PDA

View Full Version : All cloned out!

Old Fossil
08-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Last night I changed one of my display shelves up. I took down the Ep.III clones/commanders/Jedi display to make room for the TAC Y-Wing. In the middle of it, I realized that the change leaves 0 out of 8 shelves for Prequel toys... meaning, of course, none for my small legions of Clones. They're now entombed in storage containers.

It is so easy for me to pass on Clones hanging on the pegs now. I know my nearest WM has several each of the Ep.III Clone grunt, Shocktrooper, Galactic Marine, and Airborne troopers, but they don't seem to be moving very fast. I haven't bought one since around May, I think. With the Galactic Marine, I got the last Clone type I absolutely had to have... and now the magic's gone. They just don't have the appeal of OT toys. Maybe it's a generational thing, I dunno. But I do know that if I never see another Prequel trilogy Clone on the shelves, I won't mind one bit.

Sinscia Fat'o
08-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Well i finished alot the clones i wanted today, and through the past few weeks, though there are a still few i wouldn't mind getting, such as Mace's troops, Aayla's troops, and shadow troops but other than that...im pretty good now on them. Though they're not going any where, one of those things that collectors are just going to have to find a way to deal with...

PS, tore down my Episode 2 display to make room for my Y-Wing to.

jedi master sal
08-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Believe it or not, I'm not much for clones now. I've only got three more I want to build up in any great numbers, then I'm scaling Army building way back.

I'm only looking to build:
Grey Coruscant Commander X30-40
SA 501st trooper X40
Corrected Kashyyyk trooper (next year) X40

Other than these, I'll look to only get a squad of 5 of each army builder as I like them.

Basically every army of clone that was in the movie has been done, so I fine no need to build up more (than the three I mentioned).

The only one I'd build up more of is the Target clone if it makes the fan favorites for the last wave of Legends. In that case, I'll look to get 20.

El Chuxter
08-31-2007, 02:42 PM
"All Cloned Out"? Wasn't that a song by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam?

Snowtrooper
08-31-2007, 04:09 PM
I haven't reached the cloned out stage yet, but I am getting to where I don't feel the need to buy huge numbers of each type of clone like I used to.(the GM was the last one I did that with). It is getting easier to leave them on the pegs. The upcoming Kashyykk trooper is the only one in the future that I might get a large number of.

jedi master sal
08-31-2007, 11:23 PM
I haven't reached the cloned out stage yet, but I am getting to where I don't feel the need to buy huge numbers of each type of clone like I used to.(the GM was the last one I did that with). It is getting easier to leave them on the pegs. The upcoming Kashyykk trooper is the only one in the future that I might get a large number of.

This is actually where I'm at.

I'll continue to buy troops. Just not in large numbers. I'm leaning towards buying them in squads now (5 figures), instead of companies (40) or small legions (100).

Again, I refer to the 3 I mentioned.

Now that it's for sure the Target clone isn't happening, I have one less to build. Though....were I to see a Neyo without the shoulder armor, I might consider building that one up as a generic trooper. Thing with that though is that I'd have to cut the armor off, and I'm a little loathe to doing that as it will permanantly change the figure. If the armor was removable and the figure came with a generic belt, the same as th Grey Coruscant commander, then it would be a go for me to build to a small company of 20.

Ji'dai
08-31-2007, 11:41 PM
I haven't bought any Clones since the ROTS line. I'm getting ready to thin out my prequel figures I have on display too. I'll pick out the best examples of the main characters I like, keep most aliens and droids, and condense the PT stuff down to one or two shelves. Clones, Gungans, battle droids, Neimoidians, and Jedi are all going into storage.

I'm going to focus more on the OT, expanding my Endor and Hoth displays, as well as the shelves devoted to the Cantina and Jabba's Palace. Back in 1983, or even 1995 for that matter, I never would have thought I'd have so many Jabba's Palace and Cantina aliens that I wouldn't have room to display 'em all. Great problem to have.

I like EU stuff too, so with all the new cartoon, print, and video game figures we're getting this year, I plan to give each category their own shelf.

Luuuuuuke
09-01-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm not quite cloned out yet. I won't buy regular white clones (I'm such a racist), but I'll still buy a few specialized clones, and I'm still a sucker for clones with different color schemes. But I'm not really army building individual clones anymore. I'm like 6 and done. Some I'll just get 2 or 3 of. Right now I look at the remaining clones as a garnish on my larger clone collection.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-01-2007, 01:27 PM
I'll still get a few more here and there, like any new ones they put out. I have six of the SA AOTC one, so I think I'm good right now on those. I guess I don't feel the urge to army build as much, but I still want a few more "new" ones (Coruscant Fordo, the upcoming ones, etc.).

jedi master sal
09-02-2007, 12:01 AM
The white galactic marine (with the Commander Keller 2-pack) is going to be a pain to build. I don't need extra Kellers. Hopefully I can trade those extras off. I just want a squad or two of Keller's grunts.

Bacta Beast
09-02-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm not cloned out yet but I can definately understand why every else is. I certainly haven't been buying as many as I would if they weren't so expensive. I have passed on things on the shelf that I wouldn't have 3 or 4 years ago.
I'm definately all "exclusived" out though!!! I'm really getting sick of having to buy stuff online.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-02-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm not cloned out yet but I can definately understand why every else is. I certainly haven't been buying as many as I would if they weren't so expensive. I have passed on things on the shelf that I wouldn't have 3 or 4 years ago.
I'm definately all "exclusived" out though!!! I'm really getting sick of having to buy stuff online.

And whats funny most of the decent clones are all exclusives! So you must be twice as sick as normal. But seriously, my only problem with the clones is all the cool ones you gotta pay anywheres from 15-20 bucks a pop for, thats not cool.

Though it could be worse, and have to order everything online because no where in your area will get basic TAC, i've had to get 2,4, and 5 off line, and pre prdered no doubt. Bad time to be a star wars collector.

neocrasher
09-05-2007, 03:43 AM
bah, never enough clones.

bigbarada
09-06-2007, 03:19 AM
I'm definitely sick of the clonetroopers rotting on pegs at my local Wal-Mart. I think kids are smart enough to realize that Hasbro's just releasing the same figure over and over again with a different paint job.

El Chuxter
09-06-2007, 10:38 AM
It certainly didn't help that we've had as many 'made-up' Clonetroopers as 'real' ones.