PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars "Slang"?

InsaneJediGirl
09-02-2007, 12:26 AM
As I was searching for Legacy of the Force Spoilers on the net today, I came across a little interesting tidbit on Urban Dictionary :

Ben Skywalker

This is a term commonly used to describe one of those fans of Star Wars who has absolutely no grip on reality.This may or may not be because of Star Wars. Other influences may include drugs, upbringing, and general stupidity. You can spot a Ben Skywalker by how they argue.If arguments tend to devolve into something like this:

"I think you are wrong because your opinion is unfounded and completely lacks evidence!"

"May the force be with you!"

You are probably arguing with a Ben Skywalker.
Ben Skywalkers tend to have little or no common sense, and are unwelcome just about wherever they go.Other than being obnoxious fanboys, they are extremely opinionated, and love to start pointless arguments about the molecular components of the Millennium Falcon's warp drive.
T
hey constantly complain about nobody responding to their e-mails or Private Messages, are just LOOKING for perma-bans at any intellectual forum, and are a general nuisance.If you see a Ben Skywalker, prepare to either run or suffer a massive IQ drop.

BEN SKYWALKER: "Do people who work at Game Informer get to play Xbox Live?"
PERSON: "A question that stupid could only be asked by a Ben Skywalker."

PERSON: "You're an idiot."
BEN SKYWALKER: "The force is not strong with you."

Huh? I've read/posted on a number of forums, and have never seen this. Better to curse at a fan boy in my opinion. Or is this some teenie-bopper wannabe fan girl slang?Most likely yes.

El Chuxter
09-02-2007, 12:31 AM
What?

Not only have I never seen such stupid behavior (though, I'll admit, there are some deluded fans out there), I've never heard of such a slang term, and I can't figure out why it would be "Ben Skywalker." (I mean, if you've even heard of the character, you're a pretty big SW geek yourself, right?)

InsaneJediGirl
09-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Not sure myself. I have read grumblings that Ben Skywalker is considered annoying by some, but this was back when the character was young and not "present day".

I agree with you Chux, if you know who Ben Skywalker is, you're already a fanboy/girl yourself.

BountyHunterScum
09-02-2007, 01:16 AM
Not sure myself. I have read grumblings that Ben Skywalker is considered annoying by some, but this was back when the character was young and not "present day".

I agree with you Chux, if you know who Ben Skywalker is, you're already a fanboy/girl yourself.

Who is Ben Skywalker?

El Chuxter
09-02-2007, 01:29 AM
The son of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade Skywalker, born during the New Jedi Order series of novels, about 26 years after ANH.

He remains a baby forever, as everything post-NJO blows goats.

BountyHunterScum
09-02-2007, 01:55 AM
The son of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade Skywalker, born during the New Jedi Order series of novels, about 26 years after ANH.

He remains a baby forever, as everything post-NJO blows goats.

Ok........

Bel-Cam Jos
09-02-2007, 11:05 AM
I thought this would include movie and EU slang terms, like:

nerf herder
Sith spawn
stang
bantha poodoo (or just poodoo)
e chuba
slimey, no-good, double-crosser
slimey piece of worm-ridden filth
Rebel scum
their kind of scum

To quote Obi-Wan: "I was wrong." :(

But to me, the writer of that UD entry sounds like he or she is that very Ben Skywalker, trying to spread the concept and earn fame by "creating" an established term. :weak:

InsaneJediGirl
09-02-2007, 02:07 PM
I thought this would include movie and EU slang terms, like:

nerf herder
Sith spawn
stang
bantha poodoo (or just poodoo)
e chuba
slimey, no-good, double-crosser
slimey piece of worm-ridden filth
Rebel scum
their kind of scum

You forgot "Sithspit" :D

Kidhuman
09-02-2007, 03:20 PM
I guess being a Ben Slywalker is like pulling a Munson

2-1B
09-02-2007, 03:39 PM
I didn't know Def Leppard released an album in the Star Wars universe.

JediTricks
09-03-2007, 05:56 PM
26 up and 8 down? This author's come up with no other definitions? Not buying it, this one is way out from beyond left field, that's far too high a ratio for one I've NEVER heard of before. I couldn't find a single reference on Google for this either.

BTW, I've always used the term "Star Wart" for this type of person. :p

Jargo
09-03-2007, 09:38 PM
*giggles.*

the urban dictionary is so retarded.

*pushes glasses up nose and peers at screen waiting for a reply.*

BountyHunterScum
09-04-2007, 01:22 PM
*giggles.*

the urban dictionary is so retarded.

*pushes glasses up nose and peers at screen waiting for a reply.*

Retarded and full of uneducated morons, half of the definitions are in broken english.

JediTricks
09-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Retarded and full of uneducated morons, half of the definitions are in broken english.
Dat's wut makez tehm URB'N!

:p