PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours (Disney Characters as SW Characters) Now Available

Lord Malakite
09-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Just a quick heads up for anybody who is interested in buying these, Rebelscum is reporting that the new Star Tours figures have shown up in Downtown Disney's 'Once Upon a Toy Store' in Florida.

For anyone who doesn't know what these are, they are not action figures of the droids from the Star Tours ride (as was the case with the previous Star Tours figures). These are action figures of Disney characters dressed as Star Wars characters.

The following 5 figures are currently available.

Mickey Mouse as Luke Skywalker
Minnie Mouse as Princess Leia
Donald Duck as Han Solo
Goofy as Darth Vader
Stitch as The Emperor

figrin bran
09-07-2007, 08:52 PM
They are available at Disneyland as well as reported by LA forumite BlueSnags.

stillakid
09-07-2007, 09:11 PM
They are available at Disneyland as well as reported by LA forumite BlueSnags.... in news chopper one.

Do we have any photos of these alleged figures? Can you confirm or deny the accusation made by the Senator this morning?

figrin bran
09-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Here is a photo of the Disney figures (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/IMG_2754.jpg)

mabudonicus
09-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Hopefullly soon they'll license Darth Freddy and Luke Eddy, the SW Shreddies..

And hell, why stop there?? Let's see SW Crocs, and maybe collectibe SW Lunchable Cheese-Strings and maybe if they can pull it off some Star Wars collectible Pound Puppies... and maybe you favourtie Star Wars characters crossed over with news personalities- Darth Rather, Katie Couric Organa, Emperor Kronkite

Seriously, sorry to vent but it would seem this whole deal is getting WAY outta hand. SW Disney is like making cheese-filed cheese with a plastic-cheese batter and then frying it in cheese, thanks GOODNESS I was born with a shred of common sense
:beard: Iso & Baws
OUT before I pull a Chux

figrin bran
09-07-2007, 10:41 PM
I guess this is a bad time to tell you that Muppet SW figures are coming as well.

K M Toydarian
09-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Although I do like these, and very much enjoy cheese :D,
I can say, at least these are only sold AT Disneyland. If you are going to Disneyland, you like Disney, then to ride the Star Tours ride, you like Star Wars. So a tie in souvenir is ok with me. Had these been everywhere, they would bomb and be clearanced like the M&M's stuff. (which of course I bought, but that's beside the point.)

Fans can get them at the parks, over the phone, but they are not taking up space for other "legitimate" product.
Fortunately, living in So.Cal, I was down there last week and went into the Park to get them. I got a Shopping Pass good for 1 hour, so I didn't have to pay admission. Got an extra Han/Donald to make a keychain.

Thunderbird
09-21-2007, 10:40 PM
I just bought these today. Thanks K M Toydarian for the heads up on the 1 hour shopping pass. I'd never heard of that until your post and Disneyland doesn't advertise it.

I love stuff like this, I can't wait for the Muppets figs and the Potato Heads now.

K M Toydarian
09-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Glad you were able to get them.
I am sure glad Disney does this. It works out for them as it is pretty much free money.
The potatoes are supposed to hit soon, I'll have to try and find out. Can't wait for those!

Bel-Cam Jos
06-30-2008, 12:56 AM
I picked up four: Mickey/Anakin, Stitch/Yoda, Donald/Han, and Goofy/Vader. Passed on the other six; they're $9.95 each. :greedy: They're divided into Prequel and OT. Surprised there weren't any R2 or Threepio or Stormtrooper/Clone or Fetts. Yet. Wonder what that means? :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-11-2010, 02:38 PM
At the SW Weekends, I picked up three of the newer ones: Bad Pete as Fett (this figure is about as heavy as Ephant Mon, and a removable helmet), Minnie as Boushh (her removable "helmet" is just a head to pop off and re-attach), and Donald as Han in Carbonite (his tail is visible on the back of the block, as well as feathers). I passed on Threepio Goofy. I like the fact that these came with accessories, too (guns, staffs, helmets, etc.).

JediTricks
06-11-2010, 04:44 PM
My sister bought me a pin of Donald in Carbonite that flips around on its base to reveal his tail sticking out the back.

DarkArtist
07-08-2010, 08:44 AM
I'll have to check these out during CV... going to the last ride on Endor in MGM and might have to get a few of these...

I know I have Emperor Stitch and Yoda Stitch already..

Bel-Cam Jos
07-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I'll have to check these out during CV... going to the last ride on Endor in MGM and might have to get a few of these...

I know I have Emperor Stitch and Yoda Stitch already..There's going to be an exclusive Donald as Shadow Trooper figure (I saw this at the SWW shop) for CV, plus a 5-pin set of the Star Tours Boarding Party figures set.

JediTricks
07-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Saw the new figs at Disneyland last weekend, including Bad Pete as Boba Fett, that's a lot of figure!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure who's heftier; him or E.Mon.

jonthejedi
07-09-2010, 05:38 AM
I was down at SW Weekends over Memorial Day...these were all very plentiful at the park & at downtown Disney's Once Upon A Store. My fav. is still Jedi Mickey with R2-MK. They have had a full scale remote controlled one you could have youe picture with(and Mickey, of course) in a Tantive IV corridor set outside. Very cool!

jonthejedi
07-09-2010, 05:39 AM
That's my son by the way...the lucky little dude who met George Lucas at CIII. He's also in the newest issue of Star Wars Insider(the one with FU Starkiller on the cover).

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2010, 11:09 AM
They have had a full scale remote controlled one you could have youe picture with(and Mickey, of course) in a Tantive IV corridor set outside. Very cool!You mean, like this one? Or this one? Or with the CW packaging?

The little scene areas to take pictures in were quite cool.

[edit]Or if you post a picture of a Disney's Animal Kingdom rock along the safari route? :rolleyes:

jonthejedi
07-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Very cool...we were only there for 1 day, since we had a Harry Potter pre-ride opening package(a soft opening). That ride truly rocks...simulatorX10!

JediTricks
07-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I was down at SW Weekends over Memorial Day...these were all very plentiful at the park & at downtown Disney's Once Upon A Store. My fav. is still Jedi Mickey with R2-MK. They have had a full scale remote controlled one you could have youe picture with(and Mickey, of course) in a Tantive IV corridor set outside. Very cool!That is awesome! Great photo. I think I'm most jealous of that corridor, and the outdoor lighting really gives the whole thing a film quality.

You mean, like this one? Or this one? Or with the CW packaging?

The little scene areas to take pictures in were quite cool.

[edit]Or if you post a picture of a Disney's Animal Kingdom rock along the safari route? :rolleyes:You can go into the Manage Attachments window in edit and remove it.

That animated Cody costume looks really good, better than the movie phase 1 armor even.

jonthejedi
07-09-2010, 08:28 PM
I saw Cody, never saw Rex...but they had an Aurra Sing & Ventress that were unbelievable. Sing never broke character, even for a picture. Bad to the bone, take no prisoners. Here's my fav. picture...

jonthejedi
07-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Here's one of Ventress my wife took during the parade.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-03-2011, 09:37 PM
SSG Newsbot had some pics of Muppets as SW figures; Goofy Bane looks pretty cool.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Not sure where else to post this, but the Disney Parks Blog has updated with the Star Wars Weekends 2013 merchandise. There's lots of ROTJ fun in there, like a thermal detonator "hot potato" game, latex Salacious Crumb, and more Vinylmation, plus more Disney and Muppets characters as SW characters. The Cars mashups actually turned out pretty well, though I won't be getting any. There's also Mickey's Jedi Starfighter, pictured with the Jedi Mickey and R2-MK figures from a few years ago, that looks like a repaint of the upcoming scaled-down Class II ROTS Jedi Starfighter, so I'll probably get that one.

JediTricks
03-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Stupid Florida-only stuff! I want that Hot Potato Thermal Detonator so bad!
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/galleries/2013/03/first-look-at-star-wars-weekends-2013-merchandise-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/#photo-6
Hopefully that comes to CA.

I think the Jedi Starfighter is the original mold, not the remold, as it has spring-loaded wings and the missiles in the side weapons and longer main cannons and the open droid slot:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/galleries/2013/03/first-look-at-star-wars-weekends-2013-merchandise-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/#photo-10

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-27-2013, 06:48 PM
I think the Jedi Starfighter is the original mold, not the remold, as it has spring-loaded wings and the missiles in the side weapons and longer main cannons and the open droid slot:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/galleries/2013/03/first-look-at-star-wars-weekends-2013-merchandise-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/#photo-10
Oh, I think you're right, actually. That makes it much better, though I might have been thrown off by the light gray coloration and complete lack of weathering making it look a little cheaper than the ones Hasbro made.

figrin bran
03-27-2013, 07:05 PM
I'd love to have that 2-1B Vinylmation jr. Too bad it doesn't have a sound chip.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-29-2013, 04:58 PM
It's also been pointed out that R2-MK appears to be the build-a-droid version, which was confirmed in the comments on the blog. So it seems that the ship will be packed with the two figures.