PDA

View Full Version : Needed a retooled Dutch Vander mold

Gothiczartan
08-07-2007, 08:28 PM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/599/dutchvanderxz5.jpg

bigbarada
08-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Is that Dutch with VTSC Luke's arms and legs?

JediTricks
08-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Looks like it. It's a digibash, right? The amount of retooling to the torso would be considerable to actually get those parts to work together.

Gothiczartan
08-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Is that Dutch with VTSC Luke's arms and legs?

yes it it, that's not a custom, I just paste the arms on the computer to show that a dutch vander mold needded retooling for better movements on the arms with ball jointed shoulders and elbows.

Gothiczartan
08-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Looks like it. It's a digibash, right? The amount of retooling to the torso would be considerable to actually get those parts to work together.

the torso is ok, needed a hole on the left lower side to fit the cord of the chest box. new sculpted feet and movie accurate (pic) with ball jointed knees and ankles. hasbro has got to retool this figure for SA x wing pilot.

Gothiczartan
08-08-2007, 01:39 AM
they got to retooled biggs rebel pilot figure for ball jointed shoulders/elbows, new sculpt feet for ball jointed knees/ankles, small hole on the left lower side of torso t fit the cord of the chest box. I have a pic of dutch vander retooled ideal!

pbarnard
08-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Actually I've parts swapped the lower legs.

I don't see the need for an SA pilot honestly. Rather have it fit in the cockpit and just enough articulation to make flight in the cockpit look realistic. Save money on the tooling cost by not making it SA to allow for making of the figures heads and helmets.

That's not the same as swaying the elbow that Vander isn't about to throw is vicious and needs replacing. Somethign where the elbows aren't sticking out so far, and maybe minimizing the snags in the straps when sitting would be the first improvement they should undertake.

Gothiczartan
08-08-2007, 04:06 PM

I don't see the need for an SA pilot honestly. Rather have it fit in the cockpit and just enough articulation to make flight in the cockpit look realistic. Save money on the tooling cost by not making it SA to allow for making of the figures heads and helmets.

That's not the same as swaying the elbow that Vander isn't about to throw is vicious and needs replacing. Somethign where the elbows aren't sticking out so far, and maybe minimizing the snags in the straps when sitting would be the first improvement they should undertake.

NO! there is a need of a retooled Dutch mold! I want x wing pilots to be retooled dutch vander with ball jointed shoulders and elbows and new feet (the black leg band on the right instead on the left! hasbro can do that, they can still use the dutch mold and added luke's arms (x wing pilot VTSC) and maybe the feet of the same figure to make it look SA, I did not say I want a SA figure I say dutch vander mold needed retooling for SA, that's about it! after that they can create al other x wing pilots with ball joined shoulders and elbows perfect for holding their helmet either way!

dutch body
luke's arms and feet (VTSC x wing pilot luke)
a small hole on the left lower side of torso!
same dutch helmet mold

Mister Roboto
08-20-2007, 04:01 PM

Exactly. I don't see why rebel pilots need to be super articulated. I'd give up the extra non-essential articulation and get them to pack in a astromech repaint.

Kidhuman
08-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Exactly. I don't see why rebel pilots need to be super articulated. I'd give up the extra non-essential articulation and get them to pack in a astromech repaint.

I agree, a pilot doesnt need to be SA, just fit in the cockpit. I woiuldnt care if it was a preposed statue as long as it fit in the cockpit fine.

Gothiczartan
08-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I agree, a pilot doesnt need to be SA, just fit in the cockpit. I woiuldnt care if it was a preposed statue as long as it fit in the cockpit fine.

I prefer them to have ball jointed shoulders and elbows for holding a helmet in a better pose just like in the movie!

I say they needed SA parts on Dutch body! I like pilots with ball jointed neck/shoulders/elbows/knees/ankles. what's up with that?

luke x wing pilot from VTSC has them all and not the dutch body, that's not fair. the a wing pilot has all the ball jointed on body parts, rebel honor guard, death star trooper and even a biker scout has them!

I wanted a dutch body with luke's arms and feet for a better articulation and movie accurate. I prefer them in movie accurate!

CloneTrooperJRx
08-20-2007, 09:10 PM
I prefer them to have ball jointed shoulders and elbows for holding a helmet in a better pose just like in the movie!

I say they needed SA parts on Dutch body! I like pilots with ball jointed neck/shoulders/elbows/knees/ankles. what's up with that?

luke x wing pilot from VTSC has them all and not the dutch body, that's not fair. the a wing pilot has all the ball jointed on body parts, rebel honor guard, death star trooper and even a biker scout has them!

I wanted a dutch body with luke's arms and feet for a better articulation and movie accurate. I prefer them in movie accurate!

Nothing is up with that. It's your silly ideas and attitude... Check out his Rebelscum account... He has posted about 700 posts of silly ideas and mass posting of the same subject... Over 20 pages of s***.

Now delete all those pictures you have stolen from Inigo Montoya, Tyrannusspotting, CollectibleKidCustom.

Gothiczartan
08-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Nothing is up with that. It's your silly ideas and attitude... Check out his Rebelscum account... He has posted about 700 posts of silly ideas and mass posting of the same subject... Over 20 pages of shyt.

Now delete all those pictures you have stolen from Inigo Montoya, Tyrannusspotting, CollectibleKidCustom.

I thought SW fans like all the characters from the movie dont' they why not deserve to be made into figures?

what's so silly about my ideas and what's wrong with my posting of same stuff and how do I delete the pics I have taken from? I've tried that and I could not find where to start. who is the webmaster on this board? maybe the webmaster can helpt me out there.

all I wanted to see all the characters from all the SW movie to be made into figures.

Kidhuman
08-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Nothing is up with that. It's your silly ideas and attitude... Check out his Rebelscum account... He has posted about 700 posts of silly ideas and mass posting of the same subject... Over 20 pages of shyt.

please, if you have gripes with a forumite, please PM myself or anohter mod to take care of it. Thank you.

I thought SW fans like all the characters from the movie dont' they why not deserve to be made into figures?

what's so silly about my ideas and what's wrong with my posting of same stuff and how do I delete the pics I have taken from? I've tried that and I could not find where to start. who is the webmaster on this board? maybe the webmaster can helpt me out there.

all I wanted to see all the characters from all the SW movie to be made into figures.

I will gladly delete all the pics for you. Just let me know which posts.

plasticfetish
08-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Nothing is up with that. It's your silly ideas and attitude...Personal attacks on other forumites will not be tolerated. If you do not wish to take part in a discusion, or don't agree with anothers "ideas and attitudes," then you're welcome to ignore them.

You're also welcome to dissagree... just as long as you remain civil. (Keep it friendly, okay.)

What they do in the forums on other sites has nothing to do with us here.

what's so silly about my ideas and what's wrong with my posting of same stuff and how do I delete the pics I have taken from?You're entitled to post whatever ideas you want, as long as they don't violate the basic rules that you agreed to when you first signed up to use these forums.

You can edit your post within a certain time after having first made that post. I looked at the images that you linked to, and as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with linking to someone else's images as long as you're not trying to take credit for them.

As far as I could tell, you weren't.

So... carry on and play nice.

Gothiczartan
08-20-2007, 11:02 PM
Personal attacks on other forumites will not be tolerated. If you do not wish to take part in a discusion, or don't agree with anothers "ideas and attitudes," then you're welcome to ignore them.

You're also welcome to dissagree... just as long as you remain civil. (Keep it friendly, okay.)

What they do in the forums on other sites has nothing to do with us here.

You're entitled to post whatever ideas you want, as long as they don't violate the basic rules that you agreed to when you first signed up to use these forums.

You can edit your post within a certain time after having first made that post. I looked at the images that you linked to, and as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with linking to someone else's images as long as you're not trying to take credit for them.

As far as I could tell, you weren't.

So... carry on and play nice.

all I want is to give out ideas for fans needs on 3 3/4" star wars figures.

i'm very proud hasbro did a excellent job on the luke x wing pilot for the VTSC line and he is movie accurate! they shoud do the same thing for wedge, biggs and dutch by having same arms and feet of luke x wing pilot figure (VTSC) for a better pose and holding a helmet just like in the movie and needed ball jointed ankles too!

plasticfetish
08-20-2007, 11:10 PM
all I want is to give out ideas for fans needs on 3 3/4" star wars figures.Cool! Go for it! ...just watch the post padding (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_post_padding). :thumbsup:

Gothiczartan
08-20-2007, 11:36 PM
Cool! Go for it! ...just watch the post padding (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_post_padding). :thumbsup:

ok my idea is a SA x wing pilot figure without getting new parts.

dutch body hasbro can use, they can add the arms and feet from luke x wing pilot vintage for a much better articulation and movie accurate.

the arms of luke had better ball jointed shoulders and elbows for holding a helmet better just like in the movie. that is why the arms is just right for a dutch body and added luke's feet that had ball jointed ankles and it also has a movie accurate detailing like the black band on the right leg. luke x wing has all the ball jointed on body parts and why not dutch figure.

I can show you a pic. I already post it on this board.

bigbarada
08-20-2007, 11:36 PM
all I want is to give out ideas for fans needs on 3 3/4" star wars figures.

i'm very proud hasbro did a excellent job on the luke x wing pilot for the VTSC line and he is movie accurate! they shoud do the same thing for wedge, biggs and dutch by having same arms and feet of luke x wing pilot figure (VTSC) for a better pose and holding a helmet just like in the movie and needed ball jointed ankles too!

Wedge needs an all-original sculpt more than anyone. He's the second most prominent Rebel Pilot in all the films. Plus, he's average enough in body type to ultimately become the base figure for just about every other Rebel X-Wing Pilot.

Gothiczartan
08-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Wedge needs an all-original sculpt more than anyone. He's the second most prominent Rebel Pilot in all the films. Plus, he's average enough in body type to ultimately become the base figure for just about every other Rebel X-Wing Pilot.

you mean you want a all new sculpt wedge figure?

maybe the top torso of luke x wing pilot will due with new added parts and the thighs.

you can post that wedge and biggs needed imporvement on figure parts like the luke upper torso, arms and feet and a possible lower torso and thights.

ok if you want a new sculpt or retooled figure to make a wedge and biggs.

as long as they make the movie accurate.

the biggs figure does not have arms like luke has and not even the feet for ball jointed ankles. the chest box cord is supossed to be on the left side of torso just like in the movie.

Nighthawk
08-20-2007, 11:43 PM
ok my idea is a SA x wing pilot figure without getting new parts.

dutch body hasbro can use, they can add the arms and feet from luke x wing pilot vintage for a much better articulation and movie accurate.

the arms of luke had better ball jointed shoulders and elbows for holding a helmet better just like in the movie. that is why the arms is just right for a dutch body and added luke's feet that had ball jointed ankles and it also has a movie accurate detailing like the black band on the right leg. luke x wing has all the ball jointed on body parts and why not dutch figure.

I can show you a pic. I already post it on this board.

Too bad the arms on Luke X-Wing don't fit on the Dutch body cause of the different construction. I'd love to see a SA Wedge with a new sculpt. I just with they didn't use the Dutch mold on so many pilots as he's too tall.

Gothiczartan
08-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Too bad the arms on Luke X-Wing don't fit on the Dutch body cause of the different construction. I'd love to see a SA Wedge with a new sculpt. I just with they didn't use the Dutch mold on so many pilots as he's too tall.

they can retooled them to fit the arms on body can they?

how about a retooled luke x wing pilot with new lower torso and thighs for a different average height?

mind if I add you on my buddy list so we can work this out on possible wedge and biggs figure with out using a dutch body?

on the rebelscum, those users where calling me a troll, what do they mean troll? I think they are bunch of lunitics and has no respect on my ideas.

Nighthawk
08-20-2007, 11:55 PM
I don't know how accurate it would be, but I wouldn't mind them using the upcoming Awing pilot tooling. Isn't Wedge about the same height as Luke?

Gothiczartan
08-21-2007, 12:01 AM
I don't know how accurate it would be, but I wouldn't mind them using the upcoming Awing pilot tooling. Isn't Wedge about the same height as Luke?

I don't know, I think he's probly avarage height and biggs is a little taller and dutch is taller then other pilots.

ok I agree that wedge antilles needed a SA all new sculpt wedge figure or they can use luke's body with new lower torso and upper legs for height.

pbarnard
08-21-2007, 01:20 PM

No, Corran and Luke are similar in height. Wedge is taller, but still below average to average. Biggs/Tycho/Wes/Hobbie are all supposedly average height, while Vander seems to be a bit tall.

JediTricks
08-21-2007, 06:42 PM
The Dutch body needs to be dropped, it's not useful for these needs, it's too tall and those arms are too preposed. There's no mid-torso articulation even though all the pilots bend there to sit in the cockpits. And the head articulation is inaccurate and substandard. Retooling this would be expensive and unsatisfactory.

