PDA

View Full Version : Episode 1 Vintage Desktop Wallpaper

Engineernerd
08-19-2007, 09:32 AM
I wasn't sure where else to post this. I've toyed around with this idea a couple of times, but this is the first time I completed one. I thought I'd take the idea of the old serial films that inspired Star Wars and do some desktop wallpaper. Let me know what y'all think.

TVFT Wallpaper Gallery (http://www.tvandfilmtoys.com/toypics/detail.asp?iType=29&iPic=246)

Enjoy!
Engineernerd

2-1B
08-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Pretty neat ! Well done, sir.

JediTricks
08-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Cute idea, but sadly, Hasbro doesn't hold up their end of the bargain too well. I had kinda forgotten how dated Ep 1 figures looked, that was the end of the POTF2-era sculpting and it really shows with those figures unfortunately.

Lightsabers sure look boring in B&W! :p

Engineernerd
08-19-2007, 05:03 PM
I had almost put all the color lightsaber effects in before turning it to black and white. Glad I didn't waste the time. I thought the sabers would look more like vintage stuff this way.

I'm going to have to start thinking episode 2 now. You're right about Hasbro. They seem to have neglected E1 in their new sculpting asetic. If anyone needs a resculpt, it's a E1 Anakin. I couldn't find any that just didn't look silly.

JediTricks
08-19-2007, 05:22 PM
How about doing a graphic around the saber blades? It'd fit with the style of the poster nicely. Just some sawblade or lightning outlines and some not-quite-right coloring, poifect! :D

Well, with Anakin, you have to take into consideration the source material. ;)

I don't think Maul there really brings it either though, very soft face and the paint isn't popping. Thank goodness for POTJ, or we might never have left this style.