PDA

View Full Version : New Endor Bunker Battle Pack?

Battle Droid
08-17-2007, 03:42 PM
From, http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=15864.0

Endor Bunker Battle Pack

Endor Han (VTSC Endor Han, minus Ponco)
Chewbacca
AT-ST Driver (Han AT-ST version w/ new head)
Scout Trooper (VTSC Version)
Stormtrooper (Battle Worn w/ green brown highlights)

Beast
08-17-2007, 04:26 PM
See, this is what they should put the 'All-Doors Open Fried R2-D2' in.

It would be a nice new figure to offer along with the others. Plus it could easily be costed into the mix, at least in my mind. And due to the doors open, meaning a lack of 'Play Factor' for kids, it wouldn't sell quite as well on a card.

Kidhuman
08-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Meh, would buy it for the army builders on clearance.

Old Fossil
08-17-2007, 05:10 PM
I think I'd buy this without waiting for clearance, myself.:thumbsup:

Battle Droid
08-17-2007, 05:31 PM
PICS!

http://jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1187383877,41699,

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2007, 05:45 PM
The Chewbacca looks a little weird . . . at first I thought it was the VOTC head on the ROTS body but it looks like it's the Bespin Escape one painted lighter. Han's skinny arms look junky without the coat, but I like the army builders so I'll probably get this set.

Devo
08-17-2007, 07:12 PM
The pea-head is the worst thing about that Han figure followed closely by the anorexia. Ms.Anorexia Solo is the name. The saga endor raid han was preposed and blighted by an action feature but at least the proportions were right.

I've no obvious need for this, unless they're making it a big battlepack and putting in the POTF2 bunker with it. Never did find that.

Jargo
08-17-2007, 08:58 PM
this set sucks and I'm not touching it with a million mile long pole.. and that is all i will say.

Battle Droid
10-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Boxed pics!:D

Old Fossil
10-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Wow. Nice! Wonder what the darker Ewok's name is?

Blue2th
10-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Probably not going to be buying this one, just for the logs, which would be the only thing I don't have already, other than minute variations.

I would rather have an Ewok Villiage, or an "all doors open fried R2" like Beast said.

El Chuxter
10-12-2007, 12:46 PM
God dern it, they had to throw an Ewok in there! :mad:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-12-2007, 12:48 PM
That Wicket (as he's called on the box's back) still looks like a turd; I wish they'd just made it a generic Ewok as his color is completely off. The Ewoks actually look like the ones that helped Chewie hijack the AT-ST! Sweet.

Those logs are a weird addition but a welcome one. Two more VOTC Biker Scouts is great (so I won't have to buy as many Legends ones) as is another Stormie with junk painted on.

They're really getting their mileage out of the AT-ST, aren't they?

Kidhuman
10-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Well, I was debating on the hoth Set for the AT-ST. Lookslikethis will be the set to get it in and the figures also. I have enough snowtroopers and I love me some biker scouts.

TheRealDubya
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Finally! A log toy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H03PyhbRjSY

Kidhuman
10-12-2007, 04:26 PM
God dern it, they had to throw an Ewok in there! :mad:

There are 2 in the pack. One on the bike and one in the upper right.:whip::whip::thumbsup::ninja:

El Chuxter
10-12-2007, 04:28 PM
But one is Wicket. He doesn't count.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-12-2007, 05:17 PM
But one is Wicket. He doesn't count.
He's named Wicket, but he's completely different colors. So it can either be a totally inaccurate Wicket or an awesome new Ewok, depending on how you look at it.

El Chuxter
10-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Either way, it looks like the old sculpt inasmuch as I can tell. In other words, a sculpt I already have two or three different Ewoks in.

jedi master sal
10-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Awesome. I think I'm going to cave and get this set. Easy way to get a few army builders and another AT-ST, plus a new/revised Wicket and another Ewok!

So that's what 8 figs:
Han
Chewie
2 Scout troopers
Stormtrooper
Wicket
Dark Ewok
AT-ST driver
Plus an AT-ST and TWO Speederbikes!

If this set is $50, then that's a frickin' bargain!

I'm really licking what Hasbro is doing with these larger sets. Can't wait to see them on shelves so I can buy some!

TheRealDubya
10-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Awesome...I'm really liking what Hasbro is doing with these larger sets. Can't wait to see them on shelves so I can buy some!

Couldn't agree more Sal. Putting in vehicles and large accessories is a great move on their part. How about a Jundland Wastes with a Landspeeder, moisture evaporator and Escape Pod? Mos Eisley Encounter with bar sections, booths and a drink dispenser? Detention Hall rescue with prison block control center and cell?

Keep 'em coming Hasbro.

jedi master sal
10-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Couldn't agree more Sal. Putting in vehicles and large accessories is a great move on their part. How about a Jundland Wastes with a Landspeeder, moisture evaporator and Escape Pod? Mos Eisley Encounter with bar sections, booths and a drink dispenser? Detention Hall rescue with prison block control center and cell?

Keep 'em coming Hasbro.

Great ideas there. I'd like to see if those were made what figs would come in the sets.

bigbarada
10-13-2007, 04:35 PM
I wonder if that's just a repack of the dark-grey Ewok that came with the glider a few years ago.

jedi master sal
10-13-2007, 07:45 PM
I wonder if that's just a repack of the dark-grey Ewok that came with the glider a few years ago.

I'm cool with that. I can always repaint him for a custom Ewok.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Finally! A log toy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H03PyhbRjSY

Of course! All kids love Log!

Looks like a good set, other than I get yet another Han and Chewie.

DarkArtist
10-14-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm looking forward to this pack along with the Hoth Set. I only wish Hasbro would listen to use and give us a new sculpted AT-ST like the ones on Endor and make the cockpit big enough to fit two drivers.

Jargo
10-14-2007, 09:56 PM
it's wicket and Teebo. lay money on it.

BanthaPoodoo
10-17-2007, 11:51 AM
it's wicket and Teebo. lay money on it.

Looking at the image zoomed in a lot, the names on the back show Dochee and Wicket.

DarthQuack
10-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Looking forward to these big sets. Great way to get rid of some of the old stuff.

El Chuxter
10-17-2007, 12:26 PM
1997:
Q: Hasbro, the Endor bunker playset is awesome! Can we get some Ewoks to go with it?
A: Sure, Logray and two Wickets are on the way next year!

1998:
Q: Hasbro, Wicket and Logray sure are cool! When can we expect more?
A: Look for a brand new, never-produced Ewok coming soon! He's cream-colored and comes with a hang glider!

1998:
Q: Hasbro, uh, that third Ewok? He's just a repainted Wicket, and he's permanently attached to that globe. Can we get some more?
A: Don't get your panties in a bunch!

2000:
Q: Hasbro, it's been a few years. When can we expect more Ewoks?
A: Shut up. No one wants Ewoks. Everyone wants Gungans! Especially Jar Jar Binks. Isn't that new swimming one the bee's knees? Oh, that's right, we only released twelve of them! April Fools!!

2001:
Q: Really, we're not kidding. We want Ewoks.
A: All right. You'll get your way next year.

2002:
Q: Wow, Teebo is awesome! But why is Paploo a repaint of Wicket, and why did you have to pack him in as an overpriced exclusive with vehicles that have been released before?
A: We keep telling you that no one wants Ewoks. That's the only way stores would carry a second Ewok. Count your blessings: you've had two of the little turds in four years!

2003:
Q: Hey, it's the 20th anniversary of Return of the Jedi. Any chance that we can get some more Ewoks? Just the vintage ones, even? Please?
A: We already are celebrating the 20th anniversary with this awesome new Palpatine sculpt. This time his hood is removable. Why would you care about a bunch of teddy bears?

2004:
Q: How do I put this without sounding repetitive? We want Ewoks. You've given us only five, and three of those were the same sculpt. Can we at least get an accurate re-do on Paploo?
A: How about we do you one better and give you an accurate re-do of the 1998 glider Ewok? Then maybe in six years or so, we can re-do Paploo.

2005:
Q: Okay, it's been ten years since the line started. In that decade, we've had only six Ewoks to represent an entire army. That's fewer than the number of Clonetroopers we've had this year alone. Can you please consider giving us more Ewoks?
A: Fine. If it will shut you up, we'll give you one next year. But only one.

2006:
Q: Holy crap! This Chirpa is one of the best figures ever! Please can we have some more?
A: Thanks for asking. Maybe not this year, as it's not in the plans, but that's a great idea and we hope to get to it sometime soon.

2007:
Q: More Ewoks! We weren't even expecting them this time! Uh, who are they?
A: Warok and Romba. I mean Logray and Teek. I mean Romba and Graak. Eh, it'll be on the card next year.

2007:
Q: Looking forward to the Ewoks. Thanks for finally producing more. When can we expect more?
A: You're in luck, because another unique Ewok is coming next year! Look for Dochee to be an exclusive in a Battlepack.

2007:
Q: Holy crap! That's awesome!! What else is in this Battlepack?
A: You'll love it. An AT-ST, a Wicket re-release, a Han re-release, a Stormtrooper re-release, a Biker Scout re-release, and a whole frigging AT-ST. Best thing of all, to keep prices down, we simply repainted the old Wicket mold in black. It's always great to get more mileage out of these decade-old molds. Hey, and did we mention it's a Target exclusive? They seem to manage their exclusives best, both in terms of pricing and availability, so we know this is going to make you guys happy.

2007:
Q: I hate you.
A: Yeah, but you'll be plopping down $50 for one new Ewok and a few plastic logs.

Droid
10-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Looking at the image zoomed in a lot, the names on the back show Dochee and Wicket.

Thanks for clearing that up. I am glad they aren't putting Lumat, Warok, or Romba in this set or I might actually have bought it!

jedi master sal
10-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Chux, you've done my heart proud. You hit it in every case.

WE ARE SICK OF REPACKS HASBRO!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO RERELEASE OLD FIGURES THEN GIVE US A PRICE BREAK AT LEAST!

Oh wait, you are in a battle pack...but you make it seem like new figs for a couple of them by painting them new and getting us excited thinking we are getting new figs.

The more I think about it, the more I think I may pass on this set. Or at the laesat wait for it to clearance and pick it up on the cheap.

The Hot set has very near the same failings. I'm pretty much only getting it for the Rebel Turret. Hmm, I'll get one, then wait for those to clearance to get the other three I want. If they sell out before they clearance (unlikely), then I'll make do with the one I'll have.

I really don't mean to flip-flop on this, but I guess I'm just getting bored with reissue after reissue and repack after repack.

Heck I just got a case of Wave 6 delivered to me yesterday and I was completely UNDERWHELMED! The only fig worth anything as far as sculpt goes was the McSnowtrooper.
Lando-Sucks and both of the ones in the case I got had the eyes pointing up.
4-Lom-I can't put my finger on it, but something just seems so off with it. I prefer the old mold.
Pharl McQuarrie-hmm, okay so I'll keep the two I got, but I'm popping off the head and making a custom of it. Otherwise this could have been an easy pass.
Han/Torture rack-Figure sucks, torture rack is good for a pack-in.
What's this yet another Stormtrooper and Death Star Trooper in a case...Sorry my huge army building days are over. I'll absorb them this time (unless I can trade them off...unlikely)

Really Hasbro, please give us NEW, and by new I mean COMPLETELY new figures. Lando as smuggler was a kit-bashed repainted fig, NOT NEW! As has been pointed out, a medical frigate Luke would 1) be a main character as you so often states needs to be in a wave, and 2) a figure NEVER been made before in that outfit. Don't kitbash it either so all you end up doing is putting a robe on a piece-o-crap fig. NEW FIGURE! Sculpt, articulation, etc. NEW! COMPLETELY NEW!

We are paying a lot more for single carded figures now, so make NEW ones.

Again I'll reiterate for single carded figures it the figs are kitbashed or straight releases such as they are in the Legends line, quit raping us of our dollars. Offer them cheap on card.

Sure these large sets will offer value, but on OLD sculpts. I'll admit I was initially impressed because they looked good in the package. But even if you dress up a pig, it's still a pig.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Since it is all repacks except for the dark Ewok, which people here seem to be saying is just a lame repaint, I don't see what the problem is. Skip it. It's a chance to save some money. However, it seems to be the perfect set for a kid or a new collector. When was the last AT-ST, 2001? I'm still uncertain as to whether I will get it or not. I don't really need another Chewie, Han or Wicket, but the other Ewok, the logs and all the troops might make it worthwhile.

El Chuxter
10-17-2007, 07:10 PM
This will be the fourth release for the AT-ST since 1995, the third since 2002, and the second this year. Isn't that a wee bit excessive?

For Dochee, I'd take him even if he is a repaint. But not with all the other crap in this set.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-17-2007, 07:19 PM
This will be the fourth release for the AT-ST since 1995, the third since 2002, and the second this year. Isn't that a wee bit excessive?If you are counting the one in this set and the one in the Hoth Set that hasn't been released as numbers 3 and 4, then it isn't really excessive. There were 7 years between 1995 POTF2 and 2002 POTJ. Then nearly 6 years until these two. Were there other AT-ST's that I'm forgetting?. Certainly not excessive compared to the number of Jedi Starfighter repacks and repaints.

El Chuxter
10-17-2007, 07:53 PM
You don't think two different Battlepacks, both Target exclusives, released at about the same time, and both containing a very large vehicle, is a bit much?

Mad Slanted Powers
10-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Not really, since there was an AT-ST in both battles. Some people might not want both sets. If these are both Target exclusives, then it might be hard enough to find just one.

Kidhuman
10-17-2007, 08:36 PM
I want the Ewok set for the speeder bikes really. I dot mind the Biker Scouts, opefully they are the VTSC ones. The ewoks are cool. If you break it down like this it might not seem so bad:

AT-ST - 15- 20 dollars
2 Speeders with Scouts: 10 bucks a pop(Deluxe AOTC CLone with speeder price)

Thats 35-40 right there, You are getting another 5 figures and logsfor 10-15 bucks. Not a bad deal really.

kool-aid killer
10-18-2007, 04:24 PM
I'll pick this set up. Its a great way to bulk up the Imperial forces (troops and vehicles for them) ive got. The logs might work well with the POTF2 Endor Bunker playset ive got. And last but not least, its got some Ewoks too.

jedi master sal
10-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I want the Ewok set for the speeder bikes really. I dot mind the Biker Scouts, opefully they are the VTSC ones. The ewoks are cool. If you break it down like this it might not seem so bad:

AT-ST - 15- 20 dollars
2 Speeders with Scouts: 10 bucks a pop(Deluxe AOTC CLone with speeder price)

Thats 35-40 right there, You are getting another 5 figures and logsfor 10-15 bucks. Not a bad deal really.

KH, can I buy the repaint Ewoks from you then, perty please...

Kidhuman
10-18-2007, 06:24 PM
I am keeping them Sal. I am going to use them for filler spots.

LTBasker
10-18-2007, 11:44 PM
My interest in either AT-ST sets will be determined by if the AT-ST can stand. The POTJ AT-ST had soft plastic so it drooped unlike it's 1995 counterpart, so if these are the same as the POTJ then I'll just stick with my lone 1995 AT-ST.

jedi master sal
10-19-2007, 06:44 AM
I am keeping them Sal. I am going to use them for filler spots.

Ok, no problem. Just figured I'd ask.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-20-2007, 05:35 PM
As shown here (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/BoEewok2.jpg), Dochee uses Logray's body and Wicket's hood. While it's obviously not the best body, I think it's better than just a second straight Wicket repaint.

Also, the AT-ST Driver in both sets is the same. Pretty weak; I would've rather had another AT-AT Driver for the Hoth set instead what with the cold.

Snowtrooper
10-20-2007, 09:59 PM
If I end up getting the Hoth set, I'm going to put an AT-AT driver in the Hoth AT-ST and put this driver into my POTJ AT-ST.

jedi master sal
10-20-2007, 10:00 PM
...Also, the AT-ST Driver in both sets is the same. Pretty weak; I would've rather had another AT-AT Driver for the Hoth set instead what with the cold.

True dat. This would have been a perfect opportunity for a new AT-ST driver. Heck Hasbro could have made something up that would be passable.

Hmm, maybe I'll use a McFrosty for the driver for that set. Sort of a cross between the Snowtrooper AND the AT-AT driver, so it might work.