PDA

View Full Version : Flash Gordon

Kidhuman
08-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Anyone else catch this show? I thought it was pretty good. I will watch a few more episodes. If you missed it Sci-Fi is running it all weekend.

Ming kind of reminded me of Christopher Walken the way he talked at some points in the show.

TeeEye7
08-11-2007, 03:00 AM
Ming kind of reminded me of Christopher Walken the way he talked at some points in the show.

Flash Gordon: "You'll never get away with it, Ming!"

Emperor Ming: "Say your prayers, Gordon. You're about to be blasted with MORE COWBELL!".

LusiferSam
08-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I watched it. And it was pretty good. As a kid I only saw or heard about the camping versions of Flash Gordon. That pretty much turned me off. But this was good and looked well done. One thing I say though, is Ming looks totally wrong. But I guess we can't have any Yellow Hoards today.

pbarnard
08-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I watched it. And it was pretty good. As a kid I only saw or heard about the camping versions of Flash Gordon. That pretty much turned me off. But this was good and looked well done. One thing I say though, is Ming looks totally wrong. But I guess we can't have any Yellow Hoards today.

I think it works for a look. He looks human, but doesn't that make him the more effective monster?

The plot of I got to find my father will work, but how far can they carry it? The bad part is that this could quickly become alien vixen of the week coming to earth which would get old fast.

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 04:10 AM
It was ok, I had it on while working. It was ok, but I'm not going to put any time into it, it's not quite working for me. The main leads are a little too generic and the world of Mongo just didn't deliver enough. It felt too much like someone trying to blend hard and soft sci-fi.

JON9000
08-14-2007, 04:01 PM
I watched it. Flash Gordon, 35 year old doofus who lives with his mom who's claim to fame is winning a sparsely attended marathon?

Ming the Merciless... boring as could be.

What a disappointment.

JediTricks
08-15-2007, 04:35 AM
Yeah, Ming was a big disappointment, no kidding on that one.

BountyHunterScum
08-15-2007, 06:08 AM
I've seen a picture of ming he's a tall blonde headed canadian.

Blue2th
08-19-2007, 02:37 PM
I think I like the "What monster of the week can we think up next" Sci-Fi channel episodes just a little better.
They could of at least used some kinda cool over the top costumes for Ming and his minions.
I give this one a couple of episodes till ixnay time.

OC47150
08-20-2007, 09:03 PM
It's not a bad show. Ming isn't that merciless, and I got a kick out of the fact that Flash still lives at home with mom. I will continue watching.

It is a change from the original black and white Flash Gordon series (which I remember seeing reruns of as a kid) or the campy early 80s movie.

Like so many other franchises and series, it's a reboot.

Kidhuman
08-20-2007, 10:36 PM
I havent watched the 2nd show yet, it is on my DVR awaiting some time to get it in.

Jargo
08-26-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm sorry but nothing will ever come close to Sam Jones in shiny black shorts in a flash gordon viewing experience. Or indeed brian blessed leading his winged hordes across the skies to battle Mings forces. Flash gordon the movie rocks.

Kidhuman
08-26-2007, 04:37 PM
I htink the show is prettyu decent. i caught up last night watching them. Although its not the same as the movie and Ming is a lot different, I will continue to watch.

OC47150
08-26-2007, 09:44 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this week's episode. Thought it was the best one yet.

Dale made me LOL several times. :yes: