PDA

View Full Version : New Hoth Battle Pack?

Battle Droid
08-17-2007, 12:14 PM
From, http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=15858.0

The JediDefender Spy Network has uncovered a bit of news this AM... it seems as though a new Hoth Battle Pack just might be headed our way later this year or early next.

No official details just yet, but it's very likely that this pack will include -

Hoth Han Solo (2007 Vintage Repaint with Blue Coat)
Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker (using the Zev body with new head/helmet)
Rebel Officer (a gray colored Derlin repaint)
Hoth Rebe Trooper (don't get too excited, it's the tiny 2004 sculpt)

Details are a bit sketchy on what that 5th figure will be, but we should have more details later today hopefully...

kool-aid killer
08-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Bah! The other ones were a lot better. The only figure that sounds interesting of the four is the Rebel Officer. An awesome fifth figure could possibly salvage this set (assuming its true) in my eyes.

jedi master sal
08-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Well this would be the right set to put Torryn Farr in. We'd all complain about having to get the set for just her, but most of us would still get the set.

But really those four figures plus a Torryn Farr is a decent set. I'd buy one.

Old Fossil
08-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Too bad its all Rebels... should've had a couple of VTAC Snowtroopers thrown in for good measure.

Battle Droid
08-17-2007, 04:17 PM
PICS!

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1187384539,66380,

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Luke is going to be way too tall, and I hope this isn't the final version of him in his snowspeeder pilot gear. I should've known this Han was coming. The others will make good background fodder. Here's hoping that the fifth figure will be a VTAC Snowtrooper.

vadersvette
08-18-2007, 06:44 AM
Ugh. Luke could've been a great figure, but they had to use the Gold Leader body again. Hopefully they will end up using a better sized scupt (like the VTSC Luke), repainted, new arms and a hood piece added. Also his own lightsaber.

I don't like the Han. If they were to rerelease this figure again, you would think they might include the hood-up piece.

A different head other than Bren Derlin might be nice on the grey repainted figure.

And then there's the dreadful Hoth midget/statuette Soldier.

bigbarada
08-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Luke looks terrible with those unarticulated straight arms, incorrect height and incorrect boots. However, I almost wonder if this means we'll see a new Luke Snowspeeder Pilot in 2008. Seeing as how Hoth Han and the Snowtrooper were released in a Tin Set just a few months before the vintage-style versions of those two figures.

Kidhuman
08-18-2007, 04:23 PM
I cant beleive they trashed a perfectly good Hoth Battle pack for this set.

Gothiczartan
08-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Luke looks terrible with those unarticulated straight arms, incorrect height and incorrect boots. However, I almost wonder if this means we'll see a new Luke Snowspeeder Pilot in 2008. Seeing as how Hoth Han and the Snowtrooper were released in a Tin Set just a few months before the vintage-style versions of those two figures.

luke pilot sure does not look good!

I remember they made a han (frozen carbonite) with battle pack figures and years later they make a all new sculpt han with carbonite black for the saga collection.

maybe they should do the same thing for luke hoth pilot.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15857

AmanaMatt
08-19-2007, 10:50 AM
The only fig out of this set I'd want will be the Blue Hoth Han....not that shade of blue, though.....now, we just need them to include that alternative head.....

I've never wanted a Luke fig the same height as my Vader, so Luke is not a fig I'd want - not using the Zev body.

Gothiczartan
08-19-2007, 01:00 PM
The only fig out of this set I'd want will be the Blue Hoth Han....not that shade of blue, though.....now, we just need them to include that alternative head.....

I've never wanted a Luke fig the same height as my Vader, so Luke is not a fig I'd want - not using the Zev body.

would the be better if they make a luke skywalker evolution packs as a snowspeeder pilot, dagobah training (w/removable soft good jacket and holster belt) and jedi knight (with all the accessoires needs as seen in the film)?

AmanaMatt
08-19-2007, 02:04 PM
That would be cool - the evolution line does a nice job in the detail dept; The upcoming Fett set looks incredible, for example

I would love a Hoth Luke Xwing outfit (correct scale for Luke) done....we still need the 'ultimate Jedi Luke' too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2007, 02:56 PM
I realized a few more things that bug me about this Battlepack. Luke's head is an ANH sculpt, meaning that it's Mark Hamill's pre-car crash look, which doesn't jive with the snowspeeder suit. Also, the VTAC Han already has a slight blue wash over the brown coat, meaning it looks blue or brown in certain lights, rendering a blue version moot (and the damn coat is brown, it was on display at CIV).

Gothiczartan
08-19-2007, 04:54 PM
That would be cool - the evolution line does a nice job in the detail dept; The upcoming Fett set looks incredible, for example

I would love a Hoth Luke Xwing outfit (correct scale for Luke) done....we still need the 'ultimate Jedi Luke' too.

evolution packs of luke skywalkers
snowspeeder pilot, degobah training and jedi knight

evolution packs of rebel pilots (all of them in new sculpt or retooled dutch w/luke arms and feet for better movie accurate)
wedge antilles, biggs darklighter and garven dave dreis

evolution packs of rebel piots

a wing pilot, x wing pilot and b wing pilot

Kidhuman
08-19-2007, 05:44 PM
I dont think a Luke evolution pack would be any good. People have way too many Lukes as is right now. It would bomb. The only reason I bought Luke this year is because of the Moisture Vaparator. Kids will not go for it and most collectors will not either.

Gothiczartan
08-19-2007, 07:24 PM
I dont think a Luke evolution pack would be any good. People have way too many Lukes as is right now. It would bomb. The only reason I bought Luke this year is because of the Moisture Vaparator. Kids will not go for it and most collectors will not either.

so what if there are too many lukes, there are lukes not yet made into figures like a movie accurate luke hoth pilot, luke hoth gear in vintage style, luke jedi knight with full accessories from movie, luke in medical robe!

i thought kids like the 3 3/4" star wars toys, don't they

why collectors don't like the luke w/vaparator?

I'm sure a new snowspeeder luke would be a great figure for most collectors and kids!

a basic figure line for luke hoth pilot is ok. the star wars toyline don't die out!

Kidhuman
08-19-2007, 09:59 PM
so what if there are too many lukes, there are lukes not yet made into figures like a movie accurate luke hoth pilot, luke hoth gear in vintage style, luke jedi knight with full accessories from movie, luke in medical robe!

Luke Hoth gear was made in the Saga line. It was a great figure and most people dont think it needs to be remade. All this SA carp is getting ridiculous. Not every damn figure needs it.

i thought kids like the 3 3/4" star wars toys, don't they

Kids dont buy evolution packs. Kids dont buy the unleashed 7". Kids mostly collect the movie of the month figures. A few stick with star wars. Most of them like the prequel figures becuase thats what they know. Battle packs and evolutions are geared towards collectors. The last battle pack to have any new figures in it was the Ilum pack with Padme and the Chameleon droids. Most battle packs are repacked figures and they have been hitting clearances at most stores. Hell, I bought the Tantive IV sets at 5 dollars a pop because no one wanted to pay 20 bucks for them. Hasbro will not include new figures in them becuase they dont want to mke a mold for new figures. The most you will get are rehashed, kitbashed figures in them.

why collectors don't like the luke w/vaparator?

Cause it looked like Luke was cracked out on Death Sticks. Horrible likeness, the worst of any Luke since the POTF2 days.

I'm sure a new snowspeeder luke would be a great figure for most collectors and kids!

Possibly, but it will not go into a battle pack and it might make an evolutions set.

a basic figure line for luke hoth pilot is ok. the star wars toyline don't die out!

On a card yes, the evolution packs seem to be going towards a specific genre, not a character. Jedi's, Sith, clones, etc.

The only Evolution pack for a character was Anakin/Vader. Everyone else was different figures in them. Dont get your hopes up for an all Luke Evolution set with three brand spanking new, never before seen Luke figure. I can guarantee you it will contain the Jedi Luke we got already, a Tatooine Luke we got already and more than likely one of his ESB outfits or even his VTAC X-wing set. They way Hasbro has been churning out these Lukes every year, none of them will make a Vintage line up anytime soon. All the good variations are on a single card.

Gothiczartan
08-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Luke Hoth gear was made in the Saga line. It was a great figure and most people dont think it needs to be remade. All this SA carp is getting ridiculous. Not every damn figure needs it.

Kids dont buy evolution packs. Kids dont buy the unleashed 7". Kids mostly collect the movie of the month figures. A few stick with star wars. Most of them like the prequel figures becuase thats what they know. Battle packs and evolutions are geared towards collectors. The last battle pack to have any new figures in it was the Ilum pack with Padme and the Chameleon droids. Most battle packs are repacked figures and they have been hitting clearances at most stores. Hell, I bought the Tantive IV sets at 5 dollars a pop because no one wanted to pay 20 bucks for them. Hasbro will not include new figures in them becuase they dont want to mke a mold for new figures. The most you will get are rehashed, kitbashed figures in them.

Cause it looked like Luke was cracked out on Death Sticks. Horrible likeness, the worst of any Luke since the POTF2 days.

Possibly, but it will not go into a battle pack and it might make an evolutions set.

On a card yes, the evolution packs seem to be going towards a specific genre, not a character. Jedi's, Sith, clones, etc.

The only Evolution pack for a character was Anakin/Vader. Everyone else was different figures in them. Dont get your hopes up for an all Luke Evolution set with three brand spanking new, never before seen Luke figure. I can guarantee you it will contain the Jedi Luke we got already, a Tatooine Luke we got already and more than likely one of his ESB outfits or even his VTAC X-wing set. They way Hasbro has been churning out these Lukes every year, none of them will make a Vintage line up anytime soon. All the good variations are on a single card.

I like figures with the best articulation on the ball jointed neck/shoulders/elbows/torso/knees/ankles. I want them on the x wing pilots, luke snowspeeder pilot, biggs and wedge (retooled dutch with luke's arms and feet) I prefer on them and I'm sure collectors would like figures with better articulation. they are the best feature on the figures and they are not that bad to me.

lando def needs a retooling for a removable cape. the rest of the figure is ok except for the cape is stuck on him.

toonimator
08-19-2007, 10:24 PM
(and the damn coat is brown, it was on display at CIV).
At RS, there's been a lot of debate about that coat, since compared with stills from the film, Han's coat is definitely NOT that kind of brown. More of a charcoal gray. Something that could look warm (brown) or cool (blue) depending on the light, but definitely isn't a Chewbacca-style brown (as the Han photos posted were non-film shots of him with Chewie...and a Snowspeeder Pilot extra in a speeder behind them, wearing what looks to be sunglasses!)

So anyway, the CIV coat was TOO brown. Just as this repaint is TOO blue. Some are thinking these are meant for comic packs, which might explain Derlin's non-film (yet still cool) repaint, and the bright blue, and the lack of a 5th figure. The Saga Hoth Trooper would make whichever set he's in the cheapest, lamest Comic Pack yet. So I hope there's a 5th, and it's a BP (since that'd mean more actual comic characters will be in the line next year!)

Gothiczartan
08-20-2007, 01:24 AM

the luke figures are not that bad! I like them all from the movie in movie accurate. I'm still waiting for a all new sculpt luke hoth pilot and luke in other outfits not yet made into figures. a jedi knight luke would be nice with all the accessories needs like innerchangable hands, hilt and lighsaber, soft goods cloak and tunic. I evolution packs or basic figures line whatever as long as they make those figures that I wanted for I want the SW fans to enjoy them!

A retooled Hoth Luke with removable cap w/soft goods scarf would be nice.

El Chuxter
08-20-2007, 10:53 AM
I don't suppose you were collecting about 6-8 years ago, when there were so many Tatooine Luke figures available at one time, were you?

TheRealDubya
08-20-2007, 01:37 PM
I really like both packs, except for that lame Hoth Rebel soldier. The Blue Hoth Han and Luke Snowspeeder pilot really strike my fancy, strange as they are. If they throw in the hooded Han head, I'll be ecstatic. Might the other item be a Tauntaun or Wampa?

I think the Endor set is perfect. Great set for kids and collectors alike. Those are the best possible sculpts for all five figures.

TheRealDubya
08-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Those are the best possible sculpts for all five figures.

Wait a minute, scratch that. I just took a closer look at the Chewie, and they could have used the VOTC/Early Bird sculpt. I don't love the one they went with. So it's a solid 4/5 for me.

Sinscia Fat'o
08-20-2007, 05:41 PM
I don't know about these, i mean if im buying them im buying them for 1-2 figures, figures i could purchase for about 12 bucks...im not sure about the Luke Pilot, i'll have to see more before i say yay or nay. The Hoth trooper is a sad, the midget...UGHh. Im happy Bren Derlin is coming back since i never found him the first time around, so thats a plus, heres to hoping the fifth figure for the hoth pack is leia in hoth gear retooled and with SA...

The Endor pack is a great dissappointment, the han with no trench coat...Version of chew ie looks ackward...stormstrooper with a smudge on it? Not good enough. At-AT pilot why not just packed the han version? as for the fifth figure...who knows more than likely it'll be another Ewok... :(

Mad Slanted Powers
08-21-2007, 01:33 AM
The colors on these seem all wrong. As someone in the Jedi Defender thread said, they look like customs or comic packs.

I never had that big of a problem with that Hoth soldier. He is small and a bit preposed, but mix him up with the other Hoth soldiers and hopefully some improved future versions and you have some variety to the troops.

TheRealDubya
08-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I never had that big of a problem with that Hoth soldier. He is small and a bit preposed, but mix him up with the other Hoth soldiers and hopefully some improved future versions and you have some variety to the troops.

I actually kind of dig the POTF2 one that came with the Anti-Vehicle Cannon; the sculpt was little less bulky and more neutrally posed. If they could use that head sculpt and do some kitbashing of the Derlin or most recent Luke Hoth, and give it a new paint app, it'd make a pretty great Hoth Reb.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-21-2007, 05:23 PM
So anyway, the CIV coat was TOO brown. Just as this repaint is TOO blue.
Wait, what? I saw the literal actual coat that Harrison Ford wore in the film, in a normal light, with my own two eyes. It was brown.

Battle Droid
09-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Boxed pic, sucks that it's an exclusive, especially to Target! :mad:

http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/9-07/battleofhoth.jpg

Kidhuman
09-19-2007, 10:46 PM
That is real nice and I will be getting it.

Adam
09-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Wow. They went crazy with this one. I'm almost sold on it for the AT-ST and the Hoth Turret. But jeez, it will be pricey. The only new things in it for me are the aforementioned chicken walker and turret, along with Bren. The kitbashed Luke is interesting, but is not accurate like some have said. Don't really need another V-Solo, and that Hoth Trooper is so out of date, its amazing they are including him at all. The two V-Snowtroopers are a plus of course. Curious that if they went this far, that they just didn't include the entire POTF2 Hoth Playset, assuming the tooling still exists. THAT would be a great way to get some playsets out there for those who don't have them. I had the Hoth one, but returned it cause it was missing the turret! I never saw another after that.

Someone at JediDefender was predicting this would be Target's black friday item, like last years shuttle. Seems resonable to me.

Jargo
09-20-2007, 05:57 AM
The AT-ST looks like it's got the wobly legs same as the POTJ version. dunno why I say that but the plastic just looks odd. it's got a certain sheen to it when it's the bendy type of plastic.
don't quite understand the yellow staining on the snowtroopers and turret though unless there's yellow snow on hoth. just looks a bit eeeew!

Old Fossil
09-20-2007, 07:00 AM
Wow. They went crazy with this one. I'm almost sold on it for the AT-ST and the Hoth Turret. But jeez, it will be pricey. The only new things in it for me are the aforementioned chicken walker and turret, along with Bren. The kitbashed Luke is interesting, but is not accurate like some have said. Don't really need another V-Solo, and that Hoth Trooper is so out of date, its amazing they are including him at all. The two V-Snowtroopers are a plus of course. Curious that if they went this far, that they just didn't include the entire POTF2 Hoth Playset, assuming the tooling still exists. THAT would be a great way to get some playsets out there for those who don't have them. I had the Hoth one, but returned it cause it was missing the turret! I never saw another after that.

Someone at JediDefender was predicting this would be Target's black friday item, like last years shuttle. Seems resonable to me.

THREE Snowtroopers
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker
Rebel Trooper
AT-ST Driver

SEVEN figures!!! Now THAT'S a Battlepack! Of course, the thing's probably gonna run sixty dollars...

Blue2th
09-20-2007, 08:00 AM
Damn! I want that turret. I can get along without the rest of it, as I have most of the rest of it I think.
Probably will end up buying the set though. Guess I could use a battle-damaged AT-ST.
So which driver is that? I guess only the POTF2 one was made. Other than the Han one with a different head?

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-20-2007, 08:56 AM
THREE Snowtroopers
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker
Rebel Trooper
AT-ST Driver

SEVEN figures!!! Now THAT'S a Battlepack! Of course, the thing's probably gonna run sixty dollars...

If you look closely I think there is also someone in the top of the turret?

Old Fossil
09-20-2007, 09:20 AM

Roger roger... good eye! Definitely a white-gloved hand there.

This pack is frickin' nice... would be good to leave MIP for a nice display piece.

TheRealDubya
09-20-2007, 12:14 PM
I just hope I can find this sucker. I struggled (and failed) to track down a Shuttle last year.

This puts a big, bright shiny star on the future of the Battle Packs. I'll bet this is how they will do Jabba next year. This is their way of getting bigger "playset" parts out to us. If they will do a new turret, can a Jabba's throne be that far off? What else will they toss into the Endor one?

Sinscia Fat'o
09-20-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm not interested, another hoth han vintage or not im going to have to pass, the only bright shining star of this pack is the snow troopers and i can still find those if i look hard enough. Why didn't they pack at least one slightly new/retooled figure of a new figure/character? That and this being the "black Friday" item just lets me know that even if i wanted this thing i couldnt get it anyway.

pegger
09-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Stupid Target not being in stupid Canada.

I want that Turrent....It's going to be an expensive set.

El Chuxter
09-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Huh. I just checked to see if the turret was new, after all, and not a re-release of the vintage or a blow-up of the POTF2, and, goshdarnit, it does look new. And a lot nicer.

Does that make it worth the $60 or so this set will likely cost? Hell no.

Dark Marble
09-20-2007, 03:20 PM
I have been waiting for a "Hoth Themed" AT-ST so I will probably bite. Are the snowtroopers in there the Vintage ones that were just out? Talk about getting mileage on your figure molds!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Jeezum nuts, this set is freakin' SWEET!

I wonder if the AT-ST Driver is the one seen in the pics for the Endor set?

It looks like two Snowtroopers are the vintage mold and the one on the left is the TSC kitbashed one, all three of them repainted.

The turret does appear to be new, or at the very least heavily modified. I just got the POTF2 playset a few weeks ago and will gladly get another of these.

If you look really closely you can see that this is part of the "Ultimate Battle Pack" line. Damn, I'll say. What a beautiful overall set.

mtriv73
09-20-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm in for one of those (if I can find it.) I refuse to get up at 5AM the friday after thanksgiving to get it though. Maybe they'll stock them in decent numbers.

jedi master sal
09-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Ooh, I wasn't going to buy this set from the initial reports, but after seeing what is in it, I will get it.

I really won't need any of the figures, however I'll prolly keep the most of them anyway.

The turret is awesome and a Hoth deco AT-ST is long over due.

Kudos to Hasbro on this one.

I predict a price of $60
($4 per fig and it looks like 8 figs not 7, so that's $32 right there) look at the turret and you see a hand sticking out, so it looks like there is an 8th fig in there.
$20 for the AT-ST, bringing the total to $52,
then another $8 for the turret for a total of $60.

And that doesn't include the packaging.

Now, though I predict the price of $60, I am hopeful that it will be much less, say $40, but would bite on $50.

-Sal

Adam
09-20-2007, 07:37 PM

Most people believe it to be Bren Derlin, since when we first saw pictures of some of the figures from this set, he was included.

Snowtrooper
09-20-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm liking this set alot. Mainly for the Hoth AT-ST, turret. & snowtroopers. Hope its easy to find, but Target exclusives usually have been around here.

bigbarada
09-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Now this is what I call a "Battlepack!" :thumbsup:

Yes, I will get one for sure... even though there are no Targets within 100 miles of me. I'm guessing it's the internet for this set.

JEDIpartner
09-21-2007, 11:45 AM
It's VERY nice...!!!!

JON9000
09-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Aww c'mon, isn't somebody gonna gripe just a little? I love this set and will own it!

El Chuxter
09-21-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm not going to gripe, per se, since it looks nice, but I'm not getting it. I have no need for more Hoth Hans, Hoth Lukes, or AT-ST's, and I'm doing pretty well on Snowtroopers. I certainly don't need another Derlin, if it's true that he's in the turret. The only perk for me would be the turret, and I know this set will be $60+, which is way too much for me to spend on one set of scene dressing.

mm74md
09-21-2007, 12:47 PM
If this turns out to come out on Black Friday, I will finally have a reason to love my new job that I pass on the way to at 5:30 AM :)

DarkArtist
09-22-2007, 05:15 PM
JediDefender posted that the price would be $49.99

jedi master sal
09-22-2007, 07:21 PM
That's a VERY reasonable price for what you get.
8 figs
AT-ST (in hoth deco)
Golan Arms turret

Very respectable price indeed.

I finally have something to go after on Black Friday. Last few years have sucked since there really wasn't any new SW due to release that day. So I usually crapped out on finding new stuff.

This set will make it worth it to go out at 5am to hunt down.

Strangely enough I won't need most of the figs, just the turrets and one of the AT-STs.

So look for me to buy two sets and have most of the sets up for trade/sale.

-Sal

mtriv73
09-28-2007, 04:10 PM
If this turns out to come out on Black Friday, I will finally have a reason to love my new job that I pass on the way to at 5:30 AM :)

Could you pick me one up too? I want to sleep in.

AmanaMatt
09-29-2007, 09:00 PM
If anyone gets this and doesn't want the figs, PM me - I want the 'battle damaged' snowtrooper and Blue Han the most!

mm74md
10-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Could you pick me one up too? I want to sleep in.

So, is the baby keeping you up at night MTRIV? :twisted:

FYI - It appears the DPCI is 087-06-0112

mtriv73
10-04-2007, 02:36 PM
So, is the baby keeping you up at night MTRIV? :twisted:

FYI - It appears the DPCI is 087-06-0112

Not me, he wakes Anna up 2-3 times a night to eat though. Thanks goodness were not using formula.:thumbsup: