PDA

View Full Version : MR Darth Vader Helmet LE issues

decadentdave
09-03-2007, 02:32 AM
In 2005 I purchased a Darth Vader LE directly from MR. It was flawless when I received it. I received an e-mail several months later that many of the Vader and Clone Trooper helmets received from China were defective and to return it to MR if I had received one of these helmets that had cosmetic flaws. Since I was satisfied with the pristine appearance of my helmet, I did not return it for a replacement because I did not see a need to.

Fast forward 2 years later. I notice there's a thin layer of dust on my helmet. I go to wipe it off with the soft cleaning cloth that MR provided with the helmet. I gently wipe away all of the dust. The next day I notice that there are now small scratches in the surface paint of the helmet all over from where I wiped away the dust with the cloth. I was horrified. I called MR and they told me to e-mail them the details so I did. That was over 3 weeks ago and they haven't returned my inquiry to customer service. Does anybody know if there is any way to polish or buff out the small surface scratches or is my investment a total loss? Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

Jayspawn
09-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Call 1-866- REPLIKA. I think thats their number off the top of my head.

They do have a method of polishing your helmet. I havnt had to do it yet as my Vader LE has been in storage.

decadentdave
09-03-2007, 03:17 PM
I already called MR Customer Service. They told me to send them an e-mail. I did this 3 weeks ago. No response.

Jayspawn
09-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Shoot Amy a pm. She's on SSG here and has an entry under the Boba Fett Helmet Thread. She'll get ya setup.