PDA

View Full Version : XP Help

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Some things got uninstalled in my Add/Remove in the Control Panel and now all the icons, windows, and everything are in a larger, crappier scale. It's like it's for someone with poor eyesight. What do I have to do to get it back to normal?

Kidhuman
08-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Click on the desktop and select properties and resize from there.

There is also a magnifying glass option on it, dont know how to get it, but that is more than likely it

If all else fails, re-install it

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I tried changing it in properties but it didnt help. Im not sure where my instalation disk is..........this is bah....

Val Da Car
08-27-2007, 11:44 PM
Also under "Properties" is the "Appearance" tab.

Check to see if the Font size says "normal" "Large" or "Extra Large"

Dar' Argol
08-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Sounds like to me you may have removed your video card software . . maybe. try right clicking on your desktop, selecting properties, then Settings and adjust your screen resolution. Probably its set around 600x400 or something which is making everything look large.

CaptainSolo1138
08-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Perhaps something more critical was removed and his system restarted in safe mode?

JediTricks
08-30-2007, 02:45 AM
It'd say "Safe Mode" in the corners, wouldn't it? I like DA's idea that it's in 640x480 mode because a video driver got wiped out.

Check the display properties, under the settings tab, for the "screen resolution", if it's 800x600 or lower, try sliding it up higher, 1024x768 is pretty classic these days.

Dar' Argol
08-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Maybe the icons are finally tired of being so small that they are uprising and taking over the desktop . . . . its a revolution!!

I would think you would know you are in Safe Mode since its pops a window up and it screams it in all corners. The resolution thing is the only way that I can think of that would cause what you are describing. Give us an update of what's happening . . . . or maybe the icons have completely taken over :shocked:

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Yeah I tried all that, I think I erased something I shouldnt have. But it did some update and were all good now. I was my fiances computer anyways....:cross-eye