PDA

View Full Version : Comic 2-packs Wave 3 out now!

tagmac
08-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Stopped in Target this morning to buy the new Simpsons DVD, and hit the toy aisle since I saw them resetting it yesterday, hoping to find Wave 4 of the TAC figs. Instead, they had the new comic sets out, so I picked up one of each. Haven't had a chance to open them yet, but so far the Luke/Mara and Hett/Dark Woman ones look great (and all new figs, too). Not sure I like the Vader helmet resculpt in the other pack, but I bought it more for the new Jedi Leia figure.

DarkArtist
08-07-2007, 05:10 PM
I found the Vader/ Leia in Walmart last week and love it. The Vader is Awesome, have him commanding the 501st into action. I love the storyline for the Empire Infinties as well.

Ji'dai
08-07-2007, 05:25 PM
This is the first wave I'm interested in getting. I saw all three at TRU last week but the paint jobs were bad so I passed. I figured they'll end up pegwarming like the previous two waves so no rush.

pbarnard
08-07-2007, 05:32 PM
I passed on the Leia/Vader one because of the Vader being half concept half real version, and I just don't need another man in black. Picked up the rest and looking at grabbing more for customs purposes. Last wave and this wave aren't staying on the pegs here, only thing warming is Tarkin/Stormie here.

Sinscia Fat'o
08-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Can't wait to find all three of these...i've been waiting on a SA mara Jade since the POTF2 one all those years ago! The Leia jedi is also a plus. I really can't wait to find all of these. The other two waves sell out around here as soon as they hit the shelves, so i imagine this one will be no different if not a little harder to obtain. Now if they would just update Aura Sing...The Dark Woman and Ahrad, with Vos and Aayla would make a great scene build....

figrin bran
08-07-2007, 09:48 PM
I've only found Dark Woman/A'sharad and Mara/Luke so far. Love the first pack, disappointed with the second.

I wish Hasbro would stop this trend of ankle articulation when there isn't even knee articulation.

Mara and Luke suffer from overly large gun holsters. Seems odd since Hasbro has tended to scale down the weapons just so the holsters look okay.

I think I'm going to cut off A'sharad's green blades and glue some red ones on.

Of the 4 figures I got, I like An'ya Kuro (Dark Woman) the best. Even with that pesky ankle but no knee articulation, it has a great sculpt, great detailing on her saber hilt (even though the plastic is a bit flimsy). and besides, it's great to get a non alien female jedi figure for once.

Kidhuman
08-08-2007, 02:32 PM
The Vader has a removeable helmet and is a nice set. Leia is pretty cool. Luke has ankle articulation, but no kneww. Mara is pretty cool also. HAvent gotten the other set yet.

Tycho
08-09-2007, 01:28 AM
I got Luke / Mara through the efforts of my collecting friend today. I skipped hunting but he came up with the goods.

I think this paint job is nearly perfect (I turned them down before) but I will hold out on opening them for the time being until I see what else I can come up with.

Devo
08-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Whats the face sculpt like on Luke?

pbarnard
08-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Whats the face sculpt like on Luke?

Very similar to the OTC Jabba's Palace/Saga Endor version except as a ball joint, not post. Probably one of the better Luke like heads out there.

I have a small issue with the forehead on Mara. She's got a gigantic one.

JediTricks
08-09-2007, 03:37 PM
I think the head on Luke is the same head as the upcoming Luke Jedi figure, the one with the soft goods vest.

jamesbondo07
08-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I found all 3 of the comic 2-packs today. I really like the vader. Especially the damage they added to his right shoulder.

bigbarada
08-09-2007, 08:11 PM
I think the head on Luke is the same head as the upcoming Luke Jedi figure, the one with the soft goods vest.

I think it might be and I find it really annoying that the "rerelease" of this headsculpt has made it into stores before it's initial release.:stupid:

I bought the Luke/Mara set because it's such a nice headsculpt on Luke and I kind of like the "casual" look of his pilot outfit (although that helmet is crap). I'm a little bothered by the lack of knee articulation and the fact that his arms are permanently bent in that 90 degree angle.

Kidhuman
08-09-2007, 08:54 PM
I agree BigB, the articulation on them is meh at best, but 2 figs for ten bucks isnt so bad really. I just dont understand ankle articulation and no knee articulation

figrin bran
08-09-2007, 09:49 PM
I don't understand ankle but no knee articulation either!

However, I love the sculpts especially on Dark Woman and A'sharad (on a side note, I just found out an intriguing development about him in the Legacy comics series, which admittedly I've stopped reading a long time ago). I love how DW's skirt doesn't limit articulation at all. Then again, no knee articulation lessens the impact of that.

Tycho
08-10-2007, 12:23 PM
I got and opened A'Sharad Hett and the Dark Woman today. Gosh I really love these Expanded Universe figures.

This is exactly what I always wanted from Hasbro's Star Wars collection. The EU is amazing in many aspects and it's really how Star Wars continues to live beyond the movies.

Remember Rogues' Gallery and my EU polls I used to do with Mark@Rebelscum? This is exactly what I always wanted! I'm so glad I can purchase these!

jedi master sal
08-10-2007, 03:19 PM
I got and opened A'Sharad Hett and the Dark Woman today. Gosh I really love these Expanded Universe figures.

This is exactly what I always wanted from Hasbro's Star Wars collection. The EU is amazing in many aspects and it's really how Star Wars continues to live beyond the movies.

Remember Rogues' Gallery and my EU polls I used to do with Mark@Rebelscum? This is exactly what I always wanted! I'm so glad I can purchase these!

Good for you, now go change your shorts..sounds like you made a mess, LOL.

JediTricks
08-10-2007, 05:16 PM
I think it might be and I find it really annoying that the "rerelease" of this headsculpt has made it into stores before it's initial release.:stupid:You're gonna be even happier then when the set with Luke as an Imperial comes out, the female Imp in that set is a "prerelease" of the female Imp from the Force Unleashed wave. :p

I see what ya mean though, they've been dragging this TAC line out too thin and that basic figure should have been out by now.

jedi master sal
08-11-2007, 04:40 AM
I found and my fiancee paid for me two of the comic packs tonight.
A'Sharad Hett/Dark Woman
Leia/Vader

I'm actually VERY pleased will all four figures.
Hett has really good articulation. I like the removable Tusken headwrap. Plenty of accessories with him too.
Dark Woman is a great sculpt even if she lacks in articulation. I didn't have a huge desire to have the character before, so the limited articulation is fine with me. This character never need be revisted, IMO. Again though I like the sculpt.
Leia is so tiny. But wow she packs a wallop in articulation. Excellent fig, IMO. And potential for custom female Jedi.
Vader is excellent. Okay so the knees don't bend. That's fine, I'd never have a need to put him n a kneeling position anyway. He looks MUCH better staning up being all menacing. And the removable armor/helmet is quite a nice touch. The fact that it's an imagined version of the armor is cool. I like it. I don't really need another Vader, but hasbor twice this year has found a way to get me to purchase him again. (The other being the TAC one with the Obi cloak base.)

-Sal

Old Fossil
08-11-2007, 08:55 AM
I bought the Hett/Dark Woman set this morning... once again I am dragged, kicking and screaming, into buying one of these comic packs by Hasbro, and ended up being very happy. Hett is super cool... I like the added touches to his saber, and how his headdress fits snugly to accomodate the ponytail. Great articulation on that figure, too.

The Dark Woman looks really good, too.

These comic 2-packs are beginning to be what's keeping the SW action figure line alive and kicking!

Bring on Baron Fel!

Tycho
08-11-2007, 09:43 AM
These comic 2-packs are beginning to be what's keeping the SW action figure line alive and kicking!

I know! Hopefully we'll be able to get a good grasp of who everyone wants to see from our Expanded Universe poll.

I hope Hasbro will regard that well, although some characters like Jaina and Jacen that are on almost everyone's list are not really represented in the comic books. But that doesn't mean they can't be single-carded figures like Force Unleashed or Darth Revan, Darth Malak are.

I don't think there's a risk in carding them or Yuuzhan Vong for that matter, and those figures not selling. That'd be ridiculous.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Found wave 3 at Target today. They only had one of each except for the Leia/Vader pack, of which there were two. I noticed that the comic book seemed to be buckled a bit on the Luke/Mara and the Hett/Dark Woman packs. None of my other comic packs have had that problem.

jedi master sal
08-11-2007, 04:12 PM
I bought the Hett/Dark Woman set this morning... once again I am dragged, kicking and screaming, into buying one of these comic packs by Hasbro, and ended up being very happy. Hett is super cool... I like the added touches to his saber, and how his headdress fits snugly to accomodate the ponytail. Great articulation on that figure, too.

The Dark Woman looks really good, too.

Bring on Baron Fel!

You know I think you may have something there. There are some on the pegs, but never too many it seems. I do wish they'd move away from the Marvel ones though, but understand they have their fans to. (Though I still want a Jaxxon)

I'm greatly looking forward to some of the sets coming out. The white Republic Commando, Assassin Battle droid (or whatever it's called) are two I'm really looking forward to and will buy extras of.

