PDA

View Full Version : New Comic Pack possibilities.

jedi master sal
08-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Okay first I must give credit to someone else for the two posted here to someone else. I was on JD earlier and saw this post (though it was longer and had more requests-I choose these two).

Alto Stratus & Nimbus Commando - Star Wars Republic 56: The Battle of Jabiim
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/b7/Stratus4.jpg
Stratus looks cool, like what Kenobi might have turned into looking. But it's really the Nimbus Commandos as they look similare but different enough from Mandolorians.

Cyborg Darth Maul & Obi-Wan Kenobi - Star Wars Visionaries
The second I saw the Darth Maul from the Visionaries book I wanted it as a figure.
See below

Mando3lite
08-26-2007, 06:13 PM
i totally agree on darth maul, it would look pretty sweet
there are so many possibilities
i would like to see the boba from the evolution pack and a SA IG-88.
kinda like a revision.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Frankly I wouldn't like either of those sets. I've thought Alto Stratus and the Nimbus warriors were way too over-the-top (not to mention their retarded names - they're on a rain planet, we get it; the Ewoks weren't named things like Deciduous and Conifer). Also, I hope the Infinities Vader and Leia don't lead to more non-canon things like Visionaries, as I would rather have figures that are from events that happened in the canon before we start getting ones that aren't.

PloKoon_08
08-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Hello, this is my first post here. I'm a long time reader, I really enjoy collecting star wars (all of my collection is out of box), but I digress. More toward the point of the post, I think that Thome and the Neti (T'ra S'raa?) would be a good choice for a comic two pack. Although they seem to focus on a hero/villain format for the majority, as far as I can tell. I think in that case a good idea would be perhaps a K'khrukk and a Asajj Ventress, or perhaps K'khrukk and a Darth Krayt. Really you could pair K'khrukk with anybody you wanted to, considering he survived from the Clone Wars era to the legacy era.

Just a thought, thanks for listening.

El Chuxter
08-27-2007, 02:23 AM
I would hope not with Krayt, since I would like a K'krukh figure and would absolutely not buy any Legacy-based horses*** under any circumstances.

PloKoon_08
08-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I'd personally prefer a Clone Wars based K'khurk and/or a NJO based K'khurk. I don't know what it is, but I just have issues with the legacy. It's just so different that it doesn't even feel like Star Wars anymore. There are still Jedi and Sith, but... it's different.

El Chuxter
08-27-2007, 09:47 AM
I've expressed my problems with Legacy many, many times. Mainly, it totally undermines the point of the movies if Anakin didn't bring balance to the Force. I've heard and seen people argue that the balance isn't permanent; but the prophecy doesn't say, "He is the one who will bring balance to the Force for a few weeks or maybe even a month."

Anything written prior to 1999 can have Sith Lords, since no one knew anything about the Rule of Two or the Force being balanced in ROTJ. Anything written after 1999 can only have Sith if it takes place prior to the Battle of Endor.

Oh, and my other issue with Legacy is that the plot and storytelling are so godawful bad, it's downright insulting. I've read a lot of Star Wars, and a lot of comics (and a lot of Star Wars comics). If I can't figure out what the hell is going on after two or three issues (especially with the zero issue "cheat sheet"), it's not worth wasting $3 a month on anymore.

Seriously, someone said, "Fanboys think Maul is kewl. Fanboys like Twi'leks. Fanboys dig half-naked girls. How about a half-naked Twi'lek Sith Lord with Maul's tattoos?"

Sinscia Fat'o
08-30-2007, 11:57 AM
I've expressed my problems with Legacy many, many times. Mainly, it totally undermines the point of the movies if Anakin didn't bring balance to the Force. I've heard and seen people argue that the balance isn't permanent; but the prophecy doesn't say, "He is the one who will bring balance to the Force for a few weeks or maybe even a month."

Anything written prior to 1999 can have Sith Lords, since no one knew anything about the Rule of Two or the Force being balanced in ROTJ. Anything written after 1999 can only have Sith if it takes place prior to the Battle of Endor.

Oh, and my other issue with Legacy is that the plot and storytelling are so godawful bad, it's downright insulting. I've read a lot of Star Wars, and a lot of comics (and a lot of Star Wars comics). If I can't figure out what the hell is going on after two or three issues (especially with the zero issue "cheat sheet"), it's not worth wasting $3 a month on anymore.

Seriously, someone said, "Fanboys think Maul is kewl. Fanboys like Twi'leks. Fanboys dig half-naked girls. How about a half-naked Twi'lek Sith Lord with Maul's tattoos?"

Legacy is strange, it started out okay, a little different but okay, and the more it went on and on the more i got confused. I hated the idenity of Darth Krayt's idenity, being the tusken jedi....WTF? I like the character's look but they might want to get a better writer for the series. I've heard alot of the characters from legacy will be in next years comic two packs.

Though back on topic, i think the visionaries Maul would be cool, though id like to see the the maul in red and is a female...WOTC used this concept for luke for the sith witches in the minis game, and it would be cool to have that as a action figure since thats as close as its going to get to a dathomir witch figure.

Blue2th
08-30-2007, 01:06 PM
After the Battle of Endor there can be clones of Sith Lords, as in C'both or later the clone Emperor.

I would like to see a Thrawn and Nogri 2-pack, or C'both and and Luke or clone-Luke 2-pack, as the next Heir to the Empire comic pack.

Sinscia Fat'o
08-30-2007, 01:56 PM
After the Battle of Endor there can be clones of Sith Lords, as in C'both or later the clone Emperor.

I would like to see a Thrawn and Nogri 2-pack, or C'both and and Luke or clone-Luke 2-pack, as the next Heir to the Empire comic pack.

I hope they make C'both and a Nogri next as well, since the Heir to the empire was such a great novel, and comic series i imagine we'll see a few of them in the near future, espically if the Luke/Mara 2-pack does well.

Though im confused as to how there can never be any true sith lords again?

TheDarthVader
08-30-2007, 02:39 PM
I need someone to fill me in. This might be a dumb statement, but I want to know if we are going to get another A New Hope comic with two figures. Does anyone know? I just picked up the Luke with R2, and I noticed that the fourth ANH comic did NOT have the final ending. It just took us up to the battle of yavin. If anyone knows...please post!

thanks!

jedi master sal
08-30-2007, 03:31 PM
I need someone to fill me in. This might be a dumb statement, but I want to know if we are going to get another A New Hope comic with two figures. Does anyone know? I just picked up the Luke with R2, and I noticed that the fourth ANH comic did NOT have the final ending. It just took us up to the battle of yavin. If anyone knows...please post!

thanks!

The comics included are not to be meant as a running story. Rahter they are reflective of the figures included in the set and appear in that issue. (or should appear in that issue)

It may be possible that another pack for ANH can come out, but it does not appear to be the plan at the moment for Hasbro.

In short the comic books are just an added bonus.

-Sal

Sinscia Fat'o
09-02-2007, 04:45 PM
The Knights of the old Republic comic series would make some interesting two packs, with all the jedi, mandaloriens, aliens, and such. Im not a big fan of the games, but the comics are something i can get behind.