PDA

View Full Version : Sandtrooper repaint...

plasticfetish
09-10-2007, 02:51 AM
Had picked up another one of those brown spattered Sandtroopers from the "Saga Legends" line a few days ago, and I decided to try my hand at a repaint. (Been itching to do this stuff for a while now.)

It's a start...

mabudonicus
09-10-2007, 11:46 AM
That's a beauty man, VERY fine work- beats the hell outta Mr. meringue, I still can't figure out why the HELL a figure painted like THAT would ever see the shelves.

You should get busy fixing the rest of 'em eh?? Either way, thanks for posting the pix, very sweet
:beard: Iso & Baws

pbarnard
09-10-2007, 12:26 PM
This is small, and goes under "advanced techniques", but you can see your brush strokes. You'll need to blend or smudge it a bit either with your fingers or cloth/cotton/q-tip a bit.

mabudonicus
09-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, being an accomplished mini artist for aboot 26 years, I would say the "brush marks" are sort of intentional- the weathered troopers in the film looked pretty much exactly like that- as if the armour was dirty but got somewhat "streaky" from sliding down sandy hills etc.

I think that fig looks sweeeeeeeet personally, and I KNOW what I'm talkin about
:beard:
Iso & Baws

plasticfetish
09-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the compliments and input guys. I haven't done anything like this in ages, but I'm still playing around with and collecting materials, so we'll see how things go.

as if the armour was dirty but got somewhat "streaky" from sliding down sandy hills etc.Yeah, exactly... which was the thing I wanted to play with. And a more "realistic" take on what the armor would look like if it were sandblasted day after day. (Time to get out that sandpaper.)