While not a huge fan of Baron Fel, he's certainly found his place within the Saga and I welcome his release.

waboritas
08-11-2007, 07:22 PM
It is a tax free holiday weekend in MA and I had a dentist Apt. at 9. When I got toTarget aroun 11:30 there was only a Hett and Dark Woman set. Had I made my normal 8:00 AM visit, I'm sure I would have got the other two sets. Very happy with the one I got.

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 04:29 AM
Spotted all 3 sets at Target yesterday. I have to admit, the Mara figure has some paint problems - they never should have cast her head in the orange color and tried to paint her face, it extends her forehead and makes her eyes not stick evenly. They also left the top of the ball joint unpainted which looks lousy since it's PURPLE and you can see it with her head on.

I bought Luke & Mara, Mara is really good in general - though I thought her blaster was supposed to be a tiny "hold out" blaster, not some massive Glock! Her rubbery saber sucks, I got it to go straight but in her hand it immediately warped - still, nice to have a removable blade. Luke is ok, I like his accessories though I am sick to death of that POTJ Obi-Wan saber with the ultra-long blade. I like the outfit. The only thing I don't like are the perma-bent elbows, that's unacceptable.

I also picked up Leia/Vader. Leia is pretty good, but something's not quite right about how they did the head and I can't figure out what, maybe the way the ball joint cuts into the chin or holds it forward. I dig her saber but that blade is way too long. Vader meanwhile is a cool addition, I like the removable bits and battle damage and "imagined" state with Batman cape, the only thing that would have been better is universal shoulder articulation and a longer lightsaber, it looks pathetic next to Leia's.

Old Fossil
08-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Well I twisted Asharad Hett's head off yesterday. Broke the neck-peg. Don't know if it's a design flaw, or just me... most likely the latter. Gonna get in touch with Hasbro Customer Service and try to get a replacement.

Tycho
08-14-2007, 07:49 AM
Well I twisted Asharad Hett's head off yesterday. Broke the neck-peg. Don't know if it's a design flaw, or just me... most likely the latter. Gonna get in touch with Hasbro Customer Service and try to get a replacement.

That's very scary! I still want to find 3 more of him and don't want to be replacing my loose one as that'd make the total up to 4!

I'm sorry yours broke though. That sucks, Dude.

JediTricks
08-15-2007, 03:48 AM
Noticing more Mara Jades, some have better eyes than mine, but none have better foreheads. Looking closely, it's plain to see the paint mask isn't close enough or is cut wrong because they're painting right into the sculpted hair which looks odd. I tried to scrape the paint off mine, it sorta worked but I didn't really do a great job - even still, it looks considerably better anyway.

Well I twisted Asharad Hett's head off yesterday. Broke the neck-peg. Don't know if it's a design flaw, or just me... most likely the latter. Gonna get in touch with Hasbro Customer Service and try to get a replacement.Did it feel like the peg was fused? Maybe it was just defective, it happens, I have gotten a few fused shoulders and wrists on rare occasion. I'd suggest trying to get satisfaction out of wherever you bought it, perhaps even going so far as to buying a replacement at Target and then returning the busted one in its place (not ethical). I mention this because, although I've had great luck in the past with Hasbro customer service, about 2 months ago I sent in a product and have been waiting and waiting, they said they just sent it out last week but I haven't seen anything yet.

Old Fossil
08-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Did it feel like the peg was fused? Maybe it was just defective, it happens, I have gotten a few fused shoulders and wrists on rare occasion. I'd suggest trying to get satisfaction out of wherever you bought it, perhaps even going so far as to buying a replacement at Target and then returning the busted one in its place (not ethical). I mention this because, although I've had great luck in the past with Hasbro customer service, about 2 months ago I sent in a product and have been waiting and waiting, they said they just sent it out last week but I haven't seen anything yet.

You're right, I think the neck peg was fused. Thanks for the suggestion for replacement, I'll probably try that route first.

password
08-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Are people finding more of the green saber or purple saber Mara Jade?

Kidhuman
08-15-2007, 12:37 PM
I have only seen the green one, didnt know there was a purple

jedi master sal
08-15-2007, 03:36 PM
I have only seen the green one, didnt know there was a purple

Cripes another freakin' variant? The green one is correct that I know of. It's the one I'll look for. Though if there truly is a purple one and I happen upon it (not searching it out), I'll get it for the heck of it, for trade.

I'd like to see a pic of this variant though. One still MOC and a clear shot of the toy.

bigbarada
08-15-2007, 04:21 PM
In the set I bought, Mara has a purple lightsaber.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-15-2007, 06:47 PM
I only saw the one set that I bought. She has a green saber, but the picture on the back of the card shows her holding a purple saber.

El Chuxter
08-15-2007, 07:26 PM
It should be purple. She hasn't lost her Emperor's Hand saber at that point.

figrin bran
08-15-2007, 09:59 PM
I have Mara with purple saber. I had no idea there was a green one.

JediTricks
08-16-2007, 01:47 AM
Are people finding more of the green saber or purple saber Mara Jade?
Purple is all i've seen so far at 5 different stores.

jedi master sal
08-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Okay, I found this last night at Target and all 4 sets that I saw had the purple saber.

I did pick up the best painted one. I really like the Mara figure from this set. Ankle articulation aside, its a dang fine figure. I actually like the "cut" elbow joints. On a figure who's arms are that skinny, that kind of articulation makes sense. Less intrusive to the mold of the character. The Luke seems more like an afterthought. Permanantly bent elbows? No knee articulation? However the two of them for $10 was a GREAT deal, IMO.

I think Hasbro has really hit their stride with the comic packs. For the most part the articulation and sculpts are good enough. The price is right. The character choices have made sense so far. While I'd have rather had a certain few of these as carded figures with more articulation, I'm very happy with what I've bought so far.

I'm really looking froward to some of the future sets. I'm really hoping the assasin droid is SA. I want several of those.

-Sal

figrin bran
08-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Mara's paint app problems have been well documented in this thread already. However, on my Luke from the same pack, part of the hair along the neckline isn't painted and the ball joint for the head isn't completely painted so you see some grey peeking out on one side of the neck.

I removed his holster and it looks a lot better IMO.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Spotted all 3 sets at Target yesterday. I have to admit, the Mara figure has some paint problems - they never should have cast her head in the orange color and tried to paint her face, it extends her forehead and makes her eyes not stick evenly. They also left the top of the ball joint unpainted which looks lousy since it's PURPLE and you can see it with her head on.I've not opened mine, but I don't seem to see anything wrong with my Mara figure regarding the forehead. I do see the darker color up in the ball-jointed neck, but I think it's probably more noticeable in the package because I'm looking up from underneath more.

tagmac
08-16-2007, 08:31 PM
The one I bought (in what I believe was the first shipment) has the green saber, although today Target had a new shipment, and all three had the purple saber. I'd love to know which one it should be, since the pictures on the package aren't always correct themselves.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Seems like the pictures of her usually show a purple saber, but I also just read on the Star Wars wiki that she lost that saber before Heir to the Empire. Perhaps I read it wrong. I didn't see what lightsaber she did have at that point. I flipped quickly through the comic and all I saw was her using a blue saber to kill C'Baoth. Apparently this was Leia's saber. So, if you have a green saber in the set, it might make sense to switch her saber with Luke's blue one, since he should have a green one I think. The hilts may not be correct though.

Tycho
08-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Luke's is definitely incorrect. He should have his green ROTJ lightsaber always forever after ROTJ except during Dark Empire when he used a red Sith blade, but presumably still had his green saber (or I think it was hidden in R2D2 again).

BTW: in The Hand of Thrawn series (2 books way later in the New Republic era) Mara Jade Skywalker uses the Anakin Skywalker (ROTS, ANH, ESB) saber after Luke gives it to her to show her that she's family. It was recovered from the Clone Luuuuke that Joruus C'Boath and Thrawn created from his hand he'd lost on Bespin (kind of weak, but kind of cool).

This earlier figure of her from the comic 2-pack when she's 27 years old, should NOT have that saber yet.

JediTricks
08-17-2007, 12:48 AM
I flipped quickly through the comic and all I saw was her using a blue saber to kill C'Baoth. Apparently this was Leia's saber. So, if you have a green saber in the set, it might make sense to switch her saber with Luke's blue one, since he should have a green one I think. The hilts may not be correct though.
BTW: in The Hand of Thrawn series (2 books way later in the New Republic era) Mara Jade Skywalker uses the Anakin Skywalker (ROTS, ANH, ESB) saber after Luke gives it to her to show her that she's family. It was recovered from the Clone Luuuuke that Joruus C'Boath and Thrawn created from his hand he'd lost on Bespin (kind of weak, but kind of cool).

This earlier figure of her from the comic 2-pack when she's 27 years old, should NOT have that saber yet.Tycho, I remember it differently, Luke and Luuke are fighting, Luuke is using the ESB saber, Mara pulls the saber to her while the clone is distracted, then uses that ESB saber to destroy a Luke Skywalker as she was commanded by her former master, then she destroys C'baoth with it while pretending to turn to his side.

Luke's is definitely incorrect. He should have his green ROTJ lightsaber always forever after ROTJ except during Dark Empire when he used a red Sith blade, but presumably still had his green saber (or I think it was hidden in R2D2 again).I thought the same thing, but in the comic included in the set he's using a blue saber so it makes sense from that perspective - it's DH accurate.

El Chuxter
08-17-2007, 01:45 AM
JT's remembery of the saber issue in The Last Command is right. Luke then gives the saber to Mara as a gift, since he has a new one.

I also don't know that he used it as a primary saber, but Luke constructed an additional saber using the Kaliburr Crystal (from Splinter of the Mind's Eye) as the focusing crystal.

And, yeah, Mara should have no saber at this point, now that you mention it. Her previous one was purple, and the only time she's seen using a green one is on the erroneous (but cool) cover to Vision of the Future (http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n1/n5546.jpg).

JediTricks
08-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Wow, I know something about the EU, whodathunkit?

I think it makes it a better toy to include the purple saber in this set, it'd be boring to give her the Luke ESB saber - we've all got a million of those now - but she's a Force user and she once did use a purple saber, so better to include a new purple saber than no saber.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2007, 05:46 PM
I got the Luke/Mara and A'Sharad/Dark Woman sets a few days ago, and I like them overall. Mini-review time:

*Luke Skywalker - something is wrong with the proportions here. His head looks small, but that might be since his parachute pants look oddly big? He also has a poorly done paint wash on part of his hair, which makes it look like he has black scratch marks on the back and top of his head. I wish the peg on the end of the helmet's hose plugged into his belt better, but I think he looks better with the helmet on (even though it's not like that in the included comic). He's pretty good otherwise.

*Mara Jade - next to Luke's pinhead, Mara's noggin looks enormous. Something about it makes her look like a doll (the combination of giant size and weird paint), and her limbs are too skinny comparatively. Her head comes off way too easily and I feel like I have to push down every time I turn it or else it'll pop right off. Add to that the ridiculous purple neck junk. From the neck down she's quite nice; if they re-released her with better paint and a new head she'd be much better. Oh, and mine has a faint purple lightsaber.

*A'Sharad Hett - this is probably my favorite out of the four. I have no idea how to use the accessories, as they weren't in the comic (nor was this costume). I'm assuming you're supposed to switch out the top part of the gaffi stick for the lightsaber blade? His Tusken mask looks a little fat on him but that's a minor complaint.

*Dark Woman - I also really, really like this one. Despite her somewhat limited articulation she's quite cool visually. Her lightsaber's hilt seems too big for her tiny hands but it usually works.

Phantom-like Menace
08-18-2007, 09:23 PM
I got my Dark Woman A'Sharad Hett, so I'm happy and I'm current on Jedi now, until Kofi "Anon" and Bultar Swan come out.

DarkArtist
08-23-2007, 05:00 PM
picked up the Mara Jade / Luke Skywalker set as well as Asard Hett and the Dark Woman set today at Walmart.

Tycho
08-23-2007, 08:35 PM
picked up the Mara Jade / Luke Skywalker set as well as Asard Hett and the Dark Woman set today at Walmart.

Do you like them?

El Chuxter
08-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I found a lone Mara and Luke set at Target yesterday. No sign of that really cool character that some brain-dead morons decided would become a Sith Lord because Lucas Licensing is either collectively asleep on the job or too money-hungry to give a rat's a** about decent stories anymore.

DarkArtist
08-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Do you like them?

Sorry just opened them a little while ago. I must say the only thing I don't like about the Mara / Luke set are the lightsabers. They packaged Luke with Obi Wan's POTF blade when the TAC Luke or even TAC Obi Wan blade is available, and Mara's is too weak in the plastic and already looks like I'll be giving her something else to replace the one in the set.

as far as The Dark Woman / Ashard Hett, love this set, wish there was some more articulation in the Dark Woman but no big complaints.

all in all I am really in Love with these Comic Packs that Hasbro has been making, here's hoping that this continues into the future. afterall this might be the best way to get some of the obscure characters from Marvel and Dark Horse like Jaxxon and Jodo Kast, Fenn Shysa and others.

figrin bran
08-23-2007, 09:35 PM
I found a lone Mara and Luke set at Target yesterday. No sign of that really cool character that some brain-dead morons decided would become a Sith Lord because Lucas Licensing is either collectively asleep on the job or too money-hungry to give a rat's a** about decent stories anymore.

That's a bit strange because I've seen the Dark Woman pack about 4 times. Only seen Mara once and still haven't found Leia/Vader.

Kidhuman
08-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Saw the Mara Jade with purple saber today

Mad Slanted Powers
08-23-2007, 11:36 PM
I saw it too, but it was a lot lighter than the purple saber on the back of the package. Has anyone seen one that looks as dark as that?

El Chuxter
08-23-2007, 11:50 PM
Mine's a very light purple, almost blue. At least it's not the green error.

Of course, Luke has a blue ANH Obi-Wan saber, so I guess you can't win them all. At least I can substitute out a proper green saber for him. Extra purple sabers are a bit tougher to find.

jedi master sal
08-24-2007, 01:28 AM
I've not seen sight of a dark purple saber yet. Only light ones in my area.

Kidhuman
08-24-2007, 06:06 AM
The one I saw was light purple also

Phantom-like Menace
08-24-2007, 09:13 AM
I've got no major problem with the Dark Woman/A'Sharad set nor the Leia/Vader set, but I am curious why Hett's lightsaber has been made with such a large diameter. It takes away from what could easily have been a cooler figure.

As it is, it doesn't matter too much as I intend to display Hett with his father's lightsaber and without his Tusken head and neck wrappings.

Isn't the Mara/Luke pack intended to represent their trip through the jungle on Myrkr from the Thrawn Trilogy? If so, Mara was using Luke's blade, whatever color he was using at the time (his green RotJ 'saber?). Yeah, Luuke, the Luke clone was using the Anakin Skywalker 'saber, and Mara inherited that 'saber after killing Luuke.

Tycho
08-24-2007, 09:46 AM
The larger saber hilt can have A'Sharad's gaffi stick added to it to give him a gaffi stick - or you can put the lightsaber blade into it. That's why the hilt is bigger. I think this is really cool. However, they also could have just given you a separate gaffi (gaderffi) stick.

But his "features" help make him probably my favorite figure I've gotten this year.

pbarnard
08-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Isn't the Mara/Luke pack intended to represent their trip through the jungle on Myrkr from the Thrawn Trilogy? If so, Mara was using Luke's blade, whatever color he was using at the time (his green RotJ 'saber?). Yeah, Luuke, the Luke clone was using the Anakin Skywalker 'saber, and Mara inherited that 'saber after killing Luuke.

I was wondering this too, but Hasbro is being consistent with giving comic accurate figures and accessories and inventing a few of their own because Luke should be totally unarmed.

Kidhuman
08-24-2007, 10:09 AM
I was wondering this too, but Hasbro is being consistent with giving comic accurate figures and accessories and inventing a few of their own because Luke should be totally unarmed.

I agree, but it all leads back to why do hologram figures have weapons?

pbarnard
08-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I agree, but it all leads back to why do hologram figures have weapons?

I was only commenting on comic pack figures in which I have the frame of reference of both GI Joes and Star Wars which has been relatively consistent.

Were I to make a very educated guess, when placing the order they take the exact same molds for everything for a holo fig as in the normal and just use the translucent plastic/polyvinyl and not the paint/dye added. Saves on production, packaging, etc as it is a total recycling effort in all other steps.

Kidhuman
08-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Luke should have had the green saber in this pack also because he kills the Vornskr when Jade gets knocked down and then hands it back to her, so he technically does have a weapon in that scene.

TheRealDubya
08-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Just found my first of the Wave 3's -- the Leia and Vader. Very cool. Oddly, at the same time I found Scorch TSC sitting on the peg?! I did a double take and grabbed it. Didn't have one to open yet. Cool.

jedi master sal
08-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Han and Luke Stormtrooper to come out as variant in comic packs SANS blue deco! Check out the pic here (They will still come with the other figure that came in the original pack):

http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC/TAC20stormHANLUKE.jpg

El Chuxter
08-25-2007, 12:35 AM
Are those custom, if not, dude, I am so wasting ten bucks I could better spend on corn dogs.

bigbarada
08-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Han and Luke Stormtrooper to come out as variant in comic packs SANS blue deco! Check out the pic here (They will still come with the other figure that came in the original pack):

http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC/TAC20stormHANLUKE.jpg

I think I'd be better off just paying $7 for another TAC Stormie and making these figures myself.

JediTricks
08-25-2007, 03:26 AM
I think I'd be better off just paying $7 for another TAC Stormie and making these figures myself.
Uhhh... then you'd have to buy a Luke and Han figure as well, so you're talking about $14 per herotrooper.

DarkJedi5
08-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Are those custom, if not, dude, I am so wasting ten bucks I could better spend on corn dogs.

Not customs, EE has them listed as part of the comic packs wave 5. I don't know what I'm going to do with that goofy ape-Chewie but the R2 could be passable as a background droid for a diorama.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2007, 12:18 PM
But we can't be too sure yet. That picture is from RS's photo archives, when someone just put those heads on all-white bodies. Frankly I'd rather see them in a Battlepack or something since I don't need another set of those comics.

Kidhuman
08-25-2007, 12:31 PM
I bought the Dark Woman/Tusken JEdi set. The Tusken Jedi is awesome. I love him. The Dark woman has no articulation beyond the basics. Kind of a boring one pose figure.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Here is the EE product description (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87504E1). No picture with it, but it does say no blue deco. I'll probably wait until they show up in another format.

El Chuxter
08-25-2007, 01:46 PM
I guess they heard us complaining.

Isn't it funny that they often flatly deny things that obviously have to be in the works already (like this, or Spirit of Hayden)?

Banthaholic
08-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I find it funny that Wave 1 is clogging the pegs in everyone of my local stores so that Wave 2 still hasn't hit, and here Hasbro's thinking of a way to re-release them. I'm all for a Han Stormtrooper. but how about Han & Luke together and nix the rest. I'm so psyched for the Comic packs, it'd be nice if I could actually buy them.

Tycho
08-25-2007, 03:16 PM
I bought the Dark Woman/Tusken JEdi set. The Tusken Jedi is awesome. I love him.

A'Sharad is one of the best figures of the YEAR! I think he's certainly the best EU figure to be found in a 2-pack with his interchangeable weapons and great articulation AND removeable headwraps, custom lightsaber hilt, etc.

I really like this one, too!

Sinscia Fat'o
08-25-2007, 03:33 PM
I cant wait to find these, they're starting to show up around here now, and the first case didn't stay on the shelves longer than 15 minutes at our local wal-mart...by the time one of my friends got off the clock to purchase both of us a set, they where gone... Of course Wave 1 and 2 are the same way poor Quinlan Vos and Villie are the only ones that stick around for awhile...figured vader and repel trooper would have been the peg warmers.

figrin bran
08-25-2007, 04:32 PM
A'sharad AND Dark Woman are two of the better figures released this year, I think.

I finally got Leia/Vader today. I saw a few Mara packs but all purple sabered ones.

Vader unmasked looks like David Boreanaz! Leia looks kind of like Kate Beckinsale.

Sinscia Fat'o
08-26-2007, 03:24 PM
A'sharad AND Dark Woman are two of the better figures released this year, I think.

I finally got Leia/Vader today. I saw a few Mara packs but all purple sabered ones.

Vader unmasked looks like David Boreanaz! Leia looks kind of like Kate Beckinsale.

They being hasbro also based the kir kanos head sculpt on David Boreanaz. Which is strange but cool none the less. Maybe we'll get Siri (Who was based off Sarah Michelle Gellar in some pictures) to go with Darth Angel. LOL.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-26-2007, 04:22 PM
They being hasbro also based the kir kanos head sculpt on David Boreanaz. Which is strange but cool none the less. Maybe we'll get Siri (Who was based off Sarah Michelle Gellar in some pictures) to go with Darth Angel. LOL.
If they have a figure based on Boreanaz, then we should get one based on Emily Deschanel.

Sinscia Fat'o
08-26-2007, 04:40 PM
If they have a figure based on Boreanaz, then we should get one based on Emily Deschanel.

LOL. WTFN!

El Chuxter
08-31-2007, 01:45 PM
I found Dark Woman/Asharad and a few Leia/Vaders today.

I've heard the praise heaped on this Vader, and have to ask: As godawful bad as the Leia obviously is, why did you drop $10 on yet another Vader to find out how good it is? I wanted the Asharad (stupid Legacy horses*** aside, the character is cool), but I'd more likely buy a bag of magic beans than that other set.

Sad thing is, she's not that bad of a Bultar Swan figure, so I guess we're really getting three?

Tycho
08-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Hey Chux, how many of those magic beans would you offer for a designer garbage can and 2008 BumbleBee?

JediTricks
09-01-2007, 12:47 AM
The Vader looks cool, and had removable pieces. Plus, Leia isn't a bad figure. A lot better than dropping $10 on green Tarkin with red Stormie.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-01-2007, 01:34 AM
The Vader looks cool, and had removable pieces. Plus, Leia isn't a bad figure. A lot better than dropping $10 on green Tarkin with red Stormie.That was a rebel, not a Stormtrooper. Still, they both look kind of odd.

JediTricks
09-01-2007, 02:46 AM
That was a rebel, not a Stormtrooper. Still, they both look kind of odd.
Oh, sorry, I had the wrong crap, big dif. :p

El Chuxter
09-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah, but why drop $10 on those, either? I'm just saying, the Leia looks so unbelievably bad, there's no way some stylized Vader (which looks like it might be the McQuarrie with minor shoulder damage) would make me say, on its own, "Dude, there's a $10 item!"

Sinscia Fat'o
09-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Finally found them! The Mara Jade is the best figure in the lot, i wasn't big on the face sculpt but once i got her out of the package it dont look as bad as it did in. The luke that came with her was a little dissappointing...no leg articulation, but it's a great sculpt of hamil, so i can deal.

the dark woman/ hett pack was cool, hetts not the best figure i've ever seen, but the detail they put into him does make it "vintage" worthy. The dark woman was also aceptable, i just wish she had a little more articulation but im just thankful she has what little bit of articulation that she does.

The vader/leia pack was really good as well, the leia is a good figure a step up past he last offering as a jedi, good detail, face sculpt is a little lacking but decent compared to the art of the comic. the vader is awesome, i love that figure! best vader made so far? i think so.

Battle Droid
09-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Found Leia and Vader today, no sign of the other 2 packs.:(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah, but why drop $10 on those, either? I'm just saying, the Leia looks so unbelievably bad, there's no way some stylized Vader (which looks like it might be the McQuarrie with minor shoulder damage) would make me say, on its own, "Dude, there's a $10 item!"
What's so bad about Leia? She looks like she does in the comic and is well-articulated, even if she does have giant hands.

On another note, I had no idea that Vader had a removable chest plate until JT mentioned removable pieces and I looked it up on RS. Sweet!

Tycho
09-02-2007, 08:18 PM
It's been a long time since I actually read that comic. The Infinities series were not my cup of tea.

Why does Anakin / Vader have hair and is NOT all scarred up underneathe the helmet, but required to wear that life-support system afterall?

Sinscia Fat'o
09-03-2007, 01:10 AM
It's been a long time since I actually read that comic. The Infinities series were not my cup of tea.

Why does Anakin / Vader have hair and is NOT all scarred up underneathe the helmet, but required to wear that life-support system afterall?

A question i to was wondering since i didnt get into the whole what if star wars thing. Though the toys are cool!

JediTricks
09-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Yeah, but why drop $10 on those, either? I'm just saying, the Leia looks so unbelievably bad, there's no way some stylized Vader (which looks like it might be the McQuarrie with minor shoulder damage) would make me say, on its own, "Dude, there's a $10 item!"Because I don't think Leia looks bad at all, as I previously said.

Why does Anakin / Vader have hair and is NOT all scarred up underneathe the helmet, but required to wear that life-support system afterall?It's how he sees himself in his mind, that's what's up with the armor, Yoda has entered Vader's mind and the armor's even more twisted than in reality, it's all about how Anakin perceives himself.

neocrasher
09-04-2007, 10:21 PM
mara is totally worth it... luke.... meh.... but thinking about using him for scrap parts

jedibear
09-07-2007, 11:10 PM
I haven't gone back through this whole thread so if some of my comments are redundant, forgive me...

Just picked up this wave tonight...and I gotta say...I'm REALLY liking this concept A LOT! All three entries are really good this time...and so many original figures in this batch...it's great.

Quick impressions...the only set I got to open was the Hett/Dark Woman one. The Hett is fantastic...one of the best figures of the year. DW is fine too but Hett just pops! I guess part of my enthusiasm for him stems from his re-emergence in the EU (I'll leave it at that to keep it spoiler-free). I've been going back and re-reading earlier comics containing the character to get a better handle on where he's at now and it's just too cool that a figure of him arrives in this set! to enjoy as I read! (Hey...gotta have fun right?)

The Lara/Luke one is...okay. Good representations of their comic counter-parts to be sure,,,it's just that the outfits are kinda "blah" and the funny gooseneck of Luke from recycling a head from a different figure makes him look a little goofy, but this one's staying carded anyway so...it's...okay.

The Leia/Vader one is good....I LOVE the Vader. Now I haven't had the good fortune to find the McQuarrie Vader yet, so if this is it...well, bravo! It looks very cool. The Leia looks pretty cool too...a kind of interesting variation on jedi gear but it makes her stand apart from the other versions of her.

I hope this concept keeps getting the enthusiastic treatment from Hasbro...it's turning out to be a great way of getting figures produced that would probably never see the light of day in a single-card format and I like the two-pack with a comic idea a lot...it's something unique for us folks who've been at this collecting thing for awhile...can't wait for the Fel wave (and more)!

Mad Slanted Powers
09-08-2007, 01:17 AM
If you're liking the EU figures jedibear, you should go to the VOTE for your Top 50 Expanded Universe Figures! (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=35795) thread that Tycho started. Now that I have been tallying the results, I want more numbers to put into the spreadsheet! :crazed: