PDA

View Full Version : Smallville Season Seven

Pages : [1] 2

Tycho
09-09-2007, 11:41 PM
The premier is Thursday, Sept. 27 at 8pm on The CW Network.

This is the new discussion thread for the (final?) year of Smallville, and the season that will include the new character of Supergirl. This still leaves Kal-El as "the last son of Krypton," but now there's a "last daughter," too. I guess we'll see how that plays out.

For a recap, Bizzaro entered the rogues' gallery of villains in last season's cliff-hanging finale. So we'll start off with that there. I don't recall if Supergirl is in the conclusion of that story - but I have some vague memory of them saying she is (at the Comic Con preview that the actress Laura Vanderholt (spelling) attended.

Yes....SPOILER in white (highlight to read):

Her ship crashed when Kal-El's did, but she was in suspended animation and the ship fell into the water at that dam that Clark and Bizarro were fighting at. Their battle awakened her, unleashing a new "issue" for Clark to deal with this year.

JetsAndHeels
09-11-2007, 10:57 AM
The CW has released the official description for the premiere episode of Season 7 of "Smallville".

CLARK FACES BIZARRO, HIS TOUGHEST ENEMY YET AND SUPERGIRL COMES TO SMALLVILLE - Clark (Tom Welling) confronts Bizarro, the last wraith from the Phantom Zone, and the ensuing fight causes the dam to break and a torrent of water rushes towards the land. Lex (Michael Rosenbaum), having just been arrested for Lana's (Kristin Kreuk) murder, is submerged under water in a patrol car, but is saved by a mysterious young woman. Lois (Erica Durance) manages to pull Chloe (Allison Mack) to safety but her cousin is pronounced dead at the hospital. The same woman who saved Lex reappears at the Kent farm and is revealed to be Kara Kent (Laura Vandervoort) A.K.A. Supergirl, Clark's cousin from Krypton. Aaron Ashmore and John Glover also star. Michael Rohl directed the pilot written by Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders.

This episode airs in the U.S. on Thursday, September 27 at 8.00pm.

Tycho
09-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Was "Kara Kent" a typo? Or is that her cover story on earth? As "Clark's" cousin.

Clark is Kal-El and she is Kara-El, and yes they are cousins, but she was never raised by Jonathon and Martha Kent.

Meanwhile, she rescues Lex from being trapped in a car sinking in water? Sounds familiar... is it poetic bookending for a story, or a cheap cop-out?

Droid
09-11-2007, 03:24 PM
The only way that Clark had a plausible background was because Lionel helped fudge the adoption. How is it Lex wouldn't immediately figure out that Kara had no past? Maybe Lionel will fudge that too.

I am so close to not watching this season it isn't funny. They are turning Superman into the Wonder Twins.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Hey, thanks for the Spoiler warning about Chloe there, CW. Really classy. Dumbsh**s. :upset::upset: We'll see if that's just to throw us off though.

Also, longer commercial for season 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5dBWHIJYRE

The audio gets jumpy at the end, but I still dug it. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
09-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Here's painted versions of DC Direct's Smallville figures (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=DC+Comic+Toys%2FDCD_May_08%2FSmallville&pic=SMALLVILLE.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0)

Tycho
09-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Dang. Those actually look pretty good. Of course that's the prototype samples. Who knows how production will turn out. "The Flash / Impulse" does not seem up to par with the others, but Clark, Curry, Stone, and Queen look darn spot-on.

I don't know: If Lex, Chloe, Lois, and LANA are made as well, I might have to purchase these. It's not essential however. But they do look much better than the figures that were made for Smallville some years ago.

JetsAndHeels
09-16-2007, 11:13 PM
The CW has released an official description for the 2nd episode of season 7 of "Smallville".

Titled "Kara", here's how The CW describes this episode...

Clark (Tom Welling) and Lois (Erica Durance) discover Kara's (Laura Vandervoort) spaceship but before they can open it, Kara appears and knocks Lois out. Clark is shocked after Kara tells him she is there to protect baby Kal-El. Despite Kara's appearance, a despondent Clark decides that without Lana (Kristin Kreuk) there is nothing keeping him in Smallville, and heads to the Fortress of Solitude to begin his training as a superhero. However, Jor-El tells him Kara's father -- Zor-El, who is Jor-El's brother -- is evil and Kara is dangerous, therefore Clark must stay in Smallville to find out why she came to Earth. Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) makes a stunning discovery regarding Lana and Project 33.1.

The episode was directed by James Conway and was written by Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah, those figures look pretty bada--!! I like'em alot! :thumbsup:

I should probably try to track down the old ones in the meantime. d'oh!:whip:

Tycho
09-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Yeah, those figures look pretty bada--!! I like'em alot! :thumbsup:

I should probably try to track down the old ones in the meantime. d'oh!:whip:

They only made Lana (as a cheerleader), Lex, and Clark. Clark is the only good one actually. I didn't buy them, but considered it at the time.

These figures are much better.

JetsandHeels...

Aren't there any good people that come from Krypton? (besides Clark) LOL

El Chuxter
09-17-2007, 02:18 PM
bIZARRO AM NOT BE IN sMALLVILLE? sMALLVILLE AM SUCK NOW. eXCEPT sUPERGIRL AM NOT BE IN TOO. sUPERGIRL AM BE COOLEST EVER. sMALLVILLE AM ROCK WITH sUPERGIRL. sUPERGIRL AM BE COOLER THAN bIZARRO AM BE UNCOOL. cOOLNESS OF sUPERGIRL AM NOT OUTWEIGH STUPIDNESS OF bIZARRO.

JediTricks
09-18-2007, 05:52 AM
The CW has released an official description for the 2nd episode of season 7 of "Smallville".

Titled "Kara", here's how The CW describes this episode...

Clark (Tom Welling) and Lois (Erica Durance) discover Kara's (Laura Vandervoort) spaceship but before they can open it, Kara appears and knocks Lois out. Clark is shocked after Kara tells him she is there to protect baby Kal-El. Despite Kara's appearance, a despondent Clark decides that without Lana (Kristin Kreuk) there is nothing keeping him in Smallville, and heads to the Fortress of Solitude to begin his training as a superhero. However, Jor-El tells him Kara's father -- Zor-El, who is Jor-El's brother -- is evil and Kara is dangerous, therefore Clark must stay in Smallville to find out why she came to Earth. Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) makes a stunning discovery regarding Lana and Project 33.1.

The episode was directed by James Conway and was written by Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer.That's a joke, right? Entertainment at our expense? A finely-crafted April Fools gag that sews all the horrible writing elements of the past few years together in a fantastic parody of the series rather than an actual episode? Right? :(

I ain't feeling those DCD figures at all, but they did one thing right, they did the science behind Clark perfectly and figured out his super-skin would never get tanned by a mere yellow sun's rays, so he would remain an albino his whole adult life. :rolleyes:

Tycho
09-18-2007, 05:58 AM
I'm wondering how cool it would be to buy the Smallville Justice League figures and then add the best Batman figure I can find in that scale?

JediTricks
09-18-2007, 06:45 AM
DCD figs are generally in scale to one another, so just find one of those.

JetsAndHeels
09-18-2007, 01:04 PM
That's a joke, right? Entertainment at our expense? A finely-crafted April Fools gag that sews all the horrible writing elements of the past few years together in a fantastic parody of the series rather than an actual episode? Right? :(

No, it isn't a joke. I got the official description from my usual source.

JediTricks
09-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Aw man, what the f?

Tycho
09-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Occasionally, I happen to be in contact with someone who's actually very integrally involved with Smallville (not Kristin Kruek - but I wish!!!)

Amazingly enough, while the show is their life-bread, they rip it apart quite regularly now. They do it for the paycheck no doubt, but they can't believe they continue to have a hardcore fan base and that the show continues to be renewed every season.

While I know they could find other work in the entertainment industry, Smallville represents a regular paycheck and they like the rest of the cast and crew they work with - they just don't regard some of them as being that talented.

It's kind of a strange perception to hear coming from this person that's been with the show for so long, and it's not the appropriate p.r. job they spin when they're speaking as an official representative.

It reminds me of Ewan McGreggor:

2005: "See ROTS - it's going to be awesome!"

2007: "Star Wars sucks. It was the worst set of film projects I've ever worked on."

JediTricks
09-19-2007, 02:06 AM
part of the entertainment BUSINESS, sadly.

InsaneJediGirl
09-23-2007, 12:11 AM
bIZARRO AM NOT BE IN sMALLVILLE? sMALLVILLE AM SUCK NOW. eXCEPT sUPERGIRL AM NOT BE IN TOO. sUPERGIRL AM BE COOLEST EVER. sMALLVILLE AM ROCK WITH sUPERGIRL. sUPERGIRL AM BE COOLER THAN bIZARRO AM BE UNCOOL. cOOLNESS OF sUPERGIRL AM NOT OUTWEIGH STUPIDNESS OF bIZARRO.

Wow, that gave me scary teenie fangirl flashbacks.:rolleyes:'

I have a feeling this season is going to be fairly hit and miss, more so than last. Hopefully it wont tank too badly.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-26-2007, 04:47 PM
I guess any rumors about Marsters returning to SMALLVILLE are official now:

Just a little giddy good news to help ring in the new season of Smallville, which starts tomorrow night.

Reliable insiders tell me—and the CW confirms—that James Marsters (swoon, Buffy's Spike) is returning for four episodes of the superseries during the new season.

We last saw Marsters's character, Dr. Milton Fine (aka Brainiac), in Smallville's fifth season finale.

While it's unclear exactly how James is returning, I can tell you he's reprising the exact same character, he's returning to set very soon and his episodes begin airing in January. He also appears on CBS' Without a Trace this season.

'Tis good news, no? If you're happy and you know it, sound off in the Comments section below!

And don't forget to tune in to Smallville tomorrow night.

source: Kristin @E! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
09-26-2007, 06:02 PM
That is good news.

James Marsters being Brainiac on the show was one of the few bright spots of the recent 2 seasons for me, personally.

Tycho
09-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Cool. Thanks for sharing JMG.

I'll echo J&H's sentiments. I've really enjoyed Brainiac's involvement with the show.

figrin bran
09-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Kristin from E's spoilers aren't always spot on so hopefully this one is.

Buffy is/was my favorite show but for some reason, I never really liked Spike

figrin bran
09-28-2007, 01:30 AM
Where are all the usual suspects in this thread????

The Bizarro vs. Clark duel was very, very disappointing. However, it was great to see Clark acting very, very Superman-ish in this episode from vaporizing the river to using his brains for once and luring Bizarro out into the sunlight.

Of course, what would a Smallville episode be without peculiar behavior on the part of one or more characters. Lana is safe this week from that distinction which instead goes to Lois for hugging Clark and yet all she can muster to dear cousin Chloe is "you've got a lot of explaining to do".

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Kara next week.

Tycho
09-28-2007, 02:15 AM
They tried to do too much in one episode.

My feelings while watching this one was that they ought to slow it down.

The slowest shot was of Lois' butt, which was actually a good one.

But they had too much to deal with in one episode.

Martian Manhunter was great. He's become a real "Obi-Wan Kenobi" to Clark's Luke Skywalker.

Chloe in the morgue was fun. Her character is very well written and established. We'd know it if she was ever out of character. Allison Mack does a great job.

Lex's court date may give us some continuance that is well-needed in this epsiode, as is the tiny taste of Kara that we had.

More should be done with Bizarro, as he could prove to be very interesting. I hope Tom Welling will come back as a recurring character ;)

figrin bran
09-28-2007, 02:40 AM
No, no more Bizarro please. or should i say "me want more Bizarro"? ;)

Those of us who watch Heroes are used to this sort of pacing and for all intents and purposes, Tycho, it's good because it leaves little more for the soap opera elements. Were this a midseason episode, you would've seen Clark weep unceasingly for Lana :p

JediTricks
09-28-2007, 05:21 AM
It's funny, in the first 4 minutes there was more Superman action than in all of last year's movie. :p

I didn't dislike this ep, I would have liked to see more thinky-fighty with Clark, but mainly it was a more satisfying premiere than last season's. Martian Manhunter was a little too obvious about how to defeat Bizarro and then did half the work anyway. And only 1 character was knocked unconscious when it came time for Clark to work his mojo. ;)

Droid
09-28-2007, 12:09 PM
I thought it was a terrible episode, but I imagine I will say that in any episode featuring Supergirl.

Kind of takes the suspense out of it as to if Chloe and Lana are dead or not when they are in the opening credits, doesn't it?

Why couldn't Martian Manhunter help Clark fight Bizarro. Why "I can help, but this is your fight"? To paraphrase Jackie Childs, it was "outlandish, outrageous ... preposterous!"

Don't you think Bizarro had to fight his way back to the cell to kill Lex's lawyer? There is not one video tape of Clark Kent destroying the jail?

Bizarro knew everything Clark did and yet he couldn't find Kryptonite in Smallville?

Of course their interpretation of Bizarro was so unlike anything ever done with Bizarro before that calling him Bizarro is absurd. It really was just Red Kryptonite Clark.

Don't you love how fast that kid's dad got knocked out when they were running from the water? He's running, he's running, oops, he's knocked out.

Interesting that no one in Smallville questions the fact that both Clark and Chloe have been pronounced dead and returned from the dead with no explanation. As curious as Lex is in things he isn't too interested in that.

So who dragged Lionel off? Solomon Grundy?

So Clark knows Bizarro can fly. He'll see Supergirl fly. He flew as "Kal-El" when he went to get the crystal from Lex's plane. He saw Jor-El fly in that dumb flashback episode. Why exactly isn't Clark flying yet beyond the show's stated rule that he won't?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Really enjoyed the premiere episode!!! I loved how clark just totally vaporized the water and did the Superman-esque nod; even the music at that scene had some of the old Superman feel to it. Very cool. I enjoyed the Clark/Bizarro fight and wish it could've gone on longer. And Bizarro mackin' on Lois was pretty funny. I did like Clark extended his future assistance to Chloe figuring out her powers, that was good. Mack always does a great job with Chloe and i loved her comment about Bizarro flying to Clark, "He can fly? Clark, you've gotta get on that one."

I was kinda shocked they changed the intro credits and added Superchick and Aaron ashmore. It was weird not seeing Annette o' Toole in there, but i'm sure she'll do a few episodes here and there. Seeing Martian Manhunter was always cool and overall, this episode rocked. :thumbsup:

and I always thought it wasn't a rule that Clark wouldn't fly during SV, but he wouldn't actually sport the Superman outfit. I'm sure through Supergirl, he'll learn how to fly. Hell, he almost has to at this point as that is the one part of his training he knows very little about. :lipsrsealed:

JetsAndHeels
09-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Gough and Millar said from day one that this show would center around "no flights, no tights." They have kept the tights part right, and I guess technically they have with the flight as well...being that Clark only flew as Kal-El (in a few episodes he took long leaps, but not necessarily flying).

I thought the episode was decent. Wish the fight would have gone on longer between Clark and Bizarro..that has always been one of my pet peeves with the show throughout the past 6 seasons. Fight scenes never take any time, and often seem rushed. The reason why I enjoyed last season's episode in the fight club with Kane as Titan was that there were pretty good fights in that one. Too bad there aren't many more episodes like that.

JetsAndHeels
09-28-2007, 04:39 PM
I am counting the weeks until the Dean Cain episode. I really, really hope this episode is good. Lois and Clark was one of my favorite shows in the 90's.

The CW has released their description for the up-coming 4th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 which guest stars Dean Cain.

Titled "Cure", this episode is scheduled to air on October 18...

"LOIS AND CLARK'S" SUPERMAN DEAN CAIN GUEST STARS - Chloe (Allison Mack) learns that a doctor, Dr. Curtis Knox (Dean Cain), has been treating meteor-infected people and removing their abilities. Desperate to get rid of her powers, Chloe makes an appointment to see him, unaware that Dr. Knox has a nefarious plan to kill his patients and harvest their organs. Meanwhile, Kara (Laura Vandervoort) cons Jimmy (Aaron Ashmore) into helping her locate her crystal and defies Clark's (Tom Welling) order to stay on the farm after she discovers its whereabouts. Lana (Kristin Kreuk) sets up secret surveillance of Lex (Michael Rosenbaum)."

Rick Rosenthal directed the episode, which was written by Al Septien and Turi Meyer.

Tycho
10-05-2007, 12:28 AM
At least 3 times during tonight's episode I had tears in my eyes as I imagined the tragedy of Krypton and how Kara must feel.

I don't think she's a brilliant actress or anything, but you could suspend disbelief and get into the moment.

The "Sector-7 / Man in Black" guy who got the ship's crystal should have been Brainiac actually. They could have shot those bit scenes with James Marstens and then had him back for longer guest appearances in the next episodes.

So did Lana's clone die, or did Lana really die? I thought that part played out interestingly enough.

Jimmy Olsen and Lionnel Luthor are not even appearing in the show in spite of being main-cast members in the credits.

I wonder if Annette O'Toole will have guest roles this last season. Will Pete Ross for that matter?

I think that guy at the Daily Planet is into Lois and that's the only reason she's being offered a job there. I can see them trying to establish chemistry. That guy isn't Perry White though. Meanwhile, I bet it's going to stir up conflict between Lois and Chloe.

BTW: what the heck? Chloe and Lana are going to return from the dead and that's not a major story? The Paperazzi should be tailing them more than Paris Hilton! I could see perhaps Lois deciding it wasn't in her cousin's best interest to write her story, but that doesn't mean somebody else wouldn't.

Kara is hot. Clark has her all to himself on the farm. They could write it up so that incest wasn't tabboo on Krypton.

So Kara is older than Kal-El? But he is going to train her to live and function on earth? If she is older than he is, her line "well girls mature faster than boys," is no longer that funny.

What else is there to say?

figrin bran
10-05-2007, 01:47 AM
"beware of your feelings...they betray you..."

This wasn't a bad episode at all. Though now that the Lana soap opera will start up again, the string of okay episodes will come to an end.

Chloe's death was never official as she burned her death certificate. Plus they tend to overlook such abnormalities at Smallville Medical so why should she be tailed by the media?

Clark's training of Kara to hone her super hearing was a great scene. Hopefully we'll get more of this Clark as the Jedi Master/Kara as the Padawan interactions.

Laura V. isn't brilliant but there are much worse actors/actresses on similar TV shows (ahem, Zachary Quinto!)

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 06:12 PM
I really disliked this episode. We get Lois knocked unconscious TWICE! Lana's return is so f'ing emotionless and has so little payoff it's shameless. Laura Vandervoort is a bad actress and has none of the wholesomeness that Kara's supposed to have, her reactions to the planet being gone just don't resonate, she seems a little bothered. The payoff with Lana's death and Lex in jail being wrapped up in flashback with a stupid clone slug was downright lazy, sloppy, and pathetic writing. The new editor at the Planet is laughable in action and in acting. Chloe being washed up but Lois being brilliant was embarrassingly bad writing. Chloe ignoring her death plotline was a rip off. Kara seems to know a LOT about Earth and Earth customs and language and such to the point of straining even this show's credulity. Her ship is a straight reuse of the Brainiac ship which is either lazy or crappy foreshadowing. The visual effects looked really bad again, very cheesy, like "Superboy" cheesy, way below Lois & Clark effects which are from last decade. So silly to have Kara hitting Lois, slamming into Clark, flying into orbit for no reason, then she's all surprised LATER when Clark is superpowered. Chloe referring to Kara as "supergirl" was writing utterly without skill. Clark explaining superhearing to Kara was lazily and hastily done. And the end scenes were so last-minute it felt more like they wrote a 2-parter and then just decided to dial it back. If Clark can't get near the ship because of the kryptonite nearby, how does Kara stand there a moment later? How does Kara have certain superpowers mastered but she doesn't know about a basic Superman sense, hearing? How does the government know how to open her ship? Why would a self-destruct system have a super long countdown like that just to give someone the chance to take important parts out in time? What happened to the big nuclear explosion we were promised, was Kara absorbing it all? And where is Martian Manhunter in all this? If Clark is leaving for his training in the arctic (which we see paid off at the end of the ep), how is Kara supposed to stay with him on the farm? This was absolutely worse than I was expecting.

Droid
10-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks to JediTricks for posting my usual rant for me! I agree with every word!

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Heh heh, rock on! :D I kinda wish I had pieced it out in a list just to show how much was wrong with this ep in sheer number. :p As my post is written now, it's just a big blob of wrong.

JetsAndHeels
10-08-2007, 12:17 PM
The 3rd episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, October 11th at 8.00pm. Here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

"Kara (Laura Vandervoort) desperately wants to make friends and fit in on Earth, but Clark (Tom Welling) tells her to keep a low profile until she can get her powers under control. Despite his warnings, when the 'Miss Sweet Corn' beauty pageant comes around, Kara signs up and meets the competition -- Tyler (Eva Marcille), Carly (Elisa King) and Tempest (Christine Chatelain) -- three meteor-infected vixens who plan to use their powers to steal a treasure map to the hidden Smallville time capsule. After Tyler witnesses Kara using her powers, the girls pretend to be her friends, but are really planning to use her for their devious plan."

Lex employs Dr. Curtis Knox (guest star Dean Cain) to cure the meteor-infected, and Chloe ends up a patient. Meanwhile, John Jones warns Clark that his cousin Kara should not be trusted.

Also here (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=4024) is the link to some pics from the episode.

Tycho
10-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm down for watching a skin show. I wonder if Donald Trump is going to make a surprise appearance and interfere?

JediTricks
10-08-2007, 08:08 PM
The 3rd episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, October 11th at 8.00pm. Here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

"Kara (Laura Vandervoort) desperately wants to make friends and fit in on Earth, but Clark (Tom Welling) tells her to keep a low profile until she can get her powers under control. Despite his warnings, when the 'Miss Sweet Corn' beauty pageant comes around, Kara signs up and meets the competition -- Tyler (Eva Marcille), Carly (Elisa King) and Tempest (Christine Chatelain) -- three meteor-infected vixens who plan to use their powers to steal a treasure map to the hidden Smallville time capsule. After Tyler witnesses Kara using her powers, the girls pretend to be her friends, but are really planning to use her for their devious plan."

Also here (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=4024) is the link to some pics from the episode.Oh man, they need to pull the plug on the entire series if this is what they're coming up with. That sounds awful and looks worse! This reeks of a bad story from a silver age Supergirl book which is HARDLY a good thing.

This may be the first episode I actively avoid.

Droid
10-12-2007, 12:03 PM
I will try to be brief.

The show is ruined beyond recognition. It is complete garbage now. I can't believe I am still watching. I predict this season will make the season where Lana was possessed by a witch look like Citizen Kane.

In no particular order:

1. What is the deal with Martian Manhunter? If he is Jor-El's Sheriff where has he been prior to last season and where does he keep going? Does he have anything else to do but watch out for Clark?

2. I am so sick of this "Earth was the Kryptonian vacation spot" garbage. If all the Kryptonians knew about (and maybe visited Earth), why wouldn't Zod and the evil gang just leave Krypton to be Gods on Earth? I hated that flashback episode from a few seasons back that implied Jor-El used to use the caves to hang out on Earth (which makes all these ships so stupid). But we have now seen to my count seven Kryptonians on Earth (Jor-El, the two that came in on Brainiac's ship, Zod (in Lex's body), Raya, Kal-El, and Kara). I don't mind a Kryptonian villain on Earth, but I think that Kryptonians coming to Earth before the destruction of Krypton and many good Kryptonians having survived the destruction of Krypton really ruins what Superman is supposed to be. How is he special if he is not the last son of Krytpon?

3. I can not stand the dynamic between Clark and Kara, which does not surprise me since I hate the entire premise of Kara, another survivor of Krypton.

4. The villains were totally underdeveloped - not that I wanted them to spend more time on that crappy plot. But did they show what each of their powers were? Very lame fight at the end. And what happened to them? Did they die? Did they go to Bellreve? How exactly was Kara exonerated for her crime? How did the Sheriff react to her breaking out of her cell? With all of the freaks of the week who have seen Kryptonian powers no one believes them? Lex doesn't have a file on all these people claiming Clark has powers? This episode had such sloppy writing.

5. Did the Kryptonite coming in the whirlwind to knock out Clark feel thrown in to anyone else?

6. I thought they would make an Iceman joke since Jimmy got frozen.

7. I can not stand how Lois is a star reporter and Chloe is somehow worthless.

8. The Daily Planet turning into a tabloid is insane. The new editor is just a stereotype of an editor.

9. So Lana won't let Clark tell Chloe she is alive and then she is just walking around the fair?

10. They have written this so ANY emotional punch to Lana's comeback has been destroyed by the way they edited it. Not showing Clark and Lana's first conversation. Not showing Chloe find out she is alive.

11. To me they have brushed over the most interesting aspect of Lana finding out about Clark's powers - her realizing that his coming to Earth caused the meteor shower that killed her parents.

12. How could Lex ever not know Clark is Superman someday? They have gone too far. Now Lex basically knows about Clark, he just can't prove it. They have turned him into Mrs. Kravitz on Bewitched.

13. Where is Lionel?

14. Why in the world would Kara be attracted to Jimmy? That seems weird
that she is so instantly attracted to him.

15. So they found the key to a Kryptonian's ship who has been on Earth for something like 100 years? It's like the Kyrptonians are the Highlanders, for centuries that have lived among us.

16. JediTricks, it appears Smallville is totally going with your view that Superman will live forever. Once again focusing on how everyone Clark knows will die first, suggesting he won't die, hinting a Kryptonian has lived on Earth for 100 years. I still dispute that the Superman character would live forever in Earth's atmosphere.

17. Once again, if Kryptonians knew that they could live on Earth and be immortal, why exactly didn't they all come live on Earth?

18. Are we really to believe that Lex is going to let Lana go back to Clark? That he is once again able to just waltz on to the farm without knocking? If Lex found religion we're back to square one on his step to becoming evil.
Who knows, maybe he and Clark will be pals again soon so that we've accomplished nothing so far on this show.

19. Who believes Clark will care that Lana took ten million dollars of marital assets to hide from Lex when he didn't care that she faked her death and was willing to let him suffer thinking she was dead? They act like Clark will say, "Lana, I just can't accept that you took marital funds without Lex's consent. We're through."

20. So is Lana a millionaire now?

21. That whole treasure map/time capsule thing was beyond absurd. Who sticks a treasure map in a time capsule? Why not just go look for the treasure?

22. It was neat to see Dean Cain and Welling together in the preview. Lois and Clark got very goofy at the end with all of the jokes and guest stars, but I'm beginning to think it was a better show about Superman, which is a shame since I thought Smallville started out so well.

JetsAndHeels
10-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Hey Droid,

The thing about the Kryptonian key is bugging me more now than the whole Lana/Lex fiasco did last season.
I am sick and tired of this show bringing back different Kryptonian characters!! Actually no, I am not sick and tired of it, quite frankly I am p'd off about it!!

This show is going right down the crapper....I tried not to notice (out of my undying devotion to all things Superman) but it is just way beyond saving now.

And I agree, seeing Dean Cain for next week looks very cool. Hopefully this episode will actually be a good one. I won't hold my breath though.

Droid
10-12-2007, 02:02 PM
And one more thing, I am so tired of people walking up behind Clark without him noticing it. I know some people argue he has to turn on his super hearing, but come on, the dog is barking. I assume Lana drove to the farm (yet she is still trying to pretend she is dead). He doesn't hear Lana until she puts her hand on his shoulder? It was played for dramatic effect but just does not match up with Superman!

JediTricks
10-13-2007, 02:23 AM
That was a really bad episode, not even effective at what they were TRYING to do! Sloppy sloppy sloppy all around.

I will try to be brief.

The show is ruined beyond recognition. It is complete garbage now. I can't believe I am still watching. I predict this season will make the season where Lana was possessed by a witch look like Citizen Kane.

In no particular order:

1. What is the deal with Martian Manhunter? If he is Jor-El's Sheriff where has he been prior to last season and where does he keep going? Does he have anything else to do but watch out for Clark?

2. I am so sick of this "Earth was the Kryptonian vacation spot" garbage. If all the Kryptonians knew about (and maybe visited Earth), why wouldn't Zod and the evil gang just leave Krypton to be Gods on Earth? I hated that flashback episode from a few seasons back that implied Jor-El used to use the caves to hang out on Earth (which makes all these ships so stupid). But we have now seen to my count seven Kryptonians on Earth (Jor-El, the two that came in on Brainiac's ship, Zod (in Lex's body), Raya, Kal-El, and Kara). I don't mind a Kryptonian villain on Earth, but I think that Kryptonians coming to Earth before the destruction of Krypton and many good Kryptonians having survived the destruction of Krypton really ruins what Superman is supposed to be. How is he special if he is not the last son of Krytpon?

3. I can not stand the dynamic between Clark and Kara, which does not surprise me since I hate the entire premise of Kara, another survivor of Krypton.

4. The villains were totally underdeveloped - not that I wanted them to spend more time on that crappy plot. But did they show what each of their powers were? Very lame fight at the end. And what happened to them? Did they die? Did they go to Bellreve? How exactly was Kara exonerated for her crime? How did the Sheriff react to her breaking out of her cell? With all of the freaks of the week who have seen Kryptonian powers no one believes them? Lex doesn't have a file on all these people claiming Clark has powers? This episode had such sloppy writing.

5. Did the Kryptonite coming in the whirlwind to knock out Clark feel thrown in to anyone else?TOTALLY agree with all these, the kryptonite part was especially lazy.

6. I thought they would make an Iceman joke since Jimmy got frozen.Thankfully not. :p

7. I can not stand how Lois is a star reporter and Chloe is somehow worthless.

8. The Daily Planet turning into a tabloid is insane. The new editor is just a stereotype of an editor.

9. So Lana won't let Clark tell Chloe she is alive and then she is just walking around the fair?Yup, yup, and yup!

10. They have written this so ANY emotional punch to Lana's comeback has been destroyed by the way they edited it. Not showing Clark and Lana's first conversation. Not showing Chloe find out she is alive. YES! Hated all of that.

11. To me they have brushed over the most interesting aspect of Lana finding out about Clark's powers - her realizing that his coming to Earth caused the meteor shower that killed her parents.Does she actually know?

12. How could Lex ever not know Clark is Superman someday? They have gone too far. Now Lex basically knows about Clark, he just can't prove it. They have turned him into Mrs. Kravitz on Bewitched.HAW! Excellent analogy. Totally true too. "Abner! Abner!"

13. Where is Lionel?Kidnapped by someone, it's a mystery.

14. Why in the world would Kara be attracted to Jimmy? That seems weird
that she is so instantly attracted to him.It's pretty lame and creepy that she gets all heat vision.

15. So they found the key to a Kryptonian's ship who has been on Earth for something like 100 years? It's like the Kyrptonians are the Highlanders, for centuries that have lived among us.Well, they were there 50 years ago, so why not. :rolleyes:

16. JediTricks, it appears Smallville is totally going with your view that Superman will live forever. Once again focusing on how everyone Clark knows will die first, suggesting he won't die, hinting a Kryptonian has lived on Earth for 100 years. I still dispute that the Superman character would live forever in Earth's atmosphere.It's not my view, it's supported in several other iterations.

17. Once again, if Kryptonians knew that they could live on Earth and be immortal, why exactly didn't they all come live on Earth?They're really really really annoyed by humans?

19. Who believes Clark will care that Lana took ten million dollars of marital assets to hide from Lex when he didn't care that she faked her death and was willing to let him suffer thinking she was dead? They act like Clark will say, "Lana, I just can't accept that you took marital funds without Lex's consent. We're through."Yeah, that one felt REALLY forced.

21. That whole treasure map/time capsule thing was beyond absurd. Who sticks a treasure map in a time capsule? Why not just go look for the treasure?That was just more laziness.

22. It was neat to see Dean Cain and Welling together in the preview. Lois and Clark got very goofy at the end with all of the jokes and guest stars, but I'm beginning to think it was a better show about Superman, which is a shame since I thought Smallville started out so well.Lois & Clark also subscribed to Clark living forever.

Tycho
10-13-2007, 02:28 AM
I liked the show and thought it was really well done.

I loved the end sequence with Kara and Lex in the alleyway. The music added great ambiance to very simple writing. I took note of that for the sake of my own writing.

The beauty pagent chicks were not that hot. Were they purposely cast so Kara and Lana would look the best? Well it worked.

Anyway, from the non-True-Superman-Fan's perspective, I thought the show worked.

I actually do agree with Droid's criticisms above, but it didn't affect me enjoying the episode.

JediTricks
10-13-2007, 03:03 AM
I'm telling you dude, it's the drugs you're taking fooling you into thinking that was anything other than a total waste of an hour.

Tycho
10-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Come back for a visit and we can test that.

Arrive on a Thursday so I can let you pop some of my pills and then we can watch the latest episode of Smallville while we sniff some Mouse Droids or any other new figures you care to open (but they don't smell as good as they used to for some reason).

Then to top if off, we'll have a Michael Bay movie marathon! How about Transformers, Pearl Harbor, and The Island, then maybe both Bad Boyz movies?

Over 10 hours of Michael Bay! And we can add old episodes from this season of Smallville that are available on YouTube! Or get out the Season 6 box set to watch the Best of Lana Lang!

If you get on the internet and start telling everyone how ingenius Smallville's later seasons and Michael Bay movies have been, we'll know it's the medication!

Sound like a plan?

JediTricks
10-13-2007, 03:57 AM
It's only a plan if my new boots will fit inside my old steel-toed boots for double-kicking-your-***-action.

