PDA

View Full Version : Your TAC Top Ten

Old Fossil
08-20-2007, 12:13 PM
This list must of course be subject to change as more assortments trickle out. I have to include this year's neo-Vintage assortment and comic 2-packs in mine.

1. Snowtrooper
2. Bossk
3. IG-88
4. Galactic Marine
5. Death Star Trooper
6. McQuarrie Boba Fett
7. ARC Trooper (from Comic pack)
8. Villie (from Comic pack)
9. Jawa & LIN Droid
10. Biggs Darklighter (Academy outfit)

TheRealDubya
08-20-2007, 01:22 PM
1. CZ-4
2. Chewbacca McQuarrie
3. Boba Fett Animated Debut
4. Jawa & LIN Droid
5. M'iiyoom Onith (Cantina)
6. Luke Skywalker (McQuarrie)
7. Bossk Vintage
8. IG-88 Vintage
9. Obi-Wan McQuarrie
10. Biggs Darklighter (Academy Outfit)

bigbarada
08-20-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm going by personal favorites, not by who is technically the better figure:

1. Umpass Stay (but I'm a sucker for a cool Klatooinian)
2. Bossk
3. Snowtrooper
4. IG-88
5. McQuarrie Boba Fett
6. Death Star Trooper
7. McQuarrie Luke (CIV exclusive)
8. Airborne Trooper
9. Tantive IV BP Rebel Trooper
10. Ceremonial Luke

There's actually a HUGE gap between #5 and #6 on my list, so hopefully with future releases, I'll be able to fill my list with 10 figures that I am super-excited about, not five great figures and five mostly okay figures.

Battle Droid
08-20-2007, 03:54 PM
No particular order,

Super Battle Droid
Mustafar Lava Miner
Galactic Marine
Commander Neyo
Alpha
IG-88
Bossk
Hoth Han
Bespin Luke
Stormtrooper w/ removable helmet

Sinscia Fat'o
08-20-2007, 04:35 PM
1. IG-88
2. Bossok
3. Rebel Honor Guard
4. Air born Trooper
5. Luke Yavin Ceromony
6. Leia in Endor Poncho
7. Snow Trooper
8. Death Star Trooper
9. Bobba Fett Concept
10. Yoda Concept (The Obi Wan is kinda blah.)

Biggest Dissappointment
Han Solo Hoth Gear

figrin bran
08-21-2007, 02:53 AM
Bossk
IG-88
Snowtrooper
McFett
McChewie
Galactic Marine
A'sharad Hett
Dark Woman
Jawa + LIN
ARC trooper Alpha

JediTricks
08-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Here's mine, I'll also put them into my tiers of interest:
Vintage Bossk (tier 1)
Vintage IG-88 (tier 1)
McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper (tier 1)
McQuarrie Concept Fett (tier 1)
Vintage Snowtrooper (tier 2)
McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca (tier 2)
Battle Pack Stormtrooper (tier 3)
Galactic Marine (tier 3)
Comics 2-pack Infinities Darth Vader (tier 3)
Comics 2-pack Mara Jade (tier 3)Dang, I couldn't even think of a 10th figure to put on the list for a while. That doesn't speak well to the state of the line, I guess it's good at treading water but not great at actually swimming ashore.

Vintage Luke Bespin probably would have made the list at #11 but definitely as a "tier 4" which is why he wasn't a pick for #10. Death Star Trooper also was something that would have been "tier 4". Concept R2 was actually in my "tier 3" list but the boring way they did the paint kinda left him under my top 10 list.

Basic figures have just 1 representative on my list which is terrible, and it's not even a figure I love, just one that looks pretty good and is mostly satisfying.

mark2d2
08-23-2007, 11:31 PM
This year, the top spot is locked in a neck and neck two way tie.

1. CZ-4 --- Jawa & LIN Droid

3. Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear) Vintage
4. Bossk Vintage
5. IG-88 Vintage
6. M'iiyoom Onith (Cantina)
7. Princess Leia Organa (in Combat Poncho) Vintage
8. Rebel Honor Guard
9. Elis Helrot (Cantina)
10. Moisture Vaporator (Oh, wait, didn't he come with a pack-in figure?)

Tycho
08-24-2007, 04:00 AM
Perhaps I'll order these in priority later, but I do think A'Sharad Hett is about my favorite.

A'Sharad Hett
Galactic Marine
Villie
Quinlan Vos
McQuarrie Fett
Biggs Academy Uniform
Givin Elis Helrot
Animated Boba Fett
Umpass Stay
The Dark Woman

jedi master sal
08-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Wow only ten huh? There are so many to choose from and some real gems in the bunch and some great rereleases.

Okay here goes (I have 11 as I just couldn't bring myself to cut another-this is in no particular order yet):
Clone trooper (AOTC) (Legends)
IG-88 (VTAC)
Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear-VTAC)
ARC Trooper Alpha
A'sharad Hett
Airborne Trooper (order 66 and single card)
CLONE TROOPER (LIEUTENANT) (Tin set AOTC)
SCOUT TROOPER (Tin set ROTJ)
Galactic Marine
Jawa
Imperial Stormtrooper (Galactic Empire)

Surprisingly it's trooper intensive for me. I did have 21 figures initially and had to take 45 minutes to trim it down to 11.

Oh and this is as of wv3TAC, wave1Legends, for me.

Kidhuman
08-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Snowtrooper
IG-88
McFett
Leia Endor
Galactic Marine
Airborne Trooper
Alpha(Comic 2 pack)
Darth Vader(Leia Comic 2 pack)
AOTC Clone(Legends)
McStormie

10. Moisture Vaporator (Oh, wait, didn't he come with a pack-in figure?)

I was thinking the same thing before I read your post that the MV was one of the better htings.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Through wave three, the VATC and the convention exclusives, I would have to go with the following in no particular order

VTAC Bossk
VTAC Han Solo Hoth
VTAC IG-88
VTAC Leia Endor
VTAC Luke Bespin
VTAC Snowtrooper
McQuarrie Boba Fett
McQuarrie Chewbacca
McQuarrie Luke Skywalker
Death Star Trooper

I've not opened the concept Boba Fett or the concept Luke, but they look cool and they appear to have great articulation. Some of the comic packs could make this list as well, but I've yet to open any of them. Quinlan Vos, Vilmarh Grahrk, A'sharad Hett, Dark Woman & Mara Jade all seem pretty good, and with the exception of Mara, have never been done before.

Old Fossil
08-24-2007, 12:44 PM
So far, from most votes to least:

1. IG-88... 11 votes

2. Bossk... 9 votes

3. Snowtrooper
&
McQuarrie Fett... tied at 8 votes each

4. Galactic Marine... 6 votes

5. ARC Trooper Alpha
&
Jawa & LIN Droid... tied at 5 votes each

6. Death Star Trooper
&
McQuarrie Chewbacca
&
Airborne Trooper
& (surprisingly)
Endor Leia... tied at 4 votes each

7. Biggs (Academy)
&
McQuarrie Luke
&
A'Sharad Hett... tied at 3 votes each

Everything else has only 1 or 2 votes so far.

JediTricks
08-25-2007, 03:24 AM
Yeah, what the heck is with Vintage Leia Endor getting all this love all of a sudden? MISP votes or what?

Sinscia Fat'o
08-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah, what the heck is with Vintage Leia Endor getting all this love all of a sudden? MISP votes or what?

because its a cool figure. the best Leia so far.

mark2d2
08-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I think that the Leia is pretty good, too. The neck is troublesome, BUT since I only plan on keeping the cape on it doesn't irk me as much as it should, I guess.

PS -- I still stand by my view that the Moisture Vaporator was the figure and that Luke was the pack in. . . ;) Nice to see that Kidhuman sorta agrees.

Kidhuman
08-25-2007, 06:56 PM
I agree wholeheartedly on it. Luke was horrid. I actually used his head and put it on a stormtrooper. The helmet wont go on, but thats OK by me. It looks like he did after the Dionaga let him go.

bigbarada
08-25-2007, 07:21 PM

I don't get it either. Even with the poncho on, she looks completely ridiculous standing next to Endor Han and Endor Luke. Kind of like a 10 year old girl trying on her daddy's clothes.

I still think the original VOTC Leia is the best Leia made thus far, but I know not everyone likes that figure either.

figrin bran
08-25-2007, 07:28 PM
I still think the original VOTC Leia is the best Leia made thus far, but I know not everyone likes that figure either.

Even if no one else agrees, I'm with you there. VOTC ANH Leia is the best version of her.

I'm surprised at all the votes for Death Star Trooper. The shoulders really ruin it for me. When they say "ball joint shoulders" it doesn't mean they have to be completely spherical. A lot of the 25thAC GI Joe's have this problem as well.

El Chuxter
08-25-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't get it either. Even with the poncho on, she looks completely ridiculous standing next to Endor Han and Endor Luke. Kind of like a 10 year old girl trying on her daddy's clothes.

Well, Carrie is only three apples tall.

mark2d2
08-25-2007, 08:14 PM
I agree wholeheartedly on it. Luke was horrid. I actually used his head and put it on a stormtrooper. The helmet wont go on, but thats OK by me. It looks like he did after the Dionaga let him go.

Thanks for that idea. Very, interesting.

PS -- I think the VOTC version of Leia is the best, too. It's just so iconic and I like the retro feel of her especially. By far, my favorite of all the Leia's. But I do like the new Vintage release as well.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I really like the VOTC Leia as well, but she looks more like a ten year old with the face. The outfit and the articulation are great though.

With the VTAC Leia, I'm with mark2d2. As long as the neck is covered up, that is not a problem. The shallow peg hole bothers me more. She looks all right next to my Endor Luke and Han.

JediTricks
08-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Best Leia figure is POTJ Bespin Escape Leia and then POTJ deluxe Slave Leia, then apparently Hasbro stopped making Leia figures again because from what I can tell, none of those other things are supposed to be Princess Leia. :p (I actually sorta like VOTC Leia, but the face paint ruins a decent sculpt and the crappy in-package pose kills the rest).

bigbarada
08-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Best Leia figure is POTJ Bespin Escape Leia and then POTJ deluxe Slave Leia, then apparently Hasbro stopped making Leia figures again because from what I can tell, none of those other things are supposed to be Princess Leia. :p (I actually sorta like VOTC Leia, but the face paint ruins a decent sculpt and the crappy in-package pose kills the rest).

The POTJ Bespin Escape Leia was my favorite for a very long time, even though it seemed that I was the only one who liked her back in 2001. I remember reading all the complaints that she was just freakishly small, even though Carrie Fisher is freakishly small herself (see attachment).

Over time, though, I just tired of her scene specific pose and it's not the greatest Leia outfit either. I'll always be a sucker for the classic ANH outfit.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-26-2007, 11:57 PM
POTJ Bespin Leia is a good likeness and scale, but the fixed pose kind of limits it. However, if it is going to be in a fixed pose, that is probably the perfect pose for it. Put a different head on VOTC Leia and it would be near perfect.

JediTricks
08-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Over time, though, I just tired of her scene specific pose and it's not the greatest Leia outfit either. I'll always be a sucker for the classic ANH outfit.I'm a sucker for that outfit too, but VOTC doesn't deliver it to its proper extent, it does a moderately acceptable job within its limits. As for Leia Bespin, it's an amazing likeness both head and body, even the pose has it down correctly. As a figure, it does come up lacking due to its preposed nature, but it is POTJ after all. And just because VOTC Leia has universal-jointed shoulders doesn't mean she's THAT much more poseable.

TheDarthVader
08-27-2007, 03:06 PM
10 regular stormtrooper
9 votc hoth han solo
8 jawa and lin droid
7 biggs x wing pilot
6 mcquarrie chewbacca
5 votc leia
4 votc bossk
3 votc ig-88
2 mcquarrie boba fett
1 votc snowtrooper

Sinscia Fat'o
08-27-2007, 06:58 PM
I can recall when i first got the VOTC, i was amazed since she wasn'y monkey faced or wasn't a member of the Red hot chili pepers, she had cool soft goods and her arms moved! though compared to newer figures she is a little lack luster and her sculpt is a little generic, though all in all it's not a bad figure, it just needs a update thats true to the character and the actress.

POTJ General Leia was one my favorites of her as was the bespin escape, but their poses where restricting and i hate preposed figures. Though the sculpt was great on all of the POTJ Leias. I hope we see a new bespin (Gown) leia in the future, since besides the slave girl (which is a given) i gotta say thats my favorite leia without a cool figure.

Kidhuman
08-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I dunno, I kinda dig the OTC version of Bespin Leia. The VOTC one is good also.

JediTricks
08-29-2007, 04:39 PM
I don't care for the OTC Bespin Leia that much, it is more accurate than the POTF2-era PLC version, but it's got odd arms, horrible paint, and a very restricted body/costume design. It's like they had some good ideas and decided to execute them in a very pedestrian way.

PloKoon_08
08-29-2007, 05:40 PM
In no particular order, my top 10 so far (1 I am predicting to be in my top 10 ^^) is:

ARC Trooper Alpha
Super Battle Droid
IG-88
Bossk
Snowtrooper (VOTC)
A'sharad Hett
Quinilian Vos
Galactic Marine
Ep II Clone Trooper (Legends)
Dark Woman

Predicting: Roron Corobb (Ithorians rule..)

Ji'dai
08-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Of the first 26 TAC figures released thus far, I've only bought 10: no vintage, no exclusives, just basic figures. So I'll list those ten :D

1. McQuarrie Boba Fett - A tad loose and a little fragile around the waist with the stomach laser deployed, but still a very nice looking figure. Bought two in order to display both helmets.
2. McQuarrie Chewbacca - Size matters with this gargantuan goblin; nice detail work on the clothing and the monster blaster make this fig stand out on the shelf.
3. Elis Helrot - Love the skull-like visage. The cantina accessories really help balance Hasbro's ridiculously inflated prices for figures in this scale.
4. Umpass-stay - Very impressive-looking figure both in and out of the package. Although knee articulation would've been nice, lots of detail work in the sculpt and colorful outfit make this one to get. The included accessories help make paying the $7 a little easier to take.
5. Academy Biggs - I like the outfit and likeness on this one. Would've been much better value had Hasbro included a moisture vaporator.
6. Jawa & LIN Droid - Nice to see a new Jawa sculpt, don't mind the different colored robes at all. The LIN droid is cool. I'm tired of astromechs and protocol droids, so other types of droids are always welcome.
7. M'iiyoom Onith - Always nice to see more cantina patrons and the included cantina section really adds value.
8. Rebel Honor Guard - Pretty straightforward sculpt, but I'll always take new stuff over repacks, repaints, and resculpts.
9. McQuarrie Stormtrooper - Got three of the original back in '03 so I had planned on passing on this repaint. However, it grew on me and I picked one up.
10. Animated Boba Fett - Disappointed in this one. I was really hoping for a true cartoon Fett, not this repaint.

If comic packs are included, I'd add A'Sharad Hett and Dark Woman to the list, followed by Infinities Vader.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-03-2007, 12:51 PM
1. IG-88 (Still one of the best figures i've ever bought from star wars.)

2. Mara Jade (HTTE) With all the articulation, the hat, and the holster i have to say it's mara at her most iconic look.

3. Bossok, Still the best figure of him, and still one of the best this year.

4. A shard Hett, great detail, though not perfect, still a great figure for comic fans, and with the mistake caused by hasbro on his mask, im sure we'll see him again, espically with him flying off the shelves.

5. Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceromomny), i know alot of people dont like this figure, but with everything the POTF2 version was, this figure is not, and well i hated the POTF2 version, so this one is still one of the best figures we've gotten.

6. Vader (Infinties) I love this figure, and its one of the best vader figures i've ever seen. If the cape and dressing would have been Soft goods, then this figure would have been damn near the top of the list.

7. Leia in Endor Poncho, i still love this figurei know most people are mixed on this, but i still feel its one if not the best versions of leia we've ever gotten.

8. Snow Trooper, I love this figure, if it wasn't ten-twelve bucks a pop, i would have bought more of them, but right now one wil have to do until the bring them back on basic cards or battle packs, which they always do.

9. Concept Fett, i love the look, and the features. And its Fett. Still havent opened this one, and won't because of the whole chase aspect.

10. Dark Woman, i livened my version up with actual robes like she wore in the comics, which wasn't hard, since i had it worked out long before i even found her...(AKA i started working on the robes when i heard they were bringing her out), i love the detail in the saber, and the sculpt, the lack of SA doesn't really bother me, because she has enough to justify, and she's just one of those characters that dont need to be SA.

I've changed my list around a little to bring in figures i've gotten lately, if saga legends was on the list, then Fett from that would be on it.