PDA

View Full Version : Smallville Season Seven

Pages : 1 [2]

Droid
03-05-2008, 12:46 PM
I find this very depressing. I will stick with this to the end, but I really hate this show now.

I pretty much think they should just end this season with him going to the Fortress for training and just have next season have him be Superman and maybe do more Justice League stuff.

They have exhausted the training delays and everything they can do with Lana and the barn and the farm and Smallville. If they are going to continue on with this terrible story, just have him be Superman. Heck maybe they could get more than eight seasons out of it if they'd have him become Superman.

Tycho
03-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Droid, did you ever hear, in this thread or elsewhere, that they were never granted the LEGAL AUTHORITY to do Superman?

Warner Bros. reserved that for the Brandon Routh films alone.

Tom Welling was not supposed to be seen in the costume, or flying (as Clark anyway - they got around it when Jor-El possessed Kal-El, or Bizarrio happens, Clark gets on red-K, whatever). But Tom as simple-Clark (the man who actually becomes Superman) is not allowed to fly yet.

No, it's not "stupid," but rather it's legal protection for the movie franchise and also what the Smallville show was designed to lead up to, but not cover.

The Christopher Reeve movies loosely continue the story next. Smallville's intent was never to re-do them.

Droid
03-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Droid, did you ever hear, in this thread or elsewhere, that they were never granted the LEGAL AUTHORITY to do Superman?

Tom Welling was not supposed to be seen in the costume, or flying (as Clark anyway - they got around it when Jor-El possessed Kal-El, or Bizarrio happens, Clark gets on red-K, whatever). But Tom as simple-Clark (the man who actually becomes Superman) is not allowed to fly yet.

No, it's not "stupid," but rather it's legal protection for the movie franchise and also what the Smallville show was designed to lead up to, but not cover.

The Christopher Reeve movies loosely continue the story next. Smallville's intent was never to re-do them.

My point is that the only way I would be interested is if he would become Superman. The show sucks, has sucked for some time, is repetitive, has run out of ideas, and should be put to bed.

Tycho
03-05-2008, 02:55 PM
The show sucks, has sucked for some time, is repetitive, has run out of ideas, and should be put to bed.

I agree with most of that, except the show's first 4 years were intriguing. NOW it has gotten repetitive and even I am thinking it needs to be laid to rest soon - or written better at the very least.

My point is that the only way I would be interested is if he would become Superman.

Then perhaps you should only tune in when they advertise "the series finale."

But it sounds like you've been watching this show anyway - perhaps KNOWING that you'd never get the payoff you want: that of seeing Clark wear the Superman suit and fly. It's written into the authorization of the show, "no flights, no tights." That means no Superman.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Wow, with 8 seasons, this is going to be a case of more bad seasons than good ones, and Clark's gonna be the next Dick Clark - America's oldest teenager. I feel like the show's outstayed its welcome.

I can't argue with that. They really need to think up some decent material to keep veiwers for another season. I just want to see Clark fly already.

Maybe because of the writers' strike they couldn't finish making the disaster they were making this season, so they needed another?

The other thing is, maybe Michael Rosenbaum's contract was episode number specific, so they'll still have him for a certain number of shows next year? I don't know. It's a hope since I think Lex is cool.

Maybe we can expect a shorter 8th season as well - not 22 episodes or so, but rather like 15 - that will bring the series to its conclusion.

They've got what they want with season seven. With the five additional episodes they'll be only two shy of a regular season.

Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, and Kristen Kruek are only signed on for seven seasons at the moment and there is no indication at least to my knowledge of them having a finite amount of eps in their contacts. They'll probalbly get the money they want and sign on for season eight.

I find this very depressing. I will stick with this to the end, but I really hate this show now.

I pretty much think they should just end this season with him going to the Fortress for training and just have next season have him be Superman and maybe do more Justice League stuff.

They have exhausted the training delays and everything they can do with Lana and the barn and the farm and Smallville. If they are going to continue on with this terrible story, just have him be Superman. Heck maybe they could get more than eight seasons out of it if they'd have him become Superman.

Agreed. They have to go in a new direction, that's for sure. I'm tired of Clana, meteor freak of the week and all that same jazz that's been done several times before.

There's no legalalities that are preventing them from turning Clark into Superman or having him fly. In the beginning Al Gough and Miles Millar said they wanted to adopt the no flights/no tights rule to seperate their show from other continuities in the franchise. Also at the time when the show first began, Tom Welling stated he'd never want to wear the costume.

I agree with most of that, except the show's first 4 years were intriguing. NOW it has gotten repetitive and even I am thinking it needs to be laid to rest soon - or written better at the very least.

Then perhaps you should only tune in when they advertise "the series finale."

But it sounds like you've been watching this show anyway - perhaps KNOWING that you'd never get the payoff you want: that of seeing Clark wear the Superman suit and fly. It's written into the authorization of the show, "no flights, no tights." That means no Superman.

The producers have stated that Clark WILL FLY either by the end of season seven or beginning of season eight if they did a season eight. They also said that you would see Superman, even if it was only for 1 or 2 seconds in the final episode.

Edit: I went to Kryptonsite after reading this and I am posting some links to a TV guide article and the spiolers page concerning returning cast members below:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm

http://www.tvguide.com/Ask-Ausiello#01AA

Droid
03-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Golly, five days later and no one has anything to say about the Pete episode.

I was glad that Pete was back; he was a part of a better time period on the show.

Why exactly was Lionel at the house at the beginning of the episode? He and Lana are cool now? Seems like he was just there so Pete could be shocked he was there.

I kind of thought Pete and Chloe might kiss, guess not.

Haven't they done Kryptonite gum before? I thought the product placement was over the top.

Why is there a river of Kryptonite in a gum factory? How did Clark destroy it?

I love how sometimes a piece of Kryptonite knocks Clark down and he can't do anything. Then he's in this factory, starts to get affected by Krytponite, moves boxes to see it and gets closer to it before he backs away.

Does Pete know they started calling it Kryptonite?

The ending of the episode is just the kind of thing that makes me crazy with the "is Lex evil yet" arguments? He had tied Pete up, was torturing him, and maybe broke Pete's arm. Clark runs in and knocks everyone out. But next week it will be the same old, is there still good in Lex nonsense.

Why does Lex need Pete to get into Luthorcorp? Again, no cameras in Lionel's office? And when did Lex lose all trace of subtlety? OK, I'll just torture Pete in a warehouse where a party is going on to get a bracelet?

Actually this was a better episode than many. But the writing was still incredibly sloppy.

Tycho
03-18-2008, 12:03 PM
I missed the episode and only caught clips from it online.

It looked good, but what I saw was fragmented.

I buy the seasons on DVD so I'll catch up with it eventually.

Many of the shows aren't groundbreaking any more, as it sounds this one wasn't, so I don't feel like I need to have seen this in order to watch the next new episode.

Now having the shows on DVD, like this works for Season 4 with the quest for the stones, helps the overall "saga" make more sense when you watch it all back-to-back without seasonal hiatuses, etc.

I THINK the show has been pretty inconsistent with its writing, but when I can watch all of it in order without interruption, I could better re-evaluate that.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Ever since Lost returned, I've been missing Smallville and Supernatural. I did record some of the Supernatural episodes, but didn't get around to watching them, and have no more room to record without getting out another tape and figuring out whether I can record over it or not.

Tycho
03-18-2008, 08:27 PM
I can't get my VCR to work without its original remote to program it, and I don't think it functions with DirectTV anyway.

They want you to pay for the Tivo system. I don't think I have that since I didn't want to pay extra for it.

I only watch 3 TV shows anyway:

Terminator (which wasn't even on when I first ordered my DirectTV).

Smallville (which will end probably after next - 8th - season).

The Shield (which will air its final season this spring / summer).

I try to write and be productive and not vegetate in front of what another writer got paid for, so I don't even WANT to start watching any other shows. That's why I avoid following them.

I became a fan of my 3 by accident (though I do watch politics on every news channel like a junkie).

Terminator I was introduced to by the movies, and they debuted the show at Comic Con. It's been awesome.

My little brother insisted I watch The Shield and I got hooked 5 years ago.

Smallville was being screened in my comics shop and I fell in love with Kristin and dug the Luthors acting like the Soprano family. Add in "Bo Duke," and you had me intrigued. I also never watched Dawson's Creek, so this would suffice. BTW, I later learned the show is about young Superman. Who'd have thought?

Mad Slanted Powers
03-18-2008, 08:39 PM
For another $10 a month I think I could get DVR functionality from my cable box, but I haven't bothered to do it.

Tycho
03-18-2008, 08:44 PM
$10 a month is $120 a year.

DVD box sets are about $45 each.

The Shield
+
Smallville
+
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles
-----------------------------------------
$135

So why spend $255 for both? That's what I figured.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-18-2008, 09:27 PM
$10 a month is $120 a year.

DVD box sets are about $45 each.

The Shield
+
Smallville
+
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles
-----------------------------------------
$135

So why spend $255 for both? That's what I figured.

That's alot of money for something that will be out on DVD in a few months anyway.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-18-2008, 09:38 PM
I'd probably record a lot more than $120 worth of stuff during a year, and I'm not likely to buy DVD sets. I've never been a big buyer of movies and series. I've still not watched a lot of the stuff I have bought.

InsaneJediGirl
03-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Clark wont fly in the series. I dont think it will last that long, its low on fan boy power.

Tycho
03-19-2008, 12:41 AM
That's alot of money for something that will be out on DVD in a few months anyway.

That's my point. I can save the $120 on TiVo as I'm going to spend $135 on DVDs anyway.

I'm saying, don't spend on both.

JediTricks
03-19-2008, 01:00 AM
Golly, five days later and no one has anything to say about the Pete episode.Actually, I had intended to pop on and write up a scathing commentary that night, but I had to get to sleep early because I had a busy weekend.

Why is there a river of Kryptonite in a gum factory? How did Clark destroy it?Not only are these questions valid, but also, how is there kryptonite in Metropolis?!? Especially in those quantities?

I love how sometimes a piece of Kryptonite knocks Clark down and he can't do anything. Then he's in this factory, starts to get affected by Krytponite, moves boxes to see it and gets closer to it before he backs away.Don't forget Pete leaving krytponite on Clark's chest under the impression it'll only immobilize him for HOURS.

Does Pete know they started calling it Kryptonite?He did know it before, but I thought that was odd that he says it right in front of Jimmy!

The ending of the episode is just the kind of thing that makes me crazy with the "is Lex evil yet" arguments? He had tied Pete up, was torturing him, and maybe broke Pete's arm. Clark runs in and knocks everyone out. But next week it will be the same old, is there still good in Lex nonsense.Yeah, that ending was ridiculous... all the endings on this episode were.

Why does Lex need Pete to get into Luthorcorp? Again, no cameras in Lionel's office? And when did Lex lose all trace of subtlety? OK, I'll just torture Pete in a warehouse where a party is going on to get a bracelet?A bracelet that Pete may not have found - like his dad leaves EVERYTHING in that vault, nothing in any other building, nooooo.

Actually this was a better episode than many. But the writing was still incredibly sloppy.I hated this episode, the writing was so way out there I thought for a while it might have been written by a Stride Gum junior marketing exec. Pete's a total douchebag throughout 90% of the episode for no discernible reason, he's positively d*ckish in his juvenile pursuit of heroism. Oh, but at least his krypto-gum also affected his CLOTHES! And good thing Kara and Jimmy were right there and taking a photo at exactly the right time - and good thing Kara's super powers are totally disappeared. Clark's behavior towards Kara makes zero sense, but at least the writers once again have a woman that could break Clark in Lex's arms. Geez that was stupid. And Chloe keeping her important personal research and info on her networked work computer? That's ridiculous, that's utterly stupid considering this character's knowledge of computers. Oh, but Pete who is a kinda average guy somehow gets his hands on an uber-virus and immediately delivers it into Lex's personal laptop?!? And all the impact of Chloe's discovery was pretty much thrown out the window after it was done being "important". Ugh, and that ending when Pete just gets all happy again, nice character evolution - friend, jerk, total douche, content for no real reason. But hey, at least Lionel was there for no reason to be awkward, and then we don't get any payoff with Clark & Lionel, only a hint.

They shouldn't have even FILMED this episode.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-19-2008, 08:20 PM
They shouldn't have even FILMED this episode.

No kidding. A completly stupid episode, and a really dumb way to bring Pete back, even if only for one episode.

BTW, none of you seemed to mention the fact that they ripped Pete's power off from a Marvel superhero. That was my POV anyway, and he looked more like that than anything form the DC universe.

Super crappy episode. :mad:

Edit: Oh and BTW Tycho, concerning what you said about paying for the Tivo and DVDs. You can eventually get a sale on the DVDs so you'd probably be spending less than Tivo.

JediTricks
03-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Actually, DC had used it first before Mr Fantastic, Jimmy Olsen first in 1959 became Elastic Lad (2 years before the Fantastic Four), and it kept happening over and over to him through various means afterwards. Stupid Silver Age. :p Of course, Plastic Man back in the '40s was really first with this, and he was popular back then, before DC bought the character.

Tycho
03-19-2008, 09:44 PM
What does "the silver age" mean?

Were there other "ages?"

JediTricks
03-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Golden Age of Comic Books: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Age_of_Comic_Books

Silver Age: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Age_of_Comic_Books

Bronze Age: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Age_of_Comic_Books

Modern Age: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Age_of_Comic_Books

The Silver Age had some very good ideas, but also some really stupid ones like anything where Lois Lane or Jimmy Olsen gets super powers... which is A LOT!

Jedi_Kal-El
03-21-2008, 01:16 AM
The Silver Age had some very good ideas, but also some really stupid ones like anything where Lois Lane or Jimmy Olsen gets super powers... which is A LOT!

Now you know why alot of ordinary joes on Smallville end up with powers.

Edit: I know DC had characters with stretch powers JT, but what I said, or at least meant was that the approach with Pete seemed more Marvel-Esque to me.

Tycho
03-21-2008, 06:35 AM
I liked the new episode a lot.

I wonder if the meteor freak hunter that Clark originally put in Belle Reeve was supposed to have been sprung out of the psycho ward for this one, but they couldn't get that actor so they went with a former 33.1 employee instead. Recurring characters are more powerful in my POV.

But it was a good show.

Another thing is Lionnel. I don't know what he was up to, his old self or his new one, but a scene where Clark throws a temper-tantrum and destroys something because he is so angry with Lionnel might be appropriate after that kryptonite torture cage.

I'm actually predicting that next week the show will write their relationship as normal and everyone will sit around the Kent Farm kitchen table for a coffee break.

Honestly, I know Clark becomes Superman, paragon of virtue, but maybe he does so by teaching himself a lesson after he regrets KILLING Lionnel. Or maybe that will finally be coming, thus in Lex's mind, proving Lex was right about Clark all along.

He did say to Kara that the Luthors will never be redeemable. Finally! After 7 years he "gets it." I guess "super-smarts" wasn't one of his powers.

Droid
03-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Clark won't kill Lionel.

Why is ever so focused on how special Clark is? Kara is absolutely as special. How can the writers not see that by having other Kryptonians you can't go on and on about how special Clark is?

This Lionel situation is so stupid. We were led to believe that Lionel did not choose to change. Jor-El's influence and having Clark swtich bodies with Lionel changed him. He is Jor-El's emissary or whatever. And his behavior made absolutely no sense. I believe, particularly given what we saw for next week, that Lionel is still helping Clark, in a Luthor way. But why not just have Jor-El freeze Clark again or something? His whole motivation and actions in this episode make no sense.

I know the Manhunter and Green Arrow weren't in the episode, but they would be a better way for Lana and Chloe to help her.

Lana knew how to cut the feed to the Kara cameras and they got her out through secret tunnels? That was dumb. Why not just to the fortress without Kara and ask Jor-El to transport her there? After all, Jor-El is a magic Godlike force that can do absolutely anything without rules. They ought to just call Jor-El "plot device" that can do whatever is needed in the episode.

And Lex killing that lady. Huh? He couldn't have just had the necklace stolen? He didn't think maybe she might have some useful information? Why didn't he torture it out of her like he was going to Pete? So now can we please stop the is there still good in Lex discussions?

And the Dr. Swan episodes led us to believe that he was pretty secretive, especially about Clark. I don't believe he hung out with the Teagues and Queens and Luthors and talked about his findings. And I find it hard to believe there was a secret society preparing for Clark's arrival prior to the meteor shower.

But my absolute biggest beef was the capture of Clark. I know on Smallville they just want to proceed on with the plot and not get bogged down. They needed Clark captured so he was captured. But he doesn't hear a squad of people coming onto the farm to get him? He has no way to find out who is in the barn than to yell, "Lana?" He can't use his speed, his hearing, his x-ray vision, anything in that situation to find out who is in the barn?

If they needed to have Clark captured it should have been one heck of a fight. He dodged one Kryptonite electrode, but oops one got him in the back. Give me a break. He could have jumped out of the barn through the roof. He could have used his super breath. He could have used his heat vision to melt the electrodes before they touched him. He could have used his speed to zig zag around every thing coming at him. He could have dug right through the barn floor and made a tunnel outside.

They needed a lot more to make me believe he couldn't avoid capture from that bunch of losers. And I love how the guy was so impressed with Clark after the capture. What exactly did Clark do that was so special in comparison to other meteor freaks?

I am tired of them not showing Clark to use his powers, not showing him to have the intelligence that Superman has, and not showing him to have any strategy at all.

I think once Superman found out he was in a Kryptonite cell he would have waited in the center for an opening to escape.

I am tired of this Clark responding with brute strength and rushing in to every situation.

And why not wait until the cell wasn't radiating Kryptonite and just waste it with heat vision?

And why was Clark not able to see or hear Lionel while in the cage in the episode? I don't think they established he can't see through lead yet or that Lionel was in a led booth. And why wasn't he listening to his captors when the cell was radiating Kryptonite?

There were times where the cell wasn't radiating Kryptonite, since Clark wasn't in pain, so why exactly didn't his wounds heal? And don't you think that he could have used super speed to get through the walls of the cell before the electronics had time to kick on the Kryptonite?

Lame and terrible episode that made no sense at all.

JetsAndHeels
03-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Droid has raised alot of questions that I have, so I will not repeat them.

I will say though, I thought last night's episode was alot better than last week's.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-21-2008, 07:28 PM
I am tired of them not showing Clark to use his powers, not showing him to have the intelligence that Superman has, and not showing him to have any strategy at all.

One thing to remember about that Droid is the fact that Clark still has yet to complete his training. Yes, I agree with you that sometimes he acts completly naive, and could approach certain situations with a bit more common sense, but he has yet to know all that he will when he becomes Superman.

figrin bran
03-22-2008, 02:47 AM
I was looking at some of the Maris Brood figure photos on RS when it hit me - her face (the figure's, not the card art) looks like Lana's!

Speaking of Kristin K., Tycho, you're going to want to watch the Street Fighter movie as she has landed the Chun-Li role.

Tycho
03-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Speaking of Kristin K., Tycho, you're going to want to watch the Street Fighter movie as she has landed the Chun-Li role.

I'm so not interested in that. I'm sure Kristin will have publicity shots which will suit me just fine.

Droid
03-23-2008, 08:34 PM
One thing to remember about that Droid is the fact that Clark still has yet to complete his training. Yes, I agree with you that sometimes he acts completly naive, and could approach certain situations with a bit more common sense, but he has yet to know all that he will when he becomes Superman.

But he hasn't learned anything through all the seasons so far, and he is old enough he should be further along that he is. I'd hate to think he'll only be Superman because Jor-El programs him that way at the Fortress!

Tycho
03-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Maybe Clark is dyslexic?

Only because all of his special qualities are amplified beyond mere mortals, he is SUPER DYSLEXIC.

If you watched Smallville for 7 years, you should have no trouble believing this.

JetsAndHeels
03-24-2008, 11:54 AM
I'd hate to think he'll only be Superman because Jor-El programs him that way at the Fortress!

Yeah, that bothers me too.

He should be MUCH further ahead in his training. There were a few glimpses of hope, like in last season, when he told Martha it was time to train and rid earth of the remaining phantoms. The fortress lit up again, and I thought things would be different. The very next week things went back to normal, as in no training for Clark and more soap opera.

JediTricks
03-24-2008, 04:51 PM
First off, I will say I thought Thursday's episode was pretty good in an engaging manner. The writing for the personalities was a little tighter within the story and had more drive. That said, this episode was a major mess too as it made no sense as to why Lionel would hire Chief Tyrol without knowing he's a major psychopathic mess. And let's see, the gals know Clark's in trouble from Kryptonite, so what do they do? Get the one hero they KNOW is vulnerable to it as well. Granted it sewed up a rather stupid Kara/Lex plotline fast, but they know more than enough heroes to get the job done without Kryptonite vulnerability.

I think the situation with Lionel is not exactly what it seemed, and I don't buy that he killed everybody else in their group off either. But this was done a bit sloppily from a guy who has been shown to be a master strategist, and it makes him look evil again. I think Clark's condemnation of Lex & Lionel is a bit odd so soon after Clark knew to keep looking for the good in Lex, but I guess he's bitter after being tortured - still, I bet this set-in-stone ultimately will prove wrong and will put Lionel in danger.

Lex has taken his behavior too far too fast, he's a ruthless killer again, it's over the top. It especially saddened me because his earlier interaction with Patricia Swan was full of guile and intrigue, very impressive, and then he returns with an incredibly heavy-handed move despite this person containing INFORMATION he desperately wants.

But my absolute biggest beef was the capture of Clark. I know on Smallville they just want to proceed on with the plot and not get bogged down. They needed Clark captured so he was captured. But he doesn't hear a squad of people coming onto the farm to get him? He has no way to find out who is in the barn than to yell, "Lana?" He can't use his speed, his hearing, his x-ray vision, anything in that situation to find out who is in the barn?Yeah, that annoyed the crap out of me, and once he knows he's in trouble, does he speed away? No, he turns around like he's going to stroll out, and surprise-surprise, they zap him. Here's a guy who can move faster than people can see and can stop bullets before they strike others, but he can't dodge a few taser darts (which are flying WAY slower than a bullet)? Lame.

Tycho
03-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Which heroes know about Clark's powers and vulnerability?

Aquaman / AC ? - definitely
Green Arrow / Oliver Queen? - I guess so.
Black Canary? - yes
Cyborg? - probably
Impulse / Flash (whoever)? - yes
Supergirl - most assuredly

Yeah. I guess Chloe could have called on any of these heroes to save Clark if she's "Oracle."

I think about the only DC Heroes that are missing are Batman, Robin, Wonderwoman, Green Lantern.

JediTricks
03-24-2008, 07:43 PM
You forgot the Martian Manhunter.

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2008, 09:21 AM
and once he knows he's in trouble, does he speed away? No, he turns around like he's going to stroll out, and surprise-surprise, they zap him. Here's a guy who can move faster than people can see and can stop bullets before they strike others, but he can't dodge a few taser darts (which are flying WAY slower than a bullet)? Lame.

You forget JT, if those guys had NOT caught him at the beginning of the episode, there wouldn't have even been an episode. :)

figrin bran
03-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Which heroes know about Clark's powers and vulnerability?

Aquaman / AC ? - definitely
Green Arrow / Oliver Queen? - I guess so.
Black Canary? - yes
Cyborg? - probably
Impulse / Flash (whoever)? - yes
Supergirl - most assuredly

Yeah. I guess Chloe could have called on any of these heroes to save Clark if she's "Oracle."

I think about the only DC Heroes that are missing are Batman, Robin, Wonderwoman, Green Lantern.

There are many, many more DC Heroes than that. There are also thousands of Green Lanterns, one for every sector of the universe.

Droid
03-25-2008, 02:54 PM
You forget JT, if those guys had NOT caught him at the beginning of the episode, there wouldn't have even been an episode. :)

It wouldn't have played as well for TV or been as "exciting", but it would have been easier to believe they could capture Clark if a thug had just shown up as a delivery person or someone lost asking for directions or someone whose car broke down by the farm. Then when Clark comes to help or talk to the person they just take a large chunk of Kryptonite out of their pocket. Done.

JediTricks
03-26-2008, 12:07 AM
You forget JT, if those guys had NOT caught him at the beginning of the episode, there wouldn't have even been an episode. :)That is the opposite of what I was forgetting. ;) A better writer would have done a better job there.

It wouldn't have played as well for TV or been as "exciting", but it would have been easier to believe they could capture Clark if a thug had just shown up as a delivery person or someone lost asking for directions or someone whose car broke down by the farm. Then when Clark comes to help or talk to the person they just take a large chunk of Kryptonite out of their pocket. Done.Or a taser "joy buzzer", only without The Joker connotation. Look, Droid is a better writer than the one who got paid for that ep! :p

Jedi_Kal-El
03-27-2008, 09:08 PM
The best part of tonites episode was the...

...BOOM TUBE!!!!!

figrin bran
03-27-2008, 10:19 PM
The best part of tonites episode was the...

...BOOM TUBE!!!!!

or "boob tube" as Flash called it on JLU.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-27-2008, 10:45 PM
I just hope that it means Darkseid is coming.

figrin bran
03-27-2008, 11:25 PM
I just hope that it means Darkseid is coming.

Are you sure you'd want that? Smallville Clark would get owned by Darkseid

Jedi_Kal-El
03-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Are you sure you'd want that? Smallville Clark would get owned by Darkseid

If they did it right, yeah I'd like to see it. He would trump every other villain they've had on there. Plus Clark needs a good kick to make him fully accept his destiny.

Add to that the fact that if they did use Darkseid, I'm sure they'd give Clark more than a little help.

JetsAndHeels
03-27-2008, 11:51 PM
I think what I liked the most about tonight's episode was Lex's flashbacks. Seeing the Veritas group, and then the day of the first meteor shower when Oliver Queen's parents died.

What I liked about that particular scene was how it was a direct throwback to the pilot episode. Young Lex looking into his father's office, then being told he was going to go on a helicopter ride to Smallville. That issue of the Daily Planet, with the headline about the Queen's deaths, was the paper Lionel was reading on the copter in the opening scenes of the pilot. I did not see Lionel take the copy that was in the room with Lex, but I imagine he got one along the way or already had one to read on the copter.

Another thing to mention about season 7 is that a character is supposed to die...and not come back. Judging by the preview for the next episode it could be Lionel....then again it could be a surprise.

And the whole business of Lana being taken over by Braniac..yeah, she might be in excruciating pain, but I like her silent. :)

Tycho
03-28-2008, 12:14 AM
I really liked tonight's episode.

Lionnel is cracking. That I can see.

I could echo all of JetsAndHeels sentiments. Nicely put.

Mr. Queen was well-cast, too. He looked like he could be Justin Hartley's dad.

The show's tie-ins to Miss Swan's death and all the other stuff is starting to get it back on track. I've liked the past couple of episodes.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-28-2008, 11:15 AM
I thought it was a great episode. Alot of it tied in to the beginning of the series which I liked. I too can echo what Jets is saying. I also liked the small nod to Christopher Reeve when you see Dr. Swan's wheelchair go by.

As I said before, I loved the Boom Tube, and I hope it takes them where I think it's going to take them. That little Watchtower satelite in space was sweet too. I hope it means MM will be returning soon.

As Tycho stated, it seems the series is finally starting to get back on track. I can't wait to see "Descent".

Tycho
03-28-2008, 12:59 PM
What is the Boom Tube?

Jedi_Kal-El
03-28-2008, 01:19 PM
What is the Boom Tube?

What???? Dude??? You don't know what a Boom Tube is??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boom_tube
http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Boom_Tube

Tycho
03-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Ah. No wonder. It is a stupid comic-book-thing that I'd tend to ignore, if it weren't forced upon me.

I don't like fantasy that much. I think it's indicative of lazy writing.

My mind appreciates more science-fiction based things, with detailed explanations.

We discussed in another thread why this makes me accept the midi-chlorians bit in Star Wars moreso than how others have taken task with it.

JetsAndHeels
03-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Ah. No wonder. It is a stupid comic-book-thing that I'd tend to ignore, if it weren't forced upon me.

Um, this entire show is based on a "stupid comic-book-thing."

Just sayin. :)

Tycho
03-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Yes, but they kind of do it realistically.

I suppose they could even scientifically explain why the yellow sun charges Clark and even why a "boom tube" exists. (Thank you Mr. Data). I'd be interested in that, but perhaps the majority would not.

JetsAndHeels
03-28-2008, 06:34 PM
A boomtube is nothing more than a portal...a way to get from New Genesis or Apokolips to another place.

Tycho, the best way you can see the boom tube in action, is to watch either some of the Superman Animated series or the Justice League.
I found a video clip where Superman takes on Darkseid, and it features use of the boom tube. At the beginning, Darkseid tries to get a boom tube device off the belt of a fallen comrade, but Superman destroys it. At the 2:35 mark in this clip, you see the boom tube activated.

Hope this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc6in-MD9W0) helps.

Tycho
03-28-2008, 08:35 PM
OK, that was really kind of cool. I want to watch more of that animated show.

What is it from?

I think the boom tube is still a stupid name for it (maybe they don't call it that within the fictional universe?). But the whole thing kind of works.

I saw Martian Manhunter in that clip as well as they mentioned Brainiac.

That was cool.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-28-2008, 08:50 PM
The reason I think the Boom Tube will be signifigant in SV is the fact that the 18th episode is going to be called Apocalypse. Might just be coincidence, but I don't know.

figrin bran
03-28-2008, 10:21 PM
OK, that was really kind of cool. I want to watch more of that animated show.

What is it from?

I think the boom tube is still a stupid name for it (maybe they don't call it that within the fictional universe?). But the whole thing kind of works.

I saw Martian Manhunter in that clip as well as they mentioned Brainiac.

That was cool.

Tycho, that would be my alltime favorite animated show - Justice League (and in later seasons, Justice League Unlimited). That particular 2 part episode was entitled "Twilight".

Jedi_Kal-El
03-29-2008, 01:53 AM
I loved that fight scene. Especially the part where Supes burns through Darkseid's foot. Gonna have to pull out my JL and JLU seasons and watch them.

JediTricks
03-29-2008, 02:43 AM
I thought that was a fair episode, though I knew the Lionel thing was coming weeks ago, I posted it somewhere in this thread, and it's still painfully obvious. He's BEGGING Chloe to listen, on his KNEES, and she can't give him 2 minutes?!? C'mon, that's just dumb.

I was disappointed by how bad their flying effects looked, and then to cop out on Clark doing it was just a waste of our time as usual. Tracking Fine was also a major stretch, why didn't they think to do this incredibly obvious thing way back in the day? Also, Lex's flashbacks were borderline on too much CPD, just barely at that line.

Ultimately though, it was a pretty fair episode for the most part. Kinda "eh" way to work all that stuff out though, how is Lana's avoiding death now going to change anything if Brainiac uses Kara to destroy everybody on the planet?

Droid
03-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Hated the episode.

Like JediTricks, I just can't believe no one would listen to Lionel even if they wouldn't act on what he said. Also, why does Lionel need someone to agree to listen before he just starts shouting out what they need to know?

And why don't they EVER use Jor-El or the Fortress? Hmm, how do we find Brainiac? Lets go ask God at the North Pole! What's wrong with Lana? Let's go ask God! Why not ask Jor-El fo fix Lana? He can do ANYTHING on this show.

They used power surges to track some meteor freak or Phantom several seasons ago.

What is Clark afraid of jumping out of the barn? I at least thought he would try and fail. He wouldn't get hurt! This whole no flight barrier is so dumb. Like Clark wouldn't see SOME advantage to it.

And I love how Kara trusts Brainiac. He did something horrible to Lana. We better do what he says. He seems SO trustworthy.

I think this show will make Darkseid as stupid as Bizarro, Mr. Mxy. and other Superman stuff they have made dumb so I'd rather they avoided Darkseid.

I wonder if Brainiac will bring back some form of Krypton so the audience can see the planet and Clark can get a taste of his lost heritage.

And I also think the idea of Veritas awaiting the coming of Clark is so absurd. And the idea that there is a letter that describes how to control him. Unbelievable. No one on Earth should have had any idea Clark was coming or that Krypton would explode. Jor-El couldn't even convince Kryptonians the planet was doomed, but people on Earth were predicting it?

Jedi_Kal-El
03-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Something so terrible is coming and Lionel is probably going to die. I think they worked the no one listening to him in on purpose. No one will heed his warnings until it's too late.

I too have wondered why Clark just doesn't go to Jor-El. The whole thing about Clark turning his back on Jor-El is getting a bit old. You think he'd learn that anytime he turns away from his father, the **** usually hits the fan.

I have to wonder if maybe the Traveler isn't actually Clark. Just a theory, but maybe Veritas is meant to control something evil that will be coming. The something terrible that Lionel is talking about could be just that. As I said just speculation, but not too far out there.

I don't think Kara really trusted Braniac. I think she went with him for Lana's sake. In the end though, Braniac could care less about Lana so he got what he wanted.

Remeber too that this ep was meant to be the finale if the writers stike didn't end. When it did end they went back in and removed the cliffhanger and moved certain thing into some of the coming episodes.

Droid
03-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I have to wonder if maybe the Traveler isn't actually Clark. Just a theory, but maybe Veritas is meant to control something evil that will be coming. The something terrible that Lionel is talking about could be just that. As I said just speculation, but not too far out there.

EXCELLENT POINT! I think that may well be true, and if it is it would remove some of my misgivings about this whole Veritas/Traveler nonsense. I hope you are right. Perhaps Darkseid is the Traveler.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-29-2008, 05:11 PM
EXCELLENT POINT! I think that may well be true, and if it is it would remove some of my misgivings about this whole Veritas/Traveler nonsense. I hope you are right. Perhaps Darkseid is the Traveler.

That would be sweet, and I don't think that we have to really see an all out battle between Clark and Darkseid(if it is him we're going to see)right off the bat. They could be going off of when Kara was brainwashed and turned into one of the Female Furies. That would be an interesting season finale if Kara came back evil and almost killed Clark. With Granny Goodness, and Darkseid watching in the shadows.

JetsAndHeels
03-29-2008, 05:24 PM
That would be an interesting season finale if Kara came back evil and almost killed Clark. With Granny Goodness, and Darkseid watching in the shadows.

That is the one thing I do not like about the Darkseid character....wherever he is, that old bag is somewhere nearby. Never cared one bit for her, and never understood what her significance was, besides being another minion.

I hope they leave her out if Darkseid is going to show up. Let Desaad or Kalibak tag along instead.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-29-2008, 05:29 PM
That is the one thing I do not like about the Darkseid character....wherever he is, that old bag is somewhere nearby. Never cared one bit for her, and never understood what her significance was, besides being another minion.

I hope they leave her out if Darkseid is going to show up. Let Desaad or Kalibak tag along instead.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Kilibak or Desaad either. With my whole theory about Kara being turned into a Fury though, I figured you'd have to have Granny lurking in the shadows somewhere.

Droid
03-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind Kilibak or Desaad either. With my whole theory about Kara being turned into a Fury though, I figured you'd have to have Granny lurking in the shadows somewhere.

I hate when Smallville messes with stuff established in the comics, but I suggest changing the name "Granny Goodness".

JediTricks
03-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Like JediTricks, I just can't believe no one would listen to Lionel even if they wouldn't act on what he said. Also, why does Lionel need someone to agree to listen before he just starts shouting out what they need to know?Yeah, no prologue, if he just said "this key is important to Clark, if Lex gets it..." and then people start listening. It was the worst with Chloe, he goes into a 2 minute rant and then "but none of that matters now..." gee, really? And THAT is when she decides to leave!!! C'mon.

And why don't they EVER use Jor-El or the Fortress? Hmm, how do we find Brainiac? Lets go ask God at the North Pole! What's wrong with Lana? Let's go ask God! Why not ask Jor-El fo fix Lana? He can do ANYTHING on this show.That's why they've made him a scary god, so they won't just go with the literal deus ex machina there all the time.

What is Clark afraid of jumping out of the barn? I at least thought he would try and fail. He wouldn't get hurt! This whole no flight barrier is so dumb. Like Clark wouldn't see SOME advantage to it.Yeah, it's silly.

I think this show will make Darkseid as stupid as Bizarro, Mr. Mxy. and other Superman stuff they have made dumb so I'd rather they avoided Darkseid.Totally agree! I don't really like Darkseid, but seeing him watered down to yet another scrawny human with less powers and less importance will really be stupid. The only ones they've gotten away with on this are Brainiac and the Martian Manhunter.

I wonder if Brainiac will bring back some form of Krypton so the audience can see the planet and Clark can get a taste of his lost heritage.Kandor is what I'm assuming we might get, but I doubt it just because of how much everything else hasn't come together on this show like that. But it's perfect - Brainiac, a piece of Krypton, Kara.

And I also think the idea of Veritas awaiting the coming of Clark is so absurd. And the idea that there is a letter that describes how to control him. Unbelievable. No one on Earth should have had any idea Clark was coming or that Krypton would explode. Jor-El couldn't even convince Kryptonians the planet was doomed, but people on Earth were predicting it?Yeah, this one sucketh mightily.

Droid
03-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Kandor is what I'm assuming we might get, but I doubt it just because of how much everything else hasn't come together on this show like that. But it's perfect - Brainiac, a piece of Krypton, Kara.

Ugh, Kandor hadn't occurred to me. The Silver Age stories for Argo City and Kandor just are so terrible. If Brainiac has the capital city of Krypton miniaturized in a jar somewhere so that maybe Clark can someday keep it in the loft of the barn, good Lord. Seems like since it is Brainiac it could be Kandor, but since it is Kara it could be Argo City, equally stupid.

Did anyone here read the Last Days of Krypton? It was by Kevin J. Anderson. Tycho, I think you'd really like it. It had a "scientific" feel to stuff like the Phantom Zone, why the Kryptonians were isolated in the universe, how the planet was destroyed, etc. It is similar to what the TV show about Jor-El you want might be like. It has some neat elements and was a fun read, but the Silver Age stuff like Kandor and Argo City kind of spoiled it.

I hate that the producers of this show seem to just thumb through Superman lore as the show goes longer and longer saying, "Hey, we could use this" without thinking about if it was a good idea even for the comics.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-30-2008, 11:12 AM
On the Smallville forums there is also speculation about Eradicator, and War Wolrd. One of the two coming into play maybe?

Tycho
03-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Droid, I've seen that "Last Days of Krypton" book in the stores and it is on my "to read" list. Additionally, I usually like Kevin J. Anderson's writing.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I never followed Superman comic books and didn't care to read much of that "Death of Superman" book I found but would not buy. So the other stuff from the Silver Age and so forth never registered with me and I can take Anderson as the gospel on the subject matter since it would be all I know of it.

Yeah, a Last Days of Krypton TV show focused on Jor-El would be awesome!

JediTricks
03-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Yeah, Argo City does have the Kara connection better. I was thinking of post-crisis Kara in Kandor, but there too she's yapping about Argo City so that part could take it either way. I still think it's Kandor due to the Brainiac connection, maybe they'll just merge the 2 for the show and have Kandor be Kara's little city.

Eradicator shouldn't happen on this show, they thin their characters like this too far and he'd just be another Prof Fine, only less interesting. Warworld would not at all translate to this show, it'd be so far off the beaten path that it's incomprehensible to me to consider them even trying.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Eradicator shouldn't happen on this show, they thin their characters like this too far and he'd just be another Prof Fine, only less interesting. Warworld would not at all translate to this show, it'd be so far off the beaten path that it's incomprehensible to me to consider them even trying.

I have to agree with you on both of these points JT. Especially Warworld, being too far off what's going on. Plus you have to figure if they did do Warworld would they be able to pull it off budget wise.

figrin bran
03-31-2008, 01:17 AM
It looks like LOSH is going out with a bang. Brainy has crossed over to the dark side!

JediTricks
03-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Legion is series-finaleing? I win the bet unfortunately. I'm just surprised it got this far. How does The Batman last 5 years and this just 2 short seasons?

Jedi_Kal-El
03-31-2008, 09:32 PM
I like Legion, but I wouldn't call it one of the best.

JetsAndHeels
03-31-2008, 09:48 PM
I hate that LOSH is ending, seriously. If it weren't for that and TMNT coming on, I probably would not wake up until noon on Saturdays. :)

I really wish we could have gotten a LOSH figure line. They've done one for everything else pretty much on kids wb...the Batman, Spectacular Spider-Man, even that eon kid show.
At least I have my "figures" from the McDonald's happy meals, and I have my LOSH dvd's.

figrin bran
03-31-2008, 10:16 PM
I hate that LOSH is ending, seriously. If it weren't for that and TMNT coming on, I probably would not wake up until noon on Saturdays. :)

I really wish we could have gotten a LOSH figure line. They've done one for everything else pretty much on kids wb...the Batman, Spectacular Spider-Man, even that eon kid show.
At least I have my "figures" from the McDonald's happy meals, and I have my LOSH dvd's.

At the very least, I wish we could've gotten a Kell-El/Superman X figure.

JetsAndHeels
03-31-2008, 10:29 PM
At the very least, I wish we could've gotten a Kell-El/Superman X figure.

I definately would have bought those, and I would have also got:

-Brainiac 5 (there could have been 2 versions of him, regular and armorized)
-Lightning Lad
-Bouncing Boy
-Saturn Girl
-Phantom Girl
-Timberwolf
-Imperiex (which I think could be an awesome figure if done right)

And those are just the ones I would buy...there are other characters. I have a hard time believing these would not sell at all. Last I checked nobody is buying those stupid eon kid toys.

JediTricks
04-01-2008, 07:01 PM
I thought Mattel was doing up a LOSH line for this fall, is that canceled along with the show?

JetsAndHeels
04-01-2008, 08:15 PM
I thought Mattel was doing up a LOSH line for this fall, is that canceled along with the show?

I hadn't heard, but chances are the line is cancelled. Meanwhile Eon Kid toys abound at Wal-Mart.

Tycho
04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
What's a LUSH line?

Is that when Superman gets drunk and his beer-goggles affect his x-ray vision and it results in this embarassing episode with Poison Ivy that he doesn't want Lois to ever find out about?

figrin bran
04-02-2008, 01:17 AM
I definately would have bought those, and I would have also got:

-Brainiac 5 (there could have been 2 versions of him, regular and armorized)
-Lightning Lad
-Bouncing Boy
-Saturn Girl
-Phantom Girl
-Timberwolf
-Imperiex (which I think could be an awesome figure if done right)

And those are just the ones I would buy...there are other characters. I have a hard time believing these would not sell at all. Last I checked nobody is buying those stupid eon kid toys.

If only this line existed! I'd also buy the Fatal Five, Triplicate Girl, Chameleon Boy, Sun Boy, Dream Girl.

JT, supposedly Legion characters might find their way into Mattel's other DC lines - DCUC, Infinite Heroes or the animated line.

Tycho, it would take a tremendous amount of liquor just to get Supes the slightest bit drunk!

Tycho
04-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Tycho, it would take a tremendous amount of liquor just to get Supes the slightest bit drunk!

There was a recent aquisition and merger on Wall Street. A Metropolis company bought a major brewery forming the new conglomerate Amstel-Luthor. lol

Jedi_Kal-El
04-02-2008, 03:54 PM
There was a recent aquisition and merger on Wall Street. A Metropolis company bought a major brewery forming the new conglomerate Amstel-Luthor. lol

Actually that merger is still up in the air. Major parties were actually heard to be speaking with attorneys at the law offices of "Bendt, Ober, and Tookit."

JediTricks
04-02-2008, 10:43 PM
It seems like LOSH wouldn't do very well in their other lines, but it'd work for animated pretty well despite being a somewhat different scale.

figrin bran
04-02-2008, 10:57 PM
It seems like LOSH wouldn't do very well in their other lines, but it'd work for animated pretty well despite being a somewhat different scale.

JT, that came from Mattel's Q&A and the way they worded it, it seems that were Legion characters to be made into toys, they wouldn't necessarily be the WBKids show style. If it's in DCUC or Infinite Heroes, it could be the comic style of the characters and as the Legion appeared in a JLU episode, it could be that style.

Droid
04-03-2008, 12:40 PM
As the creators of Smallville we look back at 7 amazing years. We look back at 152 episodes. We look back knowing that the show will continue into Season 8 without us. After much heartache and debate we have decided it is time for us to move on.

Over the last 7 years we have had the honor of working with a remarkable team of people here in Los Angeles and in Vancouver. We have been blessed with a wonderful cast who we have watched mature with admiration and affection. We have been rewarded with a fan base that is as loyal as it is vocal.

We are incredibly proud of our work on this show. We achieved what we set out to do. We never compromised our vision. We leave knowing that Smallville is the longest running comic book based series of all time. The show was featured on the covers of Rolling Stone, MAD magazine, TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly. The pilot had the highest rated premiere in the history of the WB. Even in its seventh year it is still the #1 scripted show on the network. Smallville is watched by millions of people in hundreds of countries and in dozens of languages around the world.

The show's success is a credit to a fantastically talented group of people.
We wanted to take this chance to single some of them out:

Our writers your work speaks for itself.
James, Jae, Rob, David the backbone of our team in Vancouver.
Joe Davola, Chris and Shelly remember those Friday night brainstorming sessions?
Len Goldstein and Steve Pearlman thanks for believing we could do this. David Nutter for giving the show your magic touch.
John Litvack when the knives were out, you always had our backs.
Ken Horton our Yoda.
Peter Roth Smallville's biggest fan.
Melinda, Michael R., Paul M., Susan and Suzanne for steering us through 152 episodes.
Greg Beeman your passion is an inspiration.
Jordan, David, Garth, Carolyn, Bob & Lew and everyone at the much missed WB.
Paul Levitz, Greg Noveck and the guys at DC Comics.
Lisa Lewis our very own soccer mom/mafia accountant.
Michael Gendler aka mega counsel.
David Lubliner we can finally focus on features now.
And last but in no way the least, Renee Kurtz the smartest TV agent in town, we would be nowhere without you!

Finally, to the fans who have stuck with us through the highs and the lows:
know this we never stopped fighting to make this show great. Thanks for watching.

Alfred Gough & Miles Millar

I know the show is staying on for money reasons, but why isn't this ending? With Lex, Lana, and the creators leaving, doesn't this smell like a disaster for next season? Like X-Files without Mulder?

Sounds like they're mad at the CW from the description.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-03-2008, 05:21 PM
hm, i wonder what this will mean for the rest of the season? They'd be smart just to wrap things up and kick Clark into high gear and heading into Superman areas and end it there.

I'm sure J&H will have the official scoop! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Kal-El
04-03-2008, 06:06 PM
hm, i wonder what this will mean for the rest of the season? They'd be smart just to wrap things up and kick Clark into high gear and heading into Superman areas and end it there.

I'm sure J&H will have the official scoop! :thumbsup:

Saeaon 8 is still a go. According to a source at TV guide the new executive producers are Kelly Souders, & Brian Peterson and Todd Slavkin, & Darren Swimmer. All are longtime writers of the show. Below is a link to the TV Guide article.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Smallville-Shocker-Series/800036775

BTW, JMG. J&H is not the only one who can get a scoop on something.:D

JetsAndHeels
04-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Here is some info on episode 150, entitled "Apocolypse", airing on May 1st...also some info on the season finale:

Courtesy of "Ask Ausiello" on TV Guide:
Apocolypse is airing on May 1, it's being directed by Tom Welling, it features the return of James Marsters as Brainiac, and, according to exec producer Al Gough, it's another one of those alt-reality romps, only this time "Clark has to look at a world where potentially he never crash-landed on Earth. It's basically a version that could have happened - and if Brainiac has his way, it will happen."

In regards to Lois Lane, Ausiello states...

In the aforementioned 150th episode, we'll get our first glimpse of Clark sporting an iconic Superman look. What does that have to do with Lois, you ask? Well, Ms. Lane's responsible for the wardrobe change!

As for Lana's status and what may happen in the Season 7 finale...

KK will be in some, but not all, of this season's remaining episodes, as she's currently in Thailand shooting Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. Regarding the finale, I can tell you that the final scene(s) very much involve Lex finding some important pieces of the Superman puzzle. Hint: The title of the episode is "Arctic."

Droid
04-03-2008, 08:53 PM
If Clark had not landed on Earth Martha and Jonathon Kent would be living at the Kent farm and Jonathon would be alive. Period. But I imagine neither of the Kents will be in the episode. I'm sure they'll say that the Kents were upset at never having children that they divorced and Jonathon drank himself to death and lost the farm while Martha did something else horrible off screen. Stupid.

And Lana's parents would be alive and she would surely be better off than if she ever met Clark.

And Lionel would still be pure evil.

And Lex would have hair. Wonder if they'll show that!

And Lex finding the Fortress of Solitude before Superman ever even emerged in the world is stupid. They're going to just have to give him a memory wipe like 3P0.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-03-2008, 09:22 PM
They have said that someone who hasn't been on the show in a long time will be returning for "Apocolypse", but they're staying tight lipped on who it is.

JediTricks
04-03-2008, 10:40 PM
I bet it'll be a red herring and just Whitney.

Tycho
04-04-2008, 12:35 AM
I hope it's John Schneider as Jonathon Kent!

He was cool.

Droid
04-04-2008, 10:12 AM
It really would be great to have the Kents on for an episode.

I think the stark reality with the way Smallville wrote the story is that the Kents would probably have lived better lives without Clark coming into it. They would have likely just adopted another child or children and lived quite happily. In this storyline, Clark's actions cost Martha a baby, destroyed Jonathon's health, and then Clark couldn't live with Lana dying so Jonathon died instead.

Whitney would likely still have died as a solider without Clark in the world.

Then again, I shouldn't be thinking logically. They'll do whatever they want for a world without Clark.

But Lex should have hair!

Jedi_Kal-El
04-04-2008, 10:14 AM
I hope it's John Schneider as Jonathon Kent!

He was cool.

I would love to see John Schneider back for an episode, but I've heard that when he left the show(when they wrote him out actually)that it wasn't on very good terms.

El Chuxter
04-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Has Doomsday shown up?

That would be cool, to have the last ten seconds of each episode for an entire season being a gloved hand smashing against a wall in the dark. Then he could break out and be the main villain for the first several episodes of the next season.

Doomsday is the greatest plot-device-turned-villain ever.

JetsAndHeels
04-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Has Doomsday shown up?

Yep, its name is Lana.

Seriously, Doomsday hasn't been brought into Smallville. At this point though, why the hell not? Let's have a battle royale of every single villain/character we can get and make it the series finale.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Has Doomsday shown up?

That would be cool, to have the last ten seconds of each episode for an entire season being a gloved hand smashing against a wall in the dark. Then he could break out and be the main villain for the first several episodes of the next season.

Doomsday is the greatest plot-device-turned-villain ever.

Doomsday would be pretty sweet. In fact there is an article on sci-fi.com with Brian Peterson and as of a few days ago part of it he stated that Clark would be facing "his own personal D-Day" in season 8. Now that part and everything else involving any of the season 8 spoilers was taken out. I'm not saying that it means anything, but it was interesting that he phrased it that way.

Yep, its name is Lana.

That is one of the reasons I'm a little glad that Al/Miles are departing. They've pretty much more than run "Clana" into the ground to satisfy the teenyboppers. With Lana having less of a pressence next season, maybe they can focus a bit more on Clark.

Droid
04-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Having him face Doomsday before he is Superman is insane and I can't imagine how poorly they would render Doomsday and how lame they would make the fight.

JetsAndHeels
04-04-2008, 09:24 PM
With Lana having less of a pressence next season, maybe they can focus a bit more on Clark.

See, that is sad. I hope they do focus on Clark more, but the fact that it would be in the last season of the show...and maybe due to Lana's absence, well it would almost seem like a move of desperation. It should have been like that the whole time.

Just my 2 cents.

JediTricks
04-04-2008, 11:58 PM
It really would be great to have the Kents on for an episode.

I think the stark reality with the way Smallville wrote the story is that the Kents would probably have lived better lives without Clark coming into it. They would have likely just adopted another child or children and lived quite happily. In this storyline, Clark's actions cost Martha a baby, destroyed Jonathon's health, and then Clark couldn't live with Lana dying so Jonathon died instead.While you make a good point about Clark screwing up their lives, they wouldn't have adopted another child if they hadn't found Clark, that's been established in the comics I believe.

Whitney would likely still have died as a solider without Clark in the world.But would he have joined without Clark? (Reality answer: yes; convenient plot device answer: maybe not :p)

Doomsday, feh!!!

Tycho
04-05-2008, 12:04 AM
My take on the show and what got me watching:

1) I fell in love at first sight of Kristin Kruek (Lana). I stared at the show being played from a tape in my local comic shop. THERE was this hot girl and some dude in flannel shirts who survived amazing accidents.

2) Then there was this intrigue between this bald dude and his father, with plotting and scheming like a Mafia family - and the name LUTHOR registered with me. I was going to watch this.

3) Finally, with interviews with Milar and Gogh, I heard the show would focus on 3 orphans (Clark, Lex, and Lana) - they are all orphans from certain points of view - and how their fathers (Jonathon and Lionnel) shape their lives. Obviously I knew Clark would become Superman some day.

Having never watched teen soap shows like Dawson's Creek, and desiring everything up to hardcore porn with Kristin Kruek, I got into that teen soap aspect of the show. I was attracted to watch it due to the ongoing sexual tension.

That aspect of the marketing worked for me, as well as probably many, many others, to lure them into the fandom for the show.

That in turn got me into Superman where I was not really into it before.

But acknowledging the show's basic structure being about three (3) major characters AND Clark's development (as well as Lex Luthor's), I see it as Milar and Gogh wanted to show Clark's development through his, as well as Lex's and Lana's eyes (even if they didn't originally know what they were witnessing).

JetsAndHeels
04-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I was doing some reading up on Smallville earlier and ran into a pretty interesting article. Nothing groundbreaking, but its a good read. I bolded the points that I thought were noteworthy.

There's been a lot of speculation this past week in regards to why Al Gough and Miles Millar decided to leave "Smallville" at the end of the current season.

Action-Figure.com reported last week that inside sources told them that it was due to building tension between the cast and Al Gough, especially from Tom Welling.

Inside sources have been telling me for over a year that tensions between the cast and Al Gough have been high with some claiming Tom Welling had threatened to quit on more than one occasion over his character portrayal. Just moments ago, I had the chance to speak with one of my WB insiders who claims that after several months of talks, execs gave Gough the option to leave on his own terms or be replaced. Apparently, Millar simply followed his leader out the door.

The Superman Homepage received word from a network source who told us that Gough and Millar were not given any such ultimatum. We've been told that, like many of the cast and crew, Miles and Al did not have a contract for season 8. With the CW struggling financially, the studio decided that they would only pick up the show for the new season at an extremely reduced license fee.

The CW are basically looking to do an 8th season show at 1st season prices, but the problem is "Smallville" still needs to pay 8th season contracts on everyone. That is a serious amount of money off the screen. Which is why cast members such as Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum and Allison Mack are not coming back for a full compliment of episodes next season. My sources tell me that these budget cuts were the reason Al and Miles decided to leave. The budget cuts wouldn't allow them to make the kind of show they wanted to make or felt the fans deserved.

Our network source also told us that the only reason Kristin Kreuk is returning for seven episodes in Season 8 is because the studio allowed her to star in the up-coming "Street Fighter" movie. She really had no interest in returning to "Smallville" next season. Michael Rosenbaum and Allison Mack, who are not contracted for season 8, are yet to make a final decision and are prepared to walk.

We've heard all along that a plan was in place from the beginning on just how the series would end. So what of those plans? We've been told that the season arc finale they HAD planned would have had to be completely reworked without cast members who may not be there next year.

Droid
04-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Unfortunately, they will likely use characters like Kara or other new stupid characters that won't cost them much.

If I was a writer on that show I would use the opportunity to continue without Lex, Lana, or Chloe to have a very focused and poignant story about Clark's final private journey in the days leading up to him FINALLY accepting his destiny and becoming SUPERMAN.

They won't do that.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-13-2008, 11:24 AM
This could go either way. On the one hand, the people taking over have been with the show for a long time. On the other they might just keek giving us the same thing that Al/Miles have been shoving down our throats for the last 5 years.

I agree with droid that they need to let up on some of the supporting charaters finally, and start to move closer to Clark finally fulfilling his destiny. Season 8 is going to be the last anyway, so they should just go for it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Very nice find, J&H! :thumbsup:

I'm more curious to find out about Welling and his complaints about the character. Maybe he's irritated that his character isn't getting more time and isn't making steps towards the final journey into Superman yet.

Frankly, i think that this season should be the last or season 8 should be shortened. With Lex leaving, I don't know who could be the main villain. Or maybe Clark could work with the junior JLA for a bit and that'll help lead him into Superman territory.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Lex isn't leaving completely. He's not going to be in every episode, but he will be in some.

Tycho
04-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Welling is probably miffed that he (as Clark) is portrayed as being so whipped over Lana for 7 or more years and hasn't gotten over it.

Next, he's probably miffed that his character is portrayed as such an idiot that he wants to see good in either Luthor and tries to trust them, again and again. In Superman II, when Superman reverses the crystal chamber to take away Zod's powers, because he knows Lex will try and betray him - it is an example of him being smart. Does it really take over 25 years for him to develop that kind of common sense about people? No. We should see it happen (with regards to Lex) on Smallville.

Other than that, perhaps he thinks Clark would finally want to join the Justice League? Ollie only asks him every episode Green Arrow guests on. But I don't know how into Superman Welling actually is. He might not care. Clark is not yet Superman, and Welling portrays his own character.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Kryptonsite has the CW's official description for "Apocalypse" up now. John Schneider is returning as Johnathan Kent.

Tycho
04-14-2008, 08:38 PM
That's going to be cool.

Droid
04-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Hurray!

What about Mrs. Kent?!

JetsAndHeels
04-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Hurray!

What about Mrs. Kent?!

There seems to be no mention of her coming back for now at least...but that could always change.

Tycho
04-18-2008, 12:33 AM
MAJOR
SPOILER
MARK

If you watch this show off TIVO or DVR, I cannot respect you "getting around to watching it" because I don't know when you WILL watch it.

It is now after 9pm PST and almost everyone on this site (save for Hawaiians and Alaskans) should have had a chance to watch tonight's episode.

So LIONNEL LUTHOR IS DEAD! - murdered at his own son's hands.

Unfortunately, it was not too surprising, as Lionnel murdered his own parents in Suicide Slums, way back when, to get the life insurance payout he used to start LuthorCorp.

Overall, the episode was really good, but there was one plot lapse I saw:

If Lois and Jimmy texted Chloe, why didn't she respond? How did she know to go to Isis, while her phone was in her drawer and Gina (Lex's latest aide) found it? I assume Jimmy and Lois had cell phones. Did Gina confiscate them before she locked them in the freezer? How come they showed no blood on Lois but Jimmy said she was bleeding badly?

That whole thing wasn't really done that well.

But most of the episode was really good.

Still, why does Lionnel seem so scared these last few episodes, even while he was holding Clark in a kryptonite cage? And why does Clark forgive him for that? - I know it was the other guy who was a sadist. But Lionnel was behind it. THAT was protecting Clark?

JediTricks
04-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I dunno about this ep, the Lex stuff was so very heavy-handed, from killing his father to killing Gina to killing his inner child. And the stuff with Chloe, Lois, and Jimmy was so very stupid. But there were some really solid moments too and it finally moved the story along (sorry Lana, but this show works so much better without you). But the stupid stuff keeps building up - key in the desk (great hiding place), texting something that important, Isis being easy to get into and then easy to delete all that stuff.

Tycho
04-18-2008, 07:51 PM
We don't know that Lex killed Gina. It could have been something Lionnel had in motion before he died. They didn't connect that guy with Lex, though you'd assume Lex had motive. Thus you're probably right.

Also, do we know Gina is dead? Perhaps the drug paralyzed her and she's being held captive somewhere.

Since Brainiac can shift forms, could it even been he that took her out, trying to get the keys if he somehow knows about them, too?

There are some unanswered questions.

1) Is Gina dead?
2) Who killed her or temporarily paralyzed her? Did that person work for anyone else?
3) Does Brainiac know about the keys to the vault in Switzerland?
4) WTF do keys to a vault in Switzerland have to do with Clark?

Mad Slanted Powers
04-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I don't know who killed her. It wouldn't make sense for Lex to kill her since she had just said she had important information about the traveller.

Tycho
04-18-2008, 08:30 PM
"Power to control The Traveler...."

Since Clark is an individual with free will, and except for blackmail etc. it's hard to imagine controlling him...

what if Brainiac is The Traveler? The key would unlock the Artificial Brain Construct's intelligence programming. That WOULD be a huge threat and perhaps from the Fortress and with its technology, Brainiac could be controlled?

And if Lex controlled Brainiac?

Somehow if there's some intelligence on the writing staff they'd know how to mislead and then surprise the audience. That's a "big if" though.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-18-2008, 09:36 PM
I believe the person who killed Gina is going to end up being Edward Teague. Patricia Swan told Clark, that he died at Lionel's hand, but at the end of season 4 he was still alive, and it was never mentioned that he was ever killed before the Veritas revalation. Some of the spoilers I've seen for upcoming episodes say that one member of Veritas still lives, so that would seem to make sense.

Tycho
04-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Edward Teague. Interesting.

Smallville has really charted its own course hasn't it? Veritas, the stones, the gateways to earth from Krypton...

If they'd stick with better consistency to Smallville's own continuity, it'd be perfect for someone like me, who does not follow Superman lore.

But Smallville has difficulty following even its own lore. :crazed:

Jedi_Kal-El
04-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Smallville has difficulty following even its own lore. :crazed:

The sad thing is, that when you have alot of writers like they do on SV, there do tend to be some continuity flaws. You can kinda tell they're trying to work with it, but not doing the best job of it. And I'm just refering to the show's continuity in itself.

Tycho
04-19-2008, 03:44 AM
I barely watch TV, but The Shield has a handful of writers on staff and its continuity is PERFECT!

Scott Rosenbaum is one member of the staff of The Shield and I wonder if he is related to Michael (Lex)?

That might have been how Kenny Johnson (Lemansky on The Shield) got on Smallville that one time.

Anyway, those 2 shows and Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles are the only shows I watch - though I plan to add Star Wars: Clone Wars to the mix.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Some shows are really good at keeping up with continuity. Others not so much. I don't know if you remember or ever even watched Babylon 5, but that show is a really good example of great continuity.

Problem with some shows is the fact that they get new writers sometimes later on in the series who don't do their homework on seasons past. That's where alot of the flaws come out from some shows.

JediTricks
04-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I don't know who killed her. It wouldn't make sense for Lex to kill her since she had just said she had important information about the traveller.That's how it works on this show, they hire a hitman to kill someone right as that subject learns the important thing and leave a voicemail saying they know something but don't say what. Naturally this is totally different than Lois & Jimmy just texting Chloe the important thing right before they're put on ice (literally) - in other words, a horrible cheat. It's not like Lex knew she was going to discover Clark's secret RIGHT before the hitman would kill her.

Of course Lex was going to kill Gina, not only did she know too much, but she was getting herself too wrapped up in Lex's business and it was becoming a problem. Plus, she dies right after learning Lex's horrible secret? Gee, who could have pulled that trigger. :p

"Power to control The Traveler...."

Since Clark is an individual with free will, and except for blackmail etc. it's hard to imagine controlling him...

what if Brainiac is The Traveler? The key would unlock the Artificial Brain Construct's intelligence programming. That WOULD be a huge threat and perhaps from the Fortress and with its technology, Brainiac could be controlled?

And if Lex controlled Brainiac?

Somehow if there's some intelligence on the writing staff they'd know how to mislead and then surprise the audience. That's a "big if" though.There ya go, that's a good line of thinking right there, makes a lot of sense AND it even has cartoon and comic precedence (Brainiac has been mixed up with Lex more than once). I like this theory, it's far more believable that the message warning of the traveler and how to control him would be due to Brainiac than Kal-El. Unfortunately, the writers have put SO much weight behind Kal-El being the traveler that it's going to feel like a rip-off if they don't go that way (even though it'll feel that way if it does, too).

Droid
04-21-2008, 12:20 PM
First, I agree with Tycho and JediTricks that it would be a much better plot if Lex could control Brainiac and it would have nothing to do with Clark as the Traveler. I find that hard to reconcile with the comments in Lionel's message that referred to Clark as the Traveler.

I think it is a terrible plot device that something could control Clark, but given the way the Fortress has unlimited Godlike powers it makes sense that someone could control Clark if he controlled the Fortress. However, Lex finding the Fortress is a terrible idea since Superman hasn't even emerged in the world. Also, how could Lex control it? We have seen how Jor-El responds to unwanted visitors in the Fortress. Also, I still can't see how people on Earth were predicting the coming of Kal-El, the Fortress, or how to control him. But it is no more stupid than the stones being the key to creating the Fortress being on Earth before Clark's arrival, so at least it is in continuity stupidity.

As to the episode at hand, I thought it lost so much dramatic punch by having Lex and Lionel argue in the first five minutes of the episode and then having Lionel die before the opening credits. It even had me wondering if it was a cheat that would be undone later in the episode. It would have been so much better to have Lex and Lionel really build to the climax, maybe spend an episode arguing, and have Lex kill him at the end. Then they could have started the next episode right after Lionel's death. What exactly was the sin that caused Lex to kill Lionel now? After all the times Lex didn't kill Lionel, klling him over a necklace he already had in his hands was hollow. And it was just so sloppy on Lex's part. He doesn't even look in the locket for the key? And why not just take it without killing Lionel? I don't like the way they have Lex be an insane madman. He should be calculating.

There aren't cameras in Lionel's office, the Luthorcorp exterior, or Lex's mansion while Clark is searching for the key?

I thought Lex killed his assistant, but was surprised they didn't have a moment when Lex realized he killed her just as he was about to figure out what he wanted to know.

If Lex has the keys why doesn't Clark run by him just as Lex is about to get on the plane and take the keys before Lex even realizes Clark was there? Clark can move faster than people can see. They have established that. Clark would make an excellent pickpocket.

If they are trying to tidy up continuity I really wish they kill that other Luthor child out there that they had in one episode and forgot. It undermines so much that they wrote that. It should have been just Lex and Julian.

I didn't care about anything with Lois and Jimmy.

It was a delight not to have Lana around.

Lex and Clark had good scenes in the episode. Whenever Lex asked Clark why Jonathon was so stressed Clark should have said, "You'll never understand how hard it is for people without money to keep their heads above water." Whenever Lex asked Clark why Lionel was so close to Clark, Clark should have said that he was just trying to date Martha (a story that went nowhere.)

I like how after Lionel died Clark was like, "This doesn't fit Chloe" and Chloe didn't want to discuss conspiracies or details that didn't fit and was like "he's dead Clark, end of story." For two episodes now (in not listening to Lionel in the last episode) they have completely gotten rid of Chloe's curiousity.

Just ONCE I want Clark to realize someone is in the immediate area because he HEARS that person. Oops, someone overheard my secret.

The moments with Lex's inner child were good, but are a part of the Lex is crazy thing I don't like.

I did like some of the scenes with Lex dealing with having killed Lionel.

Not a terrible episode, but they could have given Lionel's death more weight if it wasn't just done in a few minutes at the beginning of the episode.

Oh, and his death lost some punch with the joke/nod to the fans "No one will even remember your name." The line isn't true and doesn't make sense. It just is acknowledging when the show started that everyone was saying, "Since when is Lex's father a character in Superman lore?"

Jedi_Kal-El
04-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Lex won't control Braniac. That would be too easy. It seems the way they're going with it is to end up having a Clark/Kara confrontation in the finale.

JediTricks
04-22-2008, 04:00 AM
I think it is a terrible plot device that something could control Clark, but given the way the Fortress has unlimited Godlike powers it makes sense that someone could control Clark if he controlled the Fortress. However, Lex finding the Fortress is a terrible idea since Superman hasn't even emerged in the world. Also, how could Lex control it? We have seen how Jor-El responds to unwanted visitors in the Fortress. Also, I still can't see how people on Earth were predicting the coming of Kal-El, the Fortress, or how to control him. But it is no more stupid than the stones being the key to creating the Fortress being on Earth before Clark's arrival, so at least it is in continuity stupidity.

As to the episode at hand, I thought it lost so much dramatic punch by having Lex and Lionel argue in the first five minutes of the episode and then having Lionel die before the opening credits. It even had me wondering if it was a cheat that would be undone later in the episode. It would have been so much better to have Lex and Lionel really build to the climax, maybe spend an episode arguing, and have Lex kill him at the end. Then they could have started the next episode right after Lionel's death. What exactly was the sin that caused Lex to kill Lionel now? After all the times Lex didn't kill Lionel, klling him over a necklace he already had in his hands was hollow. And it was just so sloppy on Lex's part. He doesn't even look in the locket for the key? And why not just take it without killing Lionel? I don't like the way they have Lex be an insane madman. He should be calculating.

There aren't cameras in Lionel's office, the Luthorcorp exterior, or Lex's mansion while Clark is searching for the key?

I thought Lex killed his assistant, but was surprised they didn't have a moment when Lex realized he killed her just as he was about to figure out what he wanted to know.

If Lex has the keys why doesn't Clark run by him just as Lex is about to get on the plane and take the keys before Lex even realizes Clark was there? Clark can move faster than people can see. They have established that. Clark would make an excellent pickpocket.All good points, but especially that last one, exactly what I was thinking.

Just ONCE I want Clark to realize someone is in the immediate area because he HEARS that person. Oops, someone overheard my secret.Yeah, totally! And look for secret cameras by xraying the area too.

Oh, and his death lost some pucnh with the joke/nod to the fans "No one will even remember your name." The line isn't true and doesn't make sense. It just is acknowledging when the show started that everyone was saying, "Since when is Lex's father a character in Superman lore?"I didn't take it that way, interesting stuff.

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey guys...I have not entirely finished watching the "descent" episode from last week. I can't chime in on it completely yet...

In the meantime though, here is the official description for this week's episode:

The 17th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, April 24th, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Sleeper", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

"JIMMY HELPS THE DEPARTMENT OF DOMESTIC SECURITY ARREST CHLOE - Clark (Tom Welling) desperately searches for Kara (Laura Vandervoort) and Brainiac (guest star James Marsters, as Brainiac is the only one who can reverse Lana's (Kristin Kreuk) condition. Clark asks Chloe (Allison Mack) to check any large power surges in the area, so she breaks into several government computers, setting off alarms. Jimmy (Aaron Ashmore) is caught between the Department of Security - who threatens him with jail time unless he helps them arrest Chloe - and Lex (Michael Rosenbaum), who offers to help clear Chloe if Jimmy agrees to be in his debt."

The episode is written by Caroline Dries and directed by Whitney Ransick.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-26-2008, 05:17 PM
I tend to avoid the SMALLVILLE discussion here, but even I had to chime in on this last episode: INCREDIBLY AWFUL. I just don't get how the show is about Clark and particularly at this point, how he's tryign to hunt Brainiac and Kara and we get an episode where Chloe and Jimmy parade around like helen and harry tasker in "True Lies." And Jimmy's gadget infested tux was SO BAD.

And this was after (what I thought at least) a solid episode with Lionel kickin' the bucket. :whip:

Tycho
04-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Whoops. I forgot to watch. Ever since the Writers' Strike, it's been very hard to remind myself to keep viewing on the appropriate Thursday night.

I am not even disappointed or worried about it at all though. I'll see it when I get the DVD. Then maybe watching the whole thing will make more sense - or really spell out how bad the discontinuity is.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-26-2008, 07:34 PM
They have to have at least two stinkers per season, and this was one of them. I found it hard to believe that Jimmy was so adept at spying, and apparently he wasn't because Chloe figured him out soon enough. Way too much cheese in this one. Tycho, you didn't miss much. Next weeks episode should be much better.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Whoops. I forgot to watch. Ever since the Writers' Strike, it's been very hard to remind myself to keep viewing on the appropriate Thursday night.

I am not even disappointed or worried about it at all though. I'll see it when I get the DVD. Then maybe watching the whole thing will make more sense - or really spell out how bad the discontinuity is.
That's the problem I was having a few weeks ago. Then Lost was on the same time as Supernatural and I had to record that one or forgot about it all together. I still haven't watched the tapes, but I think I caught some of the episodes of both Smallville and Supernatural that I missed. That's the good part about Lost being on at 10pm now.

Tycho
04-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Was anything done to free Lana? Was she even shown?

Did Clark find Brainiac and Kara? Were they even shown?

Was Lex ever thinking back about his father? Any continuing consequences?

Did Chloe and Jimmy's adventure have anything to do with any of the above?

Mad Slanted Powers
04-26-2008, 11:59 PM
I don't think Lana was shown. At the beginning Clark was more interested in staying with her than focusing on trying to get the key from Lex.

Did Clark find Brainiac and Kara? Were they even shown?A page showed up in Dr. Swann's journal that wasn't there before. Clark went to the fortress to talk to Jor-El, but all he got was a garbled transmission from Kara.

Was Lex ever thinking back about his father? Any continuing consequences?They showed something that had an inscription from Lionel to Lex, and he seemed to ponder that for a moment.

Did Chloe and Jimmy's adventure have anything to do with any of the above?Chloe was trying to hack into a satellite to see if they could see any trace of Brainiac and Kara. Combined that with the fortress incident and they determined that Kara and Brainiac were on Krypton in the past. That is how the page showed up in the journal, and they believe that Brainiac is going to kill the infant Clark.

Edit - Oh, and Lex did open the box in Zurich. Someone attacked him but I'm not sure if it was the same guy that attacked the woman last week. He was able to get away with what was in the box. Not sure what it is, but it is some sort of device with a bunch of dials on it.

figrin bran
04-26-2008, 11:59 PM
I wasn't home so I taped it but haven't watched it. Thus far, I haven't found any compelling evidence that I should watch it. On the other hand, I haven't gotten around to watching the episode of Lost from that night and so I'll need to do that.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-27-2008, 12:05 AM

Kristen Kruek is filming a Street Fighter movie, so she's not supose to be back until either the finale, or next season.

Droid
04-27-2008, 10:34 AM
This episode ranked right up there as one of the worst ever. So overly stylized that you almost get the impression it isn't supposed to have "really" happened, but is more a step outside of the reality of the show.

Ya, Jimmy drops from ducts like a ninja.

Whenever they were dancing I kept thinking, "So the writer's liked True Lies a little bit, huh?"

Unless the Fortress got screwed up by Brainiac and Kara, why exactly won't it talk to Clark other than because Terrance Stamp wasn't available?

So if they show Jor-El on Krypton think it will be Stamp, Welling with a Welling voice, or Welling with Stamp's voice?

Ya, why go after the keys when you could be holding Lana's hand? Gee, I thought last week he was going to get those keys. Na, don't worry about it. Just keep writing Clark as an idiot.

Why didn't the man refuse to let Lex into the box rather than attack him while he was looking in the box?

So Lex can't go to Zurich because he's red-flagged then there he is in Zurich.

Well what was in the box was a let down.

It was cheap, last week's trailer implied Lex would be at the Fortress this week.

Notice last week's trailer had nothing in it about the stupid Jimmy-Chloe plot. It was like they were ashamed. There was some terrible Jimmy episode last year and it made me speculate it is in his contract there is a Jimmy focused episode a year; now I'm sure.

Not missing Lana.

Terrible, terrible. Just focus on CLARK!

Jedi_Kal-El
04-27-2008, 12:11 PM
That prewiew from last week was clips from all the upcoming episodes, Droid. They did that on purpouse. Lex isn't suppose to find the fortress until the finale. They didn't want you to actually see how crappy this episode was going to be. Nothing but a filler episode.

Tycho
05-02-2008, 12:10 AM
Great episode tonight. If they had the budget for the casting, you'd think that Clark would've tried to see his real mother and father on Krypton. I took it that Brainiac might've killed them while trying to prevent baby Kal-El's launch, but it just wasn't shown.

Lex is insane. If tonight didn't settle it - between his killing his father the other week, etc. BTW, in the alternate reality, the Traveler that Veratos was formed to protect was Kara! That's not necessarily the actual case. It should be a way to control Brainiac, but still it was a twist I didn't think of before.

So the HoloDoc from Voyager is going to play a Friar next week? I wonder if he'll sing the Gospels "opera-style?"

It will be good to see Robert Picardo back in action again. I always enjoyed his performances.

figrin bran
05-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Doomsday is coming to Smallville next season along with a yet to be revealed female villain.

Doomsday, of course, would have to be considerably depowered thus bearing little resemblance to the character that most of us are familiar with.

JediTricks
05-02-2008, 05:29 AM
Although a few plot holes (Lex is too young to legally be president immediately jumped out at me, there were a bunch more but I can't remember right now), and a VERY Canadian faux-Clark, and no Jonathan, this was a really good episode and I think they should have done it as a 2-parter, they could have gotten away with it. Notice it was directed by Tom Welling too, he really shone there and made a far more believable Superman universe for us than anything else we've seen on the show. I kinda wish they'd explain why Lex has the gloved hand, IIRC it should be because he lost the real hand wearing a ring with radioactive kryptonite for years. Nice to hear "Linda Danvers" for Kara's alias, it's what the Supergirl character has used in the past comics.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Although a few plot holes (Lex is too young to legally be president immediately jumped out at me, there were a bunch more but I can't remember right now),That was one thing that I noticed, but I just figured that maybe they were farther in the future or something. Either that or the lines about Brainiac helping him get where he is might mean something was orchestrated to change the law.

Jedi_Kal-El
05-02-2008, 02:07 PM
It was suppose to be a bit into the future from what I've read. I agree with JT though, that they could have gotten away with a two parter there. In fact, in talking to a few of my Canadian friends from different SV sites, it sounds to me like they cut some stuff out here just to add a few more commercials.

As far as Doomsday goes, I'm cool with them bringing him in, but only if Clark starts to fly.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Not only was Lex president, but Lois was a Pulitzer winning reporter, not likely something she would have already accomplished at that age either.

JediTricks
05-04-2008, 06:20 PM
The difference is that the Pulitzer doesn't have rules about minimum age, it's just about the writing, so while unlikely, it's not impossible by current regulations.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Here is the official report about Rosenbaum leaving and Doomsday and a new character making it on the show.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7155

I leave you now to your complaining as usual. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Kal-El
05-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Love your last line in that post JMG.:thumbsup:

Droid
05-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Last week's episode - much better than I thought it would be. I expected it to be Earth without Kryptonians so the trailer made me mad that Kara, Brainiac, etc. were there. But the idea that Kryptonian influences would have destroyed Earth without Clark was pretty good. I wish Jonathon had been on though.

This week's epiosde - Yes, Veritas would know Kryptonian rituals. Give me a break.

Last night's episode was all about the things I hate most about the show - all the Kryptonian lore on Earth before Clark got there.

Chloe showing up to save Clark was really cheap. Oliver's jet indeed.

Next week's episode looks like it won't count. Remember when Lex found out Clark's secret and Clark saved Lex from the mental institution? It was neat, but then Lex forgot. Zod inhabited Lex's body. Pretty neat, but no lasting effects on the show. Next week Clark and Lex fight in the Fortress. What would you like to bet that Clark wins the fight, Jor-El urges Clark to kill him, Clark tells Jor-El he won't, and Clark gets Jor-El to wipe Lex's memory the way he did Kara. Then you have a Lex who can start over without a lot of his Smallville baggage, like C-3P0. The question is, how much will Lex forget?

So next year we will have Smallville without Jonathon, Martha, Lionel, Lex, Lana, Pete, or even Whitney.

We will have Lois, Jimmy, and unfortunately Kara.

Chloe is on the fence.

Why is this show continuing? If they were having him become Superman that would be on thing. You could just have Lois, Jimmy, Perry White (though I doubt they could get Michael McKean as a regular), and you'd be set.

But having him still live on that farm and have almost the entire original cast be gone is dumb.

Tycho
05-09-2008, 10:41 AM
I had to take a nap and I missed it.

Sounds like I didn't miss anything.

I'll wait for the DVDs.

JediTricks
05-09-2008, 05:25 PM
An exciting episode and one which gives Clark more insight into his role in humanity's future, but the actions taken by nearly EVERY character made no sense and felt incredibly forced. And how many times does Lex have to be left for dead without just taking his head off instead? So stupid.

BTW, I've been meaning to mention this before, but why the hell does Jimmy live in Smallville when he works in Metropolis which is WAY far away? Chloe too, but at least she has ties to the area.

Droid
05-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Does Lex still owe the Talon? I can't remember. Did Lana get it in the divorce? Why doesn't Lex kick Chloe out of her apartment?

Tycho
05-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Does Lex still owe the Talon? I can't remember. Did Lana get it in the divorce? Why doesn't Lex kick Chloe out of her apartment?

Great points. I don't know the answers.

BTW, I've been meaning to mention this before, but why the hell does Jimmy live in Smallville when he works in Metropolis which is WAY far away? Chloe too, but at least she has ties to the area.

Toyota Prius sponsors Smallville and they want to let viewers witness the 50 mpg their cars are rated at. I know Chloe drives one. (but yes, Metropolis is supposed to be a 3 hr. commute from Smallville).

JetsAndHeels
05-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Does Lex still owe the Talon? I can't remember.

Yes, he still owns it.

In the episode where he went to get Kara back from Detroit, he told her he would allow her to have a job there.

figrin bran
05-10-2008, 10:50 PM
DC Direct's Smallville series 2 figures are out in comic book stores now. I only bought Clark because the sculpts on the others weren't good enough to justify the price tag on these. Green Arrow's probably the only other one I'd want but someone bought it already.

Jedi_Kal-El
05-11-2008, 08:33 AM
I pre-ordered them months ago, so all I have to do is get off my lazy butt and go pick them up.

Tycho
05-11-2008, 12:59 PM
I liked the figures when I saw early photos of them, but in spite of my collecting the shows on DVD, I don't think it's all that great where I want action figures. "What action?" by the way?

Yeah, I could see Oliver Queen because Green Arrow's been on the show enough. But they hardly have done anything with Aquaman, Flash, or Cyborg.

Furthermore, it's really worth noting that good figures of Lex, Lana, Lois, Chloe, and maybe Lionnel are missing - and they are really the cast of Smallville.

But instead, we have barely-appearing super heroes and no villains to challenge them. It's a memorobilia line, but barely qualifying as memorobilia, and not really "action figure worthy."

Clark's fights are all too brief and barely entertaining. I get my fix of teen soap-operas from watching the show, and that's basically fallen apart with Lana's marriage and divorce.

Brainiac might be worth a figure - and should have been. But there really needs to be a Rogues' Gallery (hehe - love the pun) if there are going to be Smallville figures.

Lex (a good figure of him), Brainiac, perhaps Bizarro if done "stonefaced" and not just like a Clark-repaint. I'm not sure who else? I guess Doomsday is going to be appearing on the show, but none of us knows what he will look like in a Smallville version of him. And while I'm not the comic book guy who's familiar with Darkseid, I have heard of him.

These characters would help it be an "action figure line," and Chloe and the others, a true SMALLVILLE memorobilia line. Or they need to have everyone back for more Justice League style episodes. The other heroes were cast well, but they only tend to use Justin Hartley because he's so popular.

Droid
05-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I dare anyone to defend this nonsense:

http://www.tvguide.com/ask-ausiello

Question: Any additional info on the casting of Doomsday or the new female villain on Smallville? Eric

Ausiello: As luck would have it, the official casting breakdowns went out last week, and here are the highlights:

Doomsday

He's in his mid-20s.
He works as a bartender at the hip new Metropolis lounge Ace of Clubs (get it?).
He plays down his smoldering good looks with a self-effacing wit and down-to-earth soulfulness. But he has long felt like an outsider (hence his nickname). And beneath his charismatic, easy-going demeanor lies a brooding sense of isolation and insecurity. When he begins to delve into the haunting mysteries of his true origins, a darker truth begins to emerge, one of blood and serial murders, one of survival and utter destruction, one in which he is forced to confront the true evil inside of him."

Tess
Drop-dead gorgeous (duh)
Roughly 28 years old
She's determined, sexy, vengeful and has super-strength.
"While Lex is away, she is in control of his estate and rules it with aggression. She's had intellect and the confidence all her life, though it's obvious she's had some training from Lex as well. But as much as Lex has helped fortify her power, he is also her biggest weakness. She harbors an undying devotion to Lex, claiming he saved her life a few years ago. She carries out his wishes with coercion, force, seduction anything to get what she wants. And no one can resist her beguiling ways. Even Clark Kent. She doesn't remember anything before the day she met Lex. Once she realizes her previous life is buried below the surface, she's desperate to dig it up."

Our Doomsday fears are realized, no similarity to the character at all. And so Lex will be gone and they'll just have Lady Lex? Well isn't that a lot of imagination. And I guess we won't know until after tonight, but why exactly would someone have to run Lex's affairs while he is away?

JediTricks
05-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Well, that's the end of this show.

Droid
05-16-2008, 10:29 AM
It wasn't a bad episode if you shut your brain off.

I thought the scene where Lois comforts Clark after losing Lana was touching. (Though Lana really shouldn't make videos like that, the world needing Clark is a secret remember?) I actually think it would have been better if Lana had told Clark the pain she felt during that last time period was unbearable and that she was too afraid that she would keep getting hurt by Clark's enemies. That would be the difference between Lois and Lana, Lois has the guts to risk the danger of being with Clark.

What happened to the shot of Lex walking up to the Fortress in the previews?

What happened to Lex's teams. I expected to see a shot that Jor-El froze them.

I was pretty excited at the idea that Kara had died on Krypton. But it is interesting she was in the Phantom Zone. Did she get put there on Krypton, so that she has been in there for twenty years or whatever? And if so, wouldn't she have been in the Phantom Zone when Clark got trapped there? Or did Brainiac hide out on Kara's shoes or something so that the first time he emerged was in that episode where Kara fell down in the kitchen a while back?

I liked Clark killing Brainiac. It made sense that he would. He is a machine. Clark just shut him off, as it were. I'm not sure electricity would do the job though.

I don't know enough about Brainiac. Haven't they written him like the Eradicator from the comics?

Like I said, a neat episode, but none of it will count. The Fortress will be rebuilt. Lex won't remember finding out about Clark or Kara.

So I guess Lex will be back for at least part of the season premiere?

And I guess Chloe could be written out if she went to jail.

And, uh, Clark, you have some powers. How about shoving Lex away from putting the orb in the slot. Use your super breath to knock him away. Pull a big Crystal out of the Fortress wall to block his path. Tear the ground away from under his feet. DO SOMETHING. If his powers wouldn't work against the holder of the orb they needed to make that much more clear than the fact that Kara couldn't touch it.

There were actually less cliffhangers than ususally. Just Clark and Chloe. Usually each character is left in terrible danger in the season finale.

Tycho
05-16-2008, 11:54 AM
That was the season finale? I missed it again.

My grandma's 91st birthday party. So I didn't really feel a need to bother with Smallville. I'll be buying the DVD set and catch up on all this anyhow.

Jedi_Kal-El
05-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Wow! I don't know what to say. That episode really sucked! There were some decent parts, but as it was suppose to be Rosenbaums' sendoff, it was extremely weak. I thought that the orb would do a bit more than just suck the fortress into the ground. Lame, IMO. Next season is doomed before it even begins, I think.

Tycho, you didn't miss much bud. Wait for the DVDs.

JediTricks
05-16-2008, 08:08 PM
That was a pretty lousy episode. Why would Fine be killed by the very thing he was drinking? Why did he react so strangely to Chloe when her power went off? How did he activate the Phantom Zone generator? How did Lex not figure out that if Clark's cousin is an alien, he might be one too? How can Clark still be fooled by Fine's shenanigans pretending to be others? What kind of crappy battle was that? Why have Lana reawaken only to leave with a halfassed video? Why was there so little actual "meat" in the storyline? How could Clark let Chloe confront a superbeing like his cousin without even checking on them with x-ray vision and super hearing from down the street? Why didn't Clark just take the orb from Lex's hands, or take Lex's arm clean off, or blow the orb out of the fortress? How did destroying the fortress control Clark? This was a really bad episode, they had so many hanging plot threads to play with that they all got tangled and sloppy.

JetsAndHeels
05-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Just for you, Tycho.....the cover (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/smallville7/season7-dvd.jpg) for the season 7 set. No official release date as of yet.

I also found another interesting article. Looks like Laura Vandervoort is not coming back for season 8 either, but Alison Mack is.

TVGuide.com reports that Laura Vandervoort will not be part of the 8th season of "Smallville"...

As fans noticed in the CW's upfronts announcement earlier this week, "They announced the cast... and I'm not a part of it," Vandervoort tells me, letting out a self-effacing laugh. "We were all surprised when they chose not to bring me back as a regular, but I'm sure I'll be back for one or two [episodes]!"

Looking at the bright side, she notes, "The show is about Clark Kent, and I was honored to be a part of it. I mean, my character became more than it was supposed to be. She ended up sticking around the entire season."

While Allison Mack is returning as Chloe, season eight will contain no Lex, no Kara, no Lionel, and reduced appearances by Lana.

Tycho
05-17-2008, 02:40 PM
This will be getting strange. I came to think of Smallville as an ensemble cast show.

Even if it will not be, as Clark becomes Superman, Lex Luthor should play a major role.

The show should transition to being Clark, Lex, Lois, and having Jimmy Olsen.

Yes, Lana can make infrequent appearances.

Martha Kent should, too - actually.

Chloe is uniquely Smallville, so I'll enjoy it if she's kept around.

If they want to do Justice League more, Justin Hartley could be added to the main cast (as Green Arrow) and Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman, and Black Cannary could appear more often.

Warner Bros. b.s. should be cleared up and Batman and Wonder Woman should have brief appearances. I'm glad Supergirl will be back in a limited capacity.

Brainiac should not be gone (probably isn't anyway), and Dark Seid, Doomsday, Mztlpltlk (however you spell it) and more of Superman's rogues gallery should appear. Maybe they could cast Zod, Ursa, and Non and then have them re-imprisoned in The Phantom Zone later.

Also, since he has better villains, but they are DC characters, can't Batman's enemies make one-episode appearances and then "get away?" (Riddler, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Poison-Ivy, Dr. Freeze, Killer-Croc, Scarecrow, Two Face, Bane - look at these great characters that Batman confronts!)

BTW, Kara looks hot on that Sn 7 DVD cover, JetsAndHeels. Thanks for sharing.

JediTricks
05-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Wow, they got rid of Kara? What the hell was the point of bringing her in then? That was much ado about nothing. I missed the chance to go to a cool party and see Helmet play live for that damn Smallville SDCC panel, waited in an epic line to get in, and she's not even staying in the show? Stupid.

Droid
05-17-2008, 08:38 PM
If Kara isn't going to be a series regular, KILL THE CHARACTER!

Jedi_Kal-El
05-18-2008, 09:11 AM
They're getting rid a Kara so they can have more money in their budget to keep Lana on for a few more episodes. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!!!! Why are they so obsessed with Lana? Her time is over, time to move on.

Tycho
05-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Why are they so obsessed with Lana?

Kristin's more attractive than Laura Vandervoort.

And if Kristin got me to watch the show, I'm sure there are others.

Anyway, the show began with "the big 3: Clark, Lex, Lana," and since Lois is supposed to be in love with SUPERMAN, not Clark, she probably can't step up (at least in THAT way) on Smallville. They CAN give Lois a lot to do, and that might be smart, but the show originally focused on 3 kids abandoned by their original parents (that taking into account that Lionnel Luthor was not much of a positive role model on Lex).

But then the show shoud be ending if it's not Superman. Instead it's dragging on too long.

1) They could re-title the show with some of the same cast, and make The Adventures of Young Superman with Tom Welling or something.

2) The could still call the show Smallville and change their character / story "bible" and put Superman in there.

3) They SHOULD just end the show already, taking it out on a *cough* high note.

4) They ARE just dragging it through the mud. Back during Comic Con 2001 or so, Milar and Gogh said the show was intended to last just 5 years. They should have stuck to that - and restarted a spin-off show - perhaps with Tom Welling, the Justice League characters, actual Superman villains in full-costume. Something to that effect.

As I noted, I plan on watching the whole series through on DVD after I've had my fix of Indiana Jones, but I don't know about Seasons 6 and 7 - and especially a Season 8. :rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
05-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Here are the details for the season 7 dvd set, and we have an official release date.

Warner Home Video has released the details surrounding "Smallville: The Complete Seventh Season" DVD and Blu-ray collections.

Scheduled to be released on September 9th 2008, to coincide with the Season 8 premiere on the CW, "Smallville: The Complete Seventh Season" will contain all 20 episodes of the seventh season, plus over two hours of extras including never-before-seen featurettes and deleted scenes.

A hero in training...in action...and in soaring high-definition!

There are two Clark Kents. One is the young man whose life in a tiny Kansas town sets him on destiny's path. The other is a Bizarro who shares Clark's DNA but not his values. Only one of them can survive.

Superman mythology grows deeper and more powerful in an event-packed season that includes the arrival of Clark's cousin, Kara/Supergirl. Keep a low profile and master your powers, Clark says. Kara has other ideas. Plus: Lana Lang might prefer Bizarro to the real deal. Lois Lane makes a career leap. Chloe Sullivan finds that balancing a meteor power with a personal life isn't easy. And Lex Luthor's power-lust has a new fixation - Kara. New characters and complications. New secrets and lore. New thrills and special effects. Power up to Season 7!

# Season 7 Blu-ray Disc The extras and featurettes included in this collection are: Supergirl Featurette
# Jimmy on Jimmy Featurette
# Smallivlle Legends Mobisodes

The DVD collection will contain 6 discs, while the Blu-ray collection will contain 3 discs (both collections contain the exact same material).

Run Time: 900
Soundtrack Language: English
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French, Korean, Portuguese, Chinese
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen [16:9 Transfer]
Sound Quality: Dolby Surround 5.1 - English

JetsAndHeels
06-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Is anyone still reading this thread? :)

Anyway, here is some news concerning Green Arrow's character for next season:

The CW has announced that Justin Hartley will join "Smallville" in Season 8 as a cast regular in the role of Green Arrow.

Hartley had been hoping to star in his own TV series titled "Austin Golden Hour", but while the pilot episode was shot the series wasn't picked up, opening the door for Hartley to return to "Smallville".

E! Online reports that the storyline for Green Arrow will focus on "Oliver's past and where he comes from as opposed to his Green alter ego."

The report also claims that Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang) will return for 6 or 7 episodes only, however negotiations are still ongoing.

Droid
06-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Yes, yes. By all means focus on Green Arrow and a backstory for him that we were pretty much already given. Wouldn't it be a shame to focus on Clark during the last season?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Yes, yes. By all means focus on Green Arrow and a backstory for him that we were pretty much already given. Wouldn't it be a shame to focus on Clark during the last season?

It said his storylines will focus on his past, not the entire show. I see what you're saying though as sometimes the show shifts from Clark to everybody else where it should focus on him. Let's hope this doesn't happen.

Frankly, I think this sounds like great news as maybe this could be the final season as Clark becomes more and more involved with the Junior JLA and finally starts his training and all that jazz.

Tycho
06-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Well Oliver's origins DO have a connection to Clark - the Veratoss thing and the Queen's involvement in that cabal with the Luthors, Teagues, and Swans.

It could be done interesting and made relevant to Clark.

jedi master sal
06-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Kristin's more attractive than Laura Vandervoort.

That's your opinion. While I'd tag either, Laura is much more attractive, IMO. Besides, I'm getting VERY bored with the Lana character.

1) They could re-title the show with some of the same cast, and make The Adventures of Young Superman with Tom Welling or something.

I could go for that.

3) They SHOULD just end the show already, taking it out on a *cough* high note.

I could go for that too.

4) They ARE just dragging it through the mud. Back during Comic Con 2001 or so, Milar and Gogh said the show was intended to last just 5 years. They should have stuck to that - and restarted a spin-off show - perhaps with Tom Welling, the Justice League characters, actual Superman villains in full-costume. Something to that effect.

I agree the show should have ended a year or so ago. Time for a new SUPERMAN show (with Tom Welling of course).

JediTricks
06-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Oh boy, a bunch of stories about a rich boy who loses a parent or 2, just what we need to freshen up this lagging series. :rolleyes:

Tycho
06-07-2008, 06:17 PM
That description could be applied to Batman or Iron Man, though.

JediTricks
06-08-2008, 11:23 PM
And they're such large parts of the Superman lore, how?