PDA

View Full Version : 12" Fans' Choice?

Ook
02-08-2002, 11:28 PM
How about a poll on Hasbro's site to see what character we'd most like to see in the 12" line?

Personally, I'd like to see some more aliens. And I'd love to put in my vote for a character from among the likes of Hammerhead, Snaggletooth, Squidhead, Ellorrs Madak et al.

Beast
02-08-2002, 11:38 PM
Not a bad idea. Since they usually choose 1 from each movie, and then a wild card choice how about these 5 in a fan's choice poll.

1. Nute Gunray (E1)
2. Rebel Fleet Trooper (ANH)
3. Hoth Rebel Trooper (ESB)
4. Weequey (ROTJ)
5. 2-1B (ESB)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ook
02-08-2002, 11:57 PM
I don't follow these things nearly as closely as most here probably do. So, I didn't know that's how they chose characters. With that in mind, I'll give my 5 picks:

SW - Hammerhead, Snaggletooth, Djas Puhr, Myo, Ellorrs Madak
ESB - Ugnaught
ROJ - Squidhead, Gamorrean Guard
TPM - Wookiee Senator (if the fur can be made to look good)

Yeah, so I couldn't stay under five.....

:Pirate:

Battle Droid
02-09-2002, 12:37 AM
TPM: Destroyer Droid
TPM: Pilot Battle Droid with PK Droid
ANH: Tusken Raider
TESB: Imperial Probe Droid
ROTJ: Biker Scout

Ook
02-09-2002, 12:42 AM
They did 12" Tuskens and Biker Scouts, Battle Droid...:confused:

Battle Droid
02-09-2002, 12:56 AM
They did? I've never seen them.

Ook
02-09-2002, 01:04 AM
Here ya go.

http://www.brianstoys.com/acatalog/POTF2_Standard12inDollBoxed_TuskenRaider-Staff.jpg

http://www.coolcollectibles.com.au/images/sw12SPEEDERBIKE.jpg

Battle Droid
02-09-2002, 01:10 AM
Oh the one with the Speederbike, I knew about it, I meant one by it's self. The one with the Speederbike was an exclusive and 2 hard to get.

2-1B
02-09-2002, 02:23 AM
JarJarBinks, I would have to vote for 2-1B in your poll.

I also really like the suggestions of Nute and Weequay, plus I would love a Gammorean Guard and Hammerhead.

How about Lando Skiff ?

General Veers
02-09-2002, 09:03 AM
I would like a Nemoidian and 2-1B.:D

evenflow
02-22-2002, 04:39 PM
I am down for that. I'd like to see some 12 inch Jabba aliens, as well as Jabba himself.

humsup
02-27-2002, 02:44 AM
My top 10 in sequence :

1. Scout Trooper - single pack w/o vehicle.
2. Gamorrean Guards - AWESOME PIG :D
3. Zuckuss - heard he's coming out soon.
4. Dengar - this one too :)
5. Lando in Skiff Guard Disguise
6. Weequay
7. Mara Jade
8. AT-ST Driver
9. Emperor Royal Guard - Single pack
10. Dak - Luke's Snowspeeder co-pilot

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 04:25 AM
Ok Hasbro, with the Unleashed line it's obvious you're trying to copy Applause or Attakus with their statues, now for the 12" how about trying to copy Marmit? :D Theres my fan choice! :cool:

mark2d2
03-11-2002, 02:53 AM
Mark's Top Five Dream 12 inch Figures

5) Snaggletooth

4) FX-7

3) 2-1B

2) Ellorrs Nadak

And the number one figure! The one that I REALLY want is . . .

1) HAMMERHEAD !!!!

Eternal Padawan
06-09-2002, 11:22 AM
Plo Koon would be cool.

Exhaust Port
06-09-2002, 01:19 PM
I think Hasbro could do a "Scene" line of 12" figures. For example from ROTJ they could produce a Skiff series (some have already been produced). Basically every character who was on the Skiff would get a figure. WeeQuay and Lando would be included. There could also be a Endor landing party. I would like to see Luke, Han in the Endor camo as well as a standard Endor Soldier. Another from ROTJ would be Jabba's Palace with all the different aliens, dancers, guards, etc.

As for a true fan's choice I would like to vote on a figure that would come with a vehicle. If we'd get one thing to pick I would want it to be big, I mean it is for the collectors.

Luke or Ben with a Land Speeder
Lando with a Skiff
Jabba with his platform
Tie Fighter Pilot with a Tie Fighter (I don't care how big it would be in 1/6, I would buy this for sure)
Darth Vader with his Chamber or his Fighter
Chewie with a M. Falcon cockpit

Like someone said before, 21st Century has made those hugh tanks that have sold. Why not make something for the SW universe.

Beast
06-09-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Plo Koon would be cool.
Would be, or will be? Remeber, the fan club is going to be offering an Exclusive 12" Plo Koon figure soon. And then start offering the rest of the council every so often. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-09-2002, 01:49 PM
How about Elan Sleazebaggo? (sp?)

Or how about "ultimate" Han much like the Luke and Jango? He could come with 4 outfits: 2 Different pairs of pants (Blue w/ Red, Brown with Yellow), his Hoth/Bespin jacket, and his Hoth suit, technically that's just one suit but considering besides his Hoth suit he just changes his pants and uses a jacket instead of vest it would be easy to include that stuff I think.
He could also come with his Endor coat for those that couldn't get the Endor Han 12" figure. Plus he could come with (of course) his blaster, some detonators, Hoth binoculars and scanner and cuffs for Bespin/Jabba's palace scenes. :D Of course you'd also need to use one of the GI Joe bodies.

Eternal Padawan
06-10-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Would be, or will be? Remember, the fan club is going to be offering an Exclusive 12" Plo Koon figure soon. And then start offering the rest of the council every so often. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

WILL be cool then. ;)

I was doing calculations in my head. A 1/6 TIE Fighter would be as big as my Laz-y-Boy! :D

bobafett07728
06-10-2002, 11:01 AM
Yeah. . .a 1/6 TIE Fighter would rule. . .but would aslo have to take the place of my bed. . .and surely empty my bank acount. I'm for just about any 12" figure, just no resculpts.

I see people are interested in a 2-1B. . .why not make a 2-1B and FX-7 two pack. At least its a 2-pack that would make sense. I don't think many people would want an FX-7 by himself, but together. . .who would deny themselves that!!!!!

A 12" Jabba would also be neat. . .but would be bigger than the Dewback I'm sure. . .and would be horrendously expensive. . .but if he got marked down like the Dewback. . .Hmmmmm. . .

And about the Fan's Choice Polls. . .it would be a good idea, but do you think its authentic? It would give us the illusion of an actual fan's choice. . .but I think the winner is already chosen, and sculpting has already begun. . .just my view.

N-2PF
06-10-2002, 11:34 AM
How can you dream of a 12"-Fan's Choice Poll from Hasbro, when we cannot manage to get a 12"-section in the forums from Sir Steve? The thread to do that is now hidden in the comments/suggestions-section.

evenflow
06-11-2002, 04:16 PM
I would like a 12 inch fan choice. It woul dbe cool if they did it.

JediWannaBe
06-12-2002, 06:51 AM
A 12" section would be GREAT. Why are'nt their any?:mad:

N-2PF
06-12-2002, 09:27 AM
Vote for a 12"-section!
Originally posted by JediTricks
Vote on the poll so SirSteve can be absolutely sure and we can get this finally done: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10144

JediWannaBe
06-12-2002, 06:08 PM
I vote YES.

But I am a newbie :rolleyes:

JediTricks
06-12-2002, 10:27 PM
Newbie, oldbie, bumblebee, just vote! :D Everybody is welcome to give input on this issue. :)

sideswipe1984
06-13-2002, 03:39 PM
1)"Ultimate" Jedi Luke w/ tunic, cloak, Endor gear, saber, Jabba's Guard's pistol, interchangeable right hands (gloved and ungloved).

2)"Ultimate" Stormtrooper.

3)AOTC Anakin w/ cloak

4) AOTC Obi-Wan with cloak

Laserbrain
06-15-2002, 12:29 AM
I don't care what figure is chosen, as long as it's anatomically proportioned!

I'm extremely picky about my 12" figures, as you can tell. It's that much easier to justify a 3 3/4" fig that turns out to be a dog, than to spend $35 on an immobile piece of junk that can't stand on it's own.

And no more huge inarticulate lumps of crusty semi-flourcent goo like that TRU "Dewback"...