Tycho
10-13-2007, 04:27 AM
Oooh. Tough talk there, JT. But you didn't deny that even if you were on drugs you could resist watching Michael Bay movies and complimenting the later seasons of Smallville. lol

JediTricks
10-15-2007, 03:42 PM
They'd have to be HEAVY drugs. Like the kind that could take down James Brown.

JetsAndHeels
10-15-2007, 04:33 PM
I already listed the official description of this week's episode (on the previous page)....here (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=4058)
it is again with some additional pics

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-19-2007, 01:46 PM
FANTASTIC episode, especially after last weeks crapfest. I really enjoyed Dean Cain playing a bad guy and for a brief second, I had hoped that his comatose woman would be played by Teri Hatcher, but alas, no. :p But it was great to see Dean Cain facing off against Luthor and Clark, although I do wish that they could've fought for a bit longer. I was pretty neutral when it was revealed he was immortal although I did chuckle when he said he was Jack the Ripper.

I also liked the Chloe/Jimmy storyline. Mack showed some acting chops in that scene and I can easily see where both of them are coming from and I kinda sad to see them split. Maybe Jimmy can work some magic on Kara, who will probably be back i'm guessing. And I enjoyed her comment to Martian Manhunter, that was great. And so, Lana is spying on Lex now?!?! Woman is crazy!

And next week looks like silly fun; and did I see clark holding a red cape?!?! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-20-2007, 12:59 AM
I was disappointed in some of the cheaper soap opera aspects, both Chloe and Clark react in an unconvincing, sitcommy manner to their loved one's supposed indiscretions. Also, I really didn't buy Chloe blowing off Jimmy's big night out for that cure, the whole episode could have been better by convincingly giving us a reason why Chloe HAD to do it that night. And Clark/Kara just bothered me, it was too quick, too snap-judgmenty, and then Clark's proven right when Kara - who seems to know a hell of a lot about Earth customs and such - starts talking about Martians to Jimmy. But overall it was an interesting episode, and the mythical aspect wasn't nearly as horrid as the witch plotline from a few years back. I wish Clark didn't need to be taken down by Kryptonite though, why couldn't Dr Knox have gained powers by stealing from the meteor freaks instead? (I did love that they showed Dr Knox's initials being "CK" :D). Oh, and the Manhunter's payoff for Knox was REALLY unacceptable for me. But all in all, a flawed but interesting ep.

figrin bran
10-20-2007, 01:23 AM
Between this show and Heroes' Claire/Clarkripoff arc, I'm getting more than I can handle in terms of soap opera elements!

Droid
10-20-2007, 09:48 AM
I thought the episode was better than I expected it to be, so it was tolerable.

Did anyone notice that whenever Lex was showing Clark Knox through history they showed a fairly famous painting of Napoleon? What?

Tycho
10-22-2007, 12:08 AM
I liked all the elements of the show. I had to watch it on YouTube, but I thought it was great.

Allison Mack has continued to be very impressive all the years she's been on the show.

What's Lana's deal? She's trying to get back together with Clark? She knows his secret now, but presumably they can't be together like that because he's not moral. But THIS show has never said that, so it's NOT confirmed.

JediTricks
10-23-2007, 06:08 PM
They have said and suggested Clark is immortal (not immoral :p) on several occasions, INCLUDING that episode last Thursday. That's part of why Clark is a little thrown when he comes back to Lana, Knox's comments to him made him think about that relationship in a new light.

JetsAndHeels
10-23-2007, 10:05 PM
The 5th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, October 25th at 8.00pm. Titled "Action", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

"The residents of Smallville are thrilled when Warrior Angel, a movie based on a comic book, begins shooting in town. However, after the lead actress, Rachel Davenport (guest star Christina Milian) takes off in stunt car with cut brakes, Clark (Tom Welling) must step in to stop the runaway car. Unfortunately, an obsessed fan witnesses this heroic event and decides Clark is a real-life superhero, whose girlfriend Lana (Kristin Kreuk) must be eliminated so Clark can fulfill his destiny. Meanwhile, Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) discovers Lionel (John Glover) at the cabin."

The episode was written by Caroline Dries and directed by Mairzee Almas.

Tycho
10-24-2007, 12:50 AM
an obsessed fan witnesses this heroic event and decides Clark is a real-life superhero, whose girlfriend Lana (Kristin Kreuk) must be eliminated so Clark can fulfill his destiny.

Are you sure it was an obsessed Warrior Angel fan? It sounds like a typical Smallville fan :D

But not me. You know I love Kristin! :love:

Tycho
10-26-2007, 01:26 AM
1. Clark invited Lana to stay on the farm so no one would know she's back and alive again.

2. Lex and Lionnel know she's alive and back, and exactly where she is.

3. So Lana is staying because she's in love with Clark again?

4. Clark is in love with Lana again?

5. Lana knows everything about Clark now.

6. When did they become boyfriend and girlfriend again?

7. Can they "do it?" It sounds like they are intimate again, but the show doesn't go there like they did when Clark was mortal. They can say he can control himself or he can't. They can write whatever they want. But they're just glossing over it.

8. We're almost back to square one. With Lana knowing everything, are they going to try and get married? With Chloe settled on not being with Clark, will she push the Clark - Lana thing? It seems like nothing would be stopping them.

In this regard the show is not making sense to me.

I did enjoy tonight's episode though.

figrin bran
10-26-2007, 02:32 AM
I've discovered which Justice Leaguer will be introduced this season but am not really sure how to post spoiler text just yet...;)

Droid
10-26-2007, 11:06 AM
That episode was so severely terrible I wish JediTricks had already listed all of its problems so I wouldn't feel compelled to:

1. How secret a place does Clark believe his farm to be? This season alone he has chosen to hide Lana, Kara, and the movie star there. But yet he invited a film crew from a Hollywood blockbuster onto the property? Why did it have to be his farm? What if the Martian Manhunter had flown in. Couldn't they have just had the movie filming in Smallville and done exactly the same thing? Clark would never have brought all those cameras onto his farm. It looks like next week he will insist Kara be more secretive again, well at least she didn't bring a film crew to the farm.

2. And yet he did invite them and while the film is in production he stands in his front yard driving posts into the ground with his bare hands. Then he turns around and sees Lana with an expression of, "Oh, I didn't see you there. When did you get home?" Doesn't he think it is a bit dangerous to use his powers when he apparently can't notice anyone walk or drive up to the farm? There was another place in the episode where someone just showed up on the farm and Clark was surprised, which I hate.

3. He had to go to Lex for help with a comic book question? First, I find it hard to believe he would go to Lex for anything, but he certainly would not go there for comic book information that can clearly be found online. And doesn't Lex tell his security to stop letting Clark, storm onto the grounds, through the front door, down the hallway, and into the study? Can you imagine just walking into someone's house like that, let alone your rival's house?

4. That was so stupid when Chloe was able to track who had purchased a particular comic book, and in seconds.

5. The editor of the Planet - is he working for the Luthors? Why the "stay off the Luthors?" And he doesn't want to report that Lionel Luthor is still alive? And I love how he is going to introduce Lois to bigwigs. She was the daughter of a general, the campaign manager and chief of staff for a Kansas and U.S. Senator, and spent all last season dating Oliver Queen, but she still needs to meet the bigwigs of Metropolis?

6. I love how the show takes place in Kansas, but they had those woods, surrounded by mountains, and a big lake. Is Kansas known for its mountains?

7. I can not believe what they are doing to Lana. She has been holding Lionel hostage, with his hand in a bear trap? It is too stupid to list all of the ways in which it is stupid. She hated Clark and Lex for all of their secret keeping and now is keeping all of these secrets from Clark?

8. Yep, Lex is Mrs. Kravitz now. All he wants to do is prove what he already knows, that Clark is a superhuman who can catch a bullet. And isn't it funny how the things he encounters each week don't interest him - Dean Cain was immortal, but yet he MUST figure out the mystery of Clark Kent. How is Clark even special with everything they've had Lex see on this show?

9. I thought the episode was very insulting to the fans. It dismissed all of the real critiques of what they have done to the Superman mythos and how Lana Lang would be better off dead then with what they have done to the characters and labeled the fans as crazy. Could it be that they are really screwing things up and that the criticism is deserved? On no, they know what they are doing. People in Hollywood never produce bad fiction. The whole thing smacked of Michael Bay. "Hey, I'm the world's biggest Transformers fan. I know what is best." "We can do whatever we want with Superman. If you don't agree with us you are an obssessed, insane dork."

Tycho
10-26-2007, 06:37 PM
First, I'm about to agree with almost everything Droid posted below.

Second, I'm still an adoring fan of this show - and Michael Bay's Transformers as well - Droid brings that movie up here, too.

WHY? I think I figured it out:

a) I like the characters. I dig Clark and Lana and their Dawson's Creek soap opera and Lex's conspiracies and gray-area descent into villainy. By the same token, I've loved Optimus Prime since I was a kid.

b) I like the actors chosen for these roles. Everyone knows Kristin is my No.1 dream girl (Lana) and I think the world of Michael Rosenbaum's (Lex) acting, and in Transformers, Peter Cullen (Optimus) is a god amongst men.

c) I'd probably be a fan of an episode where Clark and Lana make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a full hour and a movie where Optimus Prime gets a car wash and an oil change. I am the epitome of "Fan Boy" right there.

But they could remake the Brady Bunch with this cast and I'd be a sucker for watching it:

Greg - Michael Rosenbaum
Peter - Tom Welling
Bobby - Shawn Ashmore
Martha - Erica Durance
Janet - Laura Vandervoot
Cindy - Kristin Kruek

Dad - Julian Glover
Mom - Anette O'Toole
(young) Alice - Allison Mack

Then they could recast Star Wars with Autobots and Decepticons:

R2-D2 - BumbleBee
C-3PO - Ratchet
Obi-Wan Kenobi - as a droid played by Optimus Prime

Palpatine - Megatron
Darth Vader - Starscream
General Grievous - Soundwave

And so forth. I'd probably still dig it (as horrific as these ideas probably are).

That being said, on to Droid's points:

1. How secret a place does Clark believe his farm to be? It looks like next week he will insist Kara be more secretive again, well at least she didn't bring a film crew to the farm.

Exactly. I recommend that you don't THINK at all, and you'll really enjoy this show.

2. Doesn't he think it is a bit dangerous to use his powers when he apparently can't notice anyone walk or drive up to the farm? There was another place in the episode where someone just showed up on the farm and Clark was surprised, which I hate.

Yup. Well, he doesn't have the Force. And Super-Hearing just works when he turns it on or it's a plot convenience.

3. He had to go to Lex for help with a comic book question? First, I find it hard to believe he would go to Lex for anything, but he certainly would not go there for comic book information that can clearly be found online. And doesn't Lex tell his security to stop letting Clark, storm onto the grounds, through the front door, down the hallway, and into the study? Can you imagine just walking into someone's house like that, let alone your rival's house?

Yup. There's no disputing this.

4. That was so stupid when Chloe was able to track who had purchased a particular comic book, and in seconds.

Optimus Prime has revealed to us that all this information is available on eBay.

5. The editor of the Planet - is he working for the Luthors? Why the "stay off the Luthors?" And he doesn't want to report that Lionel Luthor is still alive? And I love how he is going to introduce Lois to bigwigs. She was the daughter of a general, the campaign manager and chief of staff for a Kansas and U.S. Senator, and spent all last season dating Oliver Queen, but she still needs to meet the bigwigs of Metropolis?

Yeah. Lois' career on Smallville isn't exactly clear here, but Droid has the concept down as far as the logic is concerned. If anything, the editor should be interested in her for the connections SHE could get HIM!

6. I love how the show takes place in Kansas, but they had those woods, surrounded by mountains, and a big lake. Is Kansas known for its mountains?

Lex had them installed last week. He thought the state was too flat so he tested his earthquake creating technology and wham! Kansas now has mountains. Why didn't you pick up on that? It's so obvious. ;)

7. I can not believe what they are doing to Lana. She has been holding Lionel hostage, with his hand in a bear trap? It is too stupid to list all of the ways in which it is stupid. She hated Clark and Lex for all of their secret keeping and now is keeping all of these secrets from Clark?

She learned from the pros.

8. Yep, Lex is Mrs. Kravitz now. All he wants to do is prove what he already knows, that Clark is a superhuman who can catch a bullet. And isn't it funny how the things he encounters each week don't interest him - Dean Cain was immortal, but yet he MUST figure out the mystery of Clark Kent. How is Clark even special with everything they've had Lex see on this show?

Agreed. But I'd still watch this cast doing The Brady Bunch. It's a Fan Boy weakness or something.

9. I thought the episode was very insulting to the fans. It dismissed all of the real critiques of what they have done to the Superman mythos and how Lana Lang would be better off dead then with what they have done to the characters and labeled the fans as crazy. Could it be that they are really screwing things up and that the criticism is deserved? On no, they know what they are doing. People in Hollywood never produce bad fiction.

Yeah. I thought it was sort of a message inside of the message myself. Snotty if you ask me.

The whole thing smacked of Michael Bay. "Hey, I'm the world's biggest Transformers fan. I know what is best." "We can do whatever we want with Superman. If you don't agree with us you are an obssessed, insane dork."

Don't pick on Michael Bay! I'm an obsessed insane (Transformers) dork! I'm warning you. But in actuality, I agree with much of the criticism leveled at TF, however, as I noted before, I'm a Fan Boy of this stuff and it might take something seriously awful to sway me away to take the negative side.

JediTricks
10-26-2007, 09:23 PM
I've discovered their true secret. Kara Zor-El is in reality... wait for it... Lionel Luthor! It's the only explanation! You never see them together at the same time after all. It's the only logical conclusion - either that, or the producers are too cheap to have 2 secondary cast members in an episode at the same time, but that'd be ridiculous.

Droid, I'm afraid some weeks, you're just gonna have to take the hate-reins from me, and you did a great job with this week's turdfest. I think my favorite part had to be when Clark accidentally reveals the bullet in his hand to the PA/killer, as if he isn't also standing in front of a bunch of cameras and people that might ALSO notice. Maybe he should do a sweep of the area before pulling that sort of thing. Oh, and how did Clark know to x-ray the gun at all? And x-raying a GUN?!?

That was weird that the villain's bedroom had toys from other DC comics lines, I saw for sure a figure of Mister Freeze.

How exactly did Clark drop faster than Lana? He can't self-propel and he didn't push off.

Why leave Lionel alive at all, much less in a pothead's cabin?

What was the point of the starlet being enamored with Clark only to go nowhere with it?

Granted, it made one of those "telling visuals" moments, but wasn't Clark's leaving that cape on his fence at the end a little too d*ckish of him? He could have donated it to charity if he didn't want to keep it.

Uh, why exactly is the villain keeping Clark's secret? Or is this a devious plot on the part of Belle Reve to have ALL those who have been beaten by Clark keep their mouths shut?

And the worst part is that this wasn't the worst ep of the season.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Uh, why exactly is the villain keeping Clark's secret? Or is this a devious plot on the part of Belle Reve to have ALL those who have been beaten by Clark keep their mouths shut?

And the worst part is that this wasn't the worst ep of the season.

I disagree; for the most part, I thought it was a decent episode. I enjoyed it.

And the crazy fan is keeping clarks secret because he's a comic book fan and he knows that revealing Clarks power to Lex could only hurt him at the moment. He's not going to betray the trust of a hero. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-28-2007, 09:53 PM
How can you disagree that this wasn't the worst ep of the season if you liked it? :p

JetsAndHeels
10-29-2007, 10:22 PM
How can you disagree that this wasn't the worst ep of the season if you liked it? :p

There is only one possible explanation: meteor infection. :)

Here is the official description for this week's new episode. Helen Slater here we come!!

The 6th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, November 1st at 8.00pm. Titled "Lara", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

"Clark (Tom Welling) learns Kara (Laura Vandervoort) is in Washington searching for the crystal. Kara is captured after she breaks into the lab and sedated with a kryptonite-infused truth serum. The serum causes her to relive a prior trip to Earth when she followed Clark's biological mother, Lara (gust star Helen Slater), to the Kent farm. Clark arrives in time to save her but, after searing the machine with heat vision, he also falls victim to the serum and sees what Kara sees: his mother."

"Lara" was written by Don Whitehead and Holly Henderson and directed by James Conway.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-29-2007, 11:20 PM

Uh buh..wait..i .........dammit! lol Got me there, JT! :thumbsup:

Tycho
10-30-2007, 12:51 AM
JetsAndHeels' description sounds like it will be a good episode for the old cliche, sentimental, tear-jerker. Thing is - that usually works on me. I bet I'll like the show.

Anyone know anything about Annette O'Toole and where she is in real life?

DarthBrandon
10-30-2007, 06:33 PM
JetsAndHeels' description sounds like it will be a good episode for the old cliche, sentimental, tear-jerker. Thing is - that usually works on me. I bet I'll like the show.

Anyone know anything about Annette O'Toole and where she is in real life?

She left the show & resides in Los Angeles with her husband & kids. She recently was singing back-up for her husbands band & that's about all I know.

JetsAndHeels
10-30-2007, 06:38 PM
She left the show & resides in Los Angeles with her husband & kids. She recently was singing back-up for her husbands band & that's about all I know.

Yeah, she is married to Michael McKean...he played Perry White in season 3 and was also on SNL in the 90's.

JediTricks
10-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Annette O'Toole is a huge Superman fan, so I'm guessing she got disgusted and left the series. ;) (Ok, I doubt it, but how crazy would that be?)

Oh man, now Clark's mother has come to Earth too? And she visited the Kent farm? And Kara came with her? Holy crap, I didn't realize the center of the universe was that f'ing farmhouse! What next, Jor-El's uncle once visited Earth and was a famous general in the civil war?

Droid
10-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Oh man, now Clark's mother has come to Earth too? And she visited the Kent farm? And Kara came with her? Holy crap, I didn't realize the center of the universe was that f'ing farmhouse! What next, Jor-El's uncle once visited Earth and was a famous general in the civil war?

I am beyond upset that in the Smallville version of events Jor-El and Lara visited Smallville.

I am just so tired of the show.

JetsAndHeels
10-31-2007, 06:37 PM
I am beyond upset that in the Smallville version of events Jor-El and Lara visited Smallville.

I am just so tired of the show.

They're not even trying anymore....the show is near its end so the mentality is probably why even bother now?

Its sad really....seasons 1-3 are my favorites. What could have been.

Tycho
10-31-2007, 09:32 PM
I have an idea for an episode: General Zod escapes the Phantom Zone and uses time travel to go back after the used-spaceship salesman that got him and his aides the first black ship that crashed. Because it couldn't land right, he thinks he deserves a refund and he hasn't made payments because the bank exploded with Krypton. But Clark finds out about it when Chloe hacks the Kryptonian credit bureau through the interplanetary internet (invented by Al Gore-El, who was Kal-El's cousin twice removed).

So Clark and Kara take on the mission of the now-destroyed Kryptonian spaceship financer and together face down Zod and send him back to the Phantom Zone with a bad credit rating! But Brainiac is waiting in the wings and he can erase all computer records!

JetsAndHeels
11-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Guess what guys...we now have yet another Kryptonian showing up on the show...this time played by Marc McClure...in the episode "Persona" he will be playing a Kryptonian who has been living on earth as a human:

"Smallville" will see another Superman family actor return to the world of Superman later this season.

Marc McClure, who played Jimmy Olsen in the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, has just finished filming scenes for an up-coming episode of "Smallville".

Marc will be playing a Kryptonian known as Dax-Ur.

Droid
11-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Marc McClure, who played Jimmy Olsen in the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, has just finished filming scenes for an up-coming episode of "Smallville".

Marc will be playing a Kryptonian known as Dax-Ur.

I said a while back I really thought he should be on Smallville, but I just can not believe how many Kryptonians survived the destruction of Krypton.

1. Kal-El should be the only non-villain to survive the explosion. His rocket should have been experimental and Jor-El did not yet have time to build the full version for himself and Lara. If Kryptonians were space travellers then there would obviously be other survivors. Only those in the Phantom Zone should have survived.

2. Kal-El should be the first Kryptonian ever to arrive on Earth. He should also be the first superhero known to Earth.

Tycho
11-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Geeze. I was only KIDDING in my post about an episode idea above. If the writers of Smallville actually are reading our humble thread here, I don't want them to come away from this with any other idea except: END THE SHOW!

Season 7 is Michael Rosenbaum's last. I sincerely hope it will be the show's last.

I've recommended they do a "Jor-El" spin-off, even with Jor-El visiting earth and hiding the stones from Season 4. You could even have Tom Welling play his own character's father. This would be consistant with Smallville's new continuity and show Krypton some more, even - but not screw Smallville and the Superman legend up even more. I've been a defender of Smallville and enjoyed the series more than most of you here, but even I am seeing that "enough is enough" with Kryptonian characters.

I would say that if Lara could get to earth with Jor-El at some point, she would have to investigate where he planned on sending their son. If earth was Krypton's version of Risa (I hope everyone understands the Star Trek reference) - well they really need to "out that" and write it well because it's so divergent from traditional Superman lore.

JediTricks
11-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Marc McClure? Geez, scraping the bottom of the barrel there guys, he's not a particularly good actor, but he's in so much since he went bald that he's way too recognizable. What's the point of going out like this?

JetsAndHeels
11-02-2007, 10:45 PM
More characters coming to Smallville...I guess since this thing is in its last leg the producers want to jam pack it full of new appearances:

Another DC Comics Superhero will be joining "Smallville" later this season in the shape of Black Canary. TVGuide.com has revealed that Black Canary will appear in the January 10th episode of "Smallville", with Canadian actress Alaina Huffman (Painkiller Jane) set to wear the fishnet stockings.

As comic fans know, where there's Black Canary, the Green Arrow can't be far behind. Indeed, the episode, titled "Siren," will feature the return of the Emerald Archer (played by popular guest star Justin Hartley), last seen in January heading off with his newly formed Justice League.

In DC Comics lore, the two crimefighters have a long and complicated romantic history. But in a unique twist, Smallville will pit them against each other - at least initially. "When we meet her, she's a vigilante working for Lex Luthor," Gough says. The Justice League "has been keeping their eyes on Lex and trying to thwart him at every turn." Fed up, Lex "will say to Black Canary, if you can bring me the head of the Green Arrow, I'll make it very much worth your while."

Tycho
11-03-2007, 01:57 AM
That's cool JetsAndHeels. Thanks for sharing!

I posted in the group on MySpace that perhaps the show will be continuing after the departure of Lex.

Brainiac (James Marsters) is coming back and they could bring him on full-time for Season 8. You'd think if 7 was the last one, they'd have let us know by now, right?

The Justice League could also be stepped up for the show. We don't know. But how long is Clark going to put off his training?

JetsAndHeels
11-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Tycho, I am not sure the show would really be any good at all (not that it has been high quality now) without Lex. I also believe Kristin Kreuk won't be back for an 8th season, if what I have heard is correct.
At any rate, when actors begin leaving a show in numbers like this, it isnt usually a good sign.

The guys over in the Heroes thread have been discussing the industry strike and how it has affected that show...will it affect Smallville as well? Here is an article I picked up while doing my daily "super-surfing" online:

For some time now we've heard about the possibility of industry strikes and how they might derail up-coming movies, but with the Writer's Guild of America (WGA) sanctioning the strike process this week, little has been said about how this might affect TV shows.

Will "Smallville" be affected by the strikes? Quite possibly according to Executive Producer Al Gough.

"Yes, it will affect all scripted TV", Al Gough told the Superman Homepage. "Not sure what this means for the season, that depends on how long the strike lasts. But if it's a long one, you won't see new episodes after the middle of February."

"Please understand that no writer wants a strike," adds Gough, "but the issues we are fighting for will determine not only our future in the digital age, but the future of generations of writers to come. If we don't take a stand now, that future will look pretty bleak."

If the strikes do impact on "Smallville" what will it mean for the current season?

"If the season is cut short, we have planned for a cliffhanger", explains Al Gough. "That's all I can really say right now."

JetsAndHeels
11-05-2007, 08:07 AM
The 7th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, November 8th at 8.00pm. Titled "Wrath", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

LANA ABSORBS CLARK'S POWERS AND GOES AFTER LEX - Kryptonite and high voltage mix during a lightning storm, causing Lana (Kristin Kreuk) to absorb Clark's (Tom Welling) powers. Using her newfound super powers, she breaks into Lex's (Michael Rosenbaum) safe and steals incriminating evidence which she then delivers to Lois (Erica Durance) and Grant (Michael Cassidy), demanding they run a story exposing Lex's secrets. After Grant refuses to use stolen material, Lana decides to take care of Lex herself. Clark tries to stop Lana from killing Lex and a super battle ensues between the two.

Allison Mack, Erica Durance, Aaron Ashmore and John Glover also star. Charles Beeson directed the episode written by Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders.

Droid
11-05-2007, 03:39 PM
LANA ABSORBS CLARK'S POWERS AND GOES AFTER LEX - Kryptonite and high voltage mix during a lightning storm, causing Lana (Kristin Kreuk) to absorb Clark's (Tom Welling) powers. Using her newfound super powers, she breaks into Lex's (Michael Rosenbaum) safe and steals incriminating evidence which she then delivers to Lois (Erica Durance) and Grant (Michael Cassidy), demanding they run a story exposing Lex's secrets. After Grant refuses to use stolen material, Lana decides to take care of Lex herself. Clark tries to stop Lana from killing Lex and a super battle ensues between the two.

Gee they already did an episode where Clark lost his powers because of Kryptonite lightning, which was stupid then and will be stupid now. Lois and Clark did an epsiode where Lois got Clark's powers. It is a mildly amusing premise, but has been done and is really more for humor then making any scientific sense at all.

Clark isn't wearing a magic jacket that can be worn by someone else. He is who he is because of his DNA. He can't just switch with humans.

JetsAndHeels
11-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Gee they already did an episode where Clark lost his powers because of Kryptonite lightning, which was stupid then and will be stupid now. Lois and Clark did an epsiode where Lois got Clark's powers. It is a mildly amusing premise, but has been done and is really more for humor then making any scientific sense at all.

Don't forget the episode in season 4 where Clark and Lionel switched bodies. That was a pretty decent episode though IMO.

Droid
11-06-2007, 10:10 AM
That was a pretty good episode actually, with a terrible premise that makes no sense. I have enjoyed the Kryptonian redemption of Lionel.

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 03:12 PM
This show is heading far down the crappierre. The weird thing is, while horrible, the changes to Legion of Super Heroes and The Batman cartoons are turning out less awful than this.

JetsAndHeels
11-07-2007, 07:03 PM
The weird thing is, while horrible, the changes to Legion of Super Heroes and The Batman cartoons are turning out less awful than this.

I don't watch The Batman (although I did view the 2 season premiere episodes with Superman in them).

LOSH is actually one of my favorite animated programs on tv right now. What exactly do you not like about it?

And here is a followup to what I posted earlier about Smallville and how the writers' strike will affect it:

Al Gough emailed the Superman Homepage the following letter to fans regarding the status of "Smallville" in relation to the Writers Guild of America (WGA) strike currently taking place...

As of 12:01 am yesterday, our entire writing staff is on strike. That means that the pencils went down and there won't be any more scripts until our guild, the WGA, receives a fair deal from the studios and networks. The biggest sticking point is residuals on the internet and new media. Residuals are the amount a writer gets paid every time an episode or movie they wrote is rebroadcast. Right now there is no formula in place for internet downloads. So any episode of any show that you download on iTunes or other such services, or watch for free at one of the network's ad-supported websites, the writer gets nothing. I think we can all agree that is unfair.

Screenwriting isn't like other professions. There is no guarantee of employment week to week or year to year. It is a feast or famine business, and when the music stops, you may not still have a chair. As a film school teacher once described it -- you can't make a living, but you can make a killing. It is those times when you are working that you have to plan for the future, because it doesn't last forever. Miles and I have been writing together for 15 years now. Each year I wonder if this is when it all comes crashing down.

I know that if most people have even heard of a screen or television writer, it is usually someone high profile and rich. However, the majority of writers in our guild are middle class. They live paycheck to paycheck. Residuals are what get you through the lean times, so that you can continue doing what you love for as long as you can, and still support your family.

Please understand that no writer wanted a strike, but the issues we are fighting for will determine not only our future in the digital age, but the future of generations of writers to come. If we don't take a stand now, that future will look pretty bleak.

We were able to complete scripts for 15 episodes. Episode 15 is a cliffhanger. To the best of my knowledge, the studio plans to produce all of them. If there isn't a quick resolution, then the season ends in February. It is our wish that this strike will be resolved quickly so that we can get back to doing what we love -- writing.

From the entire writing staff, thank you for your continued support.

Up, up and away!

Al Gough & Miles Millar

Droid
11-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Gee, I wish they would write shows that are as good as their letter explaining why they aren't writing shows.

JediTricks
11-08-2007, 05:10 PM
I don't watch The Batman (although I did view the 2 season premiere episodes with Superman in them).They've also included Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter (with giant jaw!) and The Flash lately, and I think Hawkman is coming up soon.

LOSH is actually one of my favorite animated programs on tv right now. What exactly do you not like about it?Season 2 kicking off with the new XTREME! Legionaries and clone of Superman and then continuing down that path.

figrin bran
11-08-2007, 10:55 PM
I loved the changes to LOSH and felt they were for the better.

Never mind the fact that I customized a JLU Supes figure in Superman X colors, the darker feel of the show is definitely better than all the Brainiac 5 goes delirious/superhero tryouts shananigans.

Tycho
11-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Tonight's episode rocked. I enjoyed it and thought the writing and the acting was very impressive.

All the questions I had about Clark and Lana's relationship state were answered as well.

I loved her running around in the nightshirt, btw!

figrin bran
11-09-2007, 02:28 AM
Tonight's episode rocked. I enjoyed it and thought the writing and the acting was very impressive.

All the questions I had about Clark and Lana's relationship state were answered as well.

Are you sure? I still think there's a lot unanswered about them.

Tycho
11-09-2007, 02:31 AM
No. The sex question is all I cared about. You can always continue having sex with someone you hate as long as they are attractive.

Droid
11-09-2007, 10:40 AM

Even though I think the premise is terrible, I really did think this was a pretty good episode. It was a pleasant spin that Clark still had his powers.

I liked that there was not a freak of the week and there was quite of bit of the drama built on the interaction of the characters. And some of the Clark and Lex conversations made sense (of course I hated Clark not even noticing Lex standing in his living room until Lex spoke).

I like that they answered the question Tycho had about Clark and Lana because I wondered the same thing.

I thought it was neat that Chloe reminded Clark about what having powers did to Jonathon's heart. We should be so lucky that Lana meets the same fate.

The way they are brining back Fine isn't bad.

Where was Kara? Where would she go, especially since in the last episode she was going to try to develop a life in Smallville.

I guessed that the Planet editor was working for the Luthors. Couldn't care less about Lois' story line.

I thought that Clark was unclear to Lionel that he had not lost his powers, but that Lana had just gained them. I also thought it was funny that Lionel did not help to solve the problem the way Clark asked.

So Chloe and Lana are going to throw down. Huh.

I like how they make Lex evil for a reason, and you could almost buy into the fact that he is a man on a mission to save Earth rather than evil. But let he faked Lana's pregnancy and did so many other things on this show that make him pure evil.

Next week's episode looks horrible. Oh great, another Kryptonian.

Tycho
11-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Are you guys satisfied that the show has been clear enough that Lionel is Jor-El's vessel?

If so, Lex is not crazy evil - everyone around him has been after him and turning into alien-empowered beings including his ex-wife and his own father. He has to come out with it that he knows Clark is an alien by now, and not just meteor-infected or whatever. If he thought the latter, he might've tried harder to make Clark one of his pet mutants in his labs.

But they should also establish that the reason he is not afraid of Clark is that by now, he knows Clark's nature and that Clark wouldn't just kill him the way a desciple of Zod would.

But Lex is the perfect guy to be dealing with all this as since he was little, people have tried to exploit him for his money. He is wary of betrayal and knows what to watch for. I totally relate to what Lex is doing (some of the time) and actually admire him for it. Other times he crosses ethical boundaries like with 33.1 that maybe just should never be crossed.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2007, 12:51 PM
The premise was yeah, silly, but I enjoyed the episode. It was great to see Clark finally get info on Lana and for her to be revealed as the psycho she has been this season. The scenes between Clark and Lex were great to watch; very intense. I do wish the fight scene between Lana and Clark would've been a bit longer. I was pretty much hoping she would go ballistic and he would be forced to lay the kryptonian smackdown on her. And that scene with Chloe warning Lana not to hurt Clark was GREAT. :thumbsup:

and that sex scene was pretty hysterical. i wonder if we'll get more in a deleted scene? I know Tycho wants it. :crazed: hehe

Tycho
11-09-2007, 12:59 PM
and that sex scene was pretty hysterical. i wonder if we'll get more in a deleted scene? I know Tycho wants it. :crazed: hehe

Nah. What I want is to be Tom Welling's stunt double for any scene that Kristin's carrying through herself. :love:

Droid
11-09-2007, 03:23 PM
If so, Lex is not crazy evil - everyone around him has been after him and turning into alien-empowered beings including his ex-wife and his own father. He has to come out with it that he knows Clark is an alien by now, and not just meteor-infected or whatever. If he thought the latter, he might've tried harder to make Clark one of his pet mutants in his labs.

If you watch what Lex has done episode by episode throughout this show he IS crazy evil. He isn't just doing what he does to save humanity. He led Lana to believe she was pregnant and that she had lost her baby. 'Nuff said.

Tycho
11-09-2007, 03:47 PM
He led Lana to believe she was pregnant and that she had lost her baby. 'Nuff said.

No. Not 'nuff said. He did what he thought needed to be done to keep Lana around because he wanted his dream girl endeared to him. His scheme didn't work and probably couldn't have worked from the get-go, as I'm not sure Lana was ever really that interested in him. Maybe in a non-serious, sort of temporary way.

However, she was a nice girl, pretty much. Lex tainted her a lot. So perhaps it matters which lady friend he treats in such a manner? I don't know. I'm not as certain about the ethical question there. However, I don't think Lana needed to be treated in such a manner.

The fact that the show seems inconsistent from week to week, season to season, makes it harder to tell whether Lana ever deserved such mistreatment. If you didn't believe she was possessed by Isabel, and that sort of thing, and thought she was just making it all up to excuse her actions, then yeah she's been one heck of a b1tch. If you don't believe her quite wild excuses.

My excuse is that I'm possessed by the power of Michael Bay. So please excuse all of my crazy posts around here ;)

JediTricks
11-09-2007, 10:53 PM
I loved the changes to LOSH and felt they were for the better.

Never mind the fact that I customized a JLU Supes figure in Superman X colors, the darker feel of the show is definitely better than all the Brainiac 5 goes delirious/superhero tryouts shananigans.But it didn't seem authentic to the material at all, it seemed very generic action cartoony instead.

I didn't care for last night's episode, even the characters had a "been there, done that" feel to their motivations, the final solution was ultra lazy, and Lana's drunkenness with power was waaaaay over the top. And what was with Lois' hair, going from authentic Lois Lane-style in the beginning back to the normal bimbo hair they normally give her by the end (and, might I add, a noticeably longer length). And her boss... that was pretty lame. Oh, and yet another episode where it's a damn good thing Lex has cameras everywhere except any room Clark has to perform super powers with. But at least Clark was self-diluted the entire time, that really made sense. :rolleyes:

I like how they make Lex evil for a reason, and you could almost buy into the fact that he is a man on a mission to save Earth rather than evil. But let he faked Lana's pregnancy and did so many other things on this show that make him pure evil.I've always liked Lex's motivations being that way, it makes him a true character rather than PURELY a megalomaniacal sociopath. But this Lex did all those things and killed a guy with his bare hands, so yeah... evil.

JetsAndHeels
11-12-2007, 12:15 PM
The 8th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, November 15th at 8.00pm. Titled "Blue", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

HELEN SLATER RETURNS AS LARA-EL; CLARK MEETS HIS BIOLOGICAL MOTHER FOR THE FIRST TIME - Clark (Tom Welling) hears the voice of his biological mother, Lara (guest star Helen Slater), calling for help from Kara's (Laura Vandervoort) crystal and decides to release her, despite Jor-El's warnings. Lara and Clark reunite and she gives him Jor-El's ring, which contains blue kryptonite. As Clark puts it on, he realizes Zor-El (guest star Christopher Heyerdahl) manipulated the whole thing and that blue kryptonite strips him of his powers, enabling Zor-El to take control of the Fortress of Solitude.

Meanwhile, Chloe (Allison Mack) and Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) each discover Lois (Erica Durance) and Grant (Michael Cassidy) have been seeing each other and warn them to stop. Kristin Kreuk, Aaron Ashmore and John Glover also star. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer.

Tycho
11-12-2007, 12:18 PM
HELEN SLATER RETURNS AS LARA-EL; CLARK MEETS HIS BIOLOGICAL MOTHER FOR THE FIRST TIME - Clark (Tom Welling) hears the voice of his biological mother, Lara (guest star Helen Slater), calling for help from Kara's (Laura Vandervoort) crystal and decides to release her, despite Jor-El's warnings. Lara and Clark reunite and she gives him Jor-El's ring, which contains blue kryptonite. As Clark puts it on, he realizes Zor-El (guest star Christopher Heyerdahl) manipulated the whole thing and that blue kryptonite strips him of his powers, enabling Zor-El to take control of the Fortress of Solitude. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Chloe (Allison Mack) and Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) each discover Lois (Erica Durance) and Grant (Michael Cassidy) have been seeing each other and warn them to stop.

This part is OK, but typical for this show.

Droid
11-12-2007, 02:32 PM
HELEN SLATER RETURNS AS LARA-EL; CLARK MEETS HIS BIOLOGICAL MOTHER FOR THE FIRST TIME - Clark (Tom Welling) hears the voice of his biological mother, Lara (guest star Helen Slater), calling for help from Kara's (Laura Vandervoort) crystal and decides to release her, despite Jor-El's warnings. Lara and Clark reunite and she gives him Jor-El's ring, which contains blue kryptonite. As Clark puts it on, he realizes Zor-El (guest star Christopher Heyerdahl) manipulated the whole thing and that blue kryptonite strips him of his powers, enabling Zor-El to take control of the Fortress of Solitude.

Soooo, if Zor-El told Kara to find the Crystal and the Crystal was meant for Kara then why exactly was Zor-El laying a trap for Kal-El? Didn't Zor-El expect Kara to factor into his plan somehow?

And why does a dead Kryptonian care if a living Kryptonian has powers or not? Ha, ha, ha, now I'm dead and control the Fortress of Soitude and Kal-El has no powers and I am unstoppable... oh wait, I forgot, I'm dead.

Just one time I would like Clark to listen to Jor-El. Jor-El always advises something Clark doesn't like so the audience views Jor-El as a jerk and then Clark makes a huge mistake showing Jor-El was right all along. Cycle continues.

If memory serves, Blue Kryptonite heals the effects of red or green Kryptonite. Blue Kryptonite hurt Bizarro. I believe Gold Kryptonite took Clark's powers.

Funny how Zor-El understands the effects that radioactive pieces of Krypton would have on Earth. He knew what fragments would become blue, green, red, and what effect that would have on Clark. Why not use your genius to resurrect yourself or survive Krypton's destruction? And why take Clark's powers, why not put green Kryptonite in the ring and kill him?

So on Smallville many Kryptonians besides Jor-El knew Krypton would be destroyed and planned for it?

At least they explained Jor-El destroyed the portals so we understand why the ships were necessary.

JetsAndHeels
11-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Droid, those are all good questions.

About the Kryptonite thing, yes, the gold K removes Clark's powers permanently.

I basically blame all of this on Lana.

Droid
11-12-2007, 06:09 PM
I basically blame all of this on Lana.

GREAT line!

JediTricks
11-13-2007, 10:55 PM
What's funny is that the Superman part of that spoiler-filled synopsis actually seems a little of post-silver-age Superman books, late '60s or early '70s stuff, that was a convoluted period in the Superman comic line.

The problem is that they made Jor-El come off as a villain, Clark must dominate/rule the humans, etc., etc., which makes him impossible to trust. The writers have really gotten this series in too deep to fix, I fear.

Tycho
11-13-2007, 11:27 PM
The problem is that they made Jor-El come off as a villain, Clark must dominate/rule the humans, etc., etc., which makes him impossible to trust. The writers have really gotten this series in too deep to fix, I fear.

Yes, but if this was the Rancor Pit, I could make a very good real-life comparison that's contemporary if still inappropriate for Superman.

Droid
11-14-2007, 10:56 AM

I don't even think the writers remember that at this point. I think they have backed off of the "rule them with strength" nonsense.

JediTricks
11-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah, but they still have the character a total d*ck anyway.

Tycho
11-16-2007, 07:18 PM
BIG SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE.

DISCONTINUE READING THIS THREAD NOW.

ZOD

It was said Julian died as a baby. It's possible that his own mother had killed him and Lex helped her cover it up.

Lex thought Julian was dead - as when he had a mental crack, he believed he was caring for an empty bundle of blankets that was his baby (when Lana got knocked out by her horse and met Adam in rehab -season 3 I think).

When was it ever revealed or explained that Julian was still alive?

Is it possible that Grant is NOT Julian Luthor, but was adopted or something, so Lex just has him convinced that he was born a Luthor?

Couldn't they have done this plot with Lucas Luthor, Lex's half-brother that's been on the show before?

I think it will be more interesting if it's revealed that Grant might not know who he was born, and he is not really the deceased Julian Luthor.

figrin bran
11-17-2007, 03:23 AM
Those of us who watch Heroes just had to endure a pointless bout with amnesia for Peter and now we have to endure the same thing with Kara?

JetsAndHeels
11-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Those of us who watch Heroes just had to endure a pointless bout with amnesia for Peter and now we have to endure the same thing with Kara?

Sorry dude, I have no idea what you're talking about. Who are you anyway?

So Julian is alive..big deal..just get Braniac back on the show so there is something there I can actually enjoy.

Tycho
11-17-2007, 10:30 AM
We don't know that he's alive. We just know that Lex says he is and treats Grant as if he's that person.

Whether it's another conspiracy as deep as I'm hoping for all depends on how intelligent the writers are, and how smart they think their audience is.

Um, it's probably way too much to hope for, and we haven't really had many examples of anything that smart coming out of this ummmm "talent pool."

Meanwhile, I'm watching all my Superman movies, marathon style.

That is Superman I, Superman II, and Superman Returns. I'm thoroughly enjoying them. It was the right time for me to watch, too. This is not a compliment to Smallville necessarily, but that show brought out the desire in me to watch more Superman stuff - perhaps better stuff?

In Superman II there seems to be a girl at the Daily Planet that reminds me of Chloe - but only by way of wishful thinking. The character is definitely NOT Chloe btw. But they could CGI her in if they wanted for the next Special Edition - you know, George Lucas style. If they screw up, it will be Jabba the Hutt and the Emperor added into those Superman scenes, but that would also be interesting. How the heck would the great Hutt get up the elevator in the Daily Planet anyway?

JetsAndHeels
11-17-2007, 04:45 PM
But they could CGI her in if they wanted for the next Special Edition - you know, George Lucas style. If they screw up, it will be Jabba the Hutt and the Emperor added into those Superman scenes, but that would also be interesting. How the heck would the great Hutt get up the elevator in the Daily Planet anyway?

No, not a good idea. They have already released the Donner cut of Superman II and that is enough.

JediTricks
11-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Thursday's ep had some good elements, the Zor-El parts were slightly better than I expected, but once again it was another instant-conclusion which disappointed. And they kept the dumb soap opera crap to a bare minimum for a while, but I was so disappointed to be able to call Kara's needless, stupid amnesia, from that point on the ep went in the crapper and never returned. The big reveal at the end with it being Julian was such a cheat, so very soaps, the long lost heir to the throne junk. What is wrong with the writers on this show?!?

Droid
11-19-2007, 10:05 AM
I also thought the episode was better than I thought it would be, given that I loathe the premise. However, I was hoping Kara would die or snap out of existence when the crystal shattered. I don't care about her amnesia.

What is Jor-El going to do to punish this time, take Clark's powers again, level the fortress, level the farm, kill Lana (fingers crossed), kill Martha?

The Julian situation infuriates me. The Lex-Julian back story was one of the few neat things they did with Lex on this show (though the episode with the third brother ruined its punch - whatever happened to that guy?). If you watch the episode where Lionel finds out his wife killed Julian and not Lex you won't think for one second that Julian survived and was put up for adoption. This is soap opera nonsense that I imagine that writer's thought up last season at the earliest.

Tycho
11-19-2007, 10:18 AM
I agree with Droid's post. This is why I hope that all this is a mind-fk done on Grant by Lex, and the real Julian Luthor did actually die as a baby.

Would that take more mature writing than the Smallville team is capable of? I guess we're going to find out. But we can still hold on to some hope that Grant is not Julian Luthor.

JetsAndHeels
12-09-2007, 01:11 PM
A couple of updates for Smallville:

Update #1:
The 9th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, December 13th at 8.00pm. Titled "Gemini", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

CHLOE REVEALS TO JIMMY THAT SHE IS A METEOR FREAK - Clark (Tom Welling) returns to Smallville from the Fortress and tells Lana (Kristin Kreuk) that Kara (Laura Vandervoort) is gone. Clark tells Lana they should team up to bring Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) down, so she gives him all the information she's gathered so far, including a report on a man named Adrian (guest star Tim Guinee), who was infected with an alien substance.

Adrian secretly plants a bomb on Chloe (Allison Mack) and tells Lois (Erica Durance) if she doesn't get Lex to admit the truth about his experiments with 33.1, he will detonate the bomb. Chloe, thinking she is about to die, confesses to Jimmy (Aaron Ashmore) that she is a meteor freak. John Glover also stars. Whitney Ransick directed the episode written by Caroline Dries.

For some photos of upcoming season 7 episodes, click here (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=4279).

Update:2
Pete Ross returning to Smallville
IGN.com has discovered that Pete Ross will be returning to "Smallville"!

Clark Kent is about to be reunited with an old friend, as Sam Jones III returns to Smallville in the role of Pete Ross. IGN TV has the scoop on Pete's return, which will take place in an upcoming episode called "Hero."

An air date for this episode has yet to be determined, however it is slated as being the 13th episode of Season 7 and will air in 2008. The next new episode of "Smallville" (titled "Gemini") airs Thursday, December 13th.

Tycho
12-09-2007, 01:24 PM
I wonder how the writers' strike will affect the show - like how many episodes we'll get this season? And how will it effect the DVD box sets?

Will a shorter season 7 then mean (because of episode numbers in his contract) mean that Michael Rosenbaum will be in some of Season 8?

This could get weird.

Droid
12-09-2007, 08:25 PM
I think it is great that they are bringing Pete back. How about an episode with Martha this season?

JetsAndHeels
12-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I think it is great that they are bringing Pete back. How about an episode with Martha this season?

I agree....Pete is a great character. I thought he was very good on the show, but underrated because he wasn't Clark, Lex, or Lana.

The Martha idea is a good one too. Hey, they are bringing Pete and Milton Fine back...why not Ma Kent?

I really miss Smallville from the earlier seasons...1-3 were the best. At least I have them on dvd so I can always take a trip down memory lane.

JediTricks
12-12-2007, 12:52 AM
They should bring back Pa Kent.

Droid
12-12-2007, 12:45 PM
They should bring back Pa Kent.

DARN RIGHT! The show went way down hill after episode 100 in my opinion. Pa was the moral center of the show and I miss him. Once again, ignoring what the 1980's reboot did, keeping his parents alive.

Maybe Pete will pursue Chloe since he had a thing for her. Wonder what Pete will make of the fact that everyone but Lex knows Clark's secret now?

Tycho
12-12-2007, 02:13 PM
No. There are people at Smallville General Hospital (seen almost every other show) that still don't know Clark's secret either ;)

Droid
12-12-2007, 02:56 PM
No. There are people at Smallville General Hospital (seen almost every other show) that still don't know Clark's secret either ;)

And they just aren't paying attention since he rose from the dead on their watch and no one questioned it at all.

Tycho
12-12-2007, 04:46 PM
And they just aren't paying attention since he rose from the dead on their watch and no one questioned it at all.

Kind of like the viewing audience. :D

Droid
12-18-2007, 05:25 PM
I think it says a lot that five days later no one posted anything about the last episode. It means that the show is now suffering from something far worse than us hating it - complete disinterest.

I am glad that it is a clone of Julian rather than Julian, but I could still care less about the plot.

So Clark is encased in Crystalite. And Bizarro is running around. How did Bizarro know Clark was out of the picture so he could swoop in and claim Clark's life? And is he wanting to team up with Fine? And how did Bizarro get out of whatever Martian Manhunter did with him? Is Jor-El or the Manhunter letting Bizarro do this to punish Clark? I don't care about the answers. It is all stupid to me.

Why did Kryptonians need the Phantom Zone? They could just put criminals in crystal.

I was kind of pleased for a minute because I thought that maybe Clark was finally going to fly.

Why does Bizarro care about saving Chloe? Why isn't he just going on a rampage? Wasn't he a bloodthirsty criminal from the Phantom Zone before Clark made him Bizarro?

Tycho
12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
I think it says a lot that five days later no one posted anything about the last episode. It means that the show is now suffering from something far worse than us hating it - complete disinterest.

I watched the episode and liked it actually. However, some here already predicted the clone plot. That came to play. I was just disinterested in talking about it. I'll still buy the DVD. :crazed:

I am glad that it is a clone of Julian rather than Julian, Agreed.

As to your other questions, it comes down to inconsistent writing - or at least it seems that way. I guess time will tell. Season 4 with the witches and stupid stones turned out alright actually.

JetsAndHeels
12-19-2007, 09:54 AM
I haven't posted about it because I didn't like it.

I, like Droid, was pleased to see "Clark" fly, until at the end of the episode we see it was Bizarro all along.

Like I said before, just bring on Braniac. Hopefully things get a little bit better then.

JediTricks
12-19-2007, 04:38 PM

I am glad that it is a clone of Julian rather than Julian, but I could still care less about the plot.

So Clark is encased in Crystalite. And Bizarro is running around. How did Bizarro know Clark was out of the picture so he could swoop in and claim Clark's life? And is he wanting to team up with Fine? And how did Bizarro get out of whatever Martian Manhunter did with him? Is Jor-El or the Manhunter letting Bizarro do this to punish Clark? I don't care about the answers. It is all stupid to me.

Why did Kryptonians need the Phantom Zone? They could just put criminals in crystal.

I was kind of pleased for a minute because I thought that maybe Clark was finally going to fly.

Why does Bizarro care about saving Chloe? Why isn't he just going on a rampage? Wasn't he a bloodthirsty criminal from the Phantom Zone before Clark made him Bizarro?I totally missed it! :D Looks like a ton of crazy crap went down too. They should never have put this on in December during a strike, that was really stupid, nobody was going to remember to watch it.

Tycho
12-19-2007, 08:31 PM
JT, if you search groups on MySpace, the large Smallville one moderated by Jorge usually has a link to where you can watch it online in one of the top threads. They need to keep that on the downlow usually, as they are not supposed to have the episodes blatantly posted where you can watch them from YouTube with no commercials benefitting WB.

If I come across the link I'll post it here, but I'm not currently looking for it.

JediTricks
12-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Nah, no thanks, I don't do TV via MS or YT, it looks like crap and it streams really slow. I'll catch it in reruns or not, it doesn't feel the least bit important, they couldn't be bothered to reward a long-time viewer like me with putting it on when it's expected, so why should I put myself out to watch their product which is faltering anyway?

JetsAndHeels
12-24-2007, 12:35 PM
TV Guide's "Ask Ausiello" reveals that Jane Seymour will be returning to "Smallville" in episode 15 of Season 7.

I can confirm that Jane Seymour is returning for the final pre-strike episode (No. 15), which probably won't air until February. It's safe to say she'll appear in a flashback since Lana stabbed her to death in Season 4. I think it's also safe to say said flashback will finally reveal both why her character was such a raging b@#ch and what connection she has to a certain Smallville villain (cough, Brainiac, cough).

Tycho
12-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Ugggh. It doesn't sound terribly interesting. The Teague thing was good for season 4, now it should be left there.

To get my "Smallville fix" I've been watching my Superman movies. Maybe I ought to post this in that thread, but I'm loving Superman Returns lately.

I'm looking forward to another feature film with this cast (Routh, Spacey, Bosworth). I hope Bryan Singer doesn't take too long.

The saving of the airplane only to land it in the ball field was one of the best movie moments in any Superman movie. I love how Superman flies straight through that wing that breaks off the jet.

The effects have come so far since the Christopher Reeve film days.

JetsAndHeels
12-24-2007, 05:26 PM
To get my "Smallville fix" I've been watching my Superman movies. Maybe I ought to post this in that thread, but I'm loving Superman Returns lately.

You still don't understand that Smallville is not Superman. Poor chap. :(

maatu
01-06-2008, 02:37 PM
i am so lost.i need to buy the dvd sets to catch up. see what working nights can do to a person.

Tycho
01-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Hey, when is the next new show on? Have I missed any since that December 13 (or close to it) airing?

JetsAndHeels
01-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Here you go Tycho:

The CW has confirmed that the next new episode of "Smallville" will air on Thursday, January 31st in the U.S. at 8pm.

Meanwhile, according to GinaHolden.net, actress Gina Holden started filming her role in "Smallville" this past week. KryptonSite.com speculates that Holden will be playing Patricia Swann, daughter of Virgil Swann (played by Christopher Reeve in past seasons).

While AaronDouglasFans.com lists the Battlestar Galactica actor Aaron Douglas as appearing in the up-coming 14th episode of season 7 titled "Traveler" as a character by the name of "Pierce".

Finally, the CW has released another online interview, this time talking with Allison Mack via phone. Allison Mack talks about why Chloe has unique insight into Clark/Bizarro's behavior, what's up with her relationship with Jimmy, and more.

Tycho
01-09-2008, 07:50 PM
I wonder how the writers' strike affects the actor / actresses' incomes. If they are out of work and idle.

They might not be hurting if they get an annual salary per their contract, but if they're paid by the episode they record...

Well then perhaps I could employ Kristin Kruek for the time being? :p:love::laugh:

JetsAndHeels
01-20-2008, 11:47 AM
The 10th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, January 31st, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Persona", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

"While Clark is frozen in the Fortress, Bizarro takes over his life with Lana. Unaware she is with Bizarro, Lana enjoys the 'new Clark' and shares information she's gathered on a serial killer who is draining his victims of all trace minerals. The two conclude it must be Brainiac, and Bizarro sets off to find him. Lex is stunned at Lionel's reaction after Grant reveals he is a clone of Julian."
James Marsters returns as Brainiac, and Marc McClure, Jimmy Olsen from the Superman movies, guest-stars as Dax-Ur.

"Persona" was written by Holly Henderson and Don Whitehead and directed by Todd Slakin.

Also there have been some images (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=4418) posted from the 11th episode, airing Feb. 7th.
Oliver Queen is back!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-20-2008, 05:26 PM
thanks for the info, J&H! I'm anxious to see some more episodes!

And season 6 is onsale this week at Target. I had wally world price match it as I don't see it getting much cheaper than that. :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
01-21-2008, 02:04 PM
And season 6 is onsale this week at Target. I had wally world price match it as I don't see it getting much cheaper than that. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I saw that it was on sale there. I bought Supernatural Season 2. :)

And I suppose this (http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=139973) could have been posted in the comics forum, but I decided to put it here. This is good news for me at least, I like Chloe alot more than I used to....I am glad she is finally getting recognized in the Superman comic.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
thanks for the info, J&H! I'm anxious to see some more episodes!

Wal-Mart will lower the price if you're willing to wait. Smallville is one of the few shows I would have no hesitation to get at full price, but I was able to get most of my seasons on sale.

JetsAndHeels
01-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Smallville is one of the few shows I would have no hesitation to get at full price, but I was able to get most of my seasons on sale.

For me, seasons 1-3 yeah I would pay a full price probably, but no way would I for seasons 4-6.

The show has been spiraling downward for the good part of the last 3-4 seasons.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-24-2008, 04:07 PM
For me, seasons 1-3 yeah I would pay a full price probably, but no way would I for seasons 4-6.

The show has been spiraling downward for the good part of the last 3-4 seasons.

Season 6 wasn't my favorite. 5 was ok, but not great, and like 6 had a few stand out episodes. 1-4 I had no problems with. So far season 7 has been great, and it bites to have it cut short by the strike.

As far as my seasons, I payed full price for 3 and 4, and picked up 1,2, and 5 on sale at Cicut City for $20. Season 6 I bought on sale when it came out.

Tycho
01-25-2008, 12:12 AM
When's the next new episode? What did they show tonight for Smallville?

figrin bran
01-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Tycho, they showed the Helen Slater episode. Actually, I'm not sure as I've been sick and was asleep for it.

JediTricks
01-25-2008, 01:15 AM
The listings have the Helen Slater episode, so I didn't bother. Next week is supposed to be the episode I missed, not a new episode. They'd be incredibly stupid to put a new episode on instead of that one, that's for sure. It only follows their continuity into that story and all. Losers.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-26-2008, 01:25 PM
The listings have the Helen Slater episode, so I didn't bother. Next week is supposed to be the episode I missed, not a new episode. They'd be incredibly stupid to put a new episode on instead of that one, that's for sure. It only follows their continuity into that story and all. Losers.

Next weeks show is going to be new. The one where Braniac returns. Followed by 2 more more new episodes in the comming weeks. After that, we get another month of repeats, and then 3 new episodes around March. If the writers stike doesn't end soon, then those will be the last 3 eps. of the season.

JediTricks
01-26-2008, 05:46 PM
That's ridiculous, rerun the entire season EXCEPT for the episode where they explain why Clark is Bizarro and all that other craziness that went on in the ep I missed.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-26-2008, 08:10 PM
That's ridiculous, rerun the entire season EXCEPT for the episode where they explain why Clark is Bizarro and all that other craziness that went on in the ep I missed.

Yeah, kinda weird how they're going about it, but they keep switching the schedule up because of the writers strike. Wish they'ed just get it over with because it's messing with the best season in a few years.

JetsAndHeels
01-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Earlier I posted that Chloe's character was set to appear in the Superman comic series...well now it appears she is not going to be in it:

According to an interview with DC Executive Editor Dan Didio on Newsarama, “Smallville” character Chloe Sullivan (played on the CW hit by Allison Mack) will not be appearing in upcoming issues of Superman or Action Comics as previously had been announced. According to Didio: “Chloe [sic] is an exciting character on the television show, and we had hoped to work her into DC continuity, but unfortunately, the stars did not align properly, and even though we had announced it, she will not be appearing in any of the issues of Superman or Action Comics.”

Droid
01-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Wish they'ed just get it over with because it's messing with the best season in a few years.

Wow, I think this is one of the worst seasons in a few years (Season of the Witch aside).

Tycho
01-27-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't read the comics so I shouldn't really care - or especially have voice in the matter - but I just want to say it's a shame because I really like Chloe's character.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Chloe rocks. It would have been sweet to see her in the comics, but at the same time, she hasn't been there all this time so it shouldn't be too big a loss, and I doubt the anti-Chloe movement will shed any tears.

JediTricks
01-28-2008, 04:39 PM
I suspect they can't do anything with Chloe in the comics until the show has decided what her final outcome will be. If she sacrifices herself for Clark at the end of the series, putting her in the comics will take away from that impact.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-28-2008, 04:47 PM
I suspect they can't do anything with Chloe in the comics until the show has decided what her final outcome will be. If she sacrifices herself for Clark at the end of the series, putting her in the comics will take away from that impact.

You know, I've always suspected that something like that would happen to her JT. With the healing powers she posseses, if she were to have to heal someone as powerful as Clark at some point, it might do her in for good. Say Clark being killed or brought near death by Krypotnite. Chloe steps in and brings him back, but at the cost of her own life.

JediTricks
01-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking. The thinking being that "she's not in the comics, we need to explain why she won't be in Clark's future". Personally though, I'd prefer they avoid the obvious, heavy-handed route there and just give Clark a friend he's grown apart from in the future.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking. The thinking being that "she's not in the comics, we need to explain why she won't be in Clark's future". Personally though, I'd prefer they avoid the obvious, heavy-handed route there and just give Clark a friend he's grown apart from in the future.

I'd like to hold out hope that when the series ends, that we could see some kind of movie. If not big screen, maybe TV and if that was ever an option then yes, keep her around. I like her character, her chemistry with Clark and how their relationship has evolved over the coarse of the show. I get the feeling that both her and Lionel may be dead by the end of the series, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

JetsAndHeels
01-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Personally I am still dissappointed that Pete is no longer on the show. I liked his character alot, because of his personality and his loyalty to Clark...not to mention he was Clark's first friend to find out his secret.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Personally I am still dissappointed that Pete is no longer on the show. I liked his character alot, because of his personality and his loyalty to Clark...not to mention he was Clark's first friend to find out his secret.

Pete will be back for at least one episode this season if you havn't already heard . He's suppose to have meteor powers, but I won't give too much away if you havn't heard anyhting yet.

Droid
01-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Pete will be back for at least one episode this season if you havn't already heard . He's suppose to have meteor powers, but I won't give too much away if you havn't heard anyhting yet.

I was really excited about Pete coming back until I read the meteor powers comment. That is stupid. Pete Ross is not a mutant or a superhero. Why does everyone have to have powers? Haven't Lex, Lana, Martha, and Lionel all been exposed many, many times? Why not just call the show X-Men and be done with it?

Jedi_Kal-El
01-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I was really excited about Pete coming back until I read the meteor powers comment. That is stupid. Pete Ross is not a mutant or a superhero. Why does everyone have to have powers? Haven't Lex, Lana, Martha, and Lionel all been exposed many, many times? Why not just call the show X-Men and be done with it?

His powers are only suppose to be temporary, but yes, they do give way too many powers to mere mortal on the show. Also,in the "Wrath" episode, what's with Lana being able to use her powers just like that when Clark has had to train Kara how to use/control some of hers? Especially since Kara had previously visited Earth. I guess it was esential to the story.

JediTricks
01-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Pete was a character they should have worked harder to keep around, but they didn't know what to do with him. Having powers is dopey as hell, everybody has an f'ing power now, lazy writers.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Pete was a character they should have worked harder to keep around, but they didn't know what to do with him. Having powers is dopey as hell, everybody has an f'ing power now, lazy writers.

Yep. they need to start integrating more of the actual Superman villans, which the've kinda done with Zod, Braniac, and Bizzaro, but I'd love to see Metallo as well. They're really throwing alot of Justice Leagers into the mix, but why not more Legion of Doomers. That would be a kick *** 2 parter.:thumbsup:

Tycho
02-01-2008, 12:12 AM
Great episode tonight!

When's the next new one?

Oh, and you knew that Lex was going to have Grant killed.

So did Clark keep any blue-K so he could go to bed with Lana? In the future? I guess he really didn't want her as Bizarro's sloppy seconds.

JediTricks
02-01-2008, 04:14 PM
That episode was a convoluted soap-operatic mess. As well as being totally ineffective, I didn't realize Bizzaro was also dumb as a post, that end scene was just terrible. And Lex's little move there, that was pure cheese. Oh, but hey, at least we have 2 characters pretending to be 2 other characters. Yuck. Lana actively ignores her instincts and gets downright jerkish to Chloe over Bizarro. Lana & Clark are now really unpleasant together. Why no payoff or explanation for the Clark/Jor-El situation? And Dax-Ur was the anti-payoff, we spent way too much time not dealing with that properly. And Professor Fine was a total letdown, they wrote him way too weak and small.

Tycho
02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
And Professor Fine was a total letdown, they wrote him way too weak and small.

I have to be honest and admit that I thought that as well. But they said that Brainiac was damaged so as to provide an excuse.

Um - I'm not going to argue that was cool or anything, but they used it.

The thing I don't get is why is there ANYTHING that Dax-Ur would know that Brainiac doesn't? I thought he was downloaded with all Kryptonian knowledge?

Did Dax-Ur leave some stuff out deliberately?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-01-2008, 04:41 PM
That episode was a convoluted soap-operatic mess. As well as being totally ineffective, I didn't realize Bizzaro was also dumb as a post, that end scene was just terrible. And Lex's little move there, that was pure cheese. Oh, but hey, at least we have 2 characters pretending to be 2 other characters. Yuck. Lana actively ignores her instincts and gets downright jerkish to Chloe over Bizarro. Lana & Clark are now really unpleasant together. Why no payoff or explanation for the Clark/Jor-El situation? And Dax-Ur was the anti-payoff, we spent way too much time not dealing with that properly. And Professor Fine was a total letdown, they wrote him way too weak and small.

I was expecting way more of a fight scene between Clark and Bizarro. Major letdown there. Braniac could have been better, but now that he has what he needed, he'll probably be better than before. The Clark/Jor-El situation was explained in the last 2 episodes(Didn't you miss the episode before this one JT?)The end of this episode, marks the begining of the end for Clark and Lana.

I have to be honest and admit that I thought that as well. But they said that Brainiac was damaged so as to provide an excuse.

Um - I'm not going to argue that was cool or anything, but they used it.

The thing I don't get is why is there ANYTHING that Dax-Ur would know that Brainiac doesn't? I thought he was downloaded with all Kryptonian knowledge?

Did Dax-Ur leave some stuff out deliberately?

I'm sure Dax-Ur probably did leave a few things out as a possible fail safe in case his creation didn't turn out as designed(which he admitted it did).
Not the best episode, but not the worst.

Bring on Green Arrow and Black Canary.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-01-2008, 05:28 PM
One other thing that bothered me JT that I just thought about. Why doesn't Lana recognize the fact that Clark is wearing a his red jacket, and Bizarro is wearing the blue one?

Tycho
02-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Clark only owns about 4-5 outfits, so she didn't think much of it.

There's red, blue, green when he's on something, black when he's taking something else, and a suit and tie when he's trying to play all goofy-and-sophistocted-at-the-same-time.

But soon he invents a really cool disguise: if he wears glasses, no one will recognize him! :crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-02-2008, 10:12 AM
I too was waiting for a fight between Bizarro and Clark. That was my only gripe about the episode though: I really enjoyed it! :thumbsup:

According to the almighty Wiki, the next new episode is Feb 7th. Don't write that in stone though.

Tycho
02-02-2008, 02:43 PM
JMG, that would be next Thursday, but they didn't advertise that after this week's current show.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Next weeks show introduces Black Canary, and features the return of Green Arrow. The week after that is another new episode, and then another month of repeats after that. Then the next 3 new ones which will probably be the last of the season because of the writers strike.

Also, I saw a video online that had an interview with Michael Rosembaum who said that after this season, he's done playing Lex. Not sure what that'll mean for the show, but I'm sure they'll figure something out. I forget where I saw that video at the moment, but when I find it again I'll put it up.

JetsAndHeels
02-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Also, I saw a video online that had an interview with Michael Rosembaum who said that after this season, he's done playing Lex. Not sure what that'll mean for the show, but I'm sure they'll figure something out. I forget where I saw that video at the moment, but when I find it again I'll put it up.

Here (http://www.younghollywood.com/fashion.php?videoID=1397797659) is the link to that video. Basically it means he is indeed leaving, and this show is pretty much over...heck, it has been over for the past few seasons if you ask me.

Also I posted earlier that Jane Seymour was set to return to the show...well its now been confirmed she will not be coming back.
Not really sure how they were going to spin that anyway, since the last we saw of her she had a kryptonian stone in her chest.

Tycho
02-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Do you remember why he said he was done with Lex?

Is he disgruntled with the show? (hope not - he's one of the best stars!)

I watched J&H's link and he didn't say. It wasn't really about Smallville.

Rosenbaum's a cool dude though. He is also a Star Wars collector like us. (That part only is only considered cool by us though.)

JediTricks
02-02-2008, 03:53 PM
The Clark/Jor-El situation was explained in the last 2 episodes(Didn't you miss the episode before this one JT?)Yeah, that's the one I missed. Why would Jor-El freeze his son in a crystal? Pretty dopey. And then they didn't explain it in the ridiculously convoluted "previously on Smallville" clips - the editor on that should be fired.

One other thing that bothered me JT that I just thought about. Why doesn't Lana recognize the fact that Clark is wearing a his red jacket, and Bizarro is wearing the blue one?Why didn't she notice he didn't know anything about her from the past 3 months? Oh, that's right, because she's a CPD-generating nitwit.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Here (http://www.younghollywood.com/fashion.php?videoID=1397797659) is the link to that video. Basically it means he is indeed leaving, and this show is pretty much over...heck, it has been over for the past few seasons if you ask me.

Also I posted earlier that Jane Seymour was set to return to the show...well its now been confirmed she will not be coming back.
Not really sure how they were going to spin that anyway, since the last we saw of her she had a kryptonian stone in her chest.

As far as Jane Seymour goes, she was suppose to appear in a flashback sequence, but was unavailable due to a scheduling conflict.

Micheal Rosembaum was only contracted though seven seasons, and said he most likely wouldn't return for an eighth. Yeah, might kill the show with too much left to explain.

I better see Clark fly before then, if not :mad:.

Tycho
02-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Then again, he might be bluffing while he holds out for a sweet 8th season contract deal.

The Star Trek stars had 6 season contracts if I recall, or 5 season ones, and then renewed for their 7th season.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Then again, he might be bluffing while he holds out for a sweet 8th season contract deal.

The Star Trek stars had 6 season contracts if I recall, or 5 season ones, and then renewed for their 7th season.

That could be. If I recall the stars of Friends held out and ended up with 1 Million an episode. I doubt Rosenbaum will get that much but definately more that what he's making, if that actually is his plan.

Tycho
02-02-2008, 09:35 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't be.

He's done movie roles while still employed with Smallville.

The key word there is "employed." He might make a lot on Smallville, he might not. However, it doesn't matter how much he makes, as if he's typical, he lives well beyond his means just like the rest of us. It's all relative.

Rosenbaum's mortgage might be larger than ours, but that's because so is his house he had to have.

So yes, whether he is or is not going to have a stellar acting career outside of Smallville (he ACTUALLY IS talented - so maybe) he can still do Smallville and just wear wigs (you honestly can't tell a lot of the time if actors are or not - that wasn't Jake Lloyd's real hair as Anakin in E1 I might bet). It's always better to have a job - and better still to get a raise for doing it.

JetsAndHeels
02-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Sorry for the late report, but here is the info on tomorrow night's episode:

The 11th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, February 7th, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Siren", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

"While secretly working for Oliver (guest-star Justin Hartley), Chloe (Allison Mack) intercepts one of Lex's (Michael Rosenbaum) project files, but she is attacked by the Black Canary (guest-star Alaina Huffman), a mystery woman with a subsonic cry. Dinah Lance, Black Canary's alter ego, is a conservative talk show host who is working at the Daily Planet and clashes with Lois (Erica Durance). Lex convinces the Black Canary that the Green Arrow and his team are terrorists so she launches an attack on the Green Arrow and Clark (Tom Welling). Meanwhile, Lois discovers Oliver's secret."

Huffman recently played Maureen in Sci Fi Channel's Painkiller Jane.

"Siren" was written by Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders and directed by Kevin Fair.

Tycho
02-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Black Canary is a conservative? My heroes are liberal!

Besides, then instead of being a black canary, shouldn't she be a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant Canary instead?

Of course Lex would convince her that the Justice League members are terrorists - that's what the right wing does: they watch out for everyone becoming a terrorist.

figrin bran
02-07-2008, 01:20 AM
Black Canary is a conservative? My heroes are liberal!

Besides, then instead of being a black canary, shouldn't she be a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant Canary instead?

Of course Lex would convince her that the Justice League members are terrorists - that's what the right wing does: they watch out for everyone becoming a terrorist.

Don't forget that Smallville continuity often has very little to do with DC comics continuity.

While I'm not sure what her political leanings are, Canary in the current comics is actually the leader of the Justice League so Lex sending her to hunt them down just goes to prove the earlier statement I made.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Don't forget that Smallville continuity often has very little to do with DC comics continuity.

While I'm not sure what her political leanings are, Canary in the current comics is actually the leader of the Justice League so Lex sending her to hunt them down just goes to prove the earlier statement I made.

Things that don't originally fall within continuity on the show usually end up doing so eventually, but that's what makes it interesting is that they mix it up a little.

JediTricks
02-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Black Canary was uninteresting, they did nothing with her considering she's in the same ep with Green Arrow (her lover in the comics), and her canary cry didn't really pay off I thought. Some of this ep was interesting, but some was stupid - good thing Lex doesn't have cameras in his OWN OFFICE BUILDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS DOOR to see what Clark's up to, for example; or how about Chloe leaving her cellphone in her desk drawer, yeah, that's likely - and some was downright soap opera. Clark was an especially large jerk here too, not just to Lana where he's been more rigid than his father, but to Chloe where he's a big baby. All in all, I'd say it was mixed.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Ms Canary really didn't interest me either and I thought they could have done a bit more with her. It was amusing to see her kick Clark and bounce right off of him though. Clarks behavior toward Chole was a bit childish and Ollie put it best when he stated the double standard of Clark putting her in danger on a daily basis, but it being wrong when someone else did it. Lana's had it coming for a while now, and I thought his behavior toward her was a bit justified. Clark and Lana will eventually be friends and that's the way they seem to be going with it as they move them slowly away from each other and him closer to Lois. Lionel is crusing for the grave, but I've always had the suspision that Lex will one day put a bullet in him or something like that. Yeah, mixed would be what I'd go with as well JT. Had its good and bad points, but I guess you can't please eveyone.

JetsAndHeels
02-08-2008, 07:56 PM
This show is at the lowest of the low right now as far as I'm concerned...it pains me to say that also, I long for the old days (seasons 1-3).

It's obvious that this show will never be about Clark ever again. I used to think it might soon go back to being about him and his journey, but now I can honestly come to accept that it won't.

Yeah, I'm angry. I am mad that the writers have no more good ideas...I am mad that every other week it seems (with the exception of the month or 2 layoffs) we have yet another Kryptonian living on earth...but most of all I am mad that this show has turned out to be nothing more than a teenage soap opera full of bad dialogue and the (supposed) main character is nothing more than a fill-in between scenes.

Just end this show, CW. It's apparent you are not even trying anymore.

At least I still have Supernatural after that on Thursday nights....but it is in its 3rd season now, so if it follows the Smallville trend it may begin to suck soon too. I hope not.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Chin up Jets. They might surprise you. I'm not telling you to get your hopes up or anything, but you never know.

JetsAndHeels
02-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Chin up Jets. They might surprise you. I'm not telling you to get your hopes up or anything, but you never know.

I would like to believe things could be better, but like I said before...I just do not see it happening.

This show is over. :(

figrin bran
02-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Ollie lectures Clark about hiding out on a farm and enjoying domestic bliss. Clark just brushes it off like he always does but then he lectures Dinah/Black Canary about fighting on the wrong side. She does some research apparently and sees the light and ends up joining the Justice League.

It's as if simply having events unfold is more important than having them occur logically. You would think that finding Kara would be a pressing concern but like last season's Phantom Zone escapees, Clark is really dragging his feet on this.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Ollie lectures Clark about hiding out on a farm and enjoying domestic bliss. Clark just brushes it off like he always does but then he lectures Dinah/Black Canary about fighting on the wrong side. She does some research apparently and sees the light and ends up joining the Justice League.

It's as if simply having events unfold is more important than having them occur logically. You would think that finding Kara would be a pressing concern but like last season's Phantom Zone escapees, Clark is really dragging his feet on this.

Crark drags his feet alot and you think they could explain it a bit better. Kara will be found next episode, but yes they could have thrown that in as an explanation that he had to find his cousin. I'm hoping now that "Clana"(I think that crap is retarded) is pretty much no more they should focus more on Clark, as Jets pointed out. It's nice to see new DC characters but the show is called Smallvile and not JLA.

JediTricks
02-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Clark lecturing is a lot like his dad in the beginning of the series, kind of a hard-headed jerk. But here he's not really doing anything, his dad at least was an active farmer and was raising a son. I dunno, they've finally made Clark somewhat unlikable and that's a shame.

And Lex, where did the nuance go? Now he's a pistol-packin' psychopath who barely cares if anyone knows he's a cold-blooded murderer, where the hell did that come from?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-09-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm providing a link to a story on KrytonSite about the possibilty of a Green Arrow spin-off to Smallville. It doesn't say that it's actually going to happen, but it lists some reasons why it would be a good idea.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/greenarrowspinoff.htm

What are you guys thoughts on this?

Tycho
02-09-2008, 11:05 PM
I don't know if I'm interested. When Justin Hartley was going to be Aquaman in the unsold pilot, that looked like a better show because it was so different.

Green Arrow is a lot like the poor-man's Batman to me. I'd rather have Batman.

I just think the super heroes should all be very different from one another. Including Marvel, that leaves me with:

Batman
Superman
Aquaman
Spider-Man
The Hulk
Ironman
The Silver Surfer
Mr. Fantastic
The Thing
The Human Torch
Invisible Woman
Wolverine
Rogue
Professor X
Cyclops
Nightcrawler
The Phoenix

and so on...

I don't think Green Arrow offers something different than Batman, but actually offers less.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Well, the only other rumor going around is a Kara/Supergirl spin-off and I think the Green Arrow characrter has a little more exposure in the series thus far. If they're going to actually do it(not even confirmed yet, that list is more of a what if)then they need to do it right to keep veiwers interested. They should do some kind of preview and show it off at Comic Con to see what kind of response they get then go from there. If they actually decide to go this route.

Oh BTW and a little off topic for the series disscusion, but I was in my comic store and they have a prop replica of Clark's Kryptonian key. Retails for $30 and my buddy that runs the store said that they're going to release the Kryptonite version that Lionel made in season 2 to retail for the same price.

figrin bran
02-10-2008, 02:30 AM
I think Mr. Hartley does a good job with the Green Arrow role.

I'm not sure about some of the points that Kryptonsite article was arguing for. For the "Heroes factor", they ignore the fact that the writing and story telling are generally stronger on that show. I've watched every episode of Justice League Unlimited many, many times and the live action Supergirl/GA pairing would not be anything like the dynamic they have on JLU. On Smallville, they're much closer in age than on JLU where GA (and Green Lantern as well) serve as older mentors for Supergirl.

They also seem to be overrating GA's "popularity". Even if people are saying that they're only watching Smallville for GA, I don't think it's so much to see him as it is to see him with the other Justice Leaguers. Like Tycho was saying, Batman would be better but because of the movie franchise, that won't be possible.

As for the Supergirl spin off, I'll say this - even in her current comic series, the writers can't seem to find their footing. Given what we've seen from Smallville, I'm not sure they'd be able to make the Kara show very compelling.

JediTricks
02-10-2008, 10:09 PM
I just don't think there's that much variety to what GA does, he originally was a Robin Hood-themed Batman ripoff, and didn't go very far with it. Then they made him older and poorer and more deep, and even then he didn't get his own title for a while. Honestly, I think they need to cut their losses and just walk away from this, find a better live-action superhero theme that isn't related to the disaster that Smallville has become.

That prop replica sounds cool, is it authentic? Who makes it? Links?

InsaneJediGirl
02-12-2008, 01:35 PM
As for all the drama, we have to remember this is the same network that produces such teen dramas like "One Tree Hill" and can care less what some fan boys/gals have to say.

I started watching the show around the 5th(??) season and talk about going downhill. Here I thought season 5 was fairly getting off track compared to the previous seasons I've seen during reruns.

I'm tired of it being the Lana show, but I'll keep watching(and complaining) in case it gets better.

Droid
02-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Would Black Canary's cry really make Clark's ears bleed?

Isn't it weird how last week Brainiac was posing as Lionel? Wouldn't Brainiac have killed, tied up, or done something to the real Lionel first?

I think Lionel is the best part of the show.

The episode was painful. They all are.

I hope that they wrap it up for the end of the year. Maybe have a final Smallville movie next fall where Lionel, Chloe and Kara die, where Clark finally goes to the Fortress to be trained, where they explain how Lex and Lois won't instantly know Clark is Superman, and END this.

Tycho
02-12-2008, 02:19 PM
I think Lionel is the best part of the show.

Yes, the Luthors in general steer the course of the show. I first started watching because I was drooling over Lana, but not following The Sopranos myself, the Luthors really suffice for me. It was great intrigue. Always has been.

I hope that they wrap it up for the end of the year. Maybe have a final Smallville movie next fall where Lionel, Chloe and Kara die, where Clark finally goes to the Fortress to be trained, where they explain how Lex and Lois won't instantly know Clark is Superman, and END this.

It's about time. I don't think Kara will die. Doesn't she move to "Star City" or wherever the Supergirl legend takes place? (I'm not familiar with the character, and Tom Leykis could defeat her, I swear!)

But Lex might have to be sent to prison and lose everything before the show ends, too. He makes his comeback as he's portrayed by Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey.

JetsAndHeels
02-13-2008, 07:20 PM
The 12th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, February 14th, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Fracture", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

"Lois (Erica Durance) follows Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) to Detroit and discovers he has found Kara (Laura Vandervoort), who has amnesia. Finley (guest star Corey Sevier), a busboy who is obsessed with Kara, fears Lex will take her away, so he shoots Lex and holds Kara and Lois captive. After Lex's comatose body is found, Chloe (Allison Mack) offers to heal him, but Clark (Tom Welling) refuses to let her."

"Fracture" was written by Caroline Dries and directed by James Marshall.

Tycho
02-15-2008, 01:18 AM
I bet there are some here did not watch Star Trek. I was reminded of a Deep Space Nine episode where the hero characters went inside the mind of someone twisted. Actually they used that plot device several times. (inside Garack's head, inside Sloan's)

The creative element that Smallville used to divert from just copying that was showing Lex's childhood. That was a cool move which I liked.

Then they also applied Chloe's powers to the storyline.

I wonder if she'll die using her powers one last time to save Clark? Probably. I can see that one coming.

But for many of you who never tuned in to Star Trek, you'd think this was an original idea (I never saw The Cell though - folks in my Smallville group said it was similar to that, so I guess it has been done in other genres).

Mad Slanted Powers
02-15-2008, 02:34 AM
but most of all I am mad that this show has turned out to be nothing more than a teenage soap opera full of bad dialogue and the (supposed) main character is nothing more than a fill-in between scenes.You're just realizing that now? I've been watching from the beginning and it's pretty much always been that way. The Clark-Lana thing has been going from the start, and they are always trying to push some hip emo music the kids they think the kids are into.

Tycho
02-15-2008, 05:43 AM
Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels
but most of all I am mad that this show has turned out to be nothing more than a teenage soap opera full of bad dialogue and the (supposed) main character is nothing more than a fill-in between scenes.

See I like that. I was never into the whole 90210 thing or Dawson's Creek or any of that stuff, so the teenage soap was a fresh concept to me. And with a pretty girl like Lana, I bought into it. Oh yeah - it ALSO has some Superman elements. That's kind of cool.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-15-2008, 09:22 AM
I bet there are some here did not watch Star Trek. I was reminded of a Deep Space Nine episode where the hero characters went inside the mind of someone twisted. Actually they used that plot device several times. (inside Garack's head, inside Sloan's)

The creative element that Smallville used to divert from just copying that was showing Lex's childhood. That was a cool move which I liked.

Then they also applied Chloe's powers to the storyline.

I wonder if she'll die using her powers one last time to save Clark? Probably. I can see that one coming.

But for many of you who never tuned in to Star Trek, you'd think this was an original idea (I never saw The Cell though - folks in my Smallville group said it was similar to that, so I guess it has been done in other genres).

Extreme Messures was the DS9 episode where Bashir and O'Brien got into Sloans head. Loved that episode too, Tycho. Now Back to Smallville.

This episode was sweet. Kinda took me back to Memoria in season 3 when Lex was undergoing those memory treatments at Summerholt. I like how they show what he went though as a child. It puts a human face on a very inhuman bastard and I like how they show how much darkness he's seen thoughout his life.

The young Alexander trying to survive in Lex's mind was great, and it was an interesting way for Clark to see that deep down there is still some small peice of the Lex that was. However, Lex is now too far down his chosen path to ever come back. Lex waited for so long to hear those three words from Lionel that by the time he finally heard them, it was far too late.

In one of the flashback sequences, Lillian Luthor mentions Veritas which is the name of one of the upcoming episodes. Peaked my interest to episode a bit since I've already read a bit about it on Kyrptonsite.

Tycho, I belive I posted a while back about Chloe finally dying by saving Clark, and while I love her character, I believe that's the direction they plan on going with her.

Chloe...NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I loved this episode, and I wonder how far they're going to take the Lex/Kara plot. Anyhow, I wish they could all be this good.

figrin bran
02-15-2008, 11:56 AM
See I like that. I was never into the whole 90210 thing or Dawson's Creek or any of that stuff, so the teenage soap was a fresh concept to me. And with a pretty girl like Lana, I bought into it. Oh yeah - it ALSO has some Superman elements. That's kind of cool.

And you think the rest of us were into that stuff? :p

Even so, Tycho, you really aren't tired by now of the the Lana/Clark, "Clana" if you will, soap opera? Even if this were the only show that a person watched on television, 7 seasons is more than enough of the teen angst elements.

JetsAndHeels
02-15-2008, 06:22 PM
I've been watching from the beginning and it's pretty much always been that way.

I've been watching from the beginning too, and it used to be about Clark. Yeah, he had the whole crush thing on Lana, but the show focused on him. It focused on his journey, from learning how to tell Pete when he found Clark's ship to him learning how to deal with things like heat vision.

So no, it hasn't always been just a teen drama. It used to have elements of a show that focused on a young boy who would one day become Superman.

JediTricks
02-15-2008, 08:49 PM
This was a bad episode IMO, it didn't delve into what made Lex tick, it just gave us 1 scene of his mind, and no real indication of what it was like to be Lex's mind. The idea that Lex survived that gunshot to the brain after being dumped in a ditch in the pouring rain, was found, flown to Smallville General, and hooked up to a fancy mind machine somewhere else all while busboy Bob drove back to the gals was utterly ridiculous. It gave us no clue into Kara's personality, and wiping it out was just cruel - COIE anyone? Yes yes, he called her "Linda" like from the comics, big whoop. And then Clark, who knows the girls are in Detroit, and even knows what the diner looks like on the inside, instead of super-speeding there and searching, he takes an extended trip into Lex's mind to save them, then comes out and tries to kill busboy Bob not once but twice - first by knocking over a stack of cars on him (slowly, to ensure the villain might still kill somebody) and then hitting him so hard that the smack should have shattered his jaw and the landing into glass should have crushed his ribcage and spine. And what the hell is with Kara having no powers? Chloe is nearly dead and then it turns out she had no heartbeat for 18 hours, how is that "nearly" dead by Lionel's standards? Lionel's all over the map here too, it's hard to know who he's caring for in this mess. Oh, but at least he has a mind-reading machine just in the nick of time that only Clark can use, even though he's an alien with different physiology and those instruments shouldn't have been able to penetrate his super-skin. And we also got a trip to Lana's Metropolis Batcave only to learn nothing of import. Honestly, I dunno what you guys saw in this, I felt it was too rushed and poorly written.

Droid
02-19-2008, 03:28 PM
As JediTricks said, this episode, like so many, was a mess.

Why was Lois there in Detroit? Why wouldn't she tell Clark she had a lead on Kara?

Yes, it was so absurd that Clark wouldn't just start zipping around Detroit looking for Kara and Lois.

Did you notice how the actor playing Lionel nearly choked on the words that it was good Lex could be brought from Detroit to SMALLVILLE. Did anyone else catch that? They didn't even bring him to Metropolis. They brought him to Smallville for emergency surgery. It was like the actor knew they had to explain why Lex was in Smallville after being shot in Detroit, but they just had to hurry on to the plot device at hand.

And Clark and Chloe don't really get along with Lana right now, but keep going to her for information in every episode. Wouldn't it have made more sense to just have someone say, "If only we could get in Lex's mind" and for Lionel to say, "There may be a way."

Didn't Lionel kill Chloe's father? Funny how they hang out together.

I couldn't believe that Lionel cared enough about Kara or Lois to agree to put Clark or Lex through the procedure. As Jor-El's whatever, would he really risk Clark that way? As Lex's father, would he risk Lex that way?

Isn't Lionel caring for Lex a bit much since Lex JUST killed Julian and Lionel JUST went to Lana for information to try and put Lex away? And once again, THERE IS ANOTHER LUTHOR SON ALIVE OUT THERE, which was such a mistake on the writer's part.

So Lex knows Kara wears a bracelet with the S symbol of the House of El. Once again, how doesn't Lex figure out Clark is Superman someday?

I am glad Kara has no powers; it would make it easier for them to kill her off.

I also am tired of how many times Clark keeps tossing people around when he could so easily kill them doing it.

How many episodes in a row has Lex pulled out a gun and shot someone? What ever happened to him using henchmen?

I will say that I enjoyed the sequence in Lex's mind very much. However, I think they went the wrong way. After seven seasons we need to stop the dance about if Lex will ever be good again; he is pure evil. They should have had Lex kill the little boy. Or they should have had Clark come out of it knowing Lex could not be saved, see the clip they show of the millions Lex will kill, the skulls, and the blood. Maybe a montage of everyone Lex has killed in the show. Clark with the little boy and regretting the loss of his friendship with Lex was touching. But we should be way beyond the "there is still good in him" business.

Tycho
02-19-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm beginning to see the majority of the points you guys have been making.

As it's entertainment, I tried to just enjoy it for what it is, but you're correct. The inconsistencies even within the show by itself are getting too hard to ignore.

Now I DON'T want the show to end. But I want them to hire a chronology expert the way Lucasfilm does, and bring in a whole new writing staff.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-19-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm beginning to see the majority of the points you guys have been making.

As it's entertainment, I tried to just enjoy it for what it is, but you're correct. The inconsistencies even within the show by itself are getting too hard to ignore.

Now I DON'T want the show to end. But I want them to hire a chronology expert the way Lucasfilm does, and bring in a whole new writing staff.
A couple years ago I was looking up some stuff from the show to see how things played out in the original comics, and I found that the comics were just as much of a mess. It seemed they constantly contradicted things or had to retcon it to make it fit. Then every time it moved to a new medium, the show would be reinvented - comics, radio, TV, cartoons, movies, more TV shows, more movies. So, trying to make Superman lore consistent is a futile attempt.

Tycho
02-19-2008, 08:39 PM
I was only talking about making Smallville consistent with Smallville.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-19-2008, 08:41 PM
I was only talking about making Smallville consistent with Smallville.

Hard to do when you have so many different writers and you don't keep track of what you've done in the past.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-19-2008, 08:47 PM
I was only talking about making Smallville consistent with Smallville.Yes, but even the comics weren't consistent with the comics it seemed. I guess each generation of comics would be like a restart though.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Yes, but even the comics weren't consistent with the comics it seemed. I guess each generation of comics would be like a restart though.

When you have 75+ years of history with a franchise, I would guess it would be hard(but not impossible)to stay faithful to where and when everything started.

I have read that episodes 14 and 15 are suppose to tie up some loose continuity issues, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Tycho
02-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Is tomorrow night a new episode?

JediTricks
02-21-2008, 12:00 AM
It's not on at all tomorrow.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-21-2008, 03:28 PM
No new episodes until next month.

Tycho
02-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Good. I'll be at the Queensryche concert tonight and rocking without reservations!:twisted:

JetsAndHeels
02-22-2008, 02:26 PM
The next new ep is on March 13th. Pete returns.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Meteor Pete. I can't wait. :ermm:

JediTricks
02-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Mebbe it'll be Bizarro Pete.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Hmm. They'll do anyhting to give normal character some kind of power. Next Martha Kent will come back with some kind of abilities.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Hmm. They'll do anyhting to give normal character some kind of power. Next Martha Kent will come back with some kind of abilities.
I would guess some doppleganger replaces her and tries to use the political position to go all Palpatine on the country.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-22-2008, 11:52 PM
I would guess some doppleganger replaces her and tries to use the political position to go all Palpatine on the country.

Hey, it could happen. They're running out of ideas or so it seems, but instead of seeing more meteor freaks, I'd rather start seeing some good Superman villians. Say like Metallo or Darkseid.

JetsAndHeels
02-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Hey guys, here is some info on the next few eps of Smallville, plus an episode summary for "Hero", which airs March 13.

The next new episode of "Smallville" will air in the U.S. on March 13, with 2 more episodes to air in the weeks following.
Here's the airing schedule:

March 13: Season 7, Episode 13 - "Hero"

March 20: Season 7, Episode 14 - "Traveler"

March 27: Season 7, Episode 15 - "Veritas"

The 5 extra episodes ordered by the CW at the end of the writer's strike (episodes 16-20) will begin airing from April 17.

The CW has released the official description for "Hero", the next new episode of "Smallville":

BILLBOARD CHART-TOPPING BAND "ONE REPUBLIC" (uh, who?) PERFORMS AND PETE RETURNS - Kara (Laura Vandervoort) and Jimmy (Aaron Ashmore) attend a "One Republic" concert and one of the roadies turns out to be former Smallville resident Pete Ross (guest star Sam Jones III). Pete unwittingly chews some kryptonite-laced gum and develops super powers. Clark (Tom Welling) and Chloe (Allison Mack) are thrilled to meet up with their old friend but warn him against using his powers in public. However, Lex (Michel Rosenbaum) discovers Pete’s powers and blackmails him into helping break into a Lionel’s (John Glover) safe by threatening to reveal Chloe is a meteor freak. Kristin Kreuk and John Glover also star.
Michael Rohl directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing.

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 01:38 AM
That's a joke, right? Because "Pete unwittingly chews some kryptonite-laced gum and develops super powers" is something that even 'Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen' comics would have been embarrassed to publish:
http://www.superdickery.com/other/10.html
http://www.superdickery.com/monkey/2.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/15.html
http://www.superdickery.com/dick/25.html
http://www.superdickery.com/dick/30.html
http://www.superdickery.com/dick/218.html
http://www.superdickery.com/monkey/1.html
http://www.superdickery.com/science/11.html
http://www.superdickery.com/science/10.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/72.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/74.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/75.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/76.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/78.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/79.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/80.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/84.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/85.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/86.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/87.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/89.html
http://www.superdickery.com/dick/24.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/91.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/111.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/113.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/114.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/117.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/118.html
http://www.superdickery.com/other/254.html

BTW, that reminded me, I sure hate the Jimmy Olsen on the show.

Tycho
02-29-2008, 02:08 AM
I thought it sounded stupid too, but like an idiot I'll watch because they might show some of the girls in skimpy outfits.

I wonder if it will be Stride brand gum and we'll be subjected to more of their stupid commercials about the flavor lasting an extra long time?

JetsAndHeels
02-29-2008, 01:55 PM
That's a joke, right? Because "Pete unwittingly chews some kryptonite-laced gum and develops super powers" is something that even 'Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen' comics would have been embarrassed to publish

You should know by now that I do not joke about this stuff. :)

Jedi_Kal-El
02-29-2008, 03:20 PM
It's too stupid a story plot to be a joke. They're running out of ideas, so hey, let's give Pete meteor powers. Almost everyone else has had them.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-29-2008, 08:46 PM
I jst saw a promo that showed scenes for the next couple of episodes and from the look of it, Lex is going to find out Clark's secret. Not sure how well that's going to go over with fans, but we'll see.

Tycho
02-29-2008, 09:25 PM
He's supposed to find out Clark's secret though. Isn't he?

Mad Slanted Powers
02-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Hasn't he learned the secret before? He just loses the memory somehow. They'll probably just do that again.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-29-2008, 09:50 PM
He's supposed to find out Clark's secret though. Isn't he?

Depends on which continuity you're referring to, I suppose. I know certain stories have certain tangents.

Hasn't he learned the secret before? He just loses the memory somehow. They'll probably just do that again.

Yes, but they were friends back then. Imagine what would happen if he knew now, what he knew then.

I'm sure once the series ends and he becomes Superman, they'll figure out a way to erase everyones memories of certain acspects of Clark's life in some way.

Tycho
02-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah, maybe Clark will passionately kiss Lex Luthor on the lips and then Lex's eyes will flutter and he'll forget everything until it turns up that somehow Lex is pregnant!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-29-2008, 10:19 PM
That would be freakin hilarious. It would also make certain fans a little happy. Believe me, I've seen some weird stuff on some of the Smallville boards.

JetsAndHeels
02-29-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm sure once the series ends and he becomes Superman, they'll figure out a way to erase everyones memories of certain acspects of Clark's life in some way.

Maybe they can erase our memories of seasons 4-7. :)

Tycho
03-01-2008, 12:08 AM
The Father becomes the Son...and the Son becomes a Mother?

Jedi_Kal-El
03-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Here's the CWs official description for episode 14 "Traveler"

LIONEL KIDNAPS CLARK — Lionel (John Glover) arranges to have Clark (Tom Welling) kidnapped and held in a kryptonite-lined cell at a Luthorcorp facility. After Chloe (Allison Mack) and Lana (Kristin Kreuk) find a military electric probe at the farm, they confront Lionel, who throws suspicion onto Lex (Michael Rosenbaum). Chloe and Lana take Kara (Laura Vandervoort) to the Fortress and beg Jor-El to restore her memory as she is the only one who can save Clark. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Don Whitehead & Holly Henderson.

Why does Lionel kidnap Clark? Is he reverting back to his old ways? I though he was suppose to be be Jor-El's emmisary?

Tycho
03-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Why does Lionel kidnap Clark? Is he reverting back to his old ways? I though he was suppose to be be Jor-El's emmisary?

The writers aren't even versed in their own continuity within the show. :rolleyes:

It must be.

I have to go back and watch my DVDs from the point where Lionnel became Jor-El's "vessel," and see if there's any deciperable pattern.

JetsAndHeels says the show went downhill in Season 4. I might have to disagree and say it was Season 5 - but I liked the stuff they did with Brainiac.

I don't know. I just don't know.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-01-2008, 11:42 AM
I have my favorites from seasons 4 on up but I think Jets is right.

Episodes 14 and 15 are from what I've read suppose to focus heavily on Clark and the Luthors and also bring alot of things story wise into the actual Superman continuity.

JetsAndHeels
03-01-2008, 05:04 PM
JetsAndHeels says the show went downhill in Season 4. I might have to disagree and say it was Season 5 - but I liked the stuff they did with Brainiac.

I don't know. I just don't know.

Overall the show did go downhill. The writing was better in seasons 1-3...not saying it was perfect, but it was definately better.

And there are episodes in seasons 4-7 I like...however the seasons themselves have just been a dissappointment to me personally.

Some of my favorite episodes from seasons 4-7 are: Crusade, Run, Transference (one of the best from season 4 IMO), Commencement, Mortal, Onyx, Exposed (no explanation needed lol), Oracle, Vessel, Arrow, Justice, Combat, and Phantom.

Tycho
03-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Transference was really good. That must be when John Glover played Clark and Tom Welling played Lionnel, when the stone switched them, right?

The plot device was sort of a silly McGuffin, but it lent an excuse for some good acting and writing for the rest of the character interactions.

JetsAndHeels
03-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Transference was really good. That must be when John Glover played Clark and Tom Welling played Lionnel, when the stone switched them, right?

Yeah, that's the one.

I loved the prison riot scene towards the end when they switched back. Very cool.

Tycho
03-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Yes. That whole show was pretty fair writing.

You notice because you actually REMEMBER the show, too.

There were many forgettable outings I can't even bring up because I forgot them. :tired:

Jedi_Kal-El
03-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah, that's the one.

I loved the prison riot scene towards the end when they switched back. Very cool.

Switching bodies with Clark was also what cured Lionel of his liver disease. Good episode indeed.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-04-2008, 04:53 PM
I just read over ay Kryptonsite that Smallville has been picked up for one more season. Below is a link to the page.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/season8ishappening.htm

JediTricks
03-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Wow, with 8 seasons, this is going to be a case of more bad seasons than good ones, and Clark's gonna be the next Dick Clark - America's oldest teenager. I feel like the show's outstayed its welcome.

Tycho
03-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Maybe because of the writers' strike they couldn't finish making the disaster they were making this season, so they needed another?

The other thing is, maybe Michael Rosenbaum's contract was episode number specific, so they'll still have him for a certain number of shows next year? I don't know. It's a hope since I think Lex is cool.

Maybe we can expect a shorter 8th season as well - not 22 episodes or so, but rather like 15 - that will bring the series to its conclusion.