PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair Exclusive Vader

ConvergeDW
02-08-2002, 04:57 PM
I was meandering through Pre-Toy Fair today, and Got a chance to check out the Vader that Hasbro is giving out. It's on a really sharp looking card similar to what the 25th sets were to be on. It looks to be just a repaint though, done in a pewter like finish. It was hard to tell which figure it was precisely, seeing as a Hasbro employee was holding on to it for dear life. It's also open on the top so the lightsaber can stick through. I did't get a chance to snag one because you can't get near Hasbro until next week, or at least I can't, I am sure we'll see pictures in a couple of days.

Beast
02-08-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by ConvergeDW
I was meandering through Pre-Toy Fair today, and Got a chance to check out the Vader that Hasbro is giving out. It's on a really sharp looking card similar to what the 25th sets were to be on. It looks to be just a repaint though, done in a pewter like finish. It was hard to tell which figure it was precisely, seeing as a Hasbro employee was holding on to it for dear life. It's also open on the top so the lightsaber can stick through. I did't get a chance to snag one because you can't get near Hasbro until next week, or at least I can't, I am sure we'll see pictures in a couple of days.

Cool, I read about this figure a few days ago. Nice to hear some actual eyewitness confirmations of it. From what I understand Hasbro is going to make it avaliable later in the year thru the fan club. No doubt in varient packaging, probably just a cardboard mailer. Sure hope so, a pewter finish Darth Vader figure will look great displayed ontop of my computer. There was some rumors saying that it also came with some kind of a droid, did you see one in the package?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

ConvergeDW
02-08-2002, 05:06 PM
no, I didn't see a droid, but my glance was quick, so that's not to say there isn't one, I am going by there in a little bit, I am going to try and scam one somehow, so if I learn anymore, I will post it.

Beast
02-08-2002, 05:10 PM
Cool. Keep us all informed, especially of an E2 stuff if they have it up. Especially Senator Jar Jar Binks. Just make sure ya post it in the E2 forums. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

InsaneJediGirl
02-08-2002, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the news ConvergeDW.:D :D Means alot to this Vader Nut..er..Fan:crazed:

evenflow
02-11-2002, 05:29 PM
It is really nice, i hope that we will be able to get it through the fan club.

2-1B
02-11-2002, 06:04 PM
I am especially fond of the black card. It has a nostalgic feel for me.

Though I'm not sure about the lightsaber poking through the blister . . .

GNT
02-12-2002, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by evenflow
It is really nice, i hope that we will be able to get it through the fan club.

If it goes through the Fan club the package probably wont have the :2002 New York Toy Fair" part on it.

JetsAndHeels
02-12-2002, 10:48 AM
I am not really too concerned about it having the Toy Fair reference on the card. I just think it would be a nice piece to add to my collection. Hope the fan club gets it soon.

Lord Malakite
02-12-2002, 12:27 PM
I just spoke to my sources at Hasbro and they have confirmed that the Fan Club will indeed get the figure and they are 99.9% certain that it will be on the same card.

MisterPL
02-12-2002, 02:21 PM
Perhaps Sir Steve (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1704631040) could share some valuable "first-hand" knowledge with his fellow collectors. He might have some answers.

- How many were made? I've heard only 2,000 and that the Toy Fair supply is gone. Seems if the Fan Club were getting them, there'd be a lot more in stock somewhere.

- Will it be available through the Fan Club exactly as it was at Toy Fair? Wouldn't that devalue the Toy Fair piece (not that value is a concern; this is about fun, right?)?

- Any accessories? As stated above, rumors indicated a droid of some kind. Maybe this is what will set the Toy Fair version apart from its proposed Fan Club counterpart.

ChronicJedi
02-13-2002, 08:48 AM
I must say that the 2002 Toy Fair Star Wars Exclusive Darth Vader is an impressive piece indeed. It's already fetching upwards of $280 on eBay. I don't think you'll be seeing this one for $2 at TRU.

SithDroid
02-13-2002, 05:46 PM
$280 for something that will most likely be availabe through the Fan Club. When will some people learn. Also how about we get rid of exclusives. It always makes me mad when I have to drive to 5 different stores just to get what I want.

Turbowars
02-13-2002, 09:53 PM
I like the silver Vader and the vintage style card, but I think the bubble should have been larger so that the saber wasn't poking through the top, its different an`d pretty cool, nothing is going to stop me fom getting ONE!!!!!

Wolfwood319
02-13-2002, 10:24 PM
I was wondering what they did with all those FB Vaders warmin' the pegs. :sur:

Actually, its a decent repaint, but I don't like that saber sticking out of the bubble like that. If its through the fanclub, how are they going to ship it without that snaping off?

If I got one for free, I'd take it. But I wouldn't pay money for it.

Lord Tenebrous
02-14-2002, 12:24 AM
Would you bid for a Vader for charity? (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1704631040)

I probably wouldn't. Vader is the last thing I think of when I think of charity. If it were a Luke, Han, or Leia, maybe. Artoo or Threepio, definately.

GNT
02-14-2002, 04:19 AM
Hell no,not at that price!

JediTricks
02-15-2002, 04:47 AM
You could just... win one (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=13&show_article=1760)!

(I can't enter, so someone else better enjoy this sucker twice as much for me! :D)