PDA

View Full Version : Wave 5 Out Now!

Thunderbird
09-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I just got back from Wal Mart and pick up two set of wave 5 plus some concept Vaders.There were a lot of these, they must have put out 8 or 9 cases. The Anakin look way better in person, pants are more tan that yellow.

The only figure I still need it CZ-4.

Battle Droid
09-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Eh Gads, I haven't even seen Wave 4 or half of Wave 3 yet. :(

DarkJedi5
09-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Looks like Brian's Toys has shipped their wave 5 batch for the "one of each club". Guess it must really be out there!

Kidhuman
09-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Eh Gads, I haven't even seen Wave 4 or half of Wave 3 yet. :(

Ditto, I havent even found legends in my area, let alone wave 4. I ordered them from Amazon.com(wave 4) most were 6.99 each. Check them out. Hopefully they will get wave 5 also.

Battle Droid
09-10-2007, 03:39 PM
No Legends? Weird.

I ordered the rest of Wave 3 and Umpass-Stay from Amazon.

Kidhuman
09-10-2007, 05:10 PM
The only place I have seen legends has been in Princeton WM and Bluefield WM. Both are about 60+ miles from my house.

Battle Droid
09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
The last time I was at the Princeton Wal-Mart all they had was TSC Vaders.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-10-2007, 06:21 PM
The only place I have seen legends has been in Princeton WM and Bluefield WM. Both are about 60+ miles from my house.

Damn alot of us are around the same area.

Battle Droid
09-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Where do you live Sinscia?

El Chuxter
09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Sinscia mentioned the city once (and I used to live there), but I won't disregard his privacy by speaking for him. :D

AmanaMatt
09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
If only I could find McVader and the droid from Wave 4!!!!! Texas is clogged with Saga (many many from last year still) and Tac waves 1-3!

Thunderbird
09-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Yes these are definitly out, I couldn't believe it when I saw it, heck it's been less than a month sence I got wave 4.

I went to my usual Wal Mart this morning on the way to work and they had put out ALOT more. They must have put out at least 5 or 6 cases, this after I heard they put out a bunch on Sat.

I still need CZ-4 unfortunaly not it these cases and no UGH's.

Kidhuman
09-10-2007, 10:45 PM
I dont live in West VA. I live in Blacksburg, but have to go out ot Bluefield every two weeks to bring my step kids to mee their dad at Bluefiled Kmart, so I check when I am out there. That store never has anything in it either.

figrin bran
09-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Wave 5 figures along with the wave 6 McQuarrie Snowtrooper are listed as "coming soon" on HTS while there's no sign of wave 4 on that site.

Tycho
09-12-2007, 01:20 AM
I have some of Wave 5. I didn't find it myself. Hermi Odle is a masterpiece of a figure! He doesn't top Ephant Mon, but he's in that league.

jamesbondo07
09-12-2007, 02:15 AM
I found all of the Wave 5 figures I wanted today. Wal-Mart got like 5-6 cases of Wave 5. At least it had the Mcquarrie Vader in it. Now all I am missing is the CZ-4 from Wave 4. I really like this wave it has a lot of excellant figures in them. I am glad they changed Darth Malak's eyes from the original sculpt. He looks much better.

DarkArtist
09-12-2007, 08:05 AM
this is crazy I have only seen Wave 4 in the stores once and that was about a month ago and the only figures from that wave were a Holiday fett and Luke. now wave 5 is out ? I still waiting for EE to ship Wave 4.

Old Fossil
09-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Looks like CZ-4 is going to be tough to track down. Figures, since it's on my very short "MUST HAVE" list. Maybe it'll show up in future Wave 4 case revisions.

jedibear
09-12-2007, 11:21 AM

Arrrrggghh! All I SEE around here is Legends! Every time I read a new wave is out, I start hunting and all that gets put out new around here is more Legends!

hope wave 5 shows up here..

Snowtrooper
09-12-2007, 12:10 PM
My brother managed to get wave 5 for me last night from Wal-Mart. He also got a couple of McVaders. Now if I can just get CZ-4.

Droid
09-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Has ANYONE found CZ at retail?

El Chuxter
09-12-2007, 05:05 PM
He, McQuarrie Vader, and Grievous Sans Armor were the only three I haven't seen.

Val Da Car
09-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I found the leftovers of wave 5 at WM this afternoon.

Hermi looks awesome but I can't release him from his prison just yet.

schoolwork to be done first.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-13-2007, 12:55 PM
hmmm why has wave 5 beat wave 4 to retail, and from places like EE? It doesnt make any sense what so ever.

jonthejedi
09-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Caught up for once. Wooho! Found 1 set of wave 5(all 9) at Bowie, MD WalMart. Thank the Maker!

JediTricks
09-14-2007, 08:11 PM
hmmm why has wave 5 beat wave 4 to retail, and from places like EE? It doesnt make any sense what so ever.
It didn't. Wave 4 was out for a whopping 2 weeks when wave 5 hit. My guess is wave 4 had some sort of delay and shipped in the same boat as wave 5.

Ji'dai
09-14-2007, 10:58 PM
I have yet to see CZ-4 and Starkiller Hero. Found McQ Vader and the rest of wave 5 Wednesday evening though.

Two-and-a-half months of nuthin', then two waves in as many weeks.

MASTERKESSLER
09-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Hello I am new to this site although I have looked at sirsteves since the late 90's with great interest. I have been collecting since 1984. I was just wondering where I should order a case of wave 5 from, I have ordered from EE in the past and was happy with them but I did not know if there was another site that was better or cheaper. I don't often order figure because I like the hunt but lately it has been slim pickings. Any idea would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! oh and if i do order a case I will have a few figures to trade or sell for costs.

figrin bran
09-15-2007, 12:00 AM
I have a wave 5 case coming from New Force Comics next week.

Unfortunately, MasterKessler, they did not get a very huge allocation for wave 4 and perhaps not for wave 5 and so if you didn't preorder, you might be out of luck on those waves but they're worth keeping an eye on for future waves as they tend to be cheaper than EE.

MASTERKESSLER
09-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks I will keep an eye out for them there.

AmanaMatt
09-15-2007, 02:56 AM
I found TAC 5 tonight and every fig was one per case except Yoda with magical horse thingy.....still never seen CZ-4, but I was happy to score Concept Vader and Starkiller!

Old Fossil
09-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Found this wave last night, with the exceptions of course being the McFigures... I passed on all but Yoda and Roron Corobb. The Yoda figure is actually one of the better sculpts and has surprisingly greater articulation than I expected. Roron will make a great addition to my ranks of Jedi, though I wish his eyes were more along the lines of those of Saga's Momaw Nadon... i.e., less white.

The Anakin had badly painted hair. The Sith Lords were unimpressive. Hermi was big, but I never really even knew he existed until this year. 3PO was an easy pass... I have enough of him already. Greivous was quite impressive, very big and detailed, but I have no real use for him in any diorama.

DarkJedi5
09-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Hello I am new to this site although I have looked at sirsteves since the late 90's with great interest. I have been collecting since 1984. I was just wondering where I should order a case of wave 5 from, I have ordered from EE in the past and was happy with them but I did not know if there was another site that was better or cheaper. I don't often order figure because I like the hunt but lately it has been slim pickings. Any idea would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! oh and if i do order a case I will have a few figures to trade or sell for costs.

Kessler, I like to get mine from Brian's Toys. I'm a proud member of their one of each club and I love it because it's exactly that. Some places, like EE, will send you a whole case. This might contain two of some figure you only need one of or include a chase figure from a line you already have. The one of each is nice and simple and I don't have to sweat not finding anything at retail.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-15-2007, 05:04 PM

www.imperialoutposttoys.com (http://www.imperialoutposttoys.com)

i've ordered from them in the past they have decent prices and mid range selection in past collections, though they have waves 4 and 5 going right now. Though if im getting sets I.E. Cases i go with EE, since any extras i get in the case, i usually dont have a hard time getting rid of to other collectors in my area, and i make my money back for the case by selling the figures for 6 bucks a pop and trades for other stuff i didn't have.

Val Da Car
09-16-2007, 02:19 AM
To all of us that got or saw Wave 5

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=6724&zoneid=2

That was a mistake in shipping...enjoy...now back to your regularly schedule wave 4.

AmanaMatt
09-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Kessler, I like to get mine from Brian's Toys. I'm a proud member of their one of each club and I love it because it's exactly that. Some places, like EE, will send you a whole case.

By the time you factor in shipping, its double retail!

Kidhuman
09-16-2007, 01:54 PM
But by the time you factor in gas and time, it comes ot the same and frees up space and hassle of finding stuff as well.

Old Fossil
09-17-2007, 11:30 AM
So I bought the 2 Sith Lords this morning... they are better out of the package. Darth Malak has a removable jawpiece. Neat!

Ji'dai
09-17-2007, 12:24 PM
So I bought the 2 Sith Lords this morning... they are better out of the package. Darth Malak has a removable jawpiece. Neat! Oh man, I was wondering about that myself. Can't wait to open mine then. Still in the process of reorganizing my display shelves; don't want to add more new figures just yet.

Blue2th
09-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Just found this complete wave yesterday. So many cool figures in one wave, I'm ecstatic!
McVader has two helmets, Is there some kinda disfigured head under there?

Still haven't found the elusive CZ-4.

jedi master sal
09-17-2007, 01:31 PM
But by the time you factor in gas and time, it comes ot the same and frees up space and hassle of finding stuff as well.

This is what I keep saying as well. I order cases through Razors Edge.

I get them for $75 then shipping.

Shipping is:
$7 for one case
$10-11 for two cases
$14 or so for three cases

So that's STILL less than retail.
AND
if I get a few figs I don't want I either trade or sell them (at cost). In the 3 cases I've bought from them, I've not had any extra figs but one and that was the Galactic Marine in the WV4 case. So one fig out of 36 isn't bad. While I don't need more of him, he's an army builder, so I could absorb him into the collection.

WV5 there are NO extras and wv6 there are only 3 extras I'll have.

So when I factor in those two cases that's really 5 cases or 60 figs with only 4 unwanted. Averaging the cost per case and shipping I'm STILL saving over retail, not to mention the gas, time and frustration saved.

Why more of us don't do this I don't know. I rarely buy from Target now and only slightly more from Wal*Mart. TRU I buy the most from as far as retail goes. That's for a couple reasons. One, I want a toy store around to compete with the big guys and to "keep them honest," two-in my case, I get money back for gas when I buy gift cards fro TRU whereas that's not the case with Target or WM.

Even EE's price per case plus shipping still manages to work out for most people. The few extras as mentioned can usually be traded with or sold to other collectors (again AT COST-don't screw over your fellow collector).

Really the gas is key here. Why not have the figs come to you and have the e-tailers/delivery work for you in that respect, rather than you having to work harder to get your collection?
The time factor while minor for me, does mean I get to spend more time with my fiancee or on the net or whatever. But not hunting down figs that may not be there.
The frustration of not finding said figures had always bothered me. So this is key to my health as well. Why should I get nervous over some figures? Ordering online takes that out of the equation and I can just sit back and let it come to me.

I order online to eliminate the GTF factor. (Gas/Time/Frustration)

Those of you who still like the hunt, more power to you, just please don't complain when you can't find stuff as there are plenty of alternatives, many of which can help you in your quest to add to your collection.

I still hunt a little, but it's no longer a priority for me.

-Sal

Sinscia Fat'o
09-17-2007, 02:30 PM
This is what I keep saying as well. I order cases through Razors Edge.

I get them for $75 then shipping.

Shipping is:
$7 for one case
$10-11 for two cases
$14 or so for three cases

So that's STILL less than retail.
AND
if I get a few figs I don't want I either trade or sell them (at cost). In the 3 cases I've bought from them, I've not had any extra figs but one and that was the Galactic Marine in the WV4 case. So one fig out of 36 isn't bad. While I don't need more of him, he's an army builder, so I could absorb him into the collection.

WV5 there are NO extras and wv6 there are only 3 extras I'll have.

So when I factor in those two cases that's really 5 cases or 60 figs with only 4 unwanted. Averaging the cost per case and shipping I'm STILL saving over retail, not to mention the gas, time and frustration saved.

Why more of us don't do this I don't know. I rarely buy from Target now and only slightly more from Wal*Mart. TRU I buy the most from as far as retail goes. That's for a couple reasons. One, I want a toy store around to compete with the big guys and to "keep them honest," two-in my case, I get money back for gas when I buy gift cards fro TRU whereas that's not the case with Target or WM.

Even EE's price per case plus shipping still manages to work out for most people. The few extras as mentioned can usually be traded with or sold to other collectors (again AT COST-don't screw over your fellow collector).

Really the gas is key here. Why not have the figs come to you and have the e-tailers/delivery work for you in that respect, rather than you having to work harder to get your collection?
The time factor while minor for me, does mean I get to spend more time with my fiancee or on the net or whatever. But not hunting down figs that may not be there.
The frustration of not finding said figures had always bothered me. So this is key to my health as well. Why should I get nervous over some figures? Ordering online takes that out of the equation and I can just sit back and let it come to me.

I order online to eliminate the GTF factor. (Gas/Time/Frustration)

Those of you who still like the hunt, more power to you, just please don't complain when you can't find stuff as there are plenty of alternatives, many of which can help you in your quest to add to your collection.

I still hunt a little, but it's no longer a priority for me.

-Sal

The hunt for figures used to be great when hasbro and retail actually had their heads on straight. But with gas prices being close to 3 bucks a gallon in my area...and my car being a gas guzzler... It was becoming frustrating to say the least. After taking a look at EE's catalog i done the math and seen i was going to save cash by just ordering cases, almost 7 bucks not to mention my time, which in my case isnt valueable but it's nice to have to pursue other intrests, i jumped at the chance. I ordered four cases and have had 4 extra figures thus far (I also have yet to recieve my case for Wave 4, which will have maybe one extra), It's the way to go, online shopping is the next wave of the future, why not go ahead and jump ship so to speak and leave retail hunting for whenever im in a store and decide to go and check out the star wars section, or when ever im on break or something? I gotta thank Concept MCFett for inspiring me to go this route because everyone who got one at retail in my area threw the damn thing on ebay to earn cash. But everything you said Sal was straight to the point, i tell everyone i know that collects to give online stores a try, since it saves so many reasources, and does away with any frustration you may have trying to hunt these critters down.

Kidhuman
09-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Some at Amazon right now: Hermie Odle, Malak, Roron Corrob

http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Figure-Kotor-Darth-Malak/dp/B000M6B416/ref=pd_rhf_p_1/105-2178182-4935663

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Basic-Figure-Momaw-Nadon/dp/B000M6F1C4/ref=pd_rhf_p_2/105-2178182-4935663

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Basic-Figure-Hermie/dp/B000M6F1AG/ref=pd_rhf_p_3/105-2178182-4935663

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Basic-Figure-Kybuck/dp/B000M6CYKQ/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_8/105-2178182-4935663?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1V6NJKEM77Q0MFJWVAPH&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_p=258372101&pf_rd_i=list

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Basic-Figure-C-3PO/dp/B000M6F1AQ/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_9/105-2178182-4935663?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1V6NJKEM77Q0MFJWVAPH&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_p=258372101&pf_rd_i=list

Edit: added Yoda/Kybuck and C3PO and Crumb links

tagmac
09-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Those prices are ridiculous, though. And I can imagine how much of a ripoff McLeia will be. Add it all up, and suddenly a case with a few doubles doesn't sound so bad from an economic standpoint.

Boy do I miss the days when amazon sold toys through TRU rather than the secondary market.

Kidhuman
09-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Some of them arent that bad, if you factor in gas and all it can come ot the same price after hunting them down at retail. I didnt bother with the Leia or the McVader as they are well over 20 bucks apiece.

Battle Droid
09-17-2007, 08:49 PM
I'll wait until Amazon.com is selling them instead of them selling someone elses toys.;)

JEDIpartner
09-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Some of them arent that bad, if you factor in gas and all it can come ot the same price after hunting them down at retail. I didnt bother with the Leia or the McVader as they are well over 20 bucks apiece.

YIKES!!!!!!!

waboritas
09-19-2007, 01:08 PM
I couldn't agree with Sal more. Another alternative with any extras from case packs is to return them at retail for a credit or even exchange (gift card). I work right next to a Target, so I pop in once or twice a week and make a quick Target run first thing on Saturday mornings to 2 or 3 stores each for fun, but I must admit that getting Wave 4 in the mail was a lot better than going out and trying to track it down (still have not seen it in my area, although I have not been in hot pursuit).

jamesbondo07
09-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Is it just me or is the hood for Yoda a little big. I think it makes him look like an elf. Especially since it is cone shaped.

Qui-Long Gone
09-20-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't know how this happened but I picked up the new (old) Boba Fett, Roron and Yoda/Kybuck for $5 each at Walmart....weird but I'll take those prices any day!!!!

TheRealDubya
09-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Is it just me or is the hood for Yoda a little big. I think it makes him look like an elf. Especially since it is cone shaped.

It's totally a little big and if quite elfin, but I love that they put holes in for his ears and lightsaber sheath.

After opening my Wave 5 last night, I think this Yoda is my favorite, with Hermi next. Standing them next to each other is a funny contrast in size (Yoda and Salacious are almost articulated miniatures.) I love that they gave Hermi's mouth articulation. What a fun wave.

Qui-Long Gone
09-21-2007, 07:24 PM
It's totally a little big and if quite elfin, but I love that they put holes in for his ears and lightsaber sheath.

After opening my Wave 5 last night, I think this Yoda is my favorite, with Hermi next. Standing them next to each other is a funny contrast in size (Yoda and Salacious are almost articulated miniatures.) I love that they gave Hermi's mouth articulation. What a fun wave.

I was looking over the Yoda and one thing I've noticed is that Yoda, like Grevious, always has a funny scale (think OTC Degobah next to AOTC). I do like this figure alot, even with the elf look...but I still think that for likeness the best Yoda to date has to be one of the POTF figures....I think they try too hard on Yoda's face...that's what made the original puppet so effective.

Great Wave!!!!

figrin bran
09-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Great wave indeed QLG!

I've just opened everything from it except for 3PO. I haven't had this much fun opening up SW figs in a long time! Starkiller, Hermi, Pre Cyborg, Kybuck + Yoda are all winners. I really like Roron too though there's a personal avatar based bias there.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-22-2007, 01:11 PM
I liked the entire wave myself except for two things, my Roron has issues i dont know if this is on all figures but mine will not stand by himself because his feet are angled at each other...that kinda of sucked though the figure looks great.

And Revan....no soft goods...no knee articulation....

Qui-Long Gone
09-23-2007, 06:17 PM
I liked the entire wave myself except for two things, my Roron has issues i dont know if this is on all figures but mine will not stand by himself because his feet are angled at each other...that kinda of sucked though the figure looks great.

And Revan....no soft goods...no knee articulation....

Roron's feet can swivel...they're tight but they do move...I will say my figs elbow articulation is really loose though....like ROTS Securra's knees

AmanaMatt
09-24-2007, 01:30 AM
Hermie was the 'must buy' fig of this wave, though I love the Starkiller fig and the Concept Vader....Yoda is a fun fig as well and probably the best value in this entire wave (no one can complain about Hermie either, given his sheer size, though a tad too much soft goods for my tastes)

mericen
10-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Today, I finally found Wave 5, or at least part of the wave. The Wal-Mart in Springfield, Ohio, had Yoda on Kybuck, and the C-3PO with Salacious Crumb, but that was all. The bad thing is, in stores in central Ohio, I have still only seen part of wave 4, mostly at Meijer. They have had CZ-4, and Luke, Jabba's Palace, and that is all. It is a little annoying. But I did find 3 of the Galactic Hunt figures, too. So that was not a bad thing, I guess.

Qui-Long Gone
10-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Today, I finally found Wave 5, or at least part of the wave. The Wal-Mart in Springfield, Ohio, had Yoda on Kybuck, and the C-3PO with Salacious Crumb, but that was all. The bad thing is, in stores in central Ohio, I have still only seen part of wave 4, mostly at Meijer. They have had CZ-4, and Luke, Jabba's Palace, and that is all. It is a little annoying. But I did find 3 of the Galactic Hunt figures, too. So that was not a bad thing, I guess.

When I lived in that part of Ohio I always had good luck finding stuff in Beavercreek and Dayton...Springfiled (except the Meijer near the mall) was usually a waste of time (sometimes the Toys R Us was good).....:thumbsup:

Luuuuuuke
10-05-2007, 12:19 AM
This is the one wave that has eluded me. I found wave 4 and wave 6. But only two of wave 5, the Yoda and the hammerheaded dude.

DarkJedi5
10-05-2007, 02:12 AM
This is the one wave that has eluded me. I found wave 4 and wave 6. But only two of wave 5, the Yoda and the hammerheaded dude.

How did you find wave 6?! I preordered wave 5 and haven't even had it ship yet and I've only seen Luke and Jabba's drummer from wave 4 at retail. My area must really blow.

MASTERKESSLER
10-05-2007, 02:39 AM
Just got back from Wal-Mart where I hit the mother load. I found seven cases of figures. Two cases of wave four, one wave five, one wave six and three legends. They where all on palets waiting to be put on pegs. So I helped myself. I got both Darths, Starkiller, McVader, 2 McSnowtrooper, Grievous, Hermi, and CZ-4. Normal I am not out that late but I was out with friends and need somethings at the store so I stopped by the toys. When I was opening the cases, I would open one and put it out and then I would go get another one. When I was done I went back to the palet put the boxes in a cart that was there and headed back to the shelfs to look at the transformers and an employee came up to me and asked if I had opened the cases, and I said no that I found it that way. The employee said good because if it had been you then you would have been banned from Wal-Mart and that it was considered steeling. Needless to say that I hurried up and made my purchases and got out of there before they could look at the cameras. I wont be going back to that Wal-Mart for a while!

Tycho
10-05-2007, 04:00 AM
Um, it's NOT stealing. You know what stealing would be. You paid for your figures. You committed no crime and the employee might have been able to ask for security to escort you leaving, but you're a customer and you're there to buy - which you did.

But you handled it well regardless. What is an employee going to do? Argue with you. "NO! You opened those cases and you're lying about it!" That's even worse customer service than refusing to stock for you if you want something on a pallet.

DarkArtist
10-05-2007, 07:19 AM
i was able to get McVader, Hermie Oldie, Yoda and Kybuck, CZ-4, at Walmart last night. also picked up some fo Wave 6 as well, found Han Torture rack, Lando Smuggler and 4-lom, alonng with some of the new Legends figures including, two variations of the Sandtrooper, Clean white sergeant and orange shoulder version, grey clone commander, and UGH Concept Fett and UGH Vader.

MASTERKESSLER
10-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Um, it's NOT stealing. You know what stealing would be. You paid for your figures. You committed no crime and the employee might have been able to ask for security to escort you leaving, but you're a customer and you're there to buy - which you did.

But you handled it well regardless. What is an employee going to do? Argue with you. "NO! You opened those cases and you're lying about it!" That's even worse customer service than refusing to stock for you if you want something on a pallet.

Ok, I know I lied but I thought it was the right thing to do at the time. I did not want it to turn into a heated debate. I just wanted the figures. If I would have said yes, I think that they would have taken the figures back and made me leave. I have never had a problem with opening cases on palets before. When I worked at Wal-Mart I would let people open them all the time.

Droid
10-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Just got back from Wal-Mart where I hit the mother load. I found seven cases of figures. Two cases of wave four, one wave five, one wave six and three legends. They where all on palets waiting to be put on pegs. So I helped myself. I got both Darths, Starkiller, McVader, 2 McSnowtrooper, Grievous, Hermi, and CZ-4. Normal I am not out that late but I was out with friends and need somethings at the store so I stopped by the toys. When I was opening the cases, I would open one and put it out and then I would go get another one. When I was done I went back to the palet put the boxes in a cart that was there and headed back to the shelfs to look at the transformers and an employee came up to me and asked if I had opened the cases, and I said no that I found it that way. The employee said good because if it had been you then you would have been banned from Wal-Mart and that it was considered steeling. Needless to say that I hurried up and made my purchases and got out of there before they could look at the cameras. I wont be going back to that Wal-Mart for a while!

I had a similar experience at a different Walmart yesterday where they let me open the cases and buy what I wanted. It is not stealing; I would like to know how they can define that as stealing. They would have had to tackle me to get the figures from me. I would like to know how exactly they ban someone from Walmart. And you even saved them some time by putting figures you didn't want on the pegs for them (which I have done before). It is STEALING to put items from a box on the pegs and to purchase some? What the heck?

Old Fossil
10-05-2007, 11:32 AM
When I was done I went back to the palet put the boxes in a cart that was there and headed back to the shelfs to look at the transformers and an employee came up to me and asked if I had opened the cases, and I said no that I found it that way. The employee said good because if it had been you then you would have been banned from Wal-Mart and that it was considered steeling. Needless to say that I hurried up and made my purchases and got out of there before they could look at the cameras. I wont be going back to that Wal-Mart for a while!

If anyone's lying it's that employee. If merchandise is out on the sales floor it's fair game, whether it's on a pallet or on pegs or just lying on the floor. That employee ought to be reported to a manager for threatening a customer like that. With the abysmal customer service record of Wal-Mart of late, I would think that they'd be doing their best to make the customer happy and avoid unpleasant, unwarranted confrontations such as in your case. It's too bad that your stellar haul was somewhat tainted by having to go through a bad experience with that employee. But congrats on your awesome find!!!:thumbsup:

MASTERKESSLER
10-05-2007, 12:05 PM
It's too bad that your stellar haul was somewhat tainted by having to go through a bad experience with that employee. But congrats on your awesome find!!!:thumbsup:

I might have handled it differently but it was an elderly women and Wal-Mart employees have it hard enough.

When I left I was excited about my find and still am because I am now caught up until wave 7 which i ordered from Brain's Toys one of each figure. Why I started with wave 7 I don't know.

Droid
10-05-2007, 12:57 PM
If I could find CZ-4 and the McQuarrie Vader I'd be caught up.

Kidhuman
10-05-2007, 03:56 PM
As someone who did store security, the definition of stealing is this:

Unpaid merchandise being taken passed all points of purchase. At that point it is considered stealing. Some states define it as once merch. is concealed it is stealing, but most Loss Prevention staffs wait for the person to pass all the registers.

What you did is not stealing. The employee was wrong for saying that. Raid pallets I say, I do it. The merchandise does not make money sitting in the box.

Luuuuuuke
10-05-2007, 07:25 PM
There's no upside to getting into a heated argument with an employee over a toy. Even if you're right, it's just an all around lose-lose proposition. Having said that, if I were to be accused of stealing or something like that, I would definitely have a firm response. But you have to be in control. Jawing with an employee... bad idea.

When I got busted a couple of nights ago by that angry stocker, I was very polite. She was passive aggressive more than anything else. You know how it is, when they say "excuse me," but what they really mean is, "Hey you bastard!"

I don't like having to raid boxes, but with so many scalpers around ready to, not to mention a few unscrupulous employees, you snooze, you lose. I'm not going to show up at 4 a.m. to find action figures.

NOW, if an employee caught a collector stashing a batch of action figures, I wouldn't blame the employee for getting on the collector. Don't get me wrong, I've stashed a few times(I'm not much of a stasher), but I don't think I could in good conscious get angry if an employee gave me a tough time if he caught me doing that(as long as he or she was not overtly rude). On every level, a store and an employee has a right to be annoyed by that.

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 11:26 PM
I believe customers opening boxes is against company policies because of 2 reasons:
A) insurance risks, customers could hurt themselves on the case edges. :rolleyes:
B) not all product on the pallets is meant to hit shelves right away, some is held back for special promotions like endcaps or sales, sometimes there's just not enough peg space.

Ultimately, I hate pulling product from cases, but I'll do it occasionally. However, it's ABSOLUTELY not stealing.

Luuuuuuke
10-06-2007, 12:12 PM
I believe customers opening boxes is against company policies because of 2 reasons:
A) insurance risks, customers could hurt themselves on the case edges. :rolleyes:
B) not all product on the pallets is meant to hit shelves right away, some is held back for special promotions like endcaps or sales, sometimes there's just not enough peg space.

If insurance was a reason(which it probably is) it would be ironic, because Wal-Mart apparently isn't concerned about stockers rushing with 1,000 pounds of merchandise through already clogged aisles almost trampling people:D Wal-Mart's a pretty dangerous place. Opening a case is the safest thing you can do.

I found remnants of wave 5 last night, but I didn't get them because I ordered a case from EE, so unless I find all of them, I'm not canceling.

Blue2th
10-06-2007, 12:44 PM
I just did the Graveyard shift Walmart pallet-pickin's run. Every Walmart store's pallet that had a box of Star Wars figures, had already been opened.
So the way I see it is if you don't do it someone else will.

I didn't find anything worthwhile but an extra General McQuarrie, yellow Clone Officer, and some red Pit Droids.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-07-2007, 12:32 AM
I ventured south to Mount Vernon & Burlington. I hadn't been down there in a while and hadn't seen much new here lately. Wal-Mart had a bit of wave 4 & 5, but no concept figures. Those are about the only ones I need since I'm getting cases from EE. I did find a Yellow Clone Officer so I did get that. This was the first time I'd seen seen the Roron Corrob & shirtless Anakin. That's the highest # figure I've seen yet. I don't think Yoda was there, and I still haven't seen concept Vader, Hermi, and perhaps C-3PO & Crumb in person.

tagmac
10-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Found half of Wave 5 last weekend at Wal-Mart, almost by accident. I had gone looking for the new GI Joe figs in the evening, and wlaked down to the SW section, and staring at me is a McLeia Starkiller figure. Grabbed that, and looking through the pegs, I managed to find Threepio/Crumb, Yoda/Kybuck, and Shirtless Anakin. Since I found the Starkiller, and really don't want every figure in the case, I cancelled my order from EE and overpaid for a Hermi Odle on amazon. No sign of Roron, Greivous, or the two Darths, but to save money, I'll skip them unless I come accross them at retail (although if HTS gets in the Greivous, I might order that one).

DarkArtist
10-14-2007, 07:33 PM
still need both Darth's, Anakin, Grievous and McLeia for this wave. have only seen it once in the stores but have been seeing Wave 6 multiple times.

Qui-Long Gone
10-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Good weekend....found Hermi finally and there were several other figs at the local Toys R Us....which around here is VERY UNUSUAL....they just opened a Baby's R Us (you can get babies there) so I think as part of the grand opening they got in a boat load of other stuff too....

Ji'dai
10-15-2007, 08:38 PM
My TRU just had their grand opening for the new Babies R Us addition too, though the only new figures they had were Wave 4 R 1 (cases were cherry picked before they got to the pegs) and Legends Waves 1 & 2. My TRU runs about two waves behind Wal-Mart. I've seen waves 4, 5, and 6 and Legends 3 several times at WM already.

waboritas
10-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Was in Tucson this week on business, and being from Boston, figured I would check out the Target and Walmart Star Wars scene on the Left Coast. Had several pegs of Saga '06 figs at Target. Got to Walmart around 9:00 PM and they had a decent Star Wars selection. Then to my surprise I found the mother pallet of pallets. All Star Wars 30th. Anniversary Collection cases 6' high. First I pulled Wave 6 off the bottom of the pallet and took the Lando, Han, General McQuarie, and the McSnowtrooper. Passed on 4-Lom even though I could use him. Then I opened to boxes that said Wave 5, but were Wave 5 of the Saga Legends. Then I struck gold when I put the two Saga Legends boxes back and got the 30th Anniversary Wave 5 Rev. 1 Case! I didn't need the Stormtrooper or McFett and left the 3P0 behind (as I needed to fit everything in 1 box to ship back to Boston).

Haven't really been hunting lately as I got Wave 4 from Star Wars Shop, but the cost came to $84 with tax. FedEx Express Saver shipping is going to run me about $7-8 (although the courtesy rate was $5.75). That being said, with the cost of gas and your time (which we all know is money and very valuable) as I've said before, you are better off just ordering from Entertainment Earth or the like. I consider my experience Monday night the exception rather than the norm.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-20-2007, 11:49 AM
My wave 5 case from EE is finally on its way, but I just realized I don't have wave 4 yet. I double checked to be sure I had ordered that, and indeed I have. So, wave 5 is on its way while wave 4 is still backordered.

DarkArtist
10-20-2007, 11:00 PM
found the Anakin the other night and have to say I like the figure. I mean they gave us the wrong color on the pants but the damaged hand makes up for it. Hasbro also screwed up on the write-up on the cardback. it says that Anakin has the tatoos placed on his body after he sees the visions in the cave, when it happened before. Oh well, still a great figure.

Now all I need is the 2 Darths, Greivous, and Starkiller

orionlukteel
10-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Now all I need is the 2 Darths, Greivous, and Starkiller

Add Hermie Odle and you have my remaining wants for the line to date.:thumbsup:

jedibear
10-21-2007, 11:56 PM
By the most amazing luck, I wandered into my area WM on friday afternoon before work and the toy section was being re-stocked and...one fresh case of SW30 figures sitting on the pallet...I nearly passed out! WAVE 5! AT LAST!

No openers for me yet, but I have at least one of each in this wave now and...wow! I gotta say this is the BEST wave in this collection so far! Not a dud in the lot...a great variety of characters from many different aspects of SW from movies to TV to the EU. Even the few kit-bashes in this wave are done with fun and style.

My absolute favorite is Herme Odle...not as garish looking with the purple "in person" as I was expecting from some of the photos posted around the net...and he's huge...the biggest bubble we've seen since his palace buddy Ephant Mon. Great figure!

I also really like the Pre-Cyborg Grievous...really wicked looking. The two EU-inspired "Darths" look a lot cooler than I expected too...almost a little too un-Star Wars looking in design, but still really interesting as figures.

The Yoda/Kybuck is another figure in this line that features another great large "accessory" that is bigger and and as cool as the main character it's packed with...

The Anakin is good...the Roron Cobb figure is inspired fun and the Threepio is a unique version that we've not seen before (really like the obvious silver leg and green goo) and will display well with the Jabba Palace group of figures....

The McQuarrie Starkiiler figure is one of the most "accurate" painting-to-figure releases in this sub-line yet....

I am really impressed with this wave...glad the collector "force" was with me on this one!

mericen
10-22-2007, 12:17 AM
I have finally found other parts of wave 5, at two Wal-Marts in Dayton, and at the Wal-Mart in Urbana, Ohio. But I have still not seen both Darths, Grievous and Starkiller Hero. But I did find 4 figures from wave 6. The only one I did not see was General McQuarie. This was at the Wal-Mart on Dorothy Lane, in Dayton.

tagmac
10-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Has anyone been finding this wave lately? Since finding half the wave nearly a month ago, I've seen nothing but tons of Wave 4 at TRU, Legends at WM, and NOTHING new at Target. Keeping my eyes open for the Greivous, which is going for ridiculous prices on amazon.

Battle Droid
10-29-2007, 10:01 PM
I've never seen this wave.

JetsAndHeels
10-29-2007, 10:20 PM
I've never seen this wave.

I haven't either, but recently I have gotten interested in SW toys again...I am going to start checking after work during the week now.

Kidhuman
10-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Hasbro said it is still shipping. but someone in LA has now found wave 7.

DarkJedi5
10-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Just today I saw Han on torture rack, smuggler Lando, 4-LOM, and Gen McQ. I've barely seen any of wave 4 and the only McFig I've seen was Chewie. Maybe it's just my area but it's almost impossible to find anything on the pegs.

Blue2th
10-30-2007, 06:01 AM
I usually see left overs of this wave if I see it at all.
Usually it is Roron Corrob and C-3PO.
So it's out there, but it seems Wave 6 is more easily available, except for McSnowy of course.

JediTricks
10-30-2007, 11:50 PM
I found Hermi & 3PO on Target pegs today, nothing else though.

tagmac
10-31-2007, 04:22 PM
HTS has them all up now. Ordered Greivous, Roron, and the two Darths to complete my wave 5 set. Got a free Hoth Han VOTC fig as well as a "gift." Good luck to those who still need these, as I'm sure they won't last long.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-31-2007, 07:43 PM
They didn't have the Starkiller Hero, which is the one I want an extra of to keep carded. They did have Concept Boba & Vader, so I got those two along with another pack of stands.

Blue2th
10-31-2007, 08:27 PM
HTS has them all up now. Ordered Greivous, Roron, and the two Darths to complete my wave 5 set. Got a free Hoth Han VOTC fig as well as a "gift." Good luck to those who still need these, as i'm sure they won't last long.

Managed to get a Pre-Cyborg Grievous, McQuarrie Stormtrooper, and a Starkiller Hero.
I could have gotten both Darths, but I had already found two excellent carded and openers as well.

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
11-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Made a small stink at Target today - 8 pegs for TAC and 4 for SL, SL filled all the pegs so I told them to bring me some TAC (the SKUs were the key to making this work), they brought me a miserable handful of figures from a raided case that was the only item in stock. 2 Yoda/Kybucks, 3PO, Roron Corobb, and Darth Malak. I pegged the others and kept Malak.

Boring figure all around, the head is an old guy and the body is an odd shape with a '70s unitard plus a loincloth for an outfit. The build is unusual for a SW figure, wide shoulders and very narrow hips, it's somewhat realistic but looks scrawny this way. An alright use of diagonal-cut elbows, articulation on the rest is ok but not astounding. Ultimately, not as good as it could be.

DarthQuack
11-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Only found the first four figures of this Wave....hopefully that I'll find the rest soon.

JediTricks
11-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Wampaslayr stashed me a Starkiller Hero, so I have one of those, haven't opened it yet though. But man, you look at the art on the card and then look at the figure's melon, and she's got a HUGE head! Her head is probably double the size it should be. And she's SO long-legged too, it's weird.

figrin bran
11-05-2007, 02:14 AM
Wampaslayr stashed me a Starkiller Hero, so I have one of those, haven't opened it yet though. But man, you look at the art on the card and then look at the figure's melon, and she's got a HUGE head! Her head is probably double the size it should be. And she's SO long-legged too, it's weird.

Maybe it's the head coverings that fool you into thinking the head is that large?

Long legged females seem all the rage in the 25th Joe line

DarkArtist
11-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Finally picked up the rest of this wave this morning. The toy Department manager pulled me aside and gave me first crack at all the new cases that came into the store. picked up RA-7, Black R4 unit, Concept Grievous, Starkiller Hero, Darth Raven and an UGN Airborne Trooper.

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Maybe it's the head coverings that fool you into thinking the head is that large?

Long legged females seem all the rage in the 25th Joe lineNo, it's the size of her head in comparison to the shoulders and torso, it's totally out of proportion.

I found a second of this, my opener, so I did. This is an odd situation, it's a pretty good figure but the likeness to the art is way off. Starting with the head, it's oversized, the hair is wrong, the eyes are way wrong, and the chin is too pointy. Then there's the neckline of the jumpsuit, they designed it as a neck-height collar when the art has a wide open neckline. There's a separate piece above the jumpsuit, this is not present at all in the art, though its molded binoculars ARE. And they purpled up the jumpsuit (even in the art) for whatever reason, I guess 'cause she's a gurl!

Still, the figure on its own is pretty good, it's got the removable-blade lightsaber again, a removable hat-thing (her head has to come off to remove it), a removable oxygen pack with mask that goes over her face, the blaster that fits in the holster, and some decent articulation. The holster's a little wonky, it's sculpted for another weapon so the gun is a bit tall for it, but it's the right gun so I forgive. The piece over the torso is a little weird, it has slots to tab into on the belt but they pop out very easily.

Tycho
11-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Dang if you guys are so lucky at finding this figure up in LA, (Starkiller) please pick up some for me! I could use 5 more as long as the paint job's good and the accessories are all there (the figures can be loose, IOW)

orionlukteel
11-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Y'know, I had yet to see anything substantial from Wave 5 until yesterday, and even then there were no Darths, no Anakin, no Grievous, and no Starkillers. On the plus side, it was the first time I've seen Hermie Odle.

That is one HUGE figure! Also one of the fugliest figures I've ever seen, but like the true collector I am, I picked one up anyway.

Now I just have to replace the smashed Anakin I got from HTS and I finally completed Wave 5 - how many months after its release. Sad.