PDA

View Full Version : 2007-08 College Football Thread

DarthQuack
09-01-2007, 09:51 PM
#5 Michigan lost to a D1-AA school. (Awesome by the way :P)
Notre Dame looked horrible losing 33-3.
I hate USC.

Feel free to add your own thoughts on this season.

jjreason
09-01-2007, 11:50 PM
My thoughts on the season are this: it's over.

That Michigan loss was NOT awesome from my perspective. :upset:

2-1B
09-02-2007, 04:17 AM
Ann Arbor is a w***e !!!! :D

Hopefully the Suckeyes will tumble somewhere as well.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-02-2007, 10:51 AM
This weekend, I couldn't lose: OSU played in-state rival and former employer of Jim Tressel YSU, so whomever won would be fine by me (although it's just not possible for a ranked whatever-the-heck-they're-calling-the-former-IA-level team to lose to a whatever-the-heck-they're-calling-the-former-IAA-level team anyway... oh, right I guess it is :yes: ).

And Pitt won.

My alma mater Chaffey Community College won by 3 TDs, too. The other college from which I graduated has no football program, so they didn't lose either. I'd call this a win-win-win-win-win opening weekend.

jjreason
09-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Ann Arbor is a w***e !!!! :D

Well..... I never. :eek:

This just goes right back to my age-old argument: DO NOT schedule games against non-DIV1 teams. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN, AND EVERYTHING TO LOSE. Case in point.

Even if Michigan runs the table, smokes Ohio State by 40 pts and everyone else loses to a ranked team..... we still can't be #1. No way, never, not gonna happen. Now I get to sit through a whole entire college football season with the feeling that every game is meaningless. Whoopee. :rolleyes:

kool-aid killer
09-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Nebraska did well yesterday, beating Nevada by a score of 52-10. At one point, Nevada was leading by three but it didnt last long as the Huksers depth and skill soon overwhelmed them. Tough loss for the wolfpack, but i think they can bounce back from it and have a productive season. After hearing of Michigans loss yesterday, i knew whatever happend in the real champs of 97s game couldnt possible be as bad as that.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Even if Michigan runs the table, smokes Ohio State by 40 pts and everyone else loses to a ranked team..... we still can't be #1. No way, never, not gonna happen. Now I get to sit through a whole entire college football season with the feeling that every game is meaningless. Whoopee. :rolleyes:Well, UM will probably play mad the rest of the year. If your predcitions all come true, jjr, I do think they'd be #1, because the BCS rankings are all that matter once bowl season starts, and they'd probably be either 1 or 2.

Of course, nothing of the sort shall come to pass. :lipsrsealed:

So, what do you all think of freezing the preseason polls until every team's played at least 2 or 3 games?

kool-aid killer
09-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Wont happen, there would be organizations that would attempt to come up with standings prior to the 2 or 3 game limit. Its inevitable in a day where high school players have stars put to alongside their name.

InsaneJediGirl
09-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Well, FSU lost in the Bowden Bowl last night. Not suprising, Weatherford cant throw to save his life and the young defense can only do so much. I thought Jimbo Fisher would have done something to improve the offense more, but its looking worse than last season.

Hopefully, we still beat Miami and UF, but I'm doubting it.

mtriv73
09-04-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm worried about my Hokies this year. It looks like the offensive line didn't improve a bit in the offseason. I fully expect them to get creamed by LSU this weekend unless Beamer pulls off a miracle in practice this week. Hopefully it will at least be low scoring. I'm not ready to give up on Sean Glennon yet since he's getting hurried and hit without really having a chance to make plays. I'm also seriously dissapointed in the lack of production in the running game (which is really easy for me to say sitting in front of a computer or sitting on my rear end watching the game.)

Of course no matter what happens, college football season is still the best time of the year!

jjreason
09-04-2007, 09:01 PM
It would be amazing if they could pull off the upset - but LSU is a bona fide college football power these days... so don't get too upset if it doesn't come to pass. I foresee at least one "big" win for VT this year, to bring everyone's spirits back up where they need to be.... maybe it'll be this weekend. :thumbsup:

jamesbondo07
09-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Nebraska actually looks better then last year and the freshman kicker was a nice surpise. He had all 6 of is kickoffs go out of the endzone and one even went through the uprights. Thats impressive being they backed up the ball 5 yards this year.

UKWildcat
09-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm worried about my Hokies this year. It looks like the offensive line didn't improve a bit in the offseason. I fully expect them to get creamed by LSU this weekend unless Beamer pulls off a miracle in practice this week. Hopefully it will at least be low scoring. I'm not ready to give up on Sean Glennon yet since he's getting hurried and hit without really having a chance to make plays. I'm also seriously dissapointed in the lack of production in the running game (which is really easy for me to say sitting in front of a computer or sitting on my rear end watching the game.)

Of course no matter what happens, college football season is still the best time of the year!

Yeah, I'm worried too. Offensive line is in shambles. I gave up on Glennon last year, and was hoping for Tyrod Taylor to start this year. Brandon Ore is an awesome running back and can definitely produce (as he proved last year), so the lack of production goes back to the O line the way I see it. The LSU game will be something else and should definitely show us (The Hokies) what we're made of... :nerv:

2-1B
09-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Even if Michigan runs the table, smokes Ohio State by 40 pts and everyone else loses to a ranked team..... we still can't be #1. No way, never, not gonna happen. Now I get to sit through a whole entire college football season with the feeling that every game is meaningless. Whoopee. :rolleyes:

Well...now you don't have to worry about possibly running the table after last week, JR. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Well, the OSU-Wash game leaves a couple options: a) Washington is a bit over-rated, b) each team had a lucky/unlucky game, or c) Ohio State is a really good team again. With the Big 10/11 a bit down this year overall, that could spell B-C-S bowl game for the Buckeyes once more.

Pitt's QB looked bad, scared at times, and rattled. Not a good sign. :( Those RB-as-QB formations worked well, but please don't kill the freshman back, Dave (he was great, but few others stepped up).

YSU wins easily. :yes:

Chaffey College falls in OT. :(

Other programs: Notre Dame is really bad. :duh: USC and LSU look really good. :dittoduh: Thanks for the help Kentucky, Iowa State, and Utah; and thanks for the almost-help Central Florida and Citadel. :thumbsup:

jjreason
09-16-2007, 09:21 AM
Well, Michigan finally got a tick in the win column - but beating Notre Dame this seasons seems about as meaningful as beating a Div IAA team (which we failed to do in week 1, in case anyone forgot). At least Mike Hart is worth rooting for, and the rookie QB Mallet had a pretty big game as well. Conference games start next weekend.....

Kidhuman
09-16-2007, 09:31 AM
seems about as meaningful as beating a Div IAA team (which we failed to do in week 1, in case anyone forgot).

I dont think anyone will be forgetting that anytime soon

UKWildcat
09-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Anyone else check out the Kentucky Louisville game last night? That was a fantastic game, one of the better games that I have seen in a while. Oh yeah, and my team won! :D :thumbsup:

2-1B
09-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Is Lou Holtz speaking English or some other language ? :confused:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-23-2007, 11:08 AM
It's "Engissshhhh," to him, but maybe he's using a H-Old-tz English dictionary.

UConn? UCONN?!? How does Pitt lose to UConn, at home, by 20? That should only happen in basketball (but THAT shouldn't occur, either). This looks really bad early.

There were some blowouts this weekend: Ohio St., Oklahoma, Texas, USC, etc. as the matchups were unbalanced. But then, Ball St. and Syracuse, which should've been patsies, made things interesting. The Big Ten/Eleven is shaping up nicely for OSU if they can do what they need to do, as others are beating up each other.

Wins for YSU and Chaffey, too.

UConn?!? :confused: :mad:

jjreason
09-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Well, Ann Arbor has a pulse again. Hopefully that win will get us back into the rankings (I see at least 2 top 25 teams lost, potentially freeing up a spot).

Bel-Cam Jos
09-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Wow, talk about a whacked weekend. ... Okay, I shall. :D

Five of the top ten lose, plus others in the 25 poll. Ohio State could get the 4th slot; could've been maybe even #3 if Oregon hadn't fumbled the ball on the goal line. Who'd have guessed the top teams in the Big Ten/Eleven would include Illinois, Purdue, Michigan after Appy State? Should we all just pack it in and say it's USC and LSU for the title, oh knowledgeable sportscasters? :o

Pitt. 'Nuff said. :upset: Maybe losing earlier to UConn isn't so bad, as they're a 5-0 team now.

Youngstown St. wins easily, but Chaffey College gets drubbed.

jjreason
09-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Holy upsets! Way to go KSU and Colorado - gotta love the unranked whalloping big guns like these two did. Auburn as well, for that matter. :thumbsup:

Michigan won again (against Northwestern, which I guess shouldn't really matter at this point in the season but does now), and I would fully expect them to be a ranked team again later this afternoon.

2-1B
09-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Should we all just pack it in and say it's USC and LSU for the title, oh knowledgeable sportscasters? :o

Pretty much !

kool-aid killer
09-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Holy upsets! Way to go KSU and Colorado - gotta love the unranked whalloping big guns like these two did. Auburn as well, for that matter. :thumbsup:

Michigan won again (against Northwestern, which I guess shouldn't really matter at this point in the season but does now), and I would fully expect them to be a ranked team again later this afternoon.

Crazy weekend in the Big 12. Its still early in conference play, but with yesterdays results the North and South are up for grabs.

DarthQuack
10-01-2007, 01:15 AM
I was just really surprised with how far USF jumped after beating up on WV, up to 6th from 18th. But good for them, hope they can hang with the rest of the bunch up there.

Slicker
10-01-2007, 04:19 AM
I'm hopin' they nudge into the top 25 as well but I doubt they will.

Kidhuman
10-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Dude, they lost to App state. They aint sniffing the Top 25 for awhile.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Could the loss of #1 LSU help out OSU? Thanks other OSU for taking out Cal, BTW. And another OSU thumped a former powerhouse from the Midwest. Good day to be OSU I suppose. And the BCS comes up this week; it will be so awesome to see South Florida over any other Florida teams! Buckeyes and Bullls for the title? Not so crazy an idea now, eh? We'll see.

2-1B
10-14-2007, 07:15 PM
It will be good for Ohio State until they get embarrassed in the national title games again.

SUCKEYES !

UKWildcat
10-19-2007, 03:03 AM
Good game this weekend between Kentucky and Flordia. Can't wait.

figrin bran
10-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks to the Oregon Ducks for beating the Trojan$

Bel-Cam Jos
10-28-2007, 10:42 AM
There's quite a jungle in the polls and conferences now. PAC-10 has some new faces at the top (ASU, UO), SEC is almost an up-for-grabs league, Big 12 has some Jeckels and Hydes too, Big T11en will basically come down to OSU and UM if each wins out. Except for Boston College and W. Virginia, do the ACC and Big East still field teams?

My prediction for the Sugar Bowl? Hawaii vs. Kansas, 71-49. :tired:

JetsAndHeels
10-28-2007, 01:24 PM
My prediction for the toilet bowl: North Carolina vs nobody. NC still loses.

2-1B
10-28-2007, 01:39 PM
sorry bout those Wildcats, Yuke. :(

Heels - maybe UNC could play NYJ in that Toilet Bowl ? ;)

JetsAndHeels
10-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Heels - maybe UNC could play NYJ in that Toilet Bowl ? ;)

Well Carolina would definately win that one...however it wouldn't be much of a game.

I would say 2-0 Carolina wins, on a safety.

DarthQuack
10-28-2007, 09:09 PM
I really hope Hawaii wins out as well as Arizona St....the Sun Devils have a rough road ahead still having to play Oregon next week and then USC a couple weeks later.....Good season, lots of upsets and close games though.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-04-2007, 09:33 AM
My prediction for the Sugar Bowl? Hawaii vs. Kansas, 71-49. :tired:Well, Kansas almost duplicated that score against formerly-mighty Nebraska. Wow! Now, that's not a slam on UN, just that Kansas was a steamroller yesterday.

Pitt won a game. Yay. Keep it up fellas, and maybe a bowl is in the cards. This has been a rough season.

Chaffey College is also having a down year, losing once more.

Youngstown St. can hopefully get back into the rankings and then the I-still-call-it-1AA division playoffs, after their road win.

The Buckeyes are money against those 20-something ranked teams they've played (Penn St., Purdue, Washington). Next two weeks, they get middle-of-the-pack BigT11en teams, then The Rivalry Game. Make them bleed silver and red blood, guys! :thumbsup:
Speaking of them, I wonder if Michigan keeps winning (but I hope not), if some voters will keep them away from the top poll spots because of their Appy St. loss early?

DarthQuack
11-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Notre Dame laid another egg this time against Navy who they hadn't lost to in 43 years I think? How can they keep Weis around when they fired Ty Willingham. Good LSU/Alabama game.....I really hope the National Championship isn't Ohio St./LSU....That's just boring to me, I'd hope for Oregon to sneak up there perhaps, and see Hawaii win out and bust up the BCS.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Well, the run was great while it lasted. Ohio St.'s luck ran out versus Illinois today. Too many turnovers and couldn't stop them on third down. Still, OSU can get into the Rose Bowl (probably) if they beat Michigan, as the Big Te11n's BCS team.

DarthQuack
11-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Another good day of football, here's to hoping for a Kansas/Hawaii national championship!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Another good day of football, here's to hoping for a Kansas/Hawaii national championship!!!I already called it...

My prediction for the Sugar Bowl? Hawaii vs. Kansas, 71-49. :tired: Oh, and Youngstown St. snagged a victory this week.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Alright! I've got a cold, which means I'm goin' nowhere except to watch The Big Game between Ohio State and um...

Exhaust Port
11-17-2007, 03:41 PM
..Michigan sucks!!! Alright, the Michigan seniors have never won against OSU! Thank goodness we're well past the Coach Cooper era where UM owned the OSU-UM game.

jjreason
11-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Ugly, ugly, ugly. Dropped passes, horrible execution on offense and 2 very good defenses made this the un-game of the year. I don't foresee Chad Henne doing ANYTHING at the next level.... am I alone in this????

Bel-Cam Jos
11-17-2007, 06:53 PM
So, here's what has to happen:

Ohio State ends its season at 11-1.

Pitt beats West Virginia in the Backyard War, or WVU loses to UConn or UCinn
LSU loses to Arkansas, or in the SEC title game
Oklahoma loses to either Texas Tech or OK St., or in the Big XII title game
Missouri loses to Kansas, or in the Big XII title game
Kansas loses to either Iowa St. or Mizzou, or in the Big XII title game

... for OSU to have an outside shot at the BCS title game (Sugar Bowl, IIRC). But if they end up in the Rose Bowl, I might sell some blood or an organ (kidney, IIRC :p ) to go and see 'em there. :thumbsup:

kool-aid killer
11-18-2007, 03:26 PM
I was hoping Oklahoma wouldnt lose to Texas Tech last night. I can easily see them (they still have the lead in the Big 12 South division) making it to the Big 12 championship game and beating the winner of the Kansas and Missouri game, effectively killing any chance a Big 12 team has of winning the national title this year.

2-1B
11-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Another good day of football, here's to hoping for a Kansas/Hawaii national championship!!!

That would be AWESOME, I hope it happens. :grin:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-19-2007, 01:03 PM
There are two situations that I'd be content with, the first being 13-0 Kansas vs. 12-0 Hawaii. The next is a teeny tiny bit more complex (see below).

For Ohio State to end up as the #1 or #2 BCS team...

Arizona St. loses to either USC or Arizona (quite possible),
Kansas beats Missouri, then beats Texas in Big XII game, (possible, then doubtful)
Missouri loses to Kansas, (somewhat possible)
Oklahoma loses to OK St., (doubtful, unless their QB remains dazed and confused :cross-eye)
Texas beats Texas A&M, then loses to KS in Big XII game, (probable, then probably not)
LSU loses to either Arkansas or SEC East team in title game (doubtful on both)
Hawaii loses to somebody (maybe)
West Virginia loses to Pitt (hopefully...)

Easy. :pleased:

DarthQuack
11-20-2007, 04:36 PM
I just want to see Hawaii get to a BCS Bowl Game.....hopefully undefeated, which will be the only way they can get in.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-24-2007, 10:22 AM
To paraphrase TPM Anakin: "It's working! It's working! " ... "mostly..."

Arizona St. loses at least one game? Check.
LSU loses at least one game? Check.
West Virginia loses at least one game? Not yet (2 left to do so)
Missouri loses at least one game? Not yet (c'mon Kansas)
Oregon loses at least one game? Not yet (2 left)
Oklahoma loses at least one game? Not yet (2 left, c'mon OK St.)
Hawaii goes undefeated? Check.
Kansas goes undefeated? Not yet (2 left, maybe)

Even though I support OSU (not the Oklahoma or Oregon versions :rolleyes: ), I'd love to see HI v. KS in the championship game. It'd mess with the BCS's mind, man... :crazed:

DarthQuack
11-24-2007, 12:30 PM
To paraphrase TPM Anakin: "It's working! It's working! " ... "mostly..."

Arizona St. loses at least one game? Check.
LSU loses at least one game? Check.
West Virginia loses at least one game? Not yet (2 left to do so)
Missouri loses at least one game? Not yet (c'mon Kansas)
Oregon loses at least one game? Not yet (2 left)
Oklahoma loses at least one game? Not yet (2 left, c'mon OK St.)
Hawaii goes undefeated? Check.
Kansas goes undefeated? Not yet (2 left, maybe)

Even though I support OSU (not the Oklahoma or Oregon versions :rolleyes: ), I'd love to see HI v. KS in the championship game. It'd mess with the BCS's mind, man... :crazed:

You have a fabulous system going......HI still has one more game though....gotta get by Washington next week!! But if they do, Hawaii HAS to get a BCS bowl bid.....Boise St. did that last year....

Bel-Cam Jos
11-25-2007, 10:57 AM
You have a fabulous system going......HI still has one more game though....gotta get by Washington next week!! But if they do, Hawaii HAS to get a BCS bowl bid.....Boise St. did that last year....I didn't realize that until I saw their schedule roll by on the bottom-of-the-TV-screen score updates. And...

Kansas goes not undefeated? Check. :rolleyes:
West Virginia loses at least one game? Not yet (1 left to do so, c'mon Pitt :thumbsup:).
Missouri loses at least one game? Not yet (c'mon OK)
Oregon loses at least one game? Check.
Oklahoma loses at least one game? Not helpful anymore.
Hawaii goes undefeated? Not yet (but now 2 undefeated teams is gone).

Today's BCS rankings hopefully will have Ohio State #3, so a loss by either WV (probably at #2) or MO (probably #1) should be enough to move them to #2 (I think a WV loss is the best-case scenario). Other ways to help:

Virginia Tech loses to Boston Coll.
TN beats LSU.

This coming weekend will be good!

kool-aid killer
11-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Ohio State making it to the BCS championship game would be a joke.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-25-2007, 09:43 PM
As much as I'm a fan of the Buckeyes, I'm less of a fan of the BCS. But that's the system in place, so maybe Ohio St. backing into the game will get them to dump the thing. :wishfulthinking: :rolleyes:

Here's the penultimate poll (sounds like a new Lemony Snicket book):

1. UMO .978
2. WVU .971
3. OSU .919
4. UGA .827
5. UKS .792
6. VT .781
7. LSU .774
8. USC .693
9. UKO .683
10. UFL .618
11. BC .617
12. UHI .583

Check your local listings for games this weekend, then wait until Sunday for the final numbers.

Luuuuuuke
11-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Ohio State making it to the BCS championship game would be a joke.

Man, I have to agree. The Big 10 is pretty mediocre this year. Ohio State was better last year and they got skunked by a speedy Florida. The Big 10's been in a slow decline for many years though. They have been dominated by Pac 10 teams in the Rose Bowl since the 1980s. They're just not getting the athletic speed demons Pac 10 and SEC schools get. I think USC right now would be the odds on favorite to beat any other school. But you can't lose twice, let alone to Stanford, and deserve to play for the championship. I'm hoping USC finds their identity next year; this year they seemed to be hurt or in search of an identity most of the year. Missouri already lost to Oklahoma, so I bet they lose again. Chances are that leaves West Virginia and Ohio State. They're both deeply flawed teams. Personally I can think of about 5 schools I think are actually better than those teams.

UKWildcat
12-01-2007, 11:08 PM
It was great to see my Hokies get sweet revenge on BC.

Is anyone else watching this Pitt WVU game? The officiating has just been horrible. I'm never seen so many bad calls in my life. This crew seriously needs to be looked at.

Exhaust Port
12-01-2007, 11:11 PM
OSU's going to the Championship again thanks to Pitt!!! Looks like OU might be the spoiler against Missouri as well which means #2 slot will be up for grabs by a few teams.

JetsAndHeels
12-01-2007, 11:19 PM
It was great to see my Hokies get sweet revenge on BC.

At least you had one game that turned out good for you, eh? :)

UKWildcat
12-01-2007, 11:19 PM
If Virginia Tech didn't lose to BC the first time around (damn was that game painful) they'd have a real chance to play for the National Championship, almost would be a lock, especially if Missouri loses this game. :mad: The BCS is sure going to have fun trying to sort this out. :D

UKWildcat
12-01-2007, 11:21 PM
At least you had one game that turned out good for you, eh? :)

Ahhh shaddup!!! j/k I couldn't even watch that game, not only because Tech was playing at the same time, but UNC was putting a hurtin' on UK. :(

JetsAndHeels
12-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Ahhh shaddup!!! j/k I couldn't even watch that game, not only because Tech was playing at the same time, but UNC was putting a hurtin' on UK. :(

Sorry, I just had to. :)

UKWildcat
12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Its all good man. ;) I was going to post something in the 2007-08 NCAA Basketball thread, but i don't think we have one?!?

JetsAndHeels
12-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Perhaps you should make the thread!!

UKWildcat
12-01-2007, 11:31 PM
I would, but I can't start it off with bad news/after a UK loss... ;) Maybe if/when we beat Indiana, unless someone beats me to it.

DarthQuack
12-01-2007, 11:32 PM
I still think Hawaii should get a shot....the only undefeated team in football....if they win tonight anyways.....No way can you let in a 2 loss team like Georgia that didn't even win their conference!

Exhaust Port
12-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Is it too early for complaining about a lack of a 4 team playoff system? This year the BCS is more screwed up than ever which (once again) shows the importance of a playoff.

2-1B
12-01-2007, 11:51 PM
What a joke, we gotta watch the Suckeyes in another title game...oh well, at least we'll get to see them choke one away again. lol lol lol

UKWildcat
12-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Is it too early for complaining about a lack of a 4 team playoff system? This year the BCS is more screwed up than ever which (once again) shows the importance of a playoff.

Not at all. I saw this article at Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AiRqItC9cFKyi23hI33cZuHtxLsF?slug=dw-playoff112707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns) the other day. This is what I'm talkin' about!!!

kool-aid killer
12-02-2007, 03:49 PM
What a joke, we gotta watch the Suckeyes in another title game...oh well, at least we'll get to see them choke one away again. lol lol lol

Id rather see Hawaii in the Championship game than the Buckeyes. It must be nice to play in a soft conference and have your season end two weeks before everyone elses so you can sit back and move up without having to play anybody.

jjreason
12-02-2007, 05:09 PM
It's pretty apparent that the Big 10 is going to have to add a game to their schedule, pretty much everyone else is playing 13. That being said, it's not the Buckeyes' fault everyone else lost (though I'd like to claim that it was - I'll blame those bastages for anything I can :D ).

I'm going to guess it'll be LSU vs. Ohio State, though Oklahoma sure looks like they deserve a shot. Whoever's on the outside looking in will be bitter.

Hawaii had a great year, yes.. but their strength of schedule just wasn't there (according to what I've read, I don't follow them). It'd be really great if they got a crack at a top team and pulled off a big win like Boise State did last year.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Is anyone else watching this Pitt WVU game? The officiating has just been horrible. I'm never seen so many bad calls in my life. This crew seriously needs to be looked at.Pitt did it! They did it! No thanks to that horrendous crew; I have NEVER yelled so loudly at a TV screen before. :upset: I had to wonder if they had money on the game, the way they were killing the Panthers after any big play. :conspiracytheory:

Why no bad vibes for the Pac-10 or Big East, with no championship games? Or is that because they still play in the last week? All the Big T11en needs to do is add another non-conference game, or have another conf game played. Don't need a title game.

I'm guessing that OSU and LSU will have the top 2 BCS numbers, but you know, I'd just LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVE the #2 and #3 teams to tie with their averages. That'd be the best! :yes: Face it people; your "system" ain't working well (even if my team gets the benefit, I still am annoyed at its problems).

jjreason
12-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Conspiracy theory indeed.... remember that post of yours from about 3 weeks ago, BCJ, where you came up with some outlandish formula that would allow the Buckeyes a shot at redemption in the BCS Championship?

Hmmmm.............. :p :D

Bel-Cam Jos
12-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Conspiracy theory indeed.... remember that post of yours from about 3 weeks ago, BCJ, where you came up with some outlandish formula that would allow the Buckeyes a shot at redemption in the BCS Championship?

Hmmmm.............. :p :DThat's no theory... that's a reality.
Too farfetched to be reality.
Turn the system around.
The BCS won't give up without a fight.
Fighting won't help, but there are alternatives to computer polls.
[insert dramatic music here]

Bel-Cam Jos
12-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Surprise. Tim Tebow won the Heisman Trophy.

Apparently "sophomore" is this year's "junior" now, although I don't think it had as much a bearing on his winning it as it might have years past.

jjreason
12-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Now that that's taken care of, he's more than welcome to take a well-earned day off on January 1st. :lipsrsealed:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I listened to the blocked FG that ended the [sponsor deleted] Las Vegas Bowl last night. Tough way to lose, UCLA, after that nice drive to set up the attempt. Other "lesser" bowls to come in the next week, that will probably have good matchups and outcomes, too.

p.s. Tycho's thread should be merged with this'n, Oh Mighty Miscellaneous Mod.

kool-aid killer
12-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Crazy finish to that game. The ball looked like it might sneak over the bar despite the block.

jjreason
12-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Pretty wild game last night between Purdue and Central Mich - nearly 100 points scored and it was decided on the last play of the game. Go Big 1(1)0!

kool-aid killer
12-27-2007, 08:28 PM
I like how Central Michigan decided to play defense on that last drive. They acted like Purdues recievers had cooties or something.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
I felt so bad for both the Hawai'i team and Colt Brennan; it's a bad way to end your college career on the bench and banged up. USC and Georgia looked really strong, the Big T11en was weak, sadly.

I am sad to realize that FOX gets the title game again. ABC usually has the best college coverage of any network.

Val Da Car
01-02-2008, 12:39 PM
The Outback Bowl was brutal to watch - Without a Hangover.

The officials rarely called a Helmet to Helmet hit on Donovan.

I did LOVE the Vols chop blocks....and now their coach is off to Duke with a great sendoff.

Will the Badgers play Duke?

jjreason
01-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Big 10 is a little hurting - 8 teams repping with only 3 wins so far (and I don't have high hopes for OSU).

Good thing the only team that matters sent their old coach off in fine style. :lipsrsealed:

I'm fine with Hawaii getting pounded - Georgia got the shaft and they wanted to make sure everyone knew it. Point taken, Dogs, point taken.

kool-aid killer
01-02-2008, 08:51 PM
The Big 10 is like a poor mans version of the Pac 10.

Hawaii was pounded because their defense couldnt tackle and their o-line was getting abused. Brennan got to the point where he was more worried about getting drilled than finding receivers. The backup QB came in and played a bit better without worrying about where the next hit was coming from.

Looks like its going to be another year of reading the SEC trolls boast about their conference.

Slicker
01-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Good thing the only team that matters sent their old coach off in fine style. :lipsrsealed:

You got that right!! They did it in good fashion too against one of those teams from the supposed "best" division in college football, the SEC.

Kidhuman
01-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Good to see the Hokies lose. I hate them. Sorry UK. A freind at work explained the Hokies like this:

good regular season, but they are like marijuana, if you put them in a bowl, they get smoked.

UKWildcat
01-04-2008, 12:12 AM
:cry:

That bit about the marijuana was good though... I give your friend props...

Although I wouldn't call losing by 3 points, "getting smoked", but that was still good.

mtriv73
01-04-2008, 05:09 PM
The orange bowl was 2 bad decisions away from being a Hokie blowout. Still, it was the best game I've seen this year. I though they were going to beat Kansas the way they played in the third quarter. Oh well, Kansas outplayed them (especially of special teams) and there's always next year (too bad most of the defense and all the receivers will be playing on sunday.)

Also, what's up with that baby whiner Tyrod coming out of the game every time someone touches him? He's been doing that the whole 2nd half of the season. He'd better get over that really quick if he expects to impress any NFL scouts the next couple of years.

CaptainSolo1138
01-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm glad I was able to catch all of the highlights (http://withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=4711) from the GMAC Bowl online.

Secondly, I'm demanding federal legislation that mandates all college level football games be played on or before January 2nd. I'm not a college sports fan in the least, but I usually get up for bowl "week". But it seems like they've been playing these damn things for a month now...and STILL no national champion.

Kidhuman
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
I hate Bowl Season. It is too long.

Exhaust Port
01-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Why does the biggest bowl have to be on a Monday? Seriously?

Bel-Cam Jos
01-07-2008, 08:36 PM
That's true: the San Diego Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl was Monday 12/31. :rolleyes:

But so far this bowl game's going OSU's way after two series, 10-0.

kool-aid killer
01-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Anybody really surprised by last nights result? If its any comfort to OSU fans, they play in the Big 10 next season so backing into the national championship game should be within their reach again.

DarthQuack
01-08-2008, 10:16 AM
I really wasn't into any of the bowls this year....Being a Notre Dame fan nothing for me to watch this season....

2-1B
01-08-2008, 07:52 PM
"Suckeyes !!!"

Bel-Cam Jos
01-08-2008, 08:29 PM
"*******s !!!"Yes, well said. Always nice to get such respect for a .857 winning percentage season, plus a chance at a national championship. :rolleyes:

Despite the flawed system, Ohio State had a pretty darn good year, supposedly a year early, if you believe the experts who think that an '08 predominantly senior squad will be even better.

2-1B
01-08-2008, 11:17 PM
hey I live in Wisconsin and >>> I <<< don't respect the Big 10, so I sure don't hold their "champion" who lost to the Rose Bowl blow out Illini and got licked in the BCS title game in very high esteem. :)

Suckeyes, indeed. What kool-aid-killer said. lol