PDA

View Full Version : What 25th Anniversary GI Joe's would you like to see ?

DarkArtist
08-11-2007, 03:48 PM
I have to that growing up as a kid next to Star Wars, GI Joe was the best toy on the market, and now with Hasbro giving us the 25th Anniversary series here is what I would love to see get some new treatment. I'll list the figures first and then perhaps some vehicles.

Stalker
Major Bludd
Doc
Recondo
Mutt & Junkyard
Zartan
Alpine
Bazooka
Dusty
Barbacue
Footloose
Quick Kick
Sgt. Slaughter
Shipwreck
Crimsion Guard
Tomax & Xamot
Tele-Viper
Beach Head
General Hawk
Low-Light
Lifeline
Mainframe
Leatherneck
B.A.T.S.
Serpentor
Cobra Viper
Lt. Falcon
Jinx
Law & Order
Tunnel Rat
Zanzibar
Blizzard
Budo
Shockwave
Firefly
Alley Viper

Vehicles:

GI Joe RAM Motorcycle
GI Joe Silver Mirage Motorcycle
GI Joe VAMP
GI Joe APC
Cobra Fang
Cobra Flight Pod aka Trouble Bubble
Cobra Hiss
Cobra Stinger
Cobra Ferret
GI Joe Skystriker
Cobra ASP
Cobra Rattler
GI Joe Skyhawk
GI Joe VAMP Mark II
GI Joe AWE Striker
Dreadnok Thunder Machine

El Chuxter
08-11-2007, 04:26 PM
I know that Stalker, Zartan, and Serpentor are in the works.

I'd like Mindbender, the Crimson Guards (oddly not announced yet), Hawk, and Billy. Okay, there was no classic figure of Billy, but was there ever a figure of the Red Ninja (out in Wave 2) or of Serpentor's Devil's Due-era outfit (also in Wave 2)?

pbarnard
08-11-2007, 05:05 PM
I know that Stalker, Zartan, and Serpentor are in the works.

I'd like Mindbender, the Crimson Guards (oddly not announced yet), Hawk, and Billy. Okay, there was no classic figure of Billy, but was there ever a figure of the Red Ninja (out in Wave 2) or of Serpentor's Devil's Due-era outfit (also in Wave 2)?

Red Ninja, yes. At 3 different versions:
http://www.yojoe.com/action/93/redninja.shtml
http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/redninjaviper.shtml
http://www.yojoe.com/action/05/redninjaviper2.shtml

Serpentor's DD helmet was included with DD Comic Pack 16 Hannibal.

As far as figures, eh, could care less, because they seem to be leaning TV Show stars with the 25th Aniversary despite no one holding the rights atm to the shows (well Sony might, but nothing announced in months), and comic regulars Stalker seems to be the only really lacking one for the moment. Altough, they made Buzzer, why not Torch and Ripper?

El Chuxter
08-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Ah, I stand corrected. Still, they never made a comic-accurate Red Ninja "back in the day." :)

I've not opened the #16 set, so I was unaware of the helmet.

tagmac
08-20-2007, 08:11 PM
I picked up the two 25th anniversary battle packs, as well as the first five single carded figs (Cobra Trooper, Flint, Snake Eyes w/ Timber, Hooded Cobra Commander, and Storm Shadow v2). Apparently they are only releasing 25 figures total for the anniversary edition. With these 15, that only leaves 10 more, which are the following:

Beach Head
Lady Jaye
Stalker
Serpentor
Zartan
Cobra Trooper (don't know why they're sticking a second verison of him in there - a waste of a spot IMO)
Shipwreck
Firefly
Buzzer
Red Ninja ?????

Personally, I don't agree with the choices of Storm Shadow #2, Red Ninja (was never even a figure in the vintage line), and the second Cobra Trooper. This series should be limited only to figures from the original cartoon, with no remakes. Major Bludd is a glaring omission here from the Cobra side. Ditto for General Hawk. I'd have also included another of the originals, like Grunt (the only "true" soldier from the line), Mutt, or Spirit, or major Cobra players like Scrap-Iron, or Dr. Mindbender. Considering we likely won't see the other Dreadnocks, the inclusion of Buzzer seems a little unneccessary as well.

BountyHunterScum
08-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Naked scarlet and baroness.

pbarnard
08-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Don't forget there will be another Cobra 5 pack as well with CC in black, Grey Cobra Officer, a VvV scheme Stormshadow, a Cobra Trooper and a Cobra Jetpack trooper with gas mask similar to the comic pack.

And if you think the SW Q&A is worthless, they released the GI Joe one today. All answers were we'll see or at JoeCon in a few weeks.

TheRealDubya
08-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Apparently they are only releasing 25 figures total for the anniversary edition. With these 15, that only leaves 10 more, which are the following...

...Considering we likely won't see the other Dreadnocks, the inclusion of Buzzer seems a little unneccessary as well.

I wouldn't worry about this. From the interviews I have seen with Hasbro, this is the tip of the iceberg for a fullscale relaunch. They are trying to recapture the collector dollar, and once they have it, they will keep on churning out product. I am certain that we will see damn near every classic figure released at some point over the next 2-3 years. I'll bet they will reveal more at Joe Con and then we will start seeing the vehicles at Toy Fair. Now all they need to do is get more of the current product onto the street!

BountyHunterScum
08-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Don't forget there will be another Cobra 5 pack as well with CC in black, Grey Cobra Officer, a VvV scheme Stormshadow, a Cobra Trooper and a Cobra Jetpack trooper with gas mask similar to the comic pack.

And if you think the SW Q&A is worthless, they released the GI Joe one today. All answers were we'll see or at JoeCon in a few weeks.

Are you talking about the dark grey VvV Cobra Commander? I have that and the light blue one. I also have the single carded hood cobra commander.

pbarnard
08-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Are you talking about the dark grey VvV Cobra Commander? I have that and the light blue one. I also have the single carded hood cobra commander.

No, this will be similar to that figure, but basically be the black/red version. The gray Cobra Officer is like the Stinger Driver to be remade 25th Anniversary style.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HJ63306 Has some pictures.

BountyHunterScum
08-21-2007, 02:53 PM
No, this will be similar to that figure, but basically be the black/red version. The gray Cobra Officer is like the Stinger Driver to be remade 25th Anniversary style.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HJ63306 Has some pictures.

Oh ok its a repaint. So was the light blue one or grey one, the gray one had a cape the blue one didn't.