PDA

View Full Version : Episode II Music

Utinni
02-08-2002, 02:47 PM
www.darkhorizons.com had this in their news today...

Star Wars: Episode II: 'S & M' briefed us a few years back about the music in Episode I, now they're back with a look at what we can apparently expect from John Williams in Episode II:

"The Main Title is the exact same it's always been. Nothing new here at all. "Anakin's Theme" is much more prominent this time, but delving much more into "The Imperial March".
There are is a brand new love theme, one being kept kind of secret, as they just printed at the top of the sheet music "The Love Theme." (I certainly hope that doesn't stick). It was recorded within the context of the movie, as well as a seperate musical piece.

"Palpatine" (that's how Williams primarily addressed) and his theme is back...this time much darker and sinister than Episode One. With it is also what was titled "The Dark Side" or something similiar (snippets of this was heard with Episode 1, the slow beating of drums and "cha-cha" sound heard with Maul and Sidious).

"Duel of the Fates" makes a prominent return also. There was one curious new theme that was included that my source thinks may be that of a Fett Legacy-type thing. Not too sure about it, however.

Lastly, "The Light of the Force" is going to make several new appearances as well. Overall, this score is going to be darker than Episode 1."

Thanks to Garth and his 'spies" at DH!!

Beast
02-08-2002, 02:59 PM
Cool news Utinni. Do you think that they will be smart enough on the E2 music CD track list, not to give away anything major in the track names. Remember the E1 CD's track list "Qui-Gon's Funeral". Nice job of keeping that one under wraps Lucasfilm. :D I hope you guys fired whoever decided to use that as a track name on a CD that comes out before the movie opens. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
02-08-2002, 03:09 PM
Who let creepy back in?:mad:

Utinni
02-08-2002, 03:14 PM
Eat me, fanboy. Steve said as long as I "behave" and don't hand out the password, I can come back. So except for this one time right now, I am never mentioning it again. I am also not talking to you. We are still sore at what you did to us.

Rollo Tomassi
02-08-2002, 03:22 PM
:mad: ".....................":mad:

:evil: (thinking about everything he could type)

:(

:zzz: (breathes deeply)

:o (exhales)

Fair Enough. Nice scoop on the music. I wonder if the "love theme" is reminiscent of the Han/Leia theme or entirely new.

Is the Fett/legacy theme in the Duel of the Fates? That is written oddly.

Palpatine sounds cool.

I guess we'll hear it in a few months, anyway...

JetsAndHeels
02-08-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Utinni
Eat me, fanboy. Steve said as long as I "behave" and don't hand out the password, I can come back. So except for this one time right now, I am never mentioning it again. I am also not talking to you. We are still sore at what you did to us.
I am a long time SSG reader, but I have only been a member of these forums since the beginning of the year.
Did I miss something here? You have caught my interest.

Jedi Clint
02-08-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96

I am a long time SSG reader, but I have only been a member of these forums since the beginning of the year.
Did I miss something here? You have caught my interest.

Nope. Nothing to see here move along.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-08-2002, 08:22 PM
Boba Fett had a theme from ESB that had a French horn motif (if I recall correctly), so I figure that's what Williams may be aluding to. I agree with the "spoilers" aspect; if there's an "Obi-Wan Becomes a Clone" or something song, that'll be crappy.

Here's the way that the songs should be written (I have no scoops, I'm just making this up as I go):
Main Title
Down to the Planet's Surface
A Mysterious Wind
The Armies Proceed
A New Enemy
Final Approach
Maelstrom of the Force
Tribute to a Fallen Friend
The Senate Chamber
Doku's Theme
The Droids Arrive
Starfighter Duel

Etc.
Etc.

Now, would we, the fans, know EXACTLY what happened if these were the song titles? No! But would we WANT to know? Darn tootin'! :Pirate: Arr.

Co Jo-Da
02-09-2002, 02:37 AM
I for one am happy that the music theme's are getting darker and darker, building up to the Rise of the Empire in Episode III...

LTBasker
02-09-2002, 02:56 AM
Palpatine's gonna do the cha-cha??? :eek:
:stupid: :rolleyes:

Rollo Tomassi
02-09-2002, 11:46 AM
"A Mysterious Wind"??

I thought you guys said there were no fart jokes in this one...:mad: :rolleyes:

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 04:08 AM
i guess Fetts theme theme would kind of be something the this ( crapy yet my Music chose)

(dun dun dun) ohe na ta ta ta (tant tunt) na ta ta taaaaaa mahhh (bump bump bum bum bum bum bum) ohe naaaa ra ta ta ta ohe raneta

if you have the EPIsode UE if you lissin to the track where the DM probe droid is searching for the Jedi my best guess that is what it kida must be

this is only my theroy though its not even close to 20% then again i don't know

Bel-Cam Jos
02-10-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
i guess Fetts theme theme would kind of be something the this ( crapy yet my Music chose)
(dun dun dun) ohe na ta ta ta (tant tunt) na ta ta taaaaaa mahhh (bump bump bum bum bum bum bum) ohe naaaa ra ta ta ta ohe raneta
then again i don't know

Oh yeah! But wasn't it:
(dun dun dun) ohe na ta ta ta (tant tunt) na ta ta taaaaaa mahhh (bump bump bum bum BE bum BA bum bum) ohe naaaa ra ta ta ta ohe raneta SHABBA DOO WAH!

:happy: :happy: :p :o :eek: :D :D :D :D :) :happy: :happy:
I'm sorry. That was wrong... :evil: ... wrong like a fox!!! ;)

Here's a BSLOS to make up for my flipancy:
dum dum ba dum umpa doo boppa heppa boppa shubee shadda bum bum

:rolleyes:

Rollo Tomassi
02-10-2002, 12:40 PM
Who needs John Williams when we've got Bel Cam Jos and Paul kenobi?:rolleyes: :happy:

Paul-Kenobi
02-13-2002, 08:14 PM
Oh cut it out. So what it was just a idea.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-13-2002, 08:22 PM
PK, I was just kidding. ;) I DID put in a BSLOS as pennance, didn't you see? :rolleyes:
But seriously, I have not yet checked my ESB compact disc to determine what IS Fett's theme. I know it's not very loud.

Here's my guess:
dum dunanananuh dun dun dunnah. dum dunanananuh dun dun dunnah. dum dunanananuh dun dun dunnaaaaaaaah (louder).

To use your phrase: "It was just an idea." :D Feel free to mock me at any time, all!

Rollo Tomassi
02-14-2002, 03:37 PM
Chill out , PK. I was funnin' more at Mr. Daddy Pants Bel Cam than you. But I thought you'd be offended if I left you out. I actually got your "musical" translation.

P.S. If you see ":) ",";) ",":rolleyes: ", ":happy: ",":D ",":p ", or ":Pirate: " then the comment was light hearted jest and don't take it too personally!!:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

:Pirate: Yohoho mateys!! Arrrgh!

Paul-Kenobi
02-14-2002, 08:22 PM
it's ok. I'm sorry for over reacting there.

by the way Fetts theme is on ESB CD2 Track 3 right at the bigining

dun dun dun dun dunnnnnn duuuuuuuuuummmmm duuuun duuuummmmmmm mmmmm hmmmmm mmmmmmmmm dun dun tum dun dun dun duuuuunnnnn dum dun dum duuuunnnnn ;) ;)

Co Jo-Da
02-15-2002, 06:10 PM
Abbey Rd Monk posted this at TheForce.net:

Hi folks. I just figured I'd drop in and give you guys a sneek preview of the new music for Episode 2.

This is the "Love Theme" for Anakin and Padme.

It's gonna be released as single in about over a month (before the soundtrack release), like "Duel of the Fates". But unlike "Duel of the Fates", this won't have a music video to accompany it.

Since it is gonna be released as a single, this is a snippet (actually, much of the song) to wet your appetites.

It's the real deal. Trust me.
Like I said before, it's not the full song. And yes, I did an editing/looping job on it because I want you guys to buy the full version when it comes out. It is a little dark, but it is a dark love story. Especially in terms of Episode III.

If you guys be good, I may drop you another snippet.

How about the bounty hunter chase?

BTW, for those of you who said it doesn't sound like Williams:

1. You need to listen to more than just his "popcorn" work.

2. You need to listen to the full version of this before you criticize it.

Keep in mind that people in the past have tried to forge false tracks to dupe websites into posting on them as the real deal. This could very well be the same, but we'll let you decide this time. The chance of it happening is slim, but there have been leaks on every level of the production thus far (most recent being early publication books) so this shouldn't be a surprise now or in the near future.

Love Theme (www.geocities.com/lso_aotc/index.html)

Sorry it's on Geocities, the link doesn't work very well, hopefully it will be up on a different service...

Paul-Kenobi
02-15-2002, 06:58 PM
hmmm i must here this :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Queen Katharine Leah
02-15-2002, 09:11 PM
Help! I can't hear it! I must hear the Love Theme. Now! Where is it???

I'll never forget how moving it was to hear Duel of the Fates for the first time. I am not exagerating to call it chilling. I think it may be the best piece of music written by John Williams since the original Star Wars Theme. Don't getta me wrongo, he has written lots of greit movements and pieces. But Duel rules. I anticipate even better things as the trilogy gets darker. I can't wait for the pivotal scene in Episode III which GL said Williams has already written (unknowingly) the music for. I'm sure it's the turning of Anakin to Vader. That was from the Boston Globe article in May of 99, which was a classical music review of the soundtrack. (And was posted here, I believe)

Co Jo-Da
02-15-2002, 11:31 PM
Sorry the link isn't working but if a different one comes along I'll spread the word... :p

Queen Katharine Leah
02-16-2002, 09:54 PM
I just heard the snippets from both Love Theme and Coruscant Chase.

I hope the fact that they are snippets means the good parts are to come. That is actually harsh, because the beginning of each theme had a glimpse of themes from prior themes of EP I.

The Coruscant Chase is very dramatic, but it doesn't have a theme you can hum along to. You know what I mean? Think Asteroid Field from ESB. This is more heavy percussion and light on the melody. I'm sure that the heavy percussion is synonymous with the Sith, a la the Maul drums.

The Love Theme has a promising start, and then doesn't go anywhere. Maybe it's the loop job done to the soundbite, and we don't get the crescendo, I hope. There is a hint of Anakin's theme a the beginning, and then just blah. Please let there be more, really top notch John Williams music!!!

What does everyone else think?

Paul-Kenobi
02-16-2002, 10:19 PM
Officaly 100% FAKE i was at the force.net they confurmed it was officaly fake

the love theme was from Quest for camolot and most of it wa splayed backwehrds

The Corasunt Chase was Music from EPI and then music from The Lost World Jurassic Park ( also compossed by williams)

so we still have no ofical music from williams on AOTC.

chewie
02-16-2002, 10:27 PM
Yeah we do. The opening theme. :D :crazed:

Rollo Tomassi
02-17-2002, 12:49 PM
Yeah we do. The opening theme.

Touche.

Paul-Kenobi
02-17-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by chewie
Yeah we do. The opening theme. :D :crazed:

No we don't all we know of is that its the same opening theme like allways

Bel-Cam Jos
02-17-2002, 06:04 PM
And the closing credits, too.

Add in Yoda's Theme, Anakin's Theme, the Force Theme, maybe Boba Fett's Theme or Imperial March, and we pratically have the whole soundtrack! :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for the SW soundtrack that has current artists' versions. Think about how these groups or singers could "improve" the music:
Limp Bizkit
Ja Rule
Creed
Christina Aguillera
Pink
OBD
Savage Garden
Elton John
Prince

:happy: If you could not tell, that was sarcasm at its finest! ;)

Co Jo-Da
02-18-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
Add in Yoda's Theme, Anakin's Theme, the Force Theme, maybe Boba Fett's Theme or Imperial March, and we pratically have the whole soundtrack! :rolleyes:

Very true...Sorry for jumping the gun on the previous posts...:frus:

JEDIpartner
02-21-2002, 10:28 AM
Limp Bizkit- just noise like the rest of their stuff.
Ja Rule- Some Kaminoan background noise.
Creed- Some Jedi theme...
Christina Aguillera- Padme's Theme
Pink- "Get this party started (Part II)"- for the Arena Battle
OBD- ehhhh... No.
Savage Garden- they broke up.
Elton John- Threepio's theme
Prince- Artoo's theme (since he's like the same height maybe he could relate).

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-21-2002, 07:47 PM
I'm waiting for the elevator muzak versions :crazed: man, I love elevator muzak. So tacky it's good. Like, try to figure out just exactly what it is that's playing. Vader's theme done on a hammond organ is just fantastic! The main title done on flute is so soothing and the maraccas and congas version of Yodas theme with a casiotone keyboard taking the main sections is breathtaking..... Duel of the fates, how many bad versions are ther out ther? I love them all so much. I never listen to the originals now.

And that's not sarcasm I'm deadly serious. "So tacky - it's good". Could be a winning ad campaign in that. :happy:

Paul-Kenobi
02-26-2002, 02:40 AM
Hey if you guys wanna Pre order ythe CD now GET YO GROOV TO AMAZON!

of corse i wait till it comes out in the stores

Co Jo-Da
02-26-2002, 11:05 PM
I already have it pre-ordered but I can't tell you where I got it, it's a really good deal...

That's classified, I could tell you be than I'd have to kill you...