PDA

View Full Version : Battle Packs

DarkJedi5
09-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Any body seen any of the new battle packs? Target is supposed to have the exclusive with the two AT-RTs and the special ARC-170 crew. Also, I never did see the Clone Attack and hunt for Grievous packs the first time around.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-10-2007, 11:28 AM
The only ones ive seen in my area is the jedi V.S. sith packs, (Emperor, Mace, Kit, Tinn, ETC) and the other jedi V.S. sith pack with anakin, Obi in clone armor, Asajj, yoda, and grievous. other than that same ol same ol.

jts21
09-18-2007, 10:27 AM
I don't think the new battle packs are suposed to hit stores until mid October.

DarkJedi5
09-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks for keeping an eye out. I'll post again if I find anything.

mtriv73
09-19-2007, 10:46 AM
the TRU in my town is absolutley choking on capture of the tantive IV battlepacks. I'd buy 2 or 3 for the army builders except they have them for $24.99. Target and the 2 WM's in town can't keep battlepacks in stock and they have them for $20. (Is anyone at TRU corporate paying attention?)

My point is, even when these are released I don't stand a good chance of finding them because there will be no room on the shelves or they'll be gone too fast.

DarkJedi5
09-19-2007, 08:20 PM
I can't help but agree with you. Everywhere I go it's Capture of the Tantive IV and Battle for Geonosis. I just hope that they'll find a way to free up space when the next ones roll out. And it seems that the best of them (the AT-RT and the ARC-170 packs) are Target Exclusives while the rehashes (Clone Attack on Coruscant and Hunt for Grievous) and the Bestrayal at Bespin, Capture at the Droid Factory, Hoth Patrol, and STAP Attack are general. I don't know when they're supposed to be hitting but hopefully it's soon.

Kidhuman
09-19-2007, 08:23 PM
The Hoth and Stap have been canceled per Hasbro at SDCC. The otehr BP's I really are meh about. The AT-RT one looks cool though.

DarkJedi5
09-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't be particularly broken up if I never got my hands on the Hoth or STAP. I do want the two Target packs and never even saw the Hunt for G or the Clone Attack the first time around.

jedibear
09-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Our local TRU just got in the "Geonosis Arena" one(nearly $60.00!!!)...and like the bantha one before it, it's a miss. They chose the three worst figures of Obi-Wan (arena duel with the javlin and broken arm), Padme (the ugly Tomb Raider one with the permanently raised arm) and Anakin (the "deluxe" one with the button on his back that came with the put-together Geo Warrior) to include with the creatures...the creatures themselves feature a truly garish and badly done paint scheme.

It's too bad...the set sounds good and had great potential but it's undone in the execution...

if you have the original releases of these creature...hold on to 'em...

El Chuxter
09-30-2007, 05:55 PM
I saw this yesterday, too. I like the new paint job on the Nexu, but that's the only good thing about it.

DarkJedi5
09-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Yup, saw it and passed. I hope the Hoth set is better done than this. So far they've really missed the mark on some good ideas.

DarkJedi5
10-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Don't know if anyone else is checking this thread, but I saw the repack of the Clone Wars themed "Jedi vs Sith" battle pack, or which ever one it is that has Obi-wan in clone armor. If this is out there then I think we can expect to start seeing the rest of those including the two clone packs that were pretty tough to find last time around. Hopefully they get a decent run before the new Target exclusive ones show up and then the really big Target Hoth and Endor sets some time, probably in November.

DarkJedi5
11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
I noticed today that some e-tailers are listing some of the new battle packs as "in stock". Has anyone spotted one yet on the shelves?

Old Fossil
11-13-2007, 08:44 AM
I saw the Cloud City and Hunt for Greivous sets this morning at Wal-Mart. Passed on 'em, though they look nice.

DarkJedi5
11-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Anyone know the SKU numbers for the new battle packs? I'm kinda sick of hunting for these when all I see on the shelves is Tantive IV and Battle of Geonosis and would like to call ahead if possible.

JON9000
11-14-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm sure Target will put these bad boys on sale again at some point to blow them out. In fact, I am borderline on playing the dangerous game of waiting for them to do so. Tantive Stormtrooper is the best version available, so I really want a few more.

Luuuuuuke
11-14-2007, 07:08 PM
A fellow collector insists that scalpers, including from Frank & Sons, have contacts at the warehouses that ship these items and sometimes get them before they even hit the stores. He argues that the stores don't notice all that is missing as long as it's not too blatant. I'm not sure I totally buy into that, but it wouldn't totally shock me either.

I'm resisting using the DPCI for now mostly because I'mnot sure it'll do me any good in my area. The stores here started getting strict about that around the time of the Order 66 packs. I just want 2 of the Target battlepacks so I figure something has to go seriously wrong for me not to be able to find that.

Barefoot Jedi
11-14-2007, 08:10 PM
I've been really surprised the Tantive IV Battle Pack turned out to be a shelfwarmer.

I haven't seen any of the new ones. I was lucky enough to get a couple of the Hunt For Grievous sets in the ROTS packaging, but I do plan to get at least one of the Bespin sets.

jedi master sal
11-15-2007, 10:26 AM
I've been really surprised the Tantive IV Battle Pack turned out to be a shelfwarmer.

I haven't seen any of the new ones. I was lucky enough to get a couple of the Hunt For Grievous sets in the ROTS packaging, but I do plan to get at least one of the Bespin sets.

I'm not too surpised. Who really needs another Vader? While the Stormies are nice to have in that set, many people still consider those Rebel Fleet troopers to be subpar.

Also a good lot of us army builders don't want to see endless helmetless troops where you see their faces. Too much like clones in that respect. And we know that the rebels were not clones.

However it still made some sense to have the Rebel fleet troopers in the case.

What I would have rather seen instead of the Vader is either an Imperial officer (another reasonable army builder) or even Captain Antilles (with a custom to the head we could have Rebel Fleet Officers).

I just think adding a core character to these battlepacks is holding them back from being sold through more quickly. I can only speak for myself in that I know I would have bought more battle packs if the Jedi or Sith figure wasn't in it. Troops only in battle packs. We can get the Jedi/Sith/Core character carded. I'm pretty certain I'm not the only person who feels that way either.

Just a couple cases in point:
Mace Troops: 1 Mace, 1 "commander" clone-same mold as Airborne trooper, 3 grunts.
Felucia Battle Pack (BP): Aayla, Bly, 3 grunts

Take out the Mace and out in another grunt. It can just be eluded to on the box that they are Mace's troops. Done in picture as well as text.

Same can be said for Aayla. Drop her out in place of another grunt. Bly was a little hard for some people to come by, so I'm okay with him being in the set.

Now I got 4 of the Mace sets at full retail, then waited and ended up getting 6 more at clearance.
For the Felucia set I get (IIRC) 2 at full retail then 4 more at clearance.

Simple put had the core character NOT been in the set, I WOULD have bought more at retail because I want more troops. I have no need for the many extra Mace's, Aayla's, Obi-wan's, Anakin's, etc. from all of these multipacks. They just sit in a box waiting to be given away. Thing is kids want "new" stuff and it's a bit hard to find an accepting kid for opened toys.

So my message is this to Hasbro:

Please stop wasting plastic on unwanted reissues in Battle Packs. If you're just going to keep issuing core charactes on card then do ONLY that.

Battle Packs are a way for people to save money as well as build up their troops. It becomes harder and more expensive to do that when one of the 5 is unwanted. Thus you're losing money by people not buying as many sets as they might otherwise would have.

DarkJedi5
11-21-2007, 10:13 PM
I've seen it reported on RebelScum that the new battle packs are turning up at Targets all over. Anybody find one yet?

Luuuuuuke
11-22-2007, 09:31 AM
I've seen it reported on RebelScum that the new battle packs are turning up at Targets all over. Anybody find one yet?

The Targets have the new battlepacks in stock if not actually out on the shelves: the ARC 170 Elite Squad pack($19.99), the AT-RT Assault pack($29.99) and the two $50 ones, the Hoth and Endor one. I've seen the latter two already stocked on top of shelves at one Target in my area. I've heard other Targets have done the same, though not many.

I actually found the first pack, the one with the 2 ARC 170 clones, on a shelf. But I have a feeling someone had had a case pulled the night before, and that's why 3 of these packs were left. I have not heard of these just being put out otherwise.

Someone told me the street date for some of these packs is Dec. 2. I've also heard this coming Sunday. But tomorrow might be a good day to see if you can find any.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-23-2007, 09:50 PM
I went to Target after work today and didn't see any new battle packs. I did find an Anakin/Assassin droid Comic Pack, the first of that wave that I've seen. I don't know if I should try again tomorrow, or head south to Mt. Vernon, or just wait another week.

Darth Cruel
11-23-2007, 11:31 PM
I called a local Target on Wednesday. hey told me they had the ARC-170 Elite Squad battle pack on the shelf but when I got there (4 hours later) they were gone. I believe they were there though, because I did see a Bespin Dinner Party one.

There were about 3 or 4 of the Tantive IV packs...but I never did have any interest in those as ALL of the figures in that pack are less than what I want. If the Stormtroopers were the VOTC ones...I would be cool with it. But as they are not the SA Stormtroopers, I never did get any to open and do not intend to.

Luuuuuuke
11-23-2007, 11:41 PM
I went to several Targets and Wal-Marts today(Black Friday) for only a few select things: The AT-RT Assault Squad and the Wal-Mart exclusive comic packs(in case they put them out).

I saw absolutely no evidence any of the new exclusives were out. Except for the Hoth and Endor ultimate battle packs, which had previously been put out by the one Target closest to my home.

It's now apparent that those of us who have gotten ARC 170 Elite Squad packs by either seeing them on the shelves or by having them pulled were just lucky. They're not supposed to be out yet. Not until this Sunday or next Sunday. Obviously some employees are less rigid about following Target's rules about this than others.

In general I think Target is stricter now. Before places like Toywiz would have these store exclusives "in stock" or available for preorder well before their street date. Not anymore.

DarkJedi5
11-23-2007, 11:43 PM
Went to Target around 4pm this afternoon and picked up the LAST of the Target exclusive Ultimate battle packs (one of each). At $50 a pop, I can't belive these bad boys are flying off the shelves, but that's the way it goes I guess. I also saw a Bespin set and a Droid Factory capture but those sets really don't offer anything new (and barely even repainted) so I passed.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Seen the Arc Trooper pack and the Bespin set today and passed, mainly because the bespin pack has little to offer me thats new other than Leia, and the Arc Trooper packs looked a little stiff, well compared to the TAC collection anyway, that and i think we'll see a new sculpt of the arc trooper with the clone wars cartoon later in 08, so why get less than stellar figures of these guys now.

Sean the Hutt
11-26-2007, 09:28 PM
got them here in san diego, just lucky timing really. I bought 2 of the 4 arc packs I saw.

Kidhuman
11-26-2007, 09:42 PM
I saw the Bespin and the 2 clone ones. Havent found the ARC packs yet or the ARC.

DarkArtist
11-26-2007, 09:43 PM
found the Bespin and Droid Factory sets tonight at Target, both easy passes . was hoping that I could get the ARC set but no luck.

aussietrooper20
12-05-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm trying to find out whats for the battle packs for 2008. I hope they make a padme with 4 clone troopers.

Warstar
12-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Nabbed the ARC-170 Clone Pack and the last Clone Wars colored ARC-170- along with the AT-RT pack- last night at Target in Bozeman, MT.

I only planned on buying the AT-RT Pack and the ARC-170 Elite pack for the ROTS-Style Clone Troopers in them (THIS (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16309&d=1195263162) is my slight obsession at the moment :p) but when I saw the ARC-170 in the Clone Wars paint scheme itself, I couldn't resist :D

LOVE the thing- and it looks great with the Elite Squad pack R2 unit and Clone Pilots in it :D

The AT-RT Battle Pack ROCKS too- the 2 AT-RT's and their Drivers are paired by a small black insignia on them (one is marked with 1-dotted symbol while the other is marked with a 2-dotted symbol) This makes both driver and vehicle paired- which is a nice touch :D

Oh yeah- on a related note- found the Commander Cody/Anakin/Grievous/Black Clone Pilot tin at K-Mart tonight. The Commander Cody sculpt is the same one as the original release. The orange paint on the figure, however, is slightly glossier than the original release.

jedi master sal
12-06-2007, 11:24 AM
News flash on the Astromech in the ARC-170 battle pack. It's name is R2-B2. I can't find the link I found this out on, it was at 1:30am and I was tired and forgot to save the link.