PDA

View Full Version : General Grievous' Starfighter is coming!

Tycho
09-06-2007, 05:20 AM
I really like this ship, but I didn't ask for it, need it, or whatever. In terms of obscure stuff, I'd have liked a Corporate Alliance Tank Droid or Wookiee Catamaran at the $20 pricepoint first.

But I saw the ship in person at Comic Con and couldn't help myself but be impressed and inundated with unbridled desire to own it.

I may even buy 2 for dioramas with Grievous vs. Obi-Wan and Bail Organa and Captain Antilles receiving the ship during Obi-Wan's arrival after Order 66.

When Hasbro does a nice job, I want to support them.

jedi master sal
09-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Wow, I'm glad you're here to tell us these things (albeit very late). Someone take the professor here into the back and plug him into the hyperdrive...

Okay I'm just bustin' on you. I too look forward to the ship and will get two as well. One for my Utapau diorama and another to hang from the ceiling as if it were in space.

Good looking ship, even though I haven't seen it in person yet.

Looks like Hasbro did some justice to this ship/toy.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-06-2007, 04:34 PM
if this comes with a scaled to version of the good general then im all for it, but other wise...i gotta pass. im not big on ships and such unless the pack ins are worth it or they make sense in some of the dioramas i display here or there.

darko666
09-06-2007, 05:11 PM
isn't this ship being made in the same scale as the Infiltrator? if so, then what a shame. it is a cool looking ship though.

pegger
09-06-2007, 05:21 PM
isn't this ship being made in the same scale as the Infiltrator? if so, then what a shame. it is a cool looking ship though.

But that scale works for Grevious' ship. It's a 1 man ship - not like the Interceptor, which is a frieghter...

2-1B
09-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I like this ship. I won't get the toy but I dig the ship's design.

JediTricks
09-07-2007, 01:24 AM
I asked for this ship, quite loudly actually, and I'm glad we're getting it, it looks nifty. I was extremely pleased to see it at CIV in the slideshow, and even moreso in person at SDCC, it's perfect for the $20 starfighter pricepoint, and much more on par with the V-wing than the Sith Infiltrator.

if this comes with a scaled to version of the good general then im all for it, but other wise...i gotta pass. im not big on ships and such unless the pack ins are worth it or they make sense in some of the dioramas i display here or there.We never saw Grievous in the ship, we saw Obi-Wan flying the ship. I don't think it'll come with a pack-in at all though, and if it did, look at their track record with pack-in Grievous, it's POOR.

jedibear
09-07-2007, 11:20 PM
This ship does look good.

As for Grievous...I remember the gents at the Hasbro booth mentioning that the figure was produced before all the details of how he'd appear onscreen were ironed out so we got the clunky garish looking one (that keeps getting re-issued), They did leave the door open a crack for re-doing him from scratch later in the line...correctly scaled and detailed. Sure hope so....

Hey, would that make a good "Ask Hasbro" question?

"Will General Grievous ever be re-done in the proper scale & deco as seen in the film?"

Kidhuman
09-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Someone get the oil rags and clean the mess up.

jedibear
09-07-2007, 11:40 PM

????????????

jedi master sal
09-08-2007, 12:57 AM
????????????

Refering to Grievous demise no doubts and the metal parts left after.

stad
09-08-2007, 08:13 AM
This ship does look good.

As for Grievous...I remember the gents at the Hasbro booth mentioning that the figure was produced before all the details of how he'd appear onscreen were ironed out so we got the clunky garish looking one (that keeps getting re-issued), They did leave the door open a crack for re-doing him from scratch later in the line...correctly scaled and detailed. Sure hope so....

Hey, would that make a good "Ask Hasbro" question?

"Will General Grievous ever be re-done in the proper scale & deco as seen in the film?"

Pretty sure that was already a question, somewhere, on one of the sites, and that was basically their answer. Unless I read it in remarks somewhere from Comic-Con...

JediTricks
09-10-2007, 05:07 PM
June 30th, 2006:
BehindTheToys.com: Will we see a General Grievous that is in proper scale with the rest of the 3.75" line?
Hasbro: Interesting question. We work far ahead of the final versions in some cases, and Grievous was one of those. We based our figures (all five) on the input we had at the time which stated that Grievous was 6'4" and had certain deco. The final film version was much taller and had different deco. If, and when, we go back to do a new Grievous we'll take the official film height into account.
Aug 3rd, 2007:

BobasBounty.net: It looks like the "pre-cyborg" General Grievous is a much larger figure than the typical Star Wars figure. Is there a chance we will see a Cyborg Grievous in a more accurate scale as well?
Hasbro: We guarantee that the next time we put a Grievous into production, it will be more correctly-scaled. However, when that is is still undetermined - it may not happen until 2009.

SWcollector.com: With the new Pre-Cyborg Grievous looking to be nearly as big as the McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca, is that any indication that we're getting closer to a correctly-scaled ROTS General Grievous?
Hasbro: We guarantee that the next time we put a Grievous into production, it will be more correctly-scaled. However, when that is is still undetermined - it may not happen until 2009.

jedibear
09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Wow, JT.....

Thank you for the clarification...no can dare accuse you of not being thorough! :)

Just ordered my "Concept Grievous"....lookin' forward to this fighter (whn does that street BTW?) and it's good to know that someday in the future Hasbro may grace us with a "correct" version of the General...

Now if only Sideshow would do a great 1:6 version of him and my Grievous" collection would be complete....

JediTricks
09-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Sure thing. I have to keep track of these Q&As so I don't end up letting our list fill up with already-answered stuff. It's exhausting. :p

The Grievous Fighter is slated for December.

I suspect Sideshow's going to hold back on 12" Grievous since that was one of the last Hasbro figures in the scale, but it's tragic because when you look at their Premium Format version and Kotobukiya's upcoming vinyl kit version, it really shows how inadequate every Grievous Hasbro's made to date has been.

stillakid
09-12-2007, 11:42 PM
I can't wait for this ship. Hopefully it'll come on a stick so I can suck on it like a Tootsie Pop.

AmanaMatt
09-15-2007, 06:29 PM
The Grievous figs are all crap - pure and simple. I just got the preborgified version and he is pretty sweet. Being crazy tall and big does make up for his somewhat lacking articulation (in the arms mostly)...I would love to see a movie accurate version of Grievous at this height.

I would be willing to pay more for one, if they wanted to make in a very detailed fig.

TheCivilCollector
09-17-2007, 12:24 AM
I can't wait for the Grievous' Starfighter. My favorite ship of the prequels by FAR. I still gotta get the Jedi Starfighter, though. Next time I see Vader's Sith Starfighter, I think I'm going to grab it. Undecided on V-Wing and the Sith Infiltrator.

sicqnus
09-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Here we gooooooooo ! (AT-PT & Grievous Starfighter).

jedi master sal
09-17-2007, 12:34 PM
I can't wait for the Grievous' Starfighter. My favorite ship of the prequels by FAR. I still gotta get the Jedi Starfighter, though. Next time I see Vader's Sith Starfighter, I think I'm going to grab it. Undecided on V-Wing and the Sith Infiltrator.

Throwing my two cents to you:
Get the V-wing
Unless you have to have an Infiltrator, pass on this one. The paultry size really is a detractor here.

Again, just my opinion though.

JediTricks
09-18-2007, 04:48 AM
Gonna back Sal up there, V-wing is super nifty and should be bought by any SW fan; the Sith Infiltrator is heavily underwhelming due to it's small size and can NEVER interact with your figures (without fits of insulting laughter anyway).

El Chuxter
09-18-2007, 11:21 AM
V-Wing looks like another $20 spent on something else to remain in the box to me. I'm done with vehicles, at least.

JediTricks
09-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Funny you should mention that. My Sith Infiltrator (I bought it to confidently insult it) is in its box; my Ep 3 preview Jedi Starfighter - box; Grievous' Wheelbike - box; Droid Tri-Fighter - box; ARC-170 - box; V-wing - out on display.

Kidhuman
09-18-2007, 08:04 PM
I have been very picky with vehicles over the years. I have 1 X-wing, 2 Ties(OTC, and the TAC), 2 Hailfires(they are awesome and I love em), Snowspeeder(didnt have one, so I bought Zev's) V-wing. During EP1, I bought most of them, nly not getting the Royal Starship because it was delayed so damn much I passed on it.

Tycho
09-18-2007, 08:23 PM
I agree with Kidhuman - the Hailfire Droid is a good toy!

JediTricks
02-09-2008, 06:23 PM
I received this vehicle in the mail from HTS yesterday, it's very nifty but the action-gimmick crowd will find it a little boring since it's all manual. The deco is very nice and no stickers, the sculpt is even better with plenty to see. The cockpit holds Obi-Wan fine, and has room for a taller figure - plus the dashboard is removable (push down and slide out, the instructions are confusing about this). The rear fin rotates down and locks into the non-movable rear leg, the front legs extend down and lock into position slightly outward (at first it didn't seem like they locked) and the feet are hinged. They added a belly cannon, not sure if it's accurate but it's not unwelcome. The sides of the main engines pull out to reveal missile-launchers, they fire far and the ship actually looks a little cooler with them revealed. All in all, a real winner, worth getting.

Tycho
02-09-2008, 07:08 PM
I agree with JT's assessment above. I just got my vehicle shipment from HTS today as well.

However, at Comic Con, I remember the paint scheme on the ship being a little bit more weathered or battle worn. It may have looked better.

Next, if Hasbro will make this ship (and I'm glad they did) why not the Twin Pod Cloud Car already (from a new mold if need be)?

Why not? (Hasbro's probable answer):

"Grievous' fighter is a hero / villain vehicle, used by Obi-Wan Kenobi in the movie, and available for play-use by General Grievous himself for Clone Wars action. By comparison, barely-seen, random nobodies from Bespin fly the Cloud Cars." - OK, I agree with that assessment, but not that the TPCC wouldn't sell if they made it.

Tycho's response: "Movie-wise, Grievous' starfighter is a non-action vehicle also. It never fired in the film, while the TPCC actually did fire 2 warning shots across the Millennium Falcon's bow. A new mold for the TPCC could include pull-out side missle launchers (similar to the Geonosian fighter's) that conceal for ESB movie authenticity, but can be extracted like Grevious' fighter's, for fun kid action. Kids can pretend that Han and Luke use the TPCC if 'random Bespin dude' isn't exciting enough - but how about Wilrow Hood using the ship to save the galaxy's supply of ice cream, or hadn't you thought about that, Hasbro? In any event, a pack-in figure of a black ethnic CC Pilot variation could also be chase-bait to buy the vehicle for the exclusive figure and make it different from the CC pilot figure most of us already got in 2004. TRU could also carry it as an exclusive if they need to bump the price to $30 like the Hyperdrive ring Jedi Starfighter, but then they should include two CC pilots, of different ethnicities (easily done with only a headsculpt change)."

JediTricks
02-09-2008, 07:38 PM
It's just your memory playing tricks on you:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24291
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24192
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24187

In fact, looking at those pics now, I'd say what they had there was a production sample, the tail fin and landing leg rivets are production-style, and the gold on the sides has the same tiny issues mine does.

Tycho
02-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah. You were right. Now I hope you're right about the AT-TE (discussion in AT-AP thread).

So far your batting average is pretty good even if Hasbro's has been lousy (Sith Infiltrator). However, that is exactly why I'm still betting against you on the AT-TE - though not happy about that at all.

bigbarada
02-10-2008, 12:40 AM
Every time I look at Grievous' ship I just get the feeling that it should have a bat painted on it somewhere.

Slicker
02-10-2008, 03:20 AM

It's subtle yet hilarious. HAW!

stillakid
02-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Mine came yesterday. I like it!

It reminds me of an old Lincoln Continental.

http://www.snuffledopple.com/images/20078b.jpg

http://www.lzoc.org/links/mw41lc.jpg

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/transportation/images/Auto%20Toy%20page/eko-lincoln.jpg

http://local.aaca.org/wisconsin/1947%20Lincoln.jpg

x13squadleader
02-11-2008, 05:58 AM
i got mine last week and i think its great.it does not do much but it really never did.kind of fun to have it from the battle front game perspective.it does have a removable dash.not sure why but i am sure it could fit any figure

JediTricks
02-11-2008, 04:03 PM
The removable dash is for any larger Grievous figures they might release in the future, which is very wise.

Yeah, in Battlefront 2 it's the only really cool ship to fly around in from the CIS team, even though it's the bomber.

Tycho
02-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Now I know what the ship is missing - a weather worn, battle scarred paint application. Not as severe as Slave-One's, but Grievous' ship is too new looking. In the movie, when Obi-Wan gets slammed into it, you can tell it's not mint.

The ship is also sort of modeled after a Vulcher Droid Fighter if you want to look at it that way. There are elements of the E2 Jedi Starfighter and E1 / N-1 in it as well.

JediTricks
02-12-2008, 04:36 AM
The fine silvery flecks are its weathering, I believe. It works for me, Grievous is not an "in the trenches" kind of guy.

plasticfetish
03-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Found this ship at Wal*Mart just recently, and I love it!

I've added a bunch of photos to the Database for those that might like a good look...

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5587

...and there's a fun one below also. :)

JediTricks
03-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Nicely done! :thumbsup: