PDA

View Full Version : Alien vs Predator: Requiem

DarthQuack
08-25-2007, 10:38 AM
http://media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html

HOLY HELL.....a RED bar trailer....that just blew me away......lots of violence finally.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-25-2007, 11:10 AM
http://media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html

HOLY HELL.....a RED bar trailer....that just blew me away......lots of violence finally.

So, Michelle Dessler went from CTU to fighting Aliens and Predators?!?? God, let this movie have a cameo from Jack Bauer!!!! :)

I hated the first one for two reasons:
1. PG-13!?!?? What?!?!!? I want violence, Gore, action and potty language!
2. The ending was SO AWFUL. so, if you fight with the Predator, you join their clan and become the Lil'st Predator??!?!! I was hoping that after the fight, the Predators would just kill her off cos they're PREDATORS.

If this is R, i'll check it out. After all, it can't be worse than the first one. :thumbsup:

stillakid
08-25-2007, 11:45 AM
I looks like the standard "disaster" type of movie where we see a large group of humans slowly picked off one by one by the bad guys.

Sort of Zombie movie meets

Rambo meets Alien meets

Predator meets

Evil Dead meets

David and Goliath meets

"we'll throw in more blood this time to make it look cooler, then when it all looks hopeless, the 'everyman' (or woman) will come to the rescue with a simple weapon and show how even the little guy with no technology can defeat a great enemy."

Yawn.

meh :ermm:

Can somebody PLEASE get back to writing intriguing stories?

Beast
08-25-2007, 11:59 AM
So, Michelle Dessler went from CTU to fighting Aliens and Predators?!?? God, let this movie have a cameo from Jack Bauer!!!! :)

I hated the first one for two reasons:
1. PG-13!?!?? What?!?!!? I want violence, Gore, action and potty language!
2. The ending was SO AWFUL. so, if you fight with the Predator, you join their clan and become the Lil'st Predator??!?!! I was hoping that after the fight, the Predators would just kill her off cos they're PREDATORS.

If this is R, i'll check it out. After all, it can't be worse than the first one. :thumbsup:
Frankly, I loved the first one. Sure it lacked in a few areas, but everything about it worked. And frankly, I don't really get what the problem is... Alien wasn't a gorefest or actionfest. Both it and AVP focused on atmosphere over gore.

And I also don't get the problem with the ending. That's been established in the comics, as well as in Predator 2. When Danny Glover is given the old pistol as a token of honor. But in this case, she faced the "Alien" and survived.

BountyHunterScum
08-25-2007, 12:24 PM
What is Lil'st?

JetsAndHeels
08-25-2007, 12:40 PM
I like the look of this one...hopefully it delivers.

BountyHunterScum
08-25-2007, 01:08 PM
I just watched the red bar trailer, thats some badass stuff. Blood guts and melting faces lol.

UKWildcat
08-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Hmmmm.... should definitely be entertaining. Love the red trailer. :D

Btw - I neither loved nor hated the first one.

2-1B
08-25-2007, 02:58 PM
What Yuke said about AVP - I didn't love or hate it but thought it was "Alright"

WOW does that new one look fun !!! It made me as giddy as the Rambo 4 trailer. :)
I can't imagine some of that making the ratings cut but the DVD should be nice.
This one looks better than Alien 3, 4 and AVP combined !

General_Grievous
08-25-2007, 10:53 PM
I looks like the standard "disaster" type of movie where we see a large group of humans slowly picked off one by one by the bad guys.

Sort of Zombie movie meets

Rambo meets Alien meets

Predator meets

Evil Dead meets

David and Goliath meets

"we'll throw in more blood this time to make it look cooler, then when it all looks hopeless, the 'everyman' (or woman) will come to the rescue with a simple weapon and show how even the little guy with no technology can defeat a great enemy."

Yawn.

meh :ermm:

Can somebody PLEASE get back to writing intriguing stories?

While I do agree with you about the lack of originality in Hollywood, I do admit that the prospect of Aliens vs. Predators are a good idea (even though the first movie was mediocre). I feel the same way about Terminator vs. Robocop. Anything else is just stupid. Freddy vs. Jason was terrible.

stillakid
08-26-2007, 12:42 AM
While I do agree with you about the lack of originality in Hollywood, I do admit that the prospect of Aliens vs. Predators are a good idea (even though the first movie was mediocre). I feel the same way about Terminator vs. Robocop. Anything else is just stupid. Freddy vs. Jason was terrible.

I'm not denying that the basic premise of Aliens vs. Predators is a good idea. What I'm weary of is the same basic plot rehashed over and over again. The original ALIEN was at heart a horror film. ALIENS was successful because it took the foundation of the premise and used it in an action film. Every ALIEN film since has faltered because the true ALIEN 3 should have been more akin to the concept of STARSHIP TROOPERS as we see the Alien horde overrunning the Earth. For those of you old enough to remember, that indeed was the original intention until the studio got worried that the Alien concept would only work in dark confined spaces.

So anyway, the point is, for a sequel to truly work, there has to either be a change in genre (ie. horror to action in the case of ALIEN to ALIENS, or horror to comedy in the case of EVIL DEAD to EVIL DEAD II). Or there has to be a basic continuity of story, as in the case of an episodic tale like Star Wars or the Bourne series.

But the ALIEN and PREDATOR concepts have been wasted because there is no originality in any of the new stories. ALIEN 3 was a basic rehash of II. AVP was the same movie, with more people in a slightly different setting. This new trailer implies the exact same story, only in the jungle with more gore. I mean, c'mon, how many comic book sci fi nerds are out there anyway? Enough to fill the San Diego Convention center for three days, but is that enough to justify remaking the same crappy movie over and over and over again?

TeeEye7
08-26-2007, 01:34 PM
...but is that enough to justify remaking the same crappy movie over and over and over again?

As long as there's a buck to be made, some facets of Hollywood will always find a way to milk every last dime out of an idea; as long as there's an audience fool enough to buy into it.

Hellboy
08-26-2007, 02:04 PM
This looks lightyears beyond the first AVP. Still think its funny that its getting an X-mas release though. lol

Anyone else notice that was a Predator/Alien dueling the Predator in the street?

kool-aid killer
08-26-2007, 02:59 PM
That two minute trailer saved me $7 and an hour and a half.

Predator ship crashes. Facehuggers escape. Humans search for falling object. Humans are facehugged. New Predator shows up to clean Alien mess up. Meanwhile Aliens attack humans. Predator finds Aliens and attacks them. Military arrives to fight back. Military gets smashed. Predator and PredAlien hybrid fight and probably kill each other. Ending leaves the possibility for a third film.

Aliens vs Predator, be it in comics or movies, is always just the same old turd wrapped in a different brand of toilet paper.

BountyHunterScum
08-26-2007, 04:32 PM
That two minute trailer saved me $7 and an hour and a half.

Predator ship crashes. Facehuggers escape. Humans search for falling object. Humans are facehugged. New Predator shows up to clean Alien mess up. Meanwhile Aliens attack humans. Predator finds Aliens and attacks them. Military arrives to fight back. Military gets smashed. Predator and PredAlien hybrid fight and probably kill each other. Ending leaves the possibility for a third film.

Aliens vs Predator, be it in comics or movies, is always just the same old turd wrapped in a different brand of toilet paper.

I played this same story on my PC years ago with the AvP games. It was fun making the predator howl and hearing the humans scream out of fear.

JediTricks
08-26-2007, 11:46 PM
This felt to me like nothing more than pandering to the audience, "the audience wants to see more blood and fighting? Here ya go!" - that's fine for a video game, but a movie should be more or it'll have no lasting impact.

Blue2th
08-27-2007, 12:28 AM
I liked the trailer. It's gory. Maybe the story is predictable. I'm gonna go see it yeah. I loved the first AVP and the whole "the aliens have been on Earth all this time" story.
We knew eventually the Aliens had to come to Earth and fight the general public and the military. It might as well be now.
I thought that would be the next "Aliens" movie with Ripley fighting some escaped ones on Earth right after "Resurrection"
I could see that this is an easier movie to do because they don't have to make it in the Aliens future of Ripley's time.
Plus we get the Predators too. I'm all over this one. It's possibly going to be a great R rated popcorn movie.

BountyHunterScum
08-27-2007, 12:29 PM
The melting face was unrealistic though, no blood at all.

Beast
08-28-2007, 07:36 PM
The Neca figure line for the movie is looking good so far.

http://www.necaonline.com/images/articleimg/image/666/blowup/Avp2Alien.jpg

http://www.necaonline.com/article/detail/138

Tankman from Neca even said that Tom Woodruff heaped praise on the sculpt. :)

DarthQuack
10-26-2007, 11:44 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2007-10-25-aliens-predator_N.htm

New pics of the Predalien....kinda cool.

Tycho
11-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Oh. Michael Bay should make this movie. One of the Predators could break into a car and use it in a chase with a slow-motion jump and roll-over scene!

And a Predator could learn fluent Eubonics and talk like Ice Cube, too.

Tycho
12-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Well I saw a TV commercial for this and it looks really great.

There will be things killing other things. That alone is a great plot!

Best yet: they are all very creepy things.

I can't wait to go and see this!

DarthQuack
12-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Well I saw a TV commercial for this and it looks really great.

There will be things killing other things. That alone is a great plot!

Best yet: they are all very creepy things.

I can't wait to go and see this!

Also best yet....Rated R.... :yes:

preacher
12-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Typical outbreak type movie. Disappointing. Filled with cliche'. Kind of cool to see the Predator's home world, new gadgets and weapons included with the Predator's arsenal. The "cleaner" aspect added another dimension to the Predator species. Fights were too short. The movie was too dark to see what the hell was going on. And there were too many human characters to establish even the slightest bit of interest much less sympathy in their situation. Save your money. Watch it on cable.

scruffziller
12-30-2007, 08:42 PM
What I liked about it was that they set up the clichés and then pulled out the rug from under you. In which people that would have survived by the rules of the clichés, don't. It was a bit watered down but it was a really cool movie overall and light years from the turd that was the first installment.
Fight scenes were shorter than desired and it was a bit too dark to see things too but watching it on a DLP digital projector really helped.

Jaff
12-31-2007, 11:30 PM
This film was an embarrasment to the Alien saga. I'm a huge alien fan too. It's second only to Star Wars. It has no intelligence and was nothing more than a B movie. The fight seens are terrible, and like it was also said, it's too dark. The maternity ward was just in there for shock value because they didn't have taste, and what was worse is during the middle of a fight scene an alien just stands there while a predator slowly takes off his mask. I'm still angry about this film.

DarthQuack
01-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Just got back from seeing it, I enjoyed it. Did I think it was the best movie ever? Of course not. But I'll take what they give us, I'm glad we've gotten 2 of these movies when some of us have dreamed of it forever. The humans were all people that could have just died to me. I was rooting for the Predator as I always seem to do in the last couple movies. Some of the deaths were pretty cool, and some were a little creepy, like when the Predalien was in the hospital with the preggo lady....But I enjoyed it, and I guess my question is does it leave it open for a sequel at all? Any thoughts?

bigbarada
04-17-2008, 01:55 PM
I just rented this movie on DVD and am in the process of watching it right now. Which says a lot, it's so boring that I feel the need to surf the internet to pass the time until something interesting happens. So far it's just a bunch of random people getting facehugged or ripped apart by Predators or ripped apart by Aliens, then that person's body gets discovered, then the next person gets facehugged or ripped apart by Predators..... etc. Nothing tying any of these storylines together, no plot, just a bunch of random, overly gory, incredibly boring death scenes of unsuspecting people.

Also, I agree with preacher, the movie is just too dark and has too many pitch black shadows to see what's going on. I lost interest about five minutes into the movie.

I guess I should get back to watching it, it might have some redeemable qualities near the end. The Army girl's husband just got eaten and the Predator killed and alien and dissolved his body in a swimming pool..... yawn.:tired:

DarthQuack
04-17-2008, 08:47 PM
I picked up the DVD today, I liked it much more on my TV, wasn't as dark as I remember it in the theater......lots of gore is fun :P

Tycho
04-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Without having even seen it, I'd been planning to buy it - mainly because I have all the other A & P films.

But is there a point to this story?

DarthQuack
04-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Well the story is how it is for every other movie, try to contain the menace and die in the process!

Tycho
04-18-2008, 12:02 AM
You know, I spent like 16 months writing up the perfect novel (which would make an awesome and epic movie) and (we'll see) I've heard it is so hard to get read, reviewed, selected, and published.

How does trash like this make it?

Believe it or not, I have plenty of opportunities for gore in my story. Major sex and violence, too. But I spent almost all my time crafting PLOT and checking and re-checking that everything makes sense.

I should have just introduced my characters and had monsters come out of nowhere and eat them?

I guess so. :mad:

Phantom-like Menace
04-18-2008, 12:17 AM
I disliked both AVP movies. I disliked the first one slightly less. The first one suffered from having too little Predator and too little Alien. This latest movie suffers from having way too little Predator, and what little I saw made me feel like I was watching CSI: Predator.

OC47150
05-06-2008, 07:41 PM
I saw this movie in the theatre and again at home a few weeks ago.

A friend made an interesting comment, which I hadn't thought about: this was a horror movie, not sci-fi. AvPR was made along the same lines as the first Alien movie.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, moreso than the first one. I just wish it were a little longer.

UKWildcat
05-06-2008, 08:05 PM
I liked the first one more than the second. I couldn't even see what was going on most of the time in Requiem.

DarthQuack
02-05-2009, 06:38 AM
You just need your special really dark screen glasses :)