread. I will support the idea of an all-new X-Wing Pilot figure that could serve as the base for more figures in the future.

I want to add to my list an all-new SA TIE Fighter Pilot. The 2004 version is one of the greatest Star Wars figures ever in terms of sculpt, but the articulation is a little outdated. Plus, we've never had a TIE Pilot with the grey stripes and writing on his helmet, that would be a great version to finally make. See attachment.

Also, a new Emperor's Royal Guard, with soft-goods inner and outer robes. No ridiculous EU armor underneath just make it movie accurate and SA.

how about new tie fighter pilot and at at driver with SA and removable helmets, they can be in the vintage era. royal guards with removable helmets in vintage style era. imperial officer/commnander with removable cap.

yakface
at st driver
wicket
luke endor (vintage style)
ponda baba
luke pilot (ESB)
wedge pilot (ESB)
grand moff tarken
admiral peitt
ten numb (red suit)
lando general (vintage style)
rebel hoth (vintage style)

bigbarada
08-26-2007, 12:00 PM
No, no more removable helmet OT troops. No more stupid Jango heads under the Imperial helmets.

JediTricks
08-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Palpatine - no question, we just don't own a decent ROTJ Palps at all and that's terrible.

Luke Tatooine,
Luke Stormtrooper,
Luke Snowspeeder pilot,
Luke Death Star II - seeing a theme? Protagonist of the OT and still can't get a decent figure of the guy. I mean, he felled an AT-AT singled-handedly and all he gets is a crappy frankenstein version??? Heck, really we need a new Bespin one too due to the head and saber issue on the one we just got, but no way I'm adding that to my list of just 10 figures. :p

Obi-Wan Kenobi - we still don't have a truly great OT likeness, and certainly not a costumed figure to put it on. The closest is the OTC Spirit of Ben figure and that's not a particularly awesome piece, just superior to its lame brethren.

Princess Leia ANH - VOTC had some good qualities but too many bad ones, and can't really move as well as it should, and had no hood up potential, and didn't even have her blaster pistol.

General Grievous - overhyped 1-shot villain or not, the guy made a major impact and we definitely could use a bigger, more accurate version.

Jango Fett - also a 1-shot villain but deserves a truly slick figure the way his sonny boy got.

ANH Han - I just don't care for the VOTC version's likeness that much, the gunbelt's awkward, the gun is too plain, and how can you do this guy without a removable vest???

And because it bears repeating, LUKE DEATH STAR II - why the hell hasn't this happened? Why did the latest Luke ROTJ come out physically designed to NOT properly reflect this look when it's the basis of the same outfit he's got?!?

I also agree with Weequay, Ponda Baba, General Grievous' magnaguard droid, battle droid, Imperial Probe Droid (just because it can be even better than it already is), Dr. Evazan, Uncle Owen, Gamorrean Guard, EV-9D9, Nien Nunb, Wedge Antilles, Wicket, Padme AOTC arena, Capt/Admiral Piett, AT-ST Driver, Grand Moff Tarkin,

pbarnard
08-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Can we choose any 10 Lukes until they give us a head that comes close to resembling Mark Hamil? I mean, not one is close. We got beaver teeth, shaggy hair, thin faces, fat faces, lets just get one finally?

JediTricks
08-27-2007, 04:37 PM
The ROTJ heads for some reason always seem to get close to the mark, even on Hasbro's 12" figure, but the ESB and ANH heads seem to actually get worse and worse now. The problem is, the ANH head looks little like the ESB head, so if they get it right on 1 it won't work on the other. Plus, they have this ugly little habit of painting a head 1 way the first time and then totally another the 2nd, no way to count on it coming off right - Vintage-style Luke is a great example, the yellow-haired VOTC is awful, but the same head on VTSC Pilot version is noticeably better.

Ultimately, I say they have to get it right on all of 'em, not just let it be a crapshoot. Plus, they might think we actually want another round of "Tatooine Luke of the Week" with your idea. ;)

pbarnard
08-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Ultimately, I say they have to get it right on all of 'em, not just let it be a crapshoot. Plus, they might think we actually want another round of "Tatooine Luke of the Week" with your idea. ;)

Well if they got it right...could replace the Gunner Station, Death Star Bridge swing, customize others, etc. It's a better reason to buy the figure than for the moisture vaporator. Who needed another Tatooine Luke?

JediTricks
08-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I absolutely need 1 Tatooine Luke that doesn't suckity suck suck. Farmboy Luke is THE cultural genesis for Star Wars, the young everyman who starts out dragging his feet and eventually becomes a hero. Instead of that, we get bizarre freakshow faces and underwhelming articulation and that horrorshow of a Vintage.

Sinscia Fat'o
08-29-2007, 05:26 PM
I absolutely need 1 Tatooine Luke that doesn't suckity suck suck. Farmboy Luke is THE cultural genesis for Star Wars, the young everyman who starts out dragging his feet and eventually becomes a hero. Instead of that, we get bizarre freakshow faces and underwhelming articulation and that horrorshow of a Vintage.

i have to agree, i own est 15 farm boy ANH lukes and none of them are the definitive or even nearly close enough to be considered a good figure. The vintage had potential, and while the belt sucked, the face was horrid, and he had no peg holes in his feet, it was an okay figure, but the old POTF2 Comm Tech luke still has it beat. maybe in 09 we'll get a good ANH luke, though im not holding my breath for one.

Gothiczartan
08-29-2007, 08:34 PM
is resculpt leia ewok celebration outfit would be necessary?

it would be nice if they make her with ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed or swivel elbows and ball jointed knees, soft good bottom dress.

I think the rest of the ewok celebration leia looks ok i guess.

would it be cool if they have a resculpt han bespin, it would be great if they can use the head/hips/legs/holster/gun from VTSC han endor and arms/torso from torture han solo to create a SA bespin han solo.

JediTricks
08-30-2007, 02:46 AM
Leia Ewok-dress, necessary? I can't say I love the POTF2 version or the Leia Collection version, but the POTF2 is adequate and I just don't care enough about the dress to waste scheduling space on it that could go to something else.

I don't think the figure could ever pull off knee joints and look right, the legs are too thin and not costumed. Plus, what does she do in that outfit to warrant any added articulation? Not a darn thing. So there's just no need for it, I think. There are other Leia figures far more deserving at this point I think of the treatment you're talking about.

I'm going to remain "wait and see" on the Han Bespin situation, I don't think the upcoming one is going to be close enough to get us to the ultimate look, and I'm not sure anything SHOULD be salvaged from it.

Gothiczartan
08-30-2007, 04:09 AM
Leia Ewok-dress, necessary? I can't say I love the POTF2 version or the Leia Collection version, but the POTF2 is adequate and I just don't care enough about the dress to waste scheduling space on it that could go to something else.

I don't think the figure could ever pull off knee joints and look right, the legs are too thin and not costumed. Plus, what does she do in that outfit to warrant any added articulation? Not a darn thing. So there's just no need for it, I think. There are other Leia figures far more deserving at this point I think of the treatment you're talking about.

I'm going to remain "wait and see" on the Han Bespin situation, I don't think the upcoming one is going to be close enough to get us to the ultimate look, and I'm not sure anything SHOULD be salvaged from it.

just the knees for leia to sit down.

maybe we could wait for months for a retooled han torture/han endor VTSC

Sinscia Fat'o
08-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Im not sure about endor dress leia either. the tin leia we got not to long ago was a vast imprrovement of this figure from POTF2, though it would be nice to see her with knee articulation, but there are a great many other leias we need first, like hoth, and bespin gown. Though as for han solo bespin i gotta say i agree we need a new han solo bespin with some Sa going on for it, and a cloth vest/jacket would be great as well.

So Far the leaders in our little resculpt Wish list

1.) Luke Skywalker (ESB--Snow Speeder Pilot)
2.) Wedge Antillies
2.) Dr Evazden
2.) Princess Leia (ANH)
2.) Uncle Owen (ANH)
3.) Obi Wan Kenobi (ANH)
3.)Weeoquay
3.) Jar Jar Binks
3.) Wicket
3.) Nein Numb
3.) Admiral Ackbar
3.) Gamorean Guard
3.) Luke Skywalker (DS2)
3.) Han Solo (ANH)
4.) Mon Mothma
4.) Walrus Man (Ponda Baba)
4.) Bespin Security Guard
4.) Leia (Hoth)
4.) Leia (Slave Girl)
4.) Leia (Ewok Villiage)
4.) General Grievous
4.) Probe Droid
4.) Tusken Raider
4.) Captain Piet
And The Rest of the field
Han Solo (Bespin)
Zuckuss
Padme (AOTC/Droid Factory)
Tie Fighter Pilot
Emperor's Royal Guards
Yak Face
AT-ST Driver
Grand Moff Tarkin
Ten Numb
Lando (General/ROTJ)
Rebel Soilder (Hoth)
Luke (ANH)
Luke Skywalker (Storm Trooper)
Lando (Bespin) (ESB)
Padmae (Naboo Celebration)
Max Rebo Band
Moff Jerjerrod
Jawa
Barada
Red Leader
IG-88 (IG-100)
Battle Droid
Destroyer Droid
San Hill
Leia (Bespin)
Xizor

All right these are the figures that had people talking, the cream of the crop of the worst figures that need to be redone, numbers 1-4 were figures that were talked about alot, generally in equal posts, by different posters. If everyone would like vote on 10 of these figures for the definitive list.

Gothiczartan
08-30-2007, 02:04 PM
the only pilots will have the dutch body mostly y wing pilots from ANH:

ryle torsyn, theron nett and tiree

the rest will have the retooled luke body with a new lower half of torso molded on waist and upper legs:

bren querey, elyhek rue, garven dave dreis, hol okand, lt. naytaan, wedge antilles, biggs darklighter, kin kian, luke (ROTJ) w/removable glove, grizz frix, keir santage, kerie neth and the rest seen seating in the briefing room from ANH and ROTJ will have retooled luke figure!

JediTricks
08-31-2007, 01:20 AM
just the knees for leia to sit down.Then you'd have to retool the "skirt" as well, and I don't even remember her sitting down in the movie in that outfit.

maybe we could wait for months for a retooled han torture/han endor VTSCI plan on waiting till I see the figure before I ask them to go forward with the idea, but you don't have to.

Im not sure about endor dress leia either. the tin leia we got not to long ago was a vast imprrovement of this figure from POTF2That figure was the POTF2-era Princess Leia Collection version, just without pink coloring on the dress the original had.

Gothiczartan
08-31-2007, 01:47 AM
Then you'd have to retool the "skirt" as well, and I don't even remember her sitting down in the movie in that outfit.

I plan on waiting till I see the figure before I ask them to go forward with the idea, but you don't have to.

That figure was the POTF2-era Princess Leia Collection version, just without pink coloring on the dress the original had.

i think she was sitting next to han while c3po was telling a story in the ewok village.

you mean the first leia ewok celebration? I mean the leia collection that would be nice for retooling for knees bending.

Gothiczartan
09-02-2007, 09:21 PM
a SA princess leia jabba's slave

bigbarada
09-04-2007, 01:43 AM
a SA princess leia jabba's slave

No way, with as small as she is and all the skin showing, she would look terrible... just a worthless mess of joints with tiny little bits of body bridging them.

We have a pretty decent standing Slave Leia, I think a new version would be better handled as a preposed reclining figure.

PloKoon_08
09-04-2007, 08:37 AM
1- Admiral Ackbar: One of the most famous characters to NOT be revisited since the POTF 2 line.

2- Admiral Piett: Again, a main character that has yet to be revisited.

3- Old Ben Kenobi: I remain unsatisfied with his sculpts thus far.

4- Jek Porkins: He could use a resculpt, give him some better deco and more articulation (and if Hasbro re-used the Dutch Vander body on this one I would hurt them).

5- Commander Bacara: I'm sorry but his sculpt was lackluster at best, especially for such a recent sculpt

6- Eeth Koth- Reuse of Agen Kolar's sculpt?

7- Weequay: Needs a resculpt.... badly

8- Gamorrean Gard: Again, is in dire need of a resculpt.

9- Stass Allie: Would be nice to have a version of her that wasn't bow-legged.

10- FX-7: Haven't seen him since POTF 2... as I recall. Could use at least a once over.

Gothiczartan
09-04-2007, 09:08 AM
No way, with as small as she is and all the skin showing, she would look terrible... just a worthless mess of joints with tiny little bits of body bridging them.

We have a pretty decent standing Slave Leia, I think a new version would be better handled as a preposed reclining figure.

she can have ball jointed shoulders, swivel elbows, ball jointed knees

Gothiczartan
09-04-2007, 09:11 AM
1- Admiral Ackbar: One of the most famous characters to NOT be revisited since the POTF 2 line.

2- Admiral Piett: Again, a main character that has yet to be revisited.

3- Old Ben Kenobi: I remain unsatisfied with his sculpts thus far.

4- Jek Porkins: He could use a resculpt, give him some better deco and more articulation (and if Hasbro re-used the Dutch Vander body on this one I would hurt them).

5- Commander Bacara: I'm sorry but his sculpt was lackluster at best, especially for such a recent sculpt

6- Eeth Koth- Reuse of Agen Kolar's sculpt?

7- Weequay: Needs a resculpt.... badly

8- Gamorrean Gard: Again, is in dire need of a resculpt.

9- Stass Allie: Would be nice to have a version of her that wasn't bow-legged.

10- FX-7: Haven't seen him since POTF 2... as I recall. Could use at least a once over.

gamorrean guard needed a staff and axe

maybe they can add FX-7 in new package for saga legends, there is no need for a vintage style version.

a new sculpt 2-1B from ESB with light up eyes, ball jointed shoulders, swivel elbows, ball jointed knees and movie accurate

Gothiczartan
09-04-2007, 09:17 AM
I know not everyone likes resculpts but everyone does have to acknowledge the fact that some figures need a second chance at being great or at least better than they were before. After looking at my collection i have noticed that some major characters and some minor characters first figures well just plain suck...so if you as a collector had to chose 10 figures that need a modern update who would they be...why? What would you change about them from their previous offerings? Here's mine.

1.) Mon Mothma: I have a soft spot for this character, she's not exciting but when the POTF2 version was made i was in heaven and checked every store until i found her...i bought three of her...but after opening the figure i was greatly dissappointed.... She doesn't have legs...she's a glorified PVC figure which sucks...theres no action to this action figure. She needs to at least have legs...It would be great to have soft goods at least from the waste down, so she can sit down.

2.) Emperor Palaptine: Much like Mothma the POTF2 version was horrid. The chain lighting figure from the Episode one flashback was an improvement but not by much. The Sidious figure from Episode one was argueably the best version of this character to date on a single card, and thats not even the emperor. He needs soft good robes, articulation, a lightsaber, a cane, or at least a throne....

3.) Prince Xizor, resculpt Xizor with soft goods and articulation. The basic POTF2 figure has a good likeness but lacks movement, which hurts the figure.

4.) Luke Skywalker Snow Speeder pilot, this figure has alot of requests made for it. It was good for it's day, but needs an update or at least a repaint of the vintage version...he needsa removeable helmet, articulation, still have the gray gloves and a grenade to recreate the classic AT-AT duel.

5.) Obi Won Kenobi, not counting the obi pilot figure from ROTS there isn't a good obi figure. A new hope Kenobi has suffered more than any other version of this character. The vintage kenobi is good looking but has no knee articulation, which sucks though that is a great starting place to finally finish kenobi. He needs soft goods, but he also needs articulation more. I think a hybrid version between the pilot and the vintage is the way to go with this figure.

6.) Weeoquy skiff guard, he looks great, paint apps are awesome, but he's stuck in a scene specfic pose much the same as the kenner version. He needs some articulation.

7.) Ponda Bobba (Walrus Man) Soft goods jacket like vintage Greedo, Removeable hand to recreate the kenobi scene. Articulation would also be nice as well...no posed out PVC's like the cinama scene figure...A holster for his pistol would also be nice.

8.) Bespin Security Guard, we need the black repaint like the kenner days. The POTJ version was a great figure but he needs knee articulation and to have a black counterpart. Another head with facial hair like the kenner version would also be cool and welcomed.

9.) Jar Jar Binks, his TPM figures we okay for the times...but time has changed since then. Jar Jar needs to be modern with articulation and a removeable toungue like ROTS Mas Ameda.

10.) Princess Leia...not counting the vintage endor scout/poncho figure...just start over on Leia. She has yet to really get a good figure.

a retooled VSC luke x wing pilot for a snow speeder pilot with new sculpt amrs, lower half torso/waist and feet with working harpoon weapon, lightsaber, hilt attach to waist, working holster for blaster, grenade attaced to torso, a new sculpt removable helmet or a retooled VTSC luke x wing helmet (no visor), luke must have new sculpt ball jointed shoulders/elbows and ball jointed ankles, the upper torso retooled for a collar.

the rest I want that!

Sinscia Fat'o
09-04-2007, 10:35 AM
a retooled VSC luke x wing pilot for a snow speeder pilot with new sculpt amrs, lower half torso/waist and feet with working harpoon weapon, lightsaber, hilt attach to waist, working holster for blaster, grenade attaced to torso, a new sculpt removable helmet or a retooled VTSC luke x wing helmet (no visor), luke must have new sculpt ball jointed shoulders/elbows and ball jointed ankles, the upper torso retooled for a collar.

the rest I want that!

Well yes he does need to be made but i would be happy if they just made him the same way they made Biggs from the TAC.

bigbarada
09-04-2007, 12:30 PM

This figure was released in 2001 under the POTJ line and it doesn't sound like you've seen him at all. Because if you had, you would know that there is no way Hasbro could really improve on that figure, he was perfect in every way. 18 folding arms (each with two points of articulation), a swivel head, swivel midsection and a main arm that could be rotated, for a grand total of 39 points of articulation! I guess they could remake the main arm and have it telescoping like in the movie; but that's really the only improvement that might be possible on this figure.

A definite candidate for a rerelease, no resculpt will ever be necessary.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-04-2007, 02:01 PM
1. Admireal Ackbar (63)
2.Gammorean Guard (52)
3.Luke Skywalker (Snow Speeder Pilot) (49)
3. Weeoquay (49)
4. Dr Evazden (42)
5. Emperor Palaptine (ROTJ) (30)
6. Wedge Antillies (27)
7.Obi Wan Kenobi (ANH) (25)
7. Luke Skywalker (DS2) (25)
8. Wicket W Warrick (24)
9. Yak Face (23)
9. Uncle Owen (ANH) (23)
10. Qui Gon Jinn (18)

Thats the standings thus far in the top resculpts, ive been trying to get responses at Rebel Scum as well, but thats not going well, to say the least. The entire top 10 is all very deserving. Even though i would say we'll see at least two of these next year.

El Chuxter
09-04-2007, 02:16 PM
1) Dr. Evazan:
Moreso than any other figure, this speaking character got screwed over. The original was bad even for the time, and the re-releases have just gotten new paintwashes. We need one that looks like the guy, not like a supporting character from Goof Troop.

2) Mon Mothma (ROTJ):
The likeness was okay for the time, so she didn't get quite as short shrift as Evazan, but pretty close. This figure is an embarassment now.

3) Luke Skywalker (ROTJ):
Please. One of the most important costumes of the most important character, and the best we can get still looks like butt.

4) Palpatine (ROTJ):
Another main character, and we just have two salt shakers, one of which is permanently seated. Oh, and that abortion from the Saga line with the humongazoid hood. I wouldn't be averse to using parts from the original Darth Sidious figure, or the Evolutions Sidious. Same guy, after all. Just an older, scarred head.

5) Gamorrean Guard:
Too many of these running around to have only one incredibly scene-specific figure. This one could be improved on in many ways, not the least of which would be giving him two hands. And a force pike would be nice, too.

6) Jar Jar Binks (TPM):
Love him or hate him, we spend most of TPM looking at him. The latest figure was from 2000, and it was the first with new (static) legs. Oh, wait, I forgot "silly tongue" Jar Jar. Just a nice, neutral figure that can be used in displays without looking too much like butt.

7) Admiral Ackbar:
The original is still pretty decent, but the guy deserves a nicer figure if frigging Hammerhead and Bossk are going to get updated every six months.

8) Ponda Baba:
Original blew away the Evazan figure. That's all that can really be said for it. The re-release added a removable arm. That's all that can be said for that one.

9) Nien Nunb:
Just a cool-looking little background alien. But the figure almost looks vintage compared to the stuff they can put out now.

10) Handmaiden Padme (Tatooine):
She narrowly beat out Outlander Disguise Anakin, both of whom I think are important figures that need to be revisited. Although the Anakin is a far inferior figure, I think this Padme is a more important character and costume. It's what she wears for a good part of TPM. And the original, though good for the time, is pretty lacking now.

I'd say Qui-Gon, but I'll wait to see the Evolutions figure. And Mace, though we haven't got a decent one, can be easily built from existing parts (maybe the popsicle-back Mace head on the TSC body?).

PloKoon_08
09-04-2007, 04:38 PM
This figure was released in 2001 under the POTJ line and it doesn't sound like you've seen him at all. Because if you had, you would know that there is no way Hasbro could really improve on that figure, he was perfect in every way. 18 folding arms (each with two points of articulation), a swivel head, swivel midsection and a main arm that could be rotated, for a grand total of 39 points of articulation! I guess they could remake the main arm and have it telescoping like in the movie; but that's really the only improvement that might be possible on this figure.

A definite candidate for a rerelease, no resculpt will ever be necessary.

Really, that's very interesting. Of course, you would be right, I knew he was released in the modern era, but I never saw him. POTJ was screwed over here where I live. I maybe saw... a wave or two...

Sinscia Fat'o
09-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Really, that's very interesting. Of course, you would be right, I knew he was released in the modern era, but I never saw him. POTJ was screwed over here where I live. I maybe saw... a wave or two...

I never seen him either, Eoth Koth, and Black Dress Padme were the only ones from the last waves of POTJ i ever ran across in my area since distro in my area for this line was very, very poor, but not as poor at TAC has been this year.

bigbarada
09-04-2007, 07:26 PM

I would highly recommend ordering him online or checking ebay, he still can be found for relatively cheap. You really won't regret it, the figure is one of the high points of the entire Star Wars line.... absolutely amazing.

El Chuxter
09-04-2007, 08:41 PM
BigB's right: He (it?) really is one of the greatest SW figures ever made. Especially considering that, in the movie, he (it?) was just a big trashcan with arms. :)

Gothiczartan
09-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Well yes he does need to be made but i would be happy if they just made him the same way they made Biggs from the TAC.

biggs needed a movie accurate with ball jointed shoulders and elbows for holding a helmet better and the leg strap on the right leg just like it was shown in the movie!

the VTSC luke pilot looks just fine and he's 100% movie accurate!

I would like a all new sculpt luke snowspeeder pilot.

1. Admireal Ackbar (63)
2.Gammorean Guard (52)
3. Weeoquay (49)
4. Dr Evazden (42)
6. Wedge Antillies (27)
8. Wicket W Warrick (24)
9. Yak Face (23)
9. Uncle Owen (ANH) (23)
10. Qui Gon Jinn (18)

Thats the standings thus far in the top resculpts, ive been trying to get responses at Rebel Scum as well, but thats not going well, to say the least. The entire top 10 is all very deserving. Even though i would say we'll see at least two of these next year.

a generic x wing pilot in new sculpt with all the ball jointed sockets on arms and legs would be great since a wing pilot and luke x wing (VTSC) already has them and they are all movie accurrate.

pegger
09-05-2007, 10:06 AM
In no particular order:

Dr. Evasian
Uncle Owen
Luke in Snowspeeder gear
Ghost Yoda (same colouring as Ghost Ben)
Emperor Palpatine from ROTS
Red Leader
Admiral Piett
Jar Jar Binks (it is time for a new one)
Wedge Antillies
Bacara

And I agree on FX-7 . One of the best figures ever made. My favorite, in fact.

Gothiczartan
09-05-2007, 02:43 PM
y wing pilot
new sculpt figure with same helmet from movie 3 pack pilots

generic x wing pilot
new sculpt or retooled luke figure and same helmet (chin strap)

bigg darklighter pilot
new sculpt movie accurate (leg band on right leg and hose attached on left side of torso) I want him improved as seen in movie in the future!

wedge antilles
new sculpt or retooled luke figure and same helmet of luke (shin strap)

generic a wing pilot
retooled TAC a wing pilot with new sculpt head with same cap and new sculpt helmet

grand moff tarkin
new sculpt with call jointed neck and shoulders, swivel elbows and feet

Sinscia Fat'o
09-05-2007, 03:01 PM
In no particular order:

Dr. Evasian
Uncle Owen
Luke in Snowspeeder gear
Ghost Yoda (same colouring as Ghost Ben)
Emperor Palpatine from ROTS
Red Leader
Admiral Piett
Jar Jar Binks (it is time for a new one)
Wedge Antillies
Bacara

And I agree on FX-7 . One of the best figures ever made. My favorite, in fact.

Out of all the lists ive seen no one has mentioned sprit of yoda! I forgot about that one myself, hopefully with a new sprit of anakin coming out we'll get a new yoda. And yes Jar-Jar has been long over looked for a new figure but i want him to be SA, since he's so animiated, it would be cool to be able to pose him in a few iconic poses like sticking his tongue ETC.

I've been hoping they would rerelease FX-7 since i never found him, i figured he would creep back in within the next few years, course im lazy when it comes to tracking down figures i need lol.

Gothiczartan
09-05-2007, 03:12 PM
ROTS yoda jedi master with soft good robe, saber hilt with removable saber

Sinscia Fat'o
09-05-2007, 05:13 PM
ROTS yoda jedi master with soft good robe, saber hilt with removable saber

Honestly the tin yoda is very close to what your looking for, and its nothing more than the VOTC Yoda repacked. I suggest tracking that figure down and adding the lightsaber hilt to the waste, espically since that Yoda is the best one we've gotten.

Gothiczartan
09-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Honestly the tin yoda is very close to what your looking for, and its nothing more than the VOTC Yoda repacked. I suggest tracking that figure down and adding the lightsaber hilt to the waste, espically since that Yoda is the best one we've gotten.

alright! they can still use the ROTS yoda (that came with a removable plastic jedi robe) and this time a soft good jedi robe and lightsaber!

JediTricks
09-06-2007, 01:03 AM
1. Admireal Ackbar (63)
2.Gammorean Guard (52)
3. Weeoquay (49)
4. Dr Evazden (42)
6. Wedge Antillies (27)
8. Wicket W Warrick (24)
9. Yak Face (23)
9. Uncle Owen (ANH) (23)
10. Qui Gon Jinn (18)

Thats the standings thus far in the top resculpts, ive been trying to get responses at Rebel Scum as well, but thats not going well, to say the least. The entire top 10 is all very deserving. Even though i would say we'll see at least two of these next year.Of that list, here's how I'd consider buying them:

1. Admireal Ackbar (Only a "maybe", but if it's good more like a "probably")
2.Gammorean Guard (definitely at least 2)
3.Luke Skywalker (Snow Speeder Pilot) (definitely 1, maybe more)
3. Weeoquay (another "maybe/probably")
4. Dr Evazden (likely but I can see them screwing it up too)
5. Emperor Palaptine (ROTJ) (definitely unless it's crap)
6. Wedge Antillies (another "maybe/probably")
7.Obi Wan Kenobi (ANH) (definitely, maybe 2 just because of who it is)
7. Luke Skywalker (DS2) (ABSOLUTELY, like 3 of 'em)
8. Wicket W Warrick (light "maybe" at best)
9. Yak Face (nah)
9. Uncle Owen (ANH) (maybe, no strong feelings)
10. Qui Gon Jinn (another mild maybe)

BTW, I think FX-7 is a little overrated as a figure, it's good but it's not the best thing ever, it's just a well-articulated set piece. Granted, that's all it needed to be, but that only means it enjoys quality execution, not that it's the end-all be-all.

IMO, Hasbro should either Saga Legends FX-7 or include it in a Battle Pack.

Gothiczartan
09-06-2007, 01:21 AM
vizan with sail barge guns (retooled vizan or a new sculpt)
wicket
2-1b
dack ralter
wedge antilles snowspeeder pilot
wedge antilles (movie accurate)
bigg darklighter (movie accurate maybe in the future)
luke skywalker snowspeeder pilot
leia hoth
han bespin
zuckuss
senator padme amidala in white suit w/soft good cape
senator padme anidala in white suit battle damage
anakin skywalker TPM w/removable podracer helmet
jar jar binks

El Chuxter
09-06-2007, 01:30 AM
vizan with sail barge guns (retooled vizan or a new sculpt)

Who?

2-1b

Already confirmed for next year.

han bespin

I take it you've not got the POTJ Bespin Escape Han? There's not much improving to be done. He may be the best Han of all.

senator padme amidala in white suit w/soft good cape

While I'm not too excited about the screaming head sculpt, the Saga figure from 2003-4 was quite nice. I'd rather get some more of her outfits before revisiting this one.

Gothiczartan
09-06-2007, 02:56 AM
AS- ST Driver would be a cool figure with removable helmet

Sinscia Fat'o
09-06-2007, 04:54 PM
I've polled at Rebel Scum, and The Force Net as well and have compiled all of the numbers and such, and have gotten this i went ahead and showed the top 25, because everything after that is a cluster.

1. Admireal Ackbar (99)
2. Dr Evazden (88)
3.Gammorean Guard (76)
4. Emperor Palaptine (ROTJ) (62)
4. Weeoquay (62)
5.Luke Skywalker (Snow Speeder Pilot) (61)
6. Wicket W Warrick (53)
6. Luke Skywalker (DS2) (53)
7. Uncle Owen (ANH) (46)
8. Walrus Man (Ponda Boba) (44)
9. EV-9D9 (41)
10. Logray (38)

Ackabr has went back and forth the whole time but is the most consistant with requests for resculpting, alot of people want him, but most people felt he was a better choice for the vintage line, as do i for that matter but i would take a normal one if it was updated.

The good Dr Evazden has also been very consistant as well and most die hard collectors seem like they want him. While i do think he deserves a retake, i doubt it will happen anytime soon but with hasbro you never know.

Gamorean Guards, much like Ackbar most people wanted this one in the vintage line, but with it not being around and this not being a good evolutions figure choice...i wouldn't bet on him being around anytime soon,espically since we last seen him in the OTC, though it was a mere repack of the POTF2 which while sculpted great had no great appeal to newer figures.

Palaptine and Weeoquay, i thought these two would have been 1 and 2 since both of these deserve a retake espically the emperor...god POTF2 was horrid and everyone after has been very close to being as bad. While Weeoquay is stuck in a pose and most collectors hate that myself included, and much like the Gamorean hes lacking compared to newer figures.

Luke Snow Speeder pilot, while it deserves a retake, and did lead for a while, alot of people have commented that they need to make the rest of the pilots before they go to hoth repaints and such. I think they should just repaint VOTC Luke X-wing with the right gloves and such and call it a day.

Wicket, he lingered around the middle teens for a while and then came out swinging and yes de does need a new sculpt to match his brethern, because this figure from POTF2 doesnt fit next to newer ewoks. Luke DS2, like ive said before it will be a cold day in hell before we see this in my opinion.

Uncle owen, i like the old drunk look but i would buy one if he was able to sit down and had some articulation and soft goods, maybe a bottle of jawa juice or something to would be cool...though a vaporator would be much better.

Walrus Man, god he needs a update the older POTF2 sucks, and badly.

EV-9D9, i dont know why...i really dont, but people wanted this think much like wicket and logray, he came out of no where and made the top ten. Did i mention why would anyone want another one of these after the POTF2 peg warmed forever?

Logray, like Wicket he dont look right next to other ewoks from modern lines.

and the rest of the line up. I was real surprised the EU didnt get no love from characters like Kyle Katarn, Asajj, ETC, but most of these with the exception of Xizor didnt even make the top 30.

11. Yak Face (35)
12. Luke Skywalker (Storm Trooper) (34) (Coming out)
12. Captain Piet (34)
13. Wedge Antillies (29)
14. General Grievous (27)
15.Obi Wan Kenobi (ANH) (25)
16. Zuckuss (24)
16. Nien Numb (24)
17 Jar Jar Binks (21)
18. Mom Mothma (20)
18. Princess Leia (Hoth) (20)
19.. Oola (19)
19. Princess Leia (Ewok Village) (19)
20. Qui Gon Jinn (18) (Already coming out)
21. Grand Moff Tarkin (17)
22. Red Leader (15)
23. Luke Skywalker (Endor) (14)
24. SA Tie Fighter Pilot (13)
24. Han Solo (Storm Trooper) (13) (Already Coming out)
25. Xizor (12)

Gothiczartan
09-06-2007, 07:10 PM
I've polled at Rebel Scum, and The Force Net as well and have compiled all of the numbers and such, and have gotten this i went ahead and showed the top 25, because everything after that is a cluster.

1. Admireal Ackbar (99)
2. Dr Evazden (88)
3.Gammorean Guard (76)
4. Weeoquay (62)
6. Wicket W Warrick (53)
7. Uncle Owen (ANH) (46)
9. EV-9D9 (41)
10. Logray (38)

Ackabr has went back and forth the whole time but is the most consistant with requests for resculpting, alot of people want him, but most people felt he was a better choice for the vintage line, as do i for that matter but i would take a normal one if it was updated.

The good Dr Evazen has also been very consistant as well and most die hard collectors seem like they want him. While i do think he deserves a retake, i doubt it will happen anytime soon but with hasbro you never know.

Gamorean Guards, much like Ackbar most people wanted this one in the vintage line, but with it not being around and this not being a good evolutions figure choice...i wouldn't bet on him being around anytime soon,espically since we last seen him in the OTC, though it was a mere repack of the POTF2 which while sculpted great had no great appeal to newer figures.

Palaptine and Weeoquay, i thought these two would have been 1 and 2 since both of these deserve a retake espically the emperor...god POTF2 was horrid and everyone after has been very close to being as bad. While Weeoquay is stuck in a pose and most collectors hate that myself included, and much like the Gamorean hes lacking compared to newer figures.

Luke Snow Speeder pilot, while it deserves a retake, and did lead for a while, alot of people have commented that they need to make the rest of the pilots before they go to hoth repaints and such. I think they should just repaint VOTC Luke X-wing with the right gloves and such and call it a day.

Wicket, he lingered around the middle teens for a while and then came out swinging and yes de does need a new sculpt to match his brethern, because this figure from POTF2 doesnt fit next to newer ewoks. Luke DS2, like ive said before it will be a cold day in hell before we see this in my opinion.

Uncle owen, i like the old drunk look but i would buy one if he was able to sit down and had some articulation and soft goods, maybe a bottle of jawa juice or something to would be cool...though a vaporator would be much better.

Walrus Man, god he needs a update the older POTF2 sucks, and badly.

EV-9D9, i dont know why...i really dont, but people wanted this think much like wicket and logray, he came out of no where and made the top ten. Did i mention why would anyone want another one of these after the POTF2 peg warmed forever?

Logray, like Wicket he dont look right next to other ewoks from modern lines.

11. Yak Face (35)
12. Luke Skywalker (Storm Trooper) (34) (Coming out)
12. Captain Piet (34)
13. Wedge Antillies (29)
16. Zuckuss (24)
16. Nien Numb (24)
17 Jar Jar Binks (21)
18. Mom Mothma (20)
19.. Oola (19)
20. Qui Gon Jinn (18) (Already coming out)
22. Red Leader (15)
24. Han Solo (Storm Trooper) (13) (Already Coming out)
25. Xizor (12)

they have to retooled VTSC luke x wing with new sculpt arms because the crease lines on the sleeves of jacket and the upper torso needs retooling fo add the collar around the neck. they have to add a new lower part of torso molsed to waist (lower part of jacket with belt included holster for gun) and new feet (right boots), still have the same leg straps this time will be removable, it will be best if they make a all new sculpt luke snow speeder pilot figure in correct movie accurate, fully articulated and accessories for movie scene (grenade attach to torso, lightsaber w/removable blade, gun, removable helmet with visor or no visor, working harpoon weapon).

check these link to show this figure should be made like this

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/2475/lukesnowspeederpilotconoc0.jpg

wedge antilles needed new sculpt or maybe a retooled luke x wing pilot

they got to reuse the TAC luke jedi for a correct jedi tunic, cloak, innerchangeble right hand, gloves hand, blast damage hand, same accessories from luke figure except for the bone.

they also can reuse this TAC luke jedi and add the endor poncho, belt, gun, lightsaber and hat from TSC luke endor

Gothiczartan
09-06-2007, 07:55 PM

the soft good robe does not have a hood. they got to make a new soft good jedi robe that has a hood to add on yoda figure (ROTS)

JediTricks
09-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Luke Trooper may be coming out, but it already needs a resculpt, the body is a standard TAC Stormtrooper body and thus needs to be a whole centimeter shorter for Luke's height. Plus, that head they used for this is not right for the application at all. And it's a comics 2packs repaint, c'mon. :p

Sinscia Fat'o
09-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Luke Trooper may be coming out, but it already needs a resculpt, the body is a standard TAC Stormtrooper body and thus needs to be a whole centimeter shorter for Luke's height. Plus, that head they used for this is not right for the application at all. And it's a comics 2packs repaint, c'mon. :p

I know, but we all know what Hasbro is going to say about bringing another Luke/Han Trooper out within the next two years. Though i like the Luke Comic trooper, the height is a issue but hey nothings perfect, and yes the head looks a little acward, kinda luke when he was twelve.

JediTricks
09-07-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm still keeping it on my list! :D

Sinscia Fat'o
09-09-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm still keeping it on my list! :D

LOL. who knows maybe they'll retool him for the new two packs. I wouldn't bet on it, but ya never know. I hope they repaint han's hair while they're at it... pitch black is a little too different.

JediTricks
09-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah, right. :p That's about as likely as getting a stuffed General Grievous in wave 9.

I think they need to do them both single-carded CORRECTLY. It's just too major a piece of the OT to leave done wrong or not at all for so long.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-11-2007, 02:49 PM
As long as this stuffed good general Greivous is to scale i would be pleased! LOL.

Gothiczartan
10-08-2007, 11:01 PM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2789126&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#2789126

check this list out!

El Chuxter
10-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Who's Peter Cushion?

Gothiczartan
10-09-2007, 12:58 AM
Who's Peter Cushion?

I guess that was the late actor who played grand moff tarkin. I guess someone must of spelled his name wrong.

Mister Roboto
10-09-2007, 09:38 AM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2789126&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#2789126

check this list out!

Wow. A list of figures.:tired: Thanks.:rolleyes:

Gothiczartan
10-10-2007, 11:30 PM
yakface, oola and ree yees should be remade into figures

Sinscia Fat'o
04-07-2008, 12:29 PM
1. Admireal Ackbar (99)
2. Dr Evazden (88)
3.Gammorean Guard (76)
4. Weeoquay (62)
6. Wicket W Warrick (53)
7. Uncle Owen (ANH) (46)
9. EV-9D9 (41)
10. Logray (38)
11. Yak Face (35)
12. Luke Skywalker (Storm Trooper) (34)
12. Captain Piet (34)
13. Wedge Antillies (29)
16. Zuckuss (24)
16. Nien Numb (24)
17 Jar Jar Binks (21)
18. Mom Mothma (20)
19.. Oola (19)
20. Qui Gon Jinn (18) (
22. Red Leader (15)
24. Han Solo (Storm Trooper) (13)
25. Xizor (12)

The resculpts in bold are one's we're getting this year, or have already gotten.

Xizor, the 25th over all wanted figure from the POTF2 day's is coming in a comic pack and looked very good from what i've seen.

Han Solo (Storm Trooper), we got in a comic pack, both marvel shading and without blue highlights, and this wasn't a bad figure.

Qui Gonn Jinn, we got in a Evoltions set, and was really the best Qui Gonn they have made so far.

Princess Leia (Hoth), we're getting her in a Comic Two Pack, but there is still some concern whether this figure will have a SA update or will just be mildly retooled from the POTF2 figure...We'll have to wait and see.

Wedge Antillies, we're getting Wedge in a Evolutions set or with a X-Wing...we'll have to wait until Comic Con to get the news on this one, but they have said we're getting a new wedge.

Luke Skywalker (Storm Trooper), other than the scale the figure was okay, and we got two different versions of him both with marvel style shading, and without.

The figures listed in red are rumored by hasbro that will be avilable in 09 or in the future beyond that. Some may also be in the 08 line up from what we've heard or seen...which isn't much.

Gothiczartan
04-12-2008, 07:45 AM
how many votes so far?

bigbarada
04-12-2008, 11:15 AM
EXPANDED UNIVERSE
Dash Rendar (9 Votes)
Kyle Katarn (8 Votes)
Luke – Dark Empire (8 Votes)
Mara Jade (8 Votes)
Spacetrooper (8 Votes)
Clone Emperor (7 Votes)
Darktrooper (7 Votes)
Thall Joben (7 Votes)
Dulok King (6 Votes)
Dulok Queen (6 Votes)
Dulok Shaman (6 Votes)
Dulok Warrior (6 Votes)
Imperial Sentinel (6 Votes)
Jann Tosh (6 Votes)
Jord Dusat (6 Votes)
Kea Moll (6 Votes)
Kez-Iban (6 Votes)
Luke Skywalker (Imperial Guard Disguise) (6 Votes)
Sise Fromm (6 Votes)
Tig Fromm (6 Votes)
Uncle Gundy (6 Votes)
Vlix (6 Votes)
Prince Xizor (5 Votes)
Princess Leia – Dark Empire (5 Votes)

It's cool that the Droids and Ewoks figures are holding their own pretty well along with all the other EU figures.