Gothiczartan
08-21-2007, 08:20 PM
The Dutch body needs to be dropped, it's not useful for these needs, it's too tall and those arms are too preposed. There's no mid-torso articulation even though all the pilots bend there to sit in the cockpits. And the head articulation is inaccurate and substandard. Retooling this would be expensive and unsatisfactory.

maybe getting a luke figure retooling just to get it a average height can do rather then useing dutch body because he's too tall.

JediTricks
08-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Hasbro won't afford it, not can't. They have a complex and tightly-managed budget allotted for the Star Wars line, they could spend a billion dollars if they wanted to remaking this mold but the end result wouldn't make profits so there'd be no point for Hasbro.

The Luke arms are fine, but they don't work on the Dutch Vander body - period. There's nothing more to be said there realistically.

How do I know so much about Hasbro? I listen to what they have to say, week in and week out, I pay attention to their words instead of pretending I know more than they do and that anything's possible if you just wish hard enough and ignore reality. And I know someone who makes molds for a living, 20 years he's made tools for aerospace and medical supplies, both programming and hands-on, I listen and discuss these sorts of things with him to be informed on the realities of my hobby. I do this so I won't have to waste my time asking Hasbro for the impractical and impossible.

And if you had been paying attention to what I said when you quoted it, you would have seen that the first thing I said was the Dutch Vander body shouldn't be used for anything anymore, they should stop using it altogether.

No I rather have dutch figure with luke's arms and feet. if you don't like it, just don't get!I won't have to worry about that because it's not going to happen since it's not a good idea and Hasbro just said in the quote I provided they weren't going to pursue it, they were continue using the body as-is.

But even more importantly for this discussion, you haven't shown that you've considered the practicality of what you suggest, you haven't explained HOW they're supposed to retool this torso in a simple and cost-effective fashion, you haven't really shown whether those limbs will even be in scale to the much larger Vander body, all you've done in that regard is digibash some photos together which takes almost no skill or money or effort and isn't a true test of anything. Your argument comes off simply as you sticking your fingers in your ears and repeating yourself louder and louder until you've driven away anybody who might agree with anything you've said. And it's not like anybody has to bait you into it, you've had your say many times and when nobody agreed OR disagreed you simply kept repeating yourself until you got some negative attention.

Gothiczartan
08-21-2007, 09:36 PM
And if you had been paying attention to what I said when you quoted it, you would have seen that the first thing I said was the Dutch Vander body shouldn't be used for anything anymore, they should stop using it altogether.

I won't have to worry about that because it's not going to happen since it's not a good idea and Hasbro just said in the quote I provided they weren't going to pursue it, they were continue using the body as-is.

why are you saying this because you don't want to see a figure in new mold made?

so if the dutch body shouldn't be used for anyting anymore, what should they use to create other pilots on? they did a good job on luke x wing for the VTSC which I'm quite happy for that. that pic I made I was just showing you that figure I like to see without the dutch body. it' s just my own concept.

if luke's arms doesn't fit on dutch body at least they can make new arms with ball jointed shoulders and elbows for to hold a helmet in better pose. we can ask hasbro one more question and besides they shouldn't make dutch's arms like that in the first place! they should of make dutch with ball jointed arms back then!

does hasbro listson to fans, do they do what fans want or they just do whatever they can to make figures just to make money?

Nighthawk
08-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Gothic Zartan,

Do you understand why people at Rebelscum dislike you? It's because of posts like the one above. Jeditricks is stating a point with reasons. The amount it would cost to retool the Dutch Vander body is not worth it. Hasbro has a limited budget and they can't make every single figure the way we all want it. They have to do what they can with their budget. If they go way over budget by getting one new figure, then others will suffer. They try to find a balance and the Vander mold is quite new so they will try to squeeze as much life out of it as they can. That's why they can't make one of every character either. Economics dictate that it can't be done if they want to stay in business. You have to tone down your attitude. Comments like "why are you saying this because you don't want to see a figure in new mold made?" is just plain rude. I don't know if it's because your English isn't that good and that causes you to come across rude or not. Maybe that's the root of your problem. Other things that are annoying are posts where you just keep stating that "Hasbro must make every single character...etc." are kinda rude too. Why "MUST" Hasbro do this? They don't have to do anything! Hasbro does listen to their fans and that's why we do get some of the characters we ask them for. Unfortunately, not all of them are perfect and we will have to live with that until they can revisit that concept. Also, in response to your last comment, Hasbro is in this to make money! That's what big corporations do! They listen to fans, yet they also still have to stay on budget and do what makes sense. There's a reason why they aren't making more Neimodians for the time being. The designers would love to make one of every character...economics dictate that they can't. Hopefully, after they use the Vander mold to death, they'll retool it. Maybe even use the A-Wing pilot body as a base. Word of advice, don't sound so confrontational to anyone who doesn't agree with what you say and you just might not **** off so many people.

Gothiczartan
08-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Gothic Zartan,

Do you understand why people at Rebelscum dislike you? It's because of posts like the one above. Jeditricks is stating a point with reasons. The amount it would cost to retool the Dutch Vander body is not worth it. Hasbro has a limited budget and they can't make every single figure the way we all want it. They have to do what they can with their budget. If they go way over budget by getting one new figure, then others will suffer. They try to find a balance and the Vander mold is quite new so they will try to squeeze as much life out of it as they can. That's why they can't make one of every character either. Economics dictate that it can't be done if they want to stay in business. You have to tone down your attitude. Comments like "why are you saying this because you don't want to see a figure in new mold made?" is just plain rude. I don't know if it's because your English isn't that good and that causes you to come across rude or not. Maybe that's the root of your problem. Other things that are annoying are posts where you just keep stating that "Hasbro must make every single character...etc." are kinda rude too. Why "MUST" Hasbro do this? They don't have to do anything! Hasbro does listen to their fans and that's why we do get some of the characters we ask them for. Unfortunately, not all of them are perfect and we will have to live with that until they can revisit that concept. Also, in response to your last comment, Hasbro is in this to make money! That's what big corporations do! They listen to fans, yet they also still have to stay on budget and do what makes sense. There's a reason why they aren't making more Neimodians for the time being. The designers would love to make one of every character...economics dictate that they can't. Hopefully, after they use the Vander mold to death, they'll retool it. Maybe even use the A-Wing pilot body as a base. Word of advice, don't sound so confrontational to anyone who doesn't agree with what you say and you just might not **** off so many people.

what should I post to get hasbro attention without saying "they must make figures"? most of things are new to me and I type things in a hurry and did not have time to read all the threads. I'm just a 3 3/4" star wars figure nut that is all.

Nighthawk
08-21-2007, 10:55 PM
You can try "Dear Hasbro, I would really love it if you made..." as opposed to "Dear Hasbro, you must make..." Seriously, it makes a difference and if I was a Hasbro rep and you told me I must make something...I'd go out of my way to NOT make it. It's just the way people respond to certain things. If you tone it down so that you aren't as demanding, things might start looking better for you. Also, Hasbro does check these and other forums to see what fans are asking for. They do see these and like I said before, unfortunately, they can't act on everything a fan wants. Give it some time and things will be made. Just look at the new upcoming Boba Fett that's in the Evolutions set and Jango Fett. People have been asking for a SA Jango Fett for ages and we'll finally get one. They have a priority list and they will do certain figures as budget allows them to. If you see the Q&A sessions, there's lots of answers from Hasbro that go on the lines of "that's a great idea but it's not on the horizon for this year, but we'll definitely keep it in mind..."

Gothiczartan
08-21-2007, 11:05 PM
You can try "Dear Hasbro, I would really love it if you made..." as opposed to "Dear Hasbro, you must make..." Seriously, it makes a difference and if I was a Hasbro rep and you told me I must make something...I'd go out of my way to NOT make it. It's just the way people respond to certain things. If you tone it down so that you aren't as demanding, things might start looking better for you. Also, Hasbro does check these and other forums to see what fans are asking for. They do see these and like I said before, unfortunately, they can't act on everything a fan wants. Give it some time and things will be made. Just look at the new upcoming Boba Fett that's in the Evolutions set and Jango Fett. People have been asking for a SA Jango Fett for ages and we'll finally get one. They have a priority list and they will do certain figures as budget allows them to. If you see the Q&A sessions, there's lots of answers from Hasbro that go on the lines of "that's a great idea but it's not on the horizon for this year, but we'll definitely keep it in mind..."

at least could I ask nicely like that I would like to see a SA pilot figure just like luke for the VTSC line something like that just one time only and wait and see as long as I don't post too many same threads like that? I always wanted a SA jango fett figure and that was part of my ideas!

that fat dancer from jabba's palace, I heard fans were asking for a figure to be made.

I think I heard some fan don't want the dutch body, well let's see how it does in the future on how many times they can use the dutch figure until it's time for new arms.

I wanted a wedge figure by using luke's body and helmet for a accurate height because wedge and luke might look the same height or a little avarage.

you can PM me if needed things to work on with if that helps.

Nighthawk
08-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I actually wished they used the SA XWing Luke sculpt for Wedge. Perhaps make the legs so the stance isn't as wide. I think that would be an awesome Wedge if they did that.

Gothiczartan
08-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I actually wished they used the SA XWing Luke sculpt for Wedge. Perhaps make the legs so the stance isn't as wide. I think that would be an awesome Wedge if they did that.

you could of pass it to Q&A for a wedge figure by using luke's body and helmet (chin strap) if that helps a lot.

I didn't like the wedge figure not only because of his helmet has no chin strap, he's too tall.

how will I know if there is a Q&A sessions? what is a place to post a thread about my ideas on SW figures? will Q&A sessions be ok instead of posting my own topic/threads?

JediTricks
08-22-2007, 11:45 PM
why are you saying this because you don't want to see a figure in new mold made?Quite the opposite, I've always said that I wouldn't want them to waste their time with a retool of an inferior existing mold, they should just start fresh. But you keep bringing up this remold so I finally got tired of saying all that in response.

so if the dutch body shouldn't be used for anyting anymore, what should they use to create other pilots on? they did a good job on luke x wing for the VTSC which I'm quite happy for that. that pic I made I was just showing you that figure I like to see without the dutch body. it' s just my own concept.They should just start from scratch, no need to recycle 1 single part, not even the helmet.

if luke's arms doesn't fit on dutch body at least they can make new arms with ball jointed shoulders and elbows for to hold a helmet in better pose. we can ask hasbro one more question and besides they shouldn't make dutch's arms like that in the first place! they should of make dutch with ball jointed arms back then!No ball-jointed shoulders will fit on the Dutch body, the body is not designed for that at all, all that stuff I said about Luke's arms on Dutch's body, it's the shoulder joint that's the problem, it's not specific to Luke Xwing.

We're not going to ask them another question about the X-wing pilots, we JUST asked them that 2 months ago and they said they saw our point but for now it's the Dutch body.

does hasbro listson to fans, do they do what fans want or they just do whatever they can to make figures just to make money?They listen to fans all the time, but fans treat Hasbro like they're a magic genie or something - they make toys for a broad market, not just for you or for me but for everybody, that means complicated management and balancing everybody's wants and needs in the line out, compromises have to be made so everybody gets something instead of a small group getting everything and a broader group getting nothing.

plasticfetish
08-23-2007, 01:03 AM
but fans treat Hasbro like they're a magic genie or somethingDamn! You're on fire lately... that's a good line.

pegger
08-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Luke is SA. Wedge SHOULD be SA. The others are fine the way they are.

AND I'm all for MORE rebel pilots. I want TONS of them...but they don't need to be SA. I'm fine with either the Dutch mold being re-used with head swaps, and helmet repaints, OR VTSC Lukes. (oh, and please, for the love of Yoda, DON'T resculpt Dutch...he is fine the way he his. Reculpt Red Leader. That was a POS.)

Oh - and more Snowspeeder pilots please. Luke, Wedge, Dak, Jansen...Zev was long overdue (and appreciated).

pbarnard
08-27-2007, 06:34 PM

AND I'm all for MORE rebel pilots. I want TONS of them...but they don't need to be SA. I'm fine with either the Dutch mold being re-used with head swaps, and helmet repaints, OR VTSC Lukes. (oh, and please, for the love of Yoda, DON'T resculpt Dutch...he is fine the way he his. Reculpt Red Leader. That was a POS.)

Oh - and more Snowspeeder pilots please. Luke, Wedge, Dak, Jansen...Zev was long overdue (and appreciated).

Exactly. Could not have said it better.

There's nothing wrong with questioning what people say if you don't understand them. However ignoring what is being said tells people you are illiterate, don't comprehend well, and/or just plain in considerate.

There's no need for super articulation due to the purpose that these pilots should be designed first to represent the characters on film, and than fit in the various X-Wings, Y-Wings or T-47s next. Articulation should be the tertiary consideration in the concept of design. Anything that adds cost or the unlikelihood of their production beyond the first two points, should be dropped and go with the standard joints that the most of the line has.

Gothiczartan
08-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Exactly. Could not have said it better.

There's nothing wrong with questioning what people say if you don't understand them. However ignoring what is being said tells people you are illiterate, don't comprehend well, and/or just plain in considerate.

There's no need for super articulation due to the purpose that these pilots should be designed first to represent the characters on film, and than fit in the various X-Wings, Y-Wings or T-47s next. Articulation should be the tertiary consideration in the concept of design. Anything that adds cost or the unlikelihood of their production beyond the first two points, should be dropped and go with the standard joints that the most of the line has.

the pilots fly the y wings in ANH will have dutch body, the rest will have retooled luke pilot (VTSC) with new lower torso/waist and thighs.

how about more y wings with two x wing figures with dutch body will be

theron nett and tiree

ones with dutch body:

lt. naytaan
red 12
ryle torsyn
hol okand
bren querey
keir santage

ones with retooled x wing luke (VTSC) body (that including the same helmet mold):

wedge
biggs (needed improved for movie accurate)
garven dave dreis
elyhek rue
kin kian
grizz frix
luke (ROTJ) retooled for new head and hands sculpt with removable black glove
karie neth retooled for new torso and waist
generic x wing pilot

JediTricks
08-29-2007, 03:56 PM

AND I'm all for MORE rebel pilots. I want TONS of them...but they don't need to be SA. I'm fine with either the Dutch mold being re-used with head swaps, and helmet repaints, OR VTSC Lukes. (oh, and please, for the love of Yoda, DON'T resculpt Dutch...he is fine the way he his. Reculpt Red Leader. That was a POS.)Dutch is too tall, in scale he's well over 6'. Also, his arms are in a crappy pose, I hate his arms. I don't need crazy super hyper articulation, but I would like to see something better than what the Dutch body has - heck, it doesn't even have waist articulation.

Technically, sitting in the X-wing cockpit should require bending ankles, knees, splay-out hips, universal-jointed shoulders that can position in, uni-jointed elbows, rotating forearms, universal-jointed mid-torso, and a ball-jointed neck, but that's only if they were getting in a real cockpit. For the toys, they don't need the extra leg articulation, but it'd be nice I think to get the upper body to look like it should in the movie.

pegger
08-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Dutch is too tall, in scale he's well over 6'. Also, his arms are in a crappy pose, I hate his arms. I don't need crazy super hyper articulation, but I would like to see something better than what the Dutch body has - heck, it doesn't even have waist articulation.

Technically, sitting in the X-wing cockpit should require bending ankles, knees, splay-out hips, universal-jointed shoulders that can position in, uni-jointed elbows, rotating forearms, universal-jointed mid-torso, and a ball-jointed neck, but that's only if they were getting in a real cockpit. For the toys, they don't need the extra leg articulation, but it'd be nice I think to get the upper body to look like it should in the movie.

So, are you saying you want a resculpted Dutch before a Tyree? Jansen? Resculpted Garvin? Dak? Black pilot guy in ROTJ? I have no problem with improving the mold...I'm just saying I would rather get those guys, than a resculpt of Dutch at this point. Revisit him in 5 years - fine. Otherwise, he is just fine (note - not great - but adequate) for now.

Gothiczartan
08-29-2007, 08:30 PM
So, are you saying you want a resculpted Dutch before a Tyree? Jansen? Resculpted Garvin? Dak? Black pilot guy in ROTJ? I have no problem with improving the mold...I'm just saying I would rather get those guys, than a resculpt of Dutch at this point. Revisit him in 5 years - fine. Otherwise, he is just fine (note - not great - but adequate) for now.

I don't think the pilots are that tall. most of them are about average heights. I think luke x wing pilot from VTSC is just right just a few retooling for a new half lower torso molded to waist and upper legs for a regular heighted pilots.

it would be cool they can only use the dutch body on just the pilots flying the y wings in ANH and the rest with retooled luke body.

JediTricks
08-30-2007, 02:41 AM
So, are you saying you want a resculpted Dutch before a Tyree? Jansen? Resculpted Garvin? Dak? Black pilot guy in ROTJ? I have no problem with improving the mold...I'm just saying I would rather get those guys, than a resculpt of Dutch at this point. Revisit him in 5 years - fine. Otherwise, he is just fine (note - not great - but adequate) for now.Nowhere did I say I wanted a resculpted Dutch Vander, I quoted you saying that figure was fine and I said it wasn't, then pointed out the criteria in which he'd fall short for any x-wing pilot figure using his body. But I couldn't care less about getting another of him, to hell with that guy! Porkins too, and now Biggs! They don't get enough screentime to warrant another go-around before... ANYBODY.

pegger
08-30-2007, 05:45 AM
Nowhere did I say I wanted a resculpted Dutch Vander, I quoted you saying that figure was fine and I said it wasn't, then pointed out the criteria in which he'd fall short for any x-wing pilot figure using his body. But I couldn't care less about getting another of him, to hell with that guy! Porkins too, and now Biggs! They don't get enough screentime to warrant another go-around before... ANYBODY.

OK - maybe "fine" wasn't the best word to use, and yes the figure has flaws...but I think we agree in that he (specifically) doesn't need a resculpt.

Gothiczartan
08-30-2007, 10:47 AM
OK - maybe "fine" wasn't the best word to use, and yes the figure has flaws...but I think we agree in that he (specifically) doesn't need a resculpt.

yeah! dutch does not need a resculpt, only wedge and others needed a retooled luke figure!

Sinscia Fat'o
08-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Dutch doesnt need a new sculpt, maybe a little retooling and a new release, but not a completly new mold...there's still a boat load of pilots that need to be made first...tiree please.

JediTricks
08-31-2007, 01:07 AM
OK - maybe "fine" wasn't the best word to use, and yes the figure has flaws...but I think we agree in that he (specifically) doesn't need a resculpt.Yeah, we both agree on that last part for sure.

I did the math by the way, Hasbro's been using this body that's a whole half-centimeter too tall for average, 6-foot-tall characters like Biggs because the actor who played Vander is 6' 3"... smoooooooth. At this scale, half a CM is very significant, a figure that loses half a CM in torso or legs will basically be an ape-man with arms down to his knees.

Devo
09-01-2007, 01:46 PM
For me Dutch is fine. I require no resculpt of him, only that the seemingly endless succession of other pilots using his exact sculpt be no longer practiced. It just doesn't work as a 'fits-all' X-wing pilot body. Its an excellent sculpt and by no means outdated for him only. It doesn't have balljoints galore but SA isn't needed here. The sculpt looks as superb now as it did at the time. However until they stop using this sculpt repeatedly for different characters I can't retire my crappy POTF2 pilots because right now those inferior sculpts are all I have to demonstrate a bit of diversity in the pilot ranks. Although I have the 'Vandar' Wedge I still use the old one, perhaps even prefer it because of its more accurate height. Christ, of all the pilots who aren't called luke skywalker, Wedge deserves his own unique sculpt on his own non-exclusive basic figure card and I'm amazed it has never happened. We all shouted for it and Hasbro's answer was ever so slightly crap.

Gothiczartan
09-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Luke x wing pilot and a wing pilot has all the ball jointed sockets and not dutch figure! that would not be fair if luke and a wing pilot has the ball jointed on them. maybe dutch figure or a new sculpt x wing pilot should have ball jointed like luke and a wing pilot.:thumbsup:

For me Dutch is fine. I require no resculpt of him, only that the seemingly endless succession of other pilots using his exact sculpt be no longer practiced. It just doesn't work as a 'fits-all' X-wing pilot body. Its an excellent sculpt and by no means outdated for him only. It doesn't have balljoints galore but SA isn't needed here. The sculpt looks as superb now as it did at the time. However until they stop using this sculpt repeatedly for different characters I can't retire my crappy POTF2 pilots because right now those inferior sculpts are all I have to demonstrate a bit of diversity in the pilot ranks. Although I have the 'Vandar' Wedge I still use the old one, perhaps even prefer it because of its more accurate height. Christ, of all the pilots who aren't called luke skywalker, Wedge deserves his own unique sculpt on his own non-exclusive basic figure card and I'm amazed it has never happened. We all shouted for it and Hasbro's answer was ever so slightly crap.

the hose on chest box has to be attached on the left side of torso and leg and on the right leg just as seen in the movie ANH. all the pilots or most of them have that the hose on left and leg band on the right leg.