PDA

View Full Version : The Great Clone Hunt 3

jedi master sal
08-31-2007, 07:22 AM
Hi folks, as you all know I'm an army builder. While I'm planning on being on the downswing of collecting next year, there are still 3 army builders that I want to buld up.

For this "Clone Hunt" as I'm now calling them, I'm after the "Legends" Grey Commander.

BTW, there is a variant of this figure. THe regular version comes with the clone rifle, the variant with of all things the Sandtrooper rifle. Here's a link to show this:
http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/8-07/legends_clonecommvariant.jpg

Now while I'd rather have the regular rifle version, I'll take either one. I'm looking to build up about 30-40 of this figure, so any help would be much appreciated.

(The other two clones I'm build are the SA 501st due out any minute, and next year's corrected Kashyyyk Clone. Both to be built up to 40 figs each.)

PM me if you can help. If my PM box is full, please e-mail me at jedisalpitt2002@yahoo.com.

Thanks again fellas, you've always been a great help in the past.

Oh, should any mod wish to move this thread to another location, please leave a redirect here as this section gets a lot of traffic and I'll need that for this cause.

-Sal

Kidhuman
08-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I moved it Sal. I will keep an eye open after I get mine of course.

figrin bran
08-31-2007, 07:08 PM
Sal, you can count on me to help out! Saga Legends are all we get out here seemingly! If the Legends 501st were all SA's, I could've bought at least 8 by now.

jedi master sal
09-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I moved it Sal. I will keep an eye open after I get mine of course.

Thanks KH. No worries about moving the thread.

Sal, you can count on me to help out! Saga Legends are all we get out here seemingly! If the Legends 501st were all SA's, I could've bought at least 8 by now.

I here ya bro. I've passed on a half dozen 501st due to the gunner mold. Heck I'd have settled for the #6 mold (without the action feature). I just can't get excited about that gunner mold any more.

jedi master sal
10-19-2007, 05:30 AM
Well I've ended this hunt early. I'm NOT a fan of battle damage on figures. Battle daamage should NOT be uniform and if I really build up this figure as I had planned, then I'd end up with 40 figs with the same battle damage and that just doesn't happen in real life. I've only really built up one trooper with the same battle damage and that was the Utapau trooper. I swore it off after that.

So I'm stopping at 12. Now had the battle damage not been in the grey area and I could have feasibly removed it without damaging the grey paint I would have bought more. Since this wasn't the case either, I've cut the hunt short.

So now I need a small bit of help with the blue clone officer. I only need 6 of them.

Thanks to figran bran for help in the grey commander clone hunt.

-Sal