PDA

View Full Version : My new ESB wallpaper design

JediTricks
08-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Nearly 2 weeks later, I've finally finished my ESB effort. It was a total beast to put together, I started with the wrong work premise and it slowed things up badly (I watched the movie and pulled stills, over 600 of them at the end, then I had to sort through them to find the ones I wanted to use). That shot of Yoda wasn't even among my screencaps, somehow I missed grabbing it and my friend Rick had to remind me of the shot so I could go back and get it.

Here's where these wallpapers are:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=68319007&blogID=303153922
Use and enjoy with my compliments. :cool:

Also, I know a lot of you Imperial fans are scratching your heads wondering where the troopers are yet again. The truth is that when I went to scenes with troopers, there just wasn't enough of them and/or they were doing something underwhelming. The troopers of the OT seem to convey their presence through the art of cinema - motion and suggestion - but without actually being truly impressive in still shots. At most, there's 4 snowtroopers on screen at any 1 time and most of that is them being shot by the Falcon's hidden blaster. On Bespin, there's up to 7 stormies but the armor's all mismatched and they're not particularly good at lining up or pointing their weapons, I found it underwhelming. There was 1 shot of a single trooper shooting at Luke that I considered, he had a good pose and it was nice and clear, but it didn't say enough and it was such a plain setting.

I tell you what though, doing these wallpapers has given me a new appreciation for Lucas' frustrations with the OT, he looks at it with the eye of an editor and a cinematographer, and at that level once you're that close to the material it's far too easy to see its flaws - but of course, the movie is always more than the sum of its frames.

Kidhuman
08-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Very nice JT, you have a myspace account, who would have guessed?

2-1B
08-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Well done JT, but I am alarmed that there are no pics of Dengar or 2-1B. Not a one. :(

El Chuxter
08-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Where the **** is Leia? She's hot.

And I want more than that little bit of profile at the bottom. Leia is seriously hot. Accept it.

2-1B
08-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Drug addicts are not hot.

El Chuxter
08-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Leia could be totally wasted on crystal meth laced with PCP and she'd still be hot. It's the benefit of being the hot daughter of the one who brings balance to the Force.

JediTricks
08-25-2007, 03:19 AM
Very nice JT, you have a myspace account, who would have guessed?Aren't you like the 2nd MS friend I had there after Tom? :p

Well done JT, but I am alarmed that there are no pics of Dengar or 2-1B. Not a one. :(Heh heh. 2-1B actually was in a shot I was going to use for the wrong reasons, because it had meaning rather than it looked like it had meaning (Luke's hand attachment, a long shot with twobers and Leia as well), but he was in there initially.

Dengar you can't really find in the movie from the front, there's half a shot for half a second that's totally useless, Dengar gets more screentime in ROTJ than ESB if you can believe it.

Where the **** is Leia? She's hot.

And I want more than that little bit of profile at the bottom. Leia is seriously hot. Accept it.I love Leia, Leia's awesome and totally hot. I had to consciously choose NOT to include her this time because I gave her a single-shot in the ANH one. It wasn't that hard with ESB though because these outfits are TERRIBLE on her, totally unflattering, and her makeup is a little pale. There were 2 or 3 halfway decent shots of her with other people, but generally she gets the short end of the straw in ESB. Plus, I knew she'd be sexing it up in the ROTJ one... man, I hope I don't end up choking on my words there. :p Watch, it's either the unflattering "choking Jabba to death" shot or the best shots are all artifacty and screwed.

2-1B
08-25-2007, 02:50 PM
I do agree, Leia is hot.

And yes JT, I kinda CAN believe Dengar gets more screentime in ROTJ...but it does seem odd, yes. Well, that's assuming the widecreen version of the film which many of us did not have for many years, not even knowing he was in it.

I think Dengar and Bossk should have been left out of ROTJ. And Boba Fett, for that matter.

JediTricks
08-26-2007, 09:52 PM
I can accept wanting Fett in ROTJ, I just can't accept him going out like that, that was sloppy and silly and no good, even Lucas knows it now. I agree on leaving Bossk out of ROTJ, but Dengar gets so little play in ESB that I don't really mind it.

bigbarada
08-26-2007, 10:41 PM
I think the wallpaper looks great, but I gotta admit that screengrab of Lando and Boba Fett cracks me up. To me it just looks like Boba Fett stole Lando's last pudding cup.:D

JediTricks
08-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Heh heh, that may not have been quite what I was going for there, but I see what you mean. :D