PDA

View Full Version : Slave I rerelease

Old Fossil
08-30-2007, 07:07 AM
There are at least two releases of Boba Fett figures coming up... in Legends, and in the "Fett" Evolutions set (not counting the animated and concept figures out already). This leads me to believe that a holiday 2007 rerelease of the OTC Slave I for the TAC is not out of the question. I really wish they would, even if it has to be a store exclusive, since I never saw the Target exclusive on shelves and can't pay secondary market prices. I imagine it would retail for $39.99, though $29.99 would be more appropriate.:love:

TheRealDubya
08-30-2007, 10:21 AM
I'd buy that for sure.

JON9000
08-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Cool, but not enough to upgrade my Shadows of the Empire Slave I!

Sinscia Fat'o
08-30-2007, 11:36 AM
id like to see a new sculpt of this item, but if it's the orginal in a new box, with a new figure then i pass.

TheRealDubya
08-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Having missed the previous modern releases (and knowing what they could do paint application-wise now) I would appreciate the release. It would look great in the TAC packaging as well. And I have to imagine it could be a strong seller with kids and collectors alike. That is one of the best existing vehicle sculpts and is supremely iconic as well. I think we have a total of 5 Boba's out or coming out in the next 12 months, so Christmas '07 or Spring '08 would be a fine time to put it out.

Who would make good pack-ins? The Saga 2006 Han in Carbonite and a VTOC ROTJ styled Boba, perhaps?

jedi master sal
08-30-2007, 04:51 PM
No offense to the rest of you that want this, but I've had enough of Slave I. I've bought all the releases up til now. No reason for me to buy another, especially if it's just a rehash, figures included or not. Because the figures are going to be the same characters we've had before.

At least in the case of the Y-wing, there were truly two never before released characters/figures.

The only figure I can see added as a pack-in that might draw people in that are apprehensive to buying it again is another Bespin Security guard, but with better articulation and of a different race. IIRC, the one who put the Caronite block in was white. It would be a given that Boba would be included and the Caronite block as well.

Still one figure is not enough to make me want to buy the whole set again.

DarkArtist
08-30-2007, 05:36 PM
id like to see a new sculpt of this item, but if it's the orginal in a new box, with a new figure then i pass.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I would love to see Hasbro re-invent the Slave 1 with a bigger scaled version and more features. I have the AOTC version as well as the orignal version from Kenner but never paid into buying the repaints.

If Hasbro does decide to repack this vehicle, then unless they give us a really awesome Fett and a really cheap price ie $19.99 or less then I will have to pass again.

Mando3lite
08-30-2007, 05:47 PM
id buy it on the condition it came with the evolutions boba.
it seems since i saw no boba cuts it these days. lol

2-1B
08-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Not until 2010 for the 30th anniversary.

Kidhuman
08-30-2007, 11:04 PM
I would actually buy this since I dont have a modern Slave1, just Jangos from AOTC. I never saw the Target exclusive from a few years back.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-31-2007, 12:07 AM
I have the OTC version and Jango's version, so I think I can pass on something like this.

TheRealDubya
08-31-2007, 10:35 AM
If I saw an OTC or POTF2 one for a good price $30-$35 in person, I'd get one. The shipping some of the guys on ebay are charging is pretty rough. Maybe I'll just keep an eye out at the next Con I go to.

Dark Marble
08-31-2007, 10:40 AM
I think I can wait for a new slave I. I have Jango's and the Boba's Target Exclusive version and I am trying to get rid of my POTF2 version. Still I would guess it will come around again soon. It is a small recognizable ship that will sell.

DarkJedi5
09-11-2007, 12:50 AM
I've got my Slave I from Shadows but I gotta say that the pictures I've seen from the Saga one looks pretty sharp. It could probably use a slight retooling even further, it still looks a little off scale.

AmanaMatt
09-15-2007, 06:23 PM
The Saga one is sweet....that is pretty close enough. If they do another, they will just probably just re-release